There is a desire for mounts! [merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

Why was the last mount thread closed?

A Mod redirected my original thread (now closed) to [https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Mount-and-speed-boost/page/2#post1919124[/url] only to have it closed without explanation. Where the heck do you want us to post about mounts if you close all the threads about them?

So I’m opening a new single thread, because players do want mounts, and we deserve to have an active thread open about it! Here goes:

A lot of gamers, myself included consider collecting mounts their endgame. Also, I miss that soothing feeling I’d get in other mmos when I’m just riding around on my mount, minding my own business and I could hear it’s hooves galloping away especially when paired with epic in game music such as gw2s. Gw2 is a wonderful game, and mounts would make it a 10 in my eyes

I know that we have way points, and mounts are not necessary but it’s just one of those things that make the game for some people. (There are a ton of things in game right now that aren’t needed but people love to have!) I’m not asking for huge ridiculous armored mounts that block your vision. I’m looking for graceful horses that come in many colors (for uniqueness) and maybe have different mane / tail options for people to chose from.

I know people are really worried about people standing on top of npcs with their mounts, and that’s a legitimate concern. I don’t want mounts to disrupt anyone’s game play so I suggest we disallow mounts in major cities and large quest hubs. There could even be a stable outside cities for flavor (maybe even an instanced personal story-esque stable where you could park your horse and pay a lil fee for them to hold it with some cool dialogue!). Stand alone NPCs could have an invisible barrier that dismounts anyone that comes close enough or something.

I know there are many people opposed to mounts, but there are also lots of gamers like me who really really want them. I think if both sides put their heads together we could come up with a solution that could appease everyone!

My idea was to have collectable mounts for open world, and also have battlemounts for wvw.

The battlemounts would be given to all players, would have a slight speed increase. I think it would help for lowbies to keep up with the group, or for mesmers who dislike using a focus. It would put everyone on the same playing field speed-wise. So many time on my lowbies I get left behind by the zerg
Battlemounts armor would represent the color your server is that week and there could be more extravagant looking options later for purchase with badges that have your guild banner draped on them. They would still have the same speed though the higher your rank the cooler your mount would look.

Collectable mounts I see as a slower, unarmored horses for riding around leisurely. There could be an array of colors to chose from and later you could unlock visual upgrades like saddles, reigns and things aviable in the gem store or maybe through achivement points. There could be exclusive mounts that only drop off certain content. The possibilities are endless!

Anet please consider mounts, and please leave this thread open as you’ve closed all the others…

Thanks for reading.

(edited by Snow White.9680)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dragoon.9536

Dragoon.9536

If i will propose a mount speed of 10% max with or equal to city speed boost speed you cannot interact with F while outside of city must be dismounted

You can start with a doylak or what ever the transport animal we got. the movement should not exceed 20 percent speed. The highest buff is 33% and some have double speed. and add in tier mount just like mini pet are.

upon entering combat you dismount.
My reason to suggest this is to provide mount that many player want but does not make you any faster then a non mounted speed runner
And this would give those collectors more then to do oh and since we have evolving world we might as well add in proving your worth by completing a number X of heart of the faction city you then gain access to their racial wares.

Oh and these mount cannot be use in WvW or s-pvp.

Again for those who hate mount do not fear it only maxed at 20% speed Your own buff give 33% and you lose that when you mount

For those that want mount is purely cosmetic and how cool is it to ride some of the large animal.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Garthius.8250

Garthius.8250

I agree with your summary.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CaptainBennett.8157

CaptainBennett.8157

Though it’s littered with grammatical errors, I want to ride on a dolyak and support this suggestion whole-heartedly.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doomguard.5094

Doomguard.5094

Mounts should be like the flying broom is now, no extra speed and no available skills. Purely cosmetic.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GoZero.9708

GoZero.9708

Mounts should be like the flying broom is now, no extra speed and no available skills. Purely cosmetic.

Agree with this 150%.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Agree with this 150%.

Agree and not be huge things that block the player’s sight. And no flying ones that make Vistas way too easy.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

Mounts should be limited to dolyak speed … ie: slower then you run.

AR

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Could people stop please writing such nonsense about mounts ? lol seriously..

What in the name of god would be the god **** sense of having mounts at all, when you wouldn’t be faster with them, than just normally running or at least same as fast like “magical” perma sprinting, which is also up to 33% faster than normal running.

A horse simply runs alot faster, than a running human, so simple as that…
Sure we talk here now about GW2 – a fantasy game, where realism plays often no role, but even a fantasy game should have at least some kind of a spark of realism left over, so that the game stays at least on a trustworthy ground and doesn’t become a game, where fantasy gets so on the roll, that you can’t take anything in the game anymore serious a bit because everything gets answered with the universal excuse – its a fantasy game – I can’t hear it anymore!!! For everyone using this stupid nonsense excuse, I could kill a tiny kitten, seriously :P xD

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sargonnas.4168

Sargonnas.4168

I like raiding and I love mounts…. the only things I liked from WoW, but why would you have mounts if we already have waypoints? That just defeats the purpose to me. It’s like they would have to totally re do the entire game just to add some mounts. And my asura is pretty darn fast…. Don’t need a mount with that li’l guy.

“Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night
because rough men stand ready
to do violence on their behalf.” – George Orwell

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doomguard.5094

Doomguard.5094

Exactly, its not about realism, its about balance. Because we already have waypoints, and the game was build without any mounts in mind, the only way they could work is if they didn’t grant anything special except the cosmetic look.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CaptainBennett.8157

CaptainBennett.8157

Mounts with a speed buff could easily be implemented alongside waypoints.

Purchasing one would allow faster movement for a large one-time payment of currency, instead of slowly draining your wallet every time you choose to use it (like waypoints do).

One could almost call purchasing mounts an investment, saving money in the long term should they be quick enough to compete with waypoint travel. Now, if you want to hop across Tyria in the blink of an eye, utilize the waypoint system to serve as your venue for long-distance travel.

I’m sure I worded this all very strangely, so I apoligize in advance.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Towndrunk.9562

Towndrunk.9562

I would love to have a quaggan mount!

I would ride that quaggan all over the land. I would ride over hills and down into valleys. Even under a dragon just because I can.

(edited by Towndrunk.9562)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Charismatic Harm.9683

Charismatic Harm.9683

Le sigh……..another thread about mounts. :-(

Guild: Member of Charter Vanguard [CV]
Logic will never win an argument on the forums…..only a sense of entitlement will.

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

I would love to have a quaggan mount!

I would ride that quaggan all over the land. I would ride over hills and down into valleys. Even under a dragon just because I can.

Quaggans are about as big as asura…

Anyway, I’m no for mounts. The game has waypoints, use them or enjoy the scenery by walking.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Field Marshal.7946

Field Marshal.7946

You want a speed boost? Easy, give the mini’s special attributes and we can finally stop with all the mount threads that come up here on a daily basis. You want a pet moa, great….now here’s a 5% speed boost. etc.

in Suggestions

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I like raiding and I love mounts…. the only things I liked from WoW, but why would you have mounts if we already have waypoints? That just defeats the purpose to me. It’s like they would have to totally re do the entire game just to add some mounts. And my asura is pretty darn fast…. Don’t need a mount with that li’l guy.

Why have a mount in WoW when you have flight paths? There free to use at anytime once you buy them.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Suggestions

Posted by: Antares.2586

Antares.2586

A little contribution to the ’We want Mounts" topics

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shootsfoot.9276

Shootsfoot.9276

Why have a mount in WoW when you have flight paths? There free to use at anytime once you buy them.

Because they were fun to collect and FPs were just….flightpaths?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

And like the other 100+ mount threads this will get shut down also, give up the dead horse, he doesn’t want anymore beatings

in Suggestions

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

if you could teleport to work, the store, the bar, out to eat, visit family around the country, anytime you wanted, for less than the cost of a gallon of gas per use, would you honestly still use a car for anything, ever?

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rash.6514

Rash.6514

I am not sure I want mounts on this game (WoW player here). As cool as I think it is to fly around, I don’t think that is the focus of this game. Now, perhaps a passive, out-of-combat, speed boost would be really nice.

in Suggestions

Shootsfoot.9276

I am not sure I want mounts on this game (WoW player here). As cool as I think it is to fly around, I don’t think that is the focus of this game. Now, perhaps a passive, out-of-combat, speed boost would be really nice.

I don’t think anybody wants flying mounts.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tJunt.9430

tJunt.9430

I completely agree

in Suggestions

Posted by: Antares.2586

Antares.2586

Purely cosmetic would be fine, and would be the easiest way to implement it.
Many profession can already swap skills to have near-always up speed boosts…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

if you could teleport to work, the store, the bar, out to eat, visit family around the country, anytime you wanted, for less than the cost of a gallon of gas per use, would you honestly still use a car for anything, ever?

If you owned a Ferrari (or any exotic supercar) would it change your mind?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Nope, I’m economical. I’m pretty sure the horse here is beyond beaten. What we really need a suggestion for is something worse than beating a dead horse.

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Angelwood.7652

Angelwood.7652

You sir, are my hero for saying that
I salute you!

“In due time, all will serve the Asura”
Jester – Hand of Blood [HoB]
Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

No, since a Ferrari is crappy gas mileage. Although at that having that car means your not worried about it, but in the sense of being able to teleport every where why would you need it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esthetx.6412

Esthetx.6412

Mounts don’t use gas.

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Mounts don’t use gas.

Nah, they just expel it.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DietPepsi.4371

DietPepsi.4371

A little contribution to the ’We want Mounts" topics

That’s awesome.

You stand to benefit more from making friends than making enemies.

Also I hate my user ID.

in Suggestions

DietPepsi.4371

What in the name of god would be the god **** sense of having mounts at all, when you wouldn’t be faster with them, than just normally running or at least same as fast like “magical” perma sprinting, which is also up to 33% faster than normal running.

Pointless aesthetic things, like emotes, for example, just make the games funner; it makes it feel like it’s got a higher degree of interactivity; making it more immersive, not to mention in terms of transport I think it’s a psychological thing: e.g. while housing allow a safe place to live, transport allows a person to travel without having to use up energy they would rather use to find food(well in this day and age finding food is called shopping). I assume this also translates into games as well, hence why alot of people who play GW2 would like the addition of houses as well as mounts. =)

Also I hate my user ID.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xephier.1647

Xephier.1647

What’s the sense in good looking armor, should just be done with that and have everyone look the same cuz stuff that sets you apart from other people and improves the prestige and overall look of your character is pointless >,>

in Suggestions

Posted by: Roman Legionary.6715

Roman Legionary.6715

Though it’s littered with grammatical errors, I want to ride on a dolyak and support this suggestion whole-heartedly.

I completely agree except the riding a dolyak part, I just want to slap them.

in Suggestions

DietPepsi.4371

I completely agree except the riding a dolyak part, I just want to slap them.

What about slap the bull?

Also I hate my user ID.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

Here is one nobody ever thinks of……Cosmetic or Traditional matters not…just give the mounts some skills while they are participating…they could have a race tracks all over to race the mounts. There is already one racetrack in LA.

Kinda like RollerBeetle Racing from GW 1, but with skills that would benefit whatever mount you was riding. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Rollerbeetle_Race
Maybe even make them have costume skills so you can battle with them or
possibly reward costume brawl points for wins in a race. Just don’t introduce a new token as a reward, use one of the already in place tokens or commendations or something like that.

Hows that for something new?

in Suggestions

DietPepsi.4371

Here is one nobody ever thinks of……Cosmetic or Traditional matters not…just give the mounts some skills while they are participating…they could have a race tracks all over to race the mounts. There is already one racetrack in LA.

Kinda like RollerBeetle Racing from GW 1, but with skills that would benefit whatever mount you was riding. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Rollerbeetle_Race
Maybe even make them have costume skills so you can battle with them or
possibly reward costume brawl points for wins in a race. Just don’t introduce a new token as a reward, use one of the already in place tokens or commendations or something like that.

Hows that for something new?

I for one wasn’t suggesting that (their own skill sets) because I thought it might be less popular with those who don’t want mounts. I dunno though, perhaps I’m wrong.
+ I’d love to race Charr tanks or motorcycles in the black Citadels underground race track. =P

Also I hate my user ID.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Patchup.1053

Patchup.1053

A mount would be nice for cosmetic reasons. A slight speed increase might encourage more exploration, rather than way point around. The cost of a WP is designed to do this as well.

But I would not want it to pull away from exploration, so no flying mounts.

Make it a Gem Store purchase with some mounts as a rare/holiday/event drop.

The RP utility is obviously there. Plus we need something to ride when we wear our riding clothes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

Why no speed boost? Not on a mount in city’s you can have a permanent speedboost because you can get boost every few meters and outside of a city you also have a lot of options to get speed boost and then what is the problem if the speed boost of a mount would be a little faster then you now have with the available speed-boost?

I don’t get the problem.

During the beta I did see people saying it would be possible to skip content and that it would decrease the world-size but waypoints do that even more.

And about the people saying that mounts should have no speed-boost.. Somehow I have the feeling that where the same people (or at least a lot of them) that use to say there should be no mounts at all.

About the flying mounts. I don’t think we will see those anytime soon because of the way the game is build. All maps are instances and you should need to get rid of that when introducing flying mounts. I don’t say they will never do that but it’s a big thing. Looking at the lore flying mounts would make a lot of sense with the choppers flaying around, the zeppelins and of course the dragons.

“Make it a Gem Store purchase with some mounts as a rare/holiday/event drop.”
But if they introduce them please DOT NOT make them only Gem Store purchase. For a lot of people collecting mounts and mini’s is end-content buy buying them from a gem-store does take that away. It’s no problem if some mounts are in the gem-store but most should be available in the game.

(edited by Devata.6589)

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

I’m fine with mounts, but if they start releasing mounts and LA just gets cluttered with people who have absolutly nothing better to do than shove their doylak’s behind in your face while your trying to click the tp npc, then I demand an elephant gun to gun them down and put their “mount” on a 48 hour cooldown.

Also they deserve absolutly nothing but for looks, like the broom. It isn’t a speed buff, it doesn’t allow you to dodge on it, it’s just to look “funny” or entertain some people in game. Town clothes serve the purpose of looking strange, so mounts can fill that spot but no speed buff, no over-sized animals, nothing but simple stuff that also fit lore. Come to think of it, I don’t ever see any npc of any kind mount anything but a machine… Asurans hopping inside a golem doesnt count, norns walk along side their doylaks, charr are the mount, humans just run (logan joke, HA!), and sylvari are too in tune with nature to consider enslaving any animal for a “mount”. Don’t really see mounts fitting lore…

And devata, the point of no speed bonus is there to not make mounts a necessity. If you had an actual bonus from a mount, wvw would drastically change as the few who have time or money to get a mount would suddenly be trampling the mists and the rest would be left behind in the dust. Wp do take away from content, but keep in mind you had to go there on foot to get to that wp at 1 time didn’t you? If you had a mount with a speed boost you could run past mobs faster than before and just run through poi/wp/events and finish maps in a fraction of the time. In open worlds where there is tons to explore, mounts work. With how small and closed off zones are, there is already too little to really explore aside from looking for the hidden jp here and there.

If you wana ride a doylak with no speed buffs and get kicked off at the first hint of any damage just so you can look “cool” for a couple of seconds then w/e. But big kitten no to any speed buff from any “mounts”.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

(edited by NinjaEd.3946)

in Suggestions

Shootsfoot.9276

Why no speed boost? Not on a mount in city’s you can have a permanent speedboost because you can get boost every few meters and outside of a city you also have a lot of options to get speed boost and then what is the problem if the speed boost of a mount would be a little faster then you now have with the available speed-boost?

I don’t get the problem.

During the beta I did see people saying it would be possible to skip content and that it would decrease the world-size but waypoints do that even more.

And about the people saying that mounts should have no speed-boost.. Somehow I have the feeling that where the same people (or at least a lot of them) that use to say there should be no mounts at all.

About the flying mounts. I don’t think we will see those anytime soon because of the way the game is build. All maps are instances and you should need to get rid of that when introducing flying mounts. I don’t say they will never do that but it’s a big thing. Looking at the lore flying mounts would make a lot of sense with the choppers flaying around, the zeppelins and of course the dragons.

But if they introduce them please DOT NOT make them only Gem Store purchase. For a lot of people collecting mounts and mini’s is end-content buy buying them from a gem-store does take that away. It’s no problem if some mounts are in the gem-store but most should be available in the game.

WoW having something in the game makes it an automatic “No!” in this game to a lot of people due to some irrational fear that it automatically makes GW2 a WoW clone and spawns elitism, as if it isn’t already rampant in this game anyway.

As I’ve said before, having mounts as rewards for achievements, random drops, and gem store purchases would make a ton of money for Anet.

I really dislike this waypoint system. Just being able to click on a map and go to a waypoint from anywhere in the world makes no sense in the game at all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kwishin.5124

Kwishin.5124

Mounts would give players another item to strive for, which could be a good or bad thing. I personally like mounts, and see it a one more thing that distinguishes me from other players.

People will hate the fact that they would have to grind for something else, but it would help add to keeping people interested in playing the game longer.
Waypoints are wonderful, but they do cost 2.5 silverish to teleport. That adds up, with all the new content such as guild rushes and bounties, but probably not enough to offset the cost of a mount anytime soon. However, mesmers would love to have some kind of speed boast.

Anet could also make mounts items in the gem store, and would DEFINITELY see an increase in their profits for adding them. But, the addition of programing animations for the mounts as well as balance may be a factor in the upfront costs. As I see it, it would be more beneficial for Anet and the player base to add mounts than to not.

in Suggestions

NinjaEd.3946

I don’t get the problem.

WoW having something in the game makes it an automatic “No!” in this game to a lot of people due to some irrational fear that it automatically makes GW2 a WoW clone and spawns elitism, as if it isn’t already rampant in this game anyway.

As I’ve said before, having mounts as rewards for achievements, random drops, and gem store purchases would make a ton of money for Anet.

I really dislike this waypoint system. Just being able to click on a map and go to a waypoint from anywhere in the world makes no sense in the game at all.

WoW isn’t/wasn’t the only game with mounts. Many games have mounts.

Mounts simply don’t fit lore, and anet breaking lore doesn’t make them “different” it just makes them irresponsible. The broom was hardly a start to mounts, they wanted to put out some fun town clothes and they succeeded. Just because the broom is between your legs and it moves doesn’t mean its a “mount” as other mmos have used. It is a town clothing item and offers nothing but looks which btw, is what end-game for gw is about. Looking you’re best and showing off any acheivments you got (titles, achivement points, minis). If you want a speed boost, equip that signet of yours or find something with perma swiftness. Outside of that, just dance in LA like every other person who thinks mounts are necessary does.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

I don’t get the problem.

Mounts simply don’t fit lore, and anet breaking lore doesn’t make them “different” it just makes them irresponsible. The broom was hardly a start to mounts, they wanted to put out some fun town clothes and they succeeded. Just because the broom is between your legs and it moves doesn’t mean its a “mount” as other mmos have used. It is a town clothing item and offers nothing but looks which btw, is what end-game for gw is about. Looking you’re best and showing off any acheivments you got (titles, achivement points, minis). If you want a speed boost, equip that signet of yours or find something with perma swiftness. Outside of that, just dance in LA like every other person who thinks mounts are necessary does.

“Mounts simply don’t fit lore” How do they not fit the lore? Not having mounts does not fit the lore. There are horse carriages but no horses (mounts), there are dolyaks that are being used to transport material but nobody uses it to ride on? There is a submarine in the game, the Charr build bad-mobiles that are parked in their main city, there are helicopters in the game, there are zeppelins in the game, there is a Moa racer in the game. It would fit the lore if people then also can mount. It makes no sense for the lore that you have all those thinks but nobody would be able to use them / mount.

What does not fit the lore are mini soldiers. But mounts do fit the lore.

About the end-game, minis would be end-game if you could earn them in the game. Now they are gem-items and gem-items are extra’s, not end-game.

About the broom. Thats no mount it is just a fun item? Just because you are sitting on it and it does move you does not not yet make it a mount? Lol, oke then I think I can make a deal between you and the people who want mounts. Those people do not get mounts, they just get a nice item, machine, pet they can sit on and that can move them. Just with a little speed-boost to make it extra fun. No mounts, just horses they can ride on and so on. Looking you’re best and showing off there cool item, machine, pet!

BTW I have the signet equipped and in addition use the speed-boost from he warhorn all the time. So what would be the problem of having that speed-boost (maybe even 1% faster) while sitting on a mount that indeed totally does fit the lore?

(edited by Devata.6589)

in Suggestions

NinjaEd.3946

“Mounts simply don’t fit lore” How do they not fit the lore? Not having mounts does not fit the lore. There are horse carriages but no horses (mounts), there are dolyaks that are being used to transport material but nobody uses it to ride on? There is a submarine in the game, the Charr build bad-mobiles that are parked in their main city, there are helicopters in the game, there are zeppelins in the game, there is a Moa racer in the game. It would fit the lore if people then also can mount. It makes no sense for the lore that you have all those thinks but nobody would be able to use them / mount.

What does not fit the lore are mini soldiers. But mounts do fit the lore.

About the end-game, minis would be end-game if you could earn them in the game. Now they are gem-items and gem-items are extra’s, not end-game.

About the broom. Thats no mount it is just a fun item? Just because you are sitting on it and it does move you does not make it a mount? Lol, oke then I think I can make a deal between you and the people who want mounts. Those people do not get mounts, they just get a nice item, machine, pet they can sit on and that can move them. Just with a little speed-boost to make it extra fun. No mounts, just horses they can ride on and so on.

BTW I have the signet equipped and in addition use the speed-boost from he warhorn all the time. So what would be the problem of having that speed-boost (maybe even 1% faster) while sitting on a mount that indeed totally does fit the lore?

Minis can be bought with laurels, which are in-game (some not all) as can some minis be made during holidays (toy ______) so…..

Helicopters? those arn’t mounts those are vehicles. What people call mount is usually an animal of some sort and I hardly call a machine “living”.

They don’t fit lore, because no one ever rides them (npc’s). You don’t see a cutscene with them riding one, you don’t see them in town or in the world riding them. They are always along side the “mount” so no, they don’t fit lore. Theoretically, could someone jump on the back of a doylak and ride it around? Sure if the game mechanics allowed that option. Does it happen? No. Why? Because there is no need with the recently introduced asuran gates and caravans/escorts seem more appropriate when the escorted is defending their transport, not sitting on its back waiting in hopes that some random player(s) will join them and fend off the ambush.

And even .0001% movement bonus is more than 0%. Running a zerg with group swiftness is working fine and takes coordination if you don’t want the zerg slipping further back. Add mounts and suddenly some people have a hard time keeping up. Whats your excuse for those people then? They should just get a mount to keep up? No. Aesthetics are fine because it just lets you look cool/funny. Exclusive bonuses aren’t fair to those who don’t have the time/money to invest to get them. This is a casual mmo for the most part being that time invested won’t statistically make you superior to others. Whether you have a Pearl broadsword or a twilight, the weapon damage is the same but the twilight sure looks nice. Do legendaries grant any stat bonus? Nope. Neither should “mounts” if added.

(edited by NinjaEd.3946)

in Suggestions

Shootsfoot.9276

I don’t get the problem.

Or you get snarky answers from the lore-junkies like this.

As if standing anywhere on the map and being able to teleport instantly to any waypoint without having to be at another one fits the “lore.”

Anyway, like I said, mounts would make Anet a lot of money, barring the few people who feel this way.

in Suggestions

Shootsfoot.9276

They don’t fit lore, because no one ever rides them (npc’s). You don’t see a cutscene with them riding one, you don’t see them in town or in the world riding them. They are always along side the “mount” so no, they don’t fit lore. Theoretically, could someone jump on the back of a doylak and ride it around? Sure if the game mechanics allowed that option. Does it happen? No. Why? Because there is no need with the recently introduced asuran gates and caravans/escorts seem more appropriate when the escorted is defending their transport, not sitting on its back waiting in hopes that some random player(s) will join them and fend off the ambush.

Apparently you never played GW1, because there were NPCs on dolyaks all the time.

Anyway, it’s obvious you’re stuck on your opinion, so no point in continuing.

I’ll just never understand people so entrenched in the thinking of “it never happened before, therefore it can never happen in the future,” though.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

For the Lore argument, may I add, so someone came up with crudy Lore. You do not have to keep doubling down on it. If a large numbers of customers want something, you give it to them. Or suffer the consequences when someone else does.

If you like GW2 and want it to t last, making it fun and rewarding should be a top priority. If people want mounts, let’s have mounts. For mounts flying up to the VP’s, why not? It’s easy is not an argument. Because there’s nothing wrong with easy!!!!! Especially if it Feels good as you soar up to it on your flying mount.

This is a game. Feeling good and having a great immersive experience should come first. This game lacks in having that….. Especially for an RPG!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Suggestions

Shootsfoot.9276

Meh, I don’t want flying mounts.