[[Unofficial GvG Scene Thread]]

in In-game Events

Posted by: Icipher.4320

Icipher.4320

i just realized that outside of the GvG community, people have no idea what it is about or how we go about it. It makes me wonder if Anet even knows…. also, Agg spamming a twitch feed now makes all of GvG look bad, thanks….

That wasn’t just Agg. I saw a lot of guild references in there, including quite a few, uh, well known EU guilds.

I saw this as well.. Though I would not be so quick to point out who was involved since I saw to me unknown twitch accounts write in our (Scnd) name. May I add that I dislike this kind of behavior I bet that there is a better way to fight the ignoring by Anet. Anyway I’m off to sleep it was a bad choice to stay up to watch this q&a..

Zye – Elementalist
Second Law [Scnd]

in In-game Events

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

i just realized that outside of the GvG community, people have no idea what it is about or how we go about it. It makes me wonder if Anet even knows…. also, Agg spamming a twitch feed now makes all of GvG look bad, thanks….

That wasn’t just Agg. I saw a lot of guild references in there, including quite a few, uh, well known EU guilds.

I saw this as well.. Though I would not be so quick to point out who was involved since I saw to me unknown twitch accounts write in our (Scnd) name. May I add that I dislike this kind of behavior I bet that there is a better way to fight the ignoring by Anet. Anyway I’m off to sleep it was a bad choice to stay up to watch this q&a..

Haha, I definitely wasn’t intending to name names. I was actually sort-of complimenting EU since they usually rise above such antics… xD

in In-game Events

Hickeroar.9734

this is perfect opportunity for all gvg oriented guilds to choose a tier. maybe the last 6 server of EU and play on those servers.

this would be nice, but i dont think many NA guilds will follow suit

I gotta tell you, I’d be heartily on board with it. GvG (and WvW guild-group fight chasing) are literally all that’s keeping me logging in anymore. This league system is just another nail in the coffin for me, because everyone is going to be permanently silo’d away from other guilds. It’s essentially taking the divide between NA and EU and dividing it again, so GvG communities will be even more separated.

Example: Imagine DB landing in one ladder (or whatever you call the separations) while TC lands in another. Those guilds would NEVER be able to fight each other. And by never….I mean never.

I’ll put it this way, and I think people should pay close attention:
If we don’t do this, the entire GvG scene stands a real chance of falling completely apart, or completely stagnating. Rating will mean absolutely nothing because we will have not just TWO, but FIVE separated zones of servers.

EDIT: Is it 2 tiers of 12 servers, or 4 tiers of 6 servers for NA? I thought he said the former, but someone told me it was the latter.

(edited by Hickeroar.9734)

in In-game Events

Posted by: Pryda.8257

Pryda.8257

lol @ ArenaNet promoting sPvP streamers and not a single WvW one.

Red Guard [RG]

in In-game Events

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

Hickeroar:
Dunno about NA, but EU guilds quite easily transfer servers for the sake of fights, the new league system actually is better than the current matchup because there are a limited amount of servers, and you’re guaranteed to see them all.

in In-game Events

Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar:
Dunno about NA, but EU guilds quite easily transfer servers for the sake of fights, the new league system actually is better than the current matchup because there are a limited amount of servers, and you’re guaranteed to see them all.

AFAIK you’re only guaranteed to see all the other servers in your TIER. You won’t fight the other servers outside your tier at all if I understand correctly (correct me if I’m wrong).

If I understood correctly, and if all the GvG guilds transferred to the same TIER, that would be amazing. Constant fights, constant GvGs.

Transferring on the NA side seems to be a much bigger deal for guilds. I think the only guild that regularly moves around is Agg.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

The league thing is for seven weeks only. Then it goes back to regular WvW.

As for password protected private GvG stuff, I understand the desire to keep out griefers, but part of my reward to myself for doing 12 hour days in WvW is being able to watch some of these matches live. The community at these events adds to the appeal. Would hate to lose that.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in In-game Events

Hickeroar.9734

The league thing is for seven weeks only. Then it goes back to regular WvW.

As for password protected private GvG stuff, I understand the desire to keep out griefers, but part of my reward to myself for doing 12 hour days in WvW is being able to watch some of these matches live. The community at these events adds to the appeal. Would hate to lose that.

I’m sure guilds can find at least one person to stream. Twitch has the chat room thingy too.

in In-game Events

Jayne.9251

I’d rather see it live.

in In-game Events

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

I’d rather see it live.

why ? i mean sure you only see it from that persons point of view, but it means less lag for thos doin the GVG. Since there wont be 50 ppl standing there watching, you also wont need to deal with ppl there to mess it up

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in In-game Events

Jayne.9251

For the reasons stated above hon

Let me put it another way: it’s the difference from watching a sports game on tv vs being in the stadium.

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in In-game Events

Genev.2450

Hickeroar:

AFAIK you’re only guaranteed to see all the other servers in your TIER. You won’t fight the other servers outside your tier at all if I understand correctly (correct me if I’m wrong).

If I understood correctly, and if all the GvG guilds transferred to the same TIER, that would be amazing. Constant fights, constant GvGs.

Transferring on the NA side seems to be a much bigger deal for guilds. I think the only guild that regularly moves around is Agg.

The way I understood it is that you were guaranteed to see every server in your league
But yeah, we had a Tier in EU WvW before the new matchup which was basically a concentration of all the openfield/GvG guilds, there were some amazing fights happening there

in In-game Events

Hickeroar.9734

I’d rather see it live.

Yeah, I would too. :/ It’d still be better than the interference we have to deal with at lots of GvGs.

in In-game Events

Jayne.9251

I’d rather see it live.

Yeah, I would too. :/ It’d still be better than the interference we have to deal with at lots of GvGs.

Move to EU. It happens there but nowhere near as bad as NA.

in In-game Events

Hickeroar.9734

I’d rather see it live.

Move to EU. It happens there but nowhere near as bad as NA.

I wouldn’t mind, but I love my guild too much to solo it elsewhere. :P I’ll follow wherever the GL/Officers decide.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

The 7wks of WvW league actually makes GvG tournament kittening easy.

Once you are locked into tiers you can stack the low pop servers and easily find the fights. I’d also say let’s kitten Anet in the kitten by having a streamed GvG tourney during those 7 weeks of WvW League ^^

Nothing like a highly watched stream of GvG during their shiny new idea

in In-game Events

Hickeroar.9734

The 7wks of WvW league actually makes GvG tournament kittening easy.

Once you are locked into tiers you can stack the low pop servers and easily find the fights. I’d also say let’s kitten Anet in the kitten by having a streamed GvG tourney during those 7 weeks of WvW League ^^

Nothing like a highly watched stream of GvG during their shiny new idea

Yeah, This was brought up earlier. I wonder how many guilds would be up for transferring for this?

in In-game Events

Posted by: Elcron.1208

Elcron.1208

Whats up with this week? Are no guilds confirming GvGs on the website or are matchups just that bad?

El Kharnno – Elementalist – Commander
Myrmidon Elite [ME]
Seraphim Martyrs [BURN] – Maguuma

in In-game Events

Posted by: kribre.9683

kribre.9683

Very bad matchups, not a single guild to GvG….

Tripilios
[VII] – Seventh Legion – retired
[Dius] – Semper Dius – Kodash

in In-game Events

Posted by: suprNovae.5410

suprNovae.5410

Whats up with this week? Are no guilds confirming GvGs on the website or are matchups just that bad?

It’s more likely that many guilds don’t announce their GvGs on gw2gvg.com because of too many viewers which would cause queues. Another reasons are viewers who just come by to interfere a GvGs.

Or it’s just the glicko system which kittened up the matchups for other guilds. :P

Clint B E Eastwood – Guardian
Callous Philosophy [LaG]
† Good Old Days [GD]

in In-game Events

Posted by: xen.2798

xen.2798

in In-game Events

Posted by: fab.3298

fab.3298

If EU is being split in to 3 tiers then the only viable tier is the mid one. If we go bottom there won’t be much to do outside of primetime, and if we go high we’ll need to deal with queues.

We’ll have 9 servers to chose all of who are guaranteed to face each other over a 7 week period… Sounds like it could be a fun and exciting time for the EU GvG scene. Assuming the orb mechanic doesn’t mess things up too badly.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

in In-game Events

Posted by: Dranul.2094

Dranul.2094

I can’t speak for other guilds but TUP is a WvW guild first, love the random action – never know what you’re going to get around the next corner. An equal sized guild group, multiple guilds, or that huge kitten zerg. So there is no chance I will be xferring around just for 2 or 3 1hr fights with only 20 of my guys. That would leave almost the same amount doing nothing. I won’t interrupt my raids for a spur of the moment GvG – we set aside days for it.

We shouldn’t have too – there should be a platform for it. We all can agree on that. Thing I will never understand is they have GvG ladders and all such things in GW1. Sure the size was smaller, but they supported it. Why can’t they simply come out and say we plan on supporting you guys, we have started working on it – will be ready when its ready but we are working on it. OR come out and be a man say no chance nothing for you < reason they are keeping quiet is because if they told the truth (likely to be “no chance nothing for you”) a lot of guilds, a lot of players would leave in their droves in the not so distant future.

I haven’t listened to the league system, in theory though sounds good. I’ll keep my fingers they implement it in a good fashion.

What a dull matchup, FSP and RoS with us for the 2nd time in about a month. Nothing to fight, no guilds willing to accept a gvg – back to asuraball this week I feel

Dranul – Guild Leader – The Unlikely Plan [TUP]
Aurora Glade EU
http://theunlikelyplangw2.guildlaunch.com

in In-game Events

Posted by: Equinox.4195

Equinox.4195

I wouldn’t count this week out just yet. Tarnished Coast and Maguuma are matched up yet again, which gives two guilds the opportunity to clash for a third time.

Equinox the Undying – Thug Necromancer
http://www.youtube.com/EPEquinox

in In-game Events

Jinks.2057

If EU is being split in to 3 tiers then the only viable tier is the mid one. If we go bottom there won’t be much to do outside of primetime, and if we go high we’ll need to deal with queues.

We’ll have 9 servers to chose all of who are guaranteed to face each other over a 7 week period… Sounds like it could be a fun and exciting time for the EU GvG scene. Assuming the orb mechanic doesn’t mess things up too badly.

I say the same w/ NA as well. You could even go as high as Silver League so WvW will have some meaning.

in In-game Events

Jinks.2057

It’s only 2nd day of match up.

Takes time

in In-game Events

Posted by: MartyPartys.9187

MartyPartys.9187

Lets get a list of all guilds who are up for a gvg league:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/events/GvG-wvw-league-whos-up-for-it

in In-game Events

Posted by: egalon.1702

egalon.1702

Did anybody notice that Devon said “And last week, we had the first commentated WvW stream hitting 1000 viewers”? I think we all know what stream he must mean! So dont give up, I think they are really watching us.

Egalon
[void] No Content
Gunnars Hold

in In-game Events

MartyPartys.9187

Where did he say this?

in In-game Events

Posted by: Pryda.8257

Pryda.8257

Did anybody notice that Devon said “And last week, we had the first commentated WvW stream hitting 1000 viewers”? I think we all know what stream he must mean! So dont give up, I think they are really watching us.

Watching =/ supporting.

Chemso has been streaming everyday for months now and has not been supported on twitch.tv/guildwars2 channel description while some new guy with 20 followers is on description. Don’t misunderstand me, it’s good for this guy, but it doesn’t cost anything to add a WvW streamer to the list. We also all knew that the 1,2k viewers came from GvG and comments.

Red Guard [RG]

in In-game Events

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

What worried me the most was when Colin(?) said they’re very wary of adding new PvP game modes because they’re worried about fragmenting the community.

Which implies they won’t support GvG because they need our guilds to keep propping up the WvW population.

Trouble is Colin, it’s too late. The community is already fragmented. We’ve been moved to the kittening Events forum, and there’s a growing divide and hostility between guilds and casuals in WvW. A GvG mode would actually reduce fragmentation. Either that, or a serious shift in focus from karma-training to balanced open field fights inside WvW itself. So heads out of arses please, this isn’t gonna resolve itself.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

(edited by Ragnar.4257)

in In-game Events

Posted by: Joe.6184

Joe.6184

in the GVG league no one should be allowed to upgrade their structures(keeps and towers). Also only rams and catas are allowed.

sounds fun to me

FA Forum Warrior

in In-game Events

Genev.2450

I can’t speak for other guilds but TUP is a WvW guild first, love the random action – never know what you’re going to get around the next corner. An equal sized guild group, multiple guilds, or that huge kitten zerg. So there is no chance I will be xferring around just for 2 or 3 1hr fights with only 20 of my guys. That would leave almost the same amount doing nothing. I won’t interrupt my raids for a spur of the moment GvG – we set aside days for it.

We shouldn’t have too – there should be a platform for it. We all can agree on that. Thing I will never understand is they have GvG ladders and all such things in GW1. Sure the size was smaller, but they supported it. Why can’t they simply come out and say we plan on supporting you guys, we have started working on it – will be ready when its ready but we are working on it. OR come out and be a man say no chance nothing for you < reason they are keeping quiet is because if they told the truth (likely to be “no chance nothing for you”) a lot of guilds, a lot of players would leave in their droves in the not so distant future.

I haven’t listened to the league system, in theory though sounds good. I’ll keep my fingers they implement it in a good fashion.

What a dull matchup, FSP and RoS with us for the 2nd time in about a month. Nothing to fight, no guilds willing to accept a gvg – back to asuraball this week I feel

You would have the guilds to fight outside GvG as well… I do find it a bit funny though that you say you’re not transfering because you want fights, and then at the end complain about your matchup

in In-game Events

Jinks.2057

Best place to xfer is mid tiers. You’ll get a nice mix of roaming, zergballs, and down time.

On EU i have zero idea what servers this entails, but on NA I will say you’ll get this in the silver league if they go w/ current server rankings.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Only thing I heard him say was “We had the first player go over 1000 WXp rank”

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

in In-game Events

Dranul.2094

You would have the guilds to fight outside GvG as well… I do find it a bit funny though that you say you’re not transfering because you want fights, and then at the end complain about your matchup

A few guilds per server – varying days of activity, varying attitudes towards being wiped. If you checked what rank my opponents were this week – they aren’t middle tier, they are 6 and 9 ranks below AG. Therefore the type of server the guilds would be moving too. Absolutely dead servers a few guilds across 4 borderlands raiding on their respective days and times would not greatly improve the current dross that these 2 servers have.

I don’t complain about the mid tier servers, nor the chance of fighting higher tiered servers at all, quite the opposite. Pointing out that a handful of guilds per server would not make it that enjoyable. Think about it, 9 servers in the lowest league. Your going to need atleast 90 guilds involved. That only boils down to 10 guilds per server, 2.5 guilds per map… you see where i’m going with this.

Aurora Glade EU

in In-game Events

Posted by: Caliban.3176

Caliban.3176

Also if we do end up doing this we will attract other people to those servers as well. I can imagine many roaming groups that would like to be in such a tier. It might even generate some interest from the native PvE players. I don’t think activity will be lacking if we manage to pull this off.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
7.2k+ hours played on Minesweeper

in In-game Events

MartyPartys.9187

It would indeed be 90 guilds if all servers were completely deserted, Im thinking 50 guilds would be a good ammount to aim for.

in In-game Events

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

Also, if we manage to conquer an entire league, we will achieve more recognition from Anet. How will they respond to all guilds from the other servers all moving into 1 league JUST to GvG. It will ruin their entire league system, since the guilds wont be in the other servers to carry them for ppt play. The higher leagues will feel dead, while our league will florish with open field and GvG fights.

I think this is the best way to go about promoting GvG.

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

in In-game Events

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I saw this in the sPvP forums I am surprised it isn’t here.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/GvG-Confirmed

Original article is in German posted yesterday.

http://www.buffed.de/Guild-Wars-2-PC-169660/News/Guild-Wars-2-Mike-OBrien-im-Interview-kein-Cantha-keine-Item-Spirale-bleibende-Inhalte-und-WvW-Saison-1086164/

Translation via Google Translator end of second paragraph.

Furthermore, we learned in the interview that guild battles like in Guild Wars 1 is not expected in the near future. However, a development team was tasked with and as soon as their work is bearing fruit, even guild battles will again be part of Guild Wars 2nd

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in In-game Events

Posted by: Disturbed.4685

Disturbed.4685

omg our voices have been heard! lol maybe

| [GF] Good Fights | GFguild.com |

in In-game Events

Posted by: Ogre.1750

Ogre.1750

Looks like there might be a miracle in the works, guys.

Red Guard™ thug for life — GvG SHOWDOWN host
https://www.youtube.com/user/KAZOgre

in In-game Events

Posted by: TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

Hope it’s not a 8v8 only :/

Asuran race is the best… +
Fluttershy #1 :)

in In-game Events

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

Lets hope Anet sent out the right people do create it!

~ Gandara

in In-game Events

Dranul.2094

If only they listen though. WVW specs, consumables, various sizes. 10, 15, 20, 25.

Not spvp specs!

Aurora Glade EU

in In-game Events

Posted by: tsubus.8761

tsubus.8761

If that’s true, I hope they involve the GvG community to set up GvG mode. If they don’t want to do it in a public way (I admit it would become way too chaotic), they should at least involve a few willing “authorities in the GvG world”. If Anet does it on its own, I fear it will not be anything like we wish, probably based on sPvP with just bigger maps, which is not at all what GvG is. The freedom in WvW gear is a must.

Radese Tagal [PUSH] on Aurora Glade

in In-game Events

Posted by: Lanimal.6541

Lanimal.6541

If that’s true, I hope they involve the GvG community to set up GvG mode. If they don’t want to do it in a public way (I admit it would become way too chaotic), they should at least involve a few willing “authorities in the GvG world”. If Anet does it on its own, I fear it will not be anything like we wish, probably based on sPvP with just bigger maps, which is not at all what GvG is. The freedom in WvW gear is a must.

This. Take a page out of valves notebook.

Theongreyjoy
[VoTF] www.votf.net

in In-game Events

Posted by: Wryog.5073

Wryog.5073

Someone from that team is probably watching this thread right now…
Anyway, let’s hope they make this right.

Wryog [WBC] – elementalist
Gunnar’s Hold

in In-game Events

Posted by: Miguel.2653

Miguel.2653

GvG’s, or ‘kill trading’, are interrupted enough at the windmill as it is. The EB JP is quite literally the home of trolls in WvW, so trying to get through a single round while having people AoE’ing us from above or from the sides would be quite literally impossible. Sorry to kill your dream flute, but sadly EB JP is a no no.

Oh, then if I dont want see you around my bl what I need to do is spam aoe in your battles?
ty and noted

Tzzil (Mesmer / Mag)
Tzilacatzin (Ranger / Maguuma)

in In-game Events

Posted by: Wryog.5073

Wryog.5073

GvG’s, or ‘kill trading’, are interrupted enough at the windmill as it is. The EB JP is quite literally the home of trolls in WvW, so trying to get through a single round while having people AoE’ing us from above or from the sides would be quite literally impossible. Sorry to kill your dream flute, but sadly EB JP is a no no.

Oh, then if I dont want see you around my bl what I need to do is spam aoe in your battles?
ty and noted

“my bl”… Really?

Wryog [WBC] – elementalist
Gunnar’s Hold