dungeon only has one flaw:Elitists

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

by the gods every single party i go as soon some kid is downed he rage quits if not someone else requests a kick

or worse if someone asks somethign as simple as Who’s gonna tank the fire eles on the ooze part he gets kicked cuz to the others he’s a “noob”

really people what is wrong with you you want everything handed to you without putting effort nor learning nor letting others learn about the content?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Whenever I’m not playing with my guild I specify that I’m forming a party where anyone is welcome and especially new/inexperienced players (or new to that content anyway) and this is one of the reasons.

I strongly suspect it scares off the elitists, the ones who weren’t already put off by me playing a ranger anyway, and I’d much rather play with people who are learning the content than people who want to skip everything and kick anyone who dies or doesn’t meet their personal expectations because in my experience it’s a much more enjoyable experience.

(Besides I doubt I’d meet those elitists standards either and I have absolutely no intention of ever doing so.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

That’s why you gotta do it on the first day to know the concepts extremely well without getting kicked. Thankfully Dulfy put up a guide so we don’t have to spend 30 mins talking about the mechanics

I did this with a team less than optimal, ranger, 2 thieves, 2 mesmers. We owned, no problem whatsoever with dps. You just need communication, and it seems a lot of people don’t like to talk to their team mates about strategies and that’s the only reason I’d kick someone.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

in Twilight Assault

Danikat.8537

That definitely seems to be the big issue with this dungeon.

I mentioned in the ooze thread that the solution to that room was fairly simple once everyone shared the odd bits of the strategy they had figured out. It was the same with the final boss, we attempted it loads of times and kept failing, then we stopped and said ‘So other than dying what are we doing wrong?’. Everyone contributed ideas and tactics, and we got it on our next attempt.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

Please dont join groups that say “Experienced only”. I dont feel like taking an hour to get past the ooze part. You will be kicked. K thx.

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Jesseroo.8247

Jesseroo.8247

I don’t do dungeons much because I hate feeling bad if I’m not playing on other people’s level. I decided to do this path because it’s new for everyone. Did it pretty much as soon as it came out. Took us three hours in total, and I was fine with that (it’s new and we’re learning), but as soon as it was over two of the people were extremely belligerent about how long it took and calling names. There are some pretty disgusting people out there, but I guess that’s what happens when you pug…

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

Well i have my experinces with similar people too. Not exactly in this dungeon yet, but i will eventualy meet some in this dungeon for sure too.
Just today i had a little longer loading in fractals and someone started to count seconds to kick me…
Or month ago i was in party where leader kicked 3 people in row in single path and every time someone did somehing he doesnt wanted, some really small…not even mistake he always said ,,I have kicking fever"…And then at the end of dungeon he rudely behaved to one of us becouse he had build which that leader doesnt liked…
I play MMOs for six years but never met behaviour like this in any game. Really never.

(edited by daros.3407)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

by the gods every single party i go as soon some kid is downed he rage quits if not someone else requests a kick

or worse if someone asks somethign as simple as Who’s gonna tank the fire eles on the ooze part he gets kicked cuz to the others he’s a “noob”

really people what is wrong with you you want everything handed to you without putting effort nor learning nor letting others learn about the content?

Those aren’t elitists, those are spoiled children.
Learn the difference, it could save your dungeon raid.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

is there really a difference between the two?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

This is why I’m glad I adopted the policy of not worrying about things when folks apologize about something in game.
“Gotta go back and get this…sorry all” someone says
“Slight lag…sorry guys” a player types out

I’m here for giggles and such, take your time. I don’t like to play under a timed expectation.
I’m still getting treasure when the mobs die either way.

Now with that said I avoid “experienced players only” types of groups every time because they probably don’t want to play my way and I probably don’t want to play theirs.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

1. reason I love playing my support ranger… Elitists don’t come within 2000 feet of me =D.
They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: LastShot.4762

LastShot.4762

I find this title funny, this new path is actually anti-elitist, simply because majority of the path is unskippable, and have tons awkward mechanics to make zerker less efficient.

There is no “if you can’t run pass a room full of stun/knockdown/pull/cripple/root mobs, you are a noob” or “no zerker? gtfo”, people in a kicking frenzy are simply impatient.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

If you are sick of getting kicked, then go make your own party and say that it’s a casual run.

That way, if someone does decide to kick you, everyone gets kicked!

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Stinson.5972

Stinson.5972

I don’t know about elitism, but having beaten the path already I would be fairly hesitant to run with a full zerk group unless they were very, very good at it. (I was running zerk but my party was not.) There are a few parts where a high DPS group would speed things up but you’d be taking a risk.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

It’s time to find a nice guild Rezzet.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Please dont join groups that say “Experienced only”. I dont feel like taking an hour to get past the ooze part. You will be kicked. K thx.

Did you not even read the post?

Personally, I love when people advertise for “experienced only” because I know (no matter how experienced I am) that it’s not the kind of group I want to run with. Good job for representing the stereotype so well.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

The people who have done it get tired of constantly re-telling the mechanics of the dungeon.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Lightly.6843

Lightly.6843

1. reason I love playing my support ranger… Elitists don’t come within 2000 feet of me =D.

Haha! I love it! Are you sure it’s not 2500 feet though? What’s a few hundred more feet. :)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Personally, I love when people advertise for “experienced only” because I know (no matter how experienced I am) that it’s not the kind of group I want to run with. Good job for representing the stereotype so well.

So ‘experienced only’ groups are made up of players you’d never want to run with? Perhaps they actually consist of good players that help during others times, but for that particular run, they don’t have the time to explain mechanics and want to speed run stuff.

Is it fair that I label casual players to be inefficient, unknowledgeable and undisciplined?

Probably not, but hey I admit I do it anyway.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Greyfur.1082

Greyfur.1082

I don’t do dungeons much because I hate feeling bad if I’m not playing on other people’s level.

This is my issue also, I don’t like being the reason for failing or extending a run, even with guild-mates.

in Twilight Assault

Guhracie.3419

So ‘experienced only’ groups are made up of players you’d never want to run with? Perhaps they actually consist of good players that help during others times, but for that particular run, they don’t have the time to explain mechanics and want to speed run stuff.

Is it fair that I label casual players to be inefficient, unknowledgeable and undisciplined?

Probably not, but hey I admit I do it anyway.

Perhaps you missed the part where I said “it’s not the kind of group I want to run with” and not “it’s a group made up of horrible people who kick puppies and I block those people immediately.”

In my experience, groups looking for “experienced only” (particularly within the first three days that content is available) do not provide me with the type of group experience I find enjoyable. So I know immediately that it’s not a group I will join.

Nice to know your stance on this game’s target audience, by the way. You must love feeling superior 24/7. Gold star for you, I guess?

EDITS: To address a secondary statement, and to correct my grammar.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien

(edited by Guhracie.3419)

in Twilight Assault

LastShot.4762

I don’t get why is all that hate on “experienced only” party, those are not the “you get kick for one mistake” elitist party some of you think they are. In fact, most my first time runs are with these kind of parties, all they expect is not too many wipes.(and they generally have no problem if someone afk for a few min, as long as he/she notify the team beforehand.)

Running with “just for fun” crews normally end up getting wipe after wipe, or a lot of times people just gave up at certain boss/room.(some of these people will most likely come on forum and complain how hard the dungeon was, or never bother to try again)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: lolynot.1928

lolynot.1928

If you are sick of getting kicked, then go make your own party and say that it’s a casual run.

That way, if someone does decide to kick you, everyone gets kicked!

Haha! Great idea!

in Twilight Assault

Guhracie.3419

For your first time runs, you join experienced only parties? How does that make sense?

EDIT: Sorry, this is responding to LastShot, two posts above.

-Mike O’Brien

(edited by Guhracie.3419)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

I find this title funny, this new path is actually anti-elitist, simply because majority of the path is unskippable, and have tons awkward mechanics to make zerker less efficient.

There is no “if you can’t run pass a room full of stun/knockdown/pull/cripple/root mobs, you are a noob” or “no zerker? gtfo”, people in a kicking frenzy are simply impatient.

Problem is everyone starts as a noob with new content. If people are like this because after only 1 day after release it is kinda stupid. I think it would be better if they remove lfg so people don’t think their squad is expendable or kick squad out if you kick someone whole issue of selling dugions stems from people put effort in but get nothing out. Better yet fine of 50silver required to kick some one so it costs u something.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

the problem isnt me joining “Experienced Only” groups its Anyone join in groups if i saw an Experienced only group title on the lfg tool i’d avoid it altogether

and as i pointed out sometimes the quits or kicks arent even excused such as for asking who is gonna tank and who is gonna carry oozes

rjnemer.7816:

as for this guy i ask the same for your type if you wanna rush it make your own groups titled “speed run” or Experience only" or Pros only or No Noobs instead of joining anyone welcomed groups and then kicking the “less experienced”

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Lightly.6843

Lightly.6843

We need a more defined language to determine what your looking for in LFG.

How about:
1. We are Elitist: Don’t join unless you solo’d the new Tequatl
2. Experienced only: We’re slightly below 1 (but not by much)
3. Pretty experienced folks: We’re kinda cool and don’t mind a few wipes
4. New to explorer mode: You might want to bring some drinks
5. New to story mode: You definitely want to bring some drinks
6. We’ve been smoking pot all day: Wipes…who cares mon!

(edited by Lightly.6843)

in Twilight Assault

LastShot.4762

For your first time runs, you join experienced only parties? How does that make sense?

Simple, watch youtube vid once, know what to expect, don’t make too many mistakes(when I made one, just blame it on lag :P), and I pretty much blend right in.

“Experienced only” doesn’t mean “finish the run under x min” but “know what you doing”.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Lianna.6980

Lianna.6980

1st October I first saw in map chat: “LFM WARRIORS ONLY 6+k ACHIEVEMENTS, GEAR CHECK”. The beggining of the end is nigh.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Jesseroo.8247

Jesseroo.8247

You guys are missing the point entirely. No one is going into “experience only” groups and complaining. I joined a group as soon as the content was open and had this problem. It was ALL of our first time and yet I still got people cussing and dissing other people in the group.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: deadatspawn.6045

deadatspawn.6045

Well, I have never done a dungeon in Gw2. Hell, i’m still new to MMO. I really am learning as i go. I spent 4 hours last night and i couldn’t get past the final boss. By that time it was 2am and one of the people with us said that he would have a friend join if i had to go. Which i did leave.

I know it was my fault since i don’ t have experience with dungeons but it was new so i did it. The people i joined with were nice and it was their first run so they had no problems with me.

We were able to do the ooze right, We were able to kill Slick than Sparki ( that did take a few good tries) Each time we learned what worked better. Had a few hick-ups here and there but i was so tired by the time i got to clockheart that i was done.

Sad thing is i’m not sure if anyone is going to want to put up with my lack of skill going forward as many of you have been successful and are prob running it in a hour less now.

in Twilight Assault

Danikat.8537

1st October I first saw in map chat: “LFM WARRIORS ONLY 6+k ACHIEVEMENTS, GEAR CHECK”. The beggining of the end is nigh.

That doesn’t mean anything. I saw someone requiring gear checks for his group for the Mad Kings Dungeon last Halloween, and complaining that there was no actual gear check or way to make sure people were wearing what they pinged.

It didn’t catch on then and I doubt it will now either.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

PSA incoming…
b/c … THE MORE YOU KNOW……..

I have to back this up…

The real dungeon elitists…. IE: not most of you folks who focus on Living Story, but rather the Detail obsessed guys who were grouping together for completely unrewarding holes in the ground while everyone else here was out farming Champs and collecting baubles and playing Kite-people SprintKart… Are not impressed by this path and even commented before it was released that it was too easy/gimmicky.

See those are the real elitists. And while it’s against forum policy to name names here, one perusal of the Dungeon Subforum itself makes it clear who they are. …for better or worse… And on the plus side, they all (well all but one) seem to have a good sense of humor about this stuff. And….It’s that quality of stepping back for a minute, and reassessing the situation wth a healthy dose of snark that got them where they are today …. soloing every Legendary mob in the game … finishing a 3-gold path in 10 minutes that most PuGs will take 60 minutes on.

People who rage quit that fast and/or just insta-kick other PuGs for superficial reasons… aren’t elitists. They’re just inexperienced PuG’ers themselves trying to get better people to carry them. They give up easily b/c there’s no consequences in this game for doing so. They know they can just “party-hop” until they get lucky and get carried. ….Hell, most real elitists don’t PuG in the first place and that should have been the first clue right there. (instead they might Solo most of the dungeon themselves and then Sell the team slots, or invite friends for the last part)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

How about:

Can I add 3 and 6 together? Granted I don’t smoke but I do love Cheetos.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

How about:

And therein lies the problem. The grey area between “I AM A GOD” and casual is far to vague. I for one never join an “experienced only” group although it may contain a whole party of fun-loving fellows out to have a good time but all know their class well, hence experienced. If you join a “casual” only run you could be faced with total newbies that although meaning well are just terrible; btw i would prefer the latter to the elite jerks out there with the 6k+ AP requirement.

I usually make my own groups that just state “please know your class, fun run”, then I can rule out the elitist; lord knows they are not there for fun and only the $$ interest them. And asking players to know their class, will occasionally, lure in someone that isn’t very good, but if they are trying I’m fine with them.

If it is my first time I will try to join into a non “experienced only” pre-made group. Upon entering I will just ask if it is alright that I have never done this path before. Most times 90% they will say it is fine so long as I can follow directions.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Here’s the trouble. The reason I stay away from these maddening dungeons. I wish they would just stop putting them in the game. I wish there was some content for the rest of us to do that don’t want to put up with the idiots who love dungeons. As far as I’m concerned 5 man dungeons are the bane of the game.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

As far as I’m concerned 5 man dungeons are the bane of the game.

How is content that can be completely ignored and bypassed even able to be considered the “bane of the game”.
You can literally customize your experience to do them and that’s if you even choose to do them.
I can understand the champ farms being called out but the dungeons?

All dungeons allow is for there to be more difficult content that doesn’t interfere with the “I’m going to watch some MST3K while running around in my Staff Guard to farm events/champions” group.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Oxe.6142

Oxe.6142

Anet needs to implement restrictions to kicking people from parties now that LFG is up and running. The exact same abuse happened in WoW when Blizzard released their LFG tool back in Wrath. Kicks should be limited to necessity only. Not so that some troll can just kick anyone for no reason as many times as they please.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: bitterjo.1695

bitterjo.1695

- Asking for ‘above 6K ach pts’ won’t solve a thing. It could, however, mean that the play may understand his class better than a 500 ach pointer. No guarantees though. Bad players come with all number of ach pts.
- This dungeon has the most lfg, just look for one that says ‘new’ or ‘all welcome’.
- Matter of preference. After the 4th run, I joined an ‘experienced pls’ lfg and everything went without a hitch. Of course there were a couple of deaths max, but the party knew what they were doing.

- My main problem, however, were newbies who:
1. Said nothing about being new and messing things up.
2. Being new and asked us to explain. Fine. I was in a party with 4 newbies. 2 were following nicely and the other 2 blatantly told me ’I’m too lazy to read guide lulz.‘. Throughout the dungeon they kept hollering ’NOW WHAT??’ at us, expecting me to type out every detail of every step out for them. Do I really have to type ‘avoid red circles or things that look like they hurt’?! Oh, they also started boss fight while I was mid-typing instruction.
3. If you die, wp. Don’t lie there dead for 10 seconds screaming for a rez.

At the final boss, I told them to listen or I will leave the dungeon and nobody gets anything. They listened. Problem solved. I will not pug more than 2 again. The end.

(edited by bitterjo.1695)

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

Can we change the word ‘dungeon’ in the title to ‘the game’, or even ‘besides the game devs, MMOs’?

I can’t say I’ve tried this path yet, or will even bother due to various reasons, but the elitist attitude is something I commonly see in this game and have seen plenty of times elsewhere… and I hate it. On another MMO, I worked my way up to the elite of the elite as a healer. Then I had to make that difficult situation: do I use my raid locks to run this end game content with the elitist kittens who will give me a slightly faster run at the cost of making me feel sick; or do I join a random small guild/group of friends/pug and near enough carry them through it while teaching them the mechanics and helping them get the better gear so that they can compete with the elitists? Safe to say, there were a lot of players walking around in shiny new gear that would’ve otherwise been vendored.

If you’re such an amazing player, why do you need a group of amazing players to get through a run? Why not use your god-like skills to help those who need it? The feeling that you’ve actually helped someone is (or at least should) much greater than shaving a few minutes off a run.

Also, ilr, you’re definitely correct about a lot of the so-called ‘elitists’ being bad players wanting an easy ride… but the people you called ‘elitists’ are simply ‘elite’. They can often be, but don’t necessarily have to be, one in the same.

(edited by Chameleon Dude.1564)

in Twilight Assault

Guhracie.3419

Here’s the trouble. The reason I stay away from these maddening dungeons. I wish they would just stop putting them in the game. I wish there was some content for the rest of us to do that don’t want to put up with the idiots who love dungeons. As far as I’m concerned 5 man dungeons are the bane of the game.

(Emphasis added by me.)

You…. wish…. what?

You mean, like….. the whole, entire, rest of the game?

-Mike O’Brien

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

People need to understand what an elitist is before they can make any claims:
An Elitist is:
- The obnoxious spoiled child you knew from high school with rich parents and a personal swimming pool.
- Someone that thinks everyone else is below them and unworthy of their time.
- Convicted of their own narcissistic tendencies to the point of hyper stupidity, they may even be good at something, but that doesn’t make them likeable.

These people are the bane of mmo gaming in general, not just dungeons, they have absolutely nothing redeemable or positive to contribute in any way or form.

They expect everything to be either too easy or too difficult, the hardcore elitist is the “I am awesome and nobody else can ever hope to reach me” prat, while the casual elitist is the “I want everything on a silver platter” prick.

They must not be mistaken for either casual or hardcore, hardcore’s are pro gamers that have a degree of respect for those less skilled than themselves, so much so they offer help and guidance, build strategies and tips to help build players up.

Casuals are fun goers that don’t really want to be involved in heavy duty challenges (I’m looking at you queens gauntlet) but don’t necessarily think a challenge shouldn’t exist, they just want the option to play it easy or hard at whim.

How does that tie into this?

As the topic says, Elitists are a problem for dungeons, why? Because the casual elitist will never shut up about how nobody gives him freebies while the hardcore elitist will never shut up about how everyone is under geared and less skilled than he is with his 50 fingers of dexterity.

They “are” a bane to development and the founders of “Toxic” communities because they are the ones that will be downright unpleasant and should consequentially by A-net, be thoroughly ignored, since they are the minority nobody actually “likes” and even the “elitists” hate other elitists, making them the worst people in a community to listen to.

Solution:
This topic needs to be listened to, because it represents one of the biggest issues the community faces right now, toxic players that want to down score everyone else but rise themselves up to a point of epicosity.

Not everyone Anet, wants to be a 12% minority that get the end game, and likewise, not everyone wants the game to spoon fed you.

But it would be nice to have the choice to play a dungeon to a scale that allows newbies and the hardcore to have fun either way.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

wait … wut ?

You’re not talking about dungeons here are you?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

So… I take it you’re new to dungeons?

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

They need gold to make ascended…thus need to grind XX gold daily…

We can t play for fun since we have thousands gold to get before december to get proper equip. (i still need 10 ascended weapons just to equip 2 characters….)

After december all will start again with armors….

Don t think is an OT complaining…..unfortunately i noticed i was doing the same :| (more politely) and trust me i was one of those players that used to help everyone in every istance.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: broin.3856

broin.3856

So much…back pain ITT

I’d rather play with whiny elitists than with most GW2 ‘average’ players, at least they get the job done.And yes, if you don’t know what you’re doing and you don’t tell me that when you join, you’re getting kicked faster than you can scream NERF PLIX!111

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: SpeedFiend.4521

SpeedFiend.4521

So much…back pain ITT

I’d rather play with whiny elitists than with most GW2 ‘average’ players, at least they get the job done.And yes, if you don’t know what you’re doing and you don’t tell me that when you join, you’re getting kicked faster than you can scream NERF PLIX!111

I have to agree, and totally not because we run dungeons together every day. We’re already at the first boss and you went afk as soon as you entered the dungeon without saying a word? You’re out, someone who doesn’t do that stuff is in. You say nothing when the inevitable “So, uh, whos never done this before?” question pops even though you’ve, in fact, never done this before and it’s painfully obvious? And even then continue to ignore what the plan/strat/whatever you wanna call it and continue doing something that won’t work? I ain’t gettin any younger, and neither is the guy who actually will listen to advice who will replace you.

Let me steer this topic back to the dungeon at hand. What do you do when a certain ele in your party won’t stay near the door with everyone else at Slick&co? When they have no notion of how/what to kite? When they refuse to take the kitten ooze to the freaking oil patch while they have the ooze pheromone buff? When this has happened not once, but twice in a row and the person in question won’t stick to the plan and communicates with the rest of the part about as much as a piece of dining room furniture? Yeah, no, that doesn’t work for me.

It’s your first time? Well you don’t say? Mine too! And no, I didn’t watch the guide on youtube or what have you, because I actually enjoy going into a dungeon with absolutely no prior knowledge of what to do on day 1 and figuring it out. Not surprisingly, this is a somewhat iterative process. You try something, it blows up in your face, everyone dies. You take something away from that experience, improve your plan, and try again. You look at what skills your class can bring to the table, change your approach and refine your methods until that big dungeon boss’ cold dead corpse rests at your feet. Rinse and repeat with every encounter until you’ve smashed everything that dungeon has to throw at you.

You’re going to quit after 2 tries because lel guise this (n)hard(n+2)me? You won’t stick to the plan? You’ll actively prevent said plan from even standing a chance at working by either not paying attention to what it is (didn’t read lel) or by not caring to do anything more than do a couple dodge rolls (if even that in some cases) while DPSing (or not DPSing, as the case may be). Hate to break it to you, but this isn’t a charity run. Get with the program or out is the direction in which you may get the flamingo.

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

People need to understand what an elitist is before they can make any claims:
An Elitist is:
- The obnoxious spoiled child you knew from high school with rich parents and a personal swimming pool.
- Someone that thinks everyone else is below them and unworthy of their time.
- Convicted of their own narcissistic tendencies to the point of hyper stupidity, they may even be good at something, but that doesn’t make them likeable.

These people are the bane of mmo gaming in general, not just dungeons, they have absolutely nothing redeemable or positive to contribute in any way or form.

They expect everything to be either too easy or too difficult, the hardcore elitist is the “I am awesome and nobody else can ever hope to reach me” prat, while the casual elitist is the “I want everything on a silver platter” prick.

They must not be mistaken for either casual or hardcore, hardcore’s are pro gamers that have a degree of respect for those less skilled than themselves, so much so they offer help and guidance, build strategies and tips to help build players up.

Casuals are fun goers that don’t really want to be involved in heavy duty challenges (I’m looking at you queens gauntlet) but don’t necessarily think a challenge shouldn’t exist, they just want the option to play it easy or hard at whim.

How does that tie into this?

As the topic says, Elitists are a problem for dungeons, why? Because the casual elitist will never shut up about how nobody gives him freebies while the hardcore elitist will never shut up about how everyone is under geared and less skilled than he is with his 50 fingers of dexterity.

They “are” a bane to development and the founders of “Toxic” communities because they are the ones that will be downright unpleasant and should consequentially by A-net, be thoroughly ignored, since they are the minority nobody actually “likes” and even the “elitists” hate other elitists, making them the worst people in a community to listen to.

Solution:
This topic needs to be listened to, because it represents one of the biggest issues the community faces right now, toxic players that want to down score everyone else but rise themselves up to a point of epicosity.

Not everyone Anet, wants to be a 12% minority that get the end game, and likewise, not everyone wants the game to spoon fed you.

But it would be nice to have the choice to play a dungeon to a scale that allows newbies and the hardcore to have fun either way.

You have understood exactly nothing from the elitist term. Or have chosen to understand what you feel it is.
I am an elitist player – but let me explain to you what that is.

I DO NOT want everything handed to me on a silver platter. Nor do I want the content to be incredibly hard.
What makes me an elitist is the fact that I VALUE MY GAME TIME. That means that whenever I log into the game I want to achieve whatever goal i set for myself that particular day as quickly and painlessly as possible.

It’s not that I don’t have respect for other players – but in all honesty I have a right to choose who to play with.
No – if you’re casual or bad I won’t rant – I will tell you what to do to improve your play style and our run – you have a choice – if you choose not to do it I will choose not to play with you.
It’s not about being a scumbag or anything else. It is about the value of your own time and own resources.
Yes new players should learn – but it is not my job to teach them. Sometime I have the time to tell a newer or worse player what to do and where to be and sometimes I don’t.

Stop thinking elitists want free handouts – we don’t.
Stop thinking we’re here to insult other players that aren’t as good – we don’t.
It’s just that if you can’t play to a certain standard an " elitist " player will simply not want to play with you. Simple as that.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

OP thats not being “elitist” thats just being stupid

skilled players know why some 1 got downd and understand this.

just dont pug it if you cant cut it

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

in Twilight Assault

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

He ain’t got time for reading! He’s too busy being leet!