First person view.

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Qaletaqa Hania.2598

Qaletaqa Hania.2598

I liked this option in Guild Wars 1 and wouldn’t mind seeing it back in Guild Wars 2.

Why?

Because some jumping puzzles and narrow areas are hard to navigate with the current camera options, the camera often gets “pushed” which is very annoying.

And I like beeing able to go into first person view now and then.

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: irongamer.6014

irongamer.6014

CM hallways are another place that first person would be awesome. I don’t understand why this was not added. It would allow use to see what is going on in tight areas rather than fighting the camera.

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

Most RPGs have a first-person view for the exact reason mentioned above. Odd camera angles.

I’m sure the devs at Anet didn’t want to make a first-person view for fear of it being criticized as sub-par when compared to games such as Elder Scrolls.

But listen guys, if those people want a tailored FP-RPG, they can go play Elder Scrolls. Just put in ‘classic’ first-person view like any other MMO that doesn’t do anything outside of zooming you in to ‘head’ level.

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Roland Dragonne.7384

Roland Dragonne.7384

/signed

Again. This would definitely help with the “bouncy” camera in many tight spots in jumping puzzles (when your back is to a wall, usually just under something solid). It also helps with the immersion when playing a melee weapon set. Most of the spell-effect clutter is less of a problem when you are looking directly at your target and only your target… and not the entire area around you.

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Prophet.6954

Prophet.6954

Another option would be rework of the current camera angles when near walls, edges, low ceilings etc., but I imagine even that would be a significant overhaul.

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sowl.6258

Sowl.6258

This is a lack of feature that i have yet to understand, it feels pretty ironic at times when your own body prevents you from looking forward, lol

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alviss.1256

Alviss.1256

hmmm i was wanting this the other night on a jumping puzzle. i was to lazy to look in the key mapping to see what the toggle was for it … guess this answers that question :p, it just doesn’t exist! …. would be nice, should be there.

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Maximus Delion.8719

Maximus Delion.8719

In addition to getting a better view with jumping puzzles, I’d simply like to have a first-person view so I can take screenshots without my character in them. I love taking screenshots of the landscape, but when my character is posing in every picture it makes my screenshot collection look like a set of summer vacation photos.

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

I would really appreciate this as well, for all of the reasons stated above. The pictures idea is a really good one, but mainly because the camera angles in some parts of the game are frustrating! I bet the world looks beautiful in the eyes of the characters. I would love to see it!

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: AriaSilverfyre.8702

AriaSilverfyre.8702

Pretty please with sugar and cherries on top add this in. For the same reasons mentioned above in the previous posts. Like taking screenshots, making machinima videos is also difficult when you want to record just the landscape for a scene and be able to move the camera around without having your character jump up into the shot suddenly.

Guild Leader of ’"The Gryphons Aerie [REST]": A PvE/RP family
Join Us – http://www.thegryphonsaerie.com

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: theerrantventure.9185

theerrantventure.9185

/signed

I would love this for taking screenshots of vistas and for combat in small environments.

Trolls are like stray cats.
Feed them and they multiply.
Please do not feed them.

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

I also want it for taking screenshots. More camera control, just in general, would be welcome, but a first-person view is really needed. I can’t imagine why this would be so difficult to implement, especially since it’s been widely requested since BWE1.

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

They would have to make some parts of your character invisable to you in FPV because of the way the animations are.

I would also like the option to have the camra in TPV centered above the head like in the Socom games.

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shard.4791

Shard.4791

ANet is already making this feature and you can see it in beta video(s). It’ll come I’m sure.

Mm. I like turtles.

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: RLHawk.3290

RLHawk.3290

I hope what Shard said is true! I’m very much looking forward to this beinkittenlemented!

IGN: Elvendir (Elementalist)
Sea of Sorrows

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Akiru.8065

Akiru.8065

agree, and also adding more freedom to the camera. Actually there are certain angles that you cant reach -.-

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mr Prismatic.9578

Mr Prismatic.9578

I support first person view!

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Odona.8402

Odona.8402

First person view is a must , I can’t believe how is that possible that GW2 ended up without it.

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MrsAngelD.6971

MrsAngelD.6971

My name is MrsAngelD and I approve this thread.

(edited by MrsAngelD.6971)

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JackassTheX.6351

JackassTheX.6351

I have no “close up” melee class but my friends have complained about the camera.

I also think a first person view of the engineer’s rifle/pistols would be INSANELY cool.

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Branwin.4609

Branwin.4609

I agree! It’s funny because it’s a problem I didn’t acknowledge I had until I read this post.

I already have enough issues with jumping puzzles. I’m not a bad player— I’m just bad at jumping!

I also agree a FPV would be excellent for screenshotting. GW2 offers so many beautiful places. I have yet to come across a single cave that is identical to one I have previously visited. That being said— I am leveling slowly and enjoying the lore aspects of the game, and have only done all of the low level zones and a few of the mid-level ones. I’m level 41!

Vistas are great but they can only show so much— there is more to the beauty of the landscapes than what the vistas show us.

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

This is basically a standard in an mmo,fpv should be there,always,that they even forgot or purposely left it out is just bizarre.

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Patu.9827

Patu.9827

Adding First Person View, like in Guild Wars 1 there was, would only be good thing. Also you can make cooler videos with first person view. Kind of sad its not there already.

Vaka Patu – Warrior – [TLA]

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Risa Aerulight.3914

Risa Aerulight.3914

*signed

I agree, I sent a suggestion ticket to the same effect. I would like to have first person available for scenery viewing and to avoid the camera ‘popping’ that happens mostly during jump puzzles – it gives me a pretty bad headache from the resulting flashing.
I also think being able to zoom out farther like we could in GW1 would also be helpful.
There are a lot of environmental things in this game compared to the first, a lot more things to see. Being able to zoom in and out farther with our camera would make the gameplay far more comfortable all around.

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

Like others have said, I don’t really understand why this isn’t in…
Signed for FPV

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: amontillado.1937

amontillado.1937

yes please, as soon as possible.

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MacAtk.4753

MacAtk.4753

I bought this game knowing full well there was no FPV due to all the great reviews this game has and was hoping that would adjust to the game without it. I was wrong
IMHO in order for this game to be considered one of the greatest of it kind it needs to fix this problem as it a unplayable broken game at this time.

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

Whilst i’d hardly ever use it, where I would first person view would be a huge improvement. And that is inside buildings, or places where the camera in the game has a fit.

I see no reason why not to be honest. It gains no real advantage but some prefer it (I don’t). Add first person, at least for an easy fix to an appalling camera in places.

Aurora Glade [EU]

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MichaelBaker.6541

MichaelBaker.6541

Most RPGs have a first-person view for the exact reason mentioned above. Odd camera angles.

I’m sure the devs at Anet didn’t want to make a first-person view for fear of it being criticized as sub-par when compared to games such as Elder Scrolls.

But listen guys, if those people want a tailored FP-RPG, they can go play Elder Scrolls. Just put in ‘classic’ first-person view like any other MMO that doesn’t do anything outside of zooming you in to ‘head’ level.

People aren’t wanting or suggesting FP GAMES. FP isn’t an either-or concept or game style. It is a position of the camera, just like all the other positions the camera can take in relation to your toon. We are saying, when we need to zoom in, why the bizzare decision to disable zooming in all the way? It’s more than useful, and utterly basic; inherent to the 3d environment. The answer according to them, wherein their opion is fact and superior to what the majority requests, was the decision that it enhances the bond you have with your character. Most people however, agree this breaks immersion within the game, and distances you from your character if anything, finding it more natural and desirable to identify with their toon instead of observing it and staring at their back all the time.

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MichaelBaker.6541

MichaelBaker.6541

This is a lack of feature that i have yet to understand, it feels pretty ironic at times when your own body prevents you from looking forward, lol

LOL. Well said. For even more irony, check this out: it isn’t a lacking feature, it’s already there. It’s disabled. All 3d games allowing camera zoom to and away from the axis are capable of zooming all the way to the center. They just want you to enjoy your game their way.

(edited by MichaelBaker.6541)

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

They have been asking for FPS view (st least for the sake of screen shots) since Press beta….Good luck getting Anet to give a kitten…. Its been over a year now of asking for this.

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TottWriter.8591

TottWriter.8591

Would dearly love FPV for screenshots and the odd jumping puzzle moment.

To buy character slots or not to buy character slots. That is the test of my restraint.

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: iamzani.8461

iamzani.8461

Christ srsly why isn’t this in the game!!! One thing that made “the other MMO” so great is because of its great Machinima! GW2 is freaking Machinima unfriendly…. to few emoticons and NO FPV :/ really??I couldn’t even believe it at first! It is such a shame because it makes it really hard to film amazing scenes… PLZ fix this

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jesse.6714

Jesse.6714

Agreeing with the rest of the crowd.^ we need this feature please.

First person view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zengrath.9570

Zengrath.9570

Guild Wars 2 is an amazing looking MMO. I can’t help be be frustrated however that i can’t walk around Lion’s Arch for example at a first person perspective. While i may play 3rd person in battles i love to explore towns and cities and some other places in first person view. The immerse experience is lost when your forced to fly above your character. Also do not really notice height difference of different characters unless i zoom all the way in, playing in first person would eliminate that and you could get a real good feel for scale. Imagine how much larger and more immersed you would feel if your camera is at your character level! Come on please enable first person view toggles. Ever since i played Everquest 1 i always enjoyed walking around cities and areas in first person, and do so in all MMO’s i play due to the huge immersion feeling i get when in first person vs. birds eye view. Especially with the Oculus Rift craze going on, having a first person view will only make this game one step closer to eventually supporting the Oculus Rift, even if it’s just to explore the cities/areas in a non-combat sense it would be well worth it!

Also i noticed that tht suggestion for First Person view has been split up into hundreds of forum threads on forums. It’s a pain to know that you cannot search forums directly for the topic “first person view” or at least nothing happens when i do so. But i found these other threads asking for same suggestion. Seems like such a small but very important feature for a lot of people:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Where-is-first-person-view
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/First-Person-View-Arenanet-Read-This-Please
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Why-the-game-needs-a-First-Person-mode
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/First-Person-mode
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Suggestion-Enable-first-person-mode
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/1st-Person-Gw2
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Guild-Wars-2-First-Person-View

again this is only the posts with approx 20 or more replies. there is hundreds of more threads about this. Can we expect this to ever be added? It’s so important yet so simple of a feature!! why not?

(edited by Zengrath.9570)