I like BOTH my shoulder's protected...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Please add an option to the following shoulder pieces that allows them to appear on both sides of your arms, the option should be right next to the “Make invisible.” its a simply click that copies the model so it appears on both shoulders.

Heavy Armor
1 Pit Fighter shoulders.
2 Sylvari Cultural Tier Three shoulders.
3 Barbaric shoulders.
4 Chain shoulders.
5 Worn chain shoulders.
6 Norn Cultural Tier One shoulders.
7 Human Cultural Tier One shoulders.

Medium Armor
1 Asura Cultual Tier Two shoulders.
2 Charr Cultural Tier One shoulders. (I think?)
3 Charr Cultural Tier Two shoulders. (I think?)
4 Human Cultural Tier Two shoulders.
5 Human Cultural Tier Three shoulders.
6 Norn Cultural Tier One shoulders. (I think?)
7 Norn Cultural Tier Three shoulders. (I think?)
8 Superior Studded shoulders.
9 Order of Whisper’s shoulders.
10 Honor of the wave’s shoulders.
11 Black Lion Chest shoulders.
12 Guild Wars 1 shoulders. (Halls of Monuments)
13 Leather shoulders.

Light Armor
1 Asura cultural armor tier 1. (I think?)
2 Norn Cultural Tier 1 shoulders. (I think?)
3 Norn Cultural Tier 2 shoulders. (I think?)
4 Acolyte Shoulders.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Fair point, although some of them make sense if for example you have an asymmetric weapon set/stance, with a priority of attacking using the MH – you might want one arm free, with defence on the vulnerable side.

in Suggestions

Daecollo.9578

That is why I wanted the option. I simply don’t like or understand having shoulders when one is left completely exposed. It makes it a tough choice even though I really like the shoulders.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Thank you, I am so glad I’m not the only one who passes on these one shouldered outfits!

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I 100% support the solidarity of asymetric armor. If you want a shoulder pad on both sides, pick a different option.

My Leather Shoulders being only on that side is specifically why I wear it.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

That is why I wanted the option. I simply don’t like or understand having shoulders when one is left completely exposed. It makes it a tough choice even though I really like the shoulders.

With some roman gladiator armor, one shoulder is left exposed for the shield.
Spartan’s didn’t or rarely even wore shoulder armor at all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

I looked up a few of what you have listed at random, they definitely do have a part on each shoulder it’s just different because your arms have different purposes. What you’re asking for would then require that shoulders either become 2 separate item slots, creating new items for all of those asymetric skins, or have so many options that you would have 9 different setups for how your shoulders look from 1 item. That’s pretty silly.

(edited by Player Character.9467)

in Suggestions

Posted by: dbgamer.3407

dbgamer.3407

Don’t really understand this gripe. It’s a style thing – there are a ton of shoulder options to choose from. It’s not like you need these shoulder pieces for some function or stat. If you don’t like them, don’t wear them.

On a side note, however, the single shoulder guard does serve a functional purpose with certain weapon sets, so it’s not like they just screwed up or decided to get too fancy with the design. I believe the one-shoulder guards are usually used when the other arm has the protection of a shield, or at least the lesser protected arm.

They’re functionally accurate, and a cool alternative to the double shoulder guards. I highly doubt ArenaNet will do anything about this, nor should they

Arkenell of Fort Aspenwood

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I love asymmetric armours – probably because I have played so many archers in other games. I love, love, love that guild wars has both 2-shoulder and 1-shoulder armours. (When playing a ranged character, I will probably always pick asymmetric shoulders to complete my outfit.)

If you could turn on/off one shoulder on any of the styles, fine, I’d support that, although I don’t strictly find it’s necessary as we have such a wide selection of shoulders already, and many shoulders combine really well with many tops that are (technically) of a different style.

The exception being super specific styles such as certain dungeon armour sets; in those cases it would be great if both 1- and 2-shoulder versions would be supported.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

I will have you know that I picked my armor of choice exactly because of the asymmetry.

But I would have nothing against adding in more armor skins, some with symmetric designs.

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Daecollo.9578

Ok… I’m not saying to change it at all…

I want an OPTION to have two shoulder pads instead of one. I’m not saying to change them, i’m not saying to make it mandatory I just want to play my way.

You can play your way, i’m asking for a way to play my way.

I just don’t see a reason why your against it, will seeing my character with two shoulder pads offend you?

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I just want to throw in that some shoulder skins don’t just “lack” one shoulder, but actually have two different ones for left & right. Which one should be kept when you disable them…?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Ok… I’m not saying to change it at all…

I want an OPTION to have two shoulder pads instead of one. I’m not saying to change them, i’m not saying to make it mandatory I just want to play my way.

You can play your way, i’m asking for a way to play my way.

I just don’t see a reason why your against it, will seeing my character with two shoulder pads offend you?

You already have that option many times over. They’re just different shoulderpads.

What offends me is when someone who doesn’t like something then feels it needs to be changed so they do like it, rather than just avoiding the thing they don’t like and choosing the many options available to them that they may like more.

They don’t need to be changed. You don’t like them. Good for you, some people do. It’s a waste of time to accomodate this petty desire when the artists could be doing much more interesting things for the community as a whole.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

in Suggestions

Daecollo.9578

I just want to throw in that some shoulder skins don’t just “lack” one shoulder, but actually have two different ones for left & right. Which one should be kept when you disable them…?

