Lower the cost of Tier 3 Cultural Armor

in Suggestions

Posted by: NarcoticHaze.3497

NarcoticHaze.3497

Hello, my suggestion is pretty simple, that’s to lower the cost of the Tier 3 Cultural Armor for all races. As it stands right now, the cost for the full suit which is only Rare, costs more than a suit of Exotic from the TP. The cost is over 100g.

In addition, I believe the cost should be lowered to reflect the price increase from Tier 1 to Tier 2. Tier 1 is somewhere around 2G, Tier 2 is somewhere around 7-8G. Then we have the jump from T2 to T3, which is over 100G as mentioned before. It just doesn’t make sense to me. I mean, I understand the concept behind vanity items, but I don’t see this armor as being that. It isn’t just for looks, you know?

As it stands now I’m considered a casual player (was hardcore til recent RL events prevented me from playing) and I’ve got my eye on T3 gear, and just can’t put the same amount of time back into the game to get enough gold to purchase it. In fact, a lot of people can’t make that kind of a purchase.

Anyways, that’s my two cents. To those who disagree I ask you; Why do you think T3 Cultural Armor, which is Rare, should cost over 100g? I’m interested in hearing the other side.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cherokeewill.7504

Cherokeewill.7504

+ 1 - I’d love to equip the T3 cultural armor on my Norn Ranger but the stats don’t even come close to my lvl 71 exotic. (IIRC I bought a full set of lvl 78+ Duelist gear for ~5G on the TP yesterday) Gold is far too hard to come by to sink 120 Gold + 200 Gems (fine transmutation stones) into what will amount to a skin.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

No, it is just a vanity item. I was able to painstakingly farm the Gold needed, as were many others. You can too. Just gotta belieeeeeeve in yourself.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Suggestions

Posted by: EliteZ.1682

EliteZ.1682

Why can nobody in MMO’s anymore put in any kind of effort for rewards. They are priced that high for a reason, they are the “legendary” armor, the “hardest” set to get. It is done that way so you don’t see hundreds of players running around in it like you saw with CoF back towards release. I’m a casual player, I have played the game for 708 hours since release and I’ve got myself a full T3 set and 170g left over (I admit I got lucky and got a precursor which I sold), but that was after I brought my T3 and spent around 35g on buying enough gems to purchase 3 more character slots and no I don’t play the TP or anything like that.

As for the stats, they are not designed to have the best stats, they are for looks, they are the some of the best armor looks in the game and that’s why they cost so much, not because of their stats.

Besides it’s too late to change them now as a lot of people have already spent near 120g getting their set, so for Anet to turn around now and lower the price isn’t fair on the people that’s already brought it for a higher price.

If you want the best looking rewards, be prepared to work for them! I’m not trying to be mean, but can you not see that some things are suppose to be worked for? I farmed the money for T3, I didn’t moan about it, I got on with it and felt so much more enjoyment and reward when I reached enough money to purchase it.

(edited by EliteZ.1682)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ivonbeton.6814

Ivonbeton.6814

Haven’t played in over 2 months (very busy), but before that I managed to get 2 sets of T3. So really not that unsurmountable.

The only thing I don’t like about them is that the skins are basically a one time use. If you want a set with that same look but with different stats, you basically have to delete the item on which you originally put the skin. For example, if I want to apply my T3 armor on a condition damage set for a change of pace, I lose my crit armor and my divinity runes (unless I apply them on the other armour).

I think for that price, you should be able to reuse the skin. Make it soulbound but applicable to different sets so that you can have the stats you want when you want them. Right now, if I want to play with the T3 look and a new build, I have to buy the skin again or lose my other armour set. Which basically means I would destroy 45-120g.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Akame.1073

Akame.1073

Take your time. i have my human necro with a T3 & starting now to collect T3 for my norn warr. All in all i dont have any problems with the price , just manage your gold. Every time you finish playing split your gold in half – put hals in your bank, wich will be like a fund for your T3, the other half use it for your daily needs.
If you could get everything without any effort whatsoever the game will become stale & boring.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

You are buying the skin, not the stats. It’ll be nice if you could unlock the skin and put it in a PvE locker instead having to buy the items each time, though.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

I’d rather them just upgrade the armor to exotics and be done with it.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

I bought my tier 3 for my Sylvari ranger, and yet I still agree it should be cheaper; after all, it’s only rare.
However, let me outline what I think ArenaNet’s idea is with Tier 3.

1: It’s an aspirational set akin to Dungeon gear that doesn’t require running dungeons.
2: It’s not Exotic because it drives the sale of Fine Transmutation Stones, which will either cost you more gold or real world cash.

With those two points in mind, I don’t think we’ll ever see a change.

To be honest, at the current cost it should be a skin like the Hall of Monuments skins, one that you could use for that character again and again, but they have no place for such an idea in their business model. I’m actually surprised that the HoM skins survived in their current format.
It’s a little too generous for their liking these days.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

Well, I’d love to see the price reduced, especially since my only interest in them is vanity. Doesn’t help that I’m an altoholic and have at least 3 characters I’d like to get into T3. Never going to be able to afford that. :P

in Suggestions

Posted by: General Belisarius.2548

General Belisarius.2548

Dont reduce price! It is prestige armor and I everyone has it it loses that. The price is fine as it it

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tipsy.5802

Tipsy.5802

I think the price is high yes…if you have many characters you want the t3 skin for..
Perhaps there should be some kind of reputation points you can gather to get a discount if you reach a certain reputation lvl.
This way players still have to work hard for their prestige armor and could aid their race to earn it too;still long-term goal
And at the same time you give players reason to return to begin areas and do the (hopeful) refreshing stuff in order to gain it
Ofcourse you could also be patient and wait till you earned like 10 times the amount gold needed before spending it on just these skins you want
But I prefer the idea of aiding your race to earn them as alternative.
Just reducing the price is perhaps not the best option,but giving more options to players to earn them over a long period sounds cool to me..
While adding new ways/content to aid your race for it and really give players the feeling they earned it

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

Why can nobody in MMO’s anymore put in any kind of effort for rewards. They are priced that high for a reason, they are the “legendary” armor, the “hardest” set to get. It is done that way so you don’t see hundreds of players running around in it like you saw with CoF back towards release. I’m a casual player, I have played the game for 708 hours since release and I’ve got myself a full T3 set and 170g left over (I admit I got lucky and got a precursor which I sold), but that was after I brought my T3 and spent around 35g on buying enough gems to purchase 3 more character slots and no I don’t play the TP or anything like that.

As for the stats, they are not designed to have the best stats, they are for looks, they are the some of the best armor looks in the game and that’s why they cost so much, not because of their stats.

Besides it’s too late to change them now as a lot of people have already spent near 120g getting their set, so for Anet to turn around now and lower the price isn’t fair on the people that’s already brought it for a higher price.

If you want the best looking rewards, be prepared to work for them! I’m not trying to be mean, but can you not see that some things are suppose to be worked for? I farmed the money for T3, I didn’t moan about it, I got on with it and felt so much more enjoyment and reward when I reached enough money to purchase it.

I always laugh when people use the argument that it would be unfair for those who already have done the work.

In that case MMO’s should never be updated, ever. Really, listen to that argument. If it is suddenly easier to make money, that means it is now easier to get the T3. Are you going to cry that people aren’t putting forth as much effort as you?
What about the fact that I completed several solo champ kills that have now been nerfed? Should I now look at everyone else finally killing these events as lessers that aren’t “putting fortht he work” that I had to do?

You did the work, you got your armor before everyone else, that is your reward. Don’t cry if they somehow make it easier on others. You’ve enjoyed the armor for awhile now.

By use of your logic, the game should never have any bug fixed if even a single player managed to accomplish the event/feat/puzzle/whatever while it was bugged as it now makes what that person accomplished somehow lesser.

in Suggestions

Runiir.6425

Dont reduce price! It is prestige armor and I everyone has it it loses that. The price is fine as it it

It is a “prestige” to buy something now?
You did not earn it, you did not do some amazing skill challenge, you simply grinded away on something, or got lucky with a precursor drop and got your money.

