Risk vs Reward [Challenging Content.]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Why? It has the same horrible drop-rate as it did before, and its only 100 times harder. I will just do other easier world events.

What should you do about it?
First of all, make the kill REWARDING…

75% Health
25% Chance to drop a random Ascended Weapon Chest. (of any stats.)
8% Chance to drop the special new Tequatl Weapon skins.

50% Health
50% Chance to drop a random Ascended Weapon Chest. (of any stats.)
16% Chance to drop the special new Tequatl Weapon skins.

25% Health
75% Chance to drop a random Ascended Weapon Chest. (of any stats.)
25% Chance to drop the special new Tequatl Weapon skins.

0%, You successfully downed him.
100% Chance to drop a random Ascended Weapon Chest. (of any stats.)
33% Chance to drop the special new Tequatl Weapon skins.

This would make the fight MUCH more rewarding, you still have a chance to get a Random Box however since the box is random you still have incentive to keep killing him, it is just not such a LOW chance that its not worth doing.

Currently..
I have no incentive to do this, I have the scales/ore from the last update and I would rather make my legendary or craft one then do this, its simply NOT WORTH MY TIME.

If you reward as much as I read in this topic, why would you need to do crafts?, people just kill the boss and will do the crafts.

pd: sorry if you dont understand me, my english is poor.

Ok.

You have a 25% – 50% -75% – 100% chance to get a Random Chest.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_chest

25% / 17 = 1.47% Chance to get the chest you want.
50% / 17 = 2.9% Chance to get the chest you want.
75% / 17 = 4.4% Chance to get the chest you want.
100% / 17 = 5.8% Chance to get the chest you want.

The numbers are actually quite low if you take into the account the RNG, CRAFTING WILL STILL BE THE BEST WAY… by a long shot.

Most of the ascended weapons are worse then there exotic counterparts, You have a 1 in 17 chance to get Berserker Stats for example.

You’re still asking for free Ascended stuff for not accomplishing the task? Wow…

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Why? It has the same horrible drop-rate as it did before, and its only 100 times harder. I will just do other easier world events.

75% Health

50% Health

25% Health

This would make the fight MUCH more rewarding, you still have a chance to get a Random Box however since the box is random you still have incentive to keep killing him, it is just not such a LOW chance that its not worth doing.

Currently..
I have no incentive to do this, I have the scales/ore from the last update and I would rather make my legendary or craft one then do this, its simply NOT WORTH MY TIME.

If you reward as much as I read in this topic, why would you need to do crafts?, people just kill the boss and will do the crafts.

pd: sorry if you dont understand me, my english is poor.

Ok.

The numbers are actually quite low if you take into the account the RNG, CRAFTING WILL STILL BE THE BEST WAY… by a long shot.

Most of the ascended weapons are worse then there exotic counterparts, You have a 1 in 17 chance to get Berserker Stats for example.

You’re still asking for free Ascended stuff for not accomplishing the task? Wow…

Please don’t talk before reading.

If you fail the event you still get no loot.

I said you have to get him to atleast 75% HP for the first loot.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Tequatl Rising

Smooth Penguin.5294

Did you read your own post? You just said that if you fail, you get no loot. Then go on to ask for loot for failing.

*Edited to make it easier to understand.

(edited by Smooth Penguin.5294)

in Tequatl Rising

Daecollo.9578

Did you read your own post? You just said that if you fail, you get no loot. Then go on to ask for loot for failing.

Quote me where, please.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: doomfodder.2906

doomfodder.2906

Do the event (non coordinated open world participation is structured to fail), or don’t do the event. But, accept the typcial inv/wallet items/rewards for what they really are: a commodity based trophy for either display or conversion to gold… nothing more. The “big payoff items” are RNG at best and so only serve to provide the “lucky few” with something special that they’ll probably keep forever (thinking acct bound ascended here).

I don’t believe that ANET intent for the Tequatl “reward” was to be solely inventory/wallet items. I strongly suspect that the real “reward” IS the achievement http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tequatl & subsequent title! Those inventory/wallet items are (as commented by many in this and other threads) a very SMALL incentive to try the new content more than once. The chance at those RNG items are clearly NOT the motivator to repeat the event multiples times (as is required for all the achievements).

I figure that if ANET wanted everyone to get this achievement (or the title), then it would be structured differently. If everyone actually did these living world events just for the “inventory based rewards” (essentiall skins), then you’d see either higher TP prices (for non-acct bound stuff) or those skins actually USED on players in game. I mean really, how often do U actually see a king toad back pack on someone?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Hexgame.4802

Hexgame.4802

Can’t believe he is still trying to argue that this is a good idea.

Ascended gear was implemented because Anet thought exotics were way too easy to get. If ascended gear becomes easier to obtain than exotics, well, that’s just counterproductive. It doesn’t matter which stats you’re looking for, ascended gear is ascended gear.

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

In time, people will be downing him regularly. You don’t want to make ascended crafting invalidated.

Why not? It’s kittening horrible.

I agree, Ascended crafting costs way too much atm, there should be an easier way to get the Ascended weapons you need to gear your character+alts. So yes, I agree, Tequatl is very unrewarding for the amount of effort required to kill him. The greens and 2 rares I got were very disappointing.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

^it doesnt cost way too much. ascended was introduced because exotic was too easy to get

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fubarbox.9386

Fubarbox.9386

Defeated Teq last night and although I was excited to kill him and get the achievment points, the reward was lacking. I ended up with a couple of blues, a green and a yellow. Once I get the last 2 achievements I probably won’t do this fight again. Good effort though AN.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

^it doesnt cost way too much. ascended was introduced because exotic was too easy to get

Exotics were exactly as hard to get as original design warranted (casuals being able to get them as soon as they get to level 80).
…well, maybe they were even a bit harder than original design warranted.

Besides, there is a difference between somewhat harder to get, and much, much, much, much harder to get. Anet is simply very bad at finetuning, they tend to use the bigger hammer approach and overshoot their target by a mile. This happened to ascended. This (again) happened to Teq now.

Yes, Ascended cost way too much.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Tequatl Rising

Smooth Penguin.5294

Quote me where, please.

It’s in your own post:

In essence, you’re asking for Easy Mode.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

Quote me where, please.

It’s in your own post:

In essence, you’re asking for Easy Mode.

I think 75% should get more loot than some greens. If you asked most people stuck in overflows, they would say that getting Teq down to even 75% is not easy.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

in Tequatl Rising

Smooth Penguin.5294

I think 75% should get more loot than some greens. If you asked most people stuck in overflows, they would say that getting Teq down to even 75% is not easy.

The guy was asking for a chance to get an Ascended weapon + a chance to get a Tequatl skin for each quarter life taken. That’s excessive considering that you don’t even have to win the event.

As for getting more loot for each quarter. I would argue that coordinated groups would then be getting way too much loot, since they can regularly get Teq down to less than 50% each time. Consider the fact that no other boss actually gives loot for not completing the event, a chest at the quarter HP bar is pretty generous of Anet.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I think Daecollo is on the right path – but with the wrong approach.

I will agree to this much – this event needs better rewards.
After you get the achievements there’s really no incentive to go back there. Most people interested in having ascended gear will probably craft it in a month or so – and then – why bother to kill it?
The chance for an ascended weapon is already very low.
Some might say – do it for the challenge – but that means once – twice , maybe more if you want all the achievements but that still means that once you’ve done it a few times there’s little to no reason to go back.

Why go back ? Is it fun ?
I would say ( although this is a personal opinion) no. I think there’s too much external influence on the outcome of the event by having so many players there. The potential for trolling is huge.
The frustration from failing because of people who won’t listen/bads is even worse.

Is it profitable? No. You’re better off using those 15 minutes to farm champs/ do a dungeon – that’ll get you more loot so that you can actually craft your ascended weapon.

Is it hard? Yes. Needlessly so. And overflows make it even worse.

So what will happen is – in a month ( maybe a few weeks) it will be deserted.

So – a solution you ask ? The solution is right there!
A token system- put one in place.
10 Tet wins = 1 ascended weapon. Simple as that.
People would have a reason to do it – and it would be a nice alternative to those who don’t want to bother to craft. Will they do it? No. Why? I don’t know.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Failure should not yield awesome rewards, and certainly none that approach the quality of a win – but the first chest at 75% should be as good as two frostgorge champs though, because lets face it getting to 75% is both more effort and a great accomplishment then 3 minutes in Frostgorge.

I would prefer if the overall rewards are buffed slighty but not enough that “people put up with it for the rares/exotics/gold”. The deciding factors should be wanting the event-specific loot, the achievements, and simply having fun at a challenging team play event.

I can tell you wiping on him 5 times yesterday was more fun and less rewarding then the champ train. But I went back to sparkfly today and not to frostgorge. Gold per hour isnt everything.

I commented on tokens in another thread, so I’ll just say I am against any token system that is as easy as 10 tokens per ascended weapon. Make it 50 and maayyybee. But really I’d rather have the fungible rewards buffed, i.e. the craft mats and gold. A player can still turn those into ascended weapons if he wants to.

(edited by Mastruq.2463)

in Tequatl Rising

Coldin.2840

The guy was asking for a chance to get an Ascended weapon + a chance to get a Tequatl skin for each quarter life taken. That’s excessive considering that you don’t even have to win the event.

As for getting more loot for each quarter. I would argue that coordinated groups would then be getting way too much loot, since they can regularly get Teq down to less than 50% each time. Consider the fact that no other boss actually gives loot for not completing the event, a chest at the quarter HP bar is pretty generous of Anet.

Why shouldn’t there be a chance for an ascended weapon for getting him down a quarter health? Maybe it shouldn’t be 25%, but a tiny % chance would be nice for the amount of effort it can take a group of players to get him down even that far. If that means big coordinated groups are getting more loot, then so be it. If they aren’t getting that kind of loot, we will quickly see participation fall off after a couple weeks once all of them get their achievements.

Think if Scarlet Invasions were designed so that the champions did not give any loot at all, and your only reward at the end were the champion loot boxes the wave completions rewarded. I bet we would see hardly any groups bothering to complete it since they could get that same amount of rewards from one tour around Queensdale.

No other boss gives loot for failing simply because those bosses are very difficult to actually fail. Pretty much any group of players will bring Jormag, Shatterer, MK II, and the Fire Elemental down, even with their upgrades. So I would not say Arenanet was being generous, but that Arenanet already anticipated groups frequently not beating him.

in Tequatl Rising

Smooth Penguin.5294

Why shouldn’t there be a chance for an ascended weapon for getting him down a quarter health? Maybe it shouldn’t be 25%, but a tiny % chance would be nice for the amount of effort it can take a group of players to get him down even that far. If that means big coordinated groups are getting more loot, then so be it. If they aren’t getting that kind of loot, we will quickly see participation fall off after a couple weeks once all of them get their achievements.

Think if Scarlet Invasions were designed so that the champions did not give any loot at all, and your only reward at the end were the champion loot boxes the wave completions rewarded. I bet we would see hardly any groups bothering to complete it since they could get that same amount of rewards from one tour around Queensdale.

No other boss gives loot for failing simply because those bosses are very difficult to actually fail. Pretty much any group of players will bring Jormag, Shatterer, MK II, and the Fire Elemental down, even with their upgrades. So I would not say Arenanet was being generous, but that Arenanet already anticipated groups frequently not beating him.

The key point here is reward. You should get a reward for winning, That’s where the incentive is.

Should I get a Pact “Victory” token for /threatening Zhaitan on the airship? Should I get a JP chest for making it past the first few jumps? And lastly, should I get my Monthly Bonus after doing only half of the required 4 tasks?

Take away the incentive to win, you take away the will to win.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

100% chance for an ascended weapon is stupid and invalidates too many of the other mechanisms for acquiring ascended gear.

It should simply be a 100% chance to acquire 1 “Tequatl Token” when you beat him, and only if you beat him, and with X number of these “Tequatl Tokens” (probably on the order of 20 to 30) you can buy an ascended weapon with his weapon models’ appearance that you can double-click once to choose stats on.

That way people who are REALLY good at doing the raid can work themselves toward ascended weapons, it’s still uber difficult, but the rewards become worth it because you’re actually making progress toward something meaningful.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

100% chance for an ascended weapon is stupid and invalidates too many of the other mechanisms for acquiring ascended gear.

It should simply be a 100% chance to acquire 1 “Tequatl Token” when you beat him, and only if you beat him, and with X number of these “Tequatl Tokens” (probably on the order of 20 to 30) you can buy an ascended weapon with his weapon models’ appearance that you can double-click once to choose stats on.

That way people who are REALLY good at doing the raid can work themselves toward ascended weapons, it’s still uber difficult, but the rewards become worth it because you’re actually making progress toward something meaningful.

i don’t mind this at all.
not sure if its 20 or 50 (time will tell, but it looks like this event is quite beatable if large guilds can get into the same instance) but removing the rng element would certainly extend the life of the event past the arrival of the next patch content.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Bhima.9518

Bhima.9518

The key point here is reward. You should get a reward for winning, That’s where the incentive is.

Should I get a Pact “Victory” token for /threatening Zhaitan on the airship? Should I get a JP chest for making it past the first few jumps? And lastly, should I get my Monthly Bonus after doing only half of the required 4 tasks?

Problem with your conclusion: After beating Teq a few times, there IS no incentive to win because winning already gives you jack squat. I think the rewards for this fight should be upped at all 4 points (75% hp, 50% hp, 25% hp, 0% hp) by giving guaranteed rares at each step, 25% chance at exotic at 75%hp, 50% chance at 50% and a guaranteed exotic at 25% hp, with at least a 10% chance at an ascended chest when downing him. So if you kill him you get: 4 rares, 1 exotic, 50% chance for another exotic, 25% chance at another exotic and a 10% chance at ascended.

I agree that Daecollo’s rewards are too high, but the one point he makes that is absolute truth: If they don’t buff rewards people in the medium term will just stop doing this fight and it will be nerfed to increase participation. MOST of us don’t want the fight to be nerfed, ergo, Anet better bump up the rewards to keep people trying to down Teq.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

A token to pick the weap you wanted, might clear this up.

As for people saying that this will destroy ascended crafting/price on mats. Don’t worry players did this from the start. (Mats that required a daily CD + high level crafting to craft, people sell for less than half the cost of the just farmed mats, that require no level of anything to obtain.)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

Problem with your conclusion: After beating Teq a few times, there IS no incentive to win because winning already gives you jack squat. I think the rewards for this fight should be upped at all 4 points (75% hp, 50% hp, 25% hp, 0% hp) by giving guaranteed rares at each step, 25% chance at exotic at 75%hp, 50% chance at 50% and a guaranteed exotic at 25% hp, with at least a 10% chance at an ascended chest when downing him. So if you kill him you get: 4 rares, 1 exotic, 50% chance for another exotic, 25% chance at another exotic and a 10% chance at ascended.

I agree that Daecollo’s rewards are too high, but the one point he makes that is absolute truth: If they don’t buff rewards people in the medium term will just stop doing this fight and it will be nerfed to increase participation. MOST of us don’t want the fight to be nerfed, ergo, Anet better bump up the rewards to keep people trying to down Teq.

agree…..whether you like it or not, events die when the rewards are not worth the effort. as much as i might do it for the fun or challenge, most don’t. we’ve seen this already with karka queen and jormag. path of least resistance is always followed by the vast majority. so when an event requires this many people to do…..it will most certainly die if the rewards are not improved significantly (not absurdly….but it should be much better than normal world boss events.)

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Tequatl Rising

Smooth Penguin.5294

agree…..whether you like it or not, events die when the rewards are not worth the effort. as much as i might do it for the fun or challenge, most don’t. we’ve seen this already with karka queen and jormag. path of least resistance is always followed by the vast majority. so when an event requires this many people to do…..it will most certainly die if the rewards are not improved significantly (not absurdly….but it should be much better than normal world boss events.)

But remember, you can’t add so many rewards so often. The really Elite players will be getting a lion’s share of the Rares and Exotics all the time, creating a much large gap in wealth. The key to increasing any type of rewards is keeping a good balance. You don’t want to reward the best loot for failing, so Teq exclusive items should be RNG’s only upon completion of the event. I could see a larger boost to drops at the 25% level, but not at 50% or 75%.

in Tequatl Rising

Coldin.2840

You define “reward” as beating him completely. I’ll define the reward as “putting in time and effort and while not necessarily beating him, still making progress”. I guess my definition is a bit longer, but I believe it’s more fair to the average player.

Even so, why can we not have rewards for both the intervals, and a much grander reward for beating him? I see no reason why one has to suffer for the other.

I’ll propose some numbers here, just to give an idea of what I think would be fair.

Dragon Chest: You receive one of these for each % marker you get him down. So one dragon chest for 75%, two for 50%, and three for 25%. Inside the dragon chest is one flask of karma, a green item that has a high percentage chance for a rare, and 10 silver. Silver is mostly there to cover repair costs.

The first time per day per account you bring him down low enough to receive a dragon chest, you also receive 1 guaranteed rare item, with a chance for an exotic. This encourages people to attempt him at least once a day, even if they may not win.

Defeating him would reward the player with 3 dragon chests, as well as the Tequatl chest. The Tequatl chest includes 50 of each ascended material (Bloodstone, Empyrial, Dragonite), as well as one guaranteed exotic, with a chance of the ascended or named items, and 50 silver.

Now, you may say that giving players 1 exotic and 50 silver for beating Tequatl is too much. But let’s also consider that to beat him, a group has to basically coordinate and rally together over the course of an hour to get to the point where beating him is even possible. That time could be spent champion farming, where 50 silver is easily acquired as well as many chances for rares and exotics.

That’s what I think would be fair rewards, and hopefully keep people attempting Tequatl long after Boss Week is done. Assuming they don’t nerf Tequatl himself, of course.

in Tequatl Rising

Smooth Penguin.5294

You define “reward” as beating him completely. I’ll define the reward as “putting in time and effort and while not necessarily beating him, still making progress”. I guess my definition is a bit longer, but I believe it’s more fair to the average player.

Even so, why can we not have rewards for both the intervals, and a much grander reward for beating him? I see no reason why one has to suffer for the other.

I’ll propose some numbers here, just to give an idea of what I think would be fair.

Dragon Chest: You receive one of these for each % marker you get him down. So one dragon chest for 75%, two for 50%, and three for 25%. Inside the dragon chest is one flask of karma, a green item that has a high percentage chance for a rare, and 10 silver. Silver is mostly there to cover repair costs.

The first time per day per account you bring him down low enough to receive a dragon chest, you also receive 1 guaranteed rare item, with a chance for an exotic. This encourages people to attempt him at least once a day, even if they may not win.

Defeating him would reward the player with 3 dragon chests, as well as the Tequatl chest. The Tequatl chest includes 50 of each ascended material (Bloodstone, Empyrial, Dragonite), as well as one guaranteed exotic, with a chance of the ascended or named items, and 50 silver.

Now, you may say that giving players 1 exotic and 50 silver for beating Tequatl is too much. But let’s also consider that to beat him, a group has to basically coordinate and rally together over the course of an hour to get to the point where beating him is even possible. That time could be spent champion farming, where 50 silver is easily acquired as well as many chances for rares and exotics.

That’s what I think would be fair rewards, and hopefully keep people attempting Tequatl long after Boss Week is done. Assuming they don’t nerf Tequatl himself, of course.

*Puts on compromise hat

1) Daily reward limit – No multiple “Chests” of course
2) No major rewards at 75% and 50%. You get a basic chest with a Masterwork item or chance for Rare+, and some Silver.
3) 25% up gets the Rare or chance for Exotic, and some Silver.
4) Winning the event should be the ultimate prize. Exotic, chance at Teq skin weapon or mini, Empyreal and Dragonite (no more Bloodstone please) and lots of Silver.

Tequatl is a major boss, so rewarding Silver or Gold for beating him isn’t the problem. What you don’t want is people just playing only to get certain percentage based rewards, then giving up. As I mentioned, the less incentive there is to win, the less people will care. All major rewards should come at the successful conclusion of the event.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Torque.2948

Torque.2948

LOL , so the ascended weapons you get are the crap skins from the new crafted ascended recipes. Definitely not worth the time or effort, not to mention repair bills from the horrible instant aoe skills because the servers can’t handle 100 people at once in the same spot. I will kill it once just to say i have killed it then never again after that lol.

in Tequatl Rising

Coldin.2840

LOL , so the ascended weapons you get are the crap skins from the new crafted ascended recipes. Definitely not worth the time or effort, not to mention repair bills from the horrible instant aoe skills because the servers can’t handle 100 people at once in the same spot. I will kill it once just to say i have killed it then never again after that lol.

Actually. It’s the same ascended skin, but with a smoky effect.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Read this before Posting

I feel that currently, I like the hardness of the fight. However right now the fight is just not worth the risk. You heard me right, the fight is just pointless, soon nobody will do this unless its nerfed to the ground.

75% Health

50% Health

25% Health

Currently..

Um… I sure hope that those percentages are at event fail/success, rather than cumulative. Because in the latter case, you’d be looking at an average of 2.5 chests per successful killing, which is ridiculous.

Also, all of your numbers have the premise that the player only wants 1 stat. Most people have alts with different specs, so a lot of the weapons would actually find use. Personally, I could use Berserker/Valkyrie/Soldier/Assassin/Cavalier/Sentinel on my Warrior and I could probably go for a condi spec on some other character with Dire/Rabid/Rampager/Shaman/Settler/Apothecary. That puts me at 12/17. And I only have 2 lvl 80 characters.

in Tequatl Rising

Daecollo.9578

Read this before Posting

I feel that currently, I like the hardness of the fight. However right now the fight is just not worth the risk. You heard me right, the fight is just pointless, soon nobody will do this unless its nerfed to the ground.

75% Health

50% Health

25% Health

Currently..

Um… I sure hope that those percentages are at event fail/success, rather than cumulative. Because in the latter case, you’d be looking at an average of 2.5 chests per successful killing, which is ridiculous.

Also, all of your numbers have the premise that the player only wants 1 stat. Most people have alts with different specs, so a lot of the weapons would actually find use. Personally, I could use Berserker/Valkyrie/Soldier/Assassin/Cavalier/Sentinel on my Warrior and I could probably go for a condi spec on some other character with Dire/Rabid/Rampager/Shaman/Settler/Apothecary. That puts me at 12/17. And I only have 2 lvl 80 characters.

Maybe they could get the stat they don’t want?

A token system would be far more rewarding then what I proposed.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Those rewards are a bit too high, but I do agree with the idea in general of giving him better rewards. My reward schedule would look more like:

75% Health
1 guaranteed rare
2 exotic boxes
15% chance at an exotic weapon

50% Health
1 guaranteed rare
2 exotic boxes
25% chance at an exotic weapon

25% Health
2 guaranteed rares
35% chance at an exotic weapon
4 exotic boxes

6 rares and 2 guaranteed exotic weapons
6 exotic boxes
50% chance for an additional exotic weapon
15% chance for an ascended weapon
7.5% chance for a Tequatl ascended weapon

You don’t understand

Its not that high, its like 2.5% to get what you want.

In time, people will be downing him regularly. You don’t want to make ascended crafting invalidated.

What good is having a flashy weapon if there is no one to show it off to? Anet has until November to change things. I put aside 100$ a month for my gaming each month, my fiance does the same. Once November hits I already know how I will be spending it. This month alone I’ve only spent 30$ with Anet, the other went mostly to league for their new bundles.

If you really think I’m the only guy like that you are wrong. The people who spend their money are going to make choices.

Btw people don’t take my post as me asking to nerf anything. I’m not, quite honestly I simply don’t care one way or the other about Teq. The stuff I do care about Anet has already said they don’t, that and them punishing the one dev willing to actually communicate with the players helped me make my decision. There are plenty of others around though that will have to make their decision.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Cinnamon Goddess.3869

Cinnamon Goddess.3869

I completely agree. Once everyone has the achievements they can get, this event will become undoable because not enough people will be there to do it. The reward system in this game sucks and I can not validate this is the case with Tequatl because out of the 6 or so times I have fought him he hasn’t gotten much below 50%. I have read that some people are getting crap out of the chests. I will give it a few more attempts and if I keep getting blues, greens or golds I will stop because unrewarding content isn’t worth my time!

I don’t mind that this event is challenging but greater challenge needs to Guarantee better rewards. If it doesn’t then it is just frustrating waste of time.

Also economy has nothing to do with it. With such a low success rate of even killing him it is gonna take a long time before most people will get the amount of rewards they want from him and by that time there will be something else that people will desire for there other characters. Most ascended will still be crafted and lets not forget of the coming ascended armor crafting. Tequatl doesn’t drop ascended armor and may never.

in Tequatl Rising

Bhima.9518

But remember, you can’t add so many rewards so often. The really Elite players will be getting a lion’s share of the Rares and Exotics all the time, creating a much large gap in wealth. The key to increasing any type of rewards is keeping a good balance. You don’t want to reward the best loot for failing, so Teq exclusive items should be RNG’s only upon completion of the event. I could see a larger boost to drops at the 25% level, but not at 50% or 75%.

The really Elite players already have a lion’s share of Rares and Exotics. Increasing Teq’s rewards will not change that distribution one bit. What it WILL do is keep the fight relevant for a long time to allow smaller servers/people that can’t play during prime time a legitimate shot at beating it because decent rewards would mean:
1) people who haven’t beaten it will try again
2) those who have beaten it have a reason to go back.

You see, this fight requires 100+ people and on too many servers at different, dissparate times, there simply won’t be enough numbers to take Teq down. So Anet nerfs the fight (I hope not), or increases rewards to maximize the number of people needed to win this fight. Otherwise, I guarantee this fight will be almost completely abandoned in a few weeks.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Could someone explain why invalidating crafting is a bad thing?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

Another farming? Dont we have enought of this stuff in game already?

in Tequatl Rising

daros.3407

I personaly know no reason. Ascendent crafting is worst thing they implemented in game ever. It needs to be invalidated.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: AquaSnarf.7126

AquaSnarf.7126

At the very least the minimum reward for defeating Tequatl should be raised. So many players have put in way more time than the rewards merit. The hours spent meandering through overflows to get to the main zone could be spent doing another activity in GW2 that produces the same reward as Tequatl in a matter of minutes. After spending two days trying to kill Tequatl we managed to complete it late / early this morning. I received 10 dragonite ore, a blue, a green, and one gold. It would be nice if people knew that they would get better a better reward from Tequatl than 15 minutes of Frostgorge champion farming. Especially considering that for most people defeating Tequatl takes at least two hours minimum.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Alerno.1425

Alerno.1425

I agree that the rewards should have been upped for this content.
Sure you get more chests, but after defeating Tequatl I got 2 yellows, 4 greens and I think it was 5-6 blues. Plus crafting junk and karma bottles.

I’m fully equipped on exotic gear, so those rares and greens and blues were just junk for me. I understand that not all are equipped on exotic, but it cost me about 5 golds and 130k of karma to get them. So they are not that expensive.

The chances of getting exotic or ascended gear should increase by multiples after getting him to 50% and lower health as most people able to take him down allready have atleast rare set on.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

1) Daily reward limit – No multiple “Chests” of course
2) No major rewards at 75% and 50%. You get a basic chest with a Masterwork item or chance for Rare+, and some Silver.
3) 25% up gets the Rare or chance for Exotic, and some Silver.
4) Winning the event should be the ultimate prize. Exotic, chance at Teq skin weapon or mini, Empyreal and Dragonite (no more Bloodstone please) and lots of Silver.

Tequatl is a major boss, so rewarding Silver or Gold for beating him isn’t the problem. What you don’t want is people just playing only to get certain percentage based rewards, then giving up. As I mentioned, the less incentive there is to win, the less people will care. All major rewards should come at the successful conclusion of the event.

Like you say, rewarding gold or silver isnt the problem. The same applies to exotic boxes and rares. Each 25% step should give a good amount of that. These are rewards you get any point in the game, and they should be plentiful from Tequatl to serve as encouragement that all the prep work isnt wasted if you get him to 60% only, or 40%.

The Tequatl-specific rewards (title, mini, special skins) and the ascended quality weapons should stay very rare. Even 10% is far too high for an ascended drop.

I would not even see a problem with 3 exotic boxes at each 25% step in addition to gold and a rare item. That’s 4 rares and 12 exotic boxes for what amounts to 30ish minutes. You can get that many boxes in 15 minutes champ circuit, then throw in some faceroll meta bosses for 4 rares. Same time, same amount of rewards. The added difficulty of Tequatl and the chance for failure you dont have on the easy things pays off with the dragon kill and the chance at his unique loot.

in Tequatl Rising

Bhima.9518

It wouldn’t even invalidate it, just like, before we had ascended, dungeon tokens, karma, Clock Tower, WvW badges, etc. didn’t invalidate crafting exotics. People still craft exotic armor and weapons right now and sell them on the TP or use them.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: arabeth.2361

arabeth.2361

Pretty much this.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I dont know why people hate ascended crafting. If you dont like it you can play with exotic, wait for a drop or build a legendary.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I dont know why people hate ascended crafting. If you dont like it you can play with exotic, wait for a drop or build a legendary.

I don’t hate it. I just don’t see anything in it worth retaining. Well, except for the general idea (“ascended are craftable”). I certainly don’t see a reason why a bad design in one place should prevent us from having better designs in others.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Well, I know the reason but I would get infracted for saying it.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

It takes 15 minutes to do it. If you win, you get massive rewards. If you lose, well tough luck, you lost 15 minutes.

What’s the problem?

Why do people think this is just a 15 minute fight? Sitting on a map doing nothing for hours on end just to save your spot in the main server should count, as should failing the event and having to wait another 2 hours should. No matter how you look at it, this fight requires a lot more than 15 minutes of your time.

in Tequatl Rising

daros.3407

It takes 15 minutes to do it. If you win, you get massive rewards. If you lose, well tough luck, you lost 15 minutes.

What’s the problem?

Why do people think this is just a 15 minute fight? Sitting on a map doing nothing for hours on end just to save your spot in the main server should count, as should failing the event and having to wait another 2 hours should. No matter how you look at it, this fight requires a lot more than 15 minutes of your time.

Even if it would be just 15 minutes what massive rewards is he talking about? Those blues/greens and rare? That is no more then garbage.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Explaining why would require writing an essay. Or getting banned.

in Tequatl Rising

Daecollo.9578

Explaining why would require writing an essay. Or getting banned.

^

in Tequatl Rising

Smooth Penguin.5294

There are some people who don’t want to earn things with effort. They’d rather it just be given to them. We call this “Entitlement”. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, as it’s human nature to want stuff. But in religious circles, Greed is one of the Seven Deadly Sins.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

There are some people who don’t want to earn things with effort. They’d rather it just be given to them. We call this “Entitlement”. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, as it’s human nature to want stuff. But in religious circles, Greed is one of the Seven Deadly Sins.

There are people who don’t understand simple concepts of this world. We call them differently but most often it starts with ‘c’.

in Tequatl Rising

Smooth Penguin.5294

There are people who don’t understand simple concepts of this world. We call them differently but most often it starts with ‘c’.

Those are players who aren’t used to non-hack&slash MMOs. When Anet got rid of the Trinity, that threw people off. Even I was so programmed to standing behind a tank while I cast AOE, that I wasn’t ready to combat low level mobs when Beta came out. Over time, either you learn mechanics, or you suffer by constantly dying to simple enemies.