Remove waypoints

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: Khronus.8370

Khronus.8370

There seems to be a lot of players who cannot get around the fact that they cant sit on a giant mammoth in town while they afk. Fast travel just doesn’t cut it for this breed of players.

Because of this, I came up with a suggestion just as viable as adding mounts to this already incredible game.

REMOVE WAYPOINTS. Let’s force everyone to run around without any sort of faster travel. let’s make guardians all use a staff so they HAVE to spam symbol to run faster around the world. This will build the confidence around the waypoint system (which I find to be amazing. Not to mention the cost of using them keeps money ACTUALLY USEFUL in this game.

The balance of money sinks and ways to make money is nearly perfect in this game. Just like the waypoint system. Learn to use it. Your 100 mounts that are in the bank in Orgrimmar are dead, along with your Tauren. Get over it.

Troll away.

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nurvus.2891

Nurvus.2891

So much hate.
Why does everyone share their negative opinions on mounts as if WoW had invented the concept? Is your imagination that small?
The Mount system in WoW is boring and trivial.
The World of WoW is boring and trivial.

Get this into your head:
a) Mounts do not have to be implemented in the likeness of WoW.
b) Read a) about 20 more times just to make sure.

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blueroseknight.7954

Blueroseknight.7954

Mounts are about getting from point A to point B quicker. People IRL have had this desire for a long time. I’m sure that you use a car to get from point A to point B because it is quicker than walking. This is what people what mounts for in GW2.

Waypoints are fine if you have explored a zone. They are like flightpoints in WoW. If you have not explored a zone and would like to move faster, or if you just want to race around the zones looking cool on horseback then mounts are nice to have.

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

Most think that if they add mounts, there would be no reason for a person to stop anymore. Well depending on how they are designed this could be true.

I’d like to think that the people behind the game are smart enough to add something like this to the game(if they wanted to) and give it the Anet spin. They did turn questing into another monster altogether, and its fun. So if they did do the mounts, I am sure they could implement it in a way that would make people have fun.

That’s what I spent my money on when I got the game, is to have some fun. Some people think it would be fun and others have their envision of what it would do to the game state and other concerns. I just wished all the hating on each other would stop , no matter what happens just have fun.

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bizzle.3495

Bizzle.3495

…if you just want to race around the zones looking cool on horseback then mounts are nice to have.

I agree with this. I prefer mount travel over way points because in IMHO it lends to immersion in respect to the sheer size and scope that Tyria is now, and will will become as new content is added.

My suggestion would be to have fewer waypoints within a zone, perhaps only 1-3 depending on the size of the zone. So that travel from a City to another point across the world still remains fast which is important to group play when joining others in progress, and to then have mounts to travel with within a zone at an accelerated pace without the less immerse choice of skipping around the zone via way points.

I think there are many pros and cons for and against mount travel, I’m curious if this is something that ANet has or will consider as the world becomes larger.

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: Khronus.8370

Khronus.8370

No. I drive my car from point A to point B to get there faster. If I could teleport to a block away from my job, I would walk there every single day.

The ONLY reason mounts should ever be implemented would be for cosmetics. There should NEVER be a movement speed buff, any sort of trolling with them (covering mobs).

The real issue here is simple. People have played a game FOR YEARS. They have become so attached to that game that they miss the functions that this game had. They know that this game is better in every way shape and form, yet they still feel a lack of something missing from their in game life. Mounts are not the only aspect of this absence but it is one of the easiest to implement.

It’s just not a suggestion that the entire community wants. Mind you, a large base of players played GW1 and are mainly against it. They should be focusing on many more things than mounts/faster travel.

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lunarhound.7324

Lunarhound.7324

What I don’t understand is why people can’t wrap their heads around the idea that mounts are NOT about traveling faster. That’s not why people want them. Everyone keeps mentioning the waypoint system as the reason they shouldn’t be put into the game, but the waypoints are completely irrelevant. The reason people want mounts is because it adds to the flavor of the experience. Being able to ride a horse/dolyak/whatever would make people feel that much more like a hero in a fantasy novel, which is quite a large point of the entire game to begin with.

Mechanically, mounts already exist. That’s another thing people can’t seem to grasp. Golem battlesuits are mounts. Heck, the flaming greatsword summoned by an elementalist is a mount. It’s something that exists in the world that, should you walk up to it and engage with it, changes the graphic representing your character, as well as how your character functions. The ONLY thing required for mounts to be implemented, is a graphic. Simply make them an environmental weapon that gives its own set of skills when using it.

This will probably be ignored, but I’ll say it anyway: Mounts do NOT need to be about making you move faster. That is not, and never was, the true appeal behind them. The true appeal is simply the visual of being a guy on a horse, or other rideable animal. Mechanically, they are the PERFECT fit for some sort of environmental weapon. Why people continue to be unable to see that, I have no idea.

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azaziel.3608

Azaziel.3608

I would like an assassin’s creed type mount system…where the mount is not yours but you just borrow it for a while…
I still think it would be more fun to go from point A to point B, at maybe 130% walking speed (it doesn’t have to be 10x faster), that being in point A and teleporting to the nearest waypoint from B and then walk the rest….at least it’d feel a little closer to reality IMO.
But well, the game it just isn’t like that and I find very unlikely to change

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: Centaur.3607

Centaur.3607

Mounts are about getting from point A to point B quicker. People IRL have had this desire for a long time. I’m sure that you use a car to get from point A to point B because it is quicker than walking. This is what people what mounts for in GW2.

Waypoints are fine if you have explored a zone. They are like flightpoints in WoW. If you have not explored a zone and would like to move faster, or if you just want to race around the zones looking cool on horseback then mounts are nice to have.

Actually, if you’ve ever played Age of Conan, mounts are not just about getting from point A to B quicker. They are also about combat from your mount as well, and in large scale warfare they are also used as close quarters siege weapons (Mammoths and Rhinos). This is something I’d like to see implimented in this game.

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

Mounts for collection/cosmetic purpose that do not exceed swiftness in speed, and cannot be pulled out in inappropriate places (that would mean no mounts in the middle of a city), would be great.
Other then that, it would have to be something relatively new for MMORPG mounts, like “mounted combat zones” or something actually original that I’m unable to come up with.
Even at that though…. meh

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: AreeSoothsayer.1068

AreeSoothsayer.1068

Why does the idea Mount focus on speed? I mean in some of the games I have seen some silly ideas for fast mounts. Turtle going around as fast as a cat? Oi.. The idea of different combat skills like an environment weapon is a good one. Different attacks while on the mount for some of the weapons. Long ranged weapons would probably be left mostly alone.

<..< Although that rifle move by the engineer that launches him back brings some hilarious images to mind of players flying off their mount with it running off in a frazzle.

You would also need to take into account the build of the mount in question as well as the culture of each race. The Charr being what they are I’d expect an iron machine type. It’d be either lightly armored and fast for some kiting (10% boost to speed is all I go since many signets give that) or heavy armored (-5% reduction to incoming damage) and ponderous. You don’t need massive boosts but if it’s just cosmetic without taking into account what they are besides additions to the character, but living, or driving, additions.

After adding my 2 cents to the whole thing, personally. I don’t care if mounts are added or not. I’m just madly curious how Anet would break the mold with the old school mount system for boosted speed bit.

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: Snarky Snarf.8463

Snarky Snarf.8463

Perhaps a mini game where you ride creatures in a race, or fight other riders in a very large arena. That might be fun.

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

A better idea would be to remove the WP teleport cost.

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nostromo.4126

Nostromo.4126

Most think that if they add mounts, there would be no reason for a person to stop anymore. Well depending on how they are designed this could be true.

I’d like to think that the people behind the game are smart enough to add something like this to the game(if they wanted to) and give it the Anet spin. They did turn questing into another monster altogether, and its fun. So if they did do the mounts, I am sure they could implement it in a way that would make people have fun.

That’s what I spent my money on when I got the game, is to have some fun. Some people think it would be fun and others have their envision of what it would do to the game state and other concerns. I just wished all the hating on each other would stop , no matter what happens just have fun.

Cool. Here’s a suggestion – one player has to pay another to summon a rickshaw & take him from A to B at 200-300% normal speed, depending on price. Now THAT would be fun & quite interesting to see how it pans out <G>.

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nostromo.4126

Nostromo.4126

My suggestion would be to have fewer waypoints within a zone, perhaps only 1-3 depending on the size of the zone. So that travel from a City to another point across the world still remains fast which is important to group play when joining others in progress, and to then have mounts to travel with within a zone at an accelerated pace without the less immerse choice of skipping around the zone via way points.

Or, they make 2-4 inter-zone WPs & all the rest are INTRA-zone only. Would that work…?

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixel Seven.5472

Pixel Seven.5472

They should add mounts but just for those who do want mounts the mounts should actually be slower than the walking speed. You have your mounts and waypoints are still useful = everyone wins!!! I believe a giant snail and a turtle you could ride would fit very well and they should also cost about 500 gold each to obtain since mounts should be expensive.

Also a huge mechanical war machine that you can buy for 1k-5k badges in WvWvW that would require 30 people to move with kazillion health and cannons on its side that you can shoot and demolish keeps with, but it would show on the enemies map as a huge target so they know whats up.

Yeah if they do that I’m all for mounts but if you want some lame lions and tigers to ride and play with I say nay for this suggestion.

Server: Desolation
Aliases: Nukkavieru, Äpärä, Vahinkolapsi, Nirpp

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: lunabaguna.8293

lunabaguna.8293

They wont be added for 2 reasons, 1) they make circumventing content too easy, you can easily outrun/dodge mobs on a mount to get places you should have to fight to, and 2) they want people to enjoy the scenery of the game. If you have a mount to get to new places, you will bypass most of the game content. Think about how little of Mulgore you saw.

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

well it should be possible to implement mounts for example horses.
pay a small fee have a horse for a day to travel through maps faster , when entering combat you jump of and horse runs away (fades away) can be summoned with a summoning stone. just a small idea

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: DomShia.2136

DomShia.2136

Oh the mount issue again hehe.

I have no need for mounts as I prefer the waypoint system and think it is superior.

However if they do implement mounts I really really hope they at least make them unusable in towns. I do not need to have your epic flying dragon flapping it’s wings at my camera in the tight indoor area when i need to use my bank or talk to the npc at the bar. The interiors are beautiful no “horseleavings” on the carpet please.

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: asperbianca.3196

asperbianca.3196

I agree that mounts, if implemented, shouldn’t be usable within cities, but would like to see that expanded to include the outposts that are scattered throughout the world as well.

My only question is; how is it feasible for mounts to be slower than what your character normally is? That’s penalizing the players who choose to have a cosmetic item. If anything, the mounts should not go any faster than what the player does with swiftness, which was already mentioned.

Also, it’s already incredibly easy to outrun mobs and enemies in game; I do it quite often on my elementalist; I do not see how using a mount would make this any easier. But, in an attempt to remain unbiased and open-minded, I would suggest that mounts be unusable in combat; the player would be unable to summon the mount while they are in combat and, if the player were to be attacked while on the mount, the mount would be de-summoned after (X) amount of damage/hits (forcing the player to remove themselves from combat either through fighting or fleeing).

Also, the only plausible scenario that I can see mounted combat working in would be in WvW, but that is only if the WvW system gets a revamp and becomes more structured than the zergfest that it is now.

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

…if you just want to race around the zones looking cool on horseback then mounts are nice to have.

I agree with this. I prefer mount travel over way points because in IMHO it lends to immersion in respect to the sheer size and scope that Tyria is now, and will will become as new content is added.

I think there are many pros and cons for and against mount travel, I’m curious if this is something that ANet has or will consider as the world becomes larger.

please, god no. Remove wp to 1-3? why not just remove wp altogether then? No. Waypoints have to be found first b4 you can use them, so theres you exploration “con”.
Mounts only would make it easier to skip content by running by everything that normally would slow you down on foot
mounts clutter up zones, and definitly make the world feel smaller when you cougar your way from town to town, and the lore doesn’t accept them at all. There are many more reasons why no to mounts because if they were by some moronic reason added, they would have to be extremely limited to where and how they are used without just ruining soo many activities already laid out for us. Please, No to mounts

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Azaziel.3608

@NinjaEd.3946
I can also run by groups of mobs and avoid them on foot with or without some speed buff, I really don’t see the difference there…
Lore reasons are stupid, everything thats in game that is usable or crafted had to be discovered, implemented or invented at some point in the history, well so would a mount….
Finally the world is a lot smaller when I can cross it in 10 seconds or whatever it takes me to load rather than if I (or my mount) had to run to get anywhere….

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

asperbianca.3196

@NinjaEd.3946
I can also run by groups of mobs and avoid them on foot with or without some speed buff, I really don’t see the difference there…
Lore reasons are stupid, everything thats in game that is usable or crafted had to be discovered, implemented or invented at some point in the history, well so would a mount….
Finally the world is a lot smaller when I can cross it in 10 seconds or whatever it takes me to load rather than if I (or my mount) had to run to get anywhere….

On my elementalist, I can run from one side of Diessa Plateau, for example, in one to two minutes using my air attunement; all the while, missing and bypassing everything between point A and point B.

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Azaziel.3608

@NinjaEd.3946

On my elementalist, I can run from one side of Diessa Plateau, for example, in one to two minutes using my air attunement; all the while, missing and bypassing everything between point A and point B.

Exactly my point, mounts wouldn’t make much of a difference.
But I think the main reason people don’t want them is to differenciate from other mmorpgs, specially from their hate towards wow.

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

asperbianca.3196

Oh I understand quite well why some are against it. In all reality, mounts have little practical value; they are mainly just a cosmetic item. Personally, I would want a mount simply for the immersion factor; running around on foot seems completely asinine to me. For centuries, man has been taming animals to ride upon to help accommodate travel needs, I don’t see the harm in implementing something so simple into a game. In my opinion, those who are against the implementation of mounts, simply because of another game, are being incredibly selfish. It’s no different from saying: “I don’t want that shirt because so and so has it.”

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: marianitten.1247

marianitten.1247

They wont be added for 2 reasons, 1) they make circumventing content too easy, you can easily outrun/dodge mobs on a mount to get places you should have to fight to, and 2) they want people to enjoy the scenery of the game. If you have a mount to get to new places, you will bypass most of the game content. Think about how little of Mulgore you saw.

I’m against mounts. but your arguments has no sense…

1) “You can easily outrun/dodge.” There is not Mount system in game right now. How do you know how it works? Ohh.. are you talking about others games? This is GW2.

2) "They want people to enjoy the scenery of the game. ". Yes, taking waypoints makes you enjoy all the enviroment. ???

For Those About to Zerg (We Salute You)

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

What if mounts only worked on trails and roads, if you go anywhere off the trail/road you dismount?(which would be stupid cause most mounts are picked cause of the terrain they can traverse)
I still like the idea of making the mounts have a weapon bar come up that would have certain skills mainly nothing to do with a boost. My favorite skill idea would be to drag a downed victim to a area where he can be rez’d without aggro. Or maybe some real skills like lassoing and hogtying(Red Dead Redemption anyone) tear it up !

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: Havenless.2589

Havenless.2589

gl getting around Orr on a mount……

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esha.1842

Esha.1842

I would love to see mounts added to this game, even if they do not increase travel speed. Just for cosmetic reasons alone… However I do share the same irritation with people who “Sit on giant mammoths in town and go afk…” Regardless, it’s something I would like to see added in the future in one way, shape, or form.

And from a marketing perspective ArenaNet, if you had some really amazing looking mount one can by off the BLTP for $10-$20…. there are people who would buy it/them. I know I would.

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: Striata.6739

Striata.6739

To everyone saying horses should be added because it would be more realistic I have some information for you.
I have 4 horses in real life and let me tell you no horse can run from point A to point B unless the distance is pretty kitten short or unless your just walking your horse from point A to B in which case the mounts shouldn’t even be able to run at normal character run speed let alone swiftness speed, unless there going to have the horse die from heart attacks like they would in real life. (Don’t even get me started on armored horses run speed and distance).

If Arena Net does end up putting mounts in they better give me a button to hit to dismount someone being a prick and blocking NPC which we all know people will do because some people have nothing better to do then grief others.

I’m strongly against mounts in Tyria!

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: GADefence.5634

GADefence.5634

“A better idea would be to remove the WP teleport cost.”

Seconded.

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

I support mounts but only if they cost $100 real dollar equivalent of gems! That way it can really be the unnecessary, luxury status symbols that they are. Irritating individuals who can’t be bothered walking 5 minutes from the known waypoint to the unknown waypoint or can’t be bothered paying minimal fee of WP can get their bloody mounts and the rest of us can shake our heads and marvel at how some people have way, way, way too much money.

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cirth.1543

Cirth.1543

I’m for mounts. Now I think this is why people want mounts, I know this is the reason why I want a mount.

Right now I’m running CoF exp about 5 times a day give or take while doing Claw of Jormag when I can’t find a group, which is usually 3 times a day give or take.
Now lets take into account how much the waypoint costs from Lion’s Arch to CoF as well to the nearest waypoint for Claw of Jormag.

(I’ll be rounding this off to the nearest silver.) Pretty much both waypoints cost roughly 3silver. That’s just one way so that will add up to about 24silver now a round trip would cost about 48silver. (Unless you go to mist/wvw and take the port to Lion’s Arch.)
I’m gonna just add in the repair cost for just CoF (I’ll be rounding to the nearest 10th.) be about 10silver per run so about 50silver.(I won’t add the waypoint cost for Claw of Jormag or repair if you end up dead during the event.)
Time to add the cost of salvage kits which is about 15silver each I end up having to buy one each run because of the event to get into CoF, that would be 75silver for 5 salvage kits. Now lets add that up if you use the mist/wvw for traveling it would cost about 1.49gold if you don’t it costs you about 1.73gold. Now on average I make about 10-20 silver profit per run on CoF.

Now then lets get to the big points of why people want mounts, I’ll try to make this very simple for those of you with thick skulls.
For us level 80s cost of going from 1 waypoint to another cost roughly 2silver for the shortest distance the longest about 4silver+. Now lets say Anet does put in mounts, lets say they cost about 50gold.
Alright now lets compare the 50gold mount to someone that doesn’t want a mount and just uses waypoints to travel. Most likely the person with the 50gold mount will hardly use the waypoints. The one without the mount will use the waypoints.
Lets take the figures from above takes about 2gold round trip (I’m saying 2gold since most likely you would be doing something like me and end up having to repair and buy salvage kits.), well those 2gold will start adding up to 10gold, 40gold, 80gold, and 130gold.
While the person that bought the mount for 50gold will be laughing all the way to the TP to buy kitten you can’t because your gold is tied up into your waypoint “investment”.
This is just common sense buy a mount that cost a butt load of money but will save you money in the long run. Key words—————> “SAVE YOU MONEY IN THE LONG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”<————-

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

snip Key words—————> “SAVE YOU MONEY IN THE LONG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”<————-

I am level 80 too! And you calculation is seriously flawed because you are not taking into account the opportunity cost of travel time. Mount travel is NOT free. It costs you in time.

WP = instant travel, mount = takes time. Even at 100% speed boost they will take time to make that journey. WP costs increase based on distance and the further the distance you have to mount the more time it will take. You only need to spend the fraction of the time you would take journeying from point to point be on a mount taking part in an event or even randomly killing drakes outside of Lion’s Arch to get the money you need to make-up the WP cost.

Unless you are really unlucky with drops. There is just no way the opportunity cost of you spending X amount of time travelling is going to be cheaper then just farming or just doing an event and getting WP costs + more!

In addition, this does not take into account that fact that WP costs drop if you use the portals to go to the nearest major city to whatever dungeon/zone you want and travelling from just outside the city. Heck the WP costs drop even if you just zone out of a city into the “wilderness” and returning to Lion’s Arch is always free. You just have to go through the Eternal Battleground.

Plus now only one person has to enter a dungeon and the rest of the groups get a dialogue that teleports them directly into the dungeon and later returns them to wherever they were. If with all these things you still think that your time is worth less then 2s… well I just don’t know what to say to you.

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blueroseknight.7954

Blueroseknight.7954

Ig you think that mounts will stop you from enjoying the scenery then don’t use them. People play games in different ways. If I had mounts I probably wouldn’t use waypoints as much. I think that teleporting everywhere breaks up the world in an unpleasant way.

I have yet to hear a reason for mounts to not be implemented other than “I hate WoW and don’t want this to be like WoW. WoW is the only MMO i know and the only one that has mounts hur dur”.

That is not a good reason.

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

Ig you think that mounts will stop you from enjoying the scenery then don’t use them. People play games in different ways.

Yeah sure, agreed.

If I had mounts I probably wouldn’t use waypoints as much. I think that teleporting everywhere breaks up the world in an unpleasant way.

Take your own advice above…wow…

Hell just leveling as fast as you do in this game prevents you from exploring and taking in the brilliant artwork of ALL the areas you play in. That is, unless you specifically stop to do that.

I have yet to hear a reason for mounts to not be implemented other than “I hate WoW and don’t want this to be like WoW. WoW is the only MMO i know and the only one that has mounts hur dur”.

That is not a good reason.

Here’s a reason not to have mounts: They’re useless, we have waypoints. End of discussion. Can’t fork over 4s at level 80? You’re doing something wrong. You probably spent all your money on something in the broker right? Hit “H” and go to the Mists, walk to Lion’s Arch, sell some junk at a vendor or the broker, and go to your waypoint.

Don’t have junk you say? Complete the Lion’s Arch puzzles, there are 3, and get junk from the chests. Its free, there are no mobs, there are no enemy players, just jump.

After all that, don’t make that mistake again.

Unless you cosmetically want mounts…in which case, I’ve got your ‘mount patch’ notes right here:

• Mounts have been added to the game, they do not move any faster than players.

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cortechs.3265

Cortechs.3265

How about because you will now have to load more models for every single character you come across, thus lowering the amount of people you can see on your screen at once even further and also lowering framerates?

How about the fact that mounts will cause extreme clutter at banks, at waypoints, at crafting areas, and on every Heart NPC? Every game I have played that has mounts has had this problem.

Some of us do not want this to turn into Disneyland with Unicorns, Helicopters, Turtles, Snuffleupagus, etc.

Wanting to roleplay My Little Pony isn’t a good reason either.

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

We could do that if we wanted to, just use a transformation potion…is there one that looks like a horse?

…wait…

Serious Question: Has anyone ever seen a horse in Tyria???

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

Posted by: Striata.6739

Striata.6739

We could do that if we wanted to, just use a transformation potion…is there one that looks like a horse?

…wait…

Serious Question: Has anyone ever seen a horse in Tyria???

No the only mount I’ve ever seen in Tyria (GW1 and GW2 included) was the Stone Summit dwarfs from GW1, which of only one type of the Stone Summit dwarfs rode a Dolyak which were named “Dolyak Rider” see guildwars wiki search Stone Summit will bring up a list of Stone Summit mobs.

Edit: I think I remember a Stone Summit dwarf on a lizard type mount in GW1 as well. player characters never got mounts of any kind in GW1 either.

I’m not for mounts being added to the game but I’d love to see a quest were we can drive the Charr Submarine maybe a DE of some kind.

(edited by Striata.6739)

Remove waypoints

in Suggestions

asperbianca.3196

Horses are extinct in Tyria, according to the lore.