Jumping Puzzle Feedback [Merged]

in Wintersday

Posted by: Anka.3675

Anka.3675

The only thing that’s puzzling me, at this point, is the challenge-seekers who are soundly against difficulty levels because they don’t want people lacking their particular skill being able to enjoy part of the event.

Not really. I’m not against it. Just don’t see the point of it.

If you create easy/hard modes for example. People will still complain that hard mode is too hard and it’s unfair they cannot get the better reward because they cannot do it.

It’s an event puzzle. Why should rewards be any better for the hard mode, which people that are good at jumping puzzles do because it satisfies their demand for a challenge. Have a title, like “Wonderous Jumper” for the winter winderland puzzle or “Clockwork Master” for the Mad Kings Clocktower if you complete it in hard mode. Considering that titles are actually one of the few visible means of showing you actually did something, it ought to beat any reward that can be gained elsewhere.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

There are snowballs around the lobby area to keep you entertained as you wait for the next run, by the way. Use them.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

The only thing that’s puzzling me, at this point, is the challenge-seekers who are soundly against difficulty levels because they don’t want people lacking their particular skill being able to enjoy part of the event.

If you create easy/hard modes for example. People will still complain that hard mode is too hard and it’s unfair they cannot get the better reward because they cannot do it.

It’s an event puzzle. Why should rewards be any better for the hard mode, which people that are good at jumping puzzles do because it satisfies their demand for a challenge. Have a title, like “Wonderous Jumper” for the winter winderland puzzle or “Clockwork Master” for the Mad Kings Clocktower if you complete it in hard mode. Considering that titles are actually one of the few visible means of showing you actually did something, it ought to beat any reward that can be gained elsewhere.

And I guarantee people will still complain they can’t get the title.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Any aspect of fun is removed by other people being present and there being a time limit. Very disappointing this is just a frustrating mess.

The time limit they give you is actually quite generous. Out of the 200 runs farming this thing. Health draining away is a non issue.

If you’re having trouble with people jumping in your way, just hang back a little or if you’re good – over take them. This puzzle is very forgiving time wise compared to the clock tower.

Anet even made THREE. Yes. THREE starting paths so that the mob of people wouldn’t be so blobbed together to prevent seeing where you are going.

You have to give Anet credit where it is due.

As you can, people being in your way is a non issue as demonstrated in the video.

The Clocktower was even worse I agree, but the fact is (after watching your video) most people are not as good as jumping as you. I need to start immediately as 90% of the time I’m caught by the snowflakes beforehand and the two times ive made it to the presents the first row has fallen as I have jumped at it. For me the time limit is insanely tight I need to stop and plan jumps.

Adding the time limit and having us wait around for everyone else to win or fail was a stupid idea at the Helloween event and on a jumping puzzle like this (thats MUCH longer) it’s even more ridiculous. I can’t credit them for thinking any of the implementation of this puzzle was actually good. Because it isn’t.

I’m a good at jumping yes.

I’m how ever terrible at the bell choir mini game. I tried it and either I cannot get the timing right or lag is a factor. What do I do since I’m not good at some thing? I simply stop doing it and not wait until the next game starts. Didn’t get a reward. Won’t complain about it either since I haven’t earned it.

There’s plenty of events around. Pick one and stick to it. Mine is the jumping puzzle.

(edited by Azure Prower.8701)

in Wintersday

Posted by: dbgfeller.8120

dbgfeller.8120

Just read a bit in the forums and you gonna see, that players will flame about that too. Because they have only one hand. Becausr their eye-hand coordination is not so good. Or just because they are in holydays and have not much time to play. These are not examples, these are facts!

in Wintersday

Posted by: Melanie.1240

Melanie.1240

Gosh, this puzzle is so hard. I’ve been trying to finish it for hours now, I never made it past the presents yet. I like the puzzle, but I really hate the timer.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Anuka.5876

Anuka.5876

I totally agree with this. I find the jumping puzzles tricky. I dont expect a reward I just want to SEE the puzzle to the end and see all aspects of an event etc. An easy mode, medium mode, hard mode should (imho) be part of all aspects of the game. Simple.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Zionka.6897

Zionka.6897

I already gave feedback on this JP earlier in the thread, but I’d like to add I am against making JPs solo instances in future events, or at least make solo optional, not forced. The social aspect is a huge contributor to my enjoyment of these events. I wouldn’t even bother trying if I was all alone. I don’t care about rewards or achievements, I just like the challenge. It’s great when I can start feeling pals with the other people who are as bad as me, trying over and over for hours, heh. There really is nothing else in the game where this happens, so please don’t ruin that part of it.

Just had to throw that in since a small portion of people want solo.

~Jade Quarry Server~

in Wintersday

Posted by: Thaia.5146

Thaia.5146

Feedback? Remove Charrs and Norns from all puzzles!

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kilgorn.1463

Kilgorn.1463

After trying the clock tower way over a hundred times and getting nothing for it, only gave this one two tries and I’m not going to try again. I play games to have fun, I don’t find it fun to grind the same puzzle over and over again for hours, and still not make it through. But I’m glad that once again this is not required for getting the title.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Sabreene.8062

Sabreene.8062

I like the jumping puzzle, though I haven’t completed it yet and I’ve been trying for hours. I’ve actually reached the end four times, but twice I died on edge of the open present and twice I jumped into the present and got a flicker of the end screen but then was sent back to the jumping puzzle.

It would be nice if the wait time could be shortened, either by separating those that have finished it from those trying, or some other way. Also nice would be if knocking down people with snowballs could count towards some type of holiday achievement, so you could be working towards something during those minutes.

The setting is beautiful and I liked being able to watch people as they ran the course, so pluses on both of those!

in Wintersday

Posted by: talynld.8956

talynld.8956

Sry to sound mean but … The snowflakes melt? Never noticed that :/
Also, for ppl who are not used to crossing the snowflakes. You can train on Spekk’s Laboratory. It’s a JP in caledon forest. Time based, no waiting time. Same strategy of jumping you have to apply at the snowflakes. (The platforms are of the same size as well).

I’ve done the spekk’s one like million times already (introducing it to fellow guildies), and when I started the Wintersday JP, I already knew how to jump them with almost no breaks between snowflakes.

Thanks for the “practice” puzzle. I am going to try it.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Palleon.1657

Palleon.1657

jump puzzles are a freaking joke… they are the worse idea ever… soo not worth the effort trying to get past them… freaking anet..

Although most people apart from you love them. So, maybe you should try any other game, as GW2 is the only MMO to have this unique and fun content.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Fantasma Of Doom.2409

Fantasma Of Doom.2409

Once again a lovely jumping puzzle, a bit easier than the Clock tower.
It’s more forgiving, if I end up on an almost melted snowflake, I can just jump faster a couple of times and get away from it.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Akantia.9602

Akantia.9602

I’m struggling with this puzzle. I can’t even get past the snowflakes. In all fairness I get that people are like ermergerd great at the timed puzzles so are begging to make it harder. I for one would the snowflakes to not melt because that is a pain, I have been unable to even attempt the puzzle multiple times. Due to others on the same path starting before my loading screen is done.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Stridix.4260

Stridix.4260

This puzzle is good. Had very little trouble completing it (lowest health was at 393 and I was so slow and still got it) And I loved seeing ppl running the puzzle. But why is the snowman blocking the view at the end part so we can watch them all the way.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Nesky.1042

Nesky.1042

Too easy, thanks casuals.

in Wintersday

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

I’ve seen a few posts with peope saying they get caught out by the snowflakes disapearing at the start ether before they load, as they load ..or very soon after.

I would point out .. this is NOT a problem with the JP ..its a problem with YOUR computer being to slow. That is not somthing that Anet has any responsibility for.

I have plenty of time for the 1st jump ..infact i load in and have to wait about 3-5 seconds before the snow flakes first apear.

Trying to play a game on a non gaming computer and/or a very old computer (4+years old) and then complaining about things that are the result of loading times is silly. Thats like trying to play Crysis on a Amega ..or an Atari Consol ..or a 486/100 bassed PC then complaining that the game is at fault becouse it wont run -.-

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

in Wintersday

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

Come on Anet you made scaleable dungeons with fractals. It’s time you do the same with jumping puzzles that are not static but timed.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I liked the JP, but like others have said, it is way too easy.

I know, I know, there’s a lot of people who think the difficulty is just right. But what do they consider too easy or too hard? In my opinion it should be hard enough to take you a majority of the event time period to finally learn it and finish it. Not spend 20min trying it and then you beat it.

