Dungeon is way too hard.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Bunta.5267

Bunta.5267

Couldn’t get past the ooze bit, we had a pretty nice pug, lots of talking, but there were moments where one side would get 2 enemy ooze and the other 5, or our friendly ooze died from an accident, or some dude gets ooze ganked.

Kinda made me not want to play the game, so decided this path isn’t for me : (

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Veltoss.9135

Veltoss.9135

Another “it’s too hard, nerf it” thread, really? Same with Tequatl.

It’s been out, what, five hours now? Give it a few days until people figure out all the tricks to defeating it before you start crying for a nerf, jesus. People don’t even want to try these days.

Blackgate

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

Few hours after patch and you cry for too hard hahaha.

GuildWars 2 is a game based on the skills of the player.

I am sorry man, I don’t want to offend you or your party, but you guys are not so good players

Takes practice man, try try try.. learn from other people.. learn the mechanics.

Instead of making this thread, you could make a thread what you find hard to do.

Agreed, i find the dungeon to be the most interesting as of yet, but as i have stated in another thread about how awesome this path is, the rewards for doing it suck.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Qawsada.4251

Qawsada.4251

The dungeon is fine with a guild party. There might be some part of that dungeon that test the patience of any players and see if they would rage quit or not, but its manageable.

The story of that dungeon can go die in the fire, however.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Cures.7451

Cures.7451

best path yet. /thread

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

best path yet. /thread

more like /forum

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

It needs nerfed in so many ways if your going to add this to a rotation, it is way to hard risk vs reward and needs toned down in a lot of small ways.

Otherwise, people will do it once and never come back again.

The hardest thing about the dungeon was finding out the intended strategies. After my group understood an encounters mechanics we finished them with ease.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

It is not hard after you understand the mechanics (and the rest of your group, too).

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: AGGabriel.9230

AGGabriel.9230

idm about the rest the only fix that i want are at final boss make the twisters destructible (you revive an ally and you wake up with 2 twisters right on top of you and your dead next to him )

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Kapina.9012

Kapina.9012

We just did it with 3 + 1 (ranger, ele, warrior, necromancer) pug person (who was dead most of the boss fights because we were on mumble and was hard to communicate via chat).

The path isn’t easy, but we found it the best dungeon path in this game so far..We found it challenging and tons of fun. After killing the boss we felt like we achieved something, EVEN WITHOUT achievements.

I’m sure it’s difficult with pug but hopefully people will just coordinate via chat and all to make bosses easier, instead of game devs actually nerfing the fights.

ps. During last boss, there is a “bug” if u go near the destroyed holographic generators, your character will teleport around the generator, turning him/her around. We failed our attempt to kill him twice because of me dying to this.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Phantasmal.5631

Phantasmal.5631

Easy dungeon with interesting mechanics. We initially had two people quit because it was too late where they were living at. Final Party composition of 2 mesmers, necro, ele, and engineer. We wiped like 3 times at the last legendary boss, but quickly figured out what to do. Our mesmers kept pulling the holograms to the legendary boss to help things go faster.

The only difficult part, maybe, was the initial ooze/flame elemental part, but other than that it was totally fine. I can see this being somewhat difficult if your party is in all zerker gear with people not knowing how to kite, dodge, or do anything other than press 1 and stand in place. This is an easy dungeon path.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

gotta say i disagree with the op. this is a hard dungeon, but dont nerf it. its not supposed to be a speedrun. once u learn the ropes u will be fine. just make sure u have nice patient people in your group.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Shelledfade.6435

Shelledfade.6435

The first boss is definitely too hard.

The rest is easy.

The ooze//electric puzzle is just annoying and makes people leave.

I beat it with a pug, but it took 4 hours, so I’m never gonna do it again.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: anabasis.7346

anabasis.7346

This dungeon is great. We completed it in around an hour and a half and we wiped a few times till we learned the mechanics so be were able to beat it.
It might be harder for pugs that are not on TS though.

For those having trouble with the ooze part I recommend using projectile relfection since the lava elementals are ranged mobs and keep pulling the oozes without stopping while someone else in your party tries to kill/distract them without hitting the oozes which is pretty doable imo.

I also liked the end running throughout the dungeon and trying to find doors to blow up and aether chests even though the last one only droped a masterwork hammer.

The only complaint I have is that there seems to be a bug in the last boss where you get stuck if you get too close to one of those destroyed structures that surround the middle of the room.

I had a great time in this dungeon and keep up the challenging-instanced-content anet!

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Kyrel.8942

Kyrel.8942

First time completing the dungeon was like growing pains. Extremely hard and confusing.

Second time completing the dungeons, I was with people who haven’t completed it yet, but with my experience we cleared it very easily… At least A LOT easier than the first time.

This will be as easy as any other dungeon in no time. Or at least as easy as the easiest Arah path.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

If you think that it’s way too hard than you should probably change your hobby.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Meh.. ran it three times tonight. It’s not hard. You just don’t know the strategy yet.

In no way shape or form does this need nerfing. Honestly I was surprised that it wasn’t more challenging.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

The dungeon has a massive audience right now and most people don’t know how to do it. Once people learn the mechanics it will become easier.

Personally I don’t like a lot of the mechanics used (kite mob here, kite mob here, kite mob here) but they are much easier once your group learns them. The problem is most groups being formed now are full of people who would die during a CoF P1 run. People who never do dungeons are doing this. People who farm easy dungeons with familiar mechanics are doing it.

Bad groups make easy content incredibly hard. Don’t pug it or wait a while for the critical mass to either learn it or stop running it. To pug this dungeon today is to gamble with your time.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Sigh…more bad gimmicks reign supreme again.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

You are going into the wrong direction. Is it really frustration and hate u look for with ur dungeons? It seems to be your concept lately. Aetherblade was hard, sab way too hard and here a boss that is frustrating and yet giving ridicolous rewards or no rewards at all with the bug. It makes me sad and not wanna play this dungeonpath.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: The Eternal Grace.3157

The Eternal Grace.3157

This dungeon was PvEasy. Now what do for the next two weeks…

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Masterfaker.2501

Masterfaker.2501

I guess the dungeon and the Achievements are not that hard at all

Attachments:

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

This dungeon sucks cause it relies on AI for succes. If AI decides to play tricks on you (like with ooze part and agro switching), then you waste valuable time.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

This dungeon is hard without tactics and easy with tactics, I’m guessing. Many of the people who are saying it easy from the start are probably people who took advice from spoilers or watched preview videos. Even a little bit of information can make a lot of difference to how you see these fights.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: The Eternal Grace.3157

The Eternal Grace.3157

This dungeon is hard without tactics and easy with tactics, I’m guessing. Many of the people who are saying it easy from the start are probably people who took advice from spoilers or watched preview videos. Even a little bit of information can make a lot of difference to how you see these fights.

I went in with some guildies without knowing anything about it and thought it was very PvEasy. It took a while, but it was easy.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

This dungeon is just the same as teq…Something that people will never do again. If i ever beat this once I dont even care for the rest of the achievements….

And also why cant Anet’s designers ever design something good…the backpack is kittening ugly.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: balto.6408

balto.6408

This dungeon is not that hard at all if you know what to do. Try to figure out dungeon mechanics and you’ll appreciate it more. Just spamming, wiping and not thinking, then raging at forums won’t solve anything.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Phoebe Ascension.8437

No this dungeon is still SUPERIOR hard with tactics, cause ai (a random sequence of AI triggered things) can instantly kill a person not giving chance to keep on fighting during boss fight. That alone is ridiculous. Fractals strategy is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better implemented. This is total crap.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Shoiba.2980

Shoiba.2980

lol this dungeon is easy, i wish they would change how the clockheart and the charr fights you can just zerg/afk them…. boring

Value has a value only if its value is valued.
~~Fake Russian Full of Lies~~

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

Too hard? HAHAHAHAHAHA, say what?

Half the dungeon, including the final boss, can be solo’d. You only need extra people for the Ooze “puzzle” and the lightning room.

And people wonder why they are adding timers to bosses.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I actually enjoyed it. It was a lot of fun.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Alkyone.7983

Alkyone.7983

Please stop releasing dungeon/event that are incredibly hard and gives no interesting reward whatsoever. Stop releasing bugged content that are untested, ultra hard content that the dev team probably dont even test either.

I suggest you put a poll on how people like your events thus far. I’m sure it won’t rate well. Just the character of Scarlet alone is rating very poorly as far as originality goes. Hire a new development team with people that actually have good ideas and test their stuffs out while giving out interesting reward instead of crapping on your customers.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Rafiel.5936

Rafiel.5936

I think there are a good number of people who like this dungeon from initial posts. I’m sure not everyone does, but not everyone likes to do Arah either.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

The difference is that you don’t really need to do the Arah explorable for any significant story (besides learning how Glint got free will). This is part of the Living Story, and I’d want to see the story myself. Time to watch a video instead, because I fail too much.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Pretty easy tbh. Just needs people to actually talk (as in, type in chat). Which might be why so many find it so difficult. :P

And I’m surprised that the ooze is criticized so much. How is that difficult? Have 1 person per side attack the lava elementals, have another person per side kite the ooze. Fifth player can go afk to grab a coffee, because honestly there’s not really much to do.

If a lava ele is alive and he sees ooze, the ooze is dead.

Not true, pay closer attention to the aggro of the lava elementals. They will check on spawn whether an ooze is nearby. If it is , they attack it (burst these down, just don’t blow all your abilities normally and it’s easy – if the fifth player has reflection or projectile deflection, so Ranger, Thief, Mesmer, Guardian, Engineer, it’s easy in the first place). If not, they attack whatever aggroes them, just make sure it’s the player meant to kill stuff on that side.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

I dont think this dungeon is too hard. I am not running dungeons frequevently but done it with a random PUG group including a player with like 700 AP point. We havent been fantastic, it took while to find out for each boss what to do, how to do, but we managed to finish it. It was long, and it was needed longer discussions skillwise for Slick and Sparkie but once we managed to find out what to do, it became easy.

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

People were asking for nerfs right after Tequatl was updated, but it still ended up being an incredibly awesome fight- this game needs more challenging content, not less challenging.

+10000000000
This game needs stuff not everybody can finish with autoattack.
I really hope they’re working on some hard content as well as easy..
This way they can make both skilled and less skilled players happy.
I had a lot of fun doing stuff like Mallyx, Underworld, or some Eotn dungeons on Hard mode

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

BEST DUNGEON anet EVER made

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: CamRage.2648

CamRage.2648

I was streaming myself in this before… was painful… http://www.twitch.tv/camrage

I might do it again soon if anyone wants to help?

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Anet – do not TOUCH / NERF this new path – it’s brilliant as it is!

Maybe a tad bit long, but still great and time passed without stuff feeling boring. Maybe replaying it will make me eat those words; but the various puzzles and parts were all great.

Kudos!

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

dungeons fine, op is bad at game

Which is actually Anet’s fault though…

When we were in Beta…. even stuff out in the open world was actually a Challenge to fight. People had to get good. Events would actually fail when there was too many leechers. Yeah it was a steep learning curve, but it actually did something useful: It made people use timing and CC and positioning and Combos to get every little extra benefit they could. Fire Ele: compare that in beta to the ShadowBehahahaha. It killed entire Zergs until it was nerfed. And so was all the other open world mobs. What really should have been a steep learning curve, was dropped down a few stories so that what should have been the skill level people acquired by reaching 80, would have actually meant something.

As time has gone on…. There’s been this festering …. pool … of easy-mode crapola giving the fastest rewards in the game. COF / Champ Train. Even brand new players are still sucked into this Idiot-Mold the instant they roll a new human (as most do) and step out of into Zergsdale where everything is still handed to them on a silver platter. It’s “indoctrination”.

Then all this Living Story stuff hand-crafted for them, Scarlet invasion especially (but also things like Ember Farm they didn’t address nearly fast enough). Heck nearly all of the Dragon’s Generals were also a joke, especially Shatter. …Should probably even include WvW in here b/c the “Blob” still rules there.

Granted, some people who find this stuff easy, do so b/c they spent years in Gw1 or other more difficult/deep games like DaoC, Elderscrolls, Demonsouls, etc. But that didn’t mean new players to the franchise couldn’t eventually do the same. They’d just be about a year behind the rest of us …. like they are right now. Except they actually would have had a bridge between skill levels and carrots that were appropiate. Nope…. instead anet just threw the carrots at them too early and now there’s this huge skill gap but they all expect the same rewards that much more experienced & observant gamers put in real time for. :\

(edited by ilr.9675)

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: hplee.2839

hplee.2839

i can’t standing on 1 spot and spam auto-attack on the boss = too hard

right?

Orisis Stonehart
Blackgate Militia

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Its hands down the best 5 man instance i ever played. Its an instance that relies purely on people figuring out (or knowing ) the strategies and teamwork.

Its quite normal that people have nfc on patchday. If you dont like the entire “figuring” out strategies thing, dont play new dungeon content on patchday. Just wait a few days and watch some youtube videos explaining the fights before you do it.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Pretty easy tbh. Just needs people to actually talk (as in, type in chat). Which might be why so many find it so difficult. :P

And I’m surprised that the ooze is criticized so much. How is that difficult? Have 1 person per side attack the lava elementals, have another person per side kite the ooze. Fifth player can go afk to grab a coffee, because honestly there’s not really much to do.

If a lava ele is alive and he sees ooze, the ooze is dead.

Not true, pay closer attention to the aggro of the lava elementals. They will check on spawn whether an ooze is nearby. If it is , they attack it (burst these down, just don’t blow all your abilities normally and it’s easy – if the fifth player has reflection or projectile deflection, so Ranger, Thief, Mesmer, Guardian, Engineer, it’s easy in the first place). If not, they attack whatever aggroes them, just make sure it’s the player meant to kill stuff on that side.

Agroing lava ele’s is not enoug, the moment lava ele sees ooze, he will attack her no matter how much agro you put on lava ele.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

It’s really not. I spent several hours in a PUG with some people who are admittedly not very good at the game (as in they flat out said "sorry I’m not very good at this) and we managed all the way up to clockheart (then people had to sleep after a few wipes) They managed to do it with some tactical discussions and a little encouragement, and I was pretty much waltzing through most encounters.

What it is is mechanically challenging. It requires communication, knowledge, and teamwork.

People leaving the game because of this path or things like the new Teq encounter should just go already. If you can’t fire a handful of neurons and actually figure out how to do something as simple as switch to cc skills for a room or kite a mob during a boss fight… I really don’t want a game designed around that level of intelligence.

I hope over time all content is brought to roughly this level. It feels challenging but fair, like the dungeons in EOTN.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

(edited by PopeUrban.2578)

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Aisina.4963

Aisina.4963

When we were in Beta…. even stuff out in the open world was actually a Challenge to fight.

That one time. In plains of Ashford. Zerg vs Flame Shaman. Me and my friends were in hysterics as people just got one shot (including ourselves!)

Ofc I solo’d it. Because you know I’m pro with my 900000000 AP right. Did all boss fights with only an offhand weapon, drunk as a skritt. Sometimes I stood on my head to make it easier, I felt bad for them. Didn’t need to use ooze pheromones because I’m just that attractive without them.

Then again, not everyone is Asuran. I’m sure all bad players were members of the lesser races. Oh I almost forgot to say L2P, that is a must in an constructive post about skillz. Roll a decent class etc

GEAR CHECK YOUR FRIENDS.

Well, former friends, because they were so poor I had to solo it you know. Because I’m the best play GW2 has and I deserve the recognition of you lesser beings.

./flex

S/F Asuran Elementalist

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

People leaving the game because of this path or things like the new Teq encounter should just go already. If you can’t fire a handful of naurons and actually figure out how to do something as simple as switch to cc skills for a room or kite a mob during a boss fight… I really don’t want a game designed around that level of intelligence.

I hope over time all content is brought to roughly this level. It feels challenging but fair, like the dungeons in EOTN.

Sweet kitteny kitten, No. just no.

As a moderate player I found the dungeon challenging, but beatable. The PUG I joined eventually figured everything out and we kept the mood jovial and lighthearted, but parts of it were pretty frustrating and not fun at all. Other people of course have not even been this lucky.

The game needs content for all skill levels. I don’t think most players want a game that pushes too much past their comfort zone. Hell, a basic skill rotation and some dodging is more than enough for me to feel like a kitten hero of Tyria, and I think a lot of players feel this way, lol. I don’t need to lead an angry horse to water and make him drink to feel like I’ve accomplished something. [/quote]

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Velkyn.5168

Velkyn.5168

I hadn’t done any dungeon for about 3 months because I mainly enjoy WvW and PvP and got bored with PvE.
Had lots of fun in this one with my guildies last night however. Not too hard, just not easy enough to be boring. It’s only been released and figuring out how everything works and practising it is the most fun and rewarding part concerning dungeons in my opinion…

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Entioch.6594

Entioch.6594

The dungeon is fine, the ooze part isnt really that hard if you take advantage of guardian and mesmer abilities. The bosses have straight foward mechanics and are enjoyable, but with that said I have no intention of doing the dungeon against because I have no reason to, nor, really, does anyone else.

Hidden Sin[ONI]
ERP guild looking for members.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Bezayne.6459

Bezayne.6459

While I was doing this dungeon for the first time last night (and enjoying it) I mentioned to my guild mates that I could hear the screams on the forum already “OMG this is way too hard!!!”. New content, no walkthroughs posted yet…kinda predictable.

The dungeon is fine, and once you figured out the puzzles not overly challenging. Glad to have some new content of this kind.

Granted, trying this in an unorganized group with no or little communication will make it frustrating. But that is up to the player to take care of…