They need to make dungeouns so you cannot skip things, really money is not hard to come by with the AC skip runs being so prevelent. I refuse to do them, so yes I have less cash, but there is a serious problem with dungeouns being this rewarding and there beign no time-equivilent method of gaining that money int he open world. If you can ear 2g/half hour in a dungeoun, that must be obtainable int he open world for the same ammount of effort (hint, dungeouns arent that hard if you simply run easy paths).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

If they change the price, i want a refund for the difference.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lighthammer.3280

Lighthammer.3280

120g is 120 ac runs without loot. That is 120 hours of play if you only get gray drops. So no it is not hard to get, you just have to quit kittening and get to it.

in Suggestions

Runiir.6425

Which makes you one of the “entitled” people in all honestly.

BTW…I don’t care if they change it or not, I have the looks I want.

in Suggestions

Tipsy.5802

120 runs in 120 hours in the same dungeon is a real hoot!
(If I was like the Mad Hatter in Alice in wonderland)
Infact I think dungeon grinders should be punished for hiding away in a cave while they cant see what really is important;zhaitan..
Instead of making it cheaper give players more ways to earn it:by aiding their race in the begin area(new content) and earn it,then it would be real prestige
And actually fun…

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Id rather see a quest line for tier 3 cultural armor rather than putting a price tag on it. Too late for that however…

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

Which makes you one of the “entitled” people in all honestly.

BTW…I don’t care if they change it or not, I have the looks I want.

No he has a good point. I’ve done it almost twice now, in the end it didn’t take me as long as I thought it would you just have to be resourceful. I sold mats I gathered, I sold ectos, and I ran CoF P1 a bunch of times on the side. I used to complain about the T3 prices, and I do think they are ridiculously steep. But I did a lot of work to get the 1st and now almost 2nd set, so if they’re going to reduce the price after all of that…being refunded the difference isn’t entitlement, it’s fairness. They are supposed to be prestige sets after all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Infact I think dungeon grinders should be punished for hiding away in a cave while they cant see what really is important;zhaitan..
Instead of making it cheaper give players more ways to earn it:by aiding their race in the begin area(new content) and earn it,then it would be real prestige
And actually fun…

It wouldn’t take 120 runs, and you don’t have to do them all at once…

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: phlemhacker.1372

phlemhacker.1372

As someone who is working on a set of T3(missing just the headgear), please, please, please, leave the price (Or if you lower it, give me a refund).

You are paying for the looks, not the functionality; it gives something to work towards. If it was easy to get, it would suddenly not have any point.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

It’s the equivalent of FoW armor in GW1 and FoW was more expensive when you think about it so as far as I’m concerned the price is fine . I was able to raise 25 gold in a few days for exotic armor so if you really want to get it its not that hard and i dont bother playing the market either .

in Suggestions

Posted by: DaWolv.8503

DaWolv.8503

I would agree, its a vanity item, but the fact that it’s not even Exotic and has only a certain combination of stats is just an insult!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

People don’t buy them for their stats. They buy them so they can trans stone them. What part of ‘vanity’ is so hard to comprehend?

I would agree, its a vanity item, but the fact that it’s not even Exotic and has only a certain combination of stats is just an insult!

in Suggestions

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

"Lower the cost of Tier 3 Cultural Armor"
Signed!

Now this price is for e-buyers only.

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in Suggestions

Tipsy.5802

And actually fun…

It wouldn’t take 120 runs, and you don’t have to do them all at once…

I’m well aware of that,neither would I do that..
Takes away all the fun of a dungeon.
Did they ever say it was just fo vanity actually?Isn’t there a problem if people assume this?
They could add more fun ways to spend time to work for the cultural armor and earn it by aiding the corresponding race.
Nor is it unfair to players who already earned it;it still is a long-term goal
But you have more exciting ways to earn it..It turns from “just that overprized skin” into “real cultural prestige armor”

in Suggestions

Runiir.6425

The “we earned it this way” people forget something big, this is an MMO, it must change if what it reflects is not what it should be.

Should those of us that finished the original glitched HotW dungeoun demand everyone else have their rewards removed for getting to play the “easy” version? (if you did not know, the first month the game was live p2 and p3 of HotW had the underwater bosses doing double the damage they do now per hit)

/sarcasm on

I mean, fair is fair right? We suffered through it, completed it, yet here a patch comes through and makes it easier. Refund us in some way for accomplishing what all these sissies couldn’t!

/sarcasm off

Seriously people, you are basically saying that anything that any individual has accomplished should never be changed even if it is broken and should be fixed or be made more obtainable. Which is everything in the game before the 4th patch went live almost.

Those complaining about uniqueness, grow up and look around…you are only unique if you mix/match your armor in a unique way. Wearing an entire set of the armor…you are one of the crowd. This isn’t prestigious armor by any means…all it shows is you were willing to grind yourself silly to afford it. At any point in LA you will see 10+ people wearing T3 (usually much more honestly)…if this was prestigious armor you would be lucky to see one. Prestigious armor would have a number limit in place, only so many people can get it before it will no longer be available…anything else and it is no longer prestigious, it is nigh always a grind or luck based (precursors for legendaries fit this deffinition perfectly too).

As for the “I want to be a special snowflake” crowd…how you dye the armor will be more unique than the armor itself unless you mix and match peices from multiple sets, and anyone mix and matching will admit to seeing people copy them if they get a good look after a few days of running around.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I think they should upgrade the armor to exotics. As it is you have to skin them onto other armor for the stats. Why can’t they make the very expensive armor exotic.

Other than that, the price jump is a bit extreme. I think they should add in another set of armor in between tier 2 and 3, different looks, price halfway between the two. It would be nice to have another look for cultural armors also.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

(edited by Katz.5143)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

As stated many times Katz, the intention is for you to buy Fine Transmutation Stones from the gemstore and transmute the Tier 3 Cultural armour on to Exotic stats.
Myself, I’ve refused to spend any money on this game since November, so I buy gems with gold.

But yeah, the reason it isn’t Exotic is because ArenaNet want your money.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Did Anet state that was the reason? Until they do, what we state is just speculation. However, if that were the reason then why isn’t dungeon armor rare instead of exotic. I like the looks of it more than most of the cultural armor skins.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lighthammer.3280

Lighthammer.3280

Prices of armors are not broken. Either you less QQ and more pewpew and get some money, or stfu. You could ask for cheaper legendaries, because no one wants to pay over 1000g for one item.

Guess what, those items are intentionally expensive so not every bugger could get em. If you want it that much go farm and earn it. If you ask me I would increase prices of those armors or make new sets that are more expensive just to split the game into people who enjoy the game and spent time getting it and those who want it and QQ how expensive it is but don’t want to farm.

in Suggestions

Tipsy.5802

Farming should be a choice and not an obligation.If it really becomes tedious its often a sign that something is wrong/missing for that part ingame.
Cost is not really the point either,guess you could say legendaries share a similar problem with the T3 cultural.
But on top of that legendaries just don’t belong on the trading post imo,its like you’re able to ordering a baby on amazon or ebay…
Its the road you went and when you finally give birth that makes it special.
Crafting is the most exciting (and only exciting) way to get legendary at the moment and that is the problem:
Hoarding gold to buy a legendary or T3 culteral isnt very exciting way to get it.
If its all about the money to get these items and when it doesnt have a deeper connection to the game itself to achieve these weapons/armor,
People wont recognize the road you went..Its like “yea that guy had the money” and they would think nothing more of it either
While if these items had a deeper root in the game to obtain it,it would give a certain recognition to the player other than
“he/she had more money than sense”

They should consider alternative ways of getting legendaries and T3 cultural armors(for example by aiding your race in the begin area with new missions)
Its not the money,its how you can get them where the problem is(which is limited to hoard your gold till you can buy or craft yourself)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Personally I don’t even bother thinking about getting 100g or getting a legendary.
I don’t feel like spending half my life here in order to get a skin. It’s a total waste of money/time and the grinding isn’t fun at all. Some people were thinking the same about commander, but actually the commander tag makes more sense than a legendary. Commanders have a use, legendaries and 100g armour skins do not.

So imo: I have no problem with them getting a lot cheaper, since there’s no real point in getting them anyways: they don’t offer any benefits. The other way: seeing such expensive items, it only shows who’s a no-lifer and who isn’t, I guess.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Suggestions

EliteZ.1682

The “we earned it this way” people forget something big, this is an MMO, it must change if what it reflects is not what it should be.

Should those of us that finished the original glitched HotW dungeoun demand everyone else have their rewards removed for getting to play the “easy” version? (if you did not know, the first month the game was live p2 and p3 of HotW had the underwater bosses doing double the damage they do now per hit)

/sarcasm on

I mean, fair is fair right? We suffered through it, completed it, yet here a patch comes through and makes it easier. Refund us in some way for accomplishing what all these sissies couldn’t!

/sarcasm off

Seriously people, you are basically saying that anything that any individual has accomplished should never be changed even if it is broken and should be fixed or be made more obtainable. Which is everything in the game before the 4th patch went live almost.

Those complaining about uniqueness, grow up and look around…you are only unique if you mix/match your armor in a unique way. Wearing an entire set of the armor…you are one of the crowd. This isn’t prestigious armor by any means…all it shows is you were willing to grind yourself silly to afford it. At any point in LA you will see 10+ people wearing T3 (usually much more honestly)…if this was prestigious armor you would be lucky to see one. Prestigious armor would have a number limit in place, only so many people can get it before it will no longer be available…anything else and it is no longer prestigious, it is nigh always a grind or luck based (precursors for legendaries fit this deffinition perfectly too).

As for the “I want to be a special snowflake” crowd…how you dye the armor will be more unique than the armor itself unless you mix and match peices from multiple sets, and anyone mix and matching will admit to seeing people copy them if they get a good look after a few days of running around.

Yes and Anet should lower the cost of legendaries to 10g now because they are only for those that want to look “unique”, but I see over 5 people in LA with a legendary now so they are way past looking unique anymore. I mean if I could dye half of my twilight to orange then yes i’d pay 2k gold, but as every other person using twilight will look the same, It’s only worth 10g now. Hell I might aswell stick to the pearl greatsword as I see almost everyone using that.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lucky.3298

Lucky.3298

IMO it cost way too much compare to game prices / rewards.
If it supposed to be bought with real money, why not place it to Item Shop?
And sorry it’s not just a skin, it has stats (wonder why too) and has lvl request, which is never a case of skin only items (ex: HoM skins).
I think we don’t need these together with Orders gears, but why not have anything special.
Only question is: why so “cheap” and why so few skins?

in Suggestions

Posted by: MuffinOfJustice.2067

MuffinOfJustice.2067

Keep the price, make the armor exotic.

Furthermore, when ascended armor is introduced, there should be a way to make exotic cultural armor ascended using the gift of ascension, like how the prototype fractal capacitor currently operates.

Yes, it is prestige armor. Yes, it should be expensive and mean something. It’s because of these things that it shouldn’t be useless without the cash shop.

(edited by MuffinOfJustice.2067)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Letifer.4360

Letifer.4360

Not worth the gold, and it gives 0 prestige lol Specially because there will be Legendary armors at some point.

in Suggestions

EliteZ.1682

Not worth the gold, and it gives 0 prestige lol Specially because there will be Legendary armors at some point.

Said who? As far as I’m aware Anet have always said they have no intention of making legendary armor

in Suggestions

Posted by: Letifer.4360

Letifer.4360

Said who? As far as I’m aware Anet have always said they have no intention of making legendary armor

lol Here just for you:

“You’ll also see more Legendary items in the future and an update to our existing Legendary weapons.” – Linsey Murdock

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/

in Suggestions

EliteZ.1682

lol Here just for you:

“You’ll also see more Legendary items in the future and an update to our existing Legendary weapons.” – Linsey Murdock

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/

Really? Asnwer me this, where on that blog does it say anything about legendary armor? It says legenerday items, nothing about armor and therefore they may only add more legendary weapons into the game. Also, if they do intend to add any legendary armor into the game then it won’t be untill after ascended armor is out and therefore will be a very long time away. Should I not buy exotic armor now because in the future ascended armor will be released?

Look, if people can’t afford T3 then don’t use it, it’s that simple. Legendary weapons cost over 1k gold, but that’s okay just because it’s “legendary”.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

lol Here just for you:

Really? Asnwer me this, where on that blog does it say anything about legendary armor? It says legenerday items, nothing about armor and therefore they may only add more legendary weapons into the game. Also, if they do intend to add any legendary armor into the game then it won’t be untill after ascended armor is out and therefore will be a very long time away. Should I not buy exotic armor now because in the future ascended armor will be released?

Look, if people can’t afford T3 then don’t use it, it’s that simple. Legendary weapons cost over 1k gold, but that’s okay just because it’s “legendary”.

Simple, actually.

Lindsay’s post talks about “Legendary gear” and “Legendary weapons”. If you take that as a premise for non-weapon Legendary gear in the future, then you’re left with accessories and armor. Legendaries are all about the skins, so accessories, other than back pieces, are out of the discussion.

So it’d only really make sense for it to be armor or back pieces. Or both.

And honestly, the Cultural armor is fine as it is. Games like these need things that are outrageously expensive so that the specific demographic can feel like there’s a goal to work towards.

(edited by Olba.5376)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Herio.5890

Herio.5890

I’d be happy by just fixing the broken gloves on male sylvari t3.

Herio, Sylvari Guardian from Gandara.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

What they should really do is raise the cost of T1 and 2 and add a 4th Tier . This would change the psychology of the way players look at the price of T3 cultural armor .

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hellgaunt.1734

Hellgaunt.1734

Terrible idea to lower the cost of T3 cultural armor. It’s a gold sink and vanity item. And does that job perfectly.

I have respect for people in T3 cultural armor because they stand out. However it would be amazing to be able to work your way towards buying armor from other cultures. Perhaps through some unique storyline or by allying with that culture somehow.

in Suggestions

EliteZ.1682

lol Here just for you:

Simple, actually.

Lindsay’s post talks about “Legendary gear” and “Legendary weapons”. If you take that as a premise for non-weapon Legendary gear in the future, then you’re left with accessories and armor. Legendaries are all about the skins, so accessories, other than back pieces, are out of the discussion.

So it’d only really make sense for it to be armor or back pieces. Or both.

And honestly, the Cultural armor is fine as it is. Games like these need things that are outrageously expensive so that the specific demographic can feel like there’s a goal to work towards.

No, it talks about the current legendary weapons, that doesn’t mean when they say add more “gear” that they’re not going to add more weapons just because they called it gear. There is still nothing to suggest that we will ever get legendary armor in the game, unless you really want to believe adding more “gear” means armor. They said that they add new gear in fotm (not including the ascended stuff you buy), which turned out to be fractal weapons, no armor, just weapons.
Even if they do add legendary armor down the line, that’s not a reason to make T3 so stupidly easy to obtain like all the other armors just because one day there might be a better looking set out.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Anet will sell more gems if they lower price to about 20g for one whole set of tier 3 armor. This is because people will be $10 of gem if the armor is in reach.

As it it now, only people doing dungeons can afford tier 3 armor.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Korrigan.4837

Korrigan.4837

Signed. The actual cost is just insane.

Anet will sell more gems if they lower price to about 20g for one whole set of tier 3 armor. This is because people will be $10 of gem if the armor is in reach.

I agree here. Most people will most likely not buy 100g worth of gems… but 10g or 20g, yep, they will consider it.

The Farstar Alliance [TFA] – Gandara Server.
A PvX guild for mature players with a life.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

As it it now, only people doing dungeons can afford tier 3 armor.

The same can be said about every expensive item, though.

The problem with that thinking is that it’s the same pitfall that most f2p MMORPGs fall. Granted, it’s quick cash on a short notice, but in the long terms, your playerbase is going to die out.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

Atleast should be an item which applies the skin without the need of fine stones.

I took an arrow to the knee