in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

Congrats TC. Now even in motion picture >:O

How low has your server gotten Tequatl?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: fierotecknics.5961

fierotecknics.5961

Sanctum of “We don’t need a channel to coordinate with” Rall will be a long time before they beat Teq.

Hahahaha. Yeah I’m on SoR to we don’t organize we just bark orders and expect results!
I hate to say it but hats off to BG, though they still stink. jk

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: mallas.9836

mallas.9836

suppose to defend all the batteries.. like you have to go to them. I did that on the first kill and this most recent kill and not getting it. Its sad i want my title!

“Batteries” as in the things charging the mega-laser? Or “batteries” as in the turret batteries?

the charging things.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I’ve not noticed a tail swipe. How do you get that one?

in Tequatl Rising

mallas.9836

I’ve not noticed a tail swipe. How do you get that one?

get behind him and dodge a bunch. apparently he lifts his tail up before it so ..

in Tequatl Rising

KOPPER.1458

thanks will try that tonight. waiting to get into main server. If I am lucky.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ShunsuiKouKyoraku.9106

ShunsuiKouKyoraku.9106

Someone even got the Mini Tequatl. Lucky git. :P

MUST HAVE NOW!

~De Oppresso Libre~
Shunsui Kou Kyoraku~Thief |Afro Claptrap~Warrior|Korra Jorradóttir~Elementalist
Zaraki Bladebreaker~Guardian|Mikasa Ackkermann~Mesmer

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dokk.5620

Dokk.5620

Another video from the Blackgate downing.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: RvLeshrac.2673

RvLeshrac.2673

A victory shows that a method worked, and that luck is not a factor involved.

You’re a fool.

You happen to be lucky that your server is PAYING for a TS server.

You happen to be lucky that a WELL-ORGANISED guild managed to actually get all of their players into the SERVER instance, instead of the Overflow.

You happen to be lucky that the people who showed up could read and follow instructions.

You happen to be lucky that not a single waste of space managed to occupy a turret for the entire fight.

As other servers slowly manage to get lucky enough to see the population of useless players in their instances drop off, other servers will continue to win.

That’s not sustainable, and that’s sure as hell not attributable to anything BUT luck.

in Tequatl Rising

KOPPER.1458

Those things you mentioned aren’t luck.
We purposely had people on turrets who could get on TS
It wasn’t 1 guild, it was many many guilds.
Your post seethes hate at the moment. I am sorry you and or your server have not killed him yet. You will.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

If you’re not willing to put the effort and get some form of VoIP communication for the event, you have no right to complain. I spent hours getting into main server, spent hours attempting killing Tequatl. Result? We killed him before anyone else. Effort pays off.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Amok Threeohthree.8501

Amok Threeohthree.8501

IoJ got him down to 95% the 2 tries I had yesterday, we were so close :P

If there is a dedicated guild on us servers (preferable active at australian peak time) please invite me or send me a PM in forum… pretty please

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ivonbeton.6814

Ivonbeton.6814

If you’re not willing to put the effort and get some form of VoIP communication for the event, you have no right to complain. I spent hours getting into main server, spent hours attempting killing Tequatl. Result? We killed him before anyone else. Effort pays off.

Hahahahaha. You think the other servers were slacking? UW had a full event all day. About 20 people tried to coordinate the event, at one point we had close to 50 people on TS. But most attempts got screwed up by people being afk or not even trying.

I’ve been in Sparkfly Fen all day, I’ve switched characters and builds for this encounter. I know atleast 20 people on my server who were doing the same. Result? Effort didn’t pay off.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: GenoUnknown.7504

GenoUnknown.7504

TC has downed him twice now. Way to go guys and gals! Great job! Love these people

Attachments:

Kisu Beki(Guardian) | Suki The Great (Warrior) | Suki Grimm (Necromancer)
Geno Bishou (Elementist) | Suki The Huntress (Ranger) | Geno The Unknown (Thief)

(edited by GenoUnknown.7504)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

2nd time for TC today – I think we are getting pretty good at this

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

SF got him down to 76%, i know thats not as awesome as some of you but we are improving each time and our server isnt big.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Cotheer.2806

Cotheer.2806

2nd time for Deso, a few minutes ago.

Edit:
My bad, it was actually an overflow server

(edited by Cotheer.2806)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: reLik.5680

reLik.5680

TC got another kill as well.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Moersel.1320

Moersel.1320

Elona had him down to 1% for the third time now… that’s the end for us today. But tomorrow the kitten will die!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

Elona had him down to 1% for the third time now… that’s the end for us today. But tomorrow the kitten will die!

Keep trying! It seems like THE most important thing (well, apart from the turrets) is to leave the batteries as soon as you can. Those few seconds of DPS on his left leg are invaluable.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mister TaCo.8135

Mister TaCo.8135

SoS just got a server best of 60%. Sadly people don’t realize that their zerker gear is completely useless for teq, and fail to change(Clearly if they are defending turrets, then it isn’t entirely useless).

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

Just now CD got it down to around 53-55%ish. Not bad considering we got caught off guard by his spawn. Many of us thought he wouldn’t spawn for another half an hour. Bone walls also went up twice.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: CalmestChaos.2463

CalmestChaos.2463

stormbluff isle got our groups togeather, 100 people in teamspeak. we got him 95% first time, 75% with TS down, then 55% with new guys due to the patch. were hoping to get past the 50% mark and hit 30%next time

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: eremos.8142

eremos.8142

I missed my opportunity to get him earlier as I was stuck in overflow but listened to people celebrate in TS. It’s really interesting to me how things are slowly improving. At this time yesterday, it seemed impossible. Getting him to 50% was a huge achievement. Now, 4 servers have beaten him, some twice, and others are getting closer with every try.

It would be so awesome to see recordings from each attempt so you could see how with each attempt, people are better grouped, turrets more organised, etc. Especially if it could be rendered in the form of a heat map.

Xander Moss
Gandara

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

I sadly wasn’t in attendance for the first two successful defeats of Tequatl on Tarnished Coast, but I feel the need to point something out:

Blackgate may have been the first to defeat Tequatl. Desolation did it next. But both servers did it during their respective prime time hours (well, close enough with Deso’s), when the chances of getting together the right mix of cooperative guilds and groups of people together were the best.

TC may not have been first, but we managed to down the monster early in the day, a day off of content patch release, and midweek, off normal peak hours. Just goes to show the sort of stuff we’re made of.

For the Toast!

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

in Tequatl Rising

mallas.9836

I sadly wasn’t in attendance for the first two successful defeats of Tequatl on Tarnished Coast, but I feel the need to point something out:

Blackgate may have been the first to defeat Tequatl. Desolation did it next. But both servers did it during their respective prime time hours (well, close enough with Deso’s), when the chances of getting together the right mix of cooperative guilds and groups of people together were the best.

TC may not have been first, but we managed to down the monster early in the day, a day off of content patch release, and midweek, off normal peak hours. Just goes to show the sort of stuff we’re made of.

For the Toast!

BG did the same for their 2nd kill.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

TC is my server, but they keep killing him when I’m not around… My toasty friends hate me! ; A ;

In reality, my work hates me and makes me work funky hours xD Hopefully I’ll be able to be part of one of their victories soon.

Hoopa doopa.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

You’re a fool.

You happen to be lucky that a WELL-ORGANISED guild managed to actually get all of their players into the SERVER instance, instead of the Overflow.

You happen to be lucky that the people who showed up could read and follow instructions.

You happen to be lucky that not a single waste of space managed to occupy a turret for the entire fight.

As other servers slowly manage to get lucky enough to see the population of useless players in their instances drop off, other servers will continue to win.

That’s not sustainable, and that’s sure as hell not attributable to anything BUT luck.

How is he a fool?

It isn’t his fault that either his server, his guild or perhaps he had a TS server just sitting around and figured he could get some magic going.

It isn’t luck that they are well-organized. How many times did they fail until they got it right? Probably a lot much like everyone else.

It isn’t luck that they had motivated people that wanted to be Teq and read how to beat him. ANet posted their live stream several weeks ago and gave us a sneak peak.

A single turret wasn’t wasted because everyone wanted to kill him. I’m sure the guild group outnumbered the PUGs and even then I’m sure the PUGs were willing and able to help the greater good.

People will get better, give it longer than two or three days after people get frustrated and only the determined remain. You have absolutely no faith in anyone, so how can you expect your server to win? It depends on everyone’s attitude, and judging by yours, you aren’t going to beat Teq any time soon.

It’s sustainable because they’ve learned quicker after their failures and know what to expect when things hit the fan and have a proactive server rather than people who troll or get disconnected. Part of that may be luck, but it also depends on your server’s general attitude.

in Tequatl Rising

clint.5681

SF has got him down to 60% we are on track to beat him soon as long as our server keeps its spirits up.

We are getting more and more into the muble server

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

Eredon Terrace got Tequatl. But who was running Eredon Terrace? lol
Blackgate.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: RvLeshrac.2673

RvLeshrac.2673

You’re a fool.

How is he a fool?

It isn’t his fault that either his server, his guild or perhaps he had a TS server just sitting around and figured he could get some magic going.

It isn’t luck that they are well-organized. How many times did they fail until they got it right? Probably a lot much like everyone else.

It isn’t luck that they had motivated people that wanted to be Teq and read how to beat him. ANet posted their live stream several weeks ago and gave us a sneak peak.

A single turret wasn’t wasted because everyone wanted to kill him. I’m sure the guild group outnumbered the PUGs and even then I’m sure the PUGs were willing and able to help the greater good.

People will get better, give it longer than two or three days after people get frustrated and only the determined remain. You have absolutely no faith in anyone, so how can you expect your server to win? It depends on everyone’s attitude, and judging by yours, you aren’t going to beat Teq any time soon.

It’s sustainable because they’ve learned quicker after their failures and know what to expect when things hit the fan and have a proactive server rather than people who troll or get disconnected. Part of that may be luck, but it also depends on your server’s general attitude.

My server is Overflow, the same for 90% of us who haven’t even seen him drop past 80.

I’ve yet to see a fight where anyone demonstrated that they’d learned anything. It consists of a half-dozen of us giving a two-minute explanation of mechanics, then 15 minutes of all the players present ignoring every single instruction they were given.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Unicross.1930

Unicross.1930

EredonTerrace did it! =)

Attachments:

(edited by Unicross.1930)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Gratz to all who have succeeded at this. Now, the big question: once the thrill of victory wears off, will you keep at it?

The table is a fable.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

JQ got to 51% tonight. That was with 2 turrets facing the wrong direction and spamming 1 on the ground. If we could get the trolls banned we might be able to break 50%

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Neishi.5309

Neishi.5309

SoR just got him down to 25%… then his wave destroyed us. XD

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Can there be a dev at main instances reviewing the attempts, I’ve seen a couple sitting in overflows watching

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

My server is Overflow, the same for 90% of us who haven’t even seen him drop past 80.

I’ve yet to see a fight where anyone demonstrated that they’d learned anything. It consists of a half-dozen of us giving a two-minute explanation of mechanics, then 15 minutes of all the players present ignoring every single instruction they were given.

I’m sorry to hear that, something’s got to give though. Every server has the potential to being able to beat him, but everyone needs to be into it.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Oolune.4357

Oolune.4357

Gratz to all who have succeeded at this. Now, the big question: once the thrill of victory wears off, will you keep at it?

I certainly will. And I hope that ANet releases more content with this kind of difficulty in mind, even if it is smaller-scale instanced content.

Tarnished Coast
Oolune :: Engineer — Arrow Of Oolune :: Human Ranger -- Shadow Of Oolune :: Human Thief
Box The Turtle :: Human Warrior — Bolobuns Of Steel :: Human Guardian

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ScarecrowChild.7091

ScarecrowChild.7091

SoR Just got him!! With one second left on the clock. XD

Attachments:

(edited by ScarecrowChild.7091)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Starshine.9286

Starshine.9286

i’ve done this stupid event 12 times!!! and cant seem to get a server that gets him past 68%. no thanks to anet & their stupid idea on nerfing the hell outta the dragon

Lvl 80 Necro
Quaggan Zergs!!!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

Sorrow’s Furnace 5x%, closer to kill him everyday

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kevlar Eater.1985

Kevlar Eater.1985

I’m sorry to hear that, something’s got to give though. Every server has the potential to being able to beat him, but everyone needs to be into it.

Or have Blackgate’s (or its EU equivalent) assistance, otherwise most servers will not ever shear off more than 25% of Teq’s health

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Neishi.5309

Neishi.5309

SoR Just got him!! With one second left on the clock. XD

It was SO MUCH FUN

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ivonbeton.6814

Ivonbeton.6814

I’m not so sure about that. A lot of good players always flock to the servers that perform well in WvW or are known for their active and fanatic PvE base. So those servers have a wealth of skilled players, where as a lot of others are somewhat deprived of them.

I’m lucky to be on a fairly populated server and eventhough we only got him to 50%, chances are there might actually be some progress in the future. But this must be utterly dishearthening for most servers and for people stuck in overflows all day.

This really divides the community into those that are lucky enough to be on a good server and lucky enough to be able to get into the main map and those who have don’t share the same fate. At the moment the content is pretty much unaccessible for the majority of players and will probably continue to be so for awhile.

I’m confident that I, and my server, will get the kill at one point. But this content is not “difficult” on an individual level, it’s “difficult” because of the overflow system, the AFK’ers and the random people doing god knows what. I can only imagine how annoying this is for lower populated servers.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: synchroscheme.6195

synchroscheme.6195

Last 3 runs tonight on Crystal Desert.

Third one was a rough start but we made up for it and caught up to about our previous best.

Slowly getting there.

Attachments:

Conquest | Crystal Desert

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

Third one was a rough start but we made up for it and caught up to about our previous best.

Slowly getting there.

hey its me laks. Ye CD has really improved today. In one day, we’ve gone from getting teq to 75% with 1 minute left, to 75% with 4:20 left. Players have improved a lot and id say by tomorrow and friday we’ll have killed him. We had 2 attemps, the last 2, where im sure we could have gotten teq, but we had some flubs. The first of the 2 was when we got him down to 75% with 4:20 left, and even did so with some msising dps, meaning theoretically we coulda gotten 5:00. We did well on phase 2 and burn phase but going back to phase 1 we had trouble. Lots of poison, had trouble reorganizing, and had about 30 people fall into a whirlpool twice, with bonewalls. So again we ended up at 50 % coming from 59%. The second time around we had a really rough start and completely wiped once during the fight in phase 1. Both of the 2 attempts had a full map with +80 people in TS. The fight has really brought the community together and im really liking the way its goin so far. Right now we need to improve on cleanses from the turrets, a team for the fingers, along with better placement so were not so out of range of teq. If we can do that we should have teq down in no time.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: breaker.4215

breaker.4215

to let you know guys there’S option to automaticly move from overflow to main server and it dosnt matter how many people are on main u will get in there anyway. I wont tell u solution here but i guess many people already know about that It just bypass queue

in Tequatl Rising

clint.5681

SF got him to 50% earlier, hopefully we can keep chippin down at him tomorrow.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Slowly getting there.

:D I see myself in all those pics, stabbing that toe

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

SF got him to 50% earlier, hopefully we can keep chippin down at him tomorrow.

It’s totally killing me that I haven’t been there fighting with you guys. I keep getting punted to overflow. Crossing my fingers I’ll be able to get into the zone for tomorrow’s big push.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi