Endless Wintersday Tonics Thread

in Wintersday

Posted by: Dauni.8290

Dauni.8290

Well. Just put 4 Endless Tonics into the Forge.. Annd got.. Endless Toy Golem Tonic..
Srsly?

in Wintersday

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Word of advice: buy the mats now (if you need them) while they’re still cheap. The prices are going up now.

Yep, I anticipated that, which is why I bought a ton of them before I made this post

Sooo… How is this post still here then? Isn’t that a violation of code of conduct on forums? I’ve been infracted for 1/10th of what this infers.

It’s so cute when people share information like this with everyone and the masses cry out that they shouldn’t be able to benefit from it.

Whatever happened to ‘Knowledge is Power’???

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Wintersday

Posted by: LostMK.4089

LostMK.4089

4 endless single tonics into forge = endless golem

WHAT THE HELL ARENANET this cant be right

we should put 4 things that can only be obtained once and get ENDLESS TOYMAKERS not GOLEM

in Wintersday

Posted by: Garbadmur.6041

Garbadmur.6041

Can the endless golem tonic be put in the mystic forge?

Can you costume brawl as the golem?

(edited by Garbadmur.6041)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kyiv.9621

Kyiv.9621

Can you get the endless golem tonic anywhere else?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

we should put 4 things that can only be obtained once and get ENDLESS TOYMAKERS not GOLEM

Yeah, same here.

I put Soldier, Princess, Ventari and Gryphon.

And I got tomorrow’s toy…

They should fix this, I lost all my different tonics and got tomorrow’s toy….

in Wintersday

Posted by: Styxx.8501

Styxx.8501

This should have resulted in an equivilent Account Bound Toymaker’s tonic, not one of random tonic otherwise why even allow you to put them in?

Really kills my want to continue to play and support this game. RNG I get, but COMMON SENSE RNG, not the bs that this is. They even put in that you DON’T lose the frame until you get the toy tonic which builds confidence in putting all 4 into the forge in the first place.

(edited by Styxx.8501)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Dontfakeit.9865

Dontfakeit.9865

yay now i only have a golem tonic
why would they make this recipe at all its pointless

in Wintersday

Kyiv.9621

glad i waited to see someone else do it. Sorry the results were bad for you guys, I was hoping it would make an endless wintersday tonic. Oh well =\

in Wintersday

Posted by: janay.1457

janay.1457

actually someone really made it

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/150vj9/endless_tonics_become_the_princess_you_were_born/?sort=new

Jhuild: “Hey folks. I don’t normally post (so hi for the first time! haha), but I thought I’d mention that forging four endless holiday tonics DOES make the toymaker’s tonic. Just made mine!”

so its probably .. random?

in Wintersday

Farzo.8410

I combined 4 Endless Toy tonics, the Soldier, the Doll, the Gryphon and Ventari, and I got Endless Toy Golem Tonic, which is probably tomorrow’s toy in Rata Sum

I thought I would get an Endless Toy Tonic, which would contain all toys.

I’m sad it ended up like this, I didn’t know I could be able to get something that isn’t really in the game yet, the frame that is.

and I lost all the other frames as well, so I can’t even re-do this…

QUESTION: Will I be able to get the frames back? That’s all I want. Since then I’m able to get the other endless tonics back.

Putting up the video in the main post.

(edited by Farzo.8410)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Car.3805

Car.3805

…I think it’s random then. It gave an Endless Dolyak to someone else.

in Wintersday

Posted by: MethodicMockingbird.6520

MethodicMockingbird.6520

Um… doesn’t this make sense, in retrospect? Four slots, five minis, you get the Tonic of the mini you didn’t put in. Not that hard to put the pieces together.

in Wintersday

Styxx.8501

I didn’t know that there was a dolyak mini? As someone said they got that one.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Jhuild.4739

Jhuild.4739

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/150vj9/endless_tonics_become_the_princess_you_were_born/?sort=new

Jhuild: “Hey folks. I don’t normally post (so hi for the first time! haha), but I thought I’d mention that forging four endless holiday tonics DOES make the toymaker’s tonic. Just made mine!”

I can confirm that using four tonics DID make it for me. Sorry to hear that its not working for everyone.. really hoping this is some sort of bug.

Attachments:

in Wintersday

Farzo.8410

Um… doesn’t this make sense, in retrospect? Four slots, five minis, you get the Tonic of the mini you didn’t put in. Not that hard to put the pieces together.

Kind of, yes, but that toy does not exist in the game yet, since it’s tomorrow’s toy. I guess you could say it’s in the files though…

Still really sad, and boring, I can’t get the frames back.

in Wintersday

Styxx.8501

To me, logic dictates I sacrifice one of the two pets I can get this time around, to put the other 4 tonics in and get a combo tonic.

in Wintersday

Posted by: cinemapaula.8673

cinemapaula.8673

What form endless Dolyak gives? … Erm .. A dolyak?

=I Ok. Re-read my question. A REGULAR Dolyak, or, a Festive Dolyak. There IS a difference.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Galk the Bloody.4629

Galk the Bloody.4629

ya just tried 30 time to get the endless doll tonic, no luck. Waste of money. Said kitten it and bought 250 doll tonics for 80s.

in Wintersday

cinemapaula.8673

I wonder if Anet can confirm the Endless Toymaker is the intended result, or random? If its random, its pretty crappy seeing what most people invested to make them NOT TO MENTION those SAME people are likely shelling out cash to the Gemstore to BUY the minipets.
Any word on this? Is the Golem a mistake? If not, thats pretty low.

in Wintersday

Posted by: MethodicMockingbird.6520

MethodicMockingbird.6520

To me, logic dictates I sacrifice one of the two pets I can get this time around, to put the other 4 tonics in and get a combo tonic.

If you’re lucky. I wouldn’t be surprised if it gave you back one of the ones you put in.

in Wintersday

Kyiv.9621

I can confirm that using four tonics DID make it for me. Sorry to hear that its not working for everyone.. really hoping this is some sort of bug.

is it bound or can you sell it? Just wondering how this will affect the price of it on TP

in Wintersday

Styxx.8501

I wonder if Anet can confirm the Endless Toymaker is the intended result, or random? If its random, its pretty crappy seeing what most people invested to make them NOT TO MENTION those SAME people are likely shelling out cash to the Gemstore to BUY the minipets.

Yeah, I was going to buy the minipets but not anymore if this intended.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Jhuild.4739

Jhuild.4739

is it bound or can you sell it? Just wondering how this will affect the price of it on TP

Hah, I was actually just asked this one on Reddit, as well. The one that it created is actually not account bound.

EDIT: As JazzModian pointed out, prices are now actually rising at this point. We’ll see how long it stays like that, though.

(edited by Jhuild.4739)

in Wintersday

Kyiv.9621

Hah, I was actually just asked this one on Reddit, as well. The one that it created is actually not account bound. The prices are already a little lower (not by much).

thanks for the info, I already have one, just curious lol

in Wintersday

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

This is kind of how I feel on the matter. I would happily put four tonics in the forge for an Endless Toymaker but if it’s not a guaranteed thing I am NOT doing it. I’d be really kitten off if I got just one back.

I’d rather just keep my princess, ventari, griffon, and golem tonics (made the solider mini before I knew).

P.S. I am sooooo sorry for those who got shafted by this. Thank you for testing it, but I’m sorry you got the unpleasant end of the stick.

in Wintersday

cinemapaula.8673

I hope we see an answer – and I hope Anet understands that the people who put the supplies in to MAKE the EL tonics pretty much are guaranteed to purchase the minis, moreso than the person who Crafted them. So, to have this be ‘chance’ is in pretty bad form.
I could have used my supplies to craft minis, therefore spent LESS at the Gemstore. BUT, I used my frames on tonics, so I planned on PURCHASING all the minis.
^ Having the combo drop a Golem is kind of a slap in the face. The Dolyak was better even, for me particularly since I cant stand those Golems. Hated the Mox tonic in GW1, and this one does nothing for me either. =/ REALLY hoping to hear an official word on this one.

in Wintersday

Posted by: JazzModian.4891

JazzModian.4891

Prices of endless tonic have actually gone UP from this. I guess people were holding out to see if it could be made. Like someone else said, this is how the MF works, it’s a gamble. I don’t see why people think this isn’t intended as the resulting tonic can be traded, unlike the four you put in. Meaning that this is by design, since you can’t get these tonic any other way.
Also to the people saying it’s not fair that you get only one tonic back, what about the people who make 2 toys without knowing about the tonics. They not only have no way of making the tonics, but they also have no way of making the endless tonic since they can only make 3 of the 4 required tonics.

(edited by JazzModian.4891)

in Wintersday

Kyiv.9621

Prices of endless tonic have actually gone UP from this. I guess people were holding out to see if it could be made. Like someone else said, this is how the MF works, it’s a gamble. I don’t see why people think this isn’t intended as the resulting tonic can be traded, unlike the four you put in. Meaning that this is by design, since you can’t get these tonic any other way.

I agree, Anet would screw out a lot of people who buy and sell those endless tonics on the market by crashing it with a 100% sure return of one. Random is actually a good thing, take your chances and hope…….

in Wintersday

Farzo.8410

If you’re lucky. I wouldn’t be surprised if it gave you back one of the ones you put in.

I’m surprised I got the tomorrow’s toy tonic :P

Would be happier if I got my Soldier Tonic back at least.

(edited by Farzo.8410)

in Wintersday

Posted by: janay.1457

janay.1457

Can anyone tell me if Soldier can dance? (like princess)

in Wintersday

Styxx.8501

There is a history of allowing something (The Halloween “Gift” recipes and such) that had a expensive I believe the mats were 12g to craft the recipe a lot of which was from Miyani wine costs, become much cheaper by the end of the event. They allowed these gift recipes and such also drop from the halloween bags. Dropped primarily vendor bought pricetag down to a market value of 1-3g. They had no problems with that then, why expect different now.

Basing off of something starting expensive and becoming cheaper by end due to influx of said item, this makes perfect sense.

Craft 2 pets = no endless toymaker tonic
Craft 4 tonics = endless toymaker tonic

But maybe it’s my fault for going of past experience. My bad.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Tsubaki.2508

Tsubaki.2508

Can anyone tell me if Soldier can dance? (like princess)

soldier does dance and other emotes, he’s a male charr

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kaderin.7584

Kaderin.7584

I don’t agree with this policy at all, it’s only a gamble by using materials that CAN’T be acquired again for a long time for a one chance only to try and get the tonic, I very much would like to roll all 5 endless tonics into one for the sake of space, but this isn’t a way at all…

The mystic forge shouldn’t head towards a direction like this, one thing is to have players pay a few gold to throw in rares or exotics into the forge and end up losing out with a slight chance to get a precursor—at least the materials for such a attempt is recraftable.

With this tonic thing, players not only have to pay from their pockets for the minis if they still want them after making the tonic, we risk to lose the tonics in such a random way is not right in my book..

Of course I realize it’s a optional method and I definitely won’t take my chances on this, but I just feel that after the players efforts to get the 4 tonics, the option to let them combine and get the 1 for all potion should simply be there

in Wintersday

Styxx.8501

Imo, new recipe. Two Endless tonics + cogs + ? = Account bound toymaker tonic. Everyone (or most) is happy and the market for unbound ones remain intact.

in Wintersday

Farzo.8410

Recorded a video for funs :p

The result wasn’t fun though.

in Wintersday

Styxx.8501

I don’t agree with this policy at all, it’s only a gamble by using materials that CAN’T be acquired again for a long time for a one chance only to try and get the tonic, I very much would like to roll all 5 endless tonics into one for the sake of space, but this isn’t a way at all…

The mystic forge shouldn’t head towards a direction like this, one thing is to have players pay a few gold to throw in rares or exotics into the forge and end up losing out with a slight chance to get a precursor—at least the materials for such a attempt is recraftable.

With this tonic thing, players not only have to pay from their pockets for the minis if they still want them after making the tonic, we risk to lose the tonics in such a random way is not right in my book..

Of course I realize it’s a optional method and I definitely won’t take my chances on this, but I just feel that after the players efforts to get the 4 tonics, the option to let them combine and get the 1 for all potion should simply be there

Exactly. They should just add new recipe for 2 endless tonics + cogs + ? and it make an account bound combination tonic. Win Win. unbound market isnt flooded and we aren’t out both the minipets (sicne we used the frames) and the tonics.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kaderin.7584

Kaderin.7584

I definitely hope they add some sort of recipe to make the endless toy tonic, we did kind of pay around 7g per mini if we gave up the frame to make the tonic…..its like putting twilight and sunrise together to try and get eternity but you only get a CHANCE that the blade comes out, you might end up getting one or the other legendary back or not at all lol

in Wintersday

Posted by: boyd tp.5294

boyd tp.5294

i was really dissapointed i did this about an hour ago and ended up with the toy gollem tonic as well

in Wintersday

Farzo.8410

I definitely hope they add some sort of recipe to make the endless toy tonic, we did kind of pay around 7g per mini if we gave up the frame to make the tonic…..its like putting twilight and sunrise together to try and get eternity but you only get a CHANCE that the blade comes out, you might end up getting one or the other legendary back or not at all lol

I’m NOT going to buy the minipet from the gem store if it comes to that. If I can’t get the frame back in any way, and the only way is the gem store, I’m really, really disappointed…

in Wintersday

Posted by: boyd tp.5294

boyd tp.5294

just to get the tonics i had to buy 5g worth of glue and stuffing (600 of each)

in Wintersday

Posted by: JackBeShippin.4159

JackBeShippin.4159

This is an incredible slap in the face.

Id like to share my story here because hopefully arenanet will read this one day and realise my unhappyness.

During the halloween event I did not want to spend any real money so I did not get the mini-pets and regretted it ever since. Therefor I decided I would do whatever it takes to collect everything on wintersday I even put aside money beforehand and so on.

Wintersday comes and I spend 120$ on mystery wintersday boxes before I actually have enough to get the 3 mini pets and the baby quaggan.

I find out about the endless tonics and start crafting those, while buying the minipets from the gem store with real money, another 20$ gone, and all my frames and so on gone. But despite spending the money I feel really happy.

I see that they go together in the mystic forge the endless tonics, and read on forums that it might seem very possible you get an endless toymakers tonic from it.

So I get a little hasty throw em into the forge and boom, I get a robot endless tonic, account bound one even (unless im mistaken, its at least account bound now).

So now I have the one tonic I dont care for or want.
No endless tonics (exept for one I dont want)
-12gold +- buying materials to craft the endless tonics
-140$ (minipets + boxes)

And I have never been this unsatsfied and unhappy in guild wars 1 or 2 in my entire life.

If this was intended, im quitting guild wars completely. Its just that simple, Ive had enough.

The first slap in the face (for me) was when they changed minipets from buy a 3 set for a few gems (halloween) to get lucky with RNG in mystery boxes and end up with a bunch of hats etc that you cant trade/dont want. (maybe Its just because I was so unlucky and opened nearly 120 chests but still…)
and now this whole debacle with the tonics? It’s just the last straw for me.

(edited by JackBeShippin.4159)

in Wintersday

Farzo.8410

Exactly. They should just add new recipe for 2 endless tonics + cogs + ? and it make an account bound combination tonic. Win Win. unbound market isnt flooded and we aren’t out both the minipets (sicne we used the frames) and the tonics.

Since I gambled my 4 Endless Tonics away for a lame Endless Golem Toy Tonic, how will I get the frames back to build the Toymaker Tonic then :v?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Konrad.9587

Konrad.9587

Excuse my question… but what is the point of having an endless tonic, except vanity?

in Wintersday

Farzo.8410

Excuse my question… but what is the point of having an endless tonic, except vanity?

Fun? Vanity? Memory? Showing off? Costume battle?

in Wintersday

Styxx.8501

Since I gambled my 4 Endless Tonics away for a lame Endless Golem Toy Tonic, how will I get the frames back to build the Toymaker Tonic then :v?

The Golem one we have from the forge and then tomorrows golem frame to make a 2nd golem one

in Wintersday

JackBeShippin.4159

Crossposting here because I deam it relevant

This is an incredible slap in the face.

Id like to share my story here because hopefully arenanet will read this one day and realise my unhappyness.

During the halloween event I did not want to spend any real money so I did not get the mini-pets and regretted it ever since. Therefor I decided I would do whatever it takes to collect everything on wintersday I even put aside money beforehand and so on.

Wintersday comes and I spend more $ then id like to admit on mystery wintersday boxes before I actually have enough to get the 3 mini pets and the baby quaggan.

I find out about the endless tonics and start crafting those, while buying the minipets from the gem store with real money, another 20Euros gone, and all my frames and so on gone. But despite spending the money I feel really happy.

I see that they go together in the mystic forge the endless tonics, and read on forums that it might seem very possible you get an endless toymakers tonic from it.

So I get a little hasty throw em into the forge and boom, I get a robot endless tonic, account bound one even (unless im mistaken, its at least account bound now).

So now I have the one tonic I dont care for or want.

No endless tonics (exept for one I dont want)
-12gold buying materials to craft the endless tonics
more THEN -100euro (minipets + boxes)

And I have never been this unsatsfied and unhappy in guild wars 1 or 2 in my entire life.

If this was intended, im quitting guild wars completely. Its just that simple, Ive had enough.

The first slap in the face (for me) was when they changed minipets from buy a 3 set for a few gems (halloween) to get lucky with RNG in mystery boxes and end up with a bunch of hats etc that you cant trade/dont want. (maybe Its just because I was so unlucky and opened nearly 120 chests but still…)
and now this whole debacle with the tonics? It’s just the last straw for me.

(edited by JackBeShippin.4159)

in Wintersday

JackBeShippin.4159

in Wintersday

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

I got the Endless Plush Griffon Tonic on 2nd attempt today but the toy soldier am now on 6 attempts.
Plush griffon has melee attack (range 115), daze (r: 200) and fear (r: 1200) for costume brawl skills.

in Wintersday

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

…and read on forums that it might seem very possible you get an endless toymakers tonic from it. So I get a little hasty throw em into the forge and boom, I get a robot endless tonic…
-snip-
…and now this whole debacle with the tonics? It’s just the last straw for me.

My favorite part in there is where you admit to reading it from strangers on the internet, understand getting the toy-maker tonic is only a possibility, and own up to your own impatience…

And then blame ArenaNet that things didn’t go your way.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand