Combat UI improvements

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deans.9415

Deans.9415

Yeah, because of the slower backpedaling speed playing like this would put you at a disadvantage while kiting. I’m totally okay with that, though.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chrispytoast.3698

Chrispytoast.3698

Save the orphans of Divinity’s Reach
Send Gold to: Chrispytoast

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mend Condition.5820

Mend Condition.5820

I have nothing valuable to add to this discussion, I’m just going to +1 it and say I’d like to see it implemented.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thypari.9043

Thypari.9043

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: decoy.9037

decoy.9037

here is more +support

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jay.9407

Jay.9407

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Jay.9407

Love it, great implementation it seems. Missed this sort of action since when playing Tera , The action feel of gameplay is what Guild Wars 2 is missing the most out of anything.

The mouse toggle to look is a MUST for Anet to implement the community is calling out for it.

This is so true!

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: FourTwo.7613

FourTwo.7613

+1 on this. I posted before asking for mouselook, and this looks and feels exactly what we need. Because of having to hold down the right mouse button all the time to mouselook is so 2004.

I jest. But seriously, holding down the right mouse button to mouselook all the time does not help with wrist pains.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Jay.9407

This would make GW2 a lot more fun for me. I really don’t like constantly having to
hold rmb, and this would make targeting stuff a lot better!

so so true!

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Jay.9407

That really does look amazing, I for one would love being able to turn my character with just the mouse and QWES, I keybind A and D. Please look at adding ANet.

Yep with the right mouse button click toggled a player can play with more ease. It is even easier for people not familiar with mmos.

Ex1 My friend played GW2 and was having a hard time clicking and moving with the WASD keys and he confessed it would be a lot easier if he could just move his mouse and use keys.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Skekzyz.1458

Skekzyz.1458

It is true there are no stupid questions, but the best question is

Why?

to get to why you need to look at the situation and symptoms first, with the final goal being the why.

So we start with “what”, what is causing this dissatisfaction, what is different?

GW1 combat control only differs from GW2 combat control in two (2) ways…

• There is NO ‘click to move’ (to location on ground, or general direction in 3D) in GW2 – Anet is firm on this, I’m sure.
  • You select a target with RMB in GW2, GW1 does not force (or allow?) you to do this.
    ^this is the primary why to the question “what is different?” not the idea that ‘click to move’ needs to be implemented or not.

Simple fix right?

Just remove selecting with RMB, right? WRONG!

Make it bindable AND toggleable or not, same with the “built-in” functionalities of <Alt>, <Ctrl>, and <Shift> and differentiate between LAlt and RAlt, LCtrl – RCtrl ect. (look at Descent: Freespace binds some time, GL finding that one, or running it on a new machine, lol)

Mad King says, “ULTRA-CUSTOM-IZE-ABILITY

____________________________________Skekzyz
The Dark Crystal [TDC] – Henge of Denravi

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: neoTypic.9284

neoTypic.9284

Adding my +1 to this request.

I’m currently not playing much as the game gives me massive wrist pain. I love the game – not so much the pain.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bryan CVIII.7295

Bryan CVIII.7295

This would be a really cool option to have. It could take some of the awkwardness out of placing AoE attacks.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Jay.9407

WOow neoTypic.9284 you took the words right out of my mouth all that right clicking and moving the screen to get the best view is really hurting my wrist too!.

neoTypic.9284 what neoTypic.9284 said (I’m currently not playing much as the game gives me massive wrist pain. I love the game – not so much the pain.)

We need http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAnkOOixuDo&feature=player_embedded

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: bink.7210

bink.7210

please get this done. it is the one mod i really miss from wow!

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deans.9415

Deans.9415

Here’s an update to the original video giving a lot more information.

This looks amazing!

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

bink.7210

Here’s an update to the original video giving a lot more information.

This looks amazing!

marvellous (apart from the bird, hope it’s OK).

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: FourTwo.7613

FourTwo.7613

Can an Anet mod comment if they can or are working on something like this if they don’t approve of the combat mod?

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hissatsu.3174

Hissatsu.3174

PLEASE ANET IMPLEMENT THIS.

I 100% agree you cannot allow such mods because this would open a huge hole for all botting and game automation software to come through, but please, implement this on your own, its simple yet it will add so much to this game.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Candiru.5279

Candiru.5279

I like………..

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: datamike.8170

datamike.8170

Please for the love of god and all that is holy IMPLEMENT THIS! this seriously makes this game so so so much enjoyable. And it helps handicapped people play it better too.

other than that I have nothing of value to say. just adding to the post count so maybe they notice how many people want this.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ravina Gray.4719

Ravina Gray.4719

Tera was awful. clunky and unresponsive any thoughts on implementing anything like this has to be made optional.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Hissatsu.3174

Tera was awful because of the animation lock, not an ability to have locked camera.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Buppi.4972

Buppi.4972

Would love to see this ingame. Would be very helpfull.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Hissatsu.3174

And btw, of course it must be optional. Noone is going to force this on you. But this must be in, so that those who want it can play with it without fearing a ban.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sieghart.5870

Sieghart.5870

Dam when i saw that video i was like dam this should have been ingame i really hate the way the camera stuff works ATM that game modder is a genius too bad ANet doesnt allow it lets wait and hope they implement this or allow it or something

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

bink.7210

Tera was awful. clunky and unresponsive any thoughts on implementing anything like this has to be made optional.

of course this type of thing would be optional. it’s called a mod for a reason :p

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nevzilla.5961

Nevzilla.5961

want Want WANT!!!!

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sun.8415

Sun.8415

do it ! this is a must …

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: BlackTiger.6891

BlackTiger.6891

Hello arenanet, there is alot of people wanting this implemented in game (and using this already) so why dont you contact creator of this mod and add this mod to the game?

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fruppi.7516

Fruppi.7516

Yes, my hand is already starting to hurt trying to circle strave, holding right mouse button and pressing abilites. But i’m too afraid to use this mod because i could still get banned and i value the game too much for this. So in effect this is working against the people that love the game too much to risk a ban. (not saying that the ones that do use this don’t love the game.., but i’d just be destrought if i got banned) Please Arenanet hear us.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: stCH.3291

stCH.3291

I would love this to be implemented in game!
for me, this feature make us more immerse into the combat. Even more in competitive play like sPvP.
At least give us the option A-net!

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

This needs mroe attention

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

bink.7210

Yes, my hand is already starting to hurt trying to circle strave, holding right mouse button and pressing abilites. But i’m too afraid to use this mod because i could still get banned and i value the game too much for this. So in effect this is working against the people that love the game too much to risk a ban. (not saying that the ones that do use this don’t love the game.., but i’d just be destrought if i got banned) Please Arenanet hear us.

I’m in the same boat. I can’t play that much cause I’m worried about some sort of injury.

I really want the mod but I’m not willing to risk trouble!

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: imatsor.6527

imatsor.6527

NEED!

This would be a great feature that I know many people would love and It would especially make a very good addition for disabled players!

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: FGH.1468

FGH.1468

Yes please, this would make combat SO much more fun.
The way ground targeted spells work here looks so much easier than having to aim that green circle or check where to cursor is before pressing spell.
Also not having to press down right mouse button would save my poor guitar playing right hand a lot of strain.
Add to that i find the manual targeting when you have to click mobs a pain and this looks so much easier.

Dear Arena net can we have a confirmation that this is OK to install!

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: belcross.3198

belcross.3198

I love this. Tera combat was awesome but it didn’t have the depth GW2 has. Now I can have both!!!

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: MrNobody.4357

MrNobody.4357

Definitely much wanted, and soon.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raigen.4958

Raigen.4958

Would love to see this implemented, so yea, go ArenaNET!

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: sirius.8614

sirius.8614

There is literally no reason to not patch this in.Please give us true action combat in Guild Wars 2.This is one thing that would make the gameplay so much richer.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: StarlightGamer.9560

StarlightGamer.9560

A few days ago, I posted in another suggestion thread saying that I wanted them to implement the ability to lock the camera and give us a crosshair above our characters. At the time, I had no idea that this thread existed. This is exactly what I meant.

I want this so much! I’m not gonna use a third party program to achieve this, but the fact that such a feature can be emulated on autohotkey gives me hope that it wouldn’t be too difficult to add it as an actual feature.

Please?

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Skychok.7854

Skychok.7854

In my opinion, this should already be in the game.

Please, make it happen!

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Unfriendly.8927

Unfriendly.8927

Go Go Go Anet.. gief proper action gameplay pliz!

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: ZannX.4058

ZannX.4058

Adding my support for this. This is what I was expecting when GW2 was advertised as a revolutionary action MMO.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Connartist.8359

Connartist.8359

Please implement this or let us use the – very simple – mod!

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Feonix.4790

Feonix.4790

Please implement this or at least allow us to use it! It would make combat so much more fun!

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Spaceman Jim.5710

Spaceman Jim.5710

I simply cannot wait to be using this without fear of the banhammer.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kuretsu.3465

Kuretsu.3465

Adding my support. We want this.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: nihilatus.1708

nihilatus.1708

most be done by Anet, or at least be allowed.

Combat UI improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arbosis.1039

Arbosis.1039

+1

ArenaNet pls

K.
Game Designer, Chile. | http://arbosis.weebly.com/