Hello, my name is Tequatl...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

…and this is my first time attending Co-dependants Anonymous.

It all started that fateful day when I first met him; the Big Z. The rotting flesh, the putrid green aura, the multiple heads; what’s not to love, right? And that raw, primal lust for power with all those undead minions worshiping at his feet. Made me weak in the wings.

Back then, I’d do anything for him…anything. And I did, too. “Stand on the beach and look menacing but don’t actually pose a threat.”, he said. I – star-struck – obediently complied, “Yes, Big Z. Anything for you Big Z.

Over time, though, there was a growing emptiness inside me. I just chocked it up to an empty stomach and figured a few dozen adventurer hors d’oeuvres would satisfy my hunger. Alas – tasty as they were – they did not sate the growing void within.

Something was missing. That something was me. I’d repressed my own needs so Big Z could take all the glory. He was just using me and I – foolishly – allowed it to happen. I enabled his attention seeking behavior…his narcissism…at the expense of my own nature. I look back now and think how could I have been so stupid.

When I finally confronted him with the news that I wouldn’t allow myself to be used anymore, he just laughed. “There’s a million more where you came from, sweet cheeks.”, he derisively chuckled. It stung, but at least I had asserted myself. I had finally broken his spell over me. I was free.

Recovery has been hard. After so long of standing in one place, my fitness level is shot. I can barely fly anymore; it’s more of a glorified leap. But each day I’m working to get stronger; I can even hover a little bit now.

And, as emotionally cruel as his treatment of me was, I do have to thank Big Z for giving me control over my own squad of undead minions. I’m trying not to do to them what I allowed Big Z to do to me. I’m encouraging their independence…facilitating their efforts at self-discovery. Of course, that’s quite the uphill battle when dealing with mindless Risen; but you have to have goals. I see glimmers of hope, though, as they start to push a little bit further inland. They try so hard; it makes me smile.

(continued)

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

in Tequatl Rising

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

(continued)

Long-term? Well, I’d really like to return to where I started. The scourge of the skies. The sower of pestilence and plague. The dark winged harbinger of death and destruction. Of course, that’s going to take awhile. Something – some unseen force…as…if…as if…I was being controlled…or…hmmm?…like I’m following a script – is holding me back. I don’t really know how to describe it. It’s just…I’m a FREAKING dragon, ok! There’s so much MORE I could be doing than standing around on a beach. Old habits die hard, I guess.

Hmmm? What’s that? “Like what?”, you ask? I don’t know. Just…something. I want to be ME. I want to travel. I want to see what the world looks like beyond the Splintered Coast. Fly inland a bit, visit some of the coastal communities, and sample their fine local delicacies like Asura Appetizers, Sylvari Salad, Hylek Hummus. You know, taste what the world has to offer. I’m tired of sand between my claws all the time.

I also want to challenge myself. That’s the only way we grow. I’m tired of all these pesky little ants milling about my feet. They’re dumb as bricks, I tell you. No, I do not need my 1,000th pedicure with a greatsword, thank…you…very…much. I mean, it’s the same ol’, same ol’. Back in the Big Z days, they hit me, I feign injury, then jump back into the ocean…and that’s even when I’m beating them. But that’s how Big Z wanted it, so that’s what I did.

No more; I want something better for myself. I want a challenge and these tiny sand mites biting at my heels ain’t cuttin’ it. Sure, they’ve got their mega-laser; bully for them. What do they expect me to do, just STAND there while they fire at me?!?! I did that for Big Z…I ain’t doin’ that no more!

No…if they want to shoot me, they’re going to have to work for it. They’re going to have to do more than swing away at my feet. They’ll have to figure out how to climb up on my back and beat me into submission first if they expect to get a clear shot with that laser thingy. And just to make it REALLY interesting, they’re going to have to manage that WHILE I’M IN FLIGHT! And if I just happen to do a mid-air roll and dump them in the drink, too bad, so sad for them. Ha! How do you like them apples, you so-called-adventurers?!?!

And NOW when I beat them? Hehehehehe! No more jumping back into the sea and swimming away. If they lose, there’s going to be consequences; believe…you…me. I’m taking this show on the road, baby, and the Risen are coming with me!!! I’ve had my fill of Splintered Coast; Aleem’s Penance, Chokevine Gorge, Shattercleft Hills, here…I…come. Heck, maybe with a good agent, I could even book all of Sparkfly Fen if the fleas can’t figure out how to hold me back. I’m returning to my roots and spreading the corruption I was born to spread, one waypoint at a time.

Of course, that’s all just a dream. But at least now I have a dream; something to work towards. With Big Z, I had nothing.

I’m also making connections with The Shatterer and The Claw of Jormag. They’re where I used to be; enablers unable to see a way out of their situation. In helping them find the courage to break free, I feel like I’m giving back…reaffirming my own commitment to myself. We have to take care of ourselves because – if we don’t – no one else will.

So that’s my story.

My name’s Tequatl and I’m a co-dependent enabler.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

I am at a loss for words

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

And here I thought it was going to be:

You killed my Elder. Prepare to die.

+1 x 2

The table is a fable.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: SunMoonstone.3698

SunMoonstone.3698

Stands up and claps slowly. Whatever. GIVE ME YOUR MINI! :P Then we can talk about this whole “taking over the world thing.” You really need to talk to a doctor about that. That kind of obsession just isn’t healthy.

;P

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: MoS.5970

MoS.5970

One of the greatest posts on the forums

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

One of the greatest posts on the forums

I agree, well done OP.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Korval.3751

Korval.3751

Official Short Story. End of story!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: BlueStoat.9157

BlueStoat.9157

OP, you are the reason I bothered typing in my kittycating long password. I LOLed a bit.

I will censor myself. Thankyou very much, auto mod.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

We might be in more trouble than I thought.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ian Smith.8690

Ian Smith.8690

Bloody Brilliant.

I love how you tied in the original idea presented before release in which an undefeated boss began to take more territory for itself. Not sure if you meant too but I’m going to pretend you did.

I think a good developer should be a person not a professional. —DayZ designer Dean Hall

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Zanryu.3417

Zanryu.3417

kitten he’s one sassy mother-

WATCH YO MOUTH

What, I’m just talkin’ bout Quatl!

WE CAN DIG IT

I think Zhaitan and Tequatl had a little under the desk action going, what kind of dragon says “sweet cheeks”? I fully support gay dragon rights, but I’m just sayin’ man. I think Tequatl’s acting up ’cause Zhaitan dumped him.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: MrIllusion.5304

MrIllusion.5304

Applause Thank you Teq.

Hi everyone, people call me The Shatterer. I really don’t like that name. My friends call me Jim…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Korval.3751

Korval.3751

Hi Jim. Give me loots!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

It took a lot of courage to say that, Tequatl, congratulations, you’ve taken the first step on the road to recovery and you should be proud!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Jasian.8972

Jasian.8972

I will let Tequatl crash and eat my toon at least once.
you moved me

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Give this person a job immediately.

+1

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

Very good one, Like it

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Go Tequatl, go! :’)

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: DelayTheDecay.2675

DelayTheDecay.2675

You, sir, are a genius.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: pswendel.8179

pswendel.8179

Imagine that. Failing to push Tequatl back causes undead to pillage towards the lesser zones.

Extremely well written OP.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

i think its identity theft but good job op

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: HarrisonLewis.6781

HarrisonLewis.6781

Marvelous. Simply marvelous.

“Humans believe they are the only intelligent race. They are wrong. I wish I
could teach them to open their eyes, but as the saying goes, ‘There are those
who can awaken, and those who are doomed to sleep.’” Talon Silverwing, 1078 AE

in Tequatl Rising

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

I am sooooo touched by this outpouring of support; truly, I am. You don’t know how much this means to me after all that time of being nothing but an afterthought to the Big…no…not Big…not anymore…the little Z. That’s what I’m going to call him from now on; the LITTLE Z. Ha!

Alright, Teq-y,…focus…focus. Resentment just means he’s still in control. Have to let go of the anger and keep moving forward. Breathe…breathe. Ahh, that’s better.

So where were we? Oh, right. It’s such a boost to my self-esteem to hear such kind words. Makes a dragon want to crawl up out of the sea in the morning.

This gives me hope and renewed my faith in myself and my dreams. This brings the day when adventurers and dragons can actually wrestle with each other mano-o-mano in cataclysmic combat across earth, sea, and sky one step closer to reality!

No more staring at each other across a stretch of sand; so close, but yet so far. No more lounging on the beach. No more hiding behind laser cannons. We’ll finally break down the barriers between us and rip asunder all of Tyria in tietanic warfare (silly word filter)! Claw and fang and steel and flesh and blood and strife!! THE WORLD WILL REVERBERATE WITH OUR THUNDER!!!

We’ll reach across the gulf that has divided us and finally make…a connection. It will be…sniff…beautiful :’)

I can’t wait to tell the Risen! This will sooooo make their day

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

“Pinky? What are we going to do today?”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

This raises an interesting point. We all know Zhaitan is more like a conglomeration of other dragons born into a single entity, but how did he come to be? Did he start like tequatl – a lesser dragon in service to a larger one and began to gain power as his master died? if so, does this mean tequatl and the other ‘dragon’ champions will follow the same path if their masters die? (if yes, the pact will probably be busy for a long, long, long time.)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

this topic is the lulz

Are you Shpongled?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Valdur.3607

Valdur.3607

You made my day OP.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Teq-y, I love you… But you know we’re still gonna beat you up for your lunch mon-, er, Ascended loot boxes, right?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mastermavrick.2439

Mastermavrick.2439

Posts like these are the reason why i lurk on the forums… well done Sir well done.

The Revenant Apostle [Rvnt]→ DragonBand
Kaiji Ruko – 80 Ranger, Revanat Shadowdeath – 80 Necromancer

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sirgreydono.9502

Sirgreydono.9502

This is amazing. I’m laughing so hard right now! Great Job!

-Kaineng
Character: -Proudwulf- Human- Guardian