I never included those ones in my post, just ones that completely lack a second shoulder.

in Suggestions

dbgamer.3407

No.. but you’re asking for a way to play your way when there are TONS of options with two shoulder pads, so I really don’t understand your issue.

There are a few options that look different than what you want, but tons that match what your’e asking for – what’s the problem here?

in Suggestions

Daecollo.9578

No.. but you’re asking for a way to play your way when there are TONS of options with two shoulder pads, so I really don’t understand your issue.

There are a few options that look different than what you want, but tons that match what your’e asking for – what’s the problem here?

Its because I like the ones that are one shoulder more, they are more aesthetically pleasing to me, however I don’t like them because I like shoulder pads that cover both arms and not just one.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

I don’t see a need for A-net to put in the extra effort here. They have provided a way for each player to play his own way by offering both shoulder skin types. And as someone stated, some of those one shoulder skins actually are two shoulder skins, they just have a different shoulder than the other side due to the purpose of that type of shoulder armor. And as another poster said, I’d be more in favor of more skins than this option.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Fair point, although some of them make sense if for example you have an asymmetric weapon set/stance, with a priority of attacking using the MH – you might want one arm free, with defence on the vulnerable side.

That is the most probable answer to this and what I was thinking off aswell. Maybe having lighter protection on one arm allows you to risk more damage, but maybe do higher damage aswell. It might be an interesting idea to give shoulder sets a different defensive bonus, depending on the cosmetic looks. In reality these half-bare shoulderpads would indeed serve the idea that that side of the body is more mobile and would allow for faster attacks and harder hits. The other side can then be used to try to block off attacks.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Suggestions

Daecollo.9578

Its easy to flip a model around to fit both shoulders. You just copy a model’s file and flip it around for the other side of the shoulder.

Creating a new model/texturing/shadering it takes a LONG time.

Pardon my horrible ‘paint’ job. :P However it looks really bad kittenz

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

Its easy to flip a model around to fit both shoulders. You just copy a model’s file and flip it around for the other side of the shoulder.

Creating a new model/texturing/shadering it takes a LONG time.

Pardon my horrible ‘paint’ job. :P However it looks really bad kittenz

The coding to flip the shoulder items, then designate which individual shoulder items, then designate wich side of those shoulder items would be time consuming. So maybe the real solution is to provide new skins that have two of the same sgoulder that those one shoulders have. I wouldn’t be mad at a-net if they did it. It would be a cheap way out of providing new armor looks. But it would be a way of getting more armor for the time invested.

in Suggestions

dbgamer.3407

You’re right OP- I think the karma shoulder pads have 2 too many spikes. I’d like ArenaNet to alter them and make a version that has exactly 2 fewer spikes. I don’t want to choose from the other options, I want you to change the current ones. It shouldn’t be too much work.

Please do this for me ArenaNet.

in Suggestions

Daecollo.9578

You’re right OP- I think the karma shoulder pads have 2 too many spikes. I’d like ArenaNet to alter them and make a version that has exactly 2 fewer spikes. I don’t want to choose from the other options, I want you to change the current ones. It shouldn’t be too much work.

Please do this for me ArenaNet.

Changing an entire skin would require: New Shaders, New Textures, New Model. Not what i’m asking for.

I just want an option for single shoulder pads to be on each side instead of one… completely optional, OPTIONAL

in Suggestions

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Hell, instead of making it a toggle (which requires UI changes, which they claim is about as much work as remaking the whole game from scratch) why not have them make 2 options of each skin? One mono-shoulder, one with both?

I’d support this, because barring someone using a full tower size shield, or throwing pilums, there’s no real world reason why one shoulder would be bare.

in Suggestions

Daecollo.9578

Yeah, I don’t see why you couldn’t make the two shouldered pads one shouldered as well.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I think it would be useful if you specified the particular shoulder set you want for your character – I’m assuming you like one of the asymmetric sets but want to see a symmetric version of it?

Otherwise as has been said, plenty of “normal” ones to choose from.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Don’t forget Exalted shoulders.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Revelry.8572

Revelry.8572

Seconding allowing one-side shoulders to be mirrored.

To anyone who says “choose a different set,” you’re missing the point. A game like GW2 is about customization; telling someone their opinion is “wrong” for wanting the ability to tailor their experience flies in the face of Anet’s GW2 manifesto.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Henge.3907

Henge.3907

I’m all for this, also would love it if I could hide a shoulder selection I don’t like. Such as the SE heavy armor. I would love to just display the cone shoulder without having the giant castle like shoulder.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Ancient militaries preferred right handed soldiers, if two right handed soldiers fight each other, you will almost never be in a situation where your right shoulder is attacked. Also having a shoulder pad on your sword hand (right side) you wont be able to do over head/hand swings with the sword.

If you’ve ever got in a stick fight with a friend you would know all this. With a sword, my right side is protected freeing my left hand for additional functionality such as a shield to protect the other vulnerable parts of my body or for close combat grappling.

So, that is why you only get one shoulder pad. It’s not a fashion statement, it’s a functionality/protection thing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ratty.5176

Ratty.5176

I too love Asymmetrical armor, and it is the reason I wear certain choices.

Though I wouldn’t be against them adding a both shoulder version under a different name to some karma vendors. It would add more looks to the game for very little work.

in Suggestions

Posted by: vove.2768

vove.2768

I already wrote about it https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Asymmetric-shoulder-armor/first#post1555504 and as far as I know they have a lot of other problems before they address this “case” (since you cannot call it a bug). Once the armor/weapon clipping bug will get solved maybe they will think about it.