Can we now get an inspect option?

in Suggestions

Posted by: krookie.6378

krookie.6378

Absolutely agree with the OP. The game is designed around gear and dungeon grinding and it’s only fair for everyone if we could inspect other players to determine their noob status.

You guys wanted gear progression? This is the only way it’s going to work.

in Suggestions

Posted by: BabelFish.7234

BabelFish.7234

I support this to a degree. I mean if you want to run with me in Arah you better have full exotics or you’ll be a burden…on that note if the dungeon doesn’t require full exotics I simply won’t care.

This would be a useful tool but any tool can be turned into a weapon.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Within the guild only.

in Suggestions

Posted by: pdahs.4068

pdahs.4068

ITT: Baddies crying that people will actually be able to see how BAD they are.

ITT: Baddies being bad.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nurvus.2891

Nurvus.2891

No.
The whole mentality that comes with inspection/gearscore/armory is a disease in any game.
It eats the community from within.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bvhjdbvkjf.1987

Bvhjdbvkjf.1987

3 pages is a lot of complaining to read about so sorry if my 2 cents has already been thrown in…

can we get the ability to inspect armor for the skin names? I really could care less what stats people have – I did MK as a level 80 with 4 people who were leveled 32-46… it was fun.

But I would love to see some of these skins people wear and what they’re called, since your PvP locker is STUPID and the Trading Post has no way to preview.

in Suggestions

Posted by: drifter.8453

drifter.8453

It’s been brought up before, and I think its right to bring it up again.

With the coming of the new Ascended gear, that has a real effect on how a player performs in end gae content, Guild Wars 2 needs the ability to inspect other players gear added sorely.

Players will want to know if a player they are adding to thier team is equipped well enough for the run planned through FotM. It will avoid situations where players mislead and waste people’s time. A inspect option will make group forming much smoother and better all around!

With Ascended gear being a requirement for deep runs into the FotM for ELITE rewards, an inspect function is a necessity to ensure you are playing with Correctly equipped teamates.

Do me a favor and look at the forums you are in once more. There is a huge symbol in the top left corner of each forum page. See it..look again..See it. What does it show. Alrighty. This is not WoW. WoW has inspection, and the only thing inspection does is fuel Elilist Jerks. GW2 IS NOT WoW. We already got the gear grind thanks to elilist jerks being the only SMALL minorty aNet, for some reason decided to listen to.

in Suggestions

Posted by: pdahs.4068

pdahs.4068

because these “elitest jerks” you mention are, unlike you casuals, longterm paying customers. I’m sorry but horizontal progression is boring and has no long term business model. If GW2 doesn’t want to be dead in a year, they’ll continue to implement vertical progression. And in which case, the game will have a need for an inspect option. I’m sorry but as of now I don’t want anyone in rares running with me in fractals, or Arah.
ITT: Baddies crying that people will actually be able to see how BAD they are.
ITT: Baddies being bad.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

hmm can see the pro side and the con side of this argument, perhaps the best bet would be a compromise, have an icon or something showing up as to whether or not you have agony proof gear because if you don’t there’s certain things you have no business doing because you will let down the rest of the players doing it. also because of that there would be trolls that intentionally go in to mess up the group.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gruntsvig.3784

Gruntsvig.3784

It is a nice option not just for weeding out folks who can’t make it thru a tight spot anywhere, be it dungeon, pvp, wvw and or etc…it is nice being able to see what folks have
while standing around doing nothing.

What goes around comes around.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hycinthus.6483

Hycinthus.6483

No to the suggestion. This is such an inhumane and embarrassing way of excluding players.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nurvus.2891

Nurvus.2891

3 pages is a lot of complaining to read about so sorry if my 2 cents has already been thrown in…

can we get the ability to inspect armor for the skin names? I really could care less what stats people have – I did MK as a level 80 with 4 people who were leveled 32-46… it was fun.

But I would love to see some of these skins people wear and what they’re called, since your PvP locker is STUPID and the Trading Post has no way to preview.

Yeah, that’d be fine.
Inspecting skin names with white color (no hint at the gear rarity) and no visible upgrades, no visible prefixes or stats would be acceptable.

So instead of an exotic Berserker’s Zomg Greatsword of Bloodlust, you’d see white Zomg Greatsword.

in Suggestions

Posted by: psyloken.6972

psyloken.6972

I have to say No on this as well. I have been asking people on gear and I am sure that they like to not be stalked by someone as they ‘inspect’ them. Some have responded and some have not. Its a good way of keeping the mystery along with privacy… If you want to know where I got it you can ask me. I am not sure if everyone else is doing that too…

“If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near.” ~Sun Tzu

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

I have to say No on this as well. I have been asking people on gear and I am sure that they like to not be stalked by someone as they ‘inspect’ them. Some have responded and some have not. Its a good way of keeping the mystery along with privacy… If you want to know where I got it you can ask me. I am not sure if everyone else is doing that too…

The problem with this is , people lie.

Anyone can say they using X set with Y stats.

And they could be using another thing entirely. That is why people need the inspection option.

In a perfect world where everyone is honest im sure they dont need this.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Suggestions

drifter.8453

Simple answer is No, we do not need inspections.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amonde Daneren.2380

Amonde Daneren.2380

They added ascended gear… so now they have to add inspection. Without infused gears, players will die and be a burden to the team. This is what content gating is… you can’t access the content, without the key: Ascended items.

As soon as you reach level 10, there’s agony, so players need a way to be sure that other players (which are always worse players than them, obviously) have the necessary ascended crutch to carry them (all randoms are unskilled).

So either they add Inspect feature, or they remove Ascended gear.

in Suggestions

drifter.8453

“So either they add Inspect feature, or they remove Ascended gear.”

My vote goes to remove Ascended Gear, and the Fractal of The Mist Dungeon all togeather. So No on inspections.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amonde Daneren.2380

Amonde Daneren.2380

But Ascended gear is int he game RIGHT NOW. SO we need Inspection.

If they ever remove it, then we won’t need, it but we need it now, tonight, so we can filter people out of our groups.