Ranger pets grow as they level.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Risika.8621

Risika.8621

Like topic says. In GW1 ranger pets would grow bigger as they leveled. I don’t believe they do in GW2. I am so jealous that Eir has such a huge beautiful wolf as a pet but mine are small puppies. I would rather my wolves and other pets look a bit more ferocious as we have gone through a lot together to save Tyria.

Risika – 80 Ranger – Ehmry Bay – Sea of Stars [SoS]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nurvus.2891

Nurvus.2891

I agree pets shouldn’t remain juvenile forever.
I say 3 “stages”.
Lv1 -> Lv40 -> Lv80
Lv1-39 is Juvenile
Lv40-79 is Adult
Lv80 is Dire/Greater

in Suggestions

Posted by: DUAxWolff.2759

DUAxWolff.2759

I would also enjoy that as long as when you are “up leveled” in some zones. WvWvW, or the new monthly events, the pet stays at your “real” level size.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nurvus.2891

Nurvus.2891

I would also enjoy that as long as when you are “up leveled” in some zones. WvWvW, or the new monthly events, the pet stays at your “real” level size.

Well, I think it shouldn’t just be the size.

Compare Juvenile Marsh Drake, with Marsh Drake and Veteran Marsh Drake.
Most creatures have different models for juvenile, normal and veteran.
It should be used for pets as well.

The size of my pet is what I care about the least, though I wouldn’t mind it growing a little – just a little, like 25% tops.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DUAxWolff.2759

DUAxWolff.2759

Well, I think it shouldn’t just be the size.

Compare Juvenile Marsh Drake, with Marsh Drake and Veteran Marsh Drake.
Most creatures have different models for juvenile, normal and veteran.
It should be used for pets as well.

The size of my pet is what I care about the least, though I wouldn’t mind it growing a little – just a little, like 25% tops.

Or have them start even smaller than they are? Yeah i see what you are saying with the models. I would like the lvl 80 versions of the pets to have unique skins though, maybe a bear with battle scars ect.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

I’d like to see the old GW pet evolution put in place. Dire, Aggressive, Elder, Playful, and Hearty. And with the same perks/drawbacks that they had in GW too.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fievre.4510

Fievre.4510

Most definitely. And probably with an added option to keep using the juvenile model should you so choose, since I’m sure someone out there would hate the idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ryan.2856

Ryan.2856

This needs to happen.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

GW2 pets do not level. They scale with your level. Since there’s no exp data saved for pets, they can’t do anything with ‘leveling’ pets.

And it’ll be a bit silly to have them grown and shrink as you teleport around the world.

The only option left without adding any more variables is taking the player’s actual level.
So even if the pet is scaled in level, it keeps the size of your level.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

I agree I would like to see a little more attention go into the ranger pets. Larger size more power perhaps

in Suggestions

Posted by: Terrin.2685

Terrin.2685

As long as it’s done with care and planning they I whole heartedly agree.

However, some of the pets in Guild Wars were obsurd when full size. I do not want another phoenix.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Thief preparing for his next assassination assignment: “Heh, my next target is a Ranger, wonder what silly pet this one will have to defend him.”

Thief confronts the Ranger, going for a quick kill.

Ranger dodges with good reflexes and summons his pet. A huge champion-sized Devourer, “It looks like you get to have a snack, Fluffy.”

Thief stares in distraught: “Fluffy?! WHOA WHOA WHOA, I’m out!”

Thief disappears in a puff of smoke and stealth.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~