Sheathing weapon toggle.

Sheathing weapon toggle.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Taemerlein.2891

Taemerlein.2891

I am a proud member of the Tarnished Coast realm, I would like to bring a small suggestion, that would nevertheless impact gaming on my realm.

Allow us the option to Choose whether or not we want our weapons to auto-sheath.

After about 10-20 seconds without combat a character automatically sheathes their weapon and/or weapons. To the annoyance of many Roleplayers on my realm.

It is merely a few lines of code, it would take developer several minutes to change it, which is a miniscule amount of effort for a very big impact on gameplay.

Sheathing weapon toggle.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tradewind.6913

Tradewind.6913

If you look under Controls near the bottom you can set a key to un/sheath the weapon. It’s not necessarily permanent, but a quick keystroke to remove the weapon again or sheath it if the need arises.

Sheathing weapon toggle.

in Suggestions

Taemerlein.2891

You don’t understand my request. No matter what I do after 10-20 seconds my character will automatically sheath my weapon. Unsheathing my weapons allows me to enter a threatening posture which can be useful in many rp situations.

Sheathing weapon toggle.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aryto.5873

Aryto.5873

Ah indeed. I’m always having to hit that button to counteract that effect. I’d say it’s ok to auto-sheathe after combat, but if you specifically un-sheathe using the keybinding, they should stay out until you put them away again (or enter combat, and thus enable the timer). That would be a good compromise for me, to ensure the non-RPers aren’t always running around with their weapons out =p

Definitely have thought about this, but I don’t think there will be nearly enough clamor for it to happen.

Also: dat Charr greatsword walking anim.

·································•¤¨¨¨¤•·································
A R Y T O . S HA D E S T A L K E R
·································•¤……¤•·································

Sheathing weapon toggle.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Syphenion.5064

Syphenion.5064

Yep, I suggested this before, though it got buried in the suggestions. It gets very irritating to whip a sword out every few seconds while role-playing, y’know.
Not to mention, I prefer walking with my greatsword on my shoulder, rather than having to tap the key every few seconds.

1. it wouldn’t negatively affect anyone.
  2. It would make a lot of people very happy.
  3. It wouldn’t take much to change at all.
¸.•´¸.¤•*´¨) ¸.•*¨”˜`”°ºooº°””˜`”°ºooº°””˜`
(¸.•´ (¸.•Alloy~ Piken Square Roleplayer~

Sheathing weapon toggle.

in Suggestions

Taemerlein.2891

Thank-you for the responses, I hope this will help convince the devs of the importance.

Sheathing weapon toggle.

in Suggestions

Taemerlein.2891

Search seems to not work for my computer, So I’m just commenting here to refresh the thread.

Sheathing weapon toggle.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nurvus.2891

Nurvus.2891

I agree with this.
It wouldn’t be much of a bother to code this.