There is a desire for mounts! [merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Topic number 2000 or something from you about mounts, isn’t it?
There is a reason the threads are getting locked/removed, and I am quite sure that recreating them several hundred times will not make them stay longer and will possibly lead to you getting banned for spamming.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

I know people are really worried about people standing on top of npcs with their mounts, and that’s a legitimate concern. I don’t want mounts to disrupt anyone’s game play so I suggest we disallow mounts in major cities and large quest hubs. There could even be a stable outside cities for flavor (maybe even an instanced personal story-esque stable where you could park your horse and pay a lil fee for them to hold it with some cool dialogue!). Stand alone NPCs could have an invisible barrier that dismounts anyone that comes close enough or something.

I know there are many people opposed to mounts, but there are also lots of gamers like me who really really want them. I think if both sides put their heads together we could come up with a solution that could appease everyone!

I do not want them banned from towns and outposts…

The Npc’s already have an area around them that is normally referred to as Collision Detection
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collision_detection

When you get into this area you will notice that the Press F button to interact will pop up on the screen. The game already has an area to prevent mounts from standing in the loading zone so to speak. In my earlier draft of this particular compromise, I said that the mount could enter this area and after three seconds if you had not moved it would dismount you even if you are still moving inside the area. So you could pass though the area without being dismounted just for passing by and idiots could not wiggle their controls on top of the Npc to forgo the dismount timer and irritate the nay-sayer.
The only problem is, right now someone can get a tonic that will make them 5 times larger than current size and could sit on top of a Npc just to be annoying if they wanted to and there is no disrobe feature for anyone that keeps that from happening.

If mounts did get a continuous speed buff, mount riders would still want to be riding them in towns.

Well, there is also technical reason to ban mounts from towns: Towns tend to have a lot of people. Even now the amount of players shown is heavily restricted. Adding mounts that have relatively complex models, hence requiring relatively high amount of polygons, would require the devs to drop the max amount of player models you can see in towns. I’m sure anyone who worked hard for some prestige items would find this most unsatisfying developement. Right?

Not to mention that… Dolyeaks behind… I’m sure I’ve mentioned a few times. In towns, mounts would just be tools to grief other players.

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

Well, I’m assuming no post was deleted, which would indicate no infraction, hence no email. However, if a mod thought that the thread was moving to a more hostile or offtopic direction, that would explain why it was locked.
I can’t really think of another reason, it’s a shame since I think we were just about make some progress…

Anyways, there are a few problems with mounts, I’ll just restate them quickly, I’m sure you know what I’m talking about:
1. Speedbuff mounts (Easier farming, WvW ruined, basically forces those who do not want mounts get a mount, ect.)
2. Cosmetic mounts (Slippery slope, lack of cohesion among pro mounters, leads to speedbuff mounts)
3. Areas where mounts could be used (I still don’t want a dolyaks behind on my face)
4. What to do when entering combat? Thow the player down? Mounted combat?
5. Tools for elitists players – You don’t have black moa mount? No party.
6. Lore, mounts just don’t seem to fit in the lore on the RPers point of view. (There haven’t been mounted humans for more than 250 years for example.)

Now, I’m sure there was more, but those are what I can remember off the top of my head.

Also, I’d be curious to know why exactly you want mounts?

1. No one would be forced to get a mount! Pro-Mount has already stated no more speed buff than that already exists.
2. I think we should be able to race them, count the progress towards Costume Brawl.
3. I have given you that answer many times already.
4. I would like to see Mounted combat. If the general consensus is not in WvW I think they could do very well to introduce a specific area for all out mounted combat(think land, sea and air).
5. I hate elitism myself, but I think if you see #1 you get my answer.
6. What do you mean there is pics in the game showing mounts being ridden, there is dialogue about riding moa’s, and there is Asuran Technology that could easily put you in direct contact with a horse, its as easy as opening a gate.

And I guess its time for me to coin a new phrase. I want mounts cause I am a PRONY!!!…..pro mount+pony! I just love them. Same goes for fishing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shootsfoot.9276

Shootsfoot.9276

Asura technology links you to one place and transports you to another in the same manner as an Asura gate but with a fee and far more convenient. If you’d like all races but humans, norn and Asura removed from the game(since by lore charr are demon-worshipping psychopaths incapable of being playable, right? And sylvari have no logical reason to exist, right?), be my guest.

Wow, you used an entire hay field for all those strawmen.

Asura technology links you to one place and transports you to another FROM ONE GATE TO ANOTHER. Not from anywhere on the map. You don’t even have to go to one of the waypoints to get to another.

(edited by Shootsfoot.9276)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

As if standing anywhere on the map and being able to teleport instantly to any waypoint without having to be at another one fits the “lore.”

I have a question for you….What would happen if this was true and the only way to use a waypoint was that you had to be standing at another waypoint? Not saying that the beam me up ala Star Trek method could not really work(in theory), just saying would any one oppose the idea of making the waypoints only work when they are connected.

My point was people whine about mounts breaking “lore” and “immersion” when they don’t have a problem with being able to hit “M” and instantly teleport to anywhere in the world.

It’s a bad argument.

Asura technology links you to one place and transports you to another in the same manner as an Asura gate but with a fee and far more convenient. If you’d like all races but humans, norn and Asura removed from the game(since by lore charr are demon-worshipping psychopaths incapable of being playable, right? And sylvari have no logical reason to exist, right?), be my guest.

[/quote]

Wow, you used an entire hay field for all those strawmen.

Asura technology links you to one place and transports you to another FROM ONE GATE TO ANOTHER. Not from anywhere on the map. You don’t even have to go to one of the waypoints to get to another.

[/quote]

Gates =/= waypoints.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

I know people are really worried about people standing on top of npcs with their mounts, and that’s a legitimate concern. I don’t want mounts to disrupt anyone’s game play so I suggest we disallow mounts in major cities and large quest hubs. There could even be a stable outside cities for flavor (maybe even an instanced personal story-esque stable where you could park your horse and pay a lil fee for them to hold it with some cool dialogue!). Stand alone NPCs could have an invisible barrier that dismounts anyone that comes close enough or something.

I know there are many people opposed to mounts, but there are also lots of gamers like me who really really want them. I think if both sides put their heads together we could come up with a solution that could appease everyone!

The Npc’s already have an area around them that is normally referred to as Collision Detection

When you get into this area you will notice that the Press F button to interact will pop up on the screen. The game already has an area to prevent mounts from standing in the loading zone so to speak. In my earlier draft of this particular compromise, I said that the mount could enter this area and after three seconds if you had not moved it would dismount you even if you are still moving inside the area. So you could pass though the area without being dismounted just for passing by and idiots could not wiggle their controls on top of the Npc to forgo the dismount timer and irritate the nay-sayer.
The only problem is, right now someone can get a tonic that will make them 5 times larger than current size and could sit on top of a Npc just to be annoying if they wanted to and there is no disrobe feature for anyone that keeps that from happening.

If mounts did get a continuous speed buff, mount riders would still want to be riding them in towns.

Not to mention that… Dolyeaks behind… I’m sure I’ve mentioned a few times. In towns, mounts would just be tools to grief other players.

You didn’t read what I said did you? I said there is a means in game already to grief players standing on top of Npc’s.
The more I listen to you, the more I think you are just enjoying giving grief to other people by posting on these threads. I think you don’t really care one way or the other, its the satisfaction you get from aggravating someone in opposition, that is what you really desire?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

Gj reopening this thread. Thanks Mods!

in Suggestions

Fred Fargone.3127

1. No one would be forced to get a mount! Pro-Mount has already stated no more speed buff than that already exists.

What I mean is that, if you can get any bonus from your mount, then it basically forces you to have one. (Unless the bonus you’re talking about is something like occasional speedbuff, not constant 33%, and the mount would remove your bar. Preferrably in the kind of manner that lets the slowest profession still move as quickly as a mount does, to ensure nobody would gain from getting a mount, and therefore not be forced to get one.)

2. I think we should be able to race them, count the progress towards Costume Brawl.

When I said “cosmetic mounts” I was referring to the second category pro-mounters have proposed, as in mounts that give you absolutely no speedbuff and are there just to look good. I’d have very little against cosmetic mounts, except that it would just lead to more mount threads that now demand speedbuffs for the mounts because slow moving mounts are ridiculous in their opinion.

Yes, I believe many of these points have been adressed quite a few times. So… No city mounts?

4. I would like to see Mounted combat. If the general consensus is not in WvW I think they could do very well to introduce a specific area for all out mounted combat(think land, sea and air).

Flying mounts are out of the question tho, they’d break pretty much every single map.
And if it’s mounted combat, do you mean that ANet needs to make a combat bar for each of the mounts, or just regular combat but done on top of the mount?

Oh, elitism has nothing to do with abilities that mount gives. The mount could be purely cosmetic, but as an collectable, there would be certain mounts that are more difficult to earn, like pets in GW1.
This could work as a substitute for damage meter when you try to get in to a dungeon group.

6. What do you mean there is pics in the game showing mounts being ridden, there is dialogue about riding moa’s, and there is Asuran Technology that could easily put you in direct contact with a horse, its as easy as opening a gate.

Then again, while developers work together with lore writers, I do not think the concept artists do.
And of course you could have a minigame where the point is to do something dumb, such as trying to stay on top of a moa, but that is still far from turning moas to mounts. Wolf didn’t turn into dog overnight…. Maybe we’ll see mounts in GW3?

And I guess its time for me to coin a new phrase. I want mounts cause I am a PRONY!!!…..pro mount+pony! I just love them. Same goes for fishing.

^_^

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible

in Suggestions

Fred Fargone.3127

You didn’t read what I said did you? I said there is a means in game already to grief players standing on top of Npc’s.
The more I listen to you, the more I think you are just enjoying giving grief to other people by posting on these threads. I think you don’t really care one way or the other, its the satisfaction you get from aggravating someone in opposition, that is what you really desire?

Well, that is the type of hostility I was talking about earlier. Could you drop it?
Not to mention that your assumption is, of course, incorrect.

If there are means in the game to grief other players going about their bussiness in the towns, the correct way to address those is not to add more means to grief other players going about their bussiness in the towns. That would seem highly illogical to me.

in Suggestions

Snow White.9680

In an ideal world, we could make everyone happy. Unfortunately, that is not the case and both sides need to compromise a bit and come to an agreement that gives pro-mounts what they want, without trampling all over anti-mount’s game play.

That’s what this thread is for, lets try to keep it constructive.

in Suggestions

Fred Fargone.3127

In an ideal world, we could make everyone happy. Unfortunately, that is not the case and both sides need to compromise a bit and come to an agreement that gives pro-mounts what they want, without trampling all over anti-mount’s game play.

That’s what this thread is for, lets try to keep it constructive.

Now that is one thing I can agree on

Should we get a mod to combine these two threads tho?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

I want mounts too and I will always be here to upvote those posts.

Having them as an end game collection item for cosmetic purposes only would be one way to do them, nice idea.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

in Suggestions

Fred Fargone.3127

I want mounts too and I will always be here to upvote those posts.

Having them as an end game collection item for cosmetic purposes only would be one way to do them, nice idea.

Since there is a lot of objections against mounts, wouldn’t polymock pieces make better collectibles?

in Suggestions

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

This game needs mounts. Waypoints suck, and are way too expensive.

in Suggestions

Fred Fargone.3127

This game needs mounts. Waypoints suck, and are way too expensive.

I don’t think we should encourage inflation. Therefore, we should not reduce the effectiveness of gold sinks. Right?

in Suggestions

Snow White.9680

Agreed.

A neat idea to help with gold sinks could be stables placed outside of cities to park your mounts for a fee.

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

What I mean is that, if you can get any bonus from your mount, then it basically forces you to have one. (Unless the bonus you’re talking about is something like occasional speedbuff, not constant 33%, and the mount would remove your bar. Preferrably in the kind of manner that lets the slowest profession still move as quickly as a mount does, to ensure nobody would gain from getting a mount, and therefore not be forced to get one.)

When I said “cosmetic mounts” I was referring to the second category pro-mounters have proposed, as in mounts that give you absolutely no speedbuff and are there just to look good. I’d have very little against cosmetic mounts, except that it would just lead to more mount threads that now demand speedbuffs for the mounts because slow moving mounts are ridiculous in their opinion.

Yes, I believe many of these points have been addressed quite a few times. So… No city mounts?

Flying mounts are out of the question tho, they’d break pretty much every single map.
And if it’s mounted combat, do you mean that ANet needs to make a combat bar for each of the mounts, or just regular combat but done on top of the mount?

Oh, elitism has nothing to do with abilities that mount gives. The mount could be purely cosmetic, but as an collectable, there would be certain mounts that are more difficult to earn, like pets in GW1.
This could work as a substitute for damage meter when you try to get in to a dungeon group.

Then again, while developers work together with lore writers, I do not think the concept artists do.
And of course you could have a minigame where the point is to do something dumb, such as trying to stay on top of a moa, but that is still far from turning moas to mounts. Wolf didn’t turn into dog overnight…. Maybe we’ll see mounts in GW3?

^_^

1. Actually I would love for the speed buff skills to be displaced with other type skills.
2. nothing to say here
3. I want to be able to ride in town! I have re given that solution to the butt in your face problem you are so empathetic to.
4. I will say it again “you did not read what I said!” I said SPECIFIC AREA to lay out this type of combat.
5. I see a point here, the person can only pull out the golden chain from the monkey butt with a lot of great difficulty and skill, thus when you trade in the golden chain for the reward of x-mount, thus proving that you have the skill to do some idiotic task that the elitist will latch onto to make their party groups. But what happens when they introduce new LFG tool. gonna have to wait and see.
6. Obviously.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Claudius.5381

Claudius.5381

I don’t like mounts at all. Please don’t introduce them. Seriously.

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

Well, that is the type of hostility I was talking about earlier. Could you drop it?
Not to mention that your assumption is, of course, incorrect.

If there are means in the game to grief other players going about their bussiness in the towns, the correct way to address those is not to add more means to grief other players going about their bussiness in the towns. That would seem highly illogical to me.

I am not being hostile, I was not assuming, it was a question that was worded so that it may have the appearance of an assumption. I am wondering could you drop the butt argument instead, it doesn’t seem to hold up any legitimate validity.

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

Agreed.

A neat idea to help with gold sinks could be stables placed outside of cities to park your mounts for a fee.

Mounts are a kind of gold sink in that they could be expensive items taking a lot of gold out of the system all in one fell swoop. I don’t want to pay to ride each time or have to locate a stable just to be able to ride, I just want to ride MY mount when and where ever I want to ride em.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shootsfoot.9276

Shootsfoot.9276

Gates =/= waypoints.

/facepalm

in Suggestions

Fred Fargone.3127

3. I want to be able to ride in town! I have re given that solution to the butt in your face problem you are so empathetic to.

You indeed have given a solution to merchant problem, but maybe I should elaborate how that does not solve the town problem?
You see, pretty much the entire town is a social zone where players tend to do bussiness, which might not always require standing near a interactable character. People dance, look for parties, roleplay, ect. How irritating do you think it would be to have to relocate your dance group the whole time because some guy wishes to block your entire performance with his dolyak? And yeah, I know, enlargement potions, but that is another suggestion entirely.

And ofc what I said earlier about less playermodels visible is still true.

4. I will say it again “you did not read what I said!” I said SPECIFIC AREA to lay out this type of combat.

If you’re going to say “you did not read what I said!” Atleast prove you’ve readen my entire point by addressing the rest of it, mkay? Nobody wants to appear as a hypocrite, right?
Besides, I was just saying that flying mounts are out of the question as they would break the currently existing maps. If you want a minigame with flying mounts, possible, but other than that, no.

Agreed.

Mounts are a kind of gold sink in that they could be expensive items taking a lot of gold out of the system all in one fell swoop. I don’t want to pay to ride each time or have to locate a stable just to be able to ride, I just want to ride MY mount when and where ever I want to ride em.

If there must be mounts, there needs to be a regular fee associated with using the mounts. Or that is at least how I feel.
Unless they are purely cosmetic.

(edited by Fred Fargone.3127)

in Suggestions

Fred Fargone.3127

I am not being hostile, I was not assuming, it was a question that was worded so that it may have the appearance of an assumption. I am wondering could you drop the butt argument instead, it doesn’t seem to hold up any legitimate validity.

Where I come from, questions tend to end with a question mark.

Could we forget about the claim that mounts fit in the lore, since that doesn’t seem to hold up any legimate validity.
Oh, it is apparently easy to claim the opposing argument is not valid. How interesting. I bet it is equally easy to claim the opponent didn’t read a word I said, eh?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chrispytoast.3698

Chrispytoast.3698

This game needs mounts like I need a skin-deteriorating virus. Imagine the charr who already run on all fours now getting a mount that runs on all fours. Why does that make sense at all. Waypoints are fine. The cost for a WP is really not that high. I WP all over the place going to world events and working on map completion and I still have plenty of money.

Save the orphans of Divinity’s Reach
Send Gold to: Chrispytoast

in Suggestions

Snow White.9680

It’s not really about cost for me. I can make the WP fees fine just with regular play. It’s about the epic feeling I get running around on my trusty horse Phillipe! (yes, I name my mounts. ) Horses are my favorite animal and I just really miss having one to call my own.
GW2 is by far the best mmo out there but it’s missing something for me… No horses!

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

You indeed have given a solution to merchant problem, but maybe I should elaborate how that does not solve the town problem?
You see, pretty much the entire town is a social zone where players tend to do bussiness, which might not always require standing near a interactable character. People dance, look for parties, roleplay, ect. How irritating do you think it would be to have to relocate your dance group the whole time because some guy wishes to block your entire performance with his dolyak? And yeah, I know, enlargement potions, but that is another suggestion entirely.

And ofc what I said earlier about less playermodels visible is still true.

If you’re going to say “you did not read what I said!” Atleast prove you’ve readen my entire point by addressing the rest of it, mkay? Nobody wants to appear as a hypocrite, right?
Besides, I was just saying that flying mounts are out of the question as they would break the currently existing maps. If you want a minigame with flying mounts, possible, but other than that, no.

Agreed.

If there must be mounts, there needs to be a regular fee associated with using the mounts. Or that is at least how I feel.
Unless they are purely cosmetic.

If you set up a dance in the middle of the street, you might expect someone is just gonna walk though. In real life the street would have to be shut down, and the people at whatever function it was, would be there and realize it was entertainment and not just go about walking though the dance number, other than that you don’t own the street. And who is to say that maybe the person is setting on top of his mount dancing right along with you.

Playermodels , well lets see, I am not sure that this is even a problem, I am not sure that you know they are for that matter. If someone who knows the true answer could interject that would be grand. We all could learn something in the process.

You still didn’t read it, oh I am sorry I should say comprehend it. I know you are saying that flying mounts would break current maps and all. But I just said for there to be a specific area for mounted combat to take place, a New area aka MvM and not just land based but sea and air based mounts as well, also these could very well be machines that the Charr made! Your sign off with the “but other than that, no.” makes me think you may have read it but you didn’t comprehend it.

For the use of a mount. I do not agree to a charge by usage type set up, I do not want to rent the mount, I want to own the mount. Ownership provides a greater feeling of attachment.

in Suggestions

Fred Fargone.3127

If you set up a dance in the middle of the street, you might expect someone is just gonna walk though. In real life the street would have to be shut down, and the people at whatever function it was, would be there and realize it was entertainment and not just go about walking though the dance number, other than that you don’t own the street. And who is to say that maybe the person is setting on top of his mount dancing right along with you.

You’ve never heard of street performers? No, the street does not need to be shut down. And no, they’re not on the way. And no, that guy with the huge dolyak is not dancing with us.