It took me days of attempts to finish the clock tower and I loved it. It made it actually feel like part of the holiday event. This, while Xmas themed and beautiful, took 5 tries to beat and now it’s an afterthought. 5 tries on day 1 of the event and I’m done with it, maybe some alts will run it, but for what? Reward was pretty underwhelming too.

No doubt the ones that love how much easier it is than clocktower have also beaten by now, but isn’t that TOO easy??? If you can beat it the first day you try it, isn’t that TOO easy? I guess maybe it’s just me.

I think if there was less wait time in between attempts(even though snowball duels are pretty awesome if you find the right people) then you could up the difficulty a bit.

Even I, who loves difficult things, would get tired of trying to learn something if I have to wait 1-2min in between each attempt. Clock tower seemed to have less of a wait, but that’s probably because it was a wicked hard JP. Hands down my favorite still.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Wintersday

Posted by: DareWreck.4107

DareWreck.4107

Any aspect of fun is removed by other people being present and there being a time limit. Very disappointing this is just a frustrating mess.

The time limit they give you is actually quite generous. Out of the 200 runs farming this thing. Health draining away is a non issue.

I respectively disagree with you about the time limit being generous. I like to be extra careful with my jumps to make sure I don’t mis-time them or go too far, so I need to take a brief pause every other jump or so to make sure I’m centered on my current platform (I realize that’s not a recommended technique by the experts here, but I’ve never gotten more than 12 snowflakes into this JP when I’m plowing ahead and jumping without abandon), and there’s just not enough time to take more than a couple pauses like that.

I really don’t mind the static JPs, but these specially-timed ones drive me insane. I’m going to try it a little bit more but then probably give it up because it’s just not worth the frustration. For those of you saying that this JP is incredibly easy, can I ask what control scheme you’re using to do it? Are you simply holding down the right-mouse button the entire time like someone suggested? How do you ensure that you angle your jumps perfectly each time? Thanks!

in Wintersday

Posted by: Tito.3270

Tito.3270

way too easy, only needed 5 trys to do it, first time because of a lag, 2nd and 3rd time because of a char blocking the view and the 4th time because i didn’t know that the presents on which you have to jump disapear, was hoping for at least mad-king puzzle difficulty.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Velocity.4950

Velocity.4950

i cant say im enjoying this, i get knock down when i try to jump at parts of the puzzle, i think its because of the snowfalkes layers, its annoying when i already suck at jumping puzzles

in Wintersday

Posted by: Calebrus.3802

Calebrus.3802

I haven’t read through the thread and I’m sure this has been stated multiple times.
This Jumping Puzzle was a joke. The Clocktower was epic, and I enjoyed the difficulty immensely. The more you did it the easier it got, and the farther along you got. Too many people cried about it being too difficult.
Now we get this.
I am extremely disappointed in this JP. I was looking forward to it as the highlight of my Wintersday Festival, planning on spending hours trying to get it right. In the back of my mind I kind of feared that it would be far too easy because of all the complaints from Halloween.
As it turns out my fears were warranted.

The threads that we see claiming that this JP is too hard are a complete joke.

in Wintersday

Posted by: CLICKS.5986

CLICKS.5986

COMPLETE FAIL!

I am ok with different difficulties as long as the rewards aren’t different. As a casual player I find the whole seasonal things all together frustrating. But as for the jumping puzzle goes. I suck at them as a Norn, I can do them ok on other classes but I can barely see and I don’t see why it should be timed. I absolutely hate it and just one more thing that makes it annoying and not even want to play the game during seasonal holidays if there is stuff I can’t even earn. I could do them if they weren’t timed but as of now I’m done with Guild Wars 2 during holidays.

in Wintersday

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

Honestly, the JP only took me a handful of tries before I had it completely mastered… I’ve been putting it on farm status all day yesterday so that I can get that damned unbreakable bell. I liked the Halloween one better, as it provided a very nice exotic reward. Could just be me though.

in Wintersday

Posted by: joneb.5679

joneb.5679

I enjoy many aspects of the game including jumping puzzles but this is the third such jumping puzzle since the Clocktower of Halloween and the stepping stones in the Lost Shores that I haven’t been able to do despite trying often.

To address those who for some reason think that platform gaming is a basic skill we should all have there is a vast variety of abilities in every individual in the world. You cant please everyone but I am an able bodied and relatively intelligent 40 (odd) year old player who has been playing computer and video games since Ping Pong and if I’m struggling I’m sure there are many people sadly and unfortunately even way below me in ability struggling so the balance hasn’t been struck well.

Also in reply to the people who say move on from that puzzle if you cant play it. I’m getting annoyed I can’t get to enjoy a challenge at my level which I’m pretty sure isn’t that low. I don’t want it to be made too easy for others just have an alternative lesser difficulty and if you feel the reward should fit then make it that less rewarding for those on easy difficulty.

The feeling that comes with being excluded to content even indirectly because of difficulty is to just ignore it and in the end if most challenges in special holiday events have such a high difficulty of challenge then I am going to stop feeling any reason to join in, try and be involved in those events just to fail again so ignoring Wintersday, Halloween etc for the most. Then this can become a downward spiral which adds a reason to others I may have to build up to me jumping ship to another MMO.

This isn’t just about me , though I’m sure many people will say it is , but I believe there are many casual players out there who never visit these forums that are also being put off by the difficulty. A hint to Anet if you want to make as many people as possible interested in your holiday events introduce levels of difficulty for a wider player base to enjoy.

Ps. Although these forums are well moderated there is still much ignorance, arrogance and offensive behavior and attitude that I do expect someone to insult me or my intelligence so I wont be visiting to read any replies to me. I’m just happy to be able to let my thoughts be known.

I use forums to give my opinions but I mostly avoid discussing over
them due to those less than polite individuals out there and their offensive attitude.

in Wintersday

Posted by: prothorin.5849

prothorin.5849

Where is the jumping puzzle?

in Wintersday

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

For those of you saying that this JP is incredibly easy, can I ask what control scheme you’re using to do it? Are you simply holding down the right-mouse button the entire time like someone suggested? How do you ensure that you angle your jumps perfectly each time? Thanks!

I personaly keep my right mouse button down the entire time You kind of have to, to be able to make those turns and any slight corrections.
I also use ‘a’ and ‘d’ whislt the right mouse button is down and whilst moving foward to straff mid air to correct my direction if needed.

Also make sure u have turned of double tap dodge so u dont accidently dodge and roll of into the abyss.

other than that just make sure ur getting a smooth frame rate so u dont have to worry about that.
having the camera looking down on ur character more instead of from behind will help with landing ur jumps. Not to much that u cant see whats coming ahead ..but not to little that u cant accuratly figure out distances.

Once u done that its all just basic platforming .. now granted like most MMO’s Gw2 isnt very accurate when it comes to your characters movements and interaction with the environment, nor is the hitboxes ..but its still easy.

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

in Wintersday

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

hold down the right mouse button permanently, (almost) never stop moving until you’re past the exploding presents and plan your next jump while mid-air.

in Wintersday

Posted by: CLICKS.5986

CLICKS.5986

I enjoy many aspects of the game including jumping puzzles but this is the third such jumping puzzle since the Clocktower of Halloween and the stepping stones in the Lost Shores that I haven’t been able to do despite trying often.

To address those who for some reason think that platform gaming is a basic skill we should all have there is a vast variety of abilities in every individual in the world. You cant please everyone but I am an able bodied and relatively intelligent 40 (odd) year old player who has been playing computer and video games since Ping Pong and if I’m struggling I’m sure there are many people sadly and unfortunately even way below me in ability struggling so the balance hasn’t been struck well.

Also in reply to the people who say move on from that puzzle if you cant play it. I’m getting annoyed I can’t get to enjoy a challenge at my level which I’m pretty sure isn’t that low. I don’t want it to be made too easy for others just have an alternative lesser difficulty and if you feel the reward should fit then make it that less rewarding for those on easy difficulty.

The feeling that comes with being excluded to content even indirectly because of difficulty is to just ignore it and in the end if most challenges in special holiday events have such a high difficulty of challenge then I am going to stop feeling any reason to join in, try and be involved in those events just to fail again so ignoring Wintersday, Halloween etc for the most. Then this can become a downward spiral which adds a reason to others I may have to build up to me jumping ship to another MMO.

This isn’t just about me , though I’m sure many people will say it is , but I believe there are many casual players out there who never visit these forums that are also being put off by the difficulty. A hint to Anet if you want to make as many people as possible interested in your holiday events introduce levels of difficulty for a wider player base to enjoy.

