Dying underwear

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tiang Dew.9206

Tiang Dew.9206

Ever since the beginning beta I’ve always wanted to be able to dye the underwear. Since when the armor breaks everyone sees the underwear the yellow color looks so unpleasant to me. In talking with some people they suggested it may have not been implemented because of some dyes matching the color of the skin so it would look like they are nude, which is bad for a family atmosphere game. So how about being able to dye the underwear but also have it limited to a set number of colors? Also having maybe 2 different colors would make it cute for the girls underwear, like a separate color for the lace. Thanks.

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nurvus.2891

Nurvus.2891

It’s certainly going to be in the game eventually.

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

Posted by: DavidGX.1723

DavidGX.1723

Would be nice, I agree.

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

This has been mentioned several times by players, and I’m with them.

Now that there’s Diving Goggles all over the world, more than ever, there’s reason to get naked. And it’s bland when everyone has the very same model and color of ‘bathing suits’.

But not just underwear. Also the hair accessory if your character’s hair has one should be dynamically dyable with your unlocked dyes.

Squares to dye them should ‘pop’ in the equipment panel when no gear is occupying the slot that corresponds that part of the body.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

I want kittens on my underbears!

This message was brought to you by a Kitten with a Keyboard

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

I was actually just trying to see if this was possible yesterday, now that I’ve been deliberately seeking out the diving goggles sparsely populated throughout the world. I think limited alternative styles of underthings with simple designs would also be a great touch. I can only imagine the impending hilarity when some big burly warrior-type has his leggings broken to reveal boxers with hearts on them. I’d no doubt roll.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Agree

We should also have different styles of underwear and swimsuits in town clothing. With diving abilities attached to them. Instead of having to limited diving to one spot with those ugly diving glasses.

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

This is Guild Wars not Sims . Besides it would be kinda hard to do with Sylvari since its not really Underwear but grown leaves from their body

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

I’m quite happy with my underwear.

It’s a minor point and ArenaNet should’nt be wasting their time on it, there are for more important thing’s they should be doing.

Underwear is not game breaking, some of the other thing’s are, and will lose them players.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

I’m not happy with my underwear. It needs a change.

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

I’m not happy with my underwear. It needs a change.

Your not so unhappy that you’ll quite the game though are you.

It’s not like people want to run around in their undies is it, is it ?

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

It has brown spots. I think it needs a change. (Got trolled?)

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cherokeewill.7504

Cherokeewill.7504

Snip…

But not just underwear. Also the hair accessory if your character’s hair has one should be dynamically dyable with your unlocked dyes…

This, definitely! Colors for accessories that looked good at start-up can easily clash later in the game, especially after we unlock new dyes and discover our avatar’s personality. My elementalist looks great in her new blue color scheme but those red hair bows drive me nuts.

As for dying undies; meh. Easily implemented but not a game breaker. Undergarment variety is certainly something for later down the road.

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iris.5918

Iris.5918

I agree with OP, being able to use our unlocked dyes on our underwear or at list have some color choices would be nice.
If I’m going to show my underwear to the world every time my armor break I would prefer to have some nice looking ones.

Besides it would be kinda hard to do with Sylvari since its not really Underwear but grown leaves from their body

Sylvari and their cultural armors are made of leaves and we can choose their color so I don’t think this would be a real issue.

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Melis.9687

Melis.9687

I had to look up the diving goggles you guys were talking about, turns out they make your own clothes disappear. I thought maybe they were like x-ray glasses that would make you see through everyone else’s armors because in that case I would want to change colours too.

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

I agree with this. I won’t be loosing sleep over it, but it would be nice to not look like a clone when diving.

With regards to the more serious problems, we are all aware of these and they all have their own respective topics. Repeating them here will not get them fixed any faster and I see no reason why people cannot post suggestions to fix less important issues. If you do not like the idea you do not have to participate. If you feel it will cause more problems then voice your concerns. Telling people they should not post ideas because there are more pressing issues is oppressive and unconstructive.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

KStudios.2850

By all means, it’s hardly game breaking. I mean, I’m certain there are other places the devs should be focusing yes, but is it still a nice idea? Sure. For just basic dye applicable function, shouldn’t be a MASSIVE OVERHAUL by any means though either.

Yumiko Togashii

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Charismatic Harm.9683

Charismatic Harm.9683

It probably won’t happen for one simple reason….

Underwear + Flesh Tone Dye = Naked

Guild: Member of Charter Vanguard [CV]
Logic will never win an argument on the forums…..only a sense of entitlement will.

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iris.5918

Iris.5918

Already answered :

In talking with some people they suggested it may have not been implemented because of some dyes matching the color of the skin so it would look like they are nude, which is bad for a family atmosphere game. So how about being able to dye the underwear but also have it limited to a set number of colors?

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

It would have to match the shade of the skin perfectly or close to it.

Even if you did have dye that matched your skin. Anet could disable any shades that are too close to your skin color. That wouldn’t be to hard for them to do if they are going by hex color codes.

(edited by Onshidesigns.1069)

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

This is Guild Wars not Sims . Besides it would be kinda hard to do with Sylvari since its not really Underwear but grown leaves from their body

You’re right. Let’s do away with all unique character customization entirely. This is an MMO, we don’t need individuality to play. And it’d be far too hard to find clothes for those dirty plant people.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

KStudios.2850

You’re right. Let’s do away with all unique character customization entirely. This is an MMO, we don’t need individuality to play. And it’d be far too hard to find clothes for those dirty plant people.

Just about my sentiments as well. The clothing selection overall is generally pretty good armor-wise. So really all that’s left is options in the civilian attire sector, of which right now beyond holiday costumes we’re pretty limited, and this I think would fit in that category there.

…Dirty plant people. =D

Yumiko Togashii

(edited by KStudios.2850)

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brewergamer.8357

Brewergamer.8357

You should be able to dye underwear and hair! +1 you have my support.

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elibrith Goldtongue.7082

Elibrith Goldtongue.7082

On behalf of the “Dirty Plant People” I agree that underwear should be dyeable, just as leaves should be dyeable. Walking around with yellow underwear is ridiculus, additionally: I present the Norn Female, whose clothes are forcibly set close to a skin color, making the argument that this is avoided to prevent people from pretending to be naked void.

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

Posted by: thrice.9184

thrice.9184

the blue underwear needs to go.

Ranger put into Retirement due to Anet Abuse.
9/3/13 rip

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

I want changeable underwear.

Why does my Norn wear modern day boxer-shorts rather than a loincloth?

Utterly stupid.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

I hate the fact you cannot dye them.

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

Also, while we’re at it, I’d like to be able to dye my breathing mask as well.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

KStudios.2850

Utterly stupid.

I would say maybe it’s because the state of modern technology in Tyria is seemingly higher in comparison than what you might see in say a game like Skyrim. Doing so though, would be purely speculative on my part, and I’m not about to start a “lore-war” of any sort.

I do however find it mildly humorous that not only have the underthings on Tyria not advanced in the 240+ years since GW1, they’ve actually seemingly taken a downturn. Before only the female rangers had anything resembling the modern trends in undergarments. Other things ranged from boxers, speedo-briefs, to even frilly and satiny fashions. Female Mesmers even had an armor set that was, more or less, lingerie. See below:

Exhibit A: http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/8/8f/Mesmer_Elite_Enchanter_armor_f.jpg

Yumiko Togashii

(edited by KStudios.2850)

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

Oglaf.1074

Utterly stupid.

I would say maybe it’s because the state of modern technology in Tyria is seemingly higher in comparison than what you might see in say a game like Skyrim. Doing so though, would be purely speculative on my part, and I’m not about to start a “lore-war” of any sort.

Hardly. You have boxer shorts for the same reason why Fable went with boxer shorts: apparently it is “fun” to see your character in boxer shorts.

Do you even lift, bro?

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

KStudios.2850

Hardly. You have boxer shorts for the same reason why Fable went with boxer shorts: apparently it is “fun” to see your character in boxer shorts.

Hence, “purely speculative,” lol! =P

Yumiko Togashii

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

Oglaf.1074

I want a loincloth, kitten it!

Do you even lift, bro?

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Boinmich.4950

Boinmich.4950

I don’t think I would be opposed to dying underwear. I had always assumed it was already dead. But I suppose the Sylvari underwear could actually be a living. Anyway, I was pretty sure mine was dead, and if it isn’t, I suppose it might be best to put it out of its misery.

All kidding aside, I think it is odd that dyeing underwear and other items hasn’t been included.

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

KStudios.2850

I don’t think I would be opposed to dying underwear. I had always assumed it was already dead. But I suppose the Sylvari underwear could actually be a living. Anyway, I was pretty sure mine was dead, and if it isn’t, I suppose it might be best to put it out of its misery.

All kidding aside, I think it is odd that dyeing underwear and other items hasn’t been included.

Lmao! I wondered how long it was going to be before someone troll-poked that misspelling. Props. XD

Yumiko Togashii

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

[…]

You can preview dyes in a stripped character to see that they have an effect on underwear. So I’m guessing that all that would be needed are a way to pick the dye in the panel (e.g. showing the dye squares when the underwear is showing, instead disabling them like when an item that can’t be dyed is equipped), and a variable to save it.

The makeover kits are nice, but they can’t expect people to pay every time they want to change the color of a piece of equipment, even it it’s part of the ‘base’ model.

So they should allow dyeing hair ornament, lower underwear (and upper underwear where available) dynamically, just like any other piece of armor.
They should also allow dyeing weapons, by the way.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Dying underwear

in Suggestions

KStudios.2850

So they should allow dyeing hair ornament, lower underwear (and upper underwear where available) dynamically, just like any other piece of armor.
They should also allow dyeing weapons, by the way.

Odd that you mention that, many weapons were able to be dyed in the first Guild Wars. Coincidentally, backpacks too, despite that they were never shown on the character lol.

Yumiko Togashii