Guild System Improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: graceangel.3618

graceangel.3618

just to comment on people who often request alliances/alliance chat.
it’s been stated several places and told to me by my brother who played gw1 that in gw1, the cap on members in a guild was much lower. it wasn’t as high as 500. They put in alliances in gw1 as to avoid reconfiguring guild setups. so instead of expanding your guild; you’d make an extra and put it together in an alliance effectively making it equivalent to a super big 500 person guild we have here.

but i think alliance chats would still be useful. My guild is pretty small. We have @ 40 members with about 12-20 online at any given time.. but sometimes we only have like 4 on. It’d be great to get involved with an alliance where our members could network with bigger/other guilds to fill teams for dungeons, etc.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MarcusKilgannon.5048

MarcusKilgannon.5048

Full Account Character List

Since we’re already a member of a guild with all of our characters, it makes sense that the guild roster have some way to list all characters on an account. This is especially important for tradeskill numbers. How is my guild to know that I have an alt with 400 Tailor and 400 Huntsman if it only shows the character I’m currently playing?

There are a lot of Multi-guild suggestions, but I have a suggestion that may be less work:

Multi-guild Solution 3
I’d like to see a feature that allows the player to optionally set (per character) the guild that the character will auto-represent whenever the character enters WvW or sPvP, and the guild that the character will auto-represent whenever the character enters a PvE zone other than a city. This may solve many people’s frustration with the multi-guild system.

I like the full character list idea. Very interesting and would definitely be helpful in managing guild member’s alts. Good idea!

in Suggestions

Posted by: BioHazard.2147

BioHazard.2147

Updated some More updates to come.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aeranima.2853

Aeranima.2853

I fkn hate that the guild emblem have a black background. They should make it transparent.

Xifix | Thief

in Suggestions

Posted by: Leggy.2394

Leggy.2394

I originally made this as its own post but I think it’ll getter recognition on here! It’s related to in-guild message boards.

The guild panel seriously lacks communication capabilities to members. You either are there for the GC message, or read it in the daily message. That’s it. A new tab that is either a simple forum in-game private to only your guild or a message board that uses sticky notes or is essentially a daily message with more room are very viable. I’m honestly unsure what would be easier to code, a title + description based forum or multiple text boxes floating around on a plane.
Those who argue that those in need of communication should just use an external site should take in to consideration that external sites potentially carry malware, risking accounts, which could then lead to botting. A bit extreme, as I’d argue the majority of those interested in suggestions have secure and competent systems but nevertheless. It could happen. These forum or message board tabs would also be either (a) an upgrade to the guild by way of influence, further investing time into the game and increasing ANets profits potentially. Or (b) purchased by gems. This message board is purely convenience, and therefore a necessity to only those who chose to “need” it. I’d be more than happy to dish out 5g or whatever the transfer rate is to 800 gems to purchase this privilege. That being said there are those that would purchase gems with real money, adding another form of income for ANet. There are thousands of guilds that would be interested in this feature.
The guild ranks could easily govern this. If a forum type of tab is implemented, “Post new thread” could be limited to only the leader and officers, and “reply/comment” could be open to all members, or it could be completely free to all for a smaller guild not worried about “MOAR MONEY PLZZZ” or “I CANT KILL THIS HALLPPPPP” type posts. Posts could be deleted by the leader. If it is a sticky note type of board, rights could govern who is allowed to post what, just like the forum. This could be easily integrated with the privileges system already in place. The sticky note board could have separate colored stickies, relevant to only WvW or sPvP posts, color coded. They could be made incapable of editing and cost influence to post as to prevent spam.

Also not my idea but I did see it elsewhere - Option to show all guild members on the map as dots, members can choose to make their dot invisible. (Member of my guild would use this without a doubt)

in Suggestions

MarcusKilgannon.5048

Yes, guild members have got to show up on the map, I never know were to find them. Especially with the 5 person party cap, kind of why I thought of the Guild Band idea which would help but mini-map icons for guild members is something I really want to see.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kitsumeo.8754

Kitsumeo.8754

I agree with most points.
Although bigger guilds seems odd as for guild wars 1 the guild size was 100 and this is now 500 so seems fair enough in my opinion.

Somethings I really want to see are:

• Admin lower ranks split in 3 options.
    - Invite
    - Promote/demote
    - Kick
  • Message of the day should be editable and not remove the entire message.
    Also it would be nice as mentioned above to have 2 textbox options 1 for information like voip, sites and the other for events and other announcements.
  • Guild bank
    - Able to stack items that are already inside the bank.
    - Able to link items from the guild bank.
  • Option Guild Deep Cave Withdraw and Deposit. (Like the other 2)
  • Duration of members how long they have been offline <- Must have
  • If a member leaves I would like to see the name of the character that left apart from the 4 digit name.

Anditional:
It might be nice to have an option to see the following things in the Guild Roster:
- Race.
- Pvp rank.
- World completion on the logged character.

Other than that as mentioned most above features seem nice.

Kind Regards,
Kitsumeo

Guild Leader of Whitelions [Claw]
Practise makes perfect.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

Thnx BioHazard for brinning this topic to my attention:

See my topic here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Way-more-guild-options-and-rights/first#post668153

First and fourth post.

Some options have already been said here, some are new.

(If you like I can copy it all in a post here but then it might become cluttered very soon I think. Maybe the fist post can be updated with options form my topic)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Anaksimandar.4136

Anaksimandar.4136

Hello GW2 lovers.
I would like to suggest a new way of using a guild banners. The existing one suck big time. You plant and they exist for half an hour and that’s it. Stupid.
I would like to see more WAR online version of banners because they used to have the best system: You research it, buy it from guild merchant and whenever you need it – you plant it. It gives buff to all people around banner. Something similar like warrior banner. You can pick it up and walk/run where you need to go and again plant it.
Plain and simple. Thank you.

Love this idea, WAR had a really good banner mechanics, and I would really love to see this in GW2, instead of current banner system which pretty much sucks.

in Suggestions

Devata.6589

I do like the current system, but your idea could be in as an addition. There might be times that is more useful. But then who has the right to pick the banner up?

in Suggestions

MarcusKilgannon.5048

I think the banner would be a great add. It would give Guilds more personality and they could represent themselves much better. It would be a great skeptical in WvW too if there was a large grouping of say 15-20 guild members and their banners marking the group.

in Suggestions

Posted by: someoneinatree.9104

someoneinatree.9104

Lots of good suggestions in this thread.

I’m also not fussed by the state of multi-guilding as it is, but there are several things that I think need to be added to make member admin easier.

1) Last log-in date
2) Last represented date and time spent representing – I’m not concerned about how much influence someone is bringing in, as this could be abused – but I do want to know if someone hasn’t represented the guild at all for some time
3) Better rank admin
i) Separate out invites, promote/demote, and guild kick.
ii) Add confirmation for the above.
iii) Separate out the Deep Cave from the Treasure Trove in permissions
4) Better bank admin
i) I think coin should be separate from each of the three bank tabs and have separate permissions in ranks
ii) Automated sorting would be handy
5) Guild Event Calendar
6) Separate “Guild Info” from MOTD – this should have space for website, voice chat details, as well as basic “about us”.
7) Guild Repairs – some kind of system that allows for armour repairs to come out of guild funds, with its own rank-based permissions, perhaps with an option to create a mobile blacksmith (like the mobile vault access) as well as a permanent guild repairer similar to the weapons and armour contracts.

SoS: [RED] Crimson Mind

(edited by Moderator)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Angelweave.1856

Angelweave.1856

Can we get a timeline on the fixes, please?

This game is called “Guild Wars” but guild management/functionality is really poor.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rainbow Eyelids.8461

Rainbow Eyelids.8461

1) LAST ONLINE for each guild member. (being able to see when each member was last logged in.
2) being able to send a mass email to all members (by rank or groupings)
3) more ranks (8 is the current limit? no including the leader)

in Suggestions

BioHazard.2147

I will be updating the list soon , sorry for my absence haha I work retail

in Suggestions

Devata.6589

I do understand how this could be abused but if you would use that information in combination with other information (maybe even automatically so if influence == a, represented == b(%) and online == c then rank = …) and then the information would be very useful and not very exploitable anymore.

I also like the suggestion to be able to send mails to guild-members (by ranks, groups) maybe also with a given variable.. all members that have not been online since x.

There are multiple topics about it, the one I started also still gets some new posts: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Way-more-guild-options-and-rights/first#post668759

So as an extra suggestion, it would be nice if ArenaNet would merge all these topics and make one sticky one.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeus CM.1692

Zeus CM.1692

I must agree with everything OP suggested. I was crying out for ‘last seen online’ option in guild panel 2 months ago. I was being patient, but guild panel hasn’t been improved since BWE1, which is sad.. It’s very hard to manage 500 people without enough info and options in guild panel.
Arena net should make this a priority, after-all guilds are the main social system in the game!

Croatian Guild & GW portal:
http://www.croatian-maniacs.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

Officer of The Grey (Tarnished Coast & Piken Square)

Issues that are affecting our guild right now:

Guesting – We formed during Beta and it seemed at that point that guesting would be an intrinsic part of the game. Do please get a wiggle on and implement this sooner rather than later. This is something that crops up every day in our guild.

Last on – It is demoralising to see a large number of guild members offline and only a handful on. For all we know some of the people on our roster haven’t played the game past launch. All we as officers can know is that people haven’t been online when we’ve been on so we can’t be at all certain who is no longer playing and who is just playing during “dark” hours.

Representing or not – It would be nice if people not currently representing just didn’t appear on the guild roster. Although ours is a social guild, the effect that having multiple members flagged as not representing has a negative (and potentially exponential) effect on the morale of our active members. We don’t want to get shirty about non-representation but the current visibility means that we are having to in order to fend off further disintegration.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: takaos.6409

takaos.6409

I agree about this more thing must add but they are waiting expantion I thing so they can sell something and earn money but before that we must show them what we want so they may add this

(edited by takaos.6409)

in Suggestions

BioHazard.2147

Keep the list going guys !! Some great ideas !!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Soloist.4120

Soloist.4120

I Do Not , and probably Never WIll agree with multi -guidling . It destroys the concept of loyalty . And it is that concept to which guilds are built upon .

in Suggestions

Posted by: Puyt.2584

Puyt.2584

it’s sad no guild improvements were made at all in the last update not even the simple ones like a notification that a member logged in….

in Suggestions

Posted by: stemare.2578

stemare.2578

Nice suggestions in general but…

-MotD- “Edit” erases everything, it needs to do exactly what it says, Edit the message. Also Guild setting turning on/off if the message displays when a Character logs on/off

-Last seen on- I have members in my Guild that I have no idea if they have even logged on since the launch of the game.

YES PLEASE, ADD THEM!
These features are very crucial for a leader/officier and were present in GW1, I just didn’t get why they removed them in GW2.
Also, they’re easy and cheap feature for you to implement but the gain in term of organisation for a guild would be huge.
Again guys, please, introduce them!

Stemare ~ Guardian ~ lv80 ~ Far Shiverpeaks
Ci Assediamo Da Soli [SIGH] ~ Officier

in Suggestions

Posted by: MadCow.7964

MadCow.7964

i agree with everything on the 1st post, guilds are so pathetically hard to manage atm and alliances are a must. Another thing id like to see though is more of a representation of the guild in WvW, at the moment all you get is your icon on the banners…no one can even tell who’s icon it is and there is no other reward at all for claiming locations seems like a silly gimmick.

With love from Triplicities <3 xx
Whiteside Ridge – 80 Elementalist
[WvW] We Vanquish Worlds Commander & Officer

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

I Do Not , and probably Never WIll agree with multi -guidling . It destroys the concept of loyalty . And it is that concept to which guilds are built upon .

You are so wrong. If someone isn’t loyal to a guild it is either a problem with that person or a problem with the guild. Forcing someone to only have 1 choice will not fix that problem in the least.

This message was brought to you by a Kitten with a Keyboard

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azulia.1745

Azulia.1745

I must agree with everything OP suggested. I was crying out for ‘last seen online’ option in guild panel 2 months ago. I was being patient, but guild panel hasn’t been improved since BWE1, which is sad.. It’s very hard to manage 500 people without enough info and options in guild panel.
Arena net should make this a priority, after-all guilds are the main social system in the game!

So true! I feel we have been waiting so long for simple guild options.
Options I feel should have been standard at launch.

~Azabella~DragonBrand- Ministry of the Crescent Moon-
http://crescentmoondragonbrand.guildlaunch.com

in Suggestions

BioHazard.2147

Really disappointed we didnt see any Guild updates in the most recent patch .. Keep the thread going and we will get them !!

in Suggestions

MarcusKilgannon.5048

Hopefully. The last patch didn’t seem to do a great deal :/ Like a new PvP map is great but still only conquest? Even balancing issues didn’t have a huge address. C’mon guild upgrades! Next patch.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kane Fire Blade.7482

Kane Fire Blade.7482

I can agree with a lot of these ideas but i like the idea of being in many guilds and having any character represent any guild. But a block for leaders to only allow one character to represent there guild would be ok as it would not effect guilds as a hole.
My suggestion would be to make the in game guild system more like that of “Star trek Online” I think that game has one of the most advance guild systems i have ever seen and i think other games should take notes from it! My main issue is that i have guild members on other servers! They can gain influence for the guild in hole just on there server if we unlock something for the guild they cant use it! making it 100% pointless for my friends to be in my guild! I would like it so guild storage and services were the same on all servers not just one. Because of this block me and my friends can’t actually play together and they are American i am from the UK so we would like to stay in are own servers to have players in are time zones we can play with.
I must agree to alliance as well they may have no purpose in Guild Wars 2 but I would still like to see them in place as some of my close friends made there own guilds when they started playing and we have different goals but we would like to be connected and able to help each other grow!

I also think the guild area on the forum should be split into separate guilds as i want to find a bigger guild to join so i have a larger group of players to play and have fun with but trying to find a guild to join is not easy at all!

But yea seriously to make a better guild system have a look at star trek online and see how they do seriously its best guild system i have used to date!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kane Fire Blade.7482

Kane Fire Blade.7482

I see a different way i have found this has increased Loyalty within guilds. Members are more likely to stick around if there no pigeon holed into one guild. I myself am a guild Leader of a Guild yet I take time out to play with a different guild that has a different Goal! and my of the members from that guild join my guild as well so they could use the benefits of the way my guild is run!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neoma.3207

Neoma.3207

I do also wish for this option. I miss that function from Guild Wars 1. I am also managing my guild and it’s kind hard to do a routine check up.

Right now, I’m sending mails to 95 people and the anti-spam function is making it waste my time.

Also, I miss the Alliance function from Guild Wars 1

Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Neoma.3207)

in Suggestions

Azulia.1745

Please tell me how a person who runs a guild is supposed to know if a member has logged on at all in months? Not to kick them, but to evaluate if they are playing at all. Also how in the world are we supposed to communicate with all members on anything? I almost harass my members to check our guild website, but to not all do on a regular basis. I agree with poster above, takes hours to send all members mail with this stupid anti-spam mail function. At least disable it within a guild.

Need ability to send Officer Mail, Guild Mail, and Officer chat channel, last log in time, BASICS PLEASE!!!

in Suggestions

Devata.6589

I really expected that with the Lost Shore patch a lot of these functions (including the ones I posted in my threat https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Way-more-guild-options-and-rights/first#post696956 ) but we still haven’t seen any of these. This seems so ‘commonplace’ and not even a lot of work to implement (comparing it to other things that have been implemented) yet so important that I really don;t understand why it is still not implemented.

in Suggestions

MarcusKilgannon.5048

It’s getting brutal. There needs to be guild changes now! It’s in the title of the game so why is the guild features the most pathetic system in the game? Even Guild Wars 1 had a much much! better guild system and support and that is almost decade old development.

in Suggestions

Azulia.1745

It’s getting brutal. There needs to be guild changes now! It’s in the title of the game so why is the guild features the most pathetic system in the game? Even Guild Wars 1 had a much much! better guild system and support and that is almost decade old development.

Yes! Agree 100%

They put in makeover kits BEFORE improving STANDARD guild options.

Please Please Please ANET! Fix this! Help us run our guilds more effectively!

in Suggestions

MarcusKilgannon.5048

Anyone notice any mentions of guild system improvements on their latest AMA (I believe that’s what they were calling it haha). I haven’t got around to checking what the devs were saying.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alterah.9420

Alterah.9420

I agree with pretty much all of these suggestions (except for the multi guild ones). I just wanted to post so that this can make it to the front page again.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Davin.1023

Davin.1023

I’m not sure if this has been added or not but I feel that it would be a lot nicer if we could keep the influence and upgrades we have in one world and have it transferred to another world if we decide to switch rather than having to start all over again purchasing upgrades for the guild.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Freakie Beakie.3502

Freakie Beakie.3502

what i miss the most as a guildleader is indeed the posiblility to see how long someone been offline , and the second thing i seen mentioned here is a event calendar .
it would make life of a guild leader so much easyer.

i dont ask much but these 2 things is what i ask for xmass

and 1 character in multi guilds is bad Imo , just make up your mind and join 1 guild , what i see now in the guild is loads of people who are not representing because they simply forget ( with new characters) or they are representing a week then join a other guild and byebye .

(edited by Freakie Beakie.3502)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yelenia Elegy.1320

Yelenia Elegy.1320

I also would really like changes in the Guild system. I know they have been mentioned previously, but I feel like adding my voice in it would help getting things changed for the best! This won’t affect people who don’t care about it (ie have all members on the same server).

1) I have been playing for 7 years with friends (including Guild Wars 1), but now I live in the US (they live in France) and therefore play on different servers. The way guilds are set up now makes interaction with them very hard and we are very frustrated (no access, for me, to storage and upgrades). I understand the concept of separating Guild influences by servers, but as long as I am representing a guild I feel like I should have access to storage and upgrades. I would have stayed on EU server if I could have, but if I do I am basically alone on a map when I play which kind of making the game pointless (no possibility to succeed any event).

2) It would be good to be able to share a guild chat channel even when not representing. Maybe the access to it could be decided by the Guild leader.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ashatan Sha.4823

Ashatan Sha.4823

" It would be good to be able to share a guild chat channel even when not representing. Maybe the access to it could be decided by the Guild leader." Yelenia Elegy.
I totally agree with her. It’s very frustrating.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Umei.7052

Umei.7052

“-Ranking System needs tweaking- In the current state the ranking system is very restricted. You cannot allow members to invite players without kicking them also. FIX: Split “Admin Lower Ranks” Into “Promote/Demote” and “Invite Members”.”
“-MotD- “Edit” erases everything, it needs to do exactly what it says, Edit the message. Also Guild setting turning on/off if the message displays when a Character logs on/off”

“Guild Bank Change allow for guild leaders to customize the Stacks withdrawn per rank for the guild bank option.”
“Guild Permissions Extend Permissions in guild bank. -Deposit Items – Withdraw X Items -Deposit Gold -Withdraw X Gold. "

I’ve also found these things verrrry annoying (particularly the guild bank no withdrawl limit- just because I want to let members have access to items doesn’t mean I necessarily want them taking everyones saved up guild money!). These need to be fixed.

“-Influence Tracker- I would like to see some sort of Account based influence tracking, While I can see this causing problems because Guilds could create Influence Quotas. I would like to see that so I can identify members who are pumping out influence and reward them.”

YESSSS! Possibly to avoid making this a drama problem make it so that only the guild leader and ranks the guild leader allow can see this information. I would LOVE to be able to reward members who make ginfl rain and make them feel like what they are doing counts!

“-Guild Calender- Allows for organization of events / buffs for guild. Exactly what normal calendars do :P”
“Guild Repair Contract an option in “economy” for the guild to pay X amount (determined by Guild leader , customizable per rank ) for guild repairs.”

Would love to see these; they worked so well in WoW.

in Suggestions

MarcusKilgannon.5048

Finally playing gw again after a long break. Loved this list so I’m posting to not only bump but express Arenanet actually added guild dynamic events etc and will be arriving soon. So excited for that!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Hell yeah! Bio also add this one: show guild message of the day in the chat box when logging in: nobody ever checks them. Guild wars 1 has this chat box message feature: re-implement it!

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

I want to see a grouping option for guild members exclusively. You’re only allowed 5 members in a party, which is standard but if you’re trying to do PvE etc as a guild that caps quick.

I want to see a roster type interface (similar to WoW’s raid interface) that let’s you add more people in the party. Maybe called a ‘Guild Band’? and the make the cap 20, 30 or maybe even 40 players able to be in the system.

Out of all the things suggested, having a private grouping system for multiple guild groups Is what I’d like to see first. The commander and squad system is useless for what many guilds need. The C&S system was designed for leading zergs in WvW and has no flexibility for medium size forces doing private events.

- FREE multiple grouping system for doing smaller/private events.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

(edited by Ahmrill.7512)

in Suggestions

Posted by: lextoc.2856

lextoc.2856

Yes, they should defintly improve the guild system, and also add capes, which I miss from gw1 so much :c

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

Yes, they should defintly improve the guild system, and also add capes, which I miss from gw1 so much :c

It would be nice to wear any armor model I want AND still display our guild emblem.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

in Suggestions

MarcusKilgannon.5048

Me too, guild capes were the best!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

I agree with most of the things in here. The guild I help lead is still a small one, and I still find running it awkward because of the lack of proper tools.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Me too, guild capes were the best!

Yep! Although I hope they do their work on them first. Nobody likes clipping capes…

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain