Unbalanced Heal Skill

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: AllIsVain.6409

AllIsVain.6409

im pretty sure this new baseline heal is to help other builds with the new pvp condition meta

I can almost bet 100% this won’t be in sPvP, like the Mad King runes for example.

Lootballs – Elementalist

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

I would think the base heal and healing factor would suck, but I think A-Net took the wrong hint from Tequatl and decided to help everyone remove conditions.

…Not like it’s going to help when said conditions will reapply instantly thanks to the amount of passives I have. It doesn’t matter, really.

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Marquie Thomas.1873

Marquie Thomas.1873

im pretty sure this new baseline heal is to help other builds with the new pvp condition meta

I can almost bet 100% this won’t be in sPvP, like the Mad King runes for example.

But who really cares about sPvP when every thing i watered down there this is more a WvW issue

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Bhima.9518

Bhima.9518

Doesn’t the Ranger’s Healing Spring already do something like this and isn’t limited to just a few of the conditions and is also a water field that can be blasted? The sky really isn’t falling here people.

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Night Fiend.1942

Night Fiend.1942

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22Save_Yourselves!%22

Guardians can already cure all conditions on 5 allies, which seems to be the norm when it comes to AoE abilities. And if combined with Pure of Voice and Altruistic healing, it could potentially already be better than this new healing skill.

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

“Also, as it removes confusion that destroys some builds (perplexity and engi/mesmer builds to name a few) that rely on that condition.”

Perplexity Engineers are getting nerfed in the near future anyways I wouldn’t worry too much about them.

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

Guardians can already cure all conditions on 5 allies, which seems to be the norm when it comes to AoE abilities. And if combined with Pure of Voice and Altruistic healing, it could potentially already be better than this new healing skill.

Point is, its guardians thing. And its combination of traits and skills. This is a heals skill that removes 4 conditions and everyone and their mothers can bring it. So what will guardian with this on top of pure voice and solder runes look like?

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

I want you to go and pop this in the middle of a zerg in wvw.

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

Doesn’t the Ranger’s Healing Spring already do something like this and isn’t limited to just a few of the conditions and is also a water field that can be blasted? The sky really isn’t falling here people.

Was about to post this. People who claim this one healing skill (which doesn’t even cleanse bleed) would change anything in WvW clearly have no idea what is going on and are just fear-mongering due to ignorance.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

I want you to go and pop this in the middle of a zerg in wvw.

Contemplation of purity.

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

kRiza krimos.1637

Was about to post this. People who claim this one healing skill (which doesn’t even cleanse bleed) would change anything in WvW clearly have no idea what is going on and are just fear-mongering due to ignorance.

Next thing you will see is a weapon skill usable by all classes instead of any weapon skill…

My problem with it is not that it will become new game changer, its that everybody can equip it. Making 8 new different heal skills one for each class would be perfectly acceptable for me. Making one skill for everyone simply isn’t.

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

Next thing you will see is a weapon skill usable by all classes instead of any weapon skill…

My problem with it is not that it will become new game changer, its that everybody can equip it. Making 8 new different heal skills one for each class would be perfectly acceptable for me. Making one skill for everyone simply isn’t.

It is quite likely that this is a skill that’s only useful in that krait tower. There will probably be some sort of storyline thing where someone goes in there, dies to toxin, then someone else will start researching it and give you this skill so you can get inside and do something.

Think of this as a collector’s item, coming in the form of a skill. You can bring it to battle if you want, just like you can bring minipets. If you don’t like it, it doesn’t take up an inventory slot.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

If there’s a new skill coming from this then the tower is probably permanent content. It might also suggest that this skill can be acquired solo or that the skill would never be needed by solo players.

If this skill is unique at removing a new toxin condition, as suggested elsewhere, then this skill might become a gate for new content. You wouldn’t be able to enter some new dungeons without this heal. It would be a bad sign to see that sort of gating in GW2.

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Telekinesis.8312

Telekinesis.8312

“Prepare for battle with a new universal healing skill! A dose of this cutting-edge Antitoxin Spray will cleanse yourself and nearby allies of poison, torment, confusion, and toxin. This skill is available to characters of all professions.”

Most probably it’s a healing slot skill. they didn’t mention that it heals and cleanses.. they only mentioned it “cleanses” i dont see any problem with that.

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

With the heavy guardian meta in WvW and a combination of soldier’s runes, pure of voice, melandru runes and Lemongrass Poultry Soup, are conditions really that useful in WvW in the first place? Seems like even if this skill was your best heal/condition removal it still wouldn’t put a dent into what is currently excessive condition removal in a group.

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

“Prepare for battle with a new universal healing skill! A dose of this cutting-edge Antitoxin Spray will cleanse yourself and nearby allies of poison, torment, confusion, and toxin. This skill is available to characters of all professions.”

Most probably it’s a healing slot skill. they didn’t mention that it heals and cleanses.. they only mentioned it “cleanses” i dont see any problem with that.

Yeah, here’s hoping that it doesn’t heal, or that the cooldown is excessive, because an AoE heal/cleanse would blow many of the existing healing skills out of the water.

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

8 coordinated necros can keep a group impervious to conditions (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Well_of_Power).

8 coordinated mesmers can keep a group impervious to conditions (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Null_Field).

Pssst, those fields only target 5 people per pulse and each person only gets 1 condition cleansed per pulse.

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Gotta love the way people jump to conclusions based on few lines of marketing text.

Reminds me of the Sic’em change from the Oct 15th patch where thieves were complaining how their world is ruined now and it’ll be OP. As it turns out it’s still not worth taking over other utilities because of it’s lackluster effects, difficulty of use and long recharge.

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

God forbid Anet mixes things up and tries out some new stuff. Hell we have NO OTHER INFORMATION ON THIS other then it cures conditions.

Get over it, let it come out then kitten about it.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

kRiza krimos.1637

God forbid Anet mixes things up and tries out some new stuff. Hell we have NO OTHER INFORMATION ON THIS other then it cures conditions.

Get over it, let it come out then kitten about it.

Its far far away from new stuff. This is old system they are bringing in from gw1, and many of us seen where it leads…

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Probably just for these encounters, because krait can spam conditions like mad necro’s.

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Deus Fatorum.2473

Deus Fatorum.2473

What’s bothering me is not necessarily how OP it is going to be, as I do believe that it is to early to tell.

I am particularly bothered by it being under the “Rewards” tab of a living story event. Unlike the mad king runes, which you can buy off of the TP, this is an ability. Does this mean if I do not do a certain JP, or earn a certain achievement I will miss out on owning this ability? Assuming that toxin is a new condition, this will be a skill guaranteed to remove it on all classes.

Being a college student(in a competitive program) I do not necessarily have time every week to game, and I cannot control what weeks I am slammed(all depends on what assignments are thrown at me that week.) I would be pretty upset if I end up busy that week and am unable to get a useful ability in this game until possibly next Halloween or longer.

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

Does this mean if I do not do a certain JP, or earn a certain achievement I will miss out on owning this ability?

When was the last time you looked at an LS achievement list? The meta’s are beyond easy to get. The time factor for having to do the dailies is a pain, but since you can spend 15 min a day doing only the daily category for the current LS, OR do the normal achieves in few hours, it really shouldn’t be a problem.

Then of course, we have no idea what this content is. It may be perm and the ability may always be around. Or it may only require you to show up at the door to get it. We really have no idea.

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Deus Fatorum.2473

Deus Fatorum.2473

Does this mean if I do not do a certain JP, or earn a certain achievement I will miss out on owning this ability?

When was the last time you looked at an LS achievement list? The meta’s are beyond easy to get. The time factor for having to do the dailies is a pain, but since you can spend 15 min a day doing only the daily category for the current LS, OR do the normal achieves in few hours, it really shouldn’t be a problem.

Then of course, we have no idea what this content is. It may be perm and the ability may always be around. Or it may only require you to show up at the door to get it. We really have no idea.

True, but there are weeks I do not really have time to log in and do anything at all between real-life and college.

Just hoping it is more like a log-in during event and get it automatically sort of thing.

Also this goes beyond just me, if someone has to go out of town for a work related trip and is unable to get this ability, they will be kitten ed.

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

8 coordinated necros can keep a group impervious to conditions (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Well_of_Power).

8 coordinated mesmers can keep a group impervious to conditions (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Null_Field).

Pssst, those fields only target 5 people per pulse and each person only gets 1 condition cleansed per pulse.

Pssst, good point. Still not quite fundamental to my argument, really it just comes down to does this skill offer anything that we don’t already have (other than a toxin removal of course) or are any of the skills we already have superior?

I understand that this gives everyone an active condition removal (GOOD!) and that might be seen as something “we don’t already have” but I mean in the grand scope of things because a lot of people seemed concerned about WvW specifically… so yes, we have AoE condition removal already, we have a version of this superior to this new skill (condition converting into buffs) and this skill doesn’t really help people against most condition builds because you can apply conditions so quickly.

I’m pretty sure this will also have the 5 people limit that most AoE skills have and I’m going to guess it’s not going to be on a low enough CD to even really be noticed in most WvW encounters. I’m also going to guess, like others have, that this skill will only be most useful in the new content introduced as it’s the only form of toxin removal… other than other general condition removals of course.. which makes me wonder if other condition removals will remove toxin at all.

Slow down and smell the pixels.

(edited by callidus.7085)

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Monadproxy.3489

Monadproxy.3489

What if this heal sucks compared to others but is necessary for at least 1 person to slot for certain pve content?

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Madora.9340

If the eight necros are all partied up, their abilities prioritize party members over other people. While it is only one condition per pulse, you can stay in the field as long as you want until it goes poof.

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: MadDemon.7548

MadDemon.7548

Not really. Mesmers already have 2 skills like that, Null Field and Power Cleanse, and those aren’t even healing skills. Guardians can also group cleanse with PoV.

You gotta also remember that this is a healing skill, and you can only have one of those. You can’t just pop your main source of healing whenever you feel like it, and you’ll have to give up the benefits of another healing skill to use it (eg Warriors would have to give up their precious OP Healing Signet).

that just proves why its OP.. its universal, so everyone just pops that and woop… mesmers become even more useless.

From the sound of it, it is only supposed to heal conditions, so the fact that it removes conditions and does nothing for health makes it not OP.

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: VonKreep.6598

VonKreep.6598

It says healing skill, but does it actually heal or just remove these conditions? Does it replace the healing slot skill? Where is this on toolbar? I need more info on this before you can claim unbalanced. If it does not provide a actual heal and it goes in the healing slot this is junk and only viable PvE. And at any rate I am glad my necro stacks bleeding which is unaffected :P

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I’d prefer if it was a utility slot VonKreep. Being able to use it AND Healing Spring? Marry me now, I can finally do more group support.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

OMG! This new heal skill I know NOTHING about beyond a catchy advertising blurb, and isn’t even in-game yet, is clearly O-kittenING-P!
This will be the DOWNFALL of GW2 foreverz!
/overreact

Ooor….. we could all, ya know, settle down and wait a week? Lord.

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

OMG! This new heal skill I know NOTHING about beyond a catchy advertising blurb, and isn’t even in-game yet, is clearly O-kittenING-P!
This will be the DOWNFALL of GW2 foreverz!
/overreact

Ooor….. we could all, ya know, settle down and wait a week? Lord.

And this is the reason I think Anet has been making their previews smaller and smaller.

They surely can’t be angry if we give them access to more cleansing across the board, right?

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I love when they call something aoe, but then the range is like 120.

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I’m saving judgement until I see the cooldown and healing amount. If it only heals 100 health I can see it being balanced. If it takes 120-180 seconds to cooldown I can see it being balanced.

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Madora.9340

I’m saving judgement until I see the cooldown and healing amount. If it only heals 100 health I can see it being balanced. If it takes 120-180 seconds to cooldown I can see it being balanced.

That’s too long, considering most heal skills are between 15-45 seconds.

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

very much agree with the op. as a condi mesmer this concerns me. confusion is already weak and hard to stack(after perplexity getss nerfed it will be even harder) and this healing skill could be a big hit vs condi mesmers. if it does healing and cleansing in wvw, then my confusion mesmer will not be able to deal any dmg anymore whatsoever and it is already weak. confusion and torment is pretty much the only thing and this skill could destroy it all.
necros will still be able to destroy everyone and what is weird is that it doesnt affect the worst condis like bleeding and burning.

so anet please check all this before u just release it. u could destroy the condi mesmer and force us to use terrible phantasm build or shatter, which both are not good in wvw imo. soe please can u check this and dont just push into a release without considering this? or dont release it in wvw before u tested it. please just once test this before!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: LunarNacht.8913

LunarNacht.8913

Most of the time i don’t bring condi removal into wvw.
Bring warriors and guardians for that and it works fine most of the time.

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Furutre.2193

Furutre.2193

oh my, cant you just wait with the complaints until you have acctualy seen the spell?
Im sure you guys will find loads of things to complain about when the patch gets here.

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

What? Are you being serious?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Condition#From_allies

Party-wide condition removal has been around for ages.

No way this skill will be more powerful than any them, as PvE skills are slightly weaker on purpose. Making them niche skills players use to fill gaps (like when sylvari mesmers bring Take Root on PvE zergs because their other skills are pointless as they affect only 5 players and the moa transformation can actually make an easy lengendary troublesome as they don’t get reduced power and epic bosses are immune to it, while Take Root has a short invulnerability that comes in handy when dodges run out and some extra targets to soak a bit of damage).

This is most definitely here so people have a guaranteed way to remove Toxin, and as an experiment on ways to add more skills.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

If the eight necros are all partied up, their abilities prioritize party members over other people. While it is only one condition per pulse, you can stay in the field as long as you want until it goes poof.

And it takes 8 necros to keep it up always… and it can only target 5 of those necros total…

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

In the past, I’ve seen a number of posts requesting a mechanic similar to GW1 earning of elite skills. Now that we are being given something similar to that, all I see is complaigning. What’s up with that?

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: FoopOplo.7914

FoopOplo.7914

I’m rather impressed that the op is so good at knowing everything about balance that he can tell this skill is overpowered before knowing…. well… anything at all about it. Congrats!

Don’t play GUILD wars without a GUILD!

http://www.Vicarious-Gaming.enjin.com

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Madora.9340

And it takes 8 necros to keep it up always… and it can only target 5 of those necros total…

No. The necros are a part of a larger group for those who don’t have condition removal.

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

kRiza krimos.1637

In the past, I’ve seen a number of posts requesting a mechanic similar to GW1 earning of elite skills. Now that we are being given something similar to that, all I see is complaigning. What’s up with that?

Because its nothing similar to gw1 elite skills obtaining? GW1 elites were class skills, which bosses used and you cap it after defeating boss, this is uniclass skill that you get thru achivement grind.

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: ShiningMassXAcc.4735

ShiningMassXAcc.4735

If gw1 is any indication, my guess is:
- not usable in spvp
- either skill is ‘under-powered’ (like racial skills) and will see niche use in pve/wvw
- or skill is ‘over-powered’ (like gw1 pve skills) and will not be allowed in wvw in addition to spvp

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

DarcShriek.5829

Because its nothing similar to gw1 elite skills obtaining? GW1 elites were class skills, which bosses used and you cap it after defeating boss, this is uniclass skill that you get thru achivement grind.

It is similar. First off, the class of the skill has nothing to do with the mechanic, I’m not sure why you associated the class of the skill with the mechanic used in obtaining it. Also, please describe the achievement grind that is required to get the skill. There has been no mention of a grind associate with obtaining the skill. In fact, it looks like you will be able to purchase it with skill points.

Also, could you please tell me what class Raven Blessing was specific to?

(edited by DarcShriek.5829)

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

This could be a racial skill that all races now have access to (doesn’t that keep it from being usable in PvP and WvW?)

……

You obviously don’t remember the “old school” GW1 where you had to INTERRUPT the skill with a CAP SIGNET to obtain the skill….now that was a challenge (but made Elite Stances nearly impossible to obtain).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

DarcShriek.5829

- not usable in spvp
- either skill is ‘under-powered’ (like racial skills) and will see niche use in pve/wvw
- or skill is ‘over-powered’ (like gw1 pve skills) and will not be allowed in wvw in addition to spvp

I would bet on underpowered like racial skills. But they do want to put new skills in the game and an underpowered skill would not advance them towards that goal.

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Being cross-profession, it can only be underpowered on average. That doesn’t mean it may not be better than the healing skills of a certain profession under certain circumstances.

For example, none of the mesmer healing skills can remove conditions, so mesmers may want to bring it instead their own skills on places with lots of conditions, to supplement their utility and weapon skills that deal with conditions, and Mender’s Purity.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Unbalanced Heal Skill

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

- not usable in spvp

I would bet on underpowered like racial skills. But they do want to put new skills in the game and an underpowered skill would not advance them towards that goal.

neither would adding a unniversal skill, they want to put new skills in for the professions, IE unique to those professions, that will make people feel like they’re advancing and becoming stronger, not having some universal skill everyone can use.

I’m almost positive that this skill will only really be useful in the tower, kinda like the NF skills were only really useful vs Abbadons minions.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna