Warriors, thoughts?

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Warriors being the only class able to solo the hardest and end game dungeon in the game (excluding fractals which isnt hard at all), tried to find other videos of other classes soloing Arah, but i couldnt.

PS: Dont move it to warrior section, this involves all classes in general.

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: domxnik.1453

domxnik.1453

Well, that’s warriors for you. I can’t think of one game that I’ve played were warrior seemed to be able to do these kinds of things.

Anvixy- 80 Ranger

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

hharry.1967

Seems like a design pattern of every game, make warriors op.

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Conquest.7629

Conquest.7629

warriors will most likely be buffed in the next update too

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: raiden.9024

raiden.9024

@dom WoW and Rift warriors were/are top dogs (with 1 button macros in rift)

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

Nerf em, nerf em good, thieves need a buff though.

(/sarcasm)

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Energumenus.5319

Energumenus.5319

Big health, Big armor, BIG damage

Stellar class balancing on Arenanet’s part. Warriors and Guardians are the king’s of PvE. Gw2lfg.com is full of “LF WARRIORS/GUARDIANS ONLY” do dungeons with any other class and you’re gimping yourself. It will stay that way too thanks to the lack of trinity. Why play a squishy class and do damage when you can play a durable class and do more.

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

hharry.1967

Its funny cause as a D/D ele i have no health, no armor, and i have to go melee and struggle with attunement switching to do barely some damage while warriors stand there press 1 button bam 25k

Dont get me wrong, they are pretty balanced in PvP since you can avoid their damage, but in Pve where mobs are kitten is another story.

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Warriors may be able to press 1 but by the six, they are as boring as watching paint dry.
Deleted my warrior and made an engi- yay!
Great decision- no really

Gunnar’s Hold

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

It always funny to see people complain about Warrior survivability. Their damage is excellent in PvE because of raw numbers but when every enemy hits like a truck big numbers won’t save you. Unfortunately PvE is so easy that you don’t really need survivability/utility/cc, just raw damage.

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

Warriors may be able to press 1 but by the six, they are as boring as watching paint dry.

I dunno, warriors have great weapon diversity. Try playing a thief… now that is watching paint dry.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Those videos are just disgusting. Lupicus slowly but surely destroys my guardian if I get focused. Being able to dodge out of his snot bubble of death without popping stability or invulnerability? Might as well be hax. If I get bubbled more than twice in a row, I may as well give up and die, because there’s no way I’m getting out.

Not to mention, he killed lupicus faster than my last group.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

hharry.1967

No hacks, warriors are just that OP, their single target damage is above the skies and yet they want to nerf AoE and increase single target, seriously, aoe doesnt even come close to 50% of those 25k 100blades.

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Warriors do so much more damage than every other class. It’s really stupid.

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

Thats why 5 warriors best dungeon party ever.

I took an arrow to the knee

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Turgut.4397

Turgut.4397

People saying warriors are OP in every game. Please play GW1. The amount of anti-melee in that game is mind blowing. For years and years, I’ve suffered at the hands Empathy spamming Mesmers, Parasite spamming Necros, Blind spamming Eles (note: Blind lasted for a duration, and was literally spammable, with a longer duration than it’s cooldown), cripple spamming Rangers etc. Every single class, even the kitten warrior had countless anti-melee skills.

What’s the anti-melee in this game? A short blind which is removed after 1 attack, and perhaps immobilize.. THANK…. GOD….

I see warriors here in GW2 being rewarded for all the years of pain and suffering at the hands of our oppressors!

Edit: And how on earth did I forget the huge number of Block skills? Unless I sacrificed skill/adrenaline to get just one attack through, the other guy punching his 1-8 keys would be having a jolly old time smashing me to pieces regardless of my armor.

Still waiting for the things I love about GW1.

(edited by Turgut.4397)

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Cousland.2187

Cousland.2187

Seriously I couldn’t help but noticed that there’s alot of hatred towards Warriors in this topic.

LOLOLOLOL 25k HB ANYONE!?! WARZ ARE SO OP!! /sarcasm

You’d have to sacrifice alot of survivability in order to pull off that amount of damage and from my experience inside dungeons, glass cannons tend to be quite a burden on the team.

So instead of complaining about Warriors, demanding ArenaNet to nerf them… why not look for alternatives because I know for a fact that condition builds needs some loving. Like removing the 25 debuff/buff cap in PvE for starters would be nice. Win/win for everyone in my opinion.

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

People saying warriors are OP in every game. Please play GW1. The amount of anti-melee in that game is mind blowing. For years and years, I’ve suffered at the hands Empathy spamming Mesmers, Parasite spamming Necros, Blind spamming Eles (note: Blind lasted for a duration, and was literally spammable, with a longer duration than it’s cooldown), cripple spamming Rangers etc. Every single class, even the kitten warrior had countless anti-melee skills.

What’s the anti-melee in this game? A short blind which is removed after 1 attack, and perhaps immobilize.. THANK…. GOD….

I see warriors here in GW2 being rewarded for all the years of pain and suffering at the hands of our oppressors!

Edit: And how on earth did I forget the huge number of Block skills? Unless I sacrificed skill/adrenaline to get just one attack through, the other guy punching his 1-8 keys would be having a jolly old time smashing me to pieces regardless of my armor.

Good one. Despite all of the anti-melee abilities in GW1, Warriors were still a staple PvP class that often had 2 reserved slots in a given GvG team because they were the best pressure class in the game.

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: joe.9815

joe.9815

in need of a major nerf

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Turgut.4397

Turgut.4397

Good one. Despite all of the anti-melee abilities in GW1, Warriors were still a staple PvP class that often had 2 reserved slots in a given GvG team because they were the best pressure class in the game.

Outside of GvG, and HA, where things are not so organized, and the healers aren’t too amazing, it’s a different story. If someone were foolish enough to enter PvP without some form of anti-melee/IMS they’d get destroyed. But since almost everyone carried some form of anti-melee/block, Warriors became useful only for absorbing damage and body blocking to become a nuisance.

Still waiting for the things I love about GW1.

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Thats why 5 warriors best dungeon party ever.

Yep, stand shoulder to shoulder and shout like you mean it!

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Sentinel VX.1392

Sentinel VX.1392

Warrior is the most well around class with high survivability if played in the right way.

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

You guys calling for nerfs are rather clueless.

The poster of that video clearly shows he’s nearly a full glass build. The reason he could do what he does is because he knows how to dodge. He even said in the video he could do it with his mesmer.

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

hharry.1967

Seriously I couldn’t help but noticed that there’s alot of hatred towards Warriors in this topic.

You’d have to sacrifice alot of survivability in order to pull off that amount of damage and from my experience inside dungeons, glass cannons tend to be quite a burden on the team.

So instead of complaining about Warriors, demanding ArenaNet to nerf them… why not look for alternatives because I know for a fact that condition builds needs some loving. Like removing the 25 debuff/buff cap in PvE for starters would be nice. Win/win for everyone in my opinion.

Oh look, full glass cannon build i must die from 1 hit easily. Right, right after clearing a whole dungeon alone. And not any dungeon, its Arah we are talking about, i dont see mesmer/thief/eles which are claimed op as well doing the same. Please find me 1 video of an ele clearing Arah alone and i will delete this topic.

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

If an ele sacrifices their surivivability, they get 1/2 the damage from their highest cooldowns, have half the HP, and take multiple times more damage.

One of these things is not like the other.

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Those videos are just disgusting. Lupicus slowly but surely destroys my guardian if I get focused. Being able to dodge out of his snot bubble of death without popping stability or invulnerability? Might as well be hax. If I get bubbled more than twice in a row, I may as well give up and die, because there’s no way I’m getting out.

It’s a bug which will be fixed. It will be extremely hard (if not impossible) after fix.
Game shouldn’t be balanced around bugs, instead bugs should get fixed.
And if you all guys are ranged and spend half of your time kiting with all kind of defensive stuff half people wiping all the time, it surely takes long.

No hacks, warriors are just that OP, their single target damage is above the skies and yet they want to nerf AoE and increase single target, seriously, aoe doesnt even come close to 50% of those 25k 100blades.

Do you realize melee attacks aren’t usually single target? This is exactly why public opinion is not used for balance.

Warriors do so much more damage than every other class. It’s really stupid.

I agree, it’s a PvE issue. Melee (especially Hundred Blades) is extremely powerful in PvE because enemies don’t try to avoid it.

Oh look, full glass cannon build i must die from 1 hit easily. Right, right after clearing a whole dungeon alone. And not any dungeon, its Arah we are talking about, i dont see mesmer/thief/eles which are claimed op as well doing the same. Please find me 1 video of an ele clearing Arah alone and i will delete this topic.

Much better complain on forums instead of trying it yourself? Do it on Warrior, then we can talk.

If an ele sacrifices their surivivability, they get 1/2 the damage from their highest cooldowns, have half the HP, and take multiple times more damage.

One of these things is not like the other.

This clearly shows your ability to understand the game.

(edited by Moderator)

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

Warriors are weak in PVP, expect nothing but buffs coming.
the issue with them in PvE is that the AI and design of encounters is flawed.

Mobs do not avoid big bursts of damage or any kind of AoE, the only two that come to mind remotely are Dredge Bombers and Flame Legion Rangers, most people probably wont notice.

this means chanelled abilities like Hundred Blades are able to dish out extreme amounts of damage because the mobs do nothing to avoid it like a player would in pvp.

Boon Removal is useless, there isnt a single boss fight where you can take good advantage of this feature for proffesions like Necro/Mesmer.
the 3 bosses that come to mind for Boons that can be removed are
CoE Golem
Ginva the Butcher
Flaming Effigy

all 3 bosses share the exact same mechanic, the boon is applied from an outside source, be it a totem/turret or crystal, boon removal is useless because the boon you remove is reapplied almost instantly, infact it makes much more sense to bring raw damage to destroy said outside source to remove the boons from the boss, bad design.

Poison is mostly wasted, 4 bosses have noteworthy healing in this game
Subject Alpha
Lupus/GL
Flaming Effigy
the infamous Simin

Lupus steals health on many skills but poison is never something you really consider because such skills can be avoided rather easily.
Flaming Effigy was nerfed long ago, his healing is nowhere near the level it used to be.
Simin is famous around these parts for her ability to heal, both her and Subject Alpha are 2 fights i would definately consider bringing poison for, neither are needed but they certainly are a good contribution to the fight.

the problem isnt warriors, the problem is there is no reason to bring anything but Raw damage to a fight so everything dies quicker, for those of you who played the Beta Weekends you may remember that enemies actively avoided AoE abilities, something was changed since then and this is the aftermath.

take a look at WoW, each class has a defined roll and it may or may not change depending on the fight but bringing atleast one of every proffesion is almost always going to go in your favour, no such thing in this game, why would i ever bring an Engineer to anything (yes i have one at 80).

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

the infamous Simin

Simin is famous around these parts for her ability to heal, both her and Subject Alpha are 2 fights i would definately consider bringing poison for, neither are needed but they certainly are a good contribution to the fight

Poison is useless there, unless you just mean another way to deal damage. She cures all her condition when going into stealth mode.

On the topic, you can solo path 2 with elementalist or guardian, I can get to Alphard but I’ve never tried continuing after Lupi. You just have to step up your game and start thinking about anything else than just “warriors do more damage”. Different proffesions were designed around different mechanics.

Once they fix reckless dodge, warriors are gonna complain that they can’t solo him anymore while other proffesions (ele, guardian for sure) still will be able to do it. Not to mention that you should die with 4th bubble on guardian (glass cannon), you have many tools to get out.

(edited by haviz.1340)

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Tru Reptile.6058

Tru Reptile.6058

Warriors are good in PvE, and from what I hear, average in WvW and pretty poor in PvP. Warriors survive with high armor and health, but that means absolutely dick when fighting mobs with insane damage. Damage avoidance/mitigation is far more important, and Warriors don’t come close to Thieves or Guardians in that department. Still think Warriors are OP now?

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Warriors are good in PvE, and from what I hear, average in WvW and pretty poor in PvP. Warriors survive with high armor and health, but that means absolutely dick when fighting mobs with insane damage. Damage avoidance/mitigation is far more important, and Warriors don’t come close to Thieves or Guardians in that department. Still think Warriors are OP now?

People dont realize it takes a Huge amount of skill to even be able to pull something like this off,people now start to think that Warriors need to be nerfed,because everyone can do this…well guess again though.Its just a good player,and tbh even if i could do this,i wouldnt bother,why would i waste so much time when i can breeze through with a full party.

edit:typo

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

I don’t think warriors should be nerfed. But that boss’s should be buffed.

1 person shouldn’t be able to solo content that IS SUPPOSED to take a full group. Not saying buff the boss’s hp or make it one hit but add mechanics that require your group to work together in various ways.

For instance a undodgable shout that immobilizes 1 player, and if the team doesn’t break the immobilize in time that person gets downed from the attack that follows.

For the most part GW2 pve content is stupidly easy.

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Thoughts? Warriors are fine for the most part.

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

People dont realize it takes a Huge amount of skill to even be able to pull something like this off,people now start to think that Warriors needto be nerfed,because everyone can do this…well guess again though.Its just a good player,and tbh even if i could do this,i wouldnt bother,why would i waste so many time when i can breeze through with a full party.

So you can make all the QQers on the forums cry when they see the video of you soloing it, of course.

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

leave warriors as they are. They’re currently the only really well developed class.

How about buffing all classes to equal footing so it doesn’t feel like warriors get put in the limelight all the time?

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Enmity.3428

Enmity.3428

I play a Warrior – lvl80, full Exotic/Ascended, glass-cannon, all the best gear/weapons, food-buffs, etc., with similar (if not the same) skills/traits as Strife… and I can’t come anywhere close to doing what he does in that video. Nowhere near it.

Now, I regard myself as a good player and I know the class inside-out. So from my perspective, that video shows nothing more than an exceptionally skilled player, and not necessarily an overpowered class. I have little doubt that Strife would be an equally formidable Thief/Mesmer/Guardian, etc.

It’s important to accept that some players are quite simply better at these type of games than others. I believe there are a number of players who cannot or will not accept this fact. Superior skill and ability will always be definitive and players like Strife (and Wethospu) are clearly not your “average” players. Saying all Warriors need to be nerfed based on what players like these guys can do with the class is plainly idiotic.

True, Warriors at the moment are probably the most well-rounded class, but they’re not the “God-class” that others perceive them to be. The trick is to make other classes as equally well-rounded; to put all classes on a comparable level, not to batter the Warrior class down to a lower level.

As an aside, I also have a lvl80 Thief, and in WvW, PvE and PvP, I die far, far more as a Warrior than I do as a Thief.

(edited by Enmity.3428)

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

this game was balanced around warrior in pvp. this means that all classes got buffed until warrior himself became useless. buff is in order, who cares about pve?

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

Why you trollin’?

I’m about to delete my engineer and roll a warrior if engineers get another nerf next patch and warriors get another buff as expected.

It’s not as much fun as you think to have all these cool engi toys and kits when none of them come close to what other classes can do without juggling 4 kits for all their good abilities.

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

if they reduce a warriors damage to that of a guardian they need to increase their survivability to be on par with a guardian, then we have to classes filling the same role, whats the point

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Thereon.3495

Thereon.3495

Warriors are a balanced class overall and saying they need to be nerfed due to a single highly skilled player solo’ing hard dungeon content is wrong. As with all classes they could use a tweak as there are far to many warriors using a GS and for good reason. I myself run a rifle/axe+shield build and can assure you my damage is on par with many other party members due to the fact that I run a shouts heal build and use Knights armour.

If we’re talking about dungeons here then warriors are no more OP than any other class. General PvE we are strong but ive never heard someone say ‘im going to farm Orr with my warrior now’. Either way, classes arent balanced based on the exploits of the highest skilled player and im glad thats the case otherwise they would nerf warriors into the ground after watching that video! Chances are, however, theyll look into why he was able to solo Arah and make changes there.

Thereon Avenrise – former [Noes] Officer – Piken Square (EU)
Retired and living in a shack. Relaxing!

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

I wish people complaining here would read this topic, all of it.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

How about buff the other classes to match Warrior, sick of nerfs..

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

How about buff the other classes to match Warrior, sick of nerfs..

+1

Nerfing wont get this game far nor be balanced….

People complained about D/D ele and now we are getting yet another one of our builds nerfed (Reason to go d/d build is arena net nerfed all other builds that ele had because we were supposedly op …warriors get buffed……)

What i am saying is, nerfing wont do anyone good.

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Why you trollin’?

I’m about to delete my engineer and roll a warrior if engineers get another nerf next patch and warriors get another buff as expected.

It’s not as much fun as you think to have all these cool engi toys and kits when none of them come close to what other classes can do without juggling 4 kits for all their good abilities.

I really wasn’t trolling- I did delete my warrior for and engi and I love how engi plays.
I am not bothered by class nerfs because my main is a mesmer, so for me it is all about whether I find the class mechanic fun.
I hated warrior and guardian, they are powerful but really boring to me.
I love ele, engi and mesmer though
OT I do not think warriors are that OP and it is always a bad idea to nerf a class that works well for what it is. A much better idea would be to develop the other classes so that each plays in a well rounded unique manner.

Gunnar’s Hold

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

hharry.1967

The difference is so abysmal, no class cant even come close in full glass cannon spec (thieves may come a bit close but not even). So either increase everyone’s damage, or increase everyone’s (but warriors) survivability to compensate for the abysmal damage difference, or just reduce warrior’s damage (which would cause a lot of QQ so this isnt an option).

Warriors, thoughts?

in Community Creations

hharry.1967

Well guess the discusion is over since this was moved no one ever reads this section nice way to hide stuff =/