Mini-Pet Slot

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

+1 – please do this A-Net!

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dark FQ.1038

Dark FQ.1038

That would be niccccceee. But I almost have the wholle time my mini activated.

Dark Fq (Desolation and Gandara)all classes condi. http://www.youtube.com/user/FQDark

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

That would be niccccceee. But I almost have the wholle time my mini activated.

I try to remember, but forget more times than not.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Agreed. I always try to keep a mini with me and out but it’s hard to remember and stops me using the ‘deposit all’ button.

I can’t really see a downside to this suggestion either. Since minis don’t do anything it doesn’t really matter from a gameplay perspective whether they’re out or not and it would be a huge benefit to those players who want to use them.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: BoogerSammich.7189

BoogerSammich.7189

mini pet slot in here panel? yes please.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Oh I didn’t see this thread, but yes I support this, add a small permanent slot for minis in Hero’s Panel pls?

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: blinkxzero.8035

blinkxzero.8035

+1 would love this

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jessamy.3529

Jessamy.3529

YES please do this! i love my mini pets by i can never be bothered using them its so pointless at the moment

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: CameronJames.4897

CameronJames.4897

Please do this!! It is my dream as a warrior to roam with a mini and not forever alone.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: DayLight.9603

DayLight.9603

My Mini Vampire Bat needs this! Please A-net! It is the perfect companion for my creepy Necro! Now if only I could have a cloud of minis! T_T I could be a.. mini minion master! Ah, the dreams…

Sylvari for life. <3

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lucky.3298

Lucky.3298

would be great to do it like in WoW, it’s not handy to keep pet in bag slot and I can’t choose pet outside bank…

So please add it!

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: evolverzilla.2359

evolverzilla.2359

If they add an option to not show and not receive packets from minipets of other people I´m all for this.

I don´t need more kitten in my screen to lower my fps and clog my connection.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Yeah. They should be equipped with a show/hide check box like the headgear, shoulders and back item have.

It’ll be eve better if it worked like the ranger’s pet selection: Click the icon, select the miniature set, then you get a panel with all the miniatures in the set, and you click the one you want to show.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

If they add an option to not show and not receive packets from minipets of other people I´m all for this.

If your fps gets low because of a few pets on your screen….i think its time for an upgrade buddy.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

If your fps gets low because of a few pets on your screen….i think its time for an upgrade buddy.

True, and it’s not ANet’s fault because people can simply choose to have their pets on, so the problem is not with the pets but, again, your computer.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: jasonorme.5014

jasonorme.5014

I agree with this.

The current state of the minis is exactly why I have yet to purchase any.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Current state of minis? Okay, now’s probably the best time to buy, they are in a price dip.

Anyhow, being that I have all of the minis up to the laurel ones (was psyched to get one when I hit 75, but when the Guild golems hit, not being a big guild and being 100% unwilling to switch to one just to earn them.. took the shine off) >:P

Whatever the case: The single “mini slot” doesn’t satisfy a situation where someone like me wants to run around with more than one mini.

We have invisible bags for this kind of thing! You’ll find yourself with lots of items for the bag, if you haven’t already.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eerekai.9438

Eerekai.9438

Minis, even with a slot and equip and such, would still be useless and rarely used- Because they follow the player 50 feet behind instead of right next to them. It’s more like dragging a kite on the ground than running around with a cool miniature pal.

While I’d love the mini pet slot (with no additional upgrades or functionality, just a pure cosmetic item), the quoted text above points out an issue that really needs to be addressed for minis. My little golem gets left in the dust right now…

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Patchup.1053

Patchup.1053

Yes, simply yes.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Redrenna.7216

Redrenna.7216

I also like this idea.I always deposit my minis by mistake and it would be less stuff to carry in the bags.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: TAKBonez.4953

TAKBonez.4953

I agree with this only cuz u have to take it out every time u change maps or die. The deposit part isn’t so bad since u can do away with that wit certain bag types. but haveing to remember to take it out every map or death is annoying and I often forget. Plus I like having my children with me. I’m a Charr and have tiger charr bp and mini Rytlok(my children) and no I’m not and RP’er jus think its funny to say they r my children.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

Invisible bags, invisible packs, and safe boxes.

Unless you’re planning on bringing 10 minipets with you those should be enough, miniature pets don’t disappear when you deposit your collectables.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: TAKBonez.4953

TAKBonez.4953

Invisible bags, invisible packs, and safe boxes.

Unless you’re planning on bringing 10 minipets with you those should be enough, miniature pets don’t disappear when you deposit your collectables.

Everybody knows this dude I even mention it in my post right above urs even the OP said it in his post. The problem really is that they disappear when u full die or change maps.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: fizzypop.6458

fizzypop.6458

Yes please! I’d use my minis a lot more if I could do this.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Everflame.1305

Everflame.1305

Awesome idea. I would definitely us a mini if this was a feature.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: bornuj.3164

bornuj.3164

+1 This needs to happen!

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: xyjames.7049

xyjames.7049

I feel Minis should be made more aptly usable.

- The mini-pets collection is viewable anywhere, via its own menu. Mini-pets are summoned/dismissed directly through the menu.

- Mini-pets are not considered “inventory,” and thus do not enter your bags at any time, nor do they get dismissed when you “Deposit All Collectables.”

- A summoned mini stays with you indefinitely, until dismissed, or until you summon a different one

- Right-clicking on a particular mini’s slot in the menu displays the usual options for Buy/Sell on Trading Post.

This was made by Fyrebrand.4859: and I feel is an amazing start for bringing Miniatures to the masses in a more friendly manner.

+1 for this thread.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

all for it, only reason I’v never been into minis is because its tiresome to have to keep resummoning only to lose it when I do deposit.

#ELEtism

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Monk.5127

Monk.5127

Another +1 here!

Raww Im A Mesmer
Eternal Clarity X [Ankh] – Dragonbrand

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fuzzylightning.9476

Fuzzylightning.9476

I strongly agree with this. This will make minis a real cosmetic feature as opposed to an underutilized disappointment. I would actually buy gemstore minis if I didn’t have to micromanage them. This slot has become essential now that water de-summons some pets! This change is simple has such great ramifications and could easily lead to more players with minipets, more desire for minipets, more money for Anet and more player customization. It just makes sense.

Adding an option in the menu to automatically switch to town clothes when in cities is a similar cosmetic feature that would be fantastic to see and simple to add. These two options together will justify the addition of new town clothes and new pets to the gemstore and would create a huge amount of demand and some interesting new player customisation.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Once.6390

Once.6390

noone is using minis right now please add the mini pet slot

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: bullettohead.9715

bullettohead.9715

Bump for +1

also15characterlimit

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nimmi.1650

Nimmi.1650

Oh my god, yes. +1

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rae.3815

Rae.3815

I loved collecting mini pets in GW1. With this game I have just basically forgotten about them! They just don’t feel worthwhile having or collecting. Some of my green ones in GW1 I loved! In this all the new pets are just stupid cash cows for Anet to milk! Buy our gems! (yes I know you can use gold to get gems, I just don’t like or want to when saving for a precursor… and that’s another debate!) I don’t feel any prestige in having a Gem Store mini pet, or getting lucky with a BLC at events… :/ I don’t know, they just don’t feel the same. I might prefer it if I see people using the mini’s and out in the cities like in GW1. They seem to just get forgot about now days! I like the idea though, I think it might make them a bit more popular!

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bunny.3081

Bunny.3081

My thinking is that maybe with the addition of Polymuck a new interface may arise as the WoW mini pet system.

I’d love a short-term solution to minis in the form of the game remembering which one you have out when you enter a new map. That gets pretty annoying.

