Dungeon is way too hard.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

there’s nothing hard about this dungeon. if you’re having trouble it’s because your party or you are too dense to pay attention to what to do or read chat. you’ll help your party greatly if you see videos of people doing it or even read about it.

to those that ragequit this dungeon: thank you, you provide a slot for better people to join. hopefully those ragequitters end up leaving the game because it’s “too hard”

i absolutely enjoy this dungeon and i really want more content like this.

Gee, thanks for calling me an idiot. I feel so much more reassured that Clockheart isn’t just a giant pain in the kitten , and that I’m too stupid to get anything done, even though we managed to get him to 25% before we fall apart.

it might take your party a few tries, though there’s no point in quitting a dungeon when you’re right there at the end. unless it’s a huge bug, change your tactics or change your buffs/attacks/play style when going up against him. he is a bit of a pain though he’s not tough at all.
~ i have been able to revive my entire party or have clockheart’s attention long enough for that other person alive in my party to revive everyone else (bad to decent party’s) there’s no point in getting upset, if you do want/need to leave then ask for a kick instead of just quitting the dungeon making everyone else leave too.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

The difficulty of this dungeon is perfect. But, the reward on the other-hand needs to be better.

I got my achievements and now I will probably never do it again, because the reward just isn’t worth it.

This ^

The difficulty and the mechanics of each fight is too demanding for the average player who runs dungeons. The only other dungeon path that is even remotely similar would be Arah path 4.

There should only be mechanics out there that quicken the fight. There shouldn’t be mechanics out there that are mandatory. Sure you can beat the last boss without bursting his invuln, but that would take forever.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Mor The Thief.9135

Mor The Thief.9135

IMO the dungeon is fine and actually fun to do.

Maybe it takes a bit of coordination(which is not even close to the amount needed for teq). But other then that it’s doable even with pugs(all the runs I did were with pugs).

However considering it’s length and lvl of difficulty compared to other dungeons it could use a boost to its rewards(like giving an extra chance as a daily reward for the new weapon skins like the fractals daily chests?).

And I think Arah path 4 is harder only because of Simin(which literally requires a group of zerkers, unlike this dungeon which can be done with any group that knows how to play).

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Nethelli.4023

Nethelli.4023

It needs nerfed in so many ways if your going to add this to a rotation, it is way to hard risk vs reward and needs toned down in a lot of small ways.

Otherwise, people will do it once and never come back again.

People said this exact thing a year ago when they were first starting to get into explorable modes and were getting trounced because they didn’t know the mechanics.

My favorite part was when, rather than nerfing things, ANet fixed the exploits to force players to do dungeons the correct way, thus making the dungeon more challenging, not less.

Guildmaster of Nerd Herd [NERD] (Tarnished Coast)
Nethalia Frostmane [Ranger], Lyzanxia Unsu [Engineer]
Torg Darkmaw [Thief], Zekka The Architect [Elementalist]

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

maybe they should add a normal dungeon mode and a tribulation dungeon mode

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Verow.6904

Verow.6904

Today I completed my 3rd run of this dungeon, all runs were with pugs and I have to say that the diffuculty is perfect.
-1st (oozes kite). event its annoying it needs some rework.
-1st boss (norn and robot). Really great fight, hard enough to make you wipe once. I always kill this boss in the second try
-2nd boss (charr). This fight is pretty easy but it doesnt need to be challenging, you always need an easy boss in the dungeon to make you feel more relaxed after some tough fights.
-2nd event (electric floor). Wierd puzzle, nothing to say about it
-Last boss. 3 runs so for multiple wipes here with pugs. Its a bit hard but its the last boss

This dungeon path has its own unique weapon skins so it need to be hard.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Quam.7218

Quam.7218

Oh I love this dungeon, tried it 14 times with different pugs I just love it! Maybe on 24 or 76 try I’ll get it done ? I so much love to waste time to gain nothing.

I’m just sad It requires so much teamwork and “scpecific classes” with “anti-kitten-projectiles” to make the Ooze part faster.

TY ANet for another Guardian/Mesmer or GTFO dungeon.

“Play the way you want” – oh I had a laugh.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: FloXun.1456

FloXun.1456

Although I have not beaten the dungeon yet, I disagree that this dungeon needs to be nerfed.
The people who want to do easy dungeons already have enough dungeons to pick from.
One thing that needs to be changed however, is the loot.
From what I’ve heard, the loot is not to par to the amount of time you invest into the dungeon.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Oh I love this dungeon, tried it 14 times with different pugs I just love it! Maybe on 24 or 76 try I’ll get it done ? I so much love to waste time to gain nothing.

I’m just sad It requires so much teamwork and “scpecific classes” with “anti-kitten-projectiles” to make the Ooze part faster.

It really, truly doesn’t require specific classes.

Every class packs enough CC in a combination of weapon skills and utilities to get through.

Reflects aren’t the only way to fly. Knockback, stun, Daze (which is essentially stun for NPCs) and blind all effectively mitigate damage from the extremely long telegraphed attacks of the lava elementals.

At most you’ll need to swap out a eapon and a skill bar for this section, which is something Anet has specifically stated they want to encourage (Swapping utilities between encounters to suit the next encounter)

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Verow.6904

No its not
Necros and Elementalist are perfect for kite. Well of Darkness is propably the best way to protect the ooze and you have 2 aoe fear, Necro is simply amazing in kiting oozes. Eles focus 4(air) is amazing too and scepter 3(air) its great also with its low-cd-target-blind.
As for protection Necro has target pull and his dagger has target immobilaze and great single target dps. Thiefs are great for protection too they have dagger-pistol 3 which is amazing because of the no cd-target blind and high single target dps. Necros and thiefs are the best protection for the north side ooze.
I cant find anything good on rangers and I have no idea about engis.

I wish there was more events like this one that encourages groups to get more classes instead of “Guard/War/Mes zerker”

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

http://www.twitch.tv/ostricheggs/c/3030057

Take a look at this. Its a stream vod of 2 pvpers and their pug doing it for the first time, with 0 knowledge about strategies. Check their uber setup without mesmer or guardian. Go ahead and listen to their teams super hardcore skypecall and their discussions about strategies.

They hate doing PvE and purely do it for the backpackskin.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Quam.7218

It really, truly doesn’t require specific classes.

Every class packs enough CC in a combination of weapon skills and utilities to get through.

Reflects aren’t the only way to fly. Knockback, stun, Daze (which is essentially stun for NPCs) and blind all effectively mitigate damage from the extremely long telegraphed attacks of the lava elementals.

At most you’ll need to swap out a eapon and a skill bar for this section, which is something Anet has specifically stated they want to encourage (Swapping utilities between encounters to suit the next encounter)

I know it looks easy on paper – like every ecnounter in this game.

As a Thief I have many blinds (wich does not work btw, I keept lavas perma blinded but they still did damage to the ooze :O) stuns, daze, but it’s not enough.

And believe me I got all my class weapons and swap them very often before a fight, also utilities and even traits.

It requires a whole kitten team of good player, and good/skilled players/teams sell paths now, they don’t play with pugs becouse it’s not fun it’s a waste of time, so finding a good team is almost impossible. Tried 18 Pugs no luck.

“No noobs/experiented/plz know what to do” I join such tems – in hope mostly… dunno why. After 10 minutes on Oozes I asked the Guardian (3 signet) if he could put some anti projrctiles – no answer ignoring me, Engi killing the ooze with aoe. It’s just kitten annoying.

Just run another pugs, leader ragequit becouse 2 players ignore whatever he says – all got kicked.

Don’t get me wrong I like hard content with good players hard content is fun to play, with bad players it’s impossible to play and not fun, yet after a year the possibility to find a pug of 5 good players id 1/500 or even more…

(edited by Quam.7218)

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Quam.7218

http://www.twitch.tv/ostricheggs/c/3030057

Take a look at this. Its a stream vod of 2 pvpers and their pug doing it for the first time, with 0 knowledge about strategies. Check their uber setup without mesmer or guardian. Go ahead and listen to their teams super hardcore skypecall and their discussions about strategies.

They hate doing PvE and purely do it for the backpackskin.

No You don’t get me.

I know It CAN be made ok ? But most PUGs I join still WANT Guardians/Mesmer and no other classes get it ? I don’t want to play Guardian/Mesmer becouse I like my thief and this is the class I enjoy most. That’s why I put it in quotes.

It’s a PUG issue LF Guardian/Mesmer or GTFO – get it now ?

So as a Thief my chances to get to a party that could complete it under 2-3 hours or never is almost impossible – reroll ? Never.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I have yet to encounter a dungeon group that specifically asks for a certain profession, unless I’m running upper Fractals in which team composition somewhat matters. I main Necromancer and do dungeons all day. A lot of players have adopted the mantra that because Mesmers and Guardians bring the most utility, they are the most necessary. They are great to group with, don’t get me wrong, but in no way necessary for dungeons, new or old.

I run a condition Necromancer and at the very most all I have to do is switch traits/gear for some encounters. I know there are optimal builds but a very small portion of the player base running dungeons are proficient at running with full glass. The reason most pick-ups want Guardian or Mesmer is because naturally, no one trusts a random group to be efficient. It’s really that simple. At the very least, a Guardian/Mesmer in a pick-up will save a few minutes. At most, prevent a few downs.

You blame ANet for making a dungeon that, according to your post, calls for a specific profession, but in the same post you blame the players for doing the same. When it comes down to it, players will roll Guardian or Mesmer blindly just because there is a stigma but in reality, a bad Mesmer or Guardian is more of a liability than a good Engineer, Ranger, or Necromancer.

The more content introduced that uses mechanics rather than artificial difficulty through HP gates/one-shots the more people will realize how foolish it is to pass up a player that knows how to play well on an unpopular profession in favor of a staff Guardian.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Locuz.2651

No You don’t get me.

I know It CAN be made ok ? But most PUGs I join still WANT Guardians/Mesmer and no other classes get it ? I don’t want to play Guardian/Mesmer becouse I like my thief and this is the class I enjoy most. That’s why I put it in quotes.

I play an underdog class myself (engineer) and i never have that issue. Maybe its because i dont join a group that specifically asks for full zerker warriors or w/e. There are plenty of other groups to pick from. And in a worst case scenario you can start your own group with your own requirements.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

It needs nerfed in so many ways if your going to add this to a rotation, it is way to hard risk vs reward and needs toned down in a lot of small ways.

Otherwise, people will do it once and never come back again.

Except that it’s not to hard, there is a buff to the amount of empyreal fragments per path in ta, and you get achievement items from it. If you don’t want the challenge, don’t do it.

I swear the day Anet started making really hard content everyone zipped up their pants and got upset because they had to think without being slouched over…. Learn to enjoy challenges. I wiped to slick and the last boss several times (slick more so). You can’t expect to walk into any boss fight with any build and just win, you have to adjust. Which is why you can swap major trait as well as utility skills, weapons, etc. People getting bad groups or elitists are just having bad luck, and that has nothing to do with the content. It’s a dungeon, you should have a group of friends or guildies who you know are smart and friendly by now, pugs in any game are most likely going to upset you.

Also group composition means nothing, I did it with 1 guard, 1 Mesmer, my warrior, and 2 rangers. Walls help but there are other ways to secure the ooze part, and there are other means to recovery than 2-3 guards.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

(edited by NinjaEd.3946)

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Reggie.2481

Reggie.2481

I dont care if its to hard or not but after 6 pug tries covered over several days coz i didnt have much time and still getting no further then oozes it becomes boring very fast. It needs to much coordination for a simple inexperienced pug group to get past the oozes. So then your busy for 30 mins trying.Most give up by then coz they have no clue how to solve it so in that regard its a huge waste of time so far and demotivating to even bother again. Explaining tactics doesnt seem to help much either. Most come unprepaired traits wise etc.

Im sure its a fun and challenging dungeon and all but so far the experience sux. It seems very unlikely that those who say they beat it the first time did this with an average pug.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

If you can’t beat the oozes…it’s not…six tries? Dear lord.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Konrad.9587

Konrad.9587

The dungeon itself is ok, but the skill level of your average LFG tool PUG group is just terrible and definitely not sufficient for this path.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Locuz.2651

The dungeon itself is ok, but the skill level of your average LFG tool PUG group is just terrible and definitely not sufficient for this path.

And in most cases people expect instant succes. Quite a few LFG players will leave the first time they wipe. People are used to world of warcraft 5 man instances where:

- Knowing the tactics isnt really needed.
- Dieing or wiping is almost impossible unless you collectively stand in the fire for 10 secs straight.
- The instances/bossfights are doable by just two people (and in some cases solo).
- Quite a few players (semi) afk the entire place.
- There is 0 interaction/communication.
- 0 Sense of achievement.
- The instance/fights become unmemorable (due to the lack of challenge, teammechanics and lack of any need to know the tactics).

The sad thing is that wow instances used to be a lot more challenging. Untill the same type of guys we have here spammed the wow forums demanding nerfs. And eventho people begged Blizzard to reconsider, they listened to the whiners.

Result is what we see today in wow. People rush through the content with little no effort and get bored in record time. Which in my eyes is one of the biggest reasons why they lost millions of subs.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Quam.7218

I play an underdog class myself (engineer) and i never have that issue. Maybe its because i dont join a group that specifically asks for full zerker warriors or w/e. There are plenty of other groups to pick from. And in a worst case scenario you can start your own group with your own requirements.

Well lucky You.

Yes i heard that maybe… 2000 times ? “go find another group”, “don’t group zerker/others groups”, “start your own”, “eat your veggies” etc. But please I made almost 40-50 pug trys TODAY (that one day free on weekends) 15 on that where my own parties, put peaple just don’t listen to anything I tell themm they just ignore and after 5 min of failing they ragequit.

You really think I’ll be posting something like that after only 1-2 trys ? I know Dungeon Master isn’t worth the title now just like having 8k achie points/legendary makes You a good player but I made that title 3 months after the game released and I played over thousands of dungeons/fractals since that time but this one is just insane.

Becouse peaple don’t like to be ordered, they are too proud or something i just don’t know!

But um… yea I decided to roll a Warrior and join one of those “elitist” guild becouse I lost all hope after today… 8 hours of failing can break your spirit.

Cheers!

(edited by Quam.7218)

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

A buddy and I last night thought we would give this new path a shot for the first time, we are both GS/Staff AH might Guardians (food, dps set, tank set, vent, & Dulfy’s for prep).

We are guildless for the most part so we filled the three spots- Engineer, Ranger, & d/d Ele. It was fun as a whole, we wiped three times, and everyone for the most part was great. Finished it and got our back items.

Great path and lots of fun, til we got to the chests at the end….every one of them was one green item….Will I do this path again sometime? Sure, but not very soon. Yes it was fun, challenging, and rewarding due to the mechanics etc.. but I’am a gamer, I want a princess at the end of my path, a shiny, booty!! Big nadda was kinda lame.

But good work on the path

JQ Druid

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: jcgreig.3620

jcgreig.3620

I actually find the dungeon to be the perfect level of difficulty. The bosses require attention and coordination to take down, but if you have party members willing to devote those things to the run, everything goes quite smoothly. I have done it 8+ times, mostly with PUGS, and took the time to explain the mechanics of the fights to them. I think I only had one group /ragequit. It’s about teamwork and community, and its entirely doable. If everyone is concentrating during the ooze stage, you can easily do it without kiting the eles to one spot. It’s about teamwork and being aware of your surroundings, not pressing tab + 1. That being said, if you get in a group with people who don’t want to listen, nor work together with their group, then you have a problem. That, however, is not Anet’s fault. In my opinion, they have delivered a very fun and challenging dungeon path.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Kaellok.8143

Kaellok.8143

I though the dungeon was pretty tough. Lot’s of coordination (which isn’t bad) is required, but man, that final boss eats you for breakfast. Beat him on the first run, but could not do it a second time. Lots of glitches, like half the floor is electrocuted before the fight even starts, or he has 30 stacks and does his massive AoE as soon as you run in (don’t even have a chance to get out of the way. Definitely need to sort the bugs out for that fight. It was really fulfilling to finally beat him, but after an hour of getting my skull smashed in by the final boss, getting only greens and blues as a reward left a bad taste in my mouth. Spending 2 and a half hours on a dungeon and getting nothing notable in return kinda dampened my enthusiasm. At least I got a cool back skin though.

Overall, pretty fun dungeon, and as it becomes more familiar to people, I suspect it will be easier to complete, but I probably wouldn’t do it again for a while.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

Result is what we see today in wow. People rush through the content with little no effort and get bored in record time. Which in my eyes is one of the biggest reasons why they lost millions of subs.

I am sorry good Sir and I know this is a bit offtopic but I have to disagree. I dont have any hard evidence for this but neither do you and I think in such case only game’s developer gets enough feedback and metrics to know more. In case of WoW this being Blizzard. And while I dont play WoW anymore I kind of agree with what they say about loosing subs.

I know that the “omg game is too easy, that is why people quit!” notion is popular on forums community but I somehow believe that those people are in fact the vocal minority of players. Being an active forum poster with hundreds or thousands of posts increases chance that such person is more hardcore player rather than not. More hardcore players likes more elitist content. However those metrics which are available are crushing to argument of “people want hard content”. How many players engage in heroic raiding in WoW? 5 to 10% maybe. You can gather data from various statistics site. In EVE Online which is kind of known to be the hardcore and unforgiving MMO which robs you from everything at every step, 48% of active players never leave high-sec space which means they are carebears to the core. And by that I mean ultimate carebears. And that does not even counting people who do leave high-sec at some point but quickly get back and remain carebears. In a game which is built around concept of not being casual.

So again. Are you really that confident that WoW is loosing subs becouse they do more faceroll content? Or maybe that is just becouse, you know, the game is already 10 years old, looks rather bad and gets boring after all those years no matter how you like it? I enjoy GW2 much more from WoW and I play GW2. Becouse GW2 is newer, has more dynamic combat, better looks, some innovative elements etc. Do you really think that all people who play GW2 now and like it will be still playing it in 10 years from now? My guess is (yeah, I know that this is just an educated guess, but so be it) that if Blizzard would try to make WoW more hardcore, they would loose even more players compared to what they lost already.

(edited by Awe.1096)

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Locuz.2651

So again. Are you really that confident that WoW is loosing subs becouse they do more faceroll content?

Yes there is no doubt in my mind and it has absolutely nothing to do with being outdated. There are a few very obvious reasons:

- I have build up a huge network in wow. People discuss these kind of things non stop and ive witnessed entire guilds stopping due to this.
- I witnessed the entire downfall of wow step by step and predicted how nerfing content would cost them. And it did.
- There are multiple interviews with former wow devs who stated this (Mark Kern being one).
- The most important reason…..it makes sense. If you make something to easy it becomes unmemorable and less “epic” when you finish it. Its pretty much farm content from the very first moment you enter the instance. Look at the link i posted below for an example.

If your game gained its popularity during a period where they released challenging memorable content and started losing ground when they started steering away from it, its quite obvious …

So why did they try to casualize you ask? Well they saw they lost a lot of casual players on their journey to “endgame”. Rsearch show how only 30% of all players who start wow make it past level 10 for example. So they kept smoothing out the entire game and making it easier and easier to reduce those percentages. There are a lot of things they didnt overthink before doing that:

- A lot of the guys who wouldve quit early, whont last that much longer if you make things easier.
- By making things easier you lose people at the top who will find the game to shallow. This is normally the loyal crowd that will stick to a game, (if it stays true to its roots).
- You basicly rush people to the finishline. So people experience everything the game has to offer within a week. And then what?
- By making content too easy and too accesable you remove the need to be nice and socialize.

Think about it like this. Why would you logg in to an MMO? In most cases for two reasons. To socialize or to build up your character(s). If you remove the need for server communities and shorten the time it takes for you to be “done” with your character youre killing your own game pretty much.

And its not like in GW2 where you can jump in to lower level zones to complete them or do jumping puzzles or wvw or zoneevents or minigames or whatever. There are no 2 weekly updates….if youre done, youre done for the next 4-5 months.

http://manaflask.com/en/articles/from-fresh-90-to-downing-lei-shen-while-basically-doing-nothing

(edited by Locuz.2651)

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Jimbru.6014

Jimbru.6014

The Clockheart fight is a steaming pile of frustration at the end of a dungeon that is already too kitten long. It needs to lose at least one major mechanic, preferably those stupid spinning gears, to be an enjoyable challenge.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Anet – do not TOUCH / NERF this new path – it’s brilliant as it is!

Yes, all the bugs at the last boss are definitely brilliant [/sarcasm]
Seriously, this dugneon is the same as everything anet is trying to sell as “interesting” and “challenging” lately. Lot of good ideas, diluted with overuse of cheap shots, and all of that ruined by bad mechanics.

The Clockheart fight is a steaming pile of frustration at the end of a dungeon that is already too kitten long. It needs to lose at least one major mechanic, preferably those stupid spinning gears, to be an enjoyable challenge.

True. Also, the bugged generators need to go. This fight is frustrating enough even without the random teleports added on top of it.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: BrandonBandicoot.3968

BrandonBandicoot.3968

Once everyone knows what they’re doing it’s not so bad.

There’s just some bugs and things that need to be tweaked.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

Yes there is no doubt in my mind and it has absolutely nothing to do with being outdated. There are a few very obvious reasons:

[…]

Then you feel very confident about yourself. But I still dont buy your arguments. WoW was expanding rapidly in Vanilla and TBC becouse it was still new. Lots of players who never tried it were still ready to be picked up. Nowadays you could say that new generation could replace bored old timers but I have a feeling not many current 12 year olds would want to start playing an MMO from 2004. Some yes, but not that many as before. Decline of WoW started in Wrath (where it peaked), true. But Blizzard tried to reverse the curve and made start of Cataclysm a bit more kitten players. Result? The loosing trend became even steeper. At this point no matter what they will do, they will keep loosing subs to a certain point where only most loyal fans will stay. They can make the game hard, they can make the game easy, it will still keep loosing subs. Simply becouse its old. I know for one that is the reason why I decided to stop playing WoW (after spending like 9000 hours in it, being a raid leader in Vanilla and making many friends, my former guild still raids in WoW weekly). If you watch over the community, you will actually see two sides blaming contradicting things for WoW’s dropping subs. One side says they are loosing it becouse the game becomes to casual and to easy. Other side says they are loosing it becouse the game is to bothersome to play. IMO they are both wrong. People come and go all the time. But the main trend is settled from one and simple reason. Game is too old. At some point every game will decline and eventually die. New kids on the block will take over. This applies to everything in virtual and real life, our own mortality included.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

NinjaEd.3946

Not to undermine your WoW experience, I never played it. However when I brought my brother into this game, we talked a lot about past MMO’s we’ve played and what made us quit. For him, he quit because WoW updates were just the same thing over and over with a gear treadmill(he played very actively for over 5 or so years and had several characters with max gear. Think it was a warlock, warrior, and ranger? Idk the class names in there too well so bear with me). Bosses were rather easy, and ideas were stale. You can expect that from any game however, I mean was a die hard FFXI player, for pve atleast. After years and years though it got to the point where I wasn’t feeling rewarded, I was just trying to keep up with other players to have the “best in slot” and fighting bosses with 1 shot mechanics and overused strategies (tank sit…. WHM heal…. skill chain X…..yawn).

GW2 is still polishing what they started with, and this path, imo, is very suitable as proof of this. It isn’t zerker friendly, or mindless dps friendly. You have to actually have people pull off from said boss to distract a side objective, or not dps this guy, its tedious yet refreshing. As a dungeon path, that rewards I believe 2g (did it couple days ago) I say its well worth it. It could use better chest loot but the challenge is certainly there as well as the 2g +60 emphyreal fragments and skins and ap’s. My only wish is that they would increase the ooze’s health a bit as there are soo many ways for it to die between the fire and the pulsing immobilize between 2-3 elementals.

For those who are getting bad pug groups, you can’t blame a dungeon for that. When Tequatl was revamped there was a ton of people who just laid down defeated and would not wp, and still continue to do so. Kittens will be kittens, and you can’t avoid them no matter what you say in lfg. Some advice, add players who you see as “Good” or “smart” to your friends list OR, find a guild in map chat or forums that does dungeons (I found one awhile ago, named FARM. Very elitist group but I managed to get an invite, as long as you knew what you were doing they liked you). It’s easy to form a group with pugs, and fail. Its also quite easy to ask around and find a group who is good at working together and filling a role. You don’t need 3 zerker warriors and 2 zerker mesmers to do everything, its entirely doable with mixes of the 8 professions as long as they know how to build for the various dungeon parts (weapon/skill/armor/major trait swap).

(edited by NinjaEd.3946)

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: BaronSolace.6831

BaronSolace.6831

I Quit after so many failed attempts for really kittenty rewards, I probably wont be logging back into the game for a while too.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

I have just learned that from here on out if there is a dungeon designed with Aetherblades within it just stay away. I just spent 5 hours, at least 4-5 damaged sets of armor and didn’t even kill the freakin Clockheart. Terrible waste of time. I had, you know, wanted to see new story unfold, but unless you are willing to spend your life savings on armor repairs, you aren’t good enough to see it. So, I don’t know when they’ll get it through their thick heads that some of us love the stories they come out with, or at the very least just HAVE to keep up, and that a large portion of the players will never get to because of their Elite players only motto when designing new dungeons. Now I just wish that this hadn’t made it impossible for me to EVER get my dungeon master title. Thanks…

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

NinjaEd.3946

I have just learned that from here on out if there is a dungeon designed with Aetherblades within it just stay away. I just spent 5 hours, at least 4-5 damaged sets of armor and didn’t even kill the freakin Clockheart. Terrible waste of time. I had, you know, wanted to see new story unfold, but unless you are willing to spend your life savings on armor repairs, you aren’t good enough to see it. So, I don’t know when they’ll get it through their thick heads that some of us love the stories they come out with, or at the very least just HAVE to keep up, and that a large portion of the players will never get to because of their Elite players only motto when designing new dungeons. Now I just wish that this hadn’t made it impossible for me to EVER get my dungeon master title. Thanks…

You should probably look up a guide on this dungeon as well as some people who know it. I actually spent more time on Slick and Sparki than clockheart, he’s really quite slow. It also helps to ONLY ranged dps clockheart as well as sparki/Slick. Both have nasty melee and are harder to avoid skills if you’re 2 feet in front of them.

FYI a lot of people have dungeon master title. It’s really not all that special… just sayin.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

Just finished all the achievements for the dungeon last night. I have to say it was a blast. I enjoyed it well enough even if some mechanics were a bit annoying.

1. The dungeon on my opinion isn’t too difficult; it can be a challenge for sure (unless ur one of those elite “everything here is too easy” people. It definitely takes time to get used to it. I ran with my dedicated group of guildies, and let me tell you the first time round, I knew we did quite badly tht if it were pugs, ppl would have ragequitted. The last time we did it however 4/5 members have ran it a few times already and one was a first timer. The difference was quite visible as the first-timer got downed a lot, did things wrong etc.

2. Rewards. Well, sure dungeon rewards could aways be better. could always be more. I would support that. But the more and more grindy direction ANet likes to go now would seem tht its likely they will never really give the players too much. (unless a player gets a lucky RNG drop for some really rare thing like precursors, but thts another matter)

3. Mini Clockheart. I love this pest :p

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: darkdomino.9578

darkdomino.9578

This dungeon was extremely hard for me. In fact, my crew and I wiped so many times that we were almost about to quit. It ended up taking us something like 3 hours to do the whole thing.

Eventually though, we learned from our mistakes, changed our strategy and were able to complete the dungeon.

I don’t want the dungeon nerfed, but these people claiming that this dungeon is easy are not being honest with you guys. It’s simply not true… This dungeon requires an enormous amount of coordination, dps, and luck to pull off.

I reject this notion that the dungeon is easy. Categorically.

Fury of the Departed [Fury] – http://www.furyofthedeparted.net

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

maybe they should add a normal dungeon mode and a tribulation dungeon mode

Yeah, if only they had that implemented already. Maybe in the form of two separate modes? One could be rather easy to complete and tell a story, while the other might focus more on exploration and offer a higher difficulty mode for people who want harder content.

Well, we can dream, right?

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

Clockwork final boss is way too hard. Dodge gears fine, pull to hologram okay, but the instadown when you don’t drag/pull fast enough followed immediately by a spinning gear that gets you all the way dead is just too much. My group did eventually get it down but I can’t say it was fun.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Srsly you want a major mechanic to be removed? What is wrong with you guys.

The Clockheart fight is a really good fight, you just have to understand the mechanics of this fight. He throws his spinning gears if you are going to range him. Meele this half piece of Borg technology and you wouldn’t have to bother with his spinning gears. It is a really enjoyable fight.

@ Lalocat: The last fight isn’t too hard. There is enough time to kite the boss to the holograms and pull these walking bombs into the boss. The boss punishes the entire group if you screw up at this task and its easy to pull the holograms with crowd control to the boss. This is something more bosses should do, punishing entire groups if they fail at some tasks.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: RuneCrimson.7380

RuneCrimson.7380

Everything I read seems to show that people have to work together. And I won’t do it with people I do not know. Cause I like the loot and exp I get for my leveling. So I guess I was right to not do Dungeons even though I tried this one with my wife and got my butt kicked in like two seconds by the first two spiders case the content is for level 50 and above only.

{Knights of Revengence} [KoR-Lord]
“Nothing is true! Everything is Permitted!”

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Verow.6904

Everything I read seems to show that people have to work together. And I won’t do it with people I do not know. Cause I like the loot and exp I get for my leveling. So I guess I was right to not do Dungeons even though I tried this one with my wife and got my butt kicked in like two seconds by the first two spiders case the content is for level 50 and above only.

Story mode is for 50+ lvl character, explorable mode is for 55+ lvl characters. In this thread people are talking about the new explorable path which is for 80 lvl characters only. Dont bother with explorable dungeons while you level up your first characters, if you really wanna try some dungeons go for story mode dungeons.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Ode.9126

Ode.9126

The dungeon is pretty it easy, it tooks us 35min to do…. But the rewards for it could be better.

I’d like even harder dungeons with better rewards, they would be perfect for me and my guild ( HC players )

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

Difficulty of this dungeon is OK. Only elemental part is terrible. It is frustrating and buggy (every type of minion or pet kills ooze).
Seriously which dev came with idea of luring for players killable mob through way full of untauntable enemies?
I dont know how to say that more politely but that dev did worst job he could do.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

This path was supposed to be a follow up to the Scarlet story, so it should have been done in a way that everyone could see the story, but similar to the aetherbalde dungeon in LA, not everyone could see the story ending.
it seems that A-net feels that if they put a story into a dungeon people will have more incentive to play it. really? People who like the stories they would do lees then fighting and just see the cutscenes. This is the story not a routine of 12121122,
but hey, what can you expect from them if even the personal story ends up in a group dungeon.
This is a flawed concept.
People wouldn’t complain about any dungeon’s difficultly, if they would let everyone finish the story.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

You should probably look up a guide on this dungeon as well as some people who know it. I actually spent more time on Slick and Sparki than clockheart, he’s really quite slow. It also helps to ONLY ranged dps clockheart as well as sparki/Slick. Both have nasty melee and are harder to avoid skills if you’re 2 feet in front of them.

FYI a lot of people have dungeon master title. It’s really not all that special… just sayin.

We went in knowing we didn’t know what we were doing. We were okay with taking our time and learning the mechanics, and I have to say (now that I’ve calmed down a day later) that I do thoroughly enjoy about 90% of the dungeon. The boss fight between slick and sparki took us about 4 tries, but I enjoyed the mechanic, even though it was a bit hairy at the end with slick just blasting out the oil. I enjoyed the ooze part even. I think both of those battles had a good balance of mechanics and fighting. The Foreman was a pain when I’d get pushed into the middle of his waves and the gears on the ground, but we also finished him off on our second attempt. None of that was terribly difficult. I just don’t find the enjoyment in the Clockheart Fight. We went 4-5 rounds with him before two of the players quit and everything broke down (losing at least a gold’s worth of repairs and no reward). Destroying the generators was something we barely got just by luck. I think the problem for me is these last two fights just have too many mechanics involved for me, or at least our group, to keep up with it all. Not to mention it was incredibly annoying when we’d run past a dead generator and our camera would just go crazy… Overall I would say this dungeon is a step up from the Aetherblade retreat, but still, it is incredibly annoying to get so far through such a long dungeon without being able to kill the final boss at all.

And on the point of Dungeon Master. I don’t care about the freakin’ title. I an annoyed that I now cannot get the achievement points that come along with it. These last three living stories have either been stuff I’m uninterested in (SAB) or stuff I cannot complete (Teq and Aetherpath) so new release achievement points are seeming like less and less of a possibility. My personal opinion is that they should never have destroyed already existing content with no option to go back to how it was previously. I hadn’t run much of the explorable dungeons because of a lack of friends interested, and now I can’t know what the story of that path was. And no, just youtubing the run isn’t the same as playing it.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Andrey.4297

Andrey.4297

So again. Are you really that confident that WoW is loosing subs becouse they do more faceroll content?

- I have build up a huge network in wow. People discuss these kind of things non stop and ive witnessed entire guilds stopping due to this.
- I witnessed the entire downfall of wow step by step and predicted how nerfing content would cost them. And it did.
- There are multiple interviews with former wow devs who stated this (Mark Kern being one).
- The most important reason…..it makes sense. If you make something to easy it becomes unmemorable and less “epic” when you finish it. Its pretty much farm content from the very first moment you enter the instance. Look at the link i posted below for an example.

…….

Just would like to tell small remark compare this dungeon with old-school vanilla WOW dangerous. For my personal understanding we suppose to play mmoRPG game in WoW as well as in GW2 but there is a big difference in hard and challenging dungeons in vanilla WoW and this annoying TA path – while vanilla WoW dang. was challenging and required coordination, teamwork and strategy there were fun cause they are require more brain work and cooperation. Here that I see more and more shift to arcade style from ANet and my first impression id – WTF, I came here to play RPG even if it is MMO why I have to jump like a monkey or die from one-shot cause I have ping delay and can not push"V" in time of this electricity spark.
If I need to play arcade I will go to my Nintendo and play Mario. So, be fare and declare this game “MMO arcade with RPG element” and I will never buy this then cause I hate arcade games.
This type of challenges that I can see in this part it is not fun at all. It is just weird and annoying. After 30 minutes of smashing my had with those oozes in the pug I just would like to smash my PC to the wall. Taking care of traps in the vanilla BWL raid by rogue it is fun, UBRS last boss it is fun, old Schlo it is fun – this TA parth it is not fun at all.
Like one of the guy here said it would be better to ANet to concentrate on fixing existing dangerous that they will work like they were designed instead of allowing peoples skipping everything except of bosses by using backdoors and cheats then doing finger-breaking arcade like this.

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: KickButtMario.2758

KickButtMario.2758

No. The difficulty is fine. They need to fix the rewards for all dungeons in my opinion. 1g for every instance except ac with 1g50s as reward and arah p1/p2/p4 reward 3g when twilight arbor aetherblade path rewards 2g?? It seems all bullcrap to me. They don’t make the rewards feel consistent.

Oh and poop on the people who can’t beat it, today was my fourth time and my first time took me 2-3 hours, the second took me 2 hours, the third took me 50 minutes, and the fourth took me 70 minutes (new players there and there, and doing achievement).

It’s the same with all mechanics, you keep going at it and you will eventually get it. If I can do it, you can do it. If I can beat Liadri, you can beat her too.

(edited by KickButtMario.2758)

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

Dungeon is not too hard. First time through it was a bit but still cleared it with pugs. Whats hard is getting people to understand simple mechanics. Moving while stacked at the same time seems too difficult for most players.

Most difficult fight is Slick and Sparki mainly due to the bugs like having the Ooze just not sucking up oil.

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: AlecFair.1270

AlecFair.1270

Its not the dungeon in general that is hard its just pugs that are bad for content like this. Though this is a common problem for every mmo game. Because everyone doesnt want to coordinate, there are usually trolls in the pug group, some people have never been able to learn dungeon because they either get booted from group or leader of group rage quits, elitests in the group that want everything to go their way and having the “I dont want to carry people or teach dungeon to noobs” Mentality, as well as other common problems.

I have been having problems all week doing this dungeon because either guilds been lazy, get kicked out of pug that I am in, or whole group rage quits and stuck another 10 minutes trying to find a group that doesnt require me to be experienced. Farthest I get is to S&S we whipe 10 times and group falls apart. When I post a group I sit there waiting for 30 minutes to an hour because I have “want to learn” in the description. I am sorry for being honest but I think the hardest thing is this dungeon is finding a group to even remotely finish this especially if you are in a WvW only guild where everyone is wanting to farm their WvW ranks for the poorly planned league and the other three you are in are ghost towns all filled with people who whine about it being too hard.

I love content like this and hate the fact that other people are doing more to keep me from trying to enjoy it rather than the dungeons mechanics doing the job. Its also the “CONTENT IS TOO HARD” Mentality that kills the whole game in general.

Tarnished Coast – Got mah Toast on. :V
Tizzle Mindwrack – Crazy Asura Lore Keeper of [AARM]

(edited by AlecFair.1270)

Dungeon is way too hard.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Vyx.8607

Vyx.8607

Just wanted to add in my 2 cents, pug’d it 3 times with 3 different pugs. First time got to Clockheart, second time beat it but didn’t get the chests in time, third time beat it but one officer escaped (4th time’s the charm hopefully).

It is a hard dungeon, but it is definitely doable with a bit of patience and reworking tactics. I think it would have been a lot easier if those PuGs were on teamspeak or another voice program, but typing worked as well as working out a plan before charging the boss.

I quite enjoyed the challenge of this dungeon and I think it’s just about right. You need good teamwork to solve this thing, it’s nice not to just DPS faceroll a dungeon.

Henge of Denravi – Denravi Alliance [DA]
WvW Community: Forums, Videos, GvG – http://www.gw2wvw.net