Game Update Notes - September 17, 2013 [FAKE]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: seanpenn.7364

seanpenn.7364

Game Update Notes – September 17, 2013

Fake Patch Notes:
————————-

Claw of Jormag: Will now freeze up to 50 random players on the Frostgorge map three times during the encounter, frozen players will die instantly and lose 1 random piece of equipped armor which will be completely destroyed (beyond repair due to chill) Also Jormag will penalize all the afk players by raining ice shards over Lions arch which will last until it is slain. All other players running champ trains will be frozen as well and will be unable to move for 24 hrs.
Chance of precursor drop from its chest is now doubled to 0.00002% to compensate for the added difficulty.

Shadow Behemoth: Will now have 10 total phases, Each phase will now spawn additional portals accompanied by Aatxes. 5 random players will be sent into Underworld during the final phase and have a chance to fight Dhuum. If they 5 players fail to kill Dhuum, Shadow Behemoth will slay all enemies in Queensdale causing all equipped armor to break on all players. Dhuum will also randomly slay players 20 players per minute all over Tyria till the Shadow Behemoth event re-starts. Dhuum’s Scythe is now added to the chest with a chance of 0.00003% to compensate for the added difficulty.

Fire Elemental: Will now cause your fps to drop below 5 and will make this fight nearly impossible. If somehow players manage to slay this creature, it will now reward each players with a title: “My Pc is better than yours!” Upon failing, it will award the title: “Buy a better pc”

Great Jungle Wurm: Now will take up to 2 mins to kill, versus the previous 1 min to increase the difficulty. Players will receive an extra blue drop from the chest of lvl 15 to compensate for the extra time and effort.

The Shatterer: Can no longer be attacked by standing on the left side rock formation, players will now have to stand on the right side to auto-attack instead. Players standing in the old rock formation will instead turn into Branded creatures and will be forced to attack other players.

Tequatl the Sunless: will now require 80 man zergs wearing exotics or better, a cool minipet has been added to the chest which will be account bound and will have a slightly higher chance to drop than a precursor. Although we might make it more rare during a ninja patch soon after the update.
Upon failing this event, Lions Arch will be transformed to an underwater city, Risen Sharks will have their way with all that dare to enter.

Inquest Golem Mark II: will now transform into Mark III and perform a new spinning move which may knock your character all the way to cursed shore or possibly even to the Fire Island Chain (who knows this will be RNG based), knockback can be avoided if you character performs precision jump-dodge roll. This boss can no longer be defeated, instead last person standing on the platform will now be rewarded with 10g. All other Knocked off characters will lose 1g from their account wallet.

Hope you all enjoyed =)!

Looking forward to the revamp of all bosses, hope Anet implements some of the above changes =D!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

I didn’t read any of that. I don’t watch fake movie trailers either.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: mohrad.8972

mohrad.8972

I actually loved the idea of knocking players out to another map.
Good laugh.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Insanitybg.4217

Insanitybg.4217

The shatterer change with transforming people into branded like in the beta would actually be nice…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Hexgame.4802

Hexgame.4802

Fixed the updated footfall effect on Bolt and Incinerator promised last patch. (But not really).

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

make this man a developer now, he’s a kittening genius!!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Warzaw.2708

Warzaw.2708

10/10

/15 char

BREAK YOURSELVES UPON MY BODY
FEEL THE STRENGTH OF THE EARTH
Vicodium – Ranger (IX) Coldsnap

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Serial.7128

Serial.7128

This made me lol . Bravo

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

The Shatterer: Can no longer be attacked by standing on the left side rock formation, players will now have to stand on the right side to auto-attack instead.

Why do I see this one really coming?

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

Statue of Dwayna – Now instantly heals herself whenever she kittens into a corner. Added an extra .00001% to drop a charged lodestone for added time and effort. Players no longer can beat up Malchor. They have to pay him for his services.

Lyssa – Added more gorillas.

Melandru – Added more jokes about Asurans being short. Spiders no longer drop glided chests. Mobs have 50% less health so you can’t tag anything.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

Mobs have 50% less health so you can’t tag anything.

When you think about it, it was mentioned that the new Teq encounter will have mobs that don’t drop any loot whatsoever instead will reward players at the end of every phase/boss HP percentage (not sure) and after finishing the event. This is good stuff since it basically diverts the players attention from “Tag as many mobs as fast as possible to get loots” to “Focus on the fight mechanics in order to achieve a win.”

If this becomes successfully implemented, I hope they implement it for all similar encounters.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Liz.5921

Liz.5921

Very nice lol … had a good laugh.

Veliya Elyse of [ARES]
Human Elementalist <3
Dragonbrand U.S.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

You forgot the Maw.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

lmao.. my pc is better than yours. made me chuckle.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

-Exciting news for The Frozen Maw! Since the event seemed to be not challenging enough and too short for players, we have introduced a new foe. The world event for Wayfarer Foothills will now be a battle against a new Dragon – Lahg the Blue Screened.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

Fake Patch Notes:
————————-

Claw of Jormag: Will now freeze up to 50 random players on the Frostgorge map three times during the encounter, frozen players will die instantly and lose 1 random piece of equipped armor which will be completely destroyed (beyond repair due to chill) Also Jormag will penalize all the afk players by raining ice shards over Lions arch which will last until it is slain. All other players running champ trains will be frozen as well and will be unable to move for 24 hrs.
Chance of precursor drop from its chest is now doubled to 0.00002% to compensate for the added difficulty.

I laughed harder than I should have at that part.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Zeigy.5863

Zeigy.5863

That update sounds epic. Loving the penalties for AFKers.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Shadow Behemoth sounds so freakin’ fun! Zone wide killing effect and teleportation to the underworld? Sign me up!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Fake Patch Notes:
————————-

Shadow Behemoth: Will now have 10 total phases, Each phase will now spawn additional portals accompanied by Aatxes. 5 random players will be sent into Underworld during the final phase and have a chance to fight Dhuum. If they 5 players fail to kill Dhuum, Shadow Behemoth will slay all enemies in Queensdale causing all equipped armor to break on all players. Dhuum will also randomly slay players 20 players per minute all over Tyria till the Shadow Behemoth event re-starts. Dhuum’s Scythe is now added to the chest with a chance of 0.00003% to compensate for the added difficulty.

Fire Elemental: Will now cause your fps to drop below 5 and will make this fight nearly impossible. If somehow players manage to slay this creature, it will now reward each players with a title: “My Pc is better than yours!” Upon failing, it will award the title: “Buy a better pc”

Great Jungle Wurm: Now will take up to 2 mins to kill, versus the previous 1 min to increase the difficulty. Players will receive an extra blue drop from the chest of lvl 15 to compensate for the extra time and effort.

The Shatterer: Can no longer be attacked by standing on the left side rock formation, players will now have to stand on the right side to auto-attack instead. Players standing in the old rock formation will instead turn into Branded creatures and will be forced to attack other players.

Tequatl the Sunless: will now require 80 man zergs wearing exotics or better, a cool minipet has been added to the chest which will be account bound and will have a slightly higher chance to drop than a precursor. Although we might make it more rare during a ninja patch soon after the update.
Upon failing this event, Lions Arch will be transformed to an underwater city, Risen Sharks will have their way with all that dare to enter.

Inquest Golem Mark II: will now transform into Mark III and perform a new spinning move which may knock your character all the way to cursed shore or possibly even to the Fire Island Chain (who knows this will be RNG based), knockback can be avoided if you character performs precision jump-dodge roll. This boss can no longer be defeated, instead last person standing on the platform will now be rewarded with 10g. All other Knocked off characters will lose 1g from their account wallet.

Hope you all enjoyed =)!

Looking forward to the revamp of all bosses, hope Anet implements some of the above changes =D!

LOLLOLO!!! I read all of it hahahhahaha ROFLMAO so funny LOLOL fire ele and jorlagg most hilarious LOL

but i would love a underwater lions arch, i made a suggestion in the suggestion forums for a ’’flood’’ living story content

Are you Shpongled?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

and fighting dhuum wud be epic too

Are you Shpongled?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

You so hilarious.
Now the one that made me laugh more was Tequila… ah-ah. Sarcasm aside, it was fun to read.
It’s an over-exaggeration of a true phenomenon. I hope Anet will do better this time with adjustments.

P.S. FIGHTING DHUUM AGAIN – make it happen!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Good laugh. But lets not give them ideas… Soon enough we’ll have a bunch of one hour long metas that nobody will participate in because of effort/payout ratio. Kudos for creativity! And thanks for good laugh

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

I didn’t read this post, but I’ll let anyone know about it.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Razon.8153

Razon.8153

Fake Patch Notes:
————————-

Actually this is always happening on both of my machines. When the golem transforms, i get 3-5 FPS for a few seconds.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

I’d laugh, but this feels a bit too real. Please write more of these!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

lol this was a good read….

“Chance of precursor drop from its chest is now doubled to 0.00002% to compensate for the added difficulty.”

my favorite!

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

You must be the kind of person at parties who stands over the punch bowl and lectures people about high-fructose corn syrup.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

You must be the kind of person at parties who stands over the punch bowl and lectures people about high-fructose corn syrup.

I don’t go to parties and I have nothing against high-fructose corn syrup. Your body can’t tell the difference. Bananas are good. I like bananas.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

I don’t go to parties and I have nothing against high-fructose corn syrup. Your body can’t tell the difference. Bananas are good. I like bananas.

I didn’t read this post either.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Statue of Dwayna – Now instantly heals herself whenever she kittens into a corner. Added an extra .00001% to drop a charged lodestone for added time and effort. Players no longer can beat up Malchor. They have to pay him for his services.

Lyssa – Added more gorillas.

Melandru – Added more jokes about Asurans being short. Spiders no longer drop glided chests. Mobs have 50% less health so you can’t tag anything.

So true. So painful.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

9.7/10

AmateurNet

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: SpeedFiend.4521

SpeedFiend.4521

You missed a few.

Dredge Commissar – daze on hit skill now takes up the first 20 minutes of this revamped fight. Boss despawns if he isn’t attacked for longer than 5 seconds.

Fire Shaman -now spawns a fire elemental every time his health is depleted, gaining more abilities and spamming more minions every time. There’s no way to truly defeat this encounter, as it just continues scaling to infinity until the server is reset. The only way to win is to never play.

Eye of Zhaitan will now fly across the zone, zapping players with pew pew lazor eyebeams. Players wishing to down him will have to get an Aion account and fight him from there. Drops 3 guaranteed precursors every time, but since you get them on Aion, they’re useless.

Foulbear Chieftain – Destroying the ogre kraal has been deemed too violent by ogre rights activists. The assaulting players will now attempt to deal with the ogre problem by out-breeding them, forcing them to eventually leave due to the complete depletion of natural resources in Fields of Ruin. This event is planned to last for approximately 150-250 years. Rewards will be claimable in Guild Wars 3.

Risen High Wizard will now challenge players to a swag-off. The wizard’s determination will be depleted by players linking sweet weapons in map chat, eventually causing him to flee in shame.

Karka Queen – the new fight mechanics require rounding up young karka and teaching them the virtues and benefits of democracy. Event completes when the young karka become fully grown and after an arduous revolutionary effort, subsidized by players handing in weapons, armor and food at the Karka relations liaison Lionguard Lyns.

Megadestroyer This reworked event sees players attempt to stop the volcano stabilizing process that spawns the Megadestroyer in the first place by destroying the three Aetherovariation modules after burning the research camp to the ground. Unforunately, the loot chest still spawns in the same place and now becomes inaccessible due to the volcano erupting.

Temple of Melandru
The Risen Priest of Melandru is now defeated by players bringing exceptionally large vegetables to the Cursed Shore agricultural exhibit. Once enough oversized vegetables have been cultivated by players in their home instances and brought to the exhibition, the priest resigns that maybe he doesn’t really have Melandru’s blessing and abandons his defense of the temple.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Would be great if they really implement this.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

You know that actually sounds fun. Except for the losing your armor and gold bits.

I remember a special event in another game that had these mobs that came out of portals. These were hilarious. The mobs could throw you a long ways in the air. One time they threw my character so far she landed amongst higher level mobs some of which were bosses. She was massacred. I was sorry to see those mobs go when the event was over.

Good times.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

“Eye of Zhaitan will now fly across the zone, zapping players with pew pew lazor eyebeams. Players wishing to down him will have to get an Aion account and fight him from there. Drops 3 guaranteed precursors every time, but since you get them on Aion, they’re useless.”

NCSoft approves. It will be in the new patch.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

OP knows how to save GW2 better than AN. Kudos for you. :P

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mario Lemieux.9107

Mario Lemieux.9107

I gotta say, although I laughed at most of it, 2 things really intrigued me and left me wanting this content in the game for real:

Dhuum battle as a result of Shadow Behemoth encounter.

Underwater Lions Arch. As one poster mentioned above, this would be a cool twist to the Living Story if somehow LA would get flooded and everything would be underwater for a little while. I mean, LA gets transformed every few months anyways, be it Halloween or Wintersday, Dragon Bash, etc…why not some crazy twist like this? Would be awesome!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

10/10, would play

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Pavel.5192

Pavel.5192

ahahah 10/10 good ones!

4ever roaming

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Do we still get sent to Underworld if we’re on a US server, or will it be somewhere worse like Maguuma?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mario Lemieux.9107

Mario Lemieux.9107

Do we still get sent to Underworld if we’re on a US server, or will it be somewhere worse like Maguuma?

That made me think of a brilliant idea….Dhuum can banish you from your server and send you to Europe, or vice-versa!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: SpeedFiend.4521

SpeedFiend.4521

That made me think of a brilliant idea….Dhuum can banish you from your server and send you to Europe, or vice-versa!

What if he banishes you to the secret banned server where all the banned bots and players are? Dhuum’s personally banned bots in gw1, after all.