New Condition - Forsaken

New Condition - Forsaken

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nurvus.2891

Nurvus.2891

Poison already reduces healing taken
I think it would be interesting to have a condition that prevents or absorbs Boons.

I see this as some kind of “curse” with a holy/unholy theme.

In addition, Guardian lacks a stacking damage condition, and none of the existing ones would really make sense.

Forsaken

• Effect: Deals damage over time and prevents target from receiving Boons by sacrificing 5 stacks per Boon it prevents. Stacks up to 25.
  • Damage per Second: ~75% of Bleed.
  • Duration: Same as Bleed.
  • Professions: Mesmer, Necromancer, Guardian.
  • EDIT: Certain types of Boons might consume different amounts of Forsaken stacks.

This means everytime a Boon is applied to a unit suffering from Forsaken, 5 stacks of Forsaken are removed instead.
This means that despite the Boon being ignored, it will at least lower the damage from Forsaken.
If Forsaken only has 4 or less stacks, neither Forsaken is removed, nor the Boon is prevented.

(edited by Nurvus.2891)

New Condition - Forsaken

in Suggestions

Posted by: Error.6290

Error.6290

No, srsly it would be to strong. “oh ur geting focused let’s remove that 33% reduce dmg buff u got and block it so u take full dmg”
And some Classes and runes even traits rely on Some boon or stacking boons. so whit this new condition they would be totaly usless. so It wound destory more then it adds to the game. alot more

New Condition - Forsaken

in Suggestions

Nurvus.2891

So you’re saying that a coordinated “focus someone down” + “remove boon” + “apply forsaken” would be OP?
That much coordination deserves good results.

The opposing side can also have coordination:
“remove conditions” +"apply aegis/block/protection/etc" + “heal up”

New Condition - Forsaken

in Suggestions

Posted by: Error.6290

Error.6290

It would still add tons of job for Arenanet. since they need to remake all abilitys or classes who some how have Boon “specs” Let’s say this rune in PvP Don’t know the name but it buffs Dur and dmg done when having might buffs up. That will be usless if they add “Forsaken de-buff”
if i am also not misstaken Ranger or elemental have a trai that gives them bonus dmg per boon active. also usless in PvP.

New Condition - Forsaken

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dutchares.6084

Dutchares.6084

Problem with this some classes like the guardian are realy depended on boons.
Removing them they are just realy weak warriors.
You will nerf them to much.

New Condition - Forsaken

in Suggestions

Nurvus.2891

Problem with this some classes like the guardian are realy depended on boons.
Removing them they are just realy weak warriors.
You will nerf them to much.

Small enough duration would make this condition reasonable.
Furthermore, removing conditions on yourself would solve it.

I’m just saying it’d be an interesting new mechanic.

There might even be abilities that give you a powerful bonus but inflict forsaken on yourself.

New Condition - Forsaken

in Suggestions

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

What if it just blocked their effects over the duration, rather than removing or preventing the use of them?

New Condition - Forsaken

in Suggestions

Nurvus.2891

Well I don’t suggest removal – that’s handled by boon removal.
I just suggested it prevents applying boons.

Your counter-suggestion isn’t bad per se, but somewhat functions as a temporary boon removal.

I think my suggestion offers more skill based gameplay, because just like poison blocks healing, forsaken blocks boons – forcing the enemy to play differently (condition removal, etc).

Your suggestion would just make players not suffer much from applying boons at the wrong time, since forsaken would wear off and nothing bad really happened.

New Condition - Forsaken

in Suggestions

Nurvus.2891

Perhaps this might be a stacking Condition.
Each time someone attempts to apply a Boon to a unit affected by Forsaken, it removes 1 stack of Forsaken instead.
So 5 stacks of forsaken = 5 boons are “absorbed”.
The duration/damage would be smaller than Bleed, ofcourse.

Editing original post.

New Condition - Forsaken

in Suggestions

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

Next someone suggests a condition called “Cursed” that transforms every boon your enemy tries to put on them into opposive condition.
(e.g.: regen -> poison; protection -> vulnerability; etc.)

What I personally would like to see is something into the direction of “disorientation” which switches your movement controls for a certain time. (usually to opposite direction)

But this? This is indeed, as mentioned before, overpowered. Especially against Guardian.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

(edited by GreenNekoHaunt.8527)

New Condition - Forsaken

in Suggestions

Nurvus.2891

Well, I’ve thought about it and a short duration like Burn would be more appropriate.

As for your movement switching idea – awesome. It’d make the game more skill based, too.
Perhaps the ideal name for it would be Panic or Jinx.

(edited by Nurvus.2891)

New Condition - Forsaken

in Suggestions

Nurvus.2891

I have revamped and improved the idea.
Please tell me what you think of it.
I really think Guardians could use a stacking condition, and Necromancers could use some more “Unholy” themed condition.

New Condition - Forsaken

in Suggestions

Nurvus.2891

It would still add tons of job for Arenanet. since they need to remake all abilitys or classes who some how have Boon “specs” Let’s say this rune in PvP Don’t know the name but it buffs Dur and dmg done when having might buffs up. That will be usless if they add “Forsaken de-buff”
if i am also not misstaken Ranger or elemental have a trai that gives them bonus dmg per boon active. also usless in PvP.

ANet already plans on adding new skills.
Forsaken would be a nice candidate for future Necromancer, Guardian, Mesmer, Ritualist and Dervish skills.

Hehe.

New Condition - Forsaken

in Suggestions

Nurvus.2891

Updated the suggestion.
The default amount of stacks consumed would be 5.
Alternatively, each type of Boon would consume a different amount of stacks, representing that Boon’s importance.

New Condition - Forsaken

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Sure, let’s give Mesmer and Guardian a new toy. Power to the holy trinity!

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

New Condition - Forsaken

in Suggestions

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

forsaken sounds like it would be a effect that took place when you weren’t in close proximity to allies – kinda like your allies have forsaken you, you panic and baby cats go everywhere

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement