Do NOT force PvP down our throats.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MorgothWolf.8347

MorgothWolf.8347

It’s about Montly Activity achievement. Why does it contain WvW part? There is PvP section in achievements – Monthly Achievement does not belong there, so why forcing players who does not do pvp to do it? Keep PvP activities in PvP achievements, and do not force all players to do it. I feel frustrated, cause i have completed all other Monthly Activities, yet I can’t get an achievement, cause of WvW part.
Remove WvW part from Monthly Activities, and make another achievement including it IN PVP section.

in Suggestions

Posted by: lady krottos.7940

lady krottos.7940

There is plenty of stuff to do besides PvP so just delete this post because you are obviously not paying attention.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lord Jaguar.9504

Lord Jaguar.9504

Things aren’t forced up your throat. That’s a different orifice.

Things are forced down your throat.

Also, if I see another fricken thread where someone is complaining about achievements that require them to do an activity they don’t like, my head is liable to pop. It’s an achievement. You are in no way shape or form compelled to complete it. Doing so is an act of purely free choice motivated vaguely by, perhaps, the need to collect and accomplish as much as you can.

Knowing this how are you in any way surprised that such achievements encompass all parts of the game rather than just the ones you define as enjoyable? More importantly, why the heck are you disappointed?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jumpers.5069

Jumpers.5069

I hate salvaging. I do it anyway.

in Suggestions

Jumpers.5069

All at once, I might add, just to be done with it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

If you don’t do PvP (which is about half of the game), then you are bound to miss out on a lot of Achievement Points anyway. Just go on with enjoying the PvE content and don’t get caught up on one achievement because some of us like how the monthly encompasses a larger scope of the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: yandere.9176

yandere.9176

It is only the monthly achievement nothing of worth is attached to it.

Desolation – Mistress of significance level

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shandim.8694

Shandim.8694

It’s about encouraging players to experience areas of the game that they might not normally explore. The same argument could be made about the dynamic events from the perspective of players that only like to do WvW, right? I mean, you don’t need to do the achievement if you are so opposed to WvW that you are willing to post on the forums about how you are uncomfortable with it because of it’s requirements.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MorgothWolf.8347

MorgothWolf.8347

You all just don’t understand – it’s not about if You like pvp, or if i am missing something. If it’s PVP – put it to PVP achievements category. If it’s not there – don’t put PVP parts in it.
Simple as that.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aramyre.7083

Aramyre.7083

Achievement points are full doing EVERYTHING in the whole game. I understand it can be annoying in a montly (aside savaging, the other achievements can be done in WvW and PvE)

But what about people who sPvP? They don’t get any monthly achievements and are forced to WvW or PvE. And what about people who hate salvaging?(Me , example). The only reason why I am not completing my monthly because I just cba.

My point is,there is always something somebody dislikes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shandim.8694

Shandim.8694

You all just don’t understand – it’s not about if You like pvp, or if i am missing something. If it’s PVP – put it to PVP achievements category. If it’s not there – don’t put PVP parts in it.
Simple as that.

The monthly and daily achievement categories are compiled achievements from other categories. If you’re trying to avoid PvP achievements then don’t do achievements in the pvp/monthly categories.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Warmage Timeraider.5861

Warmage Timeraider.5861

Monthly ACTIVITY achievement.. Pvp is an activity, be happy that you dont have to do spvp also.. Then i can be happy your not doing that also

Timeraider- 80 Norn Elementalist – 80 Norn Engineer
epic-timeraider.weebly.com

in Suggestions

Jumpers.5069

You all just don’t understand – i don’t care if You like salvaging, or if i am missing something. If it’s salvaging – put it to salvaging achievements category. If it’s not there – don’t put salvaging parts in it.
Simple as that.

in Suggestions

Posted by: solanu.3784

solanu.3784

Besides, its not like its hard to get the WvW achievement. Just go to the battlegrounds, follow a zerg, use 1 aoe and leave. Done. Monthly acquired.

Necromancer 80 – Guardian 80 – Thief 80 – Warrior 80 – Mesmer 33

in Suggestions

Posted by: Warmage Timeraider.5861

Warmage Timeraider.5861

Hehe i dont like doing events, take it out of the monthly achievs and put it with the pve achievements

Lol i have a feeling this thread is ready to be deleted

Timeraider- 80 Norn Elementalist – 80 Norn Engineer
epic-timeraider.weebly.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gynxz.4079

Gynxz.4079

to the OP: You do know this is a PvP Oriented game called Guild Wars. This Wars are the main theme and are fought in the Eternal Battle grounds. You ENJOY the benefits of this wars.

Don’t you think its unfair to request the main area of the game to be excluded from its Monthly? Why not exclude the gathering and the salvaging which are a lesser representation of what GW2 is about than PvP. I rather have Dungeon runs x5 than salvaging x500.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eleri Tezhme.3048

Eleri Tezhme.3048

I’ve been kinda bummed myself about there being a PvP thing in the Monthly, not because I think it shouldn’t be there, but because the last time I tried PvP (in GW1) people were so rude and nasty to me for being a novice, and not knowing exactly what to do every last second of the battle, that I’ve been reluctant to try it again.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

PvP being forced down your throat? Could just as well say PvE is being forced down the PvP’ers throat: daily’s and monthly’s aren’t strictly PvE only. Not to mention calling this ‘forced’ is a huge exaggeration.
(And don’t worry, no elitism in WvW)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

I don’t like to PvP but I did go into the WvW with the intention of just completing the maps. I ended up getting caught up in participating and found it surprisingly fun. It did get frustrating after awhile when people began splitting off to do their own thing. I feel sorry for anyone who tries to organize WvW. It must feel like herding cats.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

You’re not forced to get that achievement, therefore you’re not forced to PvP for it.

And god quit being so deadly scared of players.
Most go down easier than mobs.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

You are not forced to do them.

Those things are like the Zaishen Quests in Guild Wars 1: They are meant to make people focus in certain things

In GW2 the task aren’t to make missions or dungeons, but things like producing materials by salvaging, so the Trading Post has more chances to restocks, or filling WvW so there’s more people there, or trying to play better instead getting defeated all the time, so everyone has a better overall experience, instead relying on others. I guess the logic in that is that the better others are around you, the better you’ll be too. Since strength is in numbers, so the less are downed, the stronger the whole group is.

And give a small reward to those who do them.
In this case, a little exp, a few moneys, and some Mystic Coins. Nothing you can’t get in many other ways.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arghore.8340

Arghore.8340

I can somewhat agree with this on one hand, as it is not uncommen for PvE players to fully stay away from any PvP, and as such it is somewhat weird that there is a PvP requirement for a ‘PvE’ achievement. It might have been better if it were to say: ‘Kill 5 people in PvP or do 5 dungeons’. Where it fills up the bar with either…

Still though, WvW isn’t to bad, and sometimes people need to be forcefully introduced to something to realize it’s actually great fun… Esp. if one has pre-cognitions about a certain aspect of something. And seeing how WvW is set-up with total anonimity one could well see it as PvE against human controlled NPCs …

But in all i agree with the OP (though i would have formulated the request somewhat different), it is weird that there is a PvP requirement … or rather, it is weird that this achievement doesn’t have an optional PvP component in there… So i would be all for changing the requirement to:

Kill 5 people in WvW or Finish 5 dungeons

We are peace, we are war. We are how we treat each other and nothing more…
25 okt 2014 – PinkDay in LA

in Suggestions

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I’ve been kinda bummed myself about there being a PvP thing in the Monthly, not because I think it shouldn’t be there, but because the last time I tried PvP (in GW1) people were so rude and nasty to me for being a novice, and not knowing exactly what to do every last second of the battle, that I’ve been reluctant to try it again.

WvW is nothing like PvP in GW1. sPvP would be closer but still not the same.
As for rude people, well that seems to be an unfortunate feature of the internet in general.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

I could relate to the certain anxiety of PvP content. I know I have similar disinterests in it, and generally don’t like to involve myself much into PvP. I joined WvW once, got my face wrecked, and I figured it wasn’t worth my time, despite spending half the day just trying to get those last few kills … then again, at the time my server was also matched up with Henge of Denravi, perhaps one of the most top-ranking WvW servers at the moment … maybe I’ll try again when the odds appear a little bit more favorable. But that’s besides the point …

If anything, there should be two Monthlies, one for PvE and one for PvP, similar to GW1 where there were PvE Zaishen quests and PvP Zaishen quests.

It could look like this:

• Monthly PvE Achievements
    • PvE Event Participation x/100
    • PvE Champions Killed x/50
    • PvE Dungeons Completed x/10
    • Experience Survivor x/100,000 XP
  • Monthly PvP Achievements
    • PvP Players Killed (WvW and sPvP Combined) x/100
    • PvP Event Participation x/100
    • Structured PvP Matches Won x/50
    • Stonemist Castle Captured or Defended x/10

If some PvP-ers feel that combining WvW and sPvP in the same Monthly is a bad idea, then two seperate PvP Monthlies could be done as well.

At the end of the day though, you’re probably aren’t missing much as far as rewards go. I have completed the Monthly last month and this is what I got: 20 Mystic Coins … that’s approximately 30~40 silver worth of goods. I could make that kind of money is less than an hour.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

(edited by Ari Kagura.9182)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Echo.2087

Echo.2087

If it makes you feel better getting those kills doesn’t take terribly long. I’m not super crazy about pvp either but it’s fairly painless to complete it. I had more fun with WvW than I was expecting. Just try it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

I normally hate PvP, but don’t mind WvW too much because due to the large scale numbers, it’s not as ‘personal’. Instead, it’s more of an anonymous feel to it, so you could just join in with a large bunch of players and fight with them, and then leave without saying anything once you’re done.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frvwfr.4307

Frvwfr.4307

Well why don’t you just, I dunno, TRY WvW for a little bit?

It’s actually pretty fun and the whole point of an achievement is it CHALLENGES you to do something you otherwise wouldn’t. I like them being there, and think it requires people who want the —BONUS-- points to do something extra

in Suggestions

Posted by: Superpal.4961

Superpal.4961

I might regret my rudeness, but

Hi, I’m Newsflash, and I’m a PvP oriented game

in Suggestions

Posted by: Musta.9803

Musta.9803

Also, if I see another fricken thread where someone is complaining about achievements that require them to do an activity they don’t like, my head is liable to pop. It’s an achievement. You are in no way shape or form compelled to complete it.

This reminds me of my real life friend who would rather play 10 hours of BS gameplay and repetitive tasks to get a OMGLOL IM 1337 Trophy on PS3 instead of actually playing the game and having fun.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JackassTheX.6351

JackassTheX.6351

I was thinking among the lines of the OP, but then I went into WvW, and seriously, with a good group, I got almost all the kills (43/50) in ONE NIGHT. I don’t know if being AoE helps, but all we did was take the southeastern part of Gandara’s map and took Stonemist keep – that battle alone got me 20+ kills. If you’re on a server that doesn’t do a lot of WvW it’s a bummer, but try at different parts of the day if you can and see.

One more thing – it’s a MONTHLY achievement. If you noticed that there is a WvW part after you did all the other three and you still have like 5 days to go, IMO you should try and expand your time in doing the achievement. If you kill 1 player every day of the month, that’s 30/50, if you kill two it’s 60, if you kill three it’s 90. If you kill 5 per day, you just need 10 days. I doubt you could even get only one kill in an assault or defense if you wanted to.
My point is, you have one month to do it, and if you whine on the 25th about not being able to get your monthly because of WvW, it’s your problem. Personally I think the Survivor part is hard as hell (mostly because logging out resets the progress AFAIK).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fiennes.9568

Fiennes.9568

Oh, this again.

I don’t really do much WvW. But you know what? I did it to get my 50 kills to get my achievement. I feel like I achieved it. you just want it removed to make your life easier.

Please. Just get off your butt and go kill 50 world invaders. Shouldn’t take you long!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sir Richter Belmont.3258

Sir Richter Belmont.3258

i dont like it either, and it differes from prof to another, my friend went in with his mesmer and got 30 kills while i was still on my 5th, i have never pvped and dont like to PvP, not only that, the prize in the end aint worth it, this is the MONTHLY box, it should contain something better than 20 coins, zomg i was sooo kitten when i wasted a full day just to get those 50 kills, and that aint the bad part, the bad part is the amounts of money i spent to repair in there, Anet depends the deaths in PvP the same as the deaths in insteance which BS

in Suggestions

Posted by: Irishbrewed.6537

Irishbrewed.6537

Uh, how is it “forcing” you? Forcing would be “you must go to wvw to complete a story quest” or something along those lines. The achievement system is 100% optional, you might be a “completionist” but that’s not the games fault, that’s your own personal desires “forcing” you if anything.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Airala.8629

Airala.8629

Ok, first of all – this is not a “PvP-oriented game.” That’s the voice of people who exclusively play PvP and apparently are clueless to the fact that there is an entire giagnormous world out there with many times the content and design consideration of the comparably extremely small amount of PvP-oriented content. ANet has said very clearly that this is neither a PvP-oriented nor a PvE-oriented game. It’s meant to be PvX and was designed to favor both styles of play as equally important and development-focus-worthy.

Now, with that said… for the OP…
I hate PvP. Thirty+ years as a gamer, and I have gone to great lengths to never have anything to do with any shape or form of PvP. I. Hate. PvP.

So you can imagine that I was less-than-thrilled to find a PvP-esque component attached to the monthlies. I thought, “well, I guess I won’t be getting those…”

I can’t really say what prompted me to poke my nose into WvW. First time was during beta – I wanted to check out a jumping puzzle I was seeing videos of. Never did see another person the entire time I was there, actually.

Second time was shortly after launch, when I went to look at the armor/weaponsmiths there. I just wanted to see what they had compared to what I’d encountered so far. Saw many people in the little lobby/town area, but all were from the same “team,” so no fighting or anything.

Third time was a few days later… I realized that map has vistas and stuff, so I wanted to look deeper. In the course of poking my nose around, I ran into a small group of people who had “Such-And-Such-Server Invaders” above their head in red. They killed me dead in about half a second.

Fourth time, after reading a little on the wiki, I poked my nose in again. This time I got hooked up with a huge zerg of friendlies who were having “fun storming the castle…” I ran around with them and threw bolts of fire at a few keep doors… and in the process, realized that I was also helping kill a few people…and I suddenly had 7 WvW kills on my monthly.

Fifth time I went in with the intention of figuring out how to kill those invaders… only my server was losing HUGE, so instead, we died a lot. A LOT. EVERYONE. Lots of dying. We’d take over a little camp and suddenly the other side would overrun us. But in the process, I learned that you can build stuff like arrow carts and ballistas… and you can man them… and when you do, you can shoot stuff out over the keep walls and KILL INVADERS.

That little foray (about two hours… and we were getting slaughtered LOL) brought my count up to 39.

We’ve a new match up now, and our server will be on top like it usually is… so I’ll be ducking in for my last 11 today or tomorrow. And I’ll probably stick around for a few hours because…much to my surprise… it’s actually really fun.

Just stay with the group, and look for opportunities to man a siege weapon of some kind. If you see something that says supply, see if you can click on it and gather some – it’ll tell you if you’re carrying any already. When you see that a siege weapon is being built, click on it to give it your supplies to aid in getting it built – and then man it.

Truly, it’s a lot more fun that I ever expected… and I’ve found many very helpful people there who were more than willing to answer my noob questions. After all, it’s to their advantage to help you be a better player in WvW.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mrpopo.4593

Mrpopo.4593

thats like saying dont give me pve stuff

in Suggestions

Posted by: tzko.2370

tzko.2370

The idea behind including pvp objectives in the monthly achievement is so you would try it on. I am quite sure you dont like pvp due to other games you played and thats fair enough. WvW is different however. Sure it all comes down to killing other players and getting killed yourself.

Give it a shot and you’ll see its not that bad.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

You do not have to do your monthly. You do not have to do your daily. You do not have to do any heart, any event, any dungeon, any anything.

If you feel that people who do everything, or anything, that you don’t do should not be rewarded for them, or that you should get the same rewards for doing none of the things that other people do... well...

How far that little candle throws its beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
- William Shakespear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sinsko.9342

Sinsko.9342

It’s about Montly Activity achievement. Why does it contain WvW part? There is PvP section in achievements – Monthly Achievement does not belong there, so why forcing players who does not do pvp to do it? Keep PvP activities in PvP achievements, and do not force all players to do it. I feel frustrated, cause i have completed all other Monthly Activities, yet I can’t get an achievement, cause of WvW part.
Remove WvW part from Monthly Activities, and make another achievement including it IN PVP section.

People are sure negative… I understand where the OP comes from though, just like I dislike ‘multiplayer achievements’ on my Xbox.

Here’s the thing about this monthly achievement though – getting 50 player kills in WvW isn’t all that terrible, especially if you run with a zerg. While I understand where you are coming from with having PvP in the monthly, it really isn’t that bad if you give it a shot. I believe ArenaNet thought this through before making it part of our Monthly, and when it encourages my non-pvp guildies to join in… they actually have a lot of fun.

Saints – Ranger / Vincent Nightmare – Thief

in Suggestions

Posted by: Star Jewel.5048

Star Jewel.5048

There are a lot of good points being made here.

I’m personally not afraid of PvP, though like some, GW1 PvP (RA, specifically) kind of soured me to the idea. But WvW isn’t true PvP, it’s more like PvPvE, much like Fort Aspenwood and Jade Quarry. Hence, there’s a lot less pressure and people don’t really have the opportunity to harass you because the map is so big.

My own stumbling block is my terrible video card that slows down any time I have more than 3 invaders on my screen. Forget zergs. So I have to be much more cunning in order to get my monthly achievement. It is tricky, but by using the siege weapons, it’s a bit easier.

As has been said, the monthly achievement is there to prompt you to experience all different aspects of the game. And since WvW isn’t true hard-core PvP, I don’t think its inclusion in the Monthly Achievements is asking too much of you. HOWEVER, it might be nice if the requirement was broadened a little, so that those who prefer a support role in WvW could check off their achievement as easily as the bloodthirsty berserkers do. If we got credit for repairing/upgrading structures or taking down NPC-controlled camps, that would allow those of us who are more comfortable with the PvE side of WvW to check things off.
(Though I’m aware that could make the track tons easier to complete… I don’t want to remove the challenge, just broaden our options.)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Trock Bronze.9625

Trock Bronze.9625

There is no reason they should only focus on PvE players. Sure the PvP can complete the achieve but no where near as easily or quickly and pure pvpers will miss out on tons of achieves that pve-ers wont. They are giving something to involve everyone here. Go try some WvW its not the same as arena and you will find it easy to get your kills if you devote a few days to it on and off. If you really do not want to, then just like a pvp only, you just wont finish the achieve like they cant finish the map for example.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nurvus.2891

Nurvus.2891

WvWvW is part of Guild Wars 2.
Those who do all the monthly activities – note, it’s Monthly, not Weekly, not Daily – are rewarded.

Players that participate in all aspects of the game benefit other players by being there for them to cooperate with (or fight against).
Encouragement to enrich all parts of the game is essential.

You should be rewarded for doing all things in the game, rather than focusing on 1 alone.

As such, they should be rewarded for doing PvP, rewarded for doing PvE, but also rewarded for doing both.

I think you should get bonus to all “other” activities when you reach certain objectives in a particular activity.
Example: You reach the objectives in PvP, you get bonus on PvE, Crafting, Gathering, and Exploration.
The same for all other activities.

(edited by Nurvus.2891)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nanfoodle.2439

Nanfoodle.2439

I have NP doing any part of the monthly. Its all stuff I enjoy but I can see someone who does not like PvP would be upset. Monthly is the best option for getting m-coins and you need them for PvE, crafting and gear to do top end dungeons. I think they should have 2 monthlies. 10 coins for PvP and 10 coins for a PvE monthly. ANet has said over and over ‘play how you like to play’! The m-coins need to reflect that.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Umm... you get 30 m-coins from dailies in a month. And don’t need to do much of anything.

If you want WvW rewards and achievements, without WvW, then I want glory without sPvP and dungeon tokens dropping from mobs.

How far that little candle throws its beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
- William Shakespear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tomahorc.9607

Tomahorc.9607

Eleri Tezhme.3048:

“I’ve been kinda bummed myself about there being a PvP thing in the Monthly, not because I think it shouldn’t be there, but because the last time I tried PvP (in GW1) people were so rude and nasty to me for being a novice, and not knowing exactly what to do every last second of the battle, that I’ve been reluctant to try it again.”

It should be mentioned, that PVE-ers, are just as rude and horrible to novices who want to do a dungeon for fun (and not just to farm shards) and don’t know what they’re doing. It’s a problem with people on the internet in general, and people acting in ways they would never dare in RL face to face, because there are no repercussions.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

The monthly is optional and is by no means necessary to play the game. Anet rewards people who do multiple aspects of the game. This is not an issue. Suggestion overruled.