[[Unofficial GvG Scene Thread]]

in In-game Events

Posted by: Malkithe.2084

Malkithe.2084

On behalf of all members of Flare [FIRE] EU I would like to thank all the guilds we have faced on the field. Since we formed from PUGs just before the SFR free transfers crash we have fought in over 25 GvG’s. Official or unofficial. Win or lose we thank-you for the time and pleasure you have given us. We wish all the best for those guilds in their future endeavors and we hope that one day you can continue with GvGs. Thanks again for everything. This awesome community has been the reason to play. We will have our last ever GvG on Monday evening, but that’s all she wrote.

/overandout

Co-leader of Flare [FIRE]

in In-game Events

Posted by: Drigan.7382

Drigan.7382

This already gets done as practice. Everyone hates it in comparison. sPvP, without major changes, will never work for GvG.

Agreed. We do sPvP all the time, and I hate it when people say its the same thing. 10v10s in sPvP require a completely different type of theory crafting and it has a completely different feel. Mostly its way too small for a WvW guild that has 50-70 members. If we wanted to do 10v10s in sPvP, we’d do 10v10s in WvW GvGs now. It is not the same at all. We want to be able to go at a scale that is somewhat similar to the way our guilds run open field in WvW.

Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]
Fort Aspenwood – www.gw2hope.com

in In-game Events

Posted by: junglizm.5843

junglizm.5843

Agreed. We do sPvP all the time, and I hate it when people say its the same thing. 10v10s in sPvP require a completely different type of theory crafting and it has a completely different feel. Mostly its way too small for a WvW guild that has 50-70 members. If we wanted to do 10v10s in sPvP, we’d do 10v10s in WvW GvGs now. It is not the same at all. We want to be able to go at a scale that is somewhat similar to the way our guilds run open field in WvW.

I wasn’t trying to imply that it would be anywhere near what is currently available in WvW. I was just trying to highlight some of the advantages because with the Orb mechanic coming down the pipe the choice seem to be GvG with crazy fluctuating Orb stats, GvG in sPvP, or don’t GvG at all. Would jsut be nice to see the stuff continue somewhat because god knows, it is much more exciting to watch than Zone Wars 2 sPvP.

twitch.tv/junglizm
Accelerant [BURN] – Fort Aspenwood

in In-game Events

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

In Dawn we did intra-guild and one aganist Tup 10v10 in Pvp arena, aside from the map that are pretty bad, the lag is horrendus, like literally you lag every single match, plus gear limitation, i can run every heavy damage guardian in wvw, in pvp i do more retal damage than anything, so yeah gear limitation are pretty and the lag make it unplayble

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in In-game Events

Posted by: kribre.9683

kribre.9683

As my fellow Co-leader Malkithe said, thanks a lot to everyone for awesome fights we’ve had with you guys, win or lose! We will see you guys in the next big game, which atm, looks to be Wildstar for us!
Cheers!

Tripilios
[VII] – Seventh Legion – retired
[Dius] – Semper Dius – Kodash

in In-game Events

Posted by: Grotesque.6480

Grotesque.6480

Sad to hear that Flare, you guys have been an awesome addition to this amazing community.

Am I the only one who is somewhat sad, especially after watching the GvG last night, knowing it might be one of the last?

Team Aggression [TA]

in In-game Events

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

I don’t even enjoy WvW that much and spend most of my time playing PvP, but I think disregarding my opinion on the game mode I should say it’s pretty kittening bullkitten that anet are trying to force people into playing a mode they don’t want to play by killing off GvG. To draw more people into PvP they could fix the millions of issues that people have and make numerous threads by experienced players OUTLINING simple changes in the sPvP forum, yet we have an absolutely glacial rate of change and I hope you like patches that actually hurt they game more than they add to it by adding passive dominant specs like Warriors and Spirit Rangers and delaying balance fixes for them for several months because of ESPORTSSSSS.

And yet they’re trying to funnel people into sPvP before they actually spend any kittening effort on the mode? I’ve never seen a dev that spends so much effort AVOIDING fixing their kittening game. Beyond kittened.

I can say all this here because it’s not like they moderate this forum, that would imply they cared about their game in any shape or form.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in In-game Events

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

After what Sacrx said, I don’t think any WvWers will be giving any legitimacy to sPvP by moving GvGs there…

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

in In-game Events

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

After what Sacrx said, I don’t think any WvWers will be giving any legitimacy to sPvP by moving GvGs there…

To be fair, if sPvP had met GvG’s needs from the get-go, this wouldn’t even be an issue. :/

If they alter sPvP to the level that GvGs would become legitimate and workable, that would precisely be them folding and supporting GvG, even if they didn’t call it that.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Ogre.1750

Ogre.1750

Wow guys, dunno what to say.. got lost in the GTA mists and lost track of time-space… guess the boss filled u in whats rly going on in this game, good that we are all on the same page.

A lot has happened matchwise, rise and fall (especially falls) of legends, very interesting in the closure of gvgs as we knew them… i guess i will have to make that last gvg showdown at some point, cuz theres kittenloads to comment, but honestly cant bring myself to do it atm, having the literal time of my life mongreling around The V. Hope u guys forgive me and have patience <3

Sumimasen x9001

Red Guard™ thug for life — GvG SHOWDOWN host
https://www.youtube.com/user/KAZOgre

in In-game Events

Posted by: ConradR.6940

ConradR.6940

I have a solution! GvG’s will now take place in the EB JUMPING PUZZLE!

[ONE] Rabbitz http://fightasone.enjin.com/
“the cutest thief on FA”

in In-game Events

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Stat boosts go there to or can you confirm otherwise?

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in In-game Events

Posted by: ThaOwner.7560

ThaOwner.7560

you still get the boosts in the jp =(

Tybstra| Everything Purple [EP] | Maguuma

in In-game Events

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Sumimasen x9001

I for one would like to hear you say this in your video

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in In-game Events

Posted by: Ridafyt Whitestrike.8397

Ridafyt Whitestrike.8397

Thanks all for the great run! Had a blast with GvGs against you all. The GvG community was the most loyal core in this game i feel. I hope to see you all around! o/ take care

Raidleader CoN
(Server admin SFR till 15-10-13, currently on Augury)
Bombing zergs since day 1

in In-game Events

Posted by: Disturbed.4685

Disturbed.4685

confirmed….

Attachments:

| [GF] Good Fights | GFguild.com |

in In-game Events

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

confirmed….

Doesn’t the Orb in the WvW menu show even if you are in PvE? Technically you would need a screenshot in the JP, a screenshot in PvE and a screenshot in a BL to “confirm” this. You need to show the stats or at least your HP over all 3 scenarios.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

confirmed….

Doesn’t the Orb in the WvW menu show even if you are in PvE? Technically you would need a screenshot in the JP, a screenshot in PvE and a screenshot in a BL to “confirm” this. You need to show the stats or at least your HP over all 3 scenarios.

Protip: buff bar

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

in In-game Events

Posted by: Bee.6239

Bee.6239

This day reminds me of when they killed the wilderness (pvp) in runescape and 5th grade me was sad

in In-game Events

Posted by: Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Anet gave you what you want, your Spvp right smack dab in the middle of WvW. I’m talking about the ruins in case you didn’t know.

Leader – Swords of the Immortals [SOTI]
Greens Mystic – Mesmer | Google Deez – Ranger
Dragonbrand since day 1

in In-game Events

Posted by: ConradR.6940

ConradR.6940

you still get the boosts in the jp =(

CURSES!

[ONE] Rabbitz http://fightasone.enjin.com/
“the cutest thief on FA”

in In-game Events

Posted by: skinnyb.5920

skinnyb.5920

This day reminds me of when they killed the wilderness (pvp) in runescape and 5th grade me was sad

Haha oh wow. This really brought out some feels.

When did Jagex bring back like wilderness? Something like 5 years later? Guess I’ll see you all then.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

Anet gave you what you want, your Spvp right smack dab in the middle of WvW. I’m talking about the ruins in case you didn’t know.

to be honest, that wasn’t really what nearly anyone wanted. there wasn’t a single thread requesting them to plop sPvP with stat buffs in the middle of WvW anywhere leading up to it, and the overwhelming majority of players voted in disfavor of it in the thread about it. this isn’t limited to just GvG players either. a good number of people who play WvW as Anet intended didn’t want it either. but, Anet wanted it, so everyone is stuck dealing with it.

this isn’t something that will kill GvG only either. the ridiculously lopsided matches the seasons will bring will only be exacerbated by the ridiculously lopsided stat buffs. so it will kill WvW itself. matches will boil down to two scenarios. spawn camping, or getting spawn camped. neither is really something an entire game mode can be based around, and it’s quite obvious that people will just avoid WvW entirely at that point. sure, some may be stubborn and optimistic, and try to stick it out for a while, but eventually the boredom will overwhelm even them. the end result really is pretty obvious at this point.

in In-game Events

ThaOwner.7560

Was thinking the same thing earlier lol. This really blows

in In-game Events

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

why not try to gvg when both sides have 1 buff each? it’s harder but still possible

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in In-game Events

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

You would have to coordinate the extra people in both guilds to troll the ruins to make sure the buffs stayed even and even that isn’t really a guarantee.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in In-game Events

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

why not try to gvg when both sides have 1 buff each? it’s harder but still possible

Paradoxically, it would have been possible with Orbs.

Bloddlust is instead designed such as the buff property can flip extremely fast, so mantaining a even amount of buff to two servers is hard to achieve even for the duration of a single round.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in In-game Events

Posted by: SabreWalrus.8647

SabreWalrus.8647

Scnd vs GD GvG, multi-PoV

Zacharus, Warrior.
Second Law.

in In-game Events

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

When jagex removed the wilderness, atleast they created an arena for Wilderness guilds in our case (GvG) guilds to fight in)

aka Clan arenas

if anet did that, we would all be happy.

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

in In-game Events

Posted by: nothing.7941

nothing.7941

Let’s adapt gvg rather than abandoning it. Don’t just quit, and don’t sit around waiting for sanity from the devs or implementation of a proper gvg map or arena. There are some basic principles we probably all can agree on:

(1) Gvg when all 3 servers have the buff is the same as before. We sure can gvg then.
(2) Gvg with a +150 stat disparity between the teams is not plausible. So the two servers without it can’t gvg with the server with it, but they can gvg with each other.
(3) Gvg with a +100 stat disparity is probably not plausible, though I go back and forth on this. The disparity could be reduced as discussed below. At a minimum, the +100 team could gvg with a team from the +50 server if you agree with (4) below.
(4) Gvg with a +50 stat disparity between the teams, while not ideal, is plausible. It’s really not that much. We can either live with it, or the disparity can be reduced by agreement that the +50 team uses no consumables, and the other team uses consumables and stacking weapons, and can even come to the match fully stacked. Maybe a slight modification can be added into the glicko system on the gw2gvg site to account for this in rated matches. Or not, perhaps we can just accept this.

The only real controversy is (4). If we agree on (4), then we can gvg the vast majority of the time. Thoughts?

We would still have to come to terms with the problem of the buff situation changing mid-match. Here’s how I think that should be handled:
(1) You finish the round, no matter what. No griping, no complaining. Think of it as rain breaking out in a football game matching a run oriented offense against a pass oriented offense. Rain favors the running team, but they still keep playing.
(2) If that is not the final round of the match, the teams pause and their leaders confer. They can agree to proceed without change, again with no griping about the buff altering the outcome. They can quit. They can wait for the buff to change back (see havoc squad below). Or the team which just acquired a +50 stat advantage can allow the other team to switch to stacking weapons and kill some warthogs or whatever. No new consumable by the +50 team, and a decision would be made about waiting for its consumables to expire before continuing. Maybe consumables should not be used at the start of gvg’s anymore to accommodate this problem.

Finally, we all want the level playing field, and we don’t want buffs changing mid-match. The guilds involved in the match can influence that by assigning havoc squads to patrol the middle of their respective BLs for sometime before the match and during the match. Their job is to make sure their server holds the buff for their BL, or doesn’t hold it if that server has the buff on another BL.

This is intended as a starting point, a way to get gvg’rs thinking about adapting this great game mode we all love instead of giving up on it. Please think about it and post any ideas you come up with here. We created gvg out of thin air in the first place, we can certainly do this too.

Martin Firestorm, Borlis Pass
Gaile Gray wrote:
Oh wait, read Martin Firestorm, he says it better…

(edited by nothing.7941)

in In-game Events

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

the 2 guilds can both send members to ensure they hold their own BL buffs, so each has +50.

the 3rd server without a guild in the match just needs to hold their own buff so tell your guilds to leave that buff alone or at least have a scout there to warn the GvG teams if the buff is about to flip to one of their sides.

in In-game Events

Solstice.1097

While I was just smoking a cigarette I thought about how simple it can be:

1. Form party of both guild leaders and 3 scouts, 1 for each BL
2. When teams ready guild leaders both say in party chat they are ready
3. Once both leaders ready, each of the 3 scouts in BL gives the “all clear” signal – this means the BL owner holds the buff and it’s not likely to change in the next few minutes
4. Once all 3 scouts give the all clear, guild leaders bow and match begins

rinse and repeat.

in In-game Events

Solstice.1097

haven’t visited this thread lately and not sure if we’ve already solved the BL issue, but for what it’s worth I see this working just fine.

1. Form party of both guild leaders and 3 scouts, 1 for each BL
2. When teams ready guild leaders both say in party chat they are ready
3. Once both leaders ready, each of the 3 scouts in BL gives the “all clear” signal – this means the BL owner holds the buff and it’s not likely to change in the next few minutes
4. Once all 3 scouts give the all clear, guild leaders bow and match begins
rinse and repeat.

in In-game Events

ThaOwner.7560

organizing gvg without this was a pain in the kitten sometimes, this only adds to that. Its just gonna be more of a headache than its worth anymore.

(edited by ThaOwner.7560)

in In-game Events

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Now that Anet killed GvG maybe some of you are thinking about doing Tpvp or the solo queue.

Dont waste your time, the best players I have met have been GvGers in duels small and larger scale GvGs.

When I say the top 100 Conquest mode leader board players are bad I’m not kidding, I did the farming to top 100 total waste of time boring game mode bad/rude players etc…

GvG was fun while it lasted.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in In-game Events

Posted by: Gorefiend.9675

Gorefiend.9675

GvG is not dead. Organize control of the orbs and go at it.

D/D, Staff Elementalist

in In-game Events

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

So hows the poll going? After orb realease some guilds changed thier minds?

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

in In-game Events

Posted by: Grotesque.6480

Grotesque.6480

Props to [VII] / [TUP] and [HoB] for organizing a GvG! Sunday and Tuesdays are the revival of our amazing community. Lets see how this is going to work out!

GW2 Community and Devon | 1- 0

Team Aggression [TA]

in In-game Events

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

I should say it’s pretty kittening bullkitten that anet are trying to force people into playing a mode they don’t want to play by killing off GvG

and then force even those who looked for a competetive scenario into tpvp to play non-competitive maps (spirit watch, skyhammer).

in In-game Events

Posted by: TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

I hope more GvG’s will follow someone have to be the first who does it, after that, people often follow.

Asuran race is the best… +
Fluttershy #1 :)

in In-game Events

Posted by: fab.3298

fab.3298

Our match-up has a lot of GvGs this week but i don’t think anyone is keen for them to be official due to the orb buff and the balance issues it introduced.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

in In-game Events

Posted by: Asrok.2193

Asrok.2193

The orbs do bring balance issues but A net haven’t really given us much of a choice, I would rather play an unbalanced GvG than nothing at all, we’ll see how unbalanced the orbs make things exactly but if it’s still fun then it’s still worth doing. Don’t be too worried about the rankings just do it because it’s fun.

Asrok – Hand of Blood [HoB] – Guardian

(edited by Asrok.2193)

in In-game Events

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

Yeah, i also think that ranking should be revorked for the time that we have Orb. Maybe it will sound stupid, but maybe a option to add if the fight was with orb, and with how much stacks, just to be clear. Ofc it will make some dramas, but we will play GvG if it will be unbalanced.

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

in In-game Events

Posted by: Alaric.7628

Alaric.7628

Oh, hey guys, not a GvGer, but saw this article

http://pcgamers.ph/threads/gvg-said-to-been-worked-on-by-a-dev-team-according-to-german-article-buffed-de.2993/

Said that a dev team was assigned to figure how to institute GvG. Apologies if already posted on here, didnt go through the whole thread

sounds like it won’t be happening anytime soon, but thought I would link it

Alaric Clone [KOM]
NSP

in In-game Events

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

interesting, but won’t come soon

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

in In-game Events

Posted by: fab.3298

fab.3298

Yeah, heard about that when it was first found. Unfortunately they’ve since said that the GvG team was disbanded and moved to work on more important content.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

in In-game Events

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

Gvg is not dead maybe ratings is dead, But fight for fun, with at least the same number, that pulse is this their, don’t call it that until nobody plays the game.

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in In-game Events

Posted by: Sublime Le Peasant.1932

Sublime Le Peasant.1932

GvG should be in Custom Arena and be part of MistLeague..

Top 50, before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWk2ObTvn9s
Gerdien

in In-game Events

Posted by: Disturbed.4685

Disturbed.4685

GvG should be in Custom Arena and be part of MistLeague..

lol

| [GF] Good Fights | GFguild.com |

in In-game Events

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

Keep the gvgs going!

We’ll have a rematch against TUP today, can’t wait =)

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios