[[Unofficial GvG Scene Thread]]

in In-game Events

Posted by: Dranul.2094

Dranul.2094

Will always do GvGs rated preferred as it allows guilds to have history – like having 4+ previous gvgs unaccepted on site, having them take place even before site existed is just poor form, denies a guild some history. Shows inaccurate representation of a guilds progression. Just a pet hate I guess, but I find it lame. You do a gvg you do a gvg, win or lose. This scrim or official is just non-sense.

We are unlikely and will continue to fight when we’ve agreed too, regardless of setup, lag or orbs.

Do they make a difference? Tbh I don’t care if they do, I pressed B twice during 7 rounds and that was to see how AG was doing, was in favour once and out of favour the other – bothered no. Just continue to fight ladies and gentlemen.

I am of the opinion, if I miss players, if I lag, if I miss xyz classes (completely), if enemy has 3 orbs, none of that kitten matters. Nothing is ever optimal. You agreed a date/time you fight, only exception to that is if sudden RL cropped up in terms of gvg leaders unable to attend.

GvG scene isn’t dead, but I’m getting tired of being dodged (this week being an exception). For me GvG is about challenging yourself against the best to better yourselves, to try new things. To work on somethings that general raiding doesn’t allow you to do.

Cheers for the fun match VII always intense and a great challenge.

Dranul – Guild Leader – The Unlikely Plan [TUP]
Aurora Glade EU
http://theunlikelyplangw2.guildlaunch.com

in In-game Events

Posted by: nothing.7941

nothing.7941

Are guilds using the gw2gvg site? I’m not getting responses to challenges.

Martin Firestorm, Borlis Pass
Gaile Gray wrote:
Oh wait, read Martin Firestorm, he says it better…

in In-game Events

Posted by: Devitz.2136

Devitz.2136

Are guilds using the gw2gvg site? I’m not getting responses to challenges.

I think it’s much better to contact in-game. Some guilds use this site only to confirm scores and ofc for rankings :P
May be even better, it’s always easier to agree on detalis

in In-game Events

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

any update on when the next GvG showdown vid will be up?

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in In-game Events

Posted by: wedo.3049

wedo.3049

had a scrim NS vs EP tonight with buffs didn’t make a big difference but until things change probably just scrim, but it was probably one of the best gvgs we have had in a LONG TIME
NS 4 EP 2 or 3 had some pugs interrupt us but I hope someone recorded it because man what an epic fight, each fight went on for a good 5 minutes.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Dranul.2094

Dranul.2094

Why just scrim? Why are so many so fixated on the rankings. Just put it all as rated, it shows your history, gives no excuse for not taking it “seriously”.

Its about fun. I will continue to have rated matches as will several others I know.

Dranul – Guild Leader – The Unlikely Plan [TUP]
Aurora Glade EU
http://theunlikelyplangw2.guildlaunch.com

in In-game Events

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

Looks like it will never come to be!

http://m.imgur.com/a/mhYp4

in In-game Events

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

22:00 min onward is how Anet feels about us. Take a deep breath.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

in In-game Events

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

They removed sacrx post on the video link like 30 min after he posted. Just trying to make sure this thread knows about it.

in In-game Events

Centrix.4065

Oh yeah np, was just a note to prevent ppl from also flooding this thread xD itll just get really confusing.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Equinox.4195

Equinox.4195

had a scrim NS vs EP tonight with buffs didn’t make a big difference but until things change probably just scrim, but it was probably one of the best gvgs we have had in a LONG TIME
NS 4 EP 2 or 3 had some pugs interrupt us but I hope someone recorded it because man what an epic fight, each fight went on for a good 5 minutes.

Didn’t make a big difference? +50 to 6 stats is 300-point stat difference between players. Every fight, with the exception of one (started 1-1, ended 2-0 in NS’s favor), NS had 1-3 buffs over us. 3 buffs was only in one round, but that’s a total of 18,000 stat point difference between the two teams. Don’t tell me that doesn’t make a difference.

EDIT: And to put this into perspective: In full exotics and all traits spent, a player gets 3964 stats added to their base stats. Therefore 3 buffs is equivalent to having 4.5 extra players in full exotics, 2 buffs is equivalent to 3, and 1 buff is equivalent to 1.5.
So, a 20v20 match can turn into a 21.5v20, 23v20, or 24.5v20. If 1 or 2 interferers can make a round not count in a fair fight, why wouldn’t every fight in a GvG now be considered unofficial because of the discrepancies in bloodlust buffs?

(Of course, it isn’t the exact same as adding people, but this is only trying to add perspective to the amount of difference these buffs make.)

Why just scrim? Why are so many so fixated on the rankings. Just put it all as rated, it shows your history, gives no excuse for not taking it “seriously”.

Its about fun. I will continue to have rated matches as will several others I know.

With no intention of waiting 10, 20, or 30 minutes for one round (not the whole GvG, just one round) to see how the bloodlust buffs change so they’re not 3-0 or 2-0, we’re going to continue fighting with the odds stacked against us, no matter how high, because it’s something we enjoy. That said, I really don’t see any point in official GvGs, unless there’s an effort by third parties to balance the buffs for the two teams involved. If I’m not mistaken, you can submit “Friendly matches” on gw2gvg.com website if you’re insistent on keeping a history of fights.

The final score was 4-3 and we lost. I’ll have the video edited and uploaded for public view hopefully tonight. It was a fun fight, regardless, and it would have been nice to fight such a solid guild on a more even playing field. NS showed their strength and we appreciated the challenge.

Equinox the Undying – Thug Necromancer
http://www.youtube.com/EPEquinox

(edited by Equinox.4195)

in In-game Events

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Yes, you can (and should) record friendly matches, in my opinion. And ratings are pretty much useless now since hardly anyone is doing rated matches.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in In-game Events

wedo.3049

no the buffs weren’t that big of a deal because we lost when your server had 2, it was a scrim doesn’t matter but rewatching the match and seeing the ele and necros running out of combat all the way back to windmill to stay alive shows how much it mattered to EP and it mattered to us. SO don’t complain about a little stat boost both teams were equally matched and it was fun. we wouldn’t have made the excuse with the stat increase since each match went so long it didn’t make or break anything it was fun all around.

in In-game Events

Equinox.4195

no the buffs weren’t that big of a deal because we lost when your server had 2, it was a scrim doesn’t matter but rewatching the match and seeing the ele and necros running out of combat all the way back to windmill to stay alive shows how much it mattered to EP and it mattered to us. SO don’t complain about a little stat boost both teams were equally matched and it was fun. we wouldn’t have made the excuse with the stat increase since each match went so long it didn’t make or break anything it was fun all around.

That’s very ignorant of you to say that buffs do not make a difference. I never complained about it; I was merely educating you on the difference they actually made since you decided to leave your salty post on here.
Nobody ran OOC. There was no running behind the windmill or into the forest like certain guilds in T1 that I won’t name. If you wanted to chase someone across the field, since none of us ever left the playing field, then why didn’t you? I teleport away from your entire frontline to avoid dying and heal myself with my Heal Skill? Not fair. Must be cheating. QQ
I’m going to give [NS] the benefit of the doubt here since I still respect them and assume that you don’t speak on behalf of your guild and I encourage everyone else to do the same until proven otherwise.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Odinzu.9645

Odinzu.9645

let’s not have a forum war. The buffs make bombs REALLY strong, the end.
As for OOC, I already talked to one of your guys about it, and it ended there. Don’t come on the forums calling