Ps. Although these forums are well moderated there is still much ignorance, arrogance and offensive behavior and attitude that I do expect someone to insult me or my intelligence so I wont be visiting to read any replies to me. I’m just happy to be able to let my thoughts be known.

This was well put. I already have next to nobody in RL to play this game with which is the main fun in an MMO. My friends just don’t enjoy the game which is fine to each their own but I just feel these types of events make me annoyed enough to play that much less. It may seem “dumb” or “immature” to some to stop playing a game for such reasons but for casual non-grinding people that don’t have time to dedicate 8+ hours a day into this game there isn’t much to look forward to as things such as legendaries are un-achievable and events require you to be on at certain times or days and the perma content throughout an event being too difficult it just is a bunch of small things that add to frustration until I finally just log out.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

Just thought we should start a feedback thread so we can tell ANet what we liked/didn’t like about the new jumping puzzle and suggestions for future jumping puzzles because I have seen multiple threads about this for very specific parts of them.

First off, I like the timed jumping puzzles.
It makes them more intense to get them right as fast as possible.
I also like constant freeze damage so you cant just take it nice and slow so you have to run it literally for your life.
I will say that it wasn’t as hard as the Mad King Clock Tower so ANet, MAKE THEM HARDER!!!!
Something I can complete in 5mins is not hard enough
Don’t listen to the people who say they are too hard. They are just not putting in the time or effort and solely want the rewards for it so they can get their weapon/armor skins.
For me, the challenge is a big part of the reward.

So in short from me, Harder Jumping Puzzle = Better Jumping Puzzle.

Yes, let’s start a thread about feedback, but then tell ANet to ignore those who don’t agree with you. Classic.

For someone who isn’t any kind of jumpmaster, this was literally impossible. God help you if you have any kind of lag/frame rate issues. I’ll try it some more and hope that there are slightly fewer people so maybe the lag/fps issue won’t be so big a deal.

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

in Wintersday

Posted by: elviril.5297

elviril.5297

It was too easy this time around as it didn’t require figuring it out at all. Maybe add an option with 3 difficulty levels and different rewards for each?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Saxon.1908

Saxon.1908

I agree the Clocktower was MUCH harder and therefore more fullfilling when I did complete it. But my mate is not so good at Jump puzzles and struggled with the Wintersday one.

Someone above suggested 3 tiers of difficulty. I think this is a great idea, it gives everyone to have that same feeling of satisfaction. Seems easy enough to do. For example the Easy version of this puzzle might have been to get to the exploding Toy box’s- while the mid one stays as it is now and a hard one either adds more jumps after that OR ramps the existing one up a bit more with higher damage and/or other elements like wind or moving platforms.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Sardeth Wynn.9548

Sardeth Wynn.9548

Well, another jumping puzzle I am unable to complete, slow load times so when I get in the first three snowflakes are gone (Happened 4 times so far), this should be a solo instance, but hey this is Anet they make games “They Want to Play” I am not angry I am just tired of feeling like I paid for a game just to be trolled by the Devs.

Do I have a plan?
Yes, keep hitting it till it stops breathing.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

This puzzle is almost relaxing.

Most of the platforms are quite large so you don’t really need to judge the jumps that well – still, we can’t have all of them being as evil as the clock tower.

I’d actually like to see more of this available year-round, the jumping puzzle versions of Fractals if you like. At the moment the only one I know of is Griffonrook Run.

in Wintersday

Posted by: DareWreck.4107

DareWreck.4107

Thanks @SolarNova and @Nemui – great tips. I’ll keep practicing a bit more before permanently giving up.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Northlander.4619

Northlander.4619

Personally I love it. It’s not as hard as the clocktower was but in some ways it’s more interesting as it has more going to it. I also like a lot the fact that if you are fast enough you can start second run before the next cycle starts.

I have (well had) close two two stacks of gifts from the jumping puzzle alone as I’m so very addicted to it.

More puzzles like this! For regular game too! Also I still want the dolphin racing minigame outside of fractals.

in Wintersday

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

Yeah, they’re way too hard, way too long, and they’re not worth doing. I usually just give up after the first few jumps. It’s garbage enough I gotta jump on crap to get vistas for map completion.

Cut the jumping stuff out, it’s frustrating and not fun at all. If I wanted Super Mario 64 gameplay, I would turn on my N64.

Elyl Jrend

in Wintersday

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

The waiting time is so annoying.

Alt-Tab for 2 seconds too long. Have fun waiting 2 minutes again.

Really poor design imo.

Why can’t we just have a personal instance? Jumping with others really doesn’t add anything to the game.

Elyl Jrend

in Wintersday

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

Yeah, they’re way too hard, way too long, and they’re not worth doing. I usually just give up after the first few jumps. It’s garbage enough I gotta jump on crap to get vistas for map completion.

Cut the jumping stuff out, it’s frustrating and not fun at all. If I wanted Super Mario 64 gameplay, I would turn on my N64.

I, and a lot of other players, love jumping puzzles. If you don’t like them, don’t do them. It’s that simple.

I liked the JP, but like others have said, it is way too easy.

I know, I know, there’s a lot of people who think the difficulty is just right. But what do they consider too easy or too hard? In my opinion it should be hard enough to take you a majority of the event time period to finally learn it and finish it. Not spend 20min trying it and then you beat it.

Since this is part of a limited event, I think it should be pretty easy so people can participate and have fun.

For JPs in the persistent world? Go all out on the difficulty, sure. I won’t like some of the puzzles, but other people will. So long as there’s something for everyone that’s fine in the persistent world. But for special events that specifically draw casuals back to the game, I think the activities / JPs should be easy enough for most people to do.

(edited by Gilosean.3805)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lister.5678

Lister.5678

First off I’m not complaining, I love that the jumping puzzles are staying apart of the events but kittenhis one was so easy I done it on my second attempt and only failed the first because I didn’t know where to go.

Anyone else feel this was definitely toned down? Especially compared to the Halloween one which was just amazing I thought and felt good finishing it, this one I had a very ‘meh’ feeling at the end.

Edit: Kitten!?!?! Why ANet why!

(edited by Lister.5678)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Eirikr.8047

Eirikr.8047

Nope, not too easy. I’ve spent about 3 hours on it, and the best I’ve managed is to be flattened by a giant snowball.

in Wintersday

Posted by: franks.1430

franks.1430

This was ok it could have been a little harder. the Halloween on was way to hard I never got it done after failing on it for around 8 hours I just gave up on that one.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Nope, not too easy. I’ve spent about 3 hours on it, and the best I’ve managed is to be flattened by a giant snowball.

Really? I got it on the second try. My first failure was only because I wasn’t sure what the easiest path to take on the presents was. Actually, the vast majority of people I’ve met/talked to in guild/friends list/map chat all completed it in no more than 10 tries. That said, when I went back to re-do it for fun, I noticed a very high increase in lag, which caused me to die twice. Still completed it easily, though.

Not saying that this is you, but some people just can’t do complicated jumping puzzles >.>

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Wintersday

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

I think its done to reflect you are not getting a Exotic outta the end chest, its made to be very repeatable as a means of farming presents…I also have to say that there are three paths starting on the snowflakes, so that breaks up the largest group that can participate in one instance, so you are not having the same issue that a lot of people complained about in the Clock Tower of not being able to see the path at all for other jumpers.

And to that I wish there was a Exotic that came from it, maybe a Candy Cane weapon skin that was not part of the presents or gem store.

(edited by Gummy.4278)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

Far too easy, in fact I find it easier than most of the original jumping puzzles and that’s saying a lot.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

in Wintersday

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

OP is kitteno-ling, fa la la la la, la la la la

edit: srsly? forums filter out t-r-o-l-l in a game that has them as NPCs?

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

in Wintersday

Posted by: applekwisp.2139

applekwisp.2139

this puzzle is ridiculously easy and people are still complaining. i fear for future content if things get any easier. mad king should be the baseline for difficulty and quality

in Wintersday

Posted by: Nevermore.5487

Nevermore.5487

Huge disappointment. After brilliant halloween event and spending almost 4 hours with clocktower, joking with huge amount of people between the runs, I get this one time puzzle a 5 year old could do. Not challenging a bit, did it in 15 mins total. Failed few times only because I didn’t know where to go. The whole event so far was a let down and everything is so easy like it’s made for plants. I’m not having quarter the fun I had with halloween event. I played those almost full time, while I join for this one to do achievements and go back to regular content. I play a little pvp and the music minigame because those are the only fun things and that’s it. Now that whiners got their no brain easy event, I really hope the next event will be for people above 80iq and will require some basic motor skills.