Endless Wintersday Tonics Thread

in Wintersday

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Wow I can’t believe some of the luck you guys are having.

I got my 4 endless tonics in 5 attempts – one of them took two attempts, the princess doll.

Maybe it’s being kind because of all the other terrible failures I’ve had in there?

Made my 5th one today after 4 attempts.

So 9 attempts for my 5 endless tonics.

Still can’t believe some are having such bad luck

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

in Wintersday

Posted by: Signet of Forums.4397

Signet of Forums.4397

I just did this and got the endless griffon on the fourth try.

Therefore we proceed to write a sig.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Car.3805

Car.3805

Good luck guys! Had to stop trying for the golem, could only see it ending badly. Wish combining the four would guarantee either the dolyak or the toymaker’s only though :/

in Wintersday

Posted by: Tierce.5370

Tierce.5370

Six tries to get the endless toy golem tonic. I’m a little scared to try for anything else after reading this thread, I was already debating about continuing after burning through a stack of glue and stuffing each. The toy golem was the only one that I really, really wanted though. It jumps and I can talk to NPCs while transformed in it! (EDIT: I mentioned that because I also tried a festive golem tonic, and that one doesn’t jump and I can’t talk to NPCs while transformed.)

(edited by Tierce.5370)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

Eleven attempts and all I got was an insight to why there are so many gambling related suicides each year.

in Wintersday

Posted by: EyE Dan.9756

EyE Dan.9756

Griffin – 8 Tries
Ventari – 2 Tries
Toy Soldier – 3 Tries
Golem – 33 Tries

Put all in the mystic forge and got endless princess tonic
Absolutely gutted, so much gold wasted as well

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lyenyo.2891

Lyenyo.2891

Griffin – 38 Tries
Ventari – 6 Tries
Toy Soldier – 5 Tries
Golem – 2 Tries
Princess Doll – 4 Tries

Will I drop these in the forge? hell no. What’s the point? at least with all 5 endless I can change into what I specifically want.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Garbadmur.6041

Garbadmur.6041

Griffon – 27 tries
Golem – 18 tries
Soldier – 1 try!

Just to add to the pile

in Wintersday

Posted by: Fallon.2347

Fallon.2347

Wow, that was a lot of reading. It would seem most of the community is upset about these tonics / forge.. etc with Wintersday.
A couple statements I noticed while reading several threads related to this
(no I am not quoting people and pointing fingers and who said what):

1. Endless tonics do not affect the market. .. Yes, they greatly affect the market in terms of stuffing and glue. Let us all think about this for a moment. Each account is allowed 5 runs for 100 cogs, 250 stuffing OR glue and the frame for that day.

2. Each player can currently make 3 toys with the cogs from dungeon, tixx reward and the mail we all received. (950 cogs in total)
Stuffing and Glue from dungeon runs: 5 runs, lets say they picked 3 stuffing and 2 glue. This means in order to make all three toys, the player will HAVE TO BUY 250 stuffing or glue.

Now we can take into account the fact that most people want the Endless Tonics. Unless there is some sort of new way of acquiring stuffing and glue.. these prices will only get worse.

Currently, this event is not set up for players to acquire all three toys and endless tonics with the stuffing and glue from the dungeon alone. Also, there is not a suitable means of one player to farm stuffing or glue (pretty sure no one has stated they received glue from a present or box from gemstore..?)

Wintersday Event was a lot of fun, but the limits put on us being able to get 1-5 Endless tonics.. and the three mini pets from the dungeon was heartbreaking.

Escape From L A [EfLA]
Guild Leader
Maguuma – Yak’s Bend

in Wintersday

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

success on fifth try (Toy Soldier)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Scorpion.3691

Scorpion.3691

Yea personally I don’t know why Anet just doesn’t make it so you get an endless tonic every try in the forge for that specific recipe instead of being a lucky rng thing that people can spend countless tries and still get nothing…been 12 tries for 1 for me so far and nothing yet……I mean they are account bound anyways so how does it hurt them… after all it IS supposed to Christmas isn’t it? And if people get the tonics then alot will still buy the mini-pets from the gem store so its a win-win for everyone…the players and Anet…Whats wrong with happy players for Christmas?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Vv W.7821

Vv W.7821

I got three of these relatively quickly, but I spent about 15 gold on getting the fourth… I’d keep trying but I would need more money.

Redundant Sasquatch – 80 Warrior – [aYe] – HoD

in Wintersday

Posted by: Shroom Mage.9410

Shroom Mage.9410

After 20 tries, I feel like I might as well just farm the gold for the Toymaker’s tonic instead. If I had been saving my gold towards that instead of on wads and drops, I’d probably already have it by now.

How about making the frame plus 20 or so tonics gives you the endless one? It’s really unfair as it is.

“Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don’t matter
and those who matter don’t mind.” -Dr. Seuss

in Wintersday

Posted by: BeardlessTitan.1074

BeardlessTitan.1074

stuck all 4 of the endless in the forge….got toy soldier instead

however….my next two tries on getting an endless got me the princess an griffon instantly :O…

in Wintersday

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

How about making the frame plus 20 or so tonics gives you the endless one? It’s really unfair as it is.

I hope they do something like that. I only want one endless tonic, but the cost is just too high to keep trying.

If there were a reliable way to gather stuffing/glue, I would just farm it. But I’ve never gotten any from presents.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Beeker.5817

Beeker.5817

I only want 2 of them, the Gryphon and the Princess Doll.

Tried for the Gryphon first, got it on the 3rd try.

Tried for the Princess about 20 times now and no luck yet and I may just stop here and count myself lucky.

EDIT – Decided I’d go 5 more tries. Got the Princess on the 3rd, so 23 tries in all for that one.

(edited by Beeker.5817)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Arekai.5698

Arekai.5698

Great, i wanted the princess one and tried it like 20 tries, nothing, nada. wasted like 3-4G for this bullkitten.

Also i don’t understand how some numbers in those threads can come up. Some need 50+ for 1, others less than 15 for ALL.

Is this RNG kitten account based? Something like, RNG rolls over your character at start and gives you a luck percentage of 1-100%?

Edit: Finally got it, on around the 30 try, stopped counting the exact number because it’s way too depressing.

So better be prepared to loose a lot of gold to the mystic toilet.

(edited by Arekai.5698)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

Great, i wanted the princess one and tried it like 20 tries, nothing, nada. wasted like 3-4G for this bullkitten.

Last time I checked it was like 4g per attempt. I will leave you to your own depressing math on how much you actually wasted.

[SFD] – Maguuma

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lacechan.6524

Lacechan.6524

It’s kind of funny how yesterday I spent ~8g on 10 attempts for the princess and got it on the 9th one. Today I spend 50 silver on 100 gifts and got the Toymaker. I think even adding up the cost of all the gifts I’ve bought from the Trading Post it still came up under 8g.

Random gonna random.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Colbear.6425

Colbear.6425

Last time I checked it was like 4g per attempt. I will leave you to your own depressing math on how much you actually wasted.

When did stuffing + glue hit 4 silver each?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

When did stuffing + glue hit 4 silver each?

I’m an idiot and got my recipes confused.

[SFD] – Maguuma

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kyosji.8961

Kyosji.8961

Used over 2000 glues and stuffing and have not gotten a single endless tonic. It’s now no longer worth my time.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Gehirn.8796

Gehirn.8796

Toy Soldier was hardest for me (might of been over ten tries). I was really lucky with the rest.

Keep trying all!

in Wintersday

Posted by: Iris.5918

Iris.5918

I just realised I could by the frames lol
Got the princess tonic after 4 tries^^

(edited by Iris.5918)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Malice.8439

Malice.8439