How low has your server gotten Tequatl?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: qualm like a bomb.6512

qualm like a bomb.6512

maybe now that anet has chased all of DR out of wvw with the bloodlust BS, we can get 30 or so people together to get Teq down to 90%. Ya for the updates ever!

Qualm – Commander
Grievance [GVNC] – Our drunken WvW is the kitten
Devona’s Rest – Forever Outnumbered & Kittened upon by Anet

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

If it can be done why ask for nerfs?
If it gets nerfed ppl won’t learn to play better and remain bad.
A suggestion from me would be to kick whoever afks for more than 2 mins while the event is active.

You cant kick anyone from the map. If he is there, he is there to stay. AFK or not. When you are in a guild or other group, you can filter your squad to perform better. In world events you cant. You are only as good as the bulk of your zerg can be. So whats the next recipe for sucessful PvE? All zerg transfer to Blackgate (and probably ruining it in the process)?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Tyrael.7145

Tyrael.7145

Here’s a video of the latest Blackgate attempt if anyone is interested. Music was added out of respect for people in public teamspeak.
http://youtu.be/QcQVAu9K1EE

(edited by Tyrael.7145)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: zaxziakohl.5243

zaxziakohl.5243

Or do what I’m doing. Guest on Black gate, stay in Sparkfly and wait for travel

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: joe.9815

joe.9815

How does that work everyone stands in 1 area turrets buff them use 2 and 1 when everything else is down?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

when people are down, the standing ones try to rezz them as quick as possible while the turrets keep cleansing.

Blackgate Engineer

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

How does that work everyone stands in 1 area turrets buff them use 2 and 1 when everything else is down?

Correct. That’s the strategy most servers are using to get below 70% health on him.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Finally my heal toughness guardian was useful. Keeping SY, Hallowed ground And SYG seemed to help a lot with waves.
Very organized runs, which are amazing for a pve meta.
Lets hope we can still be first and get him on the next spawn. Gogo BG

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ewon.5903

Ewon.5903

Although i like the challenge of this content, im not sure every server can be organized enough for it. Atleast not yet i guess

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vex.3021

Vex.3021

A suggestion from me would be to kick whoever afks for more than 2 mins while the event is active.

You cant kick anyone from the map. If he is there, he is there to stay. AFK or not. When you are in a guild or other group, you can filter your squad to perform better. In world events you cant. You are only as good as the bulk of your zerg can be. So whats the next recipe for sucessful PvE? All zerg transfer to Blackgate (and probably ruining it in the process)?

I’m sure its possible to do a script that checks if player is in range of the group event and if he’s not active for the past 2 mins then get him to character selection screen so someone else can enter the main area.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Use the turretttttsssss!

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Rammie.2843

Rammie.2843

I’m sure its possible to do a script that checks if player is in range of the group event and if he’s not active for the past 2 mins then get him to character selection screen so someone else can enter the main area.

That’s not appropriate for open world content. Just instance the encounter then.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ronnie Hu.1694

Ronnie Hu.1694

i can see the failure of this event in the low population server

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Spanny.9256

Spanny.9256

i would rage hardcore if i were at the bg event and u got him down to 1% and then failed ._.

i believe once bg/any other sever gets teq beat once, they’re going to realize that the rewards arent worth it and the leets are gonna leave it to pugs and it wont happen again

regardless, could we get some advice from someone about the proper strategies for utilizing turrets/ the lazer, as well as protecting them?

also, in the 1% screenshot, did you see how many icebows/fiery greatswords were on the ground? possibly a hint…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: mallas.9836

mallas.9836

unless we are handed the mini, and ascended item and 500 gold.. this event was not worth it :P

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Keirion.9105

Keirion.9105

Good job blackgate! Great to see people organizing well!

Hopefully we’ll see guilds and such stepping up to help organize the masses of our other servers!

Here’s a video of the latest Blackgate attempt if anyone is interested. Music was added out of respect for people in public teamspeak.
http://youtu.be/QcQVAu9K1EE

While it’s nice to have a video of how close you guys are, you might want to either remove the video or remove the link to it as it has you specifically typing in language which is prohibited both in public map channels and on the forums into map chat.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

What about a script which detects who is not adjusting to the tactic and doing something wrong? In group instanced environment you can see who is standing in fire and not take him to subsequent attempts. In GW2 world bosses best thing you can do is rage on map chat. And with amount of people involved at Tequilla, you will more often than not not even see who is doing something wrong. The boss itself is fine. It’s reliance on random zerglings is not.

I am playing MMO-s way to long to understand what is the general quality of players. Lets assume I am good at the game or at least I think I am. If there is a challenging content to deal with, I can perhaps apply to a guild which does it and if I am good enough, I may have a shot at passing their trial and being accepted into the group. Now lets even assume I am the best GW2 player ever. What is my bet on doing Tequall other than being on the right server at the right day at the right hour? All I can do otherwise is rage on map chat trying to educate people and half of them wont listen anyway.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

i would rage hardcore if i were at the bg event and u got him down to 1% and then failed ._.

i believe once bg/any other sever gets teq beat once, they’re going to realize that the rewards arent worth it and the leets are gonna leave it to pugs and it wont happen again

regardless, could we get some advice from someone about the proper strategies for utilizing turrets/ the lazer, as well as protecting them?

also, in the 1% screenshot, did you see how many icebows/fiery greatswords were on the ground? possibly a hint…

Yep, They do much more damage with, Especially stacked with the undead potions. Once you have a crap load of ppl with them+turret and aoe buffs from players it goes a bit faster. The worst part is still the initial push to 75%

Isle Of Janthir

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Yep, They do much more damage with, Especially stacked with the undead potions. Once you have a crap load of ppl with them+turret and aoe buffs from players it goes a bit faster. The worst part is still the initial push to 75%

That initial push last time was hindered by so many ppl being caught afk. If everyone had been there ready to go we’d have killed him.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ivonbeton.6814

Ivonbeton.6814

What about a script which detects who is not adjusting to the tactic and doing something wrong? In group instanced environment you can see who is standing in fire and not take him to subsequent attempts. In GW2 world bosses best thing you can do is rage on map chat. And with amount of people involved at Tequilla, you will more often than not not even see who is doing something wrong. The boss itself is fine. It’s reliance on random zerglings is not.

I am playing MMO-s way to long to understand what is the general quality of players. Lets assume I am good at the game or at least I think I am. If there is a challenging content to deal with, I can perhaps apply to a guild which does it and if I am good enough, I may have a shot at passing their trial and being accepted into the group. Now lets even assume I am the best GW2 player ever. What is my bet on doing Tequall other than being on the right server at the right day at the right hour? All I can do otherwise is rage on map chat trying to educate people and half of them wont listen anyway.

This times a thousand. Allthough I don’t rage on map chat because I realise how futile it is. Not that many people still trying it on my server anyway. Last attempt was with about 20 people and it didn’t feel like it was downscaled all that much.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Slashpaf.9250

Slashpaf.9250

Gratz to Blackgate, you guys are going to kill it to next try.

I hope he won’t get nerfed or instancied to please the whining people that can’t juste get organized… We really need that kind of epic PvE challenge !

Vizunah Square

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Wombatt.2546

Wombatt.2546

Can’t wait to see the horrible reward that makes you want to punch a puppy for all the time spent for 3 greens and a rare.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

We got to almost 80% in an overflow. 90-85% most of the time.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Main force stack together while the guys on turrets focus on cleansing and giving the main force quickness. The first part is the long one, then it goes a lot quicker. We have 100 people in TS now as well:)

As with all pve questions, the answer is stacking . :\

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Any news from blackgate?

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ewon.5903

Ewon.5903

Just tried on BP. We got to 90% with a very very unorganized group that would not listen. I should have screen capped it, but it was pretty much just a sea of dead afk bodies.

wtb: new server

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

I heard in game in Blackgate that it was killed, but i wasnt there to witness so who knows.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: bwuki.2175

bwuki.2175

BEAST GATEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attachments:

Brotherhood of the Butterfly
Voted “most likely to die/fail” by peers

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: mallas.9836

mallas.9836

and down!

yes! finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

BEAST GATE DOWNED TACO!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dash.7108

Dash.7108

BEASTGATE DOWNED HIM aww yea

Attachments:

(edited by Dash.7108)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Chris Whiteside.6102

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Huge Congrats BG! Well Done!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Reaper.1695

Reaper.1695

Sounds like BG got ’er done… waiting for screen shots. In in LA at BG right now.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Rei.2610

Rei.2610

Expect a gigantic amount of server transfers to Blackgate. Gj

I gave up on ever crafting a Legendary. Best decision ever.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Gloam Drifter.9158

Gloam Drifter.9158

BEAST GATEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What was in the chest!

Lagg | Cat Six | Lögg | Heqx | Frame Loss

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Whoa congrats!
And with all the achievements related to Teq’s defeat, too!

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

wtb: new server

It happened in WvW and now it’s happening in PvE. Hopefully the situation gets better as the content is out longer, currently it feels like you’re kitten for being on the wrong server.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lord Sarok.4369

Lord Sarok.4369

WOOT! AND NOW WE ALL JOIN TOGETHER AND CHANT! WE KILLED TEQUATL! WOOT!

TC Commander! PINK POWER!
FC Follower! GF Guardian!
Proud Asura! Guardians Forever!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Please upload video

Well done Black gate

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Wayland.3528

Wayland.3528

Well since BG did it… it should be possible for all servers/overflows….

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

Wow BG! Grats!!!

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Reaper.1695

Reaper.1695

1s 61c. Lol. What was a loot?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sungam.9204

Sungam.9204

Time to server transfer.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

I can’t believe how much history I missed on my home server just now because of a game update, an overflow system and a guest system working together to make my position on the map impossible.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

2 minutes left on clock when we downed it too lol

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

Congratulations Blackgate! Please share the secrets of your people!

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

Well done, BG! Congrats!

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

And now there will be an influx of players trying on a few servers (like Blackgate) while noone bothers attempting Tequatl on all others.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Beastgate #1 <3

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

And now there will be an influx of players trying on a few servers (like Blackgate) while noone bothers attempting Tequatl on all others.

Yep, Anet just killed PvE on smaller servers entirely with this raid.