Please don't get rid of magic find stats!

in Suggestions

Posted by: RollingBob.8502

RollingBob.8502

this is now my third foray into experimenting with magic find, and finally I think I have it figured out!

The whole give/take with MF gear is a great trade-off, having to give up a major stat to get a small MF stat. Makes the game more challenging and ups the reward for doing it.

The only thing I wish was there was a stat set with MF, Power and Healing, but I’m fine with what we get now.

The new celestial gear has been a good substitute for part of the normal explorer gear, again some tradeoff but some added reward (and the mix n match flexibility is nice).

I’ve figured out how to avoid diminishing returns from bogging me down, and I see now how a bot would be hard pressed to get around it. But with my new method and an average of about 135% I am getting a bonus chest about every 3-5 minutes, lots of times two or three from one little encounter. Awesome!

The only drawback is that with the living story content, those rares are often kite tokens or voting ballots, but I can live with that., I think I have 500 votes set for Evon this week LOL!

So please Anet, I know you want to revamp things, but this IS NOT BROKEN and it is not something a bot can really take advantage of easily. Please rethink your plans, or at least insure that we still have the option to outfit for increased reward by giving up some other stats. It WORKS PERFECTLY!!!!!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

The problem with MF gear is that you get more for doing less, which really sucks for others playing with you, especially in dungeons and such. That’s the reason.

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Absolutionis.9427

Absolutionis.9427

It’s broken in parties.

Every other stat in the game benefits the entire party in some way or another. You either kill the enemy better, or you prevent the party from dying. Magicfind is a stat that disadvantages the entire party due to sub-par stats and only benefits YOU.

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

MF gear would work only if its an additional plus stat that weakens other stats slightly.
Arenanet’s point is right tho…
Maybe they should improve AP reward percents instead.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Absolutionis.9427

Absolutionis.9427

MF gear would work only if its an additional plus stat that weakens other stats slightly.

No MF already exists in a form that weakens the party only to benefit the individual wearer. Adding a wishy-washy “slightly” threshold is meaningless when you’re only lessening the problem.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I hope you realize that getting a kite fortune or support token isn’t quite the same as getting a rare item.

When this event is over, you’re not going to be seeing rares in place of all the kite fortunes/support tokens you’ve been seeing.

in Suggestions

RollingBob.8502

If it really gave you more for less why aren’t you using it as a personal advantage instead of trying to dictate how you think others should be enjoying themselves? Voyeur much? Get real. It replaces a major stat and it wouldn’t even be worth using in a dungeon repetitively.

in Suggestions

RollingBob.8502

I hope you realize that getting a kite fortune or support token isn’t quite the same as getting a rare item.

When this event is over, you’re not going to be seeing rares in place of all the kite fortunes/support tokens you’ve been seeing.

They will likely be orbs and crests, that is okay. I don’t think I have ever pulled a bonus chest that didn’t have a yellow something in it.

in Suggestions

Tuomir.1830

Because I don’t like being selfish, that’s why. I actually do have a MF set, for solo farming for materials. But, while I would never use it in a dungeon, some people would, and having a “selfish stat” goes against the cooperative nature of the game. You’re getting kitten over us stating the reasons why Anet is removing it, I don’t recall judging you at any point. Though it is amusing to see you get so worked up.

in Suggestions

RollingBob.8502

You are the one lumping everyone into the “selfish” category even though you seem to think you are somehow better than everyone because you think have some sort of moral code that no one else has. “do as I say not as I do”. Right.

Besides, aren’t you being selfish yourself by not wanting others to maximize their gains? You aren’t forced to group with anyone you don’t want to, why do you want me to meet your grouping criteria unless you have a nanny complex?

Good lord, do you nanny types realize how seriously condescending you are? Like the people who complain things are too easy but wouldn’t dream of running a dungeon in all whites.

Magic find is a wonderful stat, it doesn’t affect anyone else’s drop rates at all.

in Suggestions

Tuomir.1830

So very amusing. Tell me, how does “some people” translate to “everyone” in that mind of yours? And did I ever say anything about what I want or not want? I merely stated the reasoning behind the decision Anet made. And no matter what you say, it’s a selfish stat, it does nothing to help your allies, instead leaving the one with it with a liability in combat, weakening the overall party. From how defensive you act, it’s almost as if you were afraid someone might look badly at you because you use MF! Truly amusing!

in Suggestions

Esplen.3940

They will likely be orbs and crests, that is okay. I don’t think I have ever pulled a bonus chest that didn’t have a yellow something in it.

No, all those chests wouldn’t contain orbs and crests. You wouldn’t get all those crests.

Let me put it to you plainly, event items are added to global drop rates. This means that when you kill a mob and it rolls for loot, you’re getting event items at a rate very similar to common items, like Needles and Broken Lockpicks and Glob of Globby Goo. It’s not quite as high a drop rate as those items, but it’s a very noticeable drop rate.

The only reason why they appear in chests is because the color of the item themselves is rare, not because the items are rare during the looting process.

Let me tell this to you one more time, because I don’t think you’re going to get it…
KITE FORTUNES AND SUPPORT TOKENS ARE NOT RARE DROPS, THEY ARE SIMPLY YELLOW ITEMS.

If you want me to continue, I’ll start explaining how Precursors aren’t dropped at the same droprate as other Exotic items, even when using 4 Exotics (of the same type) in the Mystic Forge.

in Suggestions

RollingBob.8502

So your stats no have to help your allies or it is somehow selfish? I would turn that around and say it is quite selfish of you to expect an ally to depend on stats that benefit you, without considering the other variables (I think you would find that I can be a pretty good teammate regardless of how I geared, compared to some).

But I must and do apologize for my tone, I am defensive, it has taken me awhile to find the best way to avoid what I felt was DR, which I am now convinced of. I have a sore spot about MMOs that seem to devolve into cookie cutter raidgrindfails.

please accept my apologies for allowing my emotions to get the better of me. I know I won’t have any effect and just wanted to shout my opinion, for all the good it won’t do.

in Suggestions

RollingBob.8502

No, all those chests wouldn’t contain orbs and crests. You wouldn’t get all those crests.

Let me put it to you plainly, event items are added to global drop rates. This means that when you kill a mob and it rolls for loot, you’re getting event items at a rate very similar to common items, like Needles and Broken Lockpicks and Glob of Globby Goo. It’s not quite as high a drop rate as those items, but it’s a very noticeable drop rate.

The only reason why they appear in chests is because the color of the item themselves is rare, not because the items are rare during the looting process.

Let me tell this to you one more time, because I don’t think you’re going to get it…
KITE FORTUNES AND SUPPORT TOKENS ARE NOT RARE DROPS, THEY ARE SIMPLY YELLOW ITEMS.

If you want me to continue, I’ll start explaining how Precursors aren’t dropped at the same droprate as other Exotic items, even when using 4 Exotics (of the same type) in the Mystic Forge.

So please explain what would be in those chests? I have never seen one with anything other than a yellow “something”. needles and lockpicks are not yellow. I do understand linked lists and how they are used to traverse loot tables very well, but from a practical enbd standpoint I am seeing tons of the little bonus chests and they always have (and always have had for me since they started appearing) a yellow item. I call them rares based on color, forgive my nonchalant nomenclature.

And yes I do see a huge increase in the drop rate of “normal” loot, like materials, trophies, whatever.

in Suggestions

Tuomir.1830

Allow me. When RNG picks a number in your favor for your drops, the game checks the rarity for the items you can loot. If the loot includes at least one item with the rarity rare, instead of just a shining corpse, the loot marker will be a wooden chest. If it has an exotic, the loot marker will be a metal chest. The chest is just that, a marker that tells you got something special.

in Suggestions

Esplen.3940

Thank you Tuomir.

It shows as a Wooden Chest BECAUSE you got an item that is Yellow. You didn’t get an item that is Yellow because you got a Wooden Chest.

Even though Kite Fortunes and Support Tokens are Yellow (Rare), their droprates are hardly rare, in fact they have a chance of dropping nearly equivalent to that of Fine (Blue) items. The only reason you are getting Wooden Chests are BECAUSE THEY ARE YELLOW.

If there are no event items in the drops, you wouldn’t see that many chests, period.

in Suggestions

RollingBob.8502

That doesn’t make sense to me on the surface, because a good portion of those kites and ballots came with no chest. They also occur with and without the verbal cue (“What a find!”) with and without the chest. Unless you are saying that the ones in chests came from a rare loot column and the ones that didn’t came from another column that just happened to have yellows in it (for the LS event)…I guess that would make sense if the chest were both column triggered and color triggered. Please go on.

in Suggestions

Tuomir.1830

Well, the voting tickets come in two forms – as consumable bags that hold them, and as the tickets themselves, and the bags are of common rarity if I remember right.

Also, you might have looted the items faster than the chest could have appeared, or you might have looted them from other sources than enemies, such as from the kite baskets.

in Suggestions

Esplen.3940

AoE Looting will loot things you don’t always see.

in Suggestions

RollingBob.8502

I am definitely talking about raw kites and ballots and not the loyalty reminder bags.

Until two days ago I definitely was spamming the loot key, and with the new AoE looting that was skewing my perceptions, admittedly. My goal at that time was just to measure drops of any kind because DR was my concern. and I was grabbing the loot and vaporizing the chests before the cloud even dissipated, as you would imagine. But the last two days I have been very careful to allow the chest itself to materialize and the vapor to clear after each battle to see what was coming from the chests. Like I said, the yellows appeared with and without the chests, with and without the verbal cue both ways.

For whakittens worth I have gathered maybe a dozen or two dozen rare pieces of gear (I don’t know the total as I salvage anything “plain” looking immediately and only saved maybe 10 or so with skins I might want later).

in Suggestions

Esplen.3940

Please show proof of looting a Support Token or Kite Fortune without a Chest as they should/do not get looted without one. Try turning off AoE looting, as well.

in Suggestions

RollingBob.8502

I have no idea how I would prove that. I can’t believe that anyone regularly playing would not have seen this though.

Like I said, if it is tied to a column roll and only the columns normally containing a yellow would have the ability to spawn a chest, and the event items were added to all columns, then I can see how this would be the norm, and how the chest spawn rate would also be increased.

If I understand what Tuomir is saying that is the only way can reconcile it.

But you have a point, next set of experiments will be with loot off. Though I have just checked to be sure and I have 10 rares stashed for skins and have used 5 BL kits, which means since Monday I have gathered 15 total rares, all PvE and no meta events. Monday was not a productive day in Tyria either, so the bulk came in the last three days. I have never seen this much dropping this freely. I have no way to to tell how much of anything else dropped except to say that by mid-game Tuesday I felt I had figured out a good strategy to insure I got a drop of something on almost every corpse. That was originally what I was after, to see if I could tell when drops of any kind started thinning out, and I think I did.

If anyone is curious, I now seriously discount the comment that DR should not affect the average player. I think it does.

in Suggestions

Esplen.3940

DR is extremely noticeable to the normal player in PvE. Unless you’re 100%ing a map or farming events/world bosses, you’re going to get hit by it.

in Suggestions

RollingBob.8502

It hits pretty fast too. Doing an event a second time seems to bring it on quickly for sure.

I really really hope there are no special items in the queen’s event so I can see what vanilla farming does.

To capture footage, do you have any recommendations on an app? I really would like to prove I am not crazy and showing just one kite without a chest would do that.

in Suggestions

Esplen.3940

Fraps works well enough, you can always just turn on recording before you loot, then delete it if it wasn’t there. (Free version is 30 secs which is enough).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

How about staying ontopic?
I doubt anyone but the developers know how excatly the drop mechanics work.

[ Ontopic ]
Alot egoistic people are complaining now. ANet has acknowledged their fail implementation with the current MF system. While it’s fine when soloing, it’s contraproductive when teaming. When I find out that someone in the party is using MF gear in tight situations, I won’t invite him a second time.
It is as the others said, you drag the party down and get rewarded for it. And that’s what ANet didn’t intend. Even soloing when doing difficult events (grenth and such), you drag your whole server down with MF. You make the event scale up but only do half as much as others. If everyone’d wear full MF equip some events/ dungeons wouldn’t be possible to complete.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wraith.9426

Wraith.9426

MF gear is one of the reasons people ask to ping gear in some dungeons. You are slowing everyone else down, and in turn lowering their gold/hour gains, in order to increase yours. So yes, you are basically stealing from everyone you group with when you wear magic find in dungeons. You’re stealing their time, which could have been spent earning more gold.

Blackgate ~~[Ons]laught~~

in Suggestions

Esplen.3940

Wraith, I have yet to see non speed run dungeon groups with pugs that request players to ping gear and I have been PUGing for the past 7 months.

While it can be a reason to request a ping (and it was an issue at one point, notably when Dev’s were trying to inform players that MF did not affect chests, but groups that I joined/saw did not require you to ping on entry) your context of MF gear and getting pinged is way off.

In regards to gold/hour, there are typically only 2 dungeons for that. CoF P1 and CoE (daily all paths for quick coin + charged core/lodestone + tokens). You can also add in a few AC paths, HotW, CoF P2 and Arah P3, but CoF P1 is still faster, for the most part.

tl;dr: Magic Find does not increase your earnings in dungeons.

Now, I know that that sentence is wrong, but for the most part it applies to the game. Magic Find only increases your gains off of looting a mob, not chests or bags. Dungeons do not give you a higher chance of getting rares/exotics, so having Magic Find will only slightly increase your chances, but it’s at a rate that’s laughable.

Why is it laughable? Because you’re pitting yourself against mobs that are meant to be tackled with 5 players only to get drops equivalent to what you’d find out in the open-world.

Back to Wraith’s post, wearing Magic Find does slow down a group, but anything that is not meant for a super-speed run will also slow down a group. Even Divinity Runes will slow the group down (Ruby Orbs are better specifically for higher damage).

The context of your post is wrong because gold/hour is based off, in dungeons, speed, not loot (unless you’re doing CoE, but that’s speed AND loot). Wearing Magic Find gear will not improve your gold/hour (it will actually hinder it), unless you find a balance. Of course, that would require a lot of theorycrafting to balance. For a simple explanation, you’re making the group go slower for a chance at getting more gold than you would normally.

Specifically for CoF, in a run, I’ll kill 4 mobs that drop loot (2 mobs at start, 2 bosses).
Now let’s say you’re running Magic Find Gear and Food (no banners, or other boosts/sigils/etc).

You’re going to have 197% Magic Find (+ Achievement Point Magic Find). Let’s just round that for simplicity. You now have 200% Magic Find.

Say an Exotic has a 1/1000 chance of being looted. You now have a 3/1000 chance of getting an Exotic item. The probability of you looting an Exotic with a 1/1000 chance while looting off 4 mobs is 0.4% (assuming they all have the same rate of dropping an Exotic). With a 3/1000 chance it’s 1.2% (yeah, no duh it’s 3x).

If slowing a group down for an additional 0.8% chance at getting an item is worth it, then Magic Find gear in CoF P1 is worth it. Keep in mind that I do not have actual Exotic drop rates and they are most likely lower than that for the actual dungeon run considering the first 2 mobs are not Champions.

Lastly, you have to keep in mind that not all Exotics are equal, and so you have a chance at getting a worthless Exotic (especially since the mobs are level 75, not 80-83).

in Suggestions

Posted by: berko.8605

berko.8605

The way I see it, Magic Find should be shared with the party once you party up. It should take the average MF number of all party members and use that as a party MF. This way everyone gets the same benefits without being penalized too much.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nurvus.2891

Nurvus.2891

If it really gave you more for less why aren’t you using it as a personal advantage instead of trying to dictate how you think others should be enjoying themselves? Voyeur much? Get real. It replaces a major stat and it wouldn’t even be worth using in a dungeon repetitively.

If it exists and gives an advantage, 99% of players will use it, regardless of how much it screws others.
That’s the way things go.

The stat doesn’t make the game more fun.
It gives you MORE loot for being LESS effective.

In some cases, you’ll even be getting less Loot over time – because, hypotetically speaking, getting 40% better loot, but killing 33% slower, results in less overall loot.

It’s not great solo, and it sucks in groups – for others.
It’s a great stat for selfish players.
It’s a stat that promotes the worst kind of behavior, such as leeching.
No one will miss it.

ANet will be doing all GW2 players a GREAT service by making MF account-bound and passive, and removing that cancer of a stat from gear.

(edited by Nurvus.2891)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

It’s broken in parties.

Every other stat in the game benefits the entire party in some way or another. You either kill the enemy better, or you prevent the party from dying. Magicfind is a stat that disadvantages the entire party due to sub-par stats and only benefits YOU.

I always do everything with 150~160% MF including dungeons and I never had a problem.
I traded my defence for MF and kept the offensive and STILL I’ve been in a situation where all the others get killed and I’m left do finish the boss alone.
Am I to blame? NO. If you can’t guarantee your survival don’t make any excuses.
You can only complain about MF dragging the party down IF the player using it keeps dying, if he doesn’t (like me personally) there’s nothing you can say about it.
At best, and this is a very slim complain, you can be “upset” if the playing is not using full zerker gear for the dungeon to be quicker, that’s it.

In short, MF only benefits the player using it, BUT, it only handicaps the players using it too, I have to work harder not to get killed and if never go down (proven by the 25 stacks of the MF sigil) there’s nothing you can say about it.

(…)The whole give/take with MF gear is a great trade-off, having to give up a major stat to get a small MF stat. Makes the game more challenging and ups the reward for doing it.
(…)
But with my new method and an average of about 135% I am getting a bonus chest about every 3-5 minutes, lots of times two or three from one little encounter. Awesome!
(…)
So please Anet, I know you want to revamp things, but this IS NOT BROKEN and it is not something a bot can really take advantage of easily. Please rethink your plans, or at least insure that we still have the option to outfit for increased reward by giving up some other stats. It WORKS PERFECTLY!!!!!!

It is a great trade off, and if you think about it it’s like the hard mode people have been asking for, and it’s there since day one.

About the rewards listen to someone that’s been using it for the last 10 months (7 for the full set), the drops are not that significant, reality is you get the living story ones one way or the other, dropping a rare/exotic item after a trash mob is still pretty hard, I did got a precursor and abyss dye already, would I have gotten them without MF?

Lastly ANET is not gonna back down now, they’ve been working on this for a while now so you just have to take it.
Question is, what does that mean for my gear?
Am I getting my money back or turn the gear into something that will apply that amount of MF to my account?
Will I have 150+MF on my account like I use now?
At the end of the day it’s just nerfing, the cry babies that never used it because they didn’t wanna open hand of a major stat will now get it without sweating, for people like me that had to work hard all this time it just seems unfair.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

in Suggestions

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Please DO get rid of MF. I am sick and tired of other players weighing down the team by using bad gear just because they are greedy and selfish.

Anets proposed ideas look fantastic to me. If you earn your MF you will still have it.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in Suggestions

Nurvus.2891

Dean Calaway – not saying this is your case – but surviving at the cost of doing significantly less damage.
Lower defense means you need to be extra careful, wich will lead most players to play in a way that barely contributes with damage.

Now imagine no one in the party uses MF.
As a result, everyone is doing things at full power.

Now, alternatively, imagine MF is averaged in the party, wich prevents players from leeching.
This would also be a decent alternative.

What ANet is doing, is the best of both worlds:
Everyone plays at the max.
Everyone gets MF as well.

What implications will this have in the Economy? Not really thinking about it, yet.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Because I don’t like being selfish, that’s why. I actually do have a MF set, for solo farming for materials. But, while I would never use it in a dungeon, some people would, and having a “selfish stat” goes against the cooperative nature of the game. You’re getting kitten over us stating the reasons why Anet is removing it, I don’t recall judging you at any point. Though it is amusing to see you get so worked up.

Same here. For each one of us that only use MF set for solo farming, there are many others that blatantly lie about their sets when entering a dungeon/fractal group and end up dragging back the whole group. Quite frankly, it is like entering a high level Fractal with no AR but pinging through chat codes gear that do have AR. This is not okay.
I am hoping that my MF set will be replaced by something useful and become acc. bound instead of soulbound, since I already have an exotic main set for the character that have the MF set, which is only rare.
Worst case scenario, to the Mystic Toilet it goes, I guess.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bane.9317

Bane.9317

I like how you all are attacking it by “It hurts people in parties… blah blah blah” he was talking about out and killing stuff and being able to essentially farm mats for the player instead of paying the OVERLY ridiculous TP prices from people who have MUCH MORE TIME but do the EXACT thing with MF. Leave it so that people can have a set that is APTLY called “Explorers.” I myself have played on my warrior, with a full set of MF gear, and my guardian which i didn’t bother to put MF gear on, in the same area, and the drops are SIGNIFICANTLY better so that i can take care of myself trying to get 400 in all the crafting pros. But OBVIOUSLY ANET is going to do whatever they want to do, BECAUSE MF is apparently “Breaking parties” although my buddies and myself farm arah for drops in MF gear… So don’t blame the gear, blame the player. (they gave us a dodge button already/heals/absorbs/blocks/stuns/etc/etc/etc)

in Suggestions

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

You guys hate me because I was doing what Anet said, which was play how I want to play. Well, stuff that hate right back up your rabbit hole, slugger. Wasted energy. I am still going to maximize my MF any way possible. So, suck it dry.

I always do everything with 150~160% MF including dungeons and I never had a problem.
I traded my defence for MF and kept the offensive and STILL I’ve been in a situation where all the others get killed and I’m left do finish the boss alone.
Am I to blame? NO. If you can’t guarantee your survival don’t make any excuses.
You can only complain about MF dragging the party down IF the player using it keeps dying, if he doesn’t (like me personally) there’s nothing you can say about it.
At best, and this is a very slim complain, you can be “upset” if the playing is not using full zerker gear for the dungeon to be quicker, that’s it.

It is a great trade off, and if you think about it it’s like the hard mode people have been asking for, and it’s there since day one.

About the rewards listen to someone that’s been using it for the last 10 months (7 for the full set), the drops are not that significant, reality is you get the living story ones one way or the other, dropping a rare/exotic item after a trash mob is still pretty hard, I did got a precursor and abyss dye already, would I have gotten them without MF?

Lastly ANET is not gonna back down now, they’ve been working on this for a while now so you just have to take it.
Question is, what does that mean for my gear?
Am I getting my money back or turn the gear into something that will apply that amount of MF to my account?
Will I have 150+MF on my account like I use now?
At the end of the day it’s just nerfing, the cry babies that never used it because they didn’t wanna open hand of a major stat will now get it without sweating, for people like me that had to work hard all this time it just seems unfair.

I agree 100%. Happened to me many many times. Last man standing in MF gear even though I was melee’ing with the rest of them.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Just one thing… They are not removing MF from the game completely. There will be a new system that uses consumables to raise your account’s MF. Let’s wait and see what will happen to our MF sets. What if they let people that have soulbound MF sets salvage these sets to obtain said consumables? I would be ok with that.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Suggestions

RollingBob.8502

Because I started this I feel compelled to make a huge post.

First, I originally allowed my enthusiasm to overwhelm my message; please people, I was wrong, don’t follow my lead. I applaud the original responders for steering me towards a more civil track, it may go unnoticed but I noticed, if it makes a difference. Thank you.

Second, I must say that my experience in grouping in this game has been as negative as any other MMO. One on one you would find I keep an open TS server, I am fairly competent in most environments given any random class and build; I am a believer in consensus but only after the “bond” has been established; I won’t go craft something for one run but given a group that likes to talk and to help, and most importantly organize, I am happy to find a niche that I can feel is acceptable, and play a given role. This game, along with any other, does not foster that mindset to my satisfaction. I generally enjoy solo and if other lone wolves happen by while I am futively trying to stay alive, that to me is more in the spirit of the stated altruistic objectives.

I have a tendency to look down my nose at the uber raidgrind players, but I admit circumstance has often forced them to be picky. I would ask them to forgive that and pug more, while I atone by trying to group more, although I do not have any interest in joining anyone’s guild or committing to set play schedules. That is a grind factor I don’t have any interest in, and don’t want to see.

I disagree with the ethical objections against MF but I’ll leave it at that.

To the point, I spent some time this morning pursuing chest spawning with looting off, and dammit if I got two chests in an hour. Such is the fickleness of the RMG goddess.

HOWEVER, in that setup I noticed something that may have skewed my evaluation, I’m not afraid to admit; while one chest had the happy white cloud, the second chest did not, which tells me that my initial perception of what did and di not get a chest were further skewed and not applicable because I was auto looting. I’m okay admitting that; I still would like to see the stat stay, maybe nixed for instances to make both groups happy, but my evaluation is now more suspect.

A final parting note is that whatever happens, I think I am on the minority, but I do share the concerns of those who have invested in MF gear, to wit: what happens to that stat: I hate legendary PVT stats, and would like to see something outside the box; Pow/pre/heal is something I could work with for instance. Especially on my new celestial stuff.

in Suggestions

Posted by: hakunamatata.9540

hakunamatata.9540

i dont want it.magicfind.no need

in Suggestions

Esplen.3940

Just keep in mind that Arenanet has not stated that they will (or will not) just destroy anything and everything that has Magic Find tied to it. They’re simply creating a different system. How they mesh is all unknown.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

One more support vote for the overdue MF semi- abolishment.
Getting (statistically) more reward for contributing less to a groups success supports an antisocial play style. I’ve seen too many situations in PUGs with members suspecting or directly accusing each other of wearing MF gear.
Thanks ANet, for listening to the majority of your customers.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Delete MF stats from gear. Use food and account magic find only.

in Suggestions

Nurvus.2891

I think both MF and Experience should be an “extra” bonus in Food.
Which means Food should give 2 combat stats + xp + mf.

If player A is using food that gives 2 combat stats, and player B uses food that gives 1 combat stat + MF, it’s just the same as having MF replacing 1 stat in gear.

There should be absolutely nothing in the game where you are able to choose MF over combat stats.

in Suggestions

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

It’s broken in parties.

it really boggles the mind they thought it was a good idea to add this stat in the first place
i keep telling people: gw2 is not gw1 sequel — it is a standard mmo with a thin coat of gw

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

I think both MF and Experience should be an “extra” bonus in Food.
Which means Food should give 2 combat stats + xp + mf.

If player A is using food that gives 2 combat stats, and player B uses food that gives 1 combat stat + MF, it’s just the same as having MF replacing 1 stat in gear.

There should be absolutely nothing in the game where you are able to choose MF over combat stats.

Food is optional, armour isn’t. Runes on your gear can be a key to your unique build, while food isn’t big of a deal. I rather see a support guardian or elementalist with a full healing rune to give the party extra heal than MF. Food can’t do that much difference and it’s optional.

Look at this: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Flock

165 extra healing power, 10% chance when attacked to summon a bird that cause blindness, when using a healing skill nearby allies are healed for a small amount (10 sec cd).

in Suggestions

Esplen.3940

Neither runes or food are going to break your build. They can, however, make your build [work better].

in Suggestions

Nurvus.2891

Zoid, are you somehow disagreeing that it’s simply better to make MF “extra” stuff found in consumables?
Are you saying it’s okay to have MF compete for 1 combat stat?
Please explain to me why it’s not okay on armor, but suddenly it’s fine on consumables.
How is it any different?

I provide a simple solution – make it an extra.
Please provide a better one.