Why Skin Wardrobe should be a high-priority

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rash.6514

Rash.6514

If I got this correctly, TL;DR would be turning skins into a dye-like system. The difference is you unlock the skins for your whole account and it takes transmutation crystals to apply to your current gear (contrary to the free painting in the dyes case).

If that is so, I totally support it. Like some people pointed out, “unlocking” the skin should make the item soulbound instead of destroying it. Fair enough to avoid abuses.

in Suggestions

Posted by: dazydee.1509

dazydee.1509

+1!

I really don’t like the push towards a main character by making it inconveniant or costly to switch looks, skills or stats.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I’ve not seen any mention of this as being on their agenda at all. I have little hope of it happening. However, I do think it would extend the interest of the game for those of us who like variety in our armor. I don’t like looking the same all the time but I don’t have the space to save armor just for looks.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dark FQ.1038

Dark FQ.1038

I just want more free banktabs, so this sound alright !

Dark Fq (Desolation and Gandara)all classes condi. http://www.youtube.com/user/FQDark

in Suggestions

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

OH MY GOD ANET

DO THIS NOW!

Great idea OP!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Willowleaf.5721

Willowleaf.5721

+1

Excellent suggestion here.

Necro (LV 80), thief, ele, guardian, engineer, revenant, ranger.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

This is probably one of the best ideas I’ve yet to read. I hope it gets implemented & it fixes alot of obvious problems.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

at this point i don’t even care if i have to catch the skin again for a different toon as long as i have a place where to put those skins. same goes for weapons. what do i do with my final rest once i’ll got bifrost, what do i do with Imryldeen since i got final rest? i carry them all with me? can i have a place to hold them for when i feel nostalgic? and don’t tell me to use bank slots since it is already full of fractal coins, dungeon tokens, not yet used gifts, mats in overstacks, basic useless transmutation stones, even more useless mystery tonics, badges of honor, unidentified dies, crafting boosters and karma that drops from everywhere and i don’t use because i’ll never know on which character do i need the most. and i don’t want to use alts as mules.

please please please give me something like pvp locker or hall of monuments vendor

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

in Suggestions

Posted by: squashedsquirrel.5408

squashedsquirrel.5408

The only thing they may have to change are all the trans stones we get as rewards…as it is, I have a huge collection of them since I don’t care to try collecting skins or bother changing my appearance a lot under the current system. I don’t mind getting very few or none as rewards, and paying for them in the shop provided they aren’t insanely priced.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

+1 here for wardrobe skin storage. this is one of the things DCUO and COH got right, please learn from their example Arenanet!

Your sales of transmutation stones will skyrocket if you implement a convenient system for appearance management; monetize that kitten all you want, if you make it well and don’t price gouge too badly, people will happily pay to use it!

(edited by Overkillengine.6084)

in Suggestions

Posted by: fizzypop.6458

fizzypop.6458

forreals…the wait for it is ridic. I won’t buy transmute stones because they are worthless since I have to destroy an item I worked to get. No thank you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: smeen.4237

smeen.4237

+1 from me, this is one of the best ideas I’ve read on this site.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nayah.9410

Nayah.9410

+1 from me also, I love collecting armors and being able to change outfit regularly, but with the old one vanishing I haven’t collected hardly anything.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

Forgive me for not reading all of the previous posts in the thread. If this has been said before, then here’s an extended +1.

I would love to have a PvE locker/wardrobe. I do think though that a transmutation stone should still be required to apply the skin to a piece of gear, and the only cost of stashing something in the wardrobe should be destroying the item. For me the advantage of the wardrobe is organizing the skins, and having a permanent copy that isn’t equipped by one of my characters.

I would buy a wardrobe from the gem store if it was available.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Ok, giving this thread a +1. I agree with the OP. This would cut down on wasted bank space. And would make skin collecting a new goal for players.

/signed

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chain.4087

Chain.4087

+1 to this idea. +2, if I can do that sort of thing.

Also, it wouldn’t be a completely terrible idea to offer new skins in the Gem Store. You made this game secure in the knowledge that people would pay to look pretty, then you haven’t given us nearly enough opportunities to pay to look pretty!

in Suggestions

squashedsquirrel.5408

+1 to this idea. +2, if I can do that sort of thing.

Also, it wouldn’t be a completely terrible idea to offer new skins in the Gem Store. You made this game secure in the knowledge that people would pay to look pretty, then you haven’t given us nearly enough opportunities to pay to look pretty!

Yes! Give us a wardrobe, then give us ARMOR and WEAPON skins to purchase, not just useless town clothing crap. I purchased some costumes for the original Guild Wars, I loved how that worked.

I’d still love to see more weapon skins put in the game to find, at all levels of gear, not just as rewards to grind for or stuck into Black Lion chests. They don’t even have to be super fancy flaming swords of dark brightness covered in spines and bladed pommels, just please give us some variety!
edit: In fact, please avoid adding skins only of the variety specified above, as you have been doing…

(edited by squashedsquirrel.5408)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Supported so hard it hurts. The current system is just plain stupid… if you want multiple looks you have to buy multiple sets of the same stats and then transmute the looks you want, wasting an obscene amount of money in the process. Plus it is an enormous pain carrying around all those sets of armor.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Suggestions

Posted by: Poli.2341

Poli.2341

I love this idea! It woud make the game so much more fun and woud mean a profit incrase to Anet for sure if made right. Anet please make this idea happen.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Absolutely love this idea. I hope they make this happen.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

The main issues with this the stats of the items you are storing. Many items can have the same skins, but different stats. Anything below lv 60 has 2 stats and anything below 35 has 1 stat. How do you solves this? PVP has everything at lv 80, so its less data to recall for a specific skin when you have many different tri-stat (cleric, berserker etc,) combinations and one celestial stat (all 6 and more) combination.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

In Guild Wars 1 you could change your looks up by wearing costumes over the armor, wearing other armor or by even by using tonics, which only changed your looks and not your skill bar. Most armor was cheap and you could use perfect salvage kits to transfer stats from one to the other.

I was constantly changing the way I looked there. Here, a game about cosmetics, I am locked into one look and it feels stifling.

in Suggestions

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

The main issues with this the stats of the items you are storing. Many items can have the same skins, but different stats.

No stats would be stored at all, only the skin would be in the wardrobe / locker.

The appearance would come from your ‘wardrobe’ or ‘locker’ and the stats would come from the item in your inventory.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

I seriously want this so much… In the previous mmo I played I owned a LOT of fashion/mounts/pets. Why? Because I like change. Both irl and in games.
I got tier 3 armor on my main and I absolutely love it, but there’s so much more cool armor that I wish I could swap to without losing my stats or my skins :/ (and without it costing an arm and a leg)
I’d collect those skins like crazy. Probably some that I hardly like just for the sake of having them. Not to mention that the skins bought from gens would actually be worth buying then…
I’ve wanted to buy them, but I don’t want to have to keep then in my bank when I’m not using them ><

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: DarkChaos.4326

DarkChaos.4326

This is simply brilliant.

I keep wanting to collect different sets or just have different builds, but I’m not willing to buy cultural armour for multiple armour sets, just because I want to keep that look for an altered play-style.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cofee.5380

Cofee.5380

I fully support this idea as well.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

I am bumping this topic for great justice. >.>"

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

As a collector I currently find collecting skins a fruitless endeavor. Subsequently I haven’t spent a single gem on skins. If the game had a wardrobe system in which you unlocked skins in a similar fashion to the HoM unlocks I’d be much more inclined to spend gems. I’d also be inclined to play more and do more dungeons to get them all.

So why not do it? Do you not want my time and money? I must confess I’m at a loss here.

in Suggestions

squashedsquirrel.5408

Not that the living stories aren’t fun (sometimes), but I feel time could be much more well spent adding in actual game improvements such as this instead of spending so much time and effort on temporary content.

What can we do to get the devs to notice us? This is already a pretty prominent thread, they must know it exists…can we at least get an acknowledgement of the suggestion? Even if it’s ‘we will never do this’, i’d like to know if suggestions are even being considered at this point.

in Suggestions

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I would suggest a few changes to this, but overall it’s sound. First, it’s doesn’t need to be consumed, once you wear the item it becomes soulbound, so simply equipping the item unlocks it in your wardrobe. Second, ditch transmutation stones all together or make just one type. Lastly, there is already a zone armor/weapon drop setup, but please no more soul-bound on acquire items besides the gem shop stuff and the stuff you buy with karma, tokens etc.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in Suggestions

Posted by: Squarelycircle.6287

Squarelycircle.6287

I was lying down to take a nap and a very similar idea formed in my head. It was so obvious to me that this was needed that I popped up to suggest it on the forums. I’m glad to hear it was suggested in the past, but I’m so very, very sad to know that it has not been implemented after 5 months. Think of all the wardrobe items that could’ve been unlocked in the past 5 months!!! And keeping track of the new ones… oh the slightly effeminate but acceptable gamer joy that could be had.

I will never buy a wardrobe item from the trading post. I appreciate their work, but, psychologically speaking, I feel too poor to waste money on something that is disposable/replaceable. However, if they were to make it so that I could unlock and withdraw items from a personal wardrobe closet… I would be likely to buy something (even several things) from the appearance altering content available on the gem market.

I’m going to continue searching, just in case. But for now, I have a rhetorical, somewhat scolding, but in the end entirely light-hearted question.

“Anet, why haven’t you commented on this idea? It’s good business, and it’s good gaming. Who is hesitant here?”

And by the way, I’m quite manly.
<.<
>.>

(edited by Squarelycircle.6287)

in Suggestions

squashedsquirrel.5408

I understand the whole “we can’t respond to every suggestion because making a game”, and “we’ll pass on your feedback”, but is there absolutely no communication of ideas or goals that could be passed back to the players? I’m close to just taking a six month break to see if the game (or the communication with the community) improves by then.

edit: to be clear, I mean more communication than a vague mission statement from six months ago. I’d like information on specific systems planned for the future.

(edited by squashedsquirrel.5408)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elsa.3091

Elsa.3091

Must bring chaos gloves and destoyer gloves, I am glad that weapons made it into the game, but gloves is a must!

Also, please have more skimpy female armor =p I think there is plenty of conservative armor in game.

In addition, we need better staff skins, so badly!

in Suggestions

squashedsquirrel.5408

Rise from your grave! For great justice! We need a skin wardrobe!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tabaqui.5028

Tabaqui.5028

Agreed. A wardrobe where skins are stored, and can then be stuck onto a character. Maybe relabelling the transmutation stones to character or account would solve the gems/shop element of the problem (would need to allow a one time swap to remove the existing stones from the game) when the skin is added to the wardrobe. All of the existing armour should be available too – so trenchcoats etc can be worn covering all armour types.

Altering the equipment equip panel to have columns with “equiped (for stats)”, “outfit 1”, “outfit 2” etc would also allow multiple looks to be saved.

Suspect this would increase the use/sale of skins as they’re not then destroyed if equipment is upgraded when levelling. Would encourage more gold to be removed with cultural sets being bought too.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JackDaniels.1697

JackDaniels.1697

I love these ideas!

And I totally agree that we need different slots to put our gear in. Placing it in the bank becomes really messy and unorganized.

Anet can make these new gear slots only available through the gem store if they wanted to. I would gladly buy it. If it means to have an organized closet and a much easier access to my gear, then hell yea!

“I got a fever! And the only prescription, is more COWBELL!”

in Suggestions

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

Completely agree,

Anet might think they will profit more from the fine-transmutation stones. But create a wardrobe system and sell news skins each month and gobs of people will buy them just to have a full collection. Knowing that you can freely use skins will make people buy them more.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Arenanet answer this thread please

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

in Suggestions

squashedsquirrel.5408

It seems Anet prefers a passive observation of the suggestion forums, and so I wouldn’t expect an answer or confirmation on anything.

I do hope that periodic bumps will bring in more supporters, until we have enough that Anet considers this important enough to look into.

We won’t ever know, until it actually shows up in a patch (or never shows up), whether they even considered this idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Definitely a quality of life boost if this gets implemented.

Signed x 1000!

Would want some Anet feedback on the thread to acknowledge its existence, please let this suggestion get to the storyboard!

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in Suggestions

Posted by: licht.4053

licht.4053

+1 this

go OP i love it

If you ever feel sad, just remember……
you have as many Oscars as Leonardo DiCaprio and Johnny Depp. :)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

+1 this

go OP i love it

:D

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Suggestions

Posted by: StriderShinryu.6923

StriderShinryu.6923

Completely agree,

Anet might think they will profit more from the fine-transmutation stones. But create a wardrobe system and sell news skins each month and gobs of people will buy them just to have a full collection. Knowing that you can freely use skins will make people buy them more.

Absolutely. Implementing a system like this would have several benefits to the game and, really, no drawbacks.

- Players would spend more money in the gem shop to purchase new skins
- Players would spend more money in the gem shop to unlock more wardrobe storage space
- Players would spend more money in the gem shop (and TP) on dyes as having a fuller set for each armour piece would be more important
- Players would spend more in game gold for the above as well as for the Order/Cultural armours that already exist, which would provide an important gold sink
- Players would spend more time in all of the dungeons to unlock the associated gear, which would provide a larger active player base and more traffic in the dungeons themselves
- Players would even more actively pursue living story content if the reward was something that could be added to their warddrobes
- Transmutation stones could still be used and desirable, just for other purposes like changing an item from Soulbound to Accountbound.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Strejda Tom.6108

Strejda Tom.6108

Great idea, have my support.

Strejda Tom, the last unicorn.
Always remember one thing – your opinion is your opinion not fact.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Coco.3021

Coco.3021

Bumping/signing/whatever.

Even if this wouldn’t be added as a free patch, I’d be more than willing to pay for the basic functionality to be added to my account since (should I even be admitting this) I spend inordinate amounts of time standing around doing not much of anything, whilst chatting with my guild and probably doodling my toons on the side.

in Suggestions

Astral Projections.7320

If they made it a requirement to use fine transmutation crystals, or something similar, to add an item to your wardrobe, that would really increase sales for them. They could use this system to make the town clothes wearable in combat as well. A PvP like wardrobe would be great for this game. A wardrobe with eternal use skins that you get from the game by buying the armor and using some sort of stone to unlock it in the panel.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jaded.9467

Jaded.9467

Please do this!
I can never have the same armor for a week… I’ve gotten to the point where I can’t be bothered buying more skins because the thought of so much work/money for armor that will just override my last hard-earned skin is detestable to me.

Having an option like the dye-system with unlocked skins would be great!

in Suggestions

Posted by: gibzy.7329

gibzy.7329

Thanks everybody for all the positive feedback on my thread, I’m really glad there are many who feel the same need. I don’t like bumping my own threads when I have nothing to add, but I just wanted to say that.

It’s been more than half a year since I’ve made it, and things have only gotten worse. Right now I have all the bank tabs unlocked, and there’s nothing there but skins of armor, weapons and town clothes. 5 of my alts are acting as mules for things like badges, boosts and whatnot. And still my bank is filled to the brim. If I want to change my skin right now, I have to craft myself a new exotic gear set with the stats I need (and boy, these berserker sets ain’t cheap) and transfer the new skin on that, all the while storing the whole of my old set in the bank. I can’t even begin to explain how incovenient this is.

So while it’s been disheartening to see no feasible aknowledgement to this thread from the devs, I still have to hope that they saw it, or will see it with enough supporters. And maybe implement it very very very soon (I have my fingers crossed for the blog post detailing their plans for the next half year, which was promised to come out soon).

Azazel Guild – Casual Russian PvX guild on Ring of Fire
http://azazel.enjin.com/

in Suggestions

Astral Projections.7320

The older this game gets, the more pressing the need for some sort of wardrobe system.

It was bad enough at first to leave old styles behind as my characters leveled. I really liked several of the old armor sets but I have 8 toons and I play them all. It’s not feasible to keep multiple soulbound armors for all of them. Not only is there a space issue but keeping track of which soulbound armor belongs to who without cycling thru all of them and checking individually would be a pain. Not to mention the cost of getting exotics for each set in inventory.

Now ANet is releasing cool backpieces at a fast clip. Soon each toon will have one, which is good. The bad part is what to do when more come out. Don’t get them, no matter how nice they are? Get and put on another backpiece to keep in in a toon’s inventory? Not only space issues again but cost. Not too bad if karma. Prohibitively expensive if ascended.

And then there are the weapons. Same problems.

My guess is, ANet could recoup the cost of implementing a wardrobe system by making you buy and use some sort of gem store item to attach a armor/weapon/backpiece to a wardrobe panel. They would get money, we would get flexibility in style.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Morten.5387

Morten.5387

I couldn’t agree more with you. The problem with skin buildup is something that will soon reach critical mass. I haven’t changed my look since the moment I completed my first one, several months ago. Why? A new look involves sacrificing something I already worked for, either by losing multiple precious bank slots or the item itself (either stat or skin).

The problem is exacerbated with each living story where they keep pumping out multiple skins; which is fantastic as far as choices are concerned, but with the current system pose a problem with collecting them or using them freely, seeing as each time you change your look is a cumulative monetary loss. Perhaps their intention is that we are eventually forced to delete skins we aren’t wearing? In truth, it doesn’t seem like they want us to collect anything, this is true for skins, dyes (char bound), and prohibitive minis.