Playermodels , well lets see, I am not sure that this is even a problem, I am not sure that you know they are for that matter. If someone who knows the true answer could interject that would be grand. We all could learn something in the process.

I can assure you, there is a limit to how many polygons you can tell your gpu to draw. Why do you think not all player models are visible (drawn) all the time? Just because someone thought it would be cool littel piece of code to make most of them disappear? Would you perhaps like to argue that 1+1 equals 3 next?

You still didn’t read it, oh I am sorry I should say comprehend it. I know you are saying that flying mounts would break current maps and all. But I just said for there to be a specific area for mounted combat to take place, a New area aka MvM and not just land based but sea and air based mounts as well, also these could very well be machines that the Charr made! Your sign off with the “but other than that, no.” makes me think you may have read it but you didn’t comprehend it.

If that is all you can think off, maybe it would be better if you didn’t?
And do I need to remind you that you still haven’t addressed the rest of the reply? I mean, you are hardly making any arguments relevant to the point we were discussing, but would just rather claim that I insist on miscomprehending you, not reading your replies or then you just dismiss any valid argument the opposition makes as invalid. And here I thought you said the pro-mount side is the one making all the compromises and whatnot?

For the use of a mount. I do not agree to a charge by usage type set up, I do not want to rent the mount, I want to own the mount. Ownership provides a greater feeling of attachment.

Yes, because a living creature has absolutely no upkeep costs…

in Suggestions

Posted by: thewaterguy.4796

thewaterguy.4796

sigh can we please get a compromise in place Anet?
Besides most people that want mounts are asking for mounts that are PURELY cosmetic and have no effect on speed
I don’t see a problem with this and if having them in towns is a problem then fine

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirwoofus.3190

Sirwoofus.3190

I think that Arenanet should include Cosmetic Mounts in Guild Wars 2. I only wish for purely cosmetic mounts because i dont think mounts with speed boosts are really practical with waypoints everywhere, i just think they should be to show your friends and collect mounts for entertainment purposes.

What does everyone else think?

in Suggestions

Fred Fargone.3127

sigh can we please get a compromise in place Anet?
Besides most people that want mounts are asking for mounts that are PURELY cosmetic and have no effect on speed
I don’t see a problem with this and if having them in towns is a problem then fine

Well, one of the problems here is that the pro-mount side lacks cohesion. Some would be fine with just cosmetic mounts, but if ANet gave us those, it would just create more mount topics on forums, only now they’d be demanding the speedboost.
And while some agree that a mount would require some small fees associated to them, some people just can’t make any small compromises.
And majority of pro-mount seem to agree that they shouldn’t go in towns, but there are still those who wish them specifically in towns.

And then there is ofc the majority (imho) of players who just don’t want mounts.

in Suggestions

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

As a hint, for the OP – the mount thread was closed for the same reason the previous 2000 mount threads have been locked then closed. ArenaNet has said, repeatedly, there will be no mounts in game.

Continued whining about something that has little support from the fanbase, and no support at all from the company, achieves nothing.

I’m surprised people don’t get infracted or temp bans for starting these threads.

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Something wrong with the other three open mounts threads that you felt the need to start yet another one?

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

No mounts period

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

I don’t know about other people, but I feel more “in” the world (such as Skyrim) while running or walking through, rather than riding my horse. As a collectible, I can see the appeal… But I’d rather they work on mini-pet collectibles first.

in Suggestions

Snow White.9680

As a hint, for the OP – the mount thread was closed for the same reason the previous 2000 mount threads have been locked then closed. ArenaNet has said, repeatedly, there will be no mounts in game.

Continued whining about something that has little support from the fanbase, and no support at all from the company, achieves nothing.

I’m surprised people don’t get infracted or temp bans for starting these threads.

Would you please provide a link to a definitely no on mounts from arena net? Anyway, even if they did say no, things can always change.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Would you please provide a link to a definitely no on mounts from arena net? Anyway, even if they did say no, things can always change.

“Hello, I’m here to crush your dreams.

There will be no mounts coming with the Flame and Frost story arc.

Also, to address further speculation we’ve seen about the concept art for Flame and Frost (and what it may portend): there will be no Cantha and no dragons coming with the Flame and Frost story arc, either.

Thank you."
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/arenanet-tracker/topic/251576-incoming-mounts/

There seems to be a great hatred for mounts, just sayen’ ^^

But yes, you never know.

However-
We did have a horse mount possibly coming, it was going to be the most amazing thing ever. And could have put everyone’s worries to rest, and even be offered for super cheap! Sadly though… forum thread after forum thread beat that poor horse to death, so badly it can never recover and has since gone to a better brighter place…

What we do know:

Colin promised us tinfoil hats that could make us look like mounts to other people, and as cool as that is I really don’t want people trying to mount me while I’m afk..

People continually asked for mounts in so many threads, Arenanet supplied us with brooms to sweep our tears away.

In conclusion, if you continue to beat this poor horse, and have already purchased your tear sweeping broom, then now is the time to lay this idea to rest until updates are done. Because we went from no mounts, to a broom, don’t be surprised if the complaining leads to us getting pacifiers and bottles next BLTC update…

The splinters from riding the brooms are a constant reminder that Tyrians were not meant to have mounts.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Suggestions

Snow White.9680

That’s not a definite no :P

in Suggestions

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

I’ll add my voice to the growing list of people who do not want mounts.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

That’s not a definite no :P

In all fairness I also did not see them reply to a user who mentioned Unicorns. So we can’t rule those out either. I see them possibly being introduced as soon as they can get a real one so that they can accurately portray them in the game.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Suggestions

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Problem is, if people used the SEARCH function (i know, i know, it’s complex) the earlier threads had many definitive no’s in them. Then, people kept making thread after thread, and it gets lost in the noise.

The first hard no i remember was in beta, for crying out loud.

in Suggestions

Posted by: titanCrawler.1245

titanCrawler.1245

I would love to see mounts with tiered speed boosts. If a few people dont want them, then they can just use the WP .

But who wouldnt want an amazing looking mount to cross the plains of tyria on. Or maybe Charr’s can ride Charrs ooo what if there was a Ritlock mount!!??

in Suggestions

lordkrall.7241

Do you really think that making 2000 new threads about the very same subject will make it more likely to change?
When they lock a thread they do it for a reason, accept it and don’t start a new thread a few minutes after the first was locked.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

People who stand against mounts in PVE have no idea how much this adds to the game. Please, please take a minute to think before disapproving to this splendid idea. The player base seem to be dropping every passing week and I don’t want to see only a few remaining to grind COF P1.

How many empty areas are in Guild Wars 2 today? Whenever I travel to lower level areas beside the starting lands I feel like I Am Legend. Very rare thing to meet somebody pushing for map completion. Everybody is hanging around castles when they need to trade and bank, in dungeons to make gold and PVP/WVW. There is so much empty space because once you explored an area there is not much to do. So there must be something else!

I want to ask you: what is the point of a miniature? Beside a cosmetic toy that is following you around? It does nothing. It does not buff you in any way. But still it adds something good. People buy them regardless the price (some of them exceeds 100 gold). The same with be with mounts. They are purely cosmetic and I would love to see people riding them. I’d love to see the an Norn ride a Dolyak, a Charr riding an Iron Legion motocycle and an Asura riding This.

Many grateful players asked how they can contribute to the game somehow. That Arena Net must sell them something. Well, trust us this is it.

Look at this thread! 75% of all people would love a mount. They would instantly go and pick up the guild wars 2 disk, blow the dust off and then hop in to ride and fill the land with joy. Tell me what can go wrong? Still, not everybody will use them. And some of them will get bored and ask for new skins. And so on.

You have no reason to oppose this idea. Nobody will bother you exploring PVE areas. We need players enjoying the full potential of Guild Wars 2 in order to keep the game alive.

Thank you for reading.
good day.

in Suggestions

lordkrall.7241

75% of people in this very thread might like it.
But you have to keep in mind that not even close to half the player base actually uses these forums and way less than all those using theses forums are actually writing in this thread.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Suggestions

JubeiTM.5763

You may be right, only an official poll would sttle the score. In the mean time I keep in mind that 80% of all Guild Wars 2 Lands are completely empty. I played other mmo’s where mounts were a big hit. Even those who initially opposed them fount them cool later on.

in Suggestions

lordkrall.7241

You may be right, only an official poll would sttle the score. In the mean time I keep in mind that 80% of all Guild Wars 2 Lands are completely empty. I played other mmo’s where mounts were a big hit. Even those who initially opposed them fount them cool later on.

Another thing to keep in mind is that 92% of all statistics are made up.

Mounts wouldn’t really change this though. Since you can already go easily to every single area in the game that you have already visited by using Waypoints.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

Soon people will ask for special class based mount abilities:
Ranger – can ride their pets
Necromancer – can ride their flesh golem
Mesmer – can be carried by their illusions
Thief – can be carried by their thieves
Engineer – can craft a car
Guardian – can ride a spiritual car
Warrior – can ride a horse
Elementalist – can ride a cloud (No Dragon Ball reference intended… maybe)

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

in Suggestions

JubeiTM.5763

Mounts wouldn’t really change this though. Since you can already go easily to every single area in the game that you have already visited by using Waypoints.

Really? The most important Waypoints are always contested. By important I mean lands like Harati Hinterlands – see it for a clear example.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

Really? The most important Waypoints are always contested. By important I mean lands like Harati Hinterlands – see it for a clear example.

No one wants to port right into an army of aggressive enemies, plus there’s always a waypoint on the map that’s not contested. I don’t understand why people bother walking so much. Most classes have speed buffs or signs or even swappable traits.
Plus you get to see the landscape find some resources to collect can kill some enemies on your way find some events etc. etc.
But I guess this is just my opinion.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

in Suggestions

Posted by: KorbanDallas.7389

KorbanDallas.7389

I can see the cosmetic draw behind a mount, but outside of that I can’t understand most of the arguments that go on about these things. Anet said no, yet everyone keeps bringing it up every. Single. Patch.

To the crowd that goes “I want them to go faster, it would make me explore the world if they moved faster.” – If you move faster, it’s kind of more like you are ignoring the world and going straight from point to point, and that’s not really exploring.

To the crowd that complains about WP cost – I don’t know anyone in my guild that’s had any issues about waypoint costs, with the exception of one person who spend all his money on the trading post and didn’t leave any behind for usage. You make enough just playing the game to jump around, especially if you sell all the junk you get.

One issue with the cosmetic aspect is you would have to lock it by race. An asura, for example, is small enough to ride half the ranger pets available, whereas a Norn is not. Beyond that, the only real animal ever implied to be something that might get used in a typical mount fashion is a Dolyak, which moves horrendously slow (I can walk faster going backwards), and usually is used as a beast of burden. You could argue “Charr have tanks and bikes,” but the Charr are a race of jerks, and I doubt they would share that with anyone else.

Cosmetically, getting around all the racial nonsense, you would still have the issue of every time you get into combat while "wearing’ one, you would instantly be switched over to normal combat mode (think getting hit in a zone while wearing town clothes). I imagine that this would be a bit jarring for all the people that complain about how WP are unrealistic.

Then we’d need to take into account the extra time taken to build these things from a developer standpoint – time taken to model and animate the mounts, to add a new animation and model for every single type of legs/boot/armor/race combo so sit on these things – and if we go off the racial concept that’s gonna be 5 separate races, with however-many armor models per race. That’s a lot of time that could be used to do some proper balance and actual content that would draw people back (more dungeons, more story, etcetera).

That’s probably the reason these threads keep getting shut down – Anet has already said no, and they have better things to spend their time on to try and escape the already vocal minority of players on their forums who complain about how GW2 isn’t just another WoW clone – which to some of us I’m sure is the reason we play it.

}——————————-{
http://avsla-gw2.blogspot.com/