Can we now get an inspect option?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Logun.2349

Logun.2349

It’s been brought up before, and I think its right to bring it up again.

With the coming of the new Ascended gear, that has a real effect on how a player performs in end gae content, Guild Wars 2 needs the ability to inspect other players gear added sorely.

Players will want to know if a player they are adding to thier team is equipped well enough for the run planned through FotM. It will avoid situations where players mislead and waste people’s time. A inspect option will make group forming much smoother and better all around!

With Ascended gear being a requirement for deep runs into the FotM for ELITE rewards, an inspect function is a necessity to ensure you are playing with Correctly equipped teamates.

Here it comes …. that didn’t take long…… “Nope! sorry you can’t be part of my group your gears not good enough!”

ANet if you can’t see the genie you’re letting out of the bottle with this, …I’m … I’m speechless.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zen.1740

Zen.1740

warrior looking for server with a high enough population to do a dungeon on
1550 gear score

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2,
no one enjoys that, no one finds it fun.” – Colin Johanson
R.I.P. in piece, Guild Wars 2, August 2012 – September 2012

in Suggestions

Posted by: HTXL.2598

HTXL.2598

And’s what to stop you from posting LF2M No req.

You guys are no different.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Sure add an option to inspect players some games do have such a feature, but only if we have a privacy option that prevents it. I have no desire to share my skill set/statistics/equipment with random strangers. Best yet would to have a customisable auto reply so I can tell them to stop being so nosey.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hocofaisan.2593

Hocofaisan.2593

Like I said, it would require permission to inspect.

My concern is pug groups. Without an easy way to cull your teamates pugging for
Deep FotM runs will be a fools quest.

You want to make sure all members of the team are fully protected from agony, so you can get the elite rewards deeper in the dungeon.

in Suggestions

Zen.1740

Sure add an option to inspect players some games do have such a feature, but only if we have a privacy option that prevents it. I have no desire to share my skill set/statistics/equipment with random strangers. Best yet would to have a customisable auto reply so I can tell them to stop being so nosey.

Such bad players shouldn’t be allowed to play GW2.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

Only people that are ashamed of their gear don’t want people to inspect it. Either L2P or go back to carebear central, a.k.a. the original Guild Wars.

I hope you can detect that this is me being intentionally cynical and sarcastic.

in Suggestions

Zen.1740

Only people that are ashamed of their gear don’t want people to inspect it. Either L2P or go back to carebear central, a.k.a. the original Guild Wars.

I hope you can detect that this is me being intentionally cynical and sarcastic.

Why, are you bad too?

in Suggestions

Posted by: StormcrowX.9236

StormcrowX.9236

I don’t know which is sadder, that some people fail to recognize a troll post or that some people are actually serious about this.

You are not one of their “most dedicated players”. Don’t worry, neither am I apparently.
-NaughtyProwler.8653

in Suggestions

Zen.1740

I don’t know which is sadder, that some people fail to recognize a troll post or that some people are actually serious about this.

I dunno. Are you being sarcastic? It’s 2012, and this is supposed to be a “AAA” MMO. You’d have thought that a gear-inspect feature would be a given, and implemented in beta. Yet it’s gone 3 months without one, and now there’s even more reason to need one with this ‘hardcore’ gear tier.

Only terribad scrubs don’t want to be inspected, because they’ll be the ones running around in mystic forge blues and the first ones to complain about other people being bad when their groups wipe.

‘A function to stop people looking at my gear’? Really? That’s pathetic.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wiser with Age.3714

Wiser with Age.3714

I don’t want GW2 to go to this kind of place. Gear progression treadmills are insidious and all consuming. They warp both the game’s difficulty structure and the atmosphere of the player base.

Having said that, I am dead serious about wanting /inspect if ArenaNet really ends up opening this Pandora’s Box of scorched earth tactics. If we’re going to a gear treadmill system, then you can’t do it half way. Exclusion and elitism goes hand in hand with this system since they are required for weeding out players who use sub-par gear, which then prevents you from completing new content.

I really don’t have the IRL time to invest in a gear progression grind at this point in my life. The odds of me fading away from GW2 are rather good if this is the direction that they are going. Yet if I do stay, I’ll end up reverting to my old MMO raider persona (which is filled with a toned down elitest streak). If I’m really going to waste hours of my life that I should probably spend else where, then expect to get a great return on my time investment and will have little patience for dead weight players.

We are Test Group F. (Don’t ask about what happened to the previous Test Groups.)

in Suggestions

Posted by: kistell.5684

kistell.5684

I dunno. Are you being sarcastic? It’s 2012, and this is supposed to be a “AAA” MMO. You’d have thought that a gear-inspect feature would be a given, and implemented in beta. Yet it’s gone 3 months without one, and now there’s even more reason to need one with this ‘hardcore’ gear tier.

Only terribad scrubs don’t want to be inspected, because they’ll be the ones running around in mystic forge blues and the first ones to complain about other people being bad when their groups wipe.

Did school finish early today or are the wow servers down for maintenance?

in Suggestions

Posted by: CrazyGoNuts.9536

CrazyGoNuts.9536

Its not a joke, and its needed if (as ANet is claiming) not having enough ascended gear means that you can’t complete the new content.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wasselin.1235

Wasselin.1235

Why not just play the game that already has gear inspect? They’ve already solved all these problems that ANet has no experience with yet.

“Please find my dear friends… Dead or Alive” -redmakoto

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hocofaisan.2593

Hocofaisan.2593

Agony system can only be fought with ascended gear folks.

Therefore it’s a must have on serious runs of FotM.
This is not elitism, it’s just pragmatics.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Finjala.3401

Finjala.3401

Yep, see this Anet?

That’s what I mean. Once you say A, you need to say B. If you think that people are exaggerating because they are upset you let go of your principles….it’s started already and this thread is part of it.

Bring in the gear check. That way we can make sure we can shun players and turn this game into “yet another one of those MMOs”.

Yep here we go already ….. back to elitism and bad community…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

haha, yeah, now we are setting course to WoW at lightspeed. Also extend the inspect feature to character build so will see “lf engineer, bunker build only” in the near future.

in Suggestions

Zen.1740

Did school finish early today or are the wow servers down for maintenance?

no im posting from school lol
whats wow?

in Suggestions

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

And flying mounts, 50-man raids and gear-based PvP.

Replace dynamic events with static quest givers that all have the same “Collect 10 Bear Butts” quest. It would be so much more fun that way. We need World of Guildcraft Wars 2 ASAP otherwise the one kid that actually likes gear treadmills might quit and play WoW instead.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ley.8973

ley.8973

What if you need one more for the latter levels, and you need someone with X amounts of Agony resistance?
Some players might think “Woa my chance of getting rushed the best gear!” and bang, he joins with full rares and greens.

So the group will have to make do with 4 until they realize their 5th player isn’t doing anything by dying in less than 15~30 seconds every battle.

If they aren’t “geared” properly, they will die too much and eventually get replaced. That’s how it worked before all those “armories” and “achievements” and inspect features, and it was apparently sufficient enough.

You know where this leads, right? People required to have gear from dungeon X before they are allowed to join the group for dungeon X. And I’ve had jolly well enough of that nonsense in other games.

Nah, we don’t need no inspecting, no sorting, no gear assessment committees. Playing supposed to be fun, remember? Being judged and thrown out before you ever have a chance to show your prowess, that is definitely not fun.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

Honestly , i got 500 hours already out of this game , worth my money , and im glad it did.

Cause by the looks of the direction Anet is going , i will be jumping to the next big MMO soon.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Suggestions

Nox Aeterna.2965

If they aren’t “geared” properly, they will die too much and eventually get replaced. That’s how it worked before all those “armories” and “achievements” and inspect features, and it was apparently sufficient enough.

You know where this leads, right? People required to have gear from dungeon X before they are allowed to join the group for dungeon X. And I’ve had jolly well enough of that nonsense in other games.

Nah, we don’t need no inspecting, no sorting, no gear assessment committees. Playing supposed to be fun, remember? Being judged and thrown out before you ever have a chance to show your prowess, that is definitely not fun.

They are not really wrong to ask for this , you suggest everyone lose their time going down to test if every player they add can actually do the content? This is a very silly idea.

This is Anet fault for adding the gear , might now go all the way and make the dungeon PUG viable. Cause without this , PUGs will judge your gear by the eye , and that means you cant even transmute the gear anymore.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

+1 for OP, I don’t want casuals to ruin my hardcore experience. If they want to get farmed on the first levels, they can join others casual and not hide their gear to join a pro team.

And there is no sarcasm in my post, I want to have a competent and geared to teeth group, not randoms that I will learn too late are full magic find exotics/rare.

It happend with GW1 (UW speed clears) – you had to have UW items in order to join an UW group. But even then people could buy these items from other players and get into skilled teams. I hope you can only get infused gear from the dungeon and can’t trade it in any way.

Snow Crows [SC]

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

May as well add a solo mode to the dungeons because once the elitists get their way, everyone else will be locked out of the dungeons for good.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Posted by: yurtshone.7325

yurtshone.7325

+1 for OP, I don’t want casuals to ruin my hardcore experience. If they want to get farmed on the first levels, they can join others casual and not hide their gear to join a pro team.

And there is no sarcasm in my post, I want to have a competent and geared to teeth group, not randoms that I will learn too late are full magic find exotics/rare.

This Anet ^^
This is what you want in your game? /so sad

in Suggestions

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

With the coming of the new Ascended gear, that has a real effect on how a player performs in end gae content, Guild Wars 2 needs the ability to inspect other players gear added sorely.

Players will want to know if a player they are adding to thier team is equipped well enough for the run planned through FotM. It will avoid situations where players mislead and waste people’s time. A inspect option will make group forming much smoother and better all around!

With Ascended gear being a requirement for deep runs into the FotM for ELITE rewards, an inspect function is a necessity to ensure you are playing with Correctly equipped teamates.

Not needed, though I can see why, still a simple ping your ascended gear in party chat request will suffice.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

Folks the new gear is coming, like it or not.

Please let’s limit this discussion to how the game needs an inspection system to facilitate pugging the new FotM dungeon.

Pugs without inspection will not be possible.

Simple you ‘ask’ some.
An inspection option is a terrible, terrible idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Well, til then, i’ll ask for linking in chat.

Snow Crows [SC]

in Suggestions

Nox Aeterna.2965

Well, til then, i’ll ask for linking in chat.

Well no rule saying you cant have 2 sets , one you link , one you use.

But i guess it will work for most players at least before they can make multi sets.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

I know very well where this will lead.
But I’m not the one making gear limited dungeons with gear check progression.

And I’d be very upset to waste 15~45 min just to figure 1~2 members of my party aren’t geared enough to run the later levels of Fractals with me.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

I don’t want this, WoW proved it’s a horrible system.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Definitely not a good idea.

I played a game where most people expected that the only reason you run a specific endgame dungeon was money, rather than to farm the gear from it. This resulted in a significant majority (80%+) of all PUGs requiring gear that was specifically gotten from that dungeon.

Luckily for that game, the gear and the bits to make it were tradeable, so it was possible for you to get it without doing the dungeon. The biggest problem was that to do that, you needed some other source of funds. For a lot of people, that meant turning to cash shopping (e.g. buying gems, buying from gold sellers) or merchanting.

The ones that couldn’t do either were left out.

And sadly, in that game, I spent literally years merchanting (their equivalent of playing the TP) to out-do the gear treadmill, because it was literally impossible for me to viably farm the gear and I refused to cash shop.

And since they also had gear based PvP as the only option, I never got into PvP. Which means when I got to a high enough level (the cap wasn’t realistically reachable), I just spent years to get gear… for the sake of getting gear.

(edited by Olba.5376)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

I have hated this suggestion since day one. Look it up. I’ve fought the idea every time it was asked, reported dozens of threads suggesting inspection to be closed because it’s just a bad idea that’s been talked about over and over again. I hate it. Absolutely hate it.

But, with new content where we have been told that it will simply be "A must" that we have upgraded gear with specific stats... We need inspection in order to build parties now. I hate to say it, but it’s just true.

How far that little candle throws its beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
- William Shakespear

in Suggestions

Olba.5376

I have hated this suggestion since day one. Look it up. I’ve fought the idea every time it was asked, reported dozens of threads suggesting inspection to be closed because it’s just a bad idea that’s been talked about over and over again. I hate it. Absolutely hate it.

I have played in a game where they had gear inspection. Later on, they added a skill for one class that allowed them to inspect inventories, and amulets that let you inspect exact stats of other players.

But, with new content where we have been told that it will simply be “A must” that we have upgraded gear with specific stats… We need inspection in order to build parties now. I hate to say it, but it’s just true.

Not necessarily. Of course, if the Agony mechanic is a keeper, then it’s going to affect things on the long run, in a bad way.

But two things. Firstly, when no one has Ascended gear, you have to get it from somewhere. And if no one has it, then they can’t yet discriminate on it. Secondly, if the Agony mechanic gets enough flak, we might see it tweaked or removed entirely. Or we might get dungeons that do not have Agony in place but still provide Ascended gear. Or dungeons that provide even better gear, without an Agony mechanic.

The game is only lost if the Agony system proves to be popular and flawless. If it’s too powerful and needs tweaking, you can be sure as hell it’s going to be tweaked. If it’s a hated mechanic, they might remove it entirely.

However, they can still salvage it by making it possible to craft Ascended gear or buy it with Karma. I don’t like doing dungeons simply because I don’t like doing the same thing over and over and over and over again. Similarly, after counting how much the Exotic armors would cost to manufacture, I opted for the Karma ones. How did I get that? Well, I got a Karma Booster from somewhere, I honestly can’t remember where. I then proceeded to get my dailies for those Jug of Liquid Karma and last month’s monthly, via various means. Some days I would spend it mostly in WvWvW, some days I would go explore the lowbie zones in Grove, Black Citadel, Rata Sum or Hoelbrak. Once I got majority of the daily from 100% on Queensdale.

(edited by Olba.5376)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nurvus.2891

Nurvus.2891

Ascended gear won’t be a necessity.
Bad players will still fail even if they have Ascended gear.
Good players will succeed even if they have Exotic gear.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azulia.1745

Azulia.1745

In a few games I have played games like (LOTRO) there is an “Anonymous” option on character panel where you can toggle it OFF where no one can inspect you, and if you wish to toggle it off for a friend to inspect your gear you can uncheck this option, takes all of 2 secs.

After the friend or guild member is done inspecting you (possibly to see if they can make you any better gear) you can very easily, check “Anonymous” again so no one can see your gear at all.

WHY IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

If a person doesn’t want to be inspected no one can, if they WANT to allow someone to inspect them, SO be it, it can be done!

Variety and options is the spice of life! Then you can please people who want it and people who don’t.
Simple. Not rocket science.

~Azabella~DragonBrand- Ministry of the Crescent Moon-
http://crescentmoondragonbrand.guildlaunch.com

in Suggestions

No, Nurvus. It’s been stated that Ascended gear will be a must. Read the blog:

"In the upcoming Fractals of the Mists dungeon, we’ll introduce a new monster condition called Agony. This extremely dangerous condition ticks percentages of player health away and can’t be cleansed by normal means. Players who wish to delve deep into the Fractals will find that Agony makes progress increasingly difficult, until they reach the point where some defense against this condition is a must. The only way to mitigate Agony damage is by building up resistance through Infusions"

Since Ascended gear is the only thing with infusion slots, it will be required at some point.

- William Shakespear

in Suggestions

Olba.5376

That is the baseline.

A lot of people are talking about WvW, but from what I’ve seen, most WvW fights are decided by numbers rather than gear.

A lot of people are talking about PUGs, but how many people actually do that? I would bet that a significant majority of people prefer to do their dungeon runs in their guilds.

Not allowing your PUG group to inspect your gear will be taken as you having bad gear. Even if it isn’t. Been there, seen it happen.

Since Ascended gear is the only thing with infusion slots, it will be required at some point.

There’s two holes in that. Firstly, it’s only applicable to the dungeon itself, not outside it. Even right now, a good player in Masterwork armor will kill a bad one wearing Exotics. Same thing is going to happen.

Secondly, you do not know what they mean by that. It could be that you only start requiring it once you get far enough to get a few pieces of Ascended gear. If that were the case, then having Exotics or Rares or whatever wouldn’t matter.

(edited by Olba.5376)

in Suggestions

Posted by: xeph.8410

xeph.8410

There’s two holes in that. Firstly, it’s only applicable to the dungeon itself, not outside it. Even right now, a good player in Masterwork armor will kill a bad one wearing Exotics. Same thing is going to happen.

This is meaningless. Good players do not wish to kill bad ones.
Killing a bad player is unsatisfying to both sides, all it becomes is a one-sided match that nobody enjoys. Good players wish to compete on equal footing with other good players, because that is when the game is the most enjoyable to both parties.

in Suggestions

That is the baseline.

A lot of people are talking about WvW, but from what I’ve seen, most WvW fights are decided by numbers rather than gear.

A lot of people are talking about PUGs, but how many people actually do that? I would bet that a significant majority of people prefer to do their dungeon runs in their guilds.

Not allowing your PUG group to inspect your gear will be taken as you having bad gear. Even if it isn’t. Been there, seen it happen.

Secondly, you do not know what they mean by that. It could be that you only start requiring it once you get far enough to get a few pieces of Ascended gear. If that were the case, then having Exotics or Rares or whatever wouldn’t matter.

Firstly, in real sPvP, I can still kill a geared person naked, so it never really matters. Anyone who thinks this change matters at all in WvW or PvP is just wrong. But, it will be required to participate in some content, namely the dungeon, and future dungeons.

Secondly, I do know exactly what they mean by that. Requiring it at all, no matter when, is the problem. We have Colin Johanson quoted saying: “The rarest items have unique looks to help your character feel that sense of accomplishment, but it’s not required to play the game.” And then we have Linsey Murdock telling us that this new gear type will be “a must” at some point, to play in a dungeon. That’s where the problem is.

Inspection will be needed, because this gear will be a must. Unless we’re to count on random drop chance, and the infusions required to have been already crafted, ready to be slotted, as soon as the item drops.

- William Shakespear

in Suggestions

This is meaningless. Good players do not wish to kill bad ones.
Killing a bad player is unsatisfying to both sides, all it becomes is a one-sided match that nobody enjoys. Good players wish to compete on equal footing with other good players, because that is when the game is the most enjoyable to both parties.

All the talk about competition is meaningless, because PvDoor isn’t competition, and PvP is regulated. End of story.

- William Shakespear

in Suggestions

Posted by: drifter.8453

drifter.8453

NO..I rather not have inspection at all. It only leads to keyboard knights coming out of the woodwork telling you what gear you should have if you group with them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dhar.6392

Dhar.6392

I don’t want an inspect option for the exact reason you list. It involves everything I hated about gear treadmill type games.

Whilst you maybe one of the legitimate players who isn’t a complete tool, for every one of you there will be ten more:
“He still has a rare necklace! Kick him! "

Next they’ll be asking for visible gear-score, and link-able achievements, and we’ll be knee deep in elitist jerks.

That has already started… had a post in Wv3 already… asking for geared folks only to be part of a havok squad.

One way or another- you will be judged by your peers. Seen it already with Commander tags… deep pockets is no substitute for stupidity… those folks have been marked. Won’t be long before you will be as well. You’ll be a question mark… for a long, long time until someone gives you a chance… and if you screw up… you’ll be a has been for life.

Welcome to Gear Wars 2 !

(edited by Dhar.6392)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dhar.6392

Dhar.6392

Here it comes …. that didn’t take long…… “Nope! sorry you can’t be part of my group your gears not good enough!”

ANet if you can’t see the genie you’re letting out of the bottle with this, …I’m … I’m speechless.

they know quire well… Wow took this to the uptieth degree and made millions… why shouldn’t Gw2 make that kind of profit?!

Instead of telling them you don’t like it… convince them via your wallet. Don’t buy gems and/or write the Devs directly or something. Post their email all over…

AS it is… you are piss in the wind… congrats… you accomplished… nothing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

I don’t want an inspect option for the exact reason you list. It involves everything I hated about gear treadmill type games.

Whilst you maybe one of the legitimate players who isn’t a complete tool, for every one of you there will be ten more:
“He still has a rare necklace! Kick him! "

Next they’ll be asking for visible gear-score, and link-able achievements, and we’ll be knee deep in elitist jerks.

That has already started… had a post in Wv3 already… asking for geared folks only to be part of a havok squad.

One way or another- you will be judged by your peers. Seen it already with Commander tags… deep pockets is no substitute for stupidity… those folks have been marked. Won’t be long before you will be as well. You’ll be a question mark… for a long, long time until someone gives you a chance… and if you screw up… you’ll be a has been for life.

Welcome to Gear Wars 2 !

I laughed, good job sir.

Moving on, you cannot blame an entire player base for a few selected players, this is what you are doing and not everyone will be like this.

in Suggestions

The gear treadmill is started. Infusion will be required for dungeon content to be played, and therefore we need Inspection to form parties. It sucks, but it’s already going to happen, so you may as well get used to it, or quit, and come back after A-nets done the redux and apology cycle.

- William Shakespear

in Suggestions

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

Go ahead and let us inspect traits and skill set too, so that this may become Build Wars.

Or, you know, not.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dominae.3146

Dominae.3146

Because it’s so difficult to press H and shift-click each piece of gear, then press Enter twice to submit to chat.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!

but when they add preview to TP people can just look up better stuff then they have and link that!

Rofl

Man this is painful, isn’t it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheMagickDoll.7594

TheMagickDoll.7594

Inspection? Leads to gear checking.. no thanks! The game doesn’t need it!

in Suggestions

Nox Aeterna.2965

Anet made a dungeon that requires this kind of approach , now for the sake of that dungeon working well i hope they complete the work and add this.

Otherwise things will go based on players will.

And kicking will be done not fairly really.

Cause if someone think you got undergear , you first mistake will be your last on the party.