An option to disable right click targeting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

I don’t want the right click target disabled. It is useful as it does something different from what left click target does. I am just posting here to consolidate posts about a similar issue. The game should not allow you to both select a target and rotate the camera with a single mouse up/down cycle. Targeting and camera rotation are completely different. If they are going to force us to use the same mouse button for both functions it should not be possible to activate both functions at the same time.

As for the scope of the issue, look at all the facts before you try to downplay it.
1) how many threads in the suggestions forum approach the number of posts of this one? I counted 4. Linux client, Cyrillic, skimpy armor, and a general suggestion thread (which this issue was listed on the first page and multiple other times).

2) How many other posts are there? Here is a Google search if just the suggestion thread for “right-click” and targeting. EDIT: The linked search results were giving me problems so I’ll just post some numbers and a screen shot. Google returned a total of 22,900 results for the suggestion forums. I got 156 for right click targeting. Just targeting returned 491 and camera returned 593.

3) I’d say a chunk of the population doesn’t know why they are losing targets or are stating the problem differently. Right click targeting is a subset of the issue. The same bug exists with the left button. Also, people have to do some analysis just to figure out why they are losing targets. EDIT: Google returned a total of 17,900results for the bugs forum. I got 97 for lost target. Just targeting returned 245 and camera returned 375.

4) This is an international game. Not all players that know about the issue can clearly communicate the issue in English.

…This problem only affects some people, of 1-2 million people this thread has under 300 who feel strongly enough to post about it. I’m not saying their claims are unfounded or untrue, just that this is what we were told…

Attachments:

(edited by Faux Play.6104)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

As for the scope of the issue, look at all the facts before you try to downplay it.
1) how many threads in the suggestions forum approach the number of posts of this one? I counted 4. Linux client, Cyrillic, skimpy armor, and a general suggestion thread (which this issue was listed on the first page and multiple other times).

Also keep in mind that the Skimpy armor thread is basically just one big discussion of me against everyone else. And it now covers a much wider subject of how women are depicted in games.

This auto targeting thread is rather unique, in the way everyone posting in it has at least some story to share regarding troubles with the targeting. Its not just a discussion like the skimpy armor thread, its a long list of complaints.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

I don’t want the right click target disabled. It is useful as it does something different from what left click target does. I am just posting here to consolidate posts about a similar issue. The game should not allow you to both select a target and rotate the camera with a single mouse up/down cycle. Targeting and camera rotation are completely different. If they are going to force us to use the same mouse button for both functions it should not be possible to activate both functions at the same time.

2) How many other posts are there? Here is a Google search if just the suggestion thread for “right-click” and targeting. EDIT: The linked search results were giving me problems but I used the following search string and got over 10 pages of results.
site:https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/ “right click” targeting

3) I’d say a chunk of the population doesn’t know why they are losing targets or are stating the problem differently. Right click targeting is a subset of the issue. The same bug exists with the left button. Also, people have to do some analysis just to figure out why they are losing targets. EDIT: This one returned 5 pages of results:
site:https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs target loss

4) This is an international game. Not all players that know about the issue can clearly communicate the issue in English.

…This problem only affects some people, of 1-2 million people this thread has under 300 who feel strongly enough to post about it. I’m not saying their claims are unfounded or untrue, just that this is what we were told…

I just want to point out that while right-click targeting does “something different,” it’s the same function as left-clicking and pressing F.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

in Suggestions

Faux Play.6104

In terms of auto attacking f makes no difference for me. When I right click and have an auto attack selected it attacks immediately on target selection. Left click will NOT attack immediately on target selection, unless I double click.

[quote=2016683;RoyHarmon.5398…
I just want to point out that while right-click targeting does “something different,” it’s the same function as left-clicking and pressing F.[/quote]

in Suggestions

RoyHarmon.5398

In terms of auto attacking f makes no difference for me. When I right click and have an auto attack selected it attacks immediately on target selection. Left click will NOT attack immediately on target selection, unless I double click.

I just want to point out that while right-click targeting does “something different,” it’s the same function as left-clicking and pressing F.

You are correct. I forgot about the autoattack.

I suppose those of us with only one working finger would be hindered by the loss of that functionality.

- C. S. Lewis

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adagio.3825

Adagio.3825

I cannot believe this “feature” is STILL an issue… Not letting this thread die though

in Suggestions

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

I suppose those of us with only one working finger would be hindered by the loss of that functionality.

Thing is, the request is not to disable right-click player aggravation, I mean right-click retargeting – it’s to provide the option. For those who actually like it – Lyssa knows why – they’d lose nothing. For those of us who hate it with a passion – which is most of the people who’ve posted in this 11 page thread – it would be a massive improvement in our fun in the game.

Seriously, it’s one of the top “buts” that I have to include when talking about the game to nonplayers, and the way I tend to swear at the game when I get kittened over by adjusting the camera only to lose my target has not been helping the game’s image with people I share a house with.

(Incidentally, if there’s anyone here who hasn’t already +1’d the OP, I’d recommend they do so. We really need to get the devs to understand that this is not a minor issue to be maybe looked into when they’ve got nothing better to do half a dozen months after it was first brought to their attention, but a major issue negatively impacting a lot of players.)

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

(edited by draxynnic.3719)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

This is without a doubt the best way to fix this problem. I don’t know how hard it is to do, but it would save me a lot of frustration. Lol at geotherma’s arguments here. Priority? How important was the fix on how an NPC holds a chicken? I won’t argue with the idea that some people have no problem with this, but by her own admission she never uses right click to target or attack or interact with anything. What if tab cycled through allies and resource nodes and brought up dialog boxes and made you start mining while you were getting hammered by a dozen enemies? Would that be a priority fix? Nah, let’s fix the way NPC’s hold chickens.

Arenanet is the ones who said low priority, I was just repeating their words. I personally think it is a lower priority because it is not as large as some think it is. This problem only affects some people, of 1-2 million people this thread has under 300 who feel strongly enough to post about it. I’m not saying their claims are unfounded or untrue, just that this is what we were told. I agree it should be fixed, even if it is to convenience just some players because it is not a major change to the game. Many people continue to make it sound like I’m against it, when clearly I’ve stated otherwise and condensed info that is easier for people and devs to read. There are plenty of things I would like fixed as well, I would like the chickens to stop pooping eggs at me for 40k damage, and for 3 champions to not use the same 21k dmg skill at once on me.. But I’m patient.

You also forget about the people who never post there problems here, those that see this thread an am like “oke thats known” and so don’t post and then the people who do notice they lost there target all the time but do not know why. Most think it has to do with auto-targeting. I though that at first. In the TeamSpeak I was talking about it and there also some people where like.. “oow thats why I lose the target the whole time, I though it had to do with auto-targeting.”

Just ask in your guild how many people have the problem of “suddenly targeting the wrong target” and you will see it’s about half of the player-base.

(edited by Devata.6589)

in Suggestions

Faux Play.6104

Disabling right click targeting is just treating a symptom. The issue is the game allows you to both rotate AND change target with the same click (if the motion is done quickly). The same issue exists with the left mouse. If you use it to do a quick look left or right while you are running you will have the same problem. Globally fixing the mechanic so you can’t do two functions with the same click would cure the disease.

Thing is, the request is not to disable right-click player aggravation, I mean right-click retargeting – it’s to provide the option. For those who actually like it – Lyssa knows why – they’d lose nothing. For those of us who hate it with a passion – which is most of the people who’ve posted in this 11 page thread – it would be a massive improvement in our fun in the game.

Seriously, it’s one of the top “buts” that I have to include when talking about the game to nonplayers, and the way I tend to swear at the game when I get kittened over by adjusting the camera only to lose my target has not been helping the game’s image with people I share a house with.

(Incidentally, if there’s anyone here who hasn’t already +1’d the OP, I’d recommend they do so. We really need to get the devs to understand that this is not a minor issue to be maybe looked into when they’ve got nothing better to do half a dozen months after it was first brought to their attention, but a major issue negatively impacting a lot of players.)

in Suggestions

RoyHarmon.5398

Disabling right click targeting is just treating a symptom. The issue is the game allows you to both rotate AND change target with the same click (if the motion is done quickly). The same issue exists with the left mouse. If you use it to do a quick look left or right while you are running you will have the same problem. Globally fixing the mechanic so you can’t do two functions with the same click would cure the disease.

That’s a good point, but I’d still be thrilled with a nice band-aid fix.

Last night, I was leveling up my warrior (if I continue, it’ll be my 6th level-80) and I kept accidentally picking up the Banner of Defense that I had placed. After a split second of confusion, I realized this was just another quirk of the right-click targeting system.

- C. S. Lewis

in Suggestions

Posted by: kurtosis.9526

kurtosis.9526

Last night, I was leveling up my warrior (if I continue, it’ll be my 6th level-80) and I kept accidentally picking up the Banner of Defense that I had placed. After a split second of confusion, I realized this was just another quirk of the right-click targeting system.

Isn’t that really a quirk of the F key? Eg you were trying to loot a mob but instead picked up the banner?

But in general I totally agree. Even a bandaid fix to the right click targeting problem would be much appreciated. It’s really annoying.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Isn’t that really a quirk of the F key? Eg you were trying to loot a mob but instead picked up the banner?

But in general I totally agree. Even a bandaid fix to the right click targeting problem would be much appreciated. It’s really annoying.

I spam F key like an idiot when farming, leads me to collecting many banners and dying while temp raising NPC’s :P

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Suggestions

RoyHarmon.5398

It would have been, but I didn’t press it.

I wasn’t looting because nothing was dying. We were fighting a champion centaur.

- C. S. Lewis

(edited by RoyHarmon.5398)

in Suggestions

RoyHarmon.5398

I spam F key like an idiot when farming, leads me to collecting many banners and dying while temp raising NPC’s :P

Yeah, I do that, too.

But, yeah… wasn’t farming.

- C. S. Lewis

in Suggestions

Devata.6589

True, but it’s a fast solution that can be fixed in just a few minutes.. well lets give them an hour. And it would help the people who have this problem. Except for the left-handed who probably have this problem with the right key-button.

So it could have been an easy fix that was implemented within a week after that this thread had been created. By now you might have expected a better more complete fix, thats true. But for now we did not get any solution / fix at all and I do wonder if devs still look at this thread or are like “somebody already reacted to this post”. I noticed that “Suggestions” is a place where devs are already least active what is a really shame because it has some of the best threads.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Leuddian.3057

Leuddian.3057

Just dropping in to agree! The right click is the big problem. Most of us are used to turning the camera with it and it often clicks random allies during a battle when I didn’t want to switch targets.

in Suggestions

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

Checking in, i see nothing has been fixed yet. 11 pages! How long can we make this thing before this gets fixed?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Control Core.1079

Control Core.1079

Anet: hang on people our employees are counting money and we have a huge backlog. 7 months later in the tread, you know the rest.

in Suggestions

kurtosis.9526

Just a minor clarification about this issue – you don’t actually retarget when you press the right mouse button, you retarget when you release it.

As if right-clicking targeting wasn’t already weird enough…

in Suggestions

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

11 pages, what 2 Major patches, and atleast 6 minor patches and nothing has been mentioned on this topic by Anet other then ‘we are looking into it’ that was 8 months ago?

I highly doubt this is going to be fixed. as they dont see it as a problem.

we can argue till we are blue in the faces on why right click targeting is bad (and it IS BAD, ok ANET?!), but unless the company agrees with the player base on this, its not going to get fixed/patched/optioned into the game.

I personally hate the right click target, when I move, camera pan, dodge (I dodge Right/left which requires the z-Lock) i always lose target, then the auto targeting system, 90% of time, Picks the wrong target. And I am either killing a environmental object(sorry Bunny) or pulling another Mob (oh crap, not the champion over there…needed to clear out the trash first).

But oh no, its not game breaking enough to ANET to take this seriously, but they sure have the man power and time to deploy a stupid 1/2 assed living story that took up a total of 8 hours of my time to complete (yay awesome Flower, Bonus for Doc Octopus!), which probably took them well over a month to build the all the events and achievements and dialog for.

By now they should be diverting a small team to hammer out these ‘game Breaking’ bugs/irritations so what we can play the MMO as we please, with out killing us/the party by this awesomely done right click targeting feature.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

in Suggestions

kurtosis.9526

Completely agree. Just have to keep bugging them about it, forever if necessary. In cases like these the squeaky wheel gets the grease, just gotta be squeakier and more consistent than the other complaints.

11 pages and 8 months worth of an undying thread on the issue should be getting pretty close to getting that message across.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

So.. they said they needed time to decide whether or not this was a good option for their targeting system.

So.. they said they needed time to decide whether or not this was a good option for their targeting system.They said this in November 2012..

So.. they said they needed time to decide whether or not this was a good option for their targeting system.They said this in November 2012..It’s May 2013..

So.. they said they needed time to decide whether or not this was a good option for their targeting system.They said this in November 2012..It’s May 2013..kitten ANET, WE NEED THIS kitten REMOVED FROM THE GAME ALREADY, HOP TO IT ALREADY! WE’VE GIVEN YOU PLENTY OF TIME! >.>

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: lorazcyk.8927

lorazcyk.8927

In General options window:

• Target selection: [ Left button | Right button | None ]
    (None for those who prefer using the keyboard)
  • Then you can also click “double click to attack/interact” if you want to double click, or disable it if you would rather one click automatically attacks/interacts.

Now you can choose your prefered style targeting, and those of us with this problem can set it to left click, or none, then single or double click.

Did I overlook anything?

(edited by lorazcyk.8927)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Fix this. After 7 months this “feature” still kitten me off.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Suggestions

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Congrats Anet on passing the 15000 view mark!

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

in Suggestions

Faux Play.6104

I would disagree. My solution only requires them to find where in the code it makes a decision on selection and add a filter that mouse motion between a mouse up and mouse down event doesn’t cause a target selection. Based on what I have seen, that filter is already there for slow motions. 2:37 of the video demonstrates the issue with both left and right buttons. 3:52 shows slower motions don’t cause it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM8-VJLbbqY

Your option requires finding the same location in the code and add a filter as well. However, your filter is based on an entry to an options window based on user preference. So not only do they have to add the filter, they need to add something to an options window.

True, but it’s a fast solution that can be fixed in just a few minutes.. well lets give them an hour. And it would help the people who have this problem. Except for the left-handed who probably have this problem with the right key-button.

So it could have been an easy fix that was implemented within a week after that this thread had been created. By now you might have expected a better more complete fix, thats true. But for now we did not get any solution / fix at all and I do wonder if devs still look at this thread or are like “somebody already reacted to this post”. I noticed that “Suggestions” is a place where devs are already least active what is a really shame because it has some of the best threads.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zee.1294

Zee.1294

Our development team reviews play input on a regular basis. They are aware of this suggestion, but have not yet reached a decision on what changes, if any, they will make to targeting.

There is a lot going on right now with the upcoming event, but after that, the team will take a look at a lot of different game elements, and may make some changes in the future.

Sorry I don’t have more specific information, but you can be sure this is not being ignored or rejected without due consideration.

Thanks for understanding.

Wow… i guess that must be a loth of work to ad a tiny bitty icon that say…." Disable right click targeting "…..
Looking at the post made 6 months ago..they MAY fix it 2015…unbelievable
We understand alright … take u time….no rush

Viggen ( SF ) warrior – JQ
Want some…..come get some !

in Suggestions

RoyHarmon.5398

Just a minor clarification about this issue – you don’t actually retarget when you press the right mouse button, you retarget when you release it.

As if right-clicking targeting wasn’t already weird enough…

I don’t think it’s always that.

I know there have been some times when I didn’t even have my hand on the mouse and pressed one of the 1-9 buttons to activate a skill, and it changed my target.

Of course, that could have been something stupid like my target walked out of camera view and it auto-targeted something else for me, but I’m still not certain it’s always one thing or another.

I think the targeting system is so hopelessly nuanced that we can never be confident in our expectations of it.

EDIT: I still want a fix for the right-click targeting problem, whatever they decide the best fix to be (aside from no fix at all). Then I can move on to complaining about losing targets when they move out of my field of view.

- C. S. Lewis

in Suggestions

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Nope. If the ‘press F to (action)’ notification comes up, and you right-click in the general area of that notification, you’ll start performing that action.

Faux Play actually makes a very good point – as far as I can tell, in the main screen actually makes no distinction between the right and left mouse buttons (it does in inventory screens, obviously, since right-clicking brings up menus). They really need to make one do one thing, and the other do the other. Most people are used to rotating the camera with the right mouse button and performing actions (targetting, clicking on buttons) with the other, so it’s the right mouse button that has been the focus of attention – but it’s equally strange that the left mouse button also adjust the camera if you drag. (It’s just less likely to be something someone does without thinking as using the right mouse to adjust the camera – like, say, in Guild Wars 1 - and find that your target has changed or that you’re suddenly now attempting to res in combat because of an action you didn’t even consciously decide to do.

Seriously, I’m tempted to suggest that we start making more of these threads liberally spread across the forums. If we make pests of ourselves again, then at least we’ll know the moderators have had to sit up and take notice rather than just regarding this 11-page thread as an oubliette they don’t need to look in to. Squeaky wheel gets the grease indeed, and after half a year I think the least we deserve is a frelling update.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

(edited by draxynnic.3719)

in Suggestions

Posted by: lorazcyk.8927

lorazcyk.8927

>> “but it’s equally strange that the left mouse button also adjust the camera if you drag” <<

It’s a different type of camera movement, it moves the camera but doesn’t move your character. It’s useful if you’re running but want to look around corners or behind you without changing direction.

I’m sure they’ll close the thread eventually, saying “this thread has gotten pretty long and has run its course” LOL

in Suggestions

Posted by: VLNt.9862

VLNt.9862

If this thread will be closed another will be started until the “disable right click targeting” box magically spawn in the options menu.
Just because of this issue (minor in the ANET staff head, but major for us the players) i seriously think to quit this game. I tolerated it for some months hoping that i’ll see the big change. Right now ain’t no fun anymore and the game became a source of irritation.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

Add me to this list of people that wants Anet to switch some of their employees from writing code so we can “build a camp fire” — and address real customer complaints.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I’d also like an option to disable auto-target and auto-attack against animals.

The amount of times I’ve been using guardian greatsword attack to go a little faster, and wound up jumping off a cliff (in a very epic way >.<) because of an animal nearby is ridiculous.

It also makes me go slower (irony) because then my skills bar lights up, making me as slow as a tortoise.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in Suggestions

RoyHarmon.5398

I’d also like an option to disable auto-target and auto-attack against animals.

The amount of times I’ve been using guardian greatsword attack to go a little faster, and wound up jumping off a cliff (in a very epic way >.<) because of an animal nearby is ridiculous.

It also makes me go slower (irony) because then my skills bar lights up, making me as slow as a tortoise.

Yeah, that’s the kind of quirk I’ve come to expect from the targeting system.

In no case should autotarget ever choose a neutral creature. Like, ever.

- C. S. Lewis

in Suggestions

RoyHarmon.5398

I apologize for the double-post, but it just happened again.

I was fighting some Jackdaw pirates just now, and I was downed after eliminating the first three. There were only two left, and each of them was at about 1/3 health.

I kept smacking one of them with a rock, and though I was almost defeated, only one more hit would finish off the pirate and I’d be up again. I would probably defeat the last remaining pirate easily.

Unfortunately, I missed. That is, instead of chucking my rock at the pirate with too little remaining health to be visible in the health bar, my character decided to change up his tactics and target the other one (the one with about 30% health). I was defeated, and both pirates walked away to regenerate their health back to full.

I know it wasn’t the right-click targeting this time, however, because I wasn’t clicking anything. As I described in a post above, my hand wasn’t on the mouse, and I was tapping away at the 1 key.

I hate autotarget. But I also hate that it’s the only way I can play the game and actually hit anything, even if it’s not usually the thing I wanted to hit.

Attachments:

- C. S. Lewis

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaaboose.3897

Kaaboose.3897

How, HOW are people defending arenanet for leaving this glaring problem in their game for so long?
I love GW2 but this problem contunially bites me in the kitten and causes untold levels of frustrations.
Anet have demonstrated they can fix farm more complex problems then this.
Anyone defending Arenanet for leaving this problem in their game for so long wihtout any excuse as to why is an idiot, a fanboy or both.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Marrt.2498

Marrt.2498

Be me, play GW1 for several years, anticipate GW2 and watch all godsend trailers of awsomeness. Preorder Collector’s Edition…

BWE1: Notice narrow FOV, unnecessary camera collisions with thinnest trees and strange target losing in heated battles
Play through 3 BWE while watching ANET not solving a single issue…

So here we are, ~1 year later. Costumers still need a adjustable FOV, a reasonable collison matrix layering and mouse configuration and yet we get more hats! yay.

If it wasn’t for a third party FOV tool WHICH I AM USING! i would have already stopped playing

ARENANET, i am deeply deeply disappointed. Disappointed in some way of F__K THAT, i should finally leave GW2 and their stubborn marketing thrive to satisfy the demands of the players that can’t even grasp the deep flaws of this game but are obvious for us forum prayers…

I want to point out again that I AM USING THIRD PARTY FOV ADJUSTMENT TOOLS that sets my vertical fov to 65 (=~110 horz. fov) which is the only reasonable way for my monitor setup

in Suggestions

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Our development team reviews play input on a regular basis. They are aware of this suggestion, but have not yet reached a decision on what changes, if any, they will make to targeting.

There is a lot going on right now with the upcoming event, but after that, the team will take a look at a lot of different game elements, and may make some changes in the future.

Sorry I don’t have more specific information, but you can be sure this is not being ignored or rejected without due consideration.

Thanks for understanding.

6 months…really? Will it be another 6 months of more silence on this mind-bogglingly easy to fix issue? It has easily been that long since anyone has responded in the Bug Forum version of this thread as well. If this isn’t a clear message of how much worth the voices of players carries, I don’t know what is.

I have played daily since launch, and I’ve done my best to still enjoy this game despite so many underwhelming and wholly disappointing aspects of ‘adjustments’ done to the game and lack of purchasable content offerings. I hope this is fixed within the next month, that’s about all I have left in me to continue dealing with this issue.
sigh ….please, ArenaNet…I fear for this game making it through summer intact.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

in Suggestions

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

Adding my voice to the post count. Please do this Anet!

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

They have the option to post an update or not post an update, I am thinking since they do not bother to actually update anyone here, that they already know they have lost the trust of a good chunk of their community with their slack response times to basic bug fixes.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Suggestions

Devata.6589

ArenaNet does not seem to be looking in the suggestions page anymore. To bad because it is most-likely the best and most important topic. Look at the last 10 pages in the suggestion page and there are like 2 ‘fresh’ reactions.

They can better close suggestions if they don’t read it anyway.

We might want to move this thread and the thread about missing guild-options (and maybe other important threats) to bugs. Because a bad game mechanic is a bug is it not? It’s one of the topics some dev’s still do react once in a while. But sadly it seems like they are stopping to really have contact with the community. To bad, it was something they were doing good during the beta.

(edited by Devata.6589)

in Suggestions

Faux Play.6104

I posted a bug report a couple weeks back with a youtube link demonstarting the issue. However it gets covered up by more serious issues like nerfing the crabtacular title.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Camera-motion-and-target-selection-w-1-click/1943672

ArenaNet does not seem to be looking in the suggestions page anymore. To bad because it is most-likely the best and most important topic. Look at the last 10 pages in the suggestion page and there are like 2 ‘fresh’ reactions.

They can better close suggestions if they don’t read it anyway.

We might want to move this thread and the thread about missing guild-options (and maybe other important threats) to bugs. Because a bad game mechanic is a bug is it not? It’s one of the topics some dev’s still do react once in a while. But sadly it seems like they are stopping to really have contact with the community. To bad, it was something they were doing good during the beta.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

Giving this thread my +1. I’d love to see right-click targeting gone.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

in Suggestions

Posted by: blurps.2340

blurps.2340

This needs to stay on the front page.

Just do it already ANet.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Died again today as my mesmer trying to target a vet. Targeted a mini. Lost money in repairs. Contemplating uninstalling game.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

in Suggestions

Posted by: Suburbian.1023

Suburbian.1023

I’d like that too, BUMP!

in Suggestions

Devata.6589

Died again today as my mesmer trying to target a vet. Targeted a mini. Lost money in repairs. Contemplating uninstalling game.

Yeah somehow most the bugs in GW2 cost the players money. When I report a bug ingame I also always ask for the ingame money I lost because of the bug.

Not that I ever got any but just to show how often thats the case. I seen bugs in other MMO’s but they rarely cost the player ingame money, in GW2 9/10 bugs do.

in Suggestions

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

This still needs to happen.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zee.1294

Zee.1294

Keep push this tread ….

Viggen ( SF ) warrior – JQ
Want some…..come get some !

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

A suggestion with more than 500 replies and yet ANet doesn’t change this. Just shows how much they care, why even bother making suggestions at all.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake