Dyes - Please make them account bound.

in Suggestions

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

I agree with the dyes being account bound. Whenever I decide to make or remake a character, that’s funds wasted on cosmetics that I could’ve used to save for ‘better things’.

Sooner or later I may find myself saving up dyes rather than using ‘em. And it’s disappointing having to spend the same amount (or more) for the same dye I had already on another toon. Especially since rare dye prices are jumping. Abyss in less than a month went from 5g to 8g, sure you could say supply & demand. I also noticed the quantity available, that number was pretty synched to the prices. I’m unable to make gold at the pace of other people either.

It’s pretty cumbersome to the peeps who’re perfectionists or have a tendency to reroll characters on a whim.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Voonith.2561

Voonith.2561

I agree that dyes should be Account Bound.
I actually stopped buying them from the Trading Post when I realised they were Soulbound.

All’s fair in love and Wuv.
[ART] Gate of Madness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darkever.9732

Darkever.9732

Before, when unidentified dyes drops were commons and their value was 3-5 silvers, it was ok to have them character bound. But now, with reduced drops, and consequently a skyrocketed price of 12+ silver, buying colors has became an overkill.

Either reset the dye drop as it was before november 1st (easier solution), or make dyes account bound (and face the right complaints from people who already bought abyssal on multiple characters).

in Suggestions

Posted by: deadpool.7843

deadpool.7843

Here’s an idea: what if you could right-click on any non-standard dye color and choose “undo” which would essentially rebottle it and then allow you to go give the dye to another character on your account?

Essentially, you could freely transfer dye from one character to another, but only ONE character could have that particular dye at any moment. So if you wanted two or more characters to have the same dye, you’d either need to create it, get it in a drop or buy it.

I think that would be a happy medium between letting players move dye from one character to another, but also keep ArenaNet’s making money off dye in the Black Lion Trading Post.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

I would like them account bound too. If I spend a bunch of gold on a dye, I would like it to be usable on my other characters too.

That or increase the drop rate on the unid dyes. 10-12 siver per unid dye is crazy when there’s like 400 dyes in the game.

It all changed once someone called, “Crystin Cox” joined ArenaNet as the Monetization Producer with prior work experience at Nexon and NCSoft. She and ArenaNet went back on their word from a 2010 blog post about dyes because dyes “gave the player a sense of progression.”

Yeah, spending 5 gold on a Midnight Fire dye 8 times sure is nice progression.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MilitiaMasterV.7216

MilitiaMasterV.7216

Here’s an idea: what if you could right-click on any non-standard dye color and choose “undo” which would essentially rebottle it and then allow you to go give the dye to another character on your account?

Essentially, you could freely transfer dye from one character to another, but only ONE character could have that particular dye at any moment. So if you wanted two or more characters to have the same dye, you’d either need to create it, get it in a drop or buy it.

I think that would be a happy medium between letting players move dye from one character to another, but also keep ArenaNet’s making money off dye in the Black Lion Trading Post.

Think right click already sets them in the favorites list (Which should just be made cross account instead so we can use our favorites on another character.). I like the idea, but it doesn’t solve the issue of all these dyes pillaging my storage space…it sounds like it might make it worse as after they are pulled out they may not stack due to poor programming with the other dyes of the same kind and end up creating 800+ dyes worth of wasted storage. That would be an even worse catastrophe.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hellmood.2097

Hellmood.2097

Dye is not something you NEED to play the game. It will not help you in any way shape or form to be a better player then someone else. All and all dyes are a very nice luxury that you can do without. No one is forcing you to buy dyes and you are capable of finding them on your own . So in turn no one is ‘milking’ you for your money in that regard. Not really fair to say at all.

Always love these Stockholm-syndrome people who defend the people who harm them.

Listen, dye prices are going crazy because ANet nerfed the droprate to oblivion. I thought they were a cosmetic extra, but now they’re luxury.
Besides, it’s just one facet of “nerf ALL the droprates”.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sakaliet.1687

Sakaliet.1687

when abyss dye gets to 18 and 19 gold .. then why i should buy it for all of my 8 characters !!!

its a dye !! its not a weapon or armor .. come on Anet .. lets us dye free account bound

I’m a Champion of the Gods!! what are you ???

in Suggestions

Posted by: cobalt.1846

cobalt.1846

I wish they would make them account wide.. I want to collect all the colors but only once… currently i put all my dyes on my main only because i want a complete collection. I have 4 other toons (possibly more in the future, considering a 2nd ele with a different race and i still don’t have a charr toon) and would love to have a large variety of colors on all my toons but that just isn’t going to be a possibility.

in Suggestions

Posted by: kuscheldrow.6415

kuscheldrow.6415

I have every available color except one, which is actually a dark violet that sells for an insane price for no reason on one character. I wanted to collect them all.

But as I do only buy the ones I really need on other characters, I wouldn’t want to see them being account bound.

It’s a fact that you find unique combinations far easier, if you have less to choose from. I wouldn’t want to have this mess of colors on every character, unless Anet doesn’t allow more than 8 colors in the favorite’s tab.

If we could add around 24 colors to our favorites I wouldn’t mind though.

Trahearne <3

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

They should be Account Bound, period.

They still have a major reason to have people buy the unidentified dyes even with the the unlocked dyes being account bound…

The Gift of Color requires 250 unidentified dyes to make.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

Agreed, I say all the dyes should be account bound

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

in Suggestions

Posted by: PFoster.3648

PFoster.3648

It was fine when dyes dropped quite frequently to have them character-bound. Now, however, dye drops (for me at least) are as rare as hen’s teeth. This makes it either kitten #8217; near impossible to get colours I want, or very, very expensive.

Can a dev please explain why, since these things are character specific, I have seen a grand total of 3 dye-drops in my character’s 25 levels? I understand that you want micro-transactions to fund the game, and that dyes are one of the horrendous number of money-sinks in GW2 but making the drops so rare is just rediculous.

Please, please fix the drop-rate if they are going to be character specific.

I’ve been reduced to buying unidentified dyes in small batches from the TP and hoping against hope that this batch will contain the colours I’m looking for. Of course, that rarely happens

So, I either can’t get the colours I want, have to pay through the nose for them (either via the TP or by buying gems), or wait until the next three dyes drop sometime before I reach lvl50 and hope against hope that one of them is something I want.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bloodysam.8235

Bloodysam.8235

Maybe it’s a good idea to put a item in the gemstore that makes all the dye’s you have on the character you use it from, shared across all you characters.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drymeat.2861

Drymeat.2861

Exactly, It’s not that Developers couldn’t think that in development… There’d be some reason they had to set that as.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bloodysam.8235

Bloodysam.8235

A-net said that they would put items in the gemstore that you want to buy, not that you have to buy, I think a lot of people want to buy this.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cushnahan.7058

Cushnahan.7058

I find this suggestion quite agreeable.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I agree to making them account wide. Spending nearly 5g on ONE dye for it to be only usable on one character is a bit much.

There is no dye costing that much. And if you don’t want to do it, don’t. No one is forcing you to. Buy a similar shade and move on. People who are obsessive over little details will always pay more.

Ah the irony dripping off posts from 3 months ago.

A mere 5 g? Wouldn’t that be great as the highest the cost could go?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Suggestions

MilitiaMasterV.7216

I haven’t checked the Abyss dye for quite awhile but it was 13g last time I checked.

in Suggestions

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

am i the only one getting the dyes on multiple characters? for the past few days when i find a dye and open it on one character and it appears on my other characters. the ones i unlocked before are still only on one character though.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in Suggestions

Posted by: mkaito.6981

mkaito.6981

am i the only one getting the dyes on multiple characters? for the past few days when i find a dye and open it on one character and it appears on my other characters. the ones i unlocked before are still only on one character though.

Must be coincidence. I unlocked one yesterday, and it’s not account-wide.

Mesmer Lookalike

in Suggestions

MilitiaMasterV.7216

I opened one of my multitude of extra dyes just to test and it only worked on the character. So you glitched somehow and got lucky or something.

Edit to add : Alas, one of my characters has become un-use-able because of all these holiday items + dyes + cooking supplies that won’t go in collections. When I start losing the ability to play my characters because of the storage problems caused by these dyes, it’s probably time to re-think the dye system.

I have all 8 account storage spaces bought and 6 of them are full of dyes and more in my characters bags. If they would just put in account bound I’d use them all and sell off the extras on TP and be able to actually enjoy the game with storage ability. As it is, I’m pondering quitting and moving to another game.

(edited by MilitiaMasterV.7216)

in Suggestions

Ravion Hawk.4736

I’d like a midnight ice if you have one to spare.

Kinda like a wintersday present.

Ravion Hawk – Warrior

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bankstercide.7514

Bankstercide.7514

How about this as a compromise? Have Dye packs purchased via Gem Store to be Account wide but make in game obtainable dyes to be per character only. Give them a special designation to set them apart from other Dye Packs.

Of course, that would mean making a distinction between the two in the TP. Still, it doesn’t sound too bad. If players really don’t like the current dye system, they can choose to opt out via the Gem Store without disrupting the in game dye market. ANet gets more $, everyone is happy.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

I am actually impressed, unlike all the other threads like

• Mounts
  • MF kill
  • Thieve anything
  • Free waypoint
    ect
    this thread has actually stuck to the rules and kept it all on one thread bravo, this thread may actually get the attention fo the developers and have something actually done about it rather than thrown to the side with the other 50 million identical threads with the same people QQing on them

With that said Bank I like your idea of make gem store dye’s Account bound and world Dye’s not.

in Suggestions

MilitiaMasterV.7216

Oddly enough, I haven’t found one of those yet, even with my piles of dyes.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

this thread has actually stuck to the rules and kept it all on one thread bravo, this thread may actually get the attention fo the developers and have something actually done about it rather than thrown to the side with the other 50 million identical threads with the same people QQing on them

I’m starting to wonder why we haven’t gotten an acknowledgement or a comment from A-net staff.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

I’m starting to wonder why we haven’t gotten an acknowledgement or a comment from A-net staff.

right
I am too

in Suggestions

Ravion Hawk.4736

Can’t say I didn’t try

Ravion Hawk – Warrior

in Suggestions

MilitiaMasterV.7216

I just shilled out 7g on the exchange for 400 gems to buy an extra bag slot on one of my characters to use the holiday 15 slot bag for dye storage on him because he was totally full. I have maybe 20g left and I’m not even into 60-70 range maps yet, so I’m really not raking in much income either.

Many of my characters are filling up/down to 2 bags left. When I can’t even play my characters, it makes me want to quit the game. I now have 2 level 80 characters (with 4 more not far behind. One is 79. Rest are between 60-75 range.)

If dyes would go account bound I’d have 6 account storage spaces back and loads of bag space back and would probably stick around for quite awhile longer. (Still trying to push crafting up there, and wouldn’t mind purchasing a 7th character slot to try out the mesmer class.)

As it is, I’m barely able to play my characters and have no room to even transfer things back and forth without doing a lot of character hopping.

Please for the love of jeebus make dyes account bound!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

With over 100 dyes this shouldn’t even be a discussion. Who’s gonna buy same million dyes for their alts? No one. Who’s gonna create alts? everyone. No brainer, anet.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Graill.8596

Graill.8596

I found a name from an apparently old Anet blog by the person making the dye portion of the game. It seems dyes were a great source of pride by this particular dev and everyone loved it, i even liked the idea……….until,

Thats right, until some rocket scientist decided to put the dyes up for sale on the gemstore to make profit.

It’s only one of many poor choices like these made by devs that make this game unplayable due to sad game mechanics. Maybe in a few patches, months down the road they may see the light, but i really doubt it. Not when gold selling is apparently profitable to them like any korean MMO.

There is no worse feeling than that during an argument, you realize you are wrong.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azzrael Deathbane.4965

Azzrael Deathbane.4965

Ok i have not read through all this post, but the generally feeling is that we are split 50/50 about dyes account bound.

How about this for a solution. make a space in the bank for rare dyes (just like ANet did with ectos etc)then you can collect as many as you want. All non rare dyes should be account bound(not sure if this has already been discussed)

“Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I’ll ever know.
Live and die on this day. Live and die on this day.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I’m not going to read through all of these because I wanted to start a new topic but searched for one. However I feel this suggestion will be buried.

Anyway, I would like to see an option in the gem store to convert dyes from soulbound to accountbound.

The only reason I see Anet not wanting to make dyes accountbound is the hours it would take for employees to do this, and maybe they would lose some sales from the gem store from people buying dyes.

I’m not sure how many people buy dyes w/ gems, I know I don’t. However I’d be more than willing to drop $10-15 to get dyes accountbound.

RIP in peace Robert

in Suggestions

xCrusadentx.2784

I’m not going to read through all of these because I wanted to start a new topic but searched for one. However I feel this suggestion will be buried.

Anyway, I would like to see an option in the gem store to convert dyes from soulbound to accountbound.

The only reason I see Anet not wanting to make dyes accountbound is the hours it would take for employees to do this, and maybe they would lose some sales from the gem store from people buying dyes.

I’m not sure how many people buy dyes w/ gems, I know I don’t. However I’d be more than willing to drop $10-15 to get dyes accountbound.

Lets keep the Gem Store out of it unless it reaches a bottom line. They should really be account bound period.

According to the wiki, 403 dyes have been identified. 403. If we want to have an assortment if colors, we have to collect 403 (minus starter dyes) per character? Thats a little insane imo. So much for completing all your characters.

Royal Blood Oath:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Lets keep the Gem Store out of it unless it reaches a bottom line. They should really be account bound period.

According to the wiki, 403 dyes have been identified. 403. If we want to have an assortment if colors, we have to collect 403 (minus starter dyes) per character? Thats a little insane imo. So much for completing all your characters.

True, but I was countering the only valid point I could see as to why they aren’t accountbound.

RIP in peace Robert

in Suggestions

Posted by: exionn.8152

exionn.8152

It bums me too, with 300 dyes unlocked on my main i hesitate on making an alt just because i don’t feel like spending all the gold i spent on my main again for the same dyes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eleri Tezhme.3048

Eleri Tezhme.3048

I’m glad to see this resurface- I’m still of the mind that the best way to handle this is to have a limited number of slots for making a dye account bound, rather than soul bound. Anet could still bring in some money selling slot expansions, & people could save their rare ones.

jumps up and down waving arms frantically so Anet will notice

in Suggestions

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Well, I really don’t think it would take hours to change them from single character to cross character. I suppose to simplify things they could simply make the change for dyes going forward but dyes already used stay as they are (this does have the problem of not being great for people who’ve bought lots of dye for one toon though, so it’s not a fantastic way of doing it). But I can see a problem dealing with 5 toons who each have mostly different but partially overlapping dye pools (I myself don’t use a dye until I have enough for all of my toons), that might get slightly complicated, with the sheer number of dyes ending up with duplicates would be a nightmare.

I really don’t see how making dyes account wide would impact their profits much, people will still buy the dye packs given the sheer number of colors. Prices on the TP, sure they’ll drop a bit but it’s not like they’ll crash.

I was pretty much okay with dyes being single toon when they were reasonably priced, but with the prices they way they’ve gotten since the drop rate nerf (Abyss went up to 22g a couple weeks ago, and right now hovers around 18-20g) it’s ridiculous. At this point they either need to fix the drop rate or make dyes account wide, simple as that.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Complete support. I’m a player who likes to make new characters every once in a while and it’s very annoying that you need to get high-end dyes over again while you’ve already bought them once. Just do it Anet, you’ll make us happy

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Suggestions

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

Market needs to sell something, account bound is not an option, and if you like specific color, buy few of them spare some gold, make market rotate some more.It’s not even that much of money either!

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

really? folk are gonna qq over MAYBE having to spend a little more money to customize characters? puhleeze. perfectly happy the way it is — and i also was frustrated when they first made the change. now? my characters pass dyes back and forth via the handy bank system, i buy anything i haven’t found, and happily sell anything i don’t want.

life is good.

in Suggestions

ScribeTheMad.7614

nah man, we’re QQing over it being necessary to spend large amounts of money if we want our characters to have the same dye pools. I know some people don’t care, they just give whatever to whomever, or just buy the one or two dyes they want for one toon.

but some of us like to have a wide selection to pull from, and it really bothers us when we go to use a color and realize it’s not unlocked on that character. To solve that means getting each dye you buy for each toon.

And in my case that means buying 8 of each color (7 if I’m buying more of one I found). That ends up being a lot of money really quickly. It turns a 12 silver dye into a 96 silver dye, and a 60 silver dye into a 4g80s dye….

With so many colors (and the nerfed drop rate jacking prices up) dye is already working as a heavy gold sink (it’s a costmetic item after all). We simply feel being able to unlock it for the whole account would save a lot of hassle and a fair chunk of change for us altoholics.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

What do y’all think about the upcoming update where you can buy a 10 pack of unidentified dye with tokens?
Scroll down to: Sytems and Rewards Supporting the Living World
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/colin-johanson-on-guild-wars-2-in-the-months-ahead/

in Suggestions

xCrusadentx.2784

What do y’all think about the upcoming update where you can buy a 10 pack of unidentified dye with tokens?
Scroll down to: Sytems and Rewards Supporting the Living World
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/colin-johanson-on-guild-wars-2-in-the-months-ahead/

Thats a strange move. Wouldn’t that make dye packs obsolete in the gem store?

Royal Blood Oath:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

Considering the prices of Celestial and Abyss dyes (as examples), two basic colors that everyone would like in their palette, skyrocketed to 10g and 20g respectively, yeah, I think dyes need to be account bound. If nothing else, at least the rare dyes should be account bound.

I’m an altoholic, so in order to have both a true black and a true white would cost me 240g for all 8 characters. I’ve been playing this game since mid-September and I only have a little over half of that amount total and that’s without having spent hardly anything.

If they don’t make dyes account bound then I’d really like to see them revamp some of their dye acquisition. My suggestions:

• Dye packs from the gem store should guarantee at least one rare dye.
  • Crafted unidentified dyes should never result in a lesser quality item. Example: If I make a (Rare) Unidentified Grey Dye then the result when I open it should be a random rare dye from the grey spectrum. I find the fact that it takes ~1.5g to craft and has a chance to be uncommon or common when you open it ridiculous.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azzrael Deathbane.4965

Azzrael Deathbane.4965

I must admit, i would like to see this happen as well. i Have Abyss on two of my other toons and i am in the process of levelling another Warrior (no race change) and i would really like to have the abyss on this toon. The prices on the TP for these dyes is ridiculous

“Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I’ll ever know.
Live and die on this day. Live and die on this day.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iris.5918

Iris.5918

Considering the prices of Celestial and Abyss dyes (as examples), two basic colors that everyone would like in their palette, skyrocketed to 10g and 20g respectively, yeah, I think dyes need to be account bound. If nothing else, at least the rare dyes should be account bound.

I’m an altoholic, so in order to have both a true black and a true white would cost me 240g for all 8 characters. I’ve been playing this game since mid-September and I only have a little over half of that amount total and that’s without having spent hardly anything.

If they don’t make dyes account bound then I’d really like to see them revamp some of their dye acquisition. My suggestions:

• Dye packs from the gem store should guarantee at least one rare dye.
  • Crafted unidentified dyes should never result in a lesser quality item. Example: If I make a (Rare) Unidentified Grey Dye then the result when I open it should be a random rare dye from the grey spectrum. I find the fact that it takes ~1.5g to craft and has a chance to be uncommon or common when you open it ridiculous.

That exactly

in Suggestions

ScribeTheMad.7614

Something else that just occurred to me. As it stands there’s no way I’d buy Abyss, because I wouldn’t be able to stand having it on only one, so it’d be like ~160g investment and that’s not something I’d ever do. If however I only had to buy it once at ~20g, that’s something I’d probably save up for.

Implementing account wide dye might not have as much of an impact on dye sales as people think. More people are likely to buy it knowing they only have to buy it once. And some are more willing to pay for a dye pack knowing all their characters will be able to use what they get. I know I’d buy more dye if it was account wide.

in Suggestions

xCrusadentx.2784

Well, if buying 10 unidentified dyes from the daily tokens things sticks, dye prices will drop by a lot. Everyones chances for rare dyes increase (not litterally, more dyes means better chance than having 1, ya know?) and prices drop hopefully. So if account bound dyes are never implemented, at least that would help.

Royal Blood Oath:

in Suggestions

ScribeTheMad.7614

You could be right. I think in the picture they included it showed the dyes costing 5 tokens (there is of course no guarantee that that’s the final prices), but there’s no telling what those 5 (or however many it ends up costing) will cost.

It could really help though if its not too bad. Pretty excited about that stuff so far.