Change the evade mechanics.

in Suggestions

Posted by: iCeDrAgOn.4825

iCeDrAgOn.4825

I would like to see a change to the evasion mechanic currently used in the game. what I am suggesting is not major but I think it would be a benefit to the more lightly armored classes in the game.

The way things are now everyone can evade two attacks by using endurance. But not everyone can absorb the same amount of damage once those two evades have been used up. What I would like to see done would be to give the lighter armored classes a chance to evade more often. I mean realistically speaking lighter armor would mean that you’re more agile and you should therefor be harder to hit or at least be able to move around a lot easier .

I’ve mentioned this idea a few times in game. and for those who have read the idea have agreed with the concept. My suggestion is as follows

Light Armor — Evade 4 times
Medium Armor – Evade 3 times
Heavy armor — Evade 2 times like things are now.

What do you think about the idea?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

decreasing and increasing endurance regeneration makes ore sense. 4 dodges is waaaayy too cheap. Almost silly. * 2 is just enough, 3 is on the line* imo.

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

in Suggestions

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

well you can quite easily build a tanky elementalist that can absorb more damage, than a glass cannon warrior, so no doesn’t really make much sense

in Suggestions

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Some profs have traits that allow for quicker endurance regen (or to build more of it). There are some weapon/armor upgrades that also help.

I think it’s realistic to think that someone wearing “lighter” armor should be able to dodge more frequently, but I’m not sure it’s “balanced.”

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

It would need some tweaking, but If it was done and balanced correctly they should then also allow any profession to use any type of armour.

It would be a great addition to the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

would break elementalists (more damage mitigation) and mesmers (damage mitigation and deceptive evasion)

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

in Suggestions

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

eles have perma vigor, thiefs have 3 dodges, it’s fine as it is. (also energy sigils)

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

part of the dodge/evade mechanic is learning when to do it. having learned the game, i seldom need to evade twice in a row, unless i’m just being lazy … i’ve said a few times before, this game is DIFFERENT in many ways. big hits are telegraphed. additionally, the trait tree that enhances condition damage (which is super useful for necro and ele, at the VERY least) is also the one that enhances toughness …

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

This is stupid.

A Warrior/Guardian is trained and conditioned to wear Heavy armour and should not take a stupid, stuuuupid penalty like that. Also, why? Why did you feel this was needed? It would screw up the game balance something bad. Heavy Armour is not some sort of penetrable defense after all. A dodge penalty would make no sense.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nurvus.2891

Nurvus.2891

Actually, icedragon, I’m against making the game more about kiting than it already is.

There needs to be more stuff you can do with Endurance.
If light armor characters are getting caught too often, then they might need a look on their escape/control skills, perhaps a few more ways to gain Vigor or raw Endurance, but you can’t speak in general.

I’ve suggested Parry, Tumble, Sprint and more changes to Endurance in the thread Endurance v2.0 in my signature.
Check it out.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

If you haven’t noticed, the Lighter armour class you have, the more escape/evade abilities you have.

So. Yeah.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?