The Great Dream Patch: Add Your Own!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Turtlemilk.1064

Turtlemilk.1064

DUNGEONS

• New Feature: Community-Preserving Dungeon Finder
    • A server-wide interface that shows players who may select a dungeon and the role(s) that they would like to play (control, damage or support).
  • Explorable dungeons are now more rewarding. Completing an explorable dungeon will now guarantee substantial coin and rare crafting materials or items.
  • Optimized explorable dungeon difficulty. For example, paths in the Citadel of Flame and Honor of the Waves are no longer easier than intended. In addition, certain enemies better telegraph their attacks while bosses are made more dynamic with percentage-based phases.

DYNAMIC EVENTS

• The frequency of dynamic events in Orr has been slightly reduced. In addition, events in Orr that are consistently beaten will now get progressively more challenging with new Veteran and Champion enemies.
  • New Effect: Overwhelming
    • Reduces all damage taken from AoE abilities by 10/20/30/40/50% and the duration of all hostile conditions by 5/10/15/20/25%.
    • Progressively granted to enemies during dynamic events that are consistently beaten to make them more challenging.

MISCELLANEOUS

• New Feature: Dueling
    • Added an option to automatically decline and ignore dueling requests.
  • New Feature: Inspecting
    • Players may now inspect each other’s achievements, equipment, rank and traits in the Heart of the Mists. Inspecting equipment in PvE remains disabled.
  • New Feature: Observer Mode
    • Players may now view currently active tournament matches in real-time.
  • New Feature: Build Slots
    • Players may now link, save, and recall character builds. Additional slots can be purchased through the Gem Store.
  • New Option: Area Loot
    • When enabled, looting will automatically loot all other nearby items as well.
  • Redesign: Traveling Costs
    • They are now determined not only by distance, but by the level of the area being traveled to. In addition, players who have earned 100% completion in capital cities may now travel to them for free.
  • Players may now change their character’s appearance through the Gem Store.
  • Tooltips have been improved to be more specific and include missing information.
  • Titles are now also displayed under a player’s name tag. Added an option to disable displaying titles in this way.
  • Added NPCs granting access to activities like Keg Brawl to the Heart of the Mists.
  • “Last Online” is now displayed on contact lists and guild rosters.

STRUCTURED PVP

• Redesign: Auto-Balancing
    • Players now have incentive to join the losing team as they are awarded with “Good Sport” glory for volunteering.

WORLD VERSUS WORLD

• Redesign: Orbs of Power
    • Orbs of Power now reset six hours after being placed on an Altar of Power. In addition, Orbs of Power no longer provide +5% maximum health.
  • Redesign: Personnel and Structural Upgrades
    • Upgrades no longer need to be purchased at once and are instead pools that any player may donate toward. For example, a player may put five silver toward the Reinforce Doors upgrade which costs a total of one gold.
  • Remedied the “invisible army” issue.
  • An equilibrium system to assist with night capping and underpopulated servers has been implemented. For every 25% difference that one world is behind in score, that world will receive +5% damage and maximum health.
  • Claiming is now priorized to guilds with active boosts. For example, a guild without a single Art of War level will lose its claim to Stonemist Castle if a guild currently offering +40 Power, +40 Toughness, and +40 Vitality attempts to claim it.
  • Badges of Honor are now an account-wide currency and no longer need to be looted. In addition, Badges of Honor can be acquired by repairing and upgrading.
  • Guards now prioritize hostile players over NPCs. For example, upgraded supply caravans can no longer be killed so easily while its guards are distracted by wildlife.
  • Added a sound effect for when a World versus World battleground is ready.

BUGS

• Fixed a bug where sound files would play at erroneously high volumes.
  • Fixed a bug where siege weapons in WvW would take damage from Retaliation.
  • Fixed a bug where catapults in WvW could deal damage through gates.
  • Fixed several broken dynamic events and skill challenges.

Special thanks to Ghostly.4162!

(edited by Turtlemilk.1064)

in Suggestions

Posted by: tyhanon.6587

tyhanon.6587

about your travel cost thing: free may be a bit much. an alternative is to have a discount for traveling to places you have 100%map completion. 20% or so. this will wntice more people to complete maps

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dortmunder.9572

Dortmunder.9572

Downed State: Removed from PvP.

That’s pretty much it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Draconian.8096

Draconian.8096

I want Greater Marks to work correctly on Mark of Blood.

in Suggestions

Posted by: RainbowVomit.2509

RainbowVomit.2509

• New Feature: Inspecting
  • Players may now inspect each other’s achievements, equipment, rank and traits in the Heart of the Mists. Inspecting equipment in PvE remains disabled.

What would be the purpose behind not allowing inspection out side of the mists. rofl????

in Suggestions

Posted by: gene helo.1590

gene helo.1590

Where is the fixed camera/fov slider/increased zoom distance?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Richard.8207

Richard.8207

tyhanon, I think the travel costs being free to a capital city is just trying to provide a more efficient alternative to the already free mists→lion’s arch→capital city teleporting that is so common.

I’m glad to see the invisible army fix, and the buff for being behind in score seems like it might help things out. Here’s hoping WvW just got a whole lot better with this patch!

in Suggestions

Posted by: RainbowVomit.2509

RainbowVomit.2509

Where is the fixed camera/fov slider/increased zoom distance?

This x like a kitten billion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Puro.8196

Puro.8196

Considering you suggested to remove DBNO form PvP, I call this a troll thread.

Puro Strife, Asura Elementalist.
Pilar Strife, Sylvari Elementalist
Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war!

in Suggestions

Posted by: bobyd.4698

bobyd.4698

Added queue time for WvW and it now works like in PvE (gives the chance to a group of joining toghether)

in Suggestions

Posted by: yohanes.9738

yohanes.9738

Customizable personal instance that actually feels like a home rather than some dudes bar, possible with upgrades from the gem store, and trophies from your victories!

in Suggestions

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

Either getting the wall of the western Borderlands keep out of range of trebuchets in the Garrison, or moving the eastern keep INTO range of it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tron.2189

Tron.2189

Guilds

• Increased max guild size to 1000
  • Ability to view “guild influence earned” and “last login” time in guild roster
  • Ability to set more specific rules for guild stash (X items for X items, quality, level requirements etc.)
  • Guild hall or a similar meeting place
  • A real guild cape

(edited by Tron.2189)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crunchynut.6419

Crunchynut.6419

Downed State: Removed from PvP.

That’s pretty much it.

I’d like to hear why you want this? Its a fairly large part of the game, with traits and skills practically revolving around resurrecting downed players.

I agree it can be frustrating at times and perhaps some of the downed skills need a just a little tuning but it shouldn’t be removed completely.

Now, damage to ‘defeated’ players… that should be implemented.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ghostly.4162

Ghostly.4162

Haha, I was reading this and got to WvW and suddenly I started seeing like all kinds of stuff from my 150+ Hours thread…. I was like… how dare he!

Then I reach the end and I’m like… My maaaan

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/150-Hours-Review-Strategys-Problems-Solutions-Exploits-Bugs

For anyone thats interested.

(edited by Ghostly.4162)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Click.5123

Click.5123

Very nice patch. We need more of these huge updates, ANet!

Thanks for showing us you care about improving GW2 as much and as fast as possible.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tron.2189

Tron.2189

That’s not ANet’s patch.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Asahi.1487

Asahi.1487

HoM:
Fiery Dragon Sword Finally Usable in PvP

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bajter Deathblow.3598

Bajter Deathblow.3598

I don’t like the inspect part.
I remember in WoW, I’ve made a build for my mage, I wasn’t happy when suddenly half of mages around me were using it… I wouldn’t like such thing to happen in here. If I’d like to show my build to other people – I would do so.
If inspecting was enabled – I’d rather like it to be optional, so I could block it out, so people wouldn’t be able to inspect my builds or eq, or even achievements! (imagine people whispering you from the whole world – “how to get that puzzle?” – because they’ve inspected you from somewhere and know that you know).

• You are now able to choose your main character name, which will show on guildchat whenever you write. You can choose not to if you like.

Now about sPvP balancing problem…

• Successfully defending objective awards points to all players in the team. Thanks to this change it wouldn’t matter where have you killed enemies – you could intercept them on the way and still get points for defense.
  • All players in the team get points for capturing and defending objectives no matter in which part of the map they are. Thanks to this change people won’t zerg capture zones for points anymore.
  • When volunteering to join another team players don’t lose glory for things they’ve accomplished in team they were in. They get glory from time they were in first team and glory from time they were in the second team.

With other changes it’d let such situation happen:
Game begins, red players get to work in small groups capturing objectives, fighting the other team. Let’s say red are winning, because there is one less player in blue team. In third minute team red acquired 350 points and blue got 200, additionaly you have acquired 40 points for killing. Game prompts you to change team, you volunteer. Now you are in blue team, with 390 points for yourself. Until the end of the game red get to 500 points, and blue to 420. You get 220 points from playing as blue and 350 points for playing as red, also your own actions earned you now 80 points, and you are at 650 points for the whole match. You also get (350/500) * (glory for the winning team) and (220/500) * (glory for the losing team). Everyone is happy.

Hope I didn’t get lost too much writing this post, so it’s still understandable

in Suggestions

Posted by: Madara.2378

Madara.2378

OP: very very good post would love to see all that

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sauge.7056

Sauge.7056

General:
Camera issues fixed, can zoom further even in small spaces !!
New Trading post interface that doesn’t require million screens to compare buy\sell price

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kimmuriel.3495

Kimmuriel.3495

General:
Ability to see how many Gems I could get for 1g even if I don’t have 1g on that character.
Ability to put an offer for a skin, no matter what stats.
Ability to put an offer for an identified dye, no matter what colour.
Ability to sort in the trade post for: lowest offered price or to display the offered price in the overwiew window.

Necromancer:
The flesh golem finally figured out how to swim and no longer gets taunted by the skullrats for his inability to do so.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Trapiki.3019

Trapiki.3019

Hairdresser: The ability to change hair style and colour for a price, preferably in Silver. Added colour options for your hair accessories from your own dyes would be really neat.
Also this could be helpful for added hairstyles later on, non-Creator Screen hairstyles could cost more than the regular ones.

For Sylvari, as the plant is part of them, it could be something like Pruning or replanting! :D

in Suggestions

Posted by: vonBoomslang.8296

vonBoomslang.8296

I second all of the OP’s suggestions.

The only one I’d really add is:

“Unlocked Hall of Monuments equipment automatically added to PvP locker”

oh and “Improvements to slot skill window. You can now right click any utility slot to bring the window up, and drag and drop skills to equip them.”

And “Health displays will now turn partially pink to show incoming damage from Bleed, Poison and Burning”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Godunderscor.1086

Godunderscor.1086

Weapons

• Ranger
    • May now use Rifles.
  • Thief
    • Redesign of dual skills when no off-hand weapon is equipped.
      • Dagger – Twisting Fangs stacks more bleed and adds 1 stack of vulnerability. Also costs additional initiative.
      • Pistol – Repeater replaced with Parting Shot – Thief fires a single shot that deals extra damage to low health and far-away targets. Has 1200 range.
      • Sword – Slash replaced with Riposte – Thief begins blocking for 2 seconds; if struck, Thief damages in return and causes Fumble for several seconds.
  • Warrior
    • Has access to the Pistol as an off-hand weapon.

Charr

• Charr have invented tail-holes for their armor.

(That about covers all the things I want for this game that the OP hasn’t already noted, everything I can think of at least.)
edit: thought of something else I’ve been dreaming of almost immediately.

(edited by Godunderscor.1086)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Syphenion.5064

Syphenion.5064

• Toggled weapon sheathing. (Removing the need to keep tapping the sheath key to draw our weapon every few seconds and instead keeping the weapon drawn until the button’s pressed again.)

• Account-wide dyes

• Guild halls – ships and airships.

• CAPES.

Well, all I want.

¸.•´¸.¤•*´¨) ¸.•*¨”˜`”°ºooº°””˜`”°ºooº°””˜`
(¸.•´ (¸.•Alloy~ Piken Square Roleplayer~

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sevenfoot Sativa.2491

Sevenfoot Sativa.2491

I always wondered if it would be nice to have a cushion effect in AoE attacks if everyone bunched together to ‘lesson the impact’ with padding.

So some AoE would do % based on the amount of people and that % would spread across them rather than being a big ball of ouch no matter what.

I think GW had one skill that worked like that.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Morelia.6835

Morelia.6835

Add dungeon lockout timers. Give bigger rewards for completing them in return. Preferably lock people out of doing the same dungeon path more than once per day.

What this would do:

Reduce grind.
Prevent gold farming.
Make people play through all three dungeon paths instead of just the fastest/easiest one.
Keeps people playing longer since they can’t rush through content as fast.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SavageCore.2063

SavageCore.2063

Mother of god…

Founder of Brothers of Aesir [EU Desolation]

brothersofaesir.eu

in Suggestions

Posted by: minikiller.8475

minikiller.8475

Mini Baby Quaggens

That it No more needs to be Said or Done

That is the Mother of glory Patch Right there.
Nothing I MEAN NOTHING can compare to them adding a Mini baby quaggen

Dont… Dont even try to make a Dream patch better then adding a mini quaggen

in Suggestions

Posted by: InsomShade.1453

InsomShade.1453

Quite a lot in this thread I like…
In saying that there are a few I would want options to turn off (like Inspecting, If i want to use a kitten build then let me)

AoE Looting… I do miss leveling in Rift at times. That was just wonderfully helpful after AoE killing, although being able to push “F” 5+ times quickly does work its still annoying

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

How can you make something appear as a list inside of a list? Whenever I use * and p. on the same sentence, one of the 2 won’t work!

…and don’t be toxic!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ravengyre.1246

Ravengyre.1246

New Effect: Overwhelming
Reduces all damage taken from AoE abilities by 10/20/30/40/50% and the duration of all hostile conditions by 5/10/15/20/25%.
Progressively granted to enemies during dynamic events that are consistently beaten to make them more challenging.

Does not a harder fight make. Just a longer one. Would much rather see a damage increase instead of condition duration increase. Maybe some Elite monsters(step up from Veteran) too!

New Feature: Build Slots
Players may now link, save, and recall character builds. Additional slots can be purchased through the Gem Store.

I like the idea of getting more things in to the Gem Store, but no on “dual specs”. It would need to still cost you coin to switch ( like it does now) otherwise it would give advantage to people who buy these slots over someone who did not which is what this game is against.

Now to add something!

WORLD VERSUS WORLD

• Redesign: Outmanned Buff
    • Now increase damage done by 5%/7%10%/12%/15% to the team with significantly fewer players.
    • Now decreases damage taken by 5%/7%10%/12%/15% to the team with significantly fewer players.
    • No longer grants Magic Find, Karma, and Influence.

This change would help shards that have the skill, but not the man power (read: under populated shards) to be able to compete with other shards. Would also help the “night capping” that some people are taking a disliking to (personally I like night capping, you have to either cover those weaknesses or prepare to lose some ground).

(edited by Ravengyre.1246)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Safire.9143

Safire.9143

Duel.
Inspect.
Option to see normal player lvl in scaled location.
In-game PING meter.
Cash on Delivery Mail /Trade.
More PvP modes !!
More minigames.
Minigame joiners in mists like spvp joiner.
Raids/or hc dungeons for more than 5 ppls.

It still puzzles me as to why these small staples of MMOs are not in Guild Wars 2.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pilate.4279

Pilate.4279

1. Fixed broken skill points
    1. No, seriously, we promise this time
      1. We know we’ve said that before but really, (hopefully) this time.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

Let me also add these without mentioning the already mentioned

Dungeons

• Low level players using low level dungeons will now get a minor stat increase upon entering to make up for the absence of gear and traits.
  • In the imminent group finder, there will be an option to find the first availiable groupe for the first available dungeon. Choosing that will grand the player an extra token per day for the dungeon’s completion.

Structured PVP

• Upon a match’s end, a button is placed in the battle result window to send you back to the mysts, or to hoelbrak in case you were kegbrawling.

World vs World vs World

• A new currency “Fame” is added. Fame doesn’t take inventory space and it’s meant to replace the badges of Honor.
  • Players gather fame from participating in WvW events, or killing other players.
  • A new set of NPCs will now guarding the bases or joining the fight called “elite force”. These NPCs will be of a solid number of 10 per server and will spread to the bases that belong to your faction. If a server has less than 10 bases on it’s name, then more than one of the 10 Elite force NPCs can make a base it’s home. That means that if a server is at a disadvantage, it is more likelly that one of the elite force will be guarding it’s bases.
  • Blueprints for “Traps” are now added to WvW vendors and can be bought with in game gold or fame. Traps availeable are:
    • Spike trap. A set of spikes rise from the ground knocking and damaging the enemy. Total of 15 suply is required and the trap expire after being activated 10 times or 20 minutes pass.
    • Bear trap. A trap with a small radious, cause minor damage, imobilize for 5 seconds and criple them for 10 seconds. Require 5 suply to build and expire after being activated once, or 10 minutes pass.
    • Poison trap. A large radious trap that cause Poison for 15 seconds to any target in the area once triggered. Cost’s 15 suply to build. Last until it’s triggered once, or 20 minutes pass.
    • Falling spiked tree log trap. A tree falls on the target area causing lots of damage to all enemies in that area, likelly to go into downed state. This trap can only be builded in certain designated roads on the map. Require 50 suply, lasts until triggered once, or 30 minutes pass.
  • You can now buy Lader blueprints. A lader can be build in a lowered parts on the walls of an enemy base. When the lader is builded, it’s on a downed state and require 4 seconds to be rised. A lader in a rised state is vulnerable to melee attacks from the enemies atop the wall. A lader can send one ally atop the wall every 5 seconds.

Interface

• Now during the loading screen of an area, a text will appear describing the history and situation of that area.
  • Now the the chat will stay open during loading times.
  • Added hair models for hats that cover only a portion of the head. The characters will no longer appear to loose their hear when wearing such hats.
  • The visual effects of the skills will now be automatically toned down when more than 4 players are attacking the same enemy. This can be changed from the options.
  • Added a “Sit on chair” animation. Press the action button in frond of a chair to sit on it.

Personla Story

• Various cutscenes will be periodically added to various key points of the personal story to enchance the experience and make the story more interesting and epic.
  • Personaly Story cutscenes can now be vewed at any time from the personal Story log.

Tradepost

• Fixed a bug where some times the tradepost won’t recognise you character’s inventory and gems.
  • Now random items sold on the tradepost will apear to be sold by various vendors through Tyria. Buying an item from the vendor that is linked with the tradepost will actually buy it from the tradepost, will the exception that you will get the item instantly. The items that will appear on the vendors and are linke on the tradepost, will be otherwise random with the exceptions.
    • Priority will be given to items on the level of that area and your own level.
    • Vendors who sell certain categories of items (ex. weapons) will appear to be selling such types of items from the tradepost (ex. Crafted/looted weapons.)
    • The items the various vendors through the world or tyria are selling will be changing every 6 hours, unless they get sold out earlier.
    • Items that appear in the tradepost in large quantities will have bigger chances to appear in the stocks of a random vendor.

General

• The collors of the invarioments of various areas have been tweeked to make these areas look more diferent that the others.
  • Completing lower level jumping puzzles will now reward you with half of the loot on your level, and the other half on the level of the area.
  • The looting system has changed. Now 50% of the loot will be on the level of the area, and 50% will be on the level of your character.
…and don’t be toxic!

(edited by Kite.2510)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ravengyre.1246

Ravengyre.1246

I love the idea of the traps and ladders for WvW Kite!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ebax.1320

Ebax.1320

This isn’t a bug, and probably wouldn’t be implemented because it would cause people to spend less money, (both real and in-game currencies) but having armor dyes being account-wide and not character based would be rather nice, considering that I did put forward some real-world dinero to get them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Candiru.5279

Candiru.5279

- mesmer class got removed

in Suggestions

Posted by: lorazcyk.8927

lorazcyk.8927

• Linux client (this isn’t 2005 anymore. You’re making a lot of people pirate Windows because they have no choice)
  • I want Quaggan-made armor (with a nice shell!)
  • Make bosses an actual challenge instead of high-HP. In fact, lower HP by quite a bit, but give them more difficult mechanics to compensate. There’s a difference between annoying and challenging. Right now the bosses are just annoying and boring, not challenging!
  • Sexy armor for men. I want to see their shoulders, their hip bones (those hip bones that make a “V”, show us just a little!), armor split vertically so I can see half their torso including shoulder and breast. Armor showing nice lower thigh muscle from the back. Maybe as you move, it exposes it? Obviously these shouldn’t be default armors, so no one who doesn’t want to wear them has to. And I don’t expect nor want sexual armor, I just want to look stylish and see some skin!
  • Armor that actually lets me see tattoos, luminescence, and fur, specially for male.

I really like the WvW traps idea, Kite Some GvG guild halls in Gw1 had some neat traps!

(edited by lorazcyk.8927)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

DPS Adjustment

All damage is reduced by 20% to give better passive defense to me.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Trismegistos.3046

Trismegistos.3046

fix WvW enemy loading time. (many ppl complain about this. it’s gamebreaking)

fix teleporting/pathing skills. (many ppl complain about this. almost-gamebreaking)

join as group for SPvP.

have a filter to match premades with premades and pugs with pugs.

join as group and as raid in WvW.

give many different options for healthbars and nametags display. (atm it’s a mess in WvW)

give option on graphics for minimal spell effects. (many ppl complain about this. really annoying)

remove forced autobalancing.

no downed state in SPvP.

no more underawter maps for SPvP.

fix the bug that keeps you indefinitely in combat after you stealth in PvE. (sucks having to relog)

latency meter in the UI.

previewing items in the auction house.

more filters in the auction house. (light/medium/heavy armor, hide already unlocked)

optimize thekittengame -_-

skills overhaul. so that skills do 1 or 2 specific things and not 5 lines of attacks, conditions and boons.
this way it’s very button-masher-friendly. make it require more skill and better timing.

let us choose which mini-pets and dyes we want to buy.

i personally want a rapier skin for 1h-swords, and a hatana skin for 2h-swords. and a ginormous round shield like the norn guards :P

in Suggestions

Posted by: Derpinator.2894

Derpinator.2894

- Ranged attack physics have been fixed to better reflect actual physics: You should now see an advantage in range from being located higher up in the world than an opponent on the ground. Further, since an arrow travels in a parabolic arc, small objects like the edges of caste walls in WvWvW and blades of grass or small bumps in the terrain and stairs will no longer obscure targets that are below you. In addition, if any part of the rag-doll of an opponent is visible on screen, there is a chance for the attack to hit. This chance will diminish depending on how much of the rag-doll is visible as well as taking the other standard conditions into account, e.g. distance to target, relative elevation, type of attack, moving target or stationary etc.

- Certain animations like the 1hs “1” key for ranger have been modified. You should now be able to move and strafe during the sequence, as well as interrupt it by dodging. In addition the escape and closer animations such as the “3” key 1hs animation for ranger have been fixed so that the moves can no longer throw you off of walls and bridges and a pair of new options have been added: “maximum range” allows you to choose how far away you “leap” during these animation. It can be preset allowing for instant access, or you can toggle a “channel mode” that increases the length of the leap the longer you hold the key prior to release. “directionality” let’s you choose whether to leap forward or backward, or you can combine this skill with your dodge keys to choose to move in any dodge-enable direction. We anticipate this giving more ability to anticipate where you will land and skillfully handle a variety of situations.

-The Asura have added new gates to each dungeon entrance to and from lion’s arch. This is to facilitate travel and reduce expenses for players who may wish to run to save money on waypoint expenses, but do not appreciate having to hack their way through the mists and/or run for 45 minutes to see if there is a dungeon group available. Oh, and the lfg tool has been revamped to work. And an lfg channel has been created.

- A new collectible tab has been added: For The Forge. Items can be placed here for storage for later use in the great forge.

- Introducing Boon of The Explorer – daily achievement: Each event and dungeon participated in that is in a different location each day will provide an increase in total Karma, xp and gold generated for all subsequent events. This will encourage players to move around the world and continue exploring, rather than merely bunching up in the highest reward areas and repeating the same events. This stacks up to X times and provides a maximum increase of X00% reward. This boon is persistent upon death but resets each day(week/month). — while this is a fun exercise, I’m not a designer so I have no idea what the limits and resets should be. I just know I would rather feel truly rewarded for moving around and doing different things.

As it stands now, traveling feels like a punishment. I think this is completely broken in a game that is all about exploration.

- New feature added: map notation. Now you can add notes to your in game map so you can remember where that node was, or the vendor that sold rare kittens, or which event you really enjoyed and want to repeat, or mechanics of the boss fight that you had 20 levels ago or… etc.

The trading post has been updated. It allows you to purchase the items you’ve searched for. ;p

Drop rates for cloth, leather and all fine crafting items have been increased dramatically, allowing those who are working on crafts which share resource pools to be leveled more synchronously and at closer to level-appropriate times.

A new type of trap has been created. It is the reverse of the enemy-damage model and allows “friendly traps” to be laid so that allies can trigger them in times of need to gain regeneration, quickness, protection etc.

Rangers can now use rifles.

Hit boxes have been modified so that strafing out of line of site of an opponents attack animation will cause the attack to miss, just as would dodging. Animations and AI have been updated so that mobs are now smarter about this to avoid exploits. (I’m looking at you raptor/drake/bear).

Guided missile technology has been mostly removed from the game. Ranged attacks by NPCs that are “in the air” will now MISS if the target moves out of the flight path. This should allow players to survive if more than one ranged attacker decides its their time to die because, yeah, you’re basically toast right now if that’s the case. And we’re really, really sorry we EVER put this one in the game considering the insane spawn times, health pools and damage output of some mobs.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eochaidh.4106

Eochaidh.4106

No inspecting please.

HoM:
Fiery Dragon Sword Finally Usable in PvP

Isn’t it already?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Florianna Mu.1248

Florianna Mu.1248

I agree with everything in the opening post. ANet, please read this and act on it. These are all reasonable quality-of-life suggestions.

in Suggestions

Posted by: yandere.9176

yandere.9176

1. Better dungeon design. Make story mode a nice brezee through and explorable dungeons well, a bit mor worthy exploring.

2. A give up butten in downed state.

3. A working stuck function

4. When you get the cleareance for the FortTrinity asura gates let me use the ones from the other orders please. I am a Pact commander, why will they let me in but not back?

5. Make waypoint travel to ever major city free. It is free anyway it just uses loading screen.

6. Player title earned trom the personal story. I would love to actually have the warmaster title infront of my name.

7. Tengu and Largos as playable races ^^

Desolation – Mistress of significance level

in Suggestions

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

• Removed anti-farming system.

in Suggestions

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

Chat filter option that, instead of replacing stuff with dashes, replaces it with “kitten” the way it does on the forum.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ikavan.2876

Ikavan.2876

about your travel cost thing: free may be a bit much. an alternative is to have a discount for traveling to places you have 100%map completion. 20% or so. this will wntice more people to complete maps

Please note that he said for Cities, not just every place you have 100% completion. It would be a good idea to add a discount to other places you have 100% completion on though.

Main: Ikavan (Human Theif)
Server: Ehmry Bay
Guild: Raiders of the Four Lakes [ROFL]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tradewind.6913

Tradewind.6913

despite the boiling passive aggressive nature of this thread I actually agree with pretty much everything in the OP’s list as it stands today.