Thief: Cloak and Dagger problems; easy fixes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Malael.4728

Malael.4728

Problem 1: C&D is usable while stealth immunity buff is up – causes wasted initiative often. Watching the buff is a nuisance and draws eyes away from combat.

Fix: Add cooldown that would take into account the animation time and stealth immunity buff duration to allow stealthing immediately when the stealth immunity buff is gone.

Problem 2: C&D key 5 to key 1 stretch for back stab. There is no reason to have these skills on a separate key.

Fix: Add secondary ability to C&D that would trigger back stab.

These simple changes would make playing a Thief much more fun. I feel the class needs some love as I find playing other classes to be much more enjoyable and to be more ‘put together’ than the Thief.

Thank you for reading.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nurvus.2891

Nurvus.2891

Problem 1 – Being able to make mistakes is a good thing. It makes skill matter.
You can use skills when out of range.
You can use stealth skills while immune to stealth.

I even think there should be no such think as target – you should just have a crosshair like in Tera Online or something.

Problem 2 – there are multiple stealth skills, so Backstab belongs in key 1.

My final opinion:
I think Stealth Skills should refund some Initiative when use during Stealth Immunity.

(edited by Nurvus.2891)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

If they refunded initiative then the risk of using them while immunity is up is diminished, you counter your own argument by giving a buffer area.

It is working as intended. Pay more attention to your buffs/debuffs.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Marduh.4603

Marduh.4603

skill matter.

But adrenaline skill have cooldown.
And do not lose a strip of adrenaline if you hit the air.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Malael.4728

Malael.4728

Problem 1 – Being able to make mistakes is a good thing. It makes skill matter.
You can use skills when out of range.
You can use stealth skills while immune to stealth.

I even think there should be no such think as target – you should just have a crosshair like in Tera Online or something.

Problem 2 – there are multiple stealth skills, so Backstab belongs in key 1.

My final opinion:
I think Stealth Skills should refund some Initiative when use during Stealth Immunity.

I agree that mistakes should be able to be made like missing your target, but having to watch a stealth immunity buff is ridiculous. It adds an annoyance to the class that easily can be avoided. My change would simply alleviate the need to watch for a buff to disappear which inevitably lead to the class being more fun to play.

Also, this is not Tera. If you want a no-target system, go play that game. It sucks, I’ve played it to endgame.

Back stab can be appended to all of the stealth skills and nothing would be lacking. Traps, heal, combo stealthing included – Why not? And, to add to that, back stab could still remain as well in the #1 slot and nothing would be lost. Or just keep back stab on 1 AND 5 – simple, and minimum coding required.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nurvus.2891

Nurvus.2891

Runiir, Marduh answered your question.
I only think you should get some Initiative back due to how Warrior Adrenaline works when you fail, even though you clicked.

Wasting time casting something that has no effect is already a decent mistake.
I am simply against “not letting you use the skill” to prevent you from making a mistake.

Malael, tell me, is there a reason for you to ever use your normal auto-attack while stealthed, when you can use Backstab instead?
The answer is no, and as such it makes perfect sense that Backstab is tied to the auto-attack.

On the other hand, ANet may wish to make Stealth skills with Chain skills, thus your suggestion would limit their options only to fit your personal taste.

in Suggestions

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

CnD still does a lot of damage and applies a bunch of vulnerability. asking for a cooldown on a thief weapon skill defeats the purpose of the thief. and you don’t need to look at the debuff, you just need to wait 3 seconds. can you count to 3? good.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Suggestions

Posted by: BabelFish.7234

BabelFish.7234

CnD still does a lot of damage and applies a bunch of vulnerability. asking for a cooldown on a thief weapon skill defeats the purpose of the thief. and you don’t need to look at the debuff, you just need to wait 3 seconds. can you count to 3? good.

I’m a Thief

1…2…uhhh….uhhhh…8?

Jokes aside (I actually do main a thief) this is very true, you have no one to blame for wasting initiative in this instance but yourself.

Now if you were to make the argument that you use CnD for some reason it doesn’t work so you use it again and it then used CnD x2 in a row THAT is a valid point.

I’ve had that happen multiple times.