But of course I also support the idea of a designated mini slot (or a mini-menu like the ranger pets) so we’re not hogging up bag space.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Autolykos.6142

Autolykos.6142

+1
This would be awesome!

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sentiment.2465

Sentiment.2465

Needs to happen. A-net is lazy enough with the mini-pets as it is, being, they’re not “cute” enough, they’re simply smaller toned down model sizes of already existing mobs. I don’t see why implement mini-pets in the first place if they’re going to half kitten it like this. They disappear when you enter a new area, when you teleport, when you die, when you go underwater, they’re pointless atm.

Fix this please, because I’m a “pet” lover and the thing that I makes me most happy when I play MMO’s is if they have a pet feature and I was excited for this but now I’m just disappointed, but really, it’s an easy fix.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nurvus.2891

Nurvus.2891

Mini-Pets should simply disappear during combat.

I agree it would be nice to have a slot for them, though.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: scottyidol.7981

scottyidol.7981

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: JaxomNC.5381

JaxomNC.5381

+1 I approve that initiave too.

My own original idea would have been to have something like a small top (like F1-F4) or side (left or right of the regular skill bar) skill slot with an arrow that when pressed would show minis from the regular and special collections in the bank (possibly in tabs as incoming set#2 collection and ever increasing special collection would make a single window huge).
When nothing is selected, no mini is active.
The icon of the mini would replace the skill icon when selected and the mini would become active.
There would be a small cooldown timer between changes to avoid spamming.
When a mini is selected, it is automatically activated when entering a new region or teleporting.
The mini slot would be locked in areas where minis are not allowed (if there are any, sPvP?).
Depleting an active mini bank slot (AKA bank slot for that mini contains nothing) would reset the skill to the default “no-mini” state on all characters that has this particular mini selected upon login on that character.
Also mini selection is per character and not per account.

(edited by JaxomNC.5381)

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

There should be a slot in the hero panel with a ‘show/hide’ checkbox.

But it should not be a slot in which you put the item.

It should be a slot to select the one you want. Kind of the like pet selection slots, or the finisher selector.

Clicking the slot should show a list with all existing series of miniatures (first year store miniatures, second year store miniatures, first series of special miniatures, second series of special miniatures, etc)

Click the series you want, and you get a panel with all the miniatures in that series similar to the pet selection panel. The ones you own are colored, and the ones you do not own are grayed.

Click the miniature you want, and it gets selected for the slot without removing it from the bank, so more than one character can use at the same time those miniatures you can get only one of, like Rytlock and the ones from achievements.

Once selected, you would be able to check/unckeck the checkbox on its corner to make the pet automatically spawn when possible.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bonefield.9813

Bonefield.9813

I’m all for something to make minis easier to use. I love mine, but usually don’t bother with them because they’re so difficult to keep out—in WoW, on the other hand, my minipets were a part of my characters’ aesthetics and I collected tons of them.

Another thing that contributes to not having them out much is how far they lag behind the character. I often don’t even see them most of the time unless I’m standing still, because as long as I’m running they’re twenty feet away and off the screen.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Swettham.4839

Swettham.4839

bump great idea, one of the only problems i have with this game

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Psycho Robot.7835

Psycho Robot.7835

This has been suggested over and over since the early access. It’d be nice if anet would publicly comment on it.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lamorak.2568

Lamorak.2568

Minipets seriously need an upgrade. Start with something like, not disappearing every time you die.

Sorrow’s Furnace

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: MadDemon.7548

MadDemon.7548

This is a great idea.

I fully support this implementation.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Null.9743

Null.9743

+1 Adding my support.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Forgara.9172

Forgara.9172

I like the mini pet sot idea more than any idea involving a tab of all mini’s (if it’s done any way like WoW, I’d have to consume the mini and it would no longer have any resale value).

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: strbrz.6938

strbrz.6938

I fully support this!

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: zukka.3016

zukka.3016

+1 100% supporting this