How low has your server gotten Tequatl?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

What was the 50% reward?

I’ve got 25%, 50%, and 75% rewards. All had a bit of silver, some karma consumable, a green, and one of them (I’m assuming the 25%) had a Gilded Coffer.

LOL 25 percent. I seriously doubt that. From now on if any server says they pushed 50 percent, they need to provide proof.

Blackgate just got it down to 25%. There are already two screenshots posted above you (about 15 posts above).

Blackgate Engineer

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ivonbeton.6814

Ivonbeton.6814

Lowest I’ve seen him was around 75%

It’s great that some servers with a lot of people with time to spare can act organized, but for most of us it’s pointless to even try. When we got him to 75% atleast half the people on the map were genuinely trying, but trying to convince the other half is just impossible.

It’s like raiding (and not that great of a raid considering there are things that oneshot you and can not be avoided) without getting to pick who comes to the raid, no raiding tools (e.g a big group interface) and little ways of communicating. If anyone remembers their first Molten core visit in WoW with everyone still in blue gear? Now take away half the raid and replace them by people jumping in the lava. Feels a bit pointless on my server.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

Lowest i’v seen him was 85%, i was kinda surprised it went that low. In before overflow servers are the first to down Tequila.

Also after 3-4 battles, i came to the conclusion that dpser that aren’t located at the back of it’s foot in melee should adopt this strategy as soon as possible.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dench.5968

Dench.5968

I supposed to be hard. If this is meant to be GW2’s version of a raid, it needs to be hard and it needs to test the server’s ability to coordinate and work together. Being from Blackgate, that’s easy for me to say, but God knows there’s enough easy content in this game already…let’s keep this one the way it is for now.

I have no problems with hard content. I have problems with hard content being done in public.

Hard content like this should be reserved for large well coordinated groups.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: cyborG.3026

cyborG.3026

Jump over the water people

in Tequatl Rising

Ivonbeton.6814

I supposed to be hard. If this is meant to be GW2’s version of a raid, it needs to be hard and it needs to test the server’s ability to coordinate and work together. Being from Blackgate, that’s easy for me to say, but God knows there’s enough easy content in this game already…let’s keep this one the way it is for now.

I have no problems with hard content. I have problems with hard content being done in public.

Exactly. I think those people from blackgate coming on here saying how it’s going well on their server seem to forget that they are probably on the ONE server in GW2 with the biggest concentration of PvE freaks.

I actually like being on a server with all kinds of people on it. If I would want to do harder content, I should find myself a group of like minded people and not have to count on the average mentality and skill of the entire server.

in Tequatl Rising

Reslinal.2359

Exactly. I think those people from blackgate coming on here saying how it’s going well on their server seem to forget that they are probably on the ONE server in GW2 with the biggest concentration of PvE freaks.

I actually like being on a server with all kinds of people on it. If I would want to do harder content, I should find myself a group of like minded people and not have to count on the average mentality and skill of the entire server.

Hmm..I would say TC probably has more PvE players given both Blackgate and TC are full servers and yet Blackgate is also much more into WvW (rank 1 WvW server).

Blackgate Engineer

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Eddy.7924

Eddy.7924

#Beastgate <3

Less Tequatl, more Personal Story… Hehehe

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

You say that as an insult, yet our server is better than yours in WvW too. “All kinds of people” indeed.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

I think at first It’ll be a “Hey look someone can do it!” sort of thing that will motivate the rest of the servers to keep failing and failing over and over again until people realize how much of their time and WP/repair money they are wasting.

After that the servers will stop being full and the servers will downscale making success easier for dedicated people. Reports of their success will bring the crowds back and everyone will be back to failing.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

I think at first It’ll be a “Hey look someone can do it!” sort of thing that will motivate the rest of the servers to keep failing and failing over and over again until people realize how much of their time and WP/repair money they are wasting.

After that the servers will stop being full and the servers will downscale making success easier for dedicated people. Reports of their success will bring the crowds back and everyone will be back to failing.

The circle of life.

I don’t think it scales down much though.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Masterfaker.2501

Masterfaker.2501

on abaddons mouth we made it into the first laserphase means 75%, but then we failed 40 seconds before the laser was charged

in Tequatl Rising

Ivonbeton.6814

You say that as an insult, yet our server is better than yours in WvW too. “All kinds of people” indeed.

It’s not an insult. Funny how you turned that around and even added to it. I’m from a European server, so I can’t really comment on your WvW status. All I was saying is that just because your server has a better average level of coordination and skill, that it doesn’t mean it’s fair to the rest of us.

Highly ranked servers also work like a magnet to other motivated people who have no quarrel with leaving their server. Seen it in WoW, see it here. I have no problem with that, seeing as I enjoy PvE more than a WvW competition where the individual or small scaled teamplay has little to no impact. It’s just a bit unfair when it comes to events like this. I like doing all the hard content, but unlike your server, mine has a lot of more relaxed and “casual” players on it. It doesn’t make you ‘better’ or your server ‘better’ than mine, it just makes the content unavailable for a lot of us.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

…It’s not an insult. .

For what its worth “freak” is often, perhaps even usually, a pejorative term.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

love the screenshot!

hate the event. won’t even bother because time spent is way too long for crap loot. i guess it is back to champ and invasion farming until that bores the heck out of me…

also, it is just one more event that has turned into another shout fest between the newbies and the know-it-alls. the shouting is proportional to the player’s frustration level.

(edited by seabhac.5346)

in Tequatl Rising

Ivonbeton.6814

…It’s not an insult. .

I could have used “fanatics” but that also has a pejorative connotation. Really, it’s all in the eyes of the beholder.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

…It’s not an insult. .

I could have used “fanatics” but that also has a pejorative connotation. Really, it’s all in the eyes of the beholder.

Let me put it this way then…it’s not far comparing any other server to Blackgate, since they’ve broken every PvE record in the game. They’re literally the #1 server for PvE content, and are the ones to make every tip, every exploit, everything possible for the bosses widespread. However them almost beating it in 15 minutes should tell the admin we need 25-30…since the slowest servers always take about double the time as Blackgate (and that’s not an insult, they’re just that good!).

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Tequatl Rising

Ivonbeton.6814

…It’s not an insult. .

Let me put it this way then…it’s not far comparing any other server to Blackgate, since they’ve broken every PvE record in the game. They’re literally the #1 server for PvE content, and are the ones to make every tip, every exploit, everything possible for the bosses widespread. However them almost beating it in 15 minutes should tell the admin we need 25-30…since the slowest servers always take about double the time as Blackgate (and that’s not an insult, they’re just that good!).

Well yeah, that’s what I was implying aswell. They shouldn’t be the standard and I get annoyed by the elitists coming on here saying otherwise and feeling superior simply for being on Blackgate.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Well yeah, that’s what I was implying aswell. They shouldn’t be the standard and I get annoyed by the elitists coming on here saying otherwise and feeling superior simply for being on Blackgate.

I too, enjoy smugging about failing an event. xD

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

People were struggled to kill him before the patch in 15minutes even when just full dpsing the whole time. Not sure what anet were thinking with the timeframe they have set. On the other hand maybe they are trying to force the bad players to gear better and learn. Honestly wonder how much faster meta events would go if all the condition specced people changed into power mainstat gear. Cause at the moment they just scale events up and leech. I think the openworld population was severely overestimated in ability. But we shall see over the next few days.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Buttons.2138

Buttons.2138

Blackgate 28% 9-17-13 1707 PST

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: mallas.9836

mallas.9836

ONE kitten %

ARGH!!!!!!!!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: bwuki.2175

bwuki.2175

NOOOOOOOOOOOO 1%

Attachments:

Brotherhood of the Butterfly
Voted “most likely to die/fail” by peers

in Tequatl Rising

RyuDragnier.9476

Grats Blackgate, you almost got him! We at EB got him down under 70% finally. Sure we failed, but hey, that’s better than last time. Hell, we didn’t even use Teamspeak to coordinate this time. Apparently the PUG ‘hive mind’ is evolving to awesome levels.

[hS]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dash.7108

Dash.7108

1 freaking % man worst feeling.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: flickky.2634

flickky.2634

1% BEASTGATE

;____;

Flickky / Landsplash
[TwitchTV] [Twitter]
Oceanic Leader of [KnT] Knights of the Temple ~ Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

1 freaking % man worst feeling.

1% left on his HP bar because my awesome DPS has been sadly locked out of BG since the update

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

NOOOOOOOOOOOO 1%

crap… i’m guesting to BG…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

NOOOOOOOOOOOO 1%

crap… i’m guesting to BG…

You and everybody else. Good luck getting a slot. Not even natives can get in now.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

ya you think your guesting to BG your gonna be in overflow sorry to break it to ya.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

Inc worlds first

#Beastgate <3

Attachments:

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Reaper.1695

Reaper.1695

I’m from BlackGate, been in OF all day. Not enough ppl in OF to even tickle him.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH BG LETS DO IT NEXT TIME!

Attachments:

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

I was on BG and we indeed had him at 1%. I think that EVERYONE should rush and DPS at the end of the last 25% phase.
I will admit when I am wrong and I believe that we can do it.
If we do it will be the best event Anet has ever created and kudos to the Anet team for creating a fantastic challenging event that is by far the most fun in the game.

PS…yes I am eating my hat as I type.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

PS Black Gate turreters were doing amazing keep up the good job guys!

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: jweez.7214

jweez.7214

I was on BG and we indeed had him at 1%. I think that EVERYONE should rush and DPS at the end of the last 25% phase.
I will admit when I am wrong and I believe that we can do it.
If we do it will be the best event Anet has ever created and kudos to the Anet team for creating a fantastic challenging event that is by far the most fun in the game.

PS…yes I am eating my hat as I type.

That is awesome for you and bg. But I don’t think the devs should be praised for this one. Overall the community is frustrated and angry and most servers are no where near you guys in progress.

But do let me reiterate so I am not confused to be a hater. GG Blackgate. Keep kicking kitten Can’t wait to see you guys hit the world first.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

I just think we have to be faster to get back to him once the laser is charged. Start running before the timer runs out.

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Deim Hunir.8503

Deim Hunir.8503

This event even if perhaps a tad too hard ( too much HP) is much more fun to do now ! It’s definitely a step i nthe right direction because it was really braindead before. I had fun jumping over the waves XD … and it was hilarious when the tidal wave came and wiped almost everyone.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: mallas.9836

mallas.9836

completely agree. While it will be a nice feat to beat him as he is , for the other probably 85% of the servers, it seems a bit too harsh of a fight.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dash.7108

Dash.7108

I completely understand and I agree teq’s HP should be nerfed. But at least there is hope that some server can do it…

in Tequatl Rising

RyuDragnier.9476

A combined increase of the timer to 30 minutes and possibly a max health nerf of maybe 15-25% would probably put him in a good area for most servers.

[hS]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

You’re just going to prove it can be done. I know a number of people that will not stand for that. Good job though

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

in Tequatl Rising

RyuDragnier.9476

They’ll also be the first server ever, including the test server, to have ever beaten the new and improved Tequatl. I daresay they’re about to break another record.

[hS]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

And how many people do you think are guesting on Blackgate right now thinking it’s their best chance to kill Tequatl?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vex.3021

Vex.3021

If it can be done why ask for nerfs?
If it gets nerfed ppl won’t learn to play better and remain bad.
A suggestion from me would be to kick whoever afks for more than 2 mins while the event is active.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ewon.5903

Ewon.5903

So what is Blackgate doing to get their dps high enough? The servers I have been on only get like 10-20% off of him and they are not very organized.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

So what is Blackgate doing to get their dps high enough? The servers I have been on only get like 10-20% off of him and they are not very organized.

You’ve answered your own question.

Organization is the key.

in Tequatl Rising

RyuDragnier.9476

If it can be done why ask for nerfs?
If it gets nerfed ppl won’t learn to play better and remain bad.
A suggestion from me would be to kick whoever afks for more than 2 mins while the event is active.

We had the entirety of Ehmry Bay’s version of Sparkfly Fen there, 0 afks, and we only got him down under 70% that fight. This is WITH pugs knowing how it works. He’s just that hard unless you have the entire map coordinated that well, which is near impossible to do unless you’re Blackgate. Face it, he’s going to get nerfed soon, and possibly enough to make him doable for all of the servers (meaning he’ll be a cakewalk for BG, who will then complain he’s too easy possibly).

[hS]

in Tequatl Rising

Reslinal.2359

Main force stack together while the guys on turrets focus on cleansing and giving the main force quickness. The first part is the long one, then it goes a lot quicker. We have 100 people in TS now as well:)

Blackgate Engineer

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

theres alot the map is hard capped cant even join your guild groups that are already there because of it