New Class Ideas?

New Class Ideas?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

What’s everyones thought on a new class?
Do you all want one?
Should it’s armor be light, medium, heavy?
What niche role should it aim to fill?
Any other misc thoughts?

New Class Ideas?

in Suggestions

Posted by: GuildWarsPlayer.5608

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

I’m pretty sure you know that I’m going to say Heavy Armor you lil thought reader you.

New Class Ideas?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shaulina.2105

Shaulina.2105

A lancer/ pole arm class

New Class Ideas?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darwinius.4195

Darwinius.4195

I want a class that makes focuses on more damage at a sacrifice of survival or focusing on living rather than doing more damage. Could either be a solo class or a support class. Heavy armor and uses daggers, swords, focuses, staffs, scepters, greatswords, and axes or something like that. One signet I thought of for this post would be like do less damage but gain vitality or toughness and the active could be gain protection and heal. Or a more offensive signet doing more damage with decreased toughness with an active being gain quickness and retaliation. I know I’m just dreaming but I think a class like that would be fun. I still don’t know what it would be called though.

New Class Ideas?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tamora.4603

Tamora.4603

A medium armor caster with a Ritualist’s touch is missing, like the Evocator concept I made some time ago.

New Class Ideas?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ngeluz.4860

Ngeluz.4860

I want a class that makes focuses on more damage at a sacrifice of survival or focusing on living rather than doing more damage. Could either be a solo class or a support class. Heavy armor and uses daggers, swords, focuses, staffs, scepters, greatswords, and axes or something like that. One signet I thought of for this post would be like do less damage but gain vitality or toughness and the active could be gain protection and heal. Or a more offensive signet doing more damage with decreased toughness with an active being gain quickness and retaliation. I know I’m just dreaming but I think a class like that would be fun. I still don’t know what it would be called though.

I agree with the Heavy Class mention here, it almost describe what I posted a few month back of the New Soldier Class I like to see.

New Class Ideas?

in Suggestions

Tamora.4603

Actually there is a whole bunch of ideas for new classes at guildwarsguru some of them are more detailled than others and some of them feasible than others.

The Ritualist (I called my idea for it Evocator) and the kick boxing Monk, like Scholar I suggested, seem to be quite popular, from what I understand. Another one I liked is the Oracle concept I made, which was supposed to be designed for GW1 Monk or WoW Priest players. I’m not so sure about the mechanics of the Sangoma, but I thought it suits to the GW2 concept art I liked a lot.

(edited by Tamora.4603)

New Class Ideas?

in Suggestions

Ngeluz.4860

Actually there is a whole bunch of ideas for new classes at guildwarsguru some of them are more detailled than others and some of them feasible than others.

The Ritualist and the kick boxing Monk, like Scholar I suggested, seem to be quite popular, from what I understand. Another one I liked is the Oracle concept I made, which was supposed to be designed for GW1 Monk or WoW Priest players. I’m not so sure about the mechanics of the Sangoma, but I thought it suits to the GW2 concept art I liked a lot.

Wow, love them all!

New Class Ideas?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hyraltia.4185

Hyraltia.4185

How about all the classes we’re still missing from GW1 that were staples of unique abilities, cough Ritualist, Dervish cough.

New Class Ideas?

in Suggestions

Tamora.4603

Wow, love them all!

Thanks. Regarding the professions from GW1, I think they keep the names, if there is no major change compared to GW1 (e.g. Warrior or Elementalist), but change the name, if they have to adjust characteristic features (e.g. Thief). So I would be surprised to see a Monk or a Ritualist in GW2, because they would have to change characteristic features, as far as I can see. They might bring back certain popular aspects of those professions though, but probably in a new profession. Just my understanding.

The Dervish isn’t really covered by the GW2 professions, I think, but I think they were not too happy with this profession in GW1. Still, it could be possible that a Dervish returns in GW2, maybe with changes to the lore aspect.

New Class Ideas?

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

How about calling them professions first? That’s the proper term.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

New Class Ideas?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Madjon.2657

Madjon.2657

new faction = Dredge Rebel,
new class = Excavator, medium armor, knives ( with new skins that look like corkscrew drills on the ends of their arms) , hammers ( spanner skins), axe ( pick axe type skins).
Skills : molten eruption AOE, earthquakes, jackhammer effects, dynamite, sink holes
Elite skills : 5 man carrier vehicle – goes underground leaving entry point visual 15 secs, is effectively a 10 sec stealth for 5 man with Excavator driving, can’t go through walls etc. Uninteruptible, Exits ground with same in game animation currently ( spruced up) AND leaving visual sign of exit for 15 secs.
Elite Skill : Corkscrew driller — a new Bane of the WvW zerg, Player sits on a big drill, as the big drill moves forward the blood of the enemy lubricates the drill meaning the more nmes there are the further the drill goes thus damaging any large group that is ‘clumped’ ( as the usual unorganized zerg grps are) . Obviously could work in PvE scenarios too. medium damage, 1 sec stun, 3 sec confusion.
Elite Skill : Sink Hole —> large AoE effect, ground appears to sink 3 metres, 1 sec stun, 3 sec confusion. small damage.

New Class Ideas?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doopslayer.2304

Doopslayer.2304

My wild dervish/druid idea!
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/a-better-druid-psuedogypsie-idea/first#post2163452

because a dervish would not work due to different religions, and the class having to be available to all races, I was thinking a nature based dervish offspring that used spirits of wild instead of human gods.

New Class Ideas?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Madjon.2657

Madjon.2657

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/a-better-druid-psuedogypsie-idea/first#post2163452

because a dervish would not work due to different religions, and the class having to be available to all races, I was thinking a nature based dervish offspring that used spirits of wild instead of human gods.

LOVE it!!!
I wasn’t sure about your elite 3, but as long as
A) that player becomes targetable by his own side to destroy AND leaves him/her with original health after death
B) you cannot taget NPC’s – why? because you could get inside a WvW tower etc…

New Class Ideas?

in Suggestions

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

What I think it will be: a heavy armor conglomerate of the GW’s dervish, ritualist, and the unused remnants of the paragon class.

What I want: a bard/minstrel excelling at group buffs.

New Class Ideas?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I don’t want new classes until they have a good handle on the ones they have. New races, yes. New weapons, soon once they’ve fixed some bugs. New classes not at least until the 2nd expansion if ever.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

New Class Ideas?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I would like a shapeshifter with medium/heavy armour. It would be like a mix up of a ritualist and monk. There would be creatures that give you abilities, like the charmeleon would give stealth (level 30 in the trait would mean a longer duration in stealth and such), ashes of some ancient/forgotten king would give retaliation (which would be like revenge – dealing damage back to the source and being immune for a short time) etc.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

New Class Ideas?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

I think we another heavy class is due and like Zoada, I would love to see some form of shapeshifter. because I love shapeshifters. I actually think the versatility of the engineer is what brought me to the class because it is reminiscent of the versatility of a shapeshifter.

New Class Ideas?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mentalhead.5721

Mentalhead.5721

I would like to see a new class with heavy armor, since choosing between Guardian and Warrior isn’t much of a choice.

I hope to see this class using Longbow, Riffle and Hammer, since these are limited only to two classes in the game.

New Class Ideas?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jayw.1045

Jayw.1045

Instead of adding new classes, I’d rather see classes break down into better classes as they advance. Like a tree branch system. 2, than 3.

IE: Thief > Rouge or Assassin . They each get own unique skill sets with weapons like starting from scratch again.
From rouge you can get Infiltrator or Pirate
From Assassin you get Pirate or Ninja

New Class Ideas?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Verminor.7014

Verminor.7014

New Class Ideas?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mist Y.5214

Mist Y.5214

Regarding the professions from GW1, I think they keep the names, if there is no major change compared to GW1 (e.g. Warrior or Elementalist), but change the name, if they have to adjust characteristic features (e.g. Thief).

Mesmer says hi.

New Class Ideas?

in Suggestions

Posted by: redrex.9634

redrex.9634

New Class Ideas?

in Suggestions

Ngeluz.4860

This is actually not a bad Idea, also this class could be literally different depending of the race and their religious belief. I guess it be way to complex to pull of but it be awesome. They could call it Knight or something on those lines.

New Class Ideas?

in Suggestions

Ngeluz.4860

New Class Ideas?

in Suggestions

Tamora.4603

Mesmer says hi.

true, that might have been an exception.

New Class Ideas?

in Suggestions

Posted by: berryblanco.1289

berryblanco.1289

I feel there should be dark magic classes other than necromancer.. I feel they don’t being out the true excitement in black magic other than having power over the undead. My ideas are:

Warlock- specializing in many curses and spells that cause condition damage such as torment, bleeding, poison, paralysis, etc. Powerful shadow magic with many that may involve runic symbols that can be executed in a variety of creative ways.

Demonologist- Summonjng demons from the netherrealm to do your biddin. Executing attacks that involve channeling power from the nether realm inflicting carnage such as green nether flames the entity of a demon to just attack a target at every attempt you execute an attack.

New Class Ideas?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

I call it the tactician

A Heavy class that “attunes” itself to either offense or defensive roles. Its class mechanic would be to have an offensive and defensive attunement that would switch weapon skills based on it . It would have a medium base health and have the following weapons

Main hand
Sword,Axe,

Off hand
Dagger,Shield,Sword,Mace
2 hand
Longbow,Hammer

An example of offensive vs defensive attunements might be

Sword Dagger offense grants a chance at poisoning a foe on dagger strikes and is purely offensive where as Sword Dagger defense grants a chance at stability every so many seconds and has more block/evade skills

New Class Ideas?

in Suggestions

Posted by: technonewt.2907

technonewt.2907

I think it would likely if they ever made another class it’d be heavy because they only have two heavy armor classes. I’d personally like to see a paragon brought back.

New Class Ideas?

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheMaskedGamer.5708

TheMaskedGamer.5708

Hey guys, hope all of you are having a great time in the game. Now some might say doing this might be too soon, but I thought it would be fun discussing it anyway. Lets begin.

First: A new race. Pretty obvious choice would be the Tengu. Even the devs thought of the idea of them being one of the original five playable races, but decided to make the Sylvari instead.

Second: New Profession. I have been thinking for a while, and I was thinking that the only possible choice for the new expansion is the Monk profession.

Now in the previous game, the Monk was the main healer of the game. Now I know that in reality the Guardian pretty much is the successor to the Monk, but I think it should be a new revamped version that can be as versatile as all the other classes.

My version can be summed up as the almost stereotypical bad-kitten kungkittenmovie kind of Monks that can fight using various styles of martial arts and techniques. Almost a mix of a few mechanics like the Thief, Engineer and Warrior. Lets me explain.

Monk would be a light armor class that specializes in fighting up close and personal with only a few way to fight at long range using Chi or Ki to fire powerful blasts. May have a higher natural toughness rating than all of the other scholar classes. Might even rival medium armor ratings. Similar to the Warrior, the Monk can charge up its Ki meter while fighting and defeating enemies. Or like Thief it could recharge over time. It depends on the balance. I know that one thing is to have a “Meditate” Skill to charge the meter faster. The Ki meter can be used for a few abilities like amplifying his melee abilities and for his long range, Fireball attacks.

What did I mean about similarities with the Engineer? Well instead of Kits, I introduce Styles or Stances. In that case the only weapons he could use are swords(can Dual Wield), Axes (can Dual Wield) and Staff (the only time a Staff is used as a melee weapon. Probably a good choice for AoE melee in my opinion). The Stances can vary between Heavy defensive, Fast Light strikes, etc. Mechanic wise, I’ll leave it up to the devs.

A few attacks I’ve thought would be awesome and practical are the following:

Dragon Kick: A Flying Kick that can reach an enemy from a distance that can do good damage and dizzy an opponent.

Dual Palm Strike: A close range attack that can knock back an enemy. Similar to Yun from Street Fighter.

Leg Sweep: Self expanatory, knocks down an opponent.

Parry: Blocks a move and do a counter move that could cripple an opponent.(Maybe)

…..just try to think of every possible Kungkittenmove and martial art techniques (And yes even WirekittenXD) and try to apply it in gameplay and stuff.

Thats all I can think for now, Ill probably edit the post later for more ideas, but for now here it is. If any of you have more suggestions, post away. Thank you guys, hope you like. As for the Devs, keep up the good work, and see if this could inspire something for the next updates to the game.

New Class Ideas?

in Suggestions

Posted by: cam.8712

cam.8712

New class ? seriously ?

Everything is a joke ever since the toxic alliance

Methyus

New Class Ideas?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drazerg.8956

Drazerg.8956

I’m not sure how well it would work out for Anet to balance another class, if it is a viable option however, fill in the last heavy armor class. Although I am not for extra classes

I would however like more weapons and weapon combination.
Or maybe Weapon Class exclusive Such as…

Warrior – Lance(Main hand)
Guardian – Greatshield(Main hand)
Engineer – Toolbelt( Two handed)
Thief – Claw(Either hand)
Ranger – Crossbow(Either hand)
Mesmer – Orb(Main Hand) Book/Mirror(Offhand)
Elementalist – Elemental Torch(Offhand)
Necromancer – Skull (Offhand)

The ones with less weapon combinations are Thief, Mesmer and Necro and could use an extra weapon, Although, Engineer, Warrior and Elementalist are fine as is.

New Class Ideas?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

Wow, love them all!

The Dervish isn’t really covered by the GW2 professions, I think, but I think they were not too happy with this profession in GW1. Still, it could be possible that a Dervish returns in GW2, maybe with changes to the lore aspect.

The derv is around, spell casting tank.. guard. They remvoed the robes, and removed the scythe (except for staff skins which aint good enough imo) and upgraded to heavy armor.. but the overall concept is closer to derv than say, a monk tank because the guard isnt totally devoid of damage :P

My personal choice is the original ranger (total ranged dps and annoying all evade builds, not chained to a pet in any way at all), and original ele… gotta say i’m hardcore disappointed in what those 2 turned out to be (gimme my dual attuned lightning hammer, or invoke/chain lightning and we all know exactly where you can shove your earth, water and fire