Give Original Guild Leaders Ultimate Authority

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azrael Malakai.2754

Azrael Malakai.2754

Currently there persists a problem with the Guild Ranking System that allows Guild Leaders to accidentally misclick and give guild leadership to a member, without any prompt or warning of the repercussions. This causes obvious problems and it is irreversible.

When that person becomes guild leader:
-You cannot demote them.
-You cannot remove the rights of the Guild Leader rank.
-You cannot kick them.
-You cannot move the rank of the Guild Leader below that of any other rank.

You can:
-Ask the person to demote themselves. (Of course what if they never log on, or simply say, “No.”)
-Report the issue. (In which case, they respond to you, telling you to make this thread with a feature as a suggestion to be implemented into the game to fix the problem.)

This is already a widespread problem and I don’t understand why the problem is persisting without acknowledgement by ArenaNet. This one mistake can obviously tear a guild apart if you accidentally promoted a malicious member (Who may have normally remained content with their regular membership.). Removing all members and essentially hijacking the guild, forcing the guild to transfer to another guild and reinvest the time and effort to rebuild the guild’s influence and reputation within the community-all because of one simple misclick is the obvious worst-case-yet-completely-possible scenario.

*Suggestion: There should be a rank that cannot be given to anyone but the original guild leader without some sort of prompt or warning that you are transferring this ultimate leadership role to someone else if you so chose to do so.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eruant.3627

Eruant.3627

Totally agree. Arenanet please help it’s insane that this would be allowed to happen!

in Suggestions

Posted by: DragonMind.2983

DragonMind.2983

The post/thread ‘Guild quality lifetime suggestions’ (I think it’s the name, word by word).
Does mention this as well as other useful guild improvements,
I will suggest to go support that post/thread. :-)

in Suggestions

Posted by: nizzin.2817

nizzin.2817

Fully agree. I don’t understand why they even allow a co-leader in the first place. Remember where we are kiddies…we’re on the interwebs where its not all rainbows and gumdrops

in Suggestions

Eruant.3627

Even guild leaders who haven’t experienced this problem should show some support. The number of people affected will only increase and it has the potential to tear communities apart.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

This hasn’t happen to me yet, however I believe as time allows would become a greater issue that would have an impact on the community.

Highly recommend the suggestion.

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

I think the best fix for an issue like this is to use the same system used for deleting characters. You would be required to type in the full character name and confirming that before leadership passes on to the next member.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nurvus.2891

Nurvus.2891

I think the best fix for an issue like this is to use the same system used for deleting characters. You would be required to type in the full character name and confirming that before leadership passes on to the next member.

Perfect idea, imo.

You might also be required to confirm that you’re promoting said player to Guild Leader by typing Guild Leader.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

Perfect idea, imo.

You might also be required to confirm that you’re promoting said player to Guild Leader by typing Guild Leader.

Or promoting by typing the player you want to promote as guild leader. Or even having a command for promoting like /gpromote.

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

in Suggestions

Nurvus.2891

Er, typing the player is what is being suggested… did you even read the OP?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Boogie.1896

Boogie.1896

I disagree, our guild was founded with three guild leaders and we don’t bring in people that would not step down if asked, also who accidentally makes someone co-lead? Also why is it Anet’s problem that some people don’t watch what they click? I hate hearing that Anet screwed up by allowing a player to make a mistake, and what happened to having penalties for making mistakes? Nah for real though thank you QQers, the world need haters.

I think a multi leadership system is awesome and our guild has no desire to see it change. We love Anet for listening to REAL players and not people who need mommy to help because the game is too hard. For real people just play and enjoy because if they start listening to you guys it will be Warhammer all over again.

Life and games are full of challenges, rise to meet them!

Boogineer/War Boogie/The Great Boogie (Engi/War/Mes)
Officer of Ascension [WAR]
Borlis Pass Resident

in Suggestions

Eruant.3627

Boogie, are you trolling? Hard for me to take you seriously. It’s common to put up a dialog box “Are you sure?” before doing something serious. It’s a part of good software design. Why do you think A-net asks for you to type your char name before deleting?… you can’t be serious with your post

in Suggestions

Nurvus.2891

Well, Boogie has a point.

I am against the “unremovable rank” suggestion.
However, Boogie, you can’t deny that an important decision such as passing Guild Leadership would benefit from a “insert new guild leader’s name to confirm” dialog similar to what you do to delete a character.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Boogie.1896

Boogie.1896

That part I agree with, typing it in is fine just but just be careful as a leader/officer what you click on until that day.

Boogineer/War Boogie/The Great Boogie (Engi/War/Mes)
Officer of Ascension [WAR]
Borlis Pass Resident

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hilran.3176

Hilran.3176

There should only be one person who can hold guild leader rank. Agree

in Suggestions

Posted by: The LZ.7891

The LZ.7891

I concur. There needs to be some security measures for
such a decision. And if not for that, I think it’s fair if the Guild
system in a game that includes the word Guild, isn’t completely
broken ^^.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Suraknar.1593

Suraknar.1593

Ts Ts Ts…

It is fine as it is… The idea of being able to promote others to Leadership is for Guilds that are not lead by one person and have a Council type structure of Equals.

If you have a Dictatorial/Monarchic type leadership i your guild then you just need to create a new Rank and Call it “Co-Leader” and then promote others who are supposed to have some Leadership authority in your guild to it. That way you can rest assured that you still hold on to your Ultimate Authority.

I do agree that, a Popup up warning with Confirmation would be the Solution here…to avoid accidents.

But this approach is not new, it exists in many MMO’s, and it is a preferred system.

~ Duke Suraknar ~
Order of the Silver Star (OSS)