omg turn it off!

omg turn it off!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jayw.1045

Jayw.1045

PROVE THE SUNSHINE SHINES THROUGH YOU FACE ME IN ANOTHER FORM!

OMFG If I hear it ONE more time I’m going to go nuts!!! Why do npc’s need to repeat themselves 1000 times in one min?!!!!!!

is there an option to turn this off? the npc’s are too noisy and annoying stwwwwap!

omg turn it off!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

It is annoying when passing through that area.

omg turn it off!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reisinger.4203

Reisinger.4203

Agreed. This is annoying.

GW2 PvP League Season 3 Tribute: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeKVJ1krPmU

omg turn it off!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

the boss near crucible of eternity spams even more and he is also an asura so he gets very upsetting^^
i know what you mean!!

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

omg turn it off!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mejo.3198

Mejo.3198

“Look, I think we need more spies!” or something…(in CoF!) x 4000!

omg turn it off!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

You are not really meant to stay in the same spot all that long
But yeah maybe they repeat themselves a tad too often alright.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

omg turn it off!

in Suggestions

Mejo.3198

The asura elementalist had the same problem before, when she/he said “Aaaarrghh!” everytime she/he cast a spell.

omg turn it off!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

you can basically hear the npc shouting to face her in another form wherever you are while doing underwater events in caledon forest… it’s not that long but it’s still enough

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

omg turn it off!

in Suggestions

Posted by: NightStar.4670

NightStar.4670

That is one of the few in game meta events that is truely terrible. Aside from the constant repetition of the NPCs saying that. Doing any of the fights as “another form” is way too tough. I mean, a crab just don’t move around like I need it to.

Aside from that, there really are only 2 options to solve this. (That we, as players, can do.)
1. Do the event. She’ll shut up for a while.
2. Leave the area.
Obviously one can turn the game volume off, or simply choose to ignore it. This is the option I think mostly players choose. (Though I could be wrong, I personally choose to ignore it and move on.)

Paskal – 80 Asura Thief – Aeon Kleos officer
Meredy Izumi – 80 Human Elementalist [Aeon]
Alruane – 80 Sylvari Ranger [Aeon]

omg turn it off!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

“Watch out!” “Incoming fireball!”

omg turn it off!

in Suggestions

Posted by: rasmataz.2309

rasmataz.2309

Anyone remember the Asura out front of FoTM when it first was put in the game? I don’t remember what exactly he said (thankfully) but they reduced the amount of times he said it.
Perhaps under sound options, there can be a slider for NPC voices to turn them off, or the volume.

In CoF, I turn off game sound so i wouldnt go crazy and hear voices in my head when not playing.

Rasellyn -human elementalist (Bifrost)
Raspanthia -sylvari engineer (Predator)
mesmer/necromancer/warrior/guardian/ranger

omg turn it off!

in Suggestions

Posted by: LLunatic.5280

LLunatic.5280

I turned my sound off a long time ago for this reason. Its kinda sad cuz i wish i could hear some things like people playing the unbreakable bell or horn and some of the npc dialog but the ones that bother me the most are the ones my character says all the time. “For Great Justice!” “I could outrun a centaur!” “Might makes me right!”

Guild Master Forbidden
http://tinyurl.com/theforbidden
Come check us out!

omg turn it off!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

My first character was a sylvari and I listened to this for days while levelling having no idea what it meant.

omg turn it off!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mist Y.5214

Mist Y.5214

You’ve heard it 4000 times and you’re still quoting it wrong?

omg turn it off!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

PROVE THE SUNSHINE SHINES THROUGH YOU FACE ME IN ANOTHER FORM!

OMFG If I hear it ONE more time I’m going to go nuts!!! Why do npc’s need to repeat themselves 1000 times in one min?!!!!!!

is there an option to turn this off? the npc’s are too noisy and annoying stwwwwap!

That’s an event… how about you do it and the npc will stop challenging the area to fight them? Apparently you haven’t heard it enough to actually quote it properly…

birds of a feather… how does that even make sense in your head?…

omg turn it off!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Claudia De Anar.6304

Claudia De Anar.6304

Nothing sings as prettily as my hammer.

Yes, The OP is right, please increase the delay on these aweful spammed messages. Believe it or not we can scout out an area on YouTube, and if we wish to take up a given challange do so; do you really think the mindless spamming encourages participation?

Claudia de Anar: An Equal Oppertunity Massacre.

omg turn it off!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Just do the event and shut her up, unless someone does all the other pre-events leading up to it again, she won’t do it anymore. And btw that fight is not hard I solo it all the time. Just don’t fight when you’re transformed, she’s slow so it’s easy to just kite around and wait for the transform to wear off.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

omg turn it off!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

so kill her to shut her up. That is what you are suppose to do in this game. Finish the DEs

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

omg turn it off!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Protip: you can dodge the transformation.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

omg turn it off!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Cof p1 – “Devourers!!!!! They’re feeding them to devourers!” by “Magg” – Trollface

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

omg turn it off!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

i really am sick of hearing npc shout at me AN ENDLESS NUMBER OF TIMES,

dont just reduce the frequency anet….say it to each player ONCE and then let that be it…if they dont go they dont go

omg turn it off!

in Suggestions

Posted by: dusanyu.4057

dusanyu.4057

One of those so called farmers just hit me in the face!

omg turn it off!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

DESTROY DESTROYY DESTRPOOOOOOYYYYY!!! YESSSSSSSSS!!!

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

omg turn it off!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lyana Evrilow.8102

Lyana Evrilow.8102

Ohyah.. That krait witch is worse… so much worse..

Actually, are they the same voice? Maybe it’s the voice? Would it be better if it was some hot actress seductively speaki— wait. Let’s not go there. ;-) That might skew the meaning a bit.

omg turn it off!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mist Y.5214

Mist Y.5214

I don’t see any problem when you’re standing next to the NPC, but when you can hear them from across the map, it’s extremely annoying. They fixed the Infinite Coil Commander so I guess there’s a good chance they’ll fix some of the others.

omg turn it off!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

so kill her to shut her up. That is what you are suppose to do in this game. Finish the DEs

Unfortunately many of these events are group events. For example, in Timberline Falls, with the Krait Witch in the middle of the lake — it can be difficult to find a group willing to do the content.

And that’s also assuming that I want to interrupt whatever it is that I’m currently working on (hearts, usually) to go half way across the map to finish some event. The range of the NPC speech is ridiculously large and repeated far too often.

I do simply turn off the dialogue volume, but it’s only a mediocre solution for a poor design.

omg turn it off!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

Unfortunately many of these events are group events. For example, in Timberline Falls, with the Krait Witch in the middle of the lake — it can be difficult to find a group willing to do the content.

And that’s also assuming that I want to interrupt whatever it is that I’m currently working on (hearts, usually) to go half way across the map to finish some event. The range of the NPC speech is ridiculously large and repeated far too often.

I do simply turn off the dialogue volume, but it’s only a mediocre solution for a poor design.

How is it unfortunate? Are you incapable of forming a group?

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

omg turn it off!

in Suggestions

Posted by: cpg.7140

cpg.7140

You can’t change the frequency of this specific phrase without changing the fight; the phrase is your cue to dodge to avoid being transformed (without it, you’d only have her hop which is just a bit too little prep time). It’s a pretty vital part of the fight unless you just want to zerg her with animal transformations.

Toning down how far away you hear it, though, that’s something that should definitely be looked into. You don’t need it unless you’re within her transformation range, and the meta-event tracker tells you all you need to know without the boss shouting at you.

Hobwash
[TAS] – The Asuran Squad
Devona’s Rest

omg turn it off!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

Watch the ledges!

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

omg turn it off!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

How is it unfortunate? Are you incapable of forming a group?

Yeah, actually, that’s the point I was making. This is the “it can be difficult to find a group willing to do the content” part of my post. Not sure how you missed that part, I didn’t write a wall of text.

The event in Caledon Forest is similar. I’ve seen the event up for quite a while before a group formed to do the content.

omg turn it off!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Your example is soloable…

omg turn it off!

in Suggestions

Mejo.3198

You’ve heard it 4000 times and you’re still quoting it wrong?

Haha, yeah :P I have only done CoF 4-5 times and it was a long time since I did it so I don’t remember exactly.

omg turn it off!

in Suggestions

Mejo.3198

birds of a feather… how does that even make sense in your head?…

Birds of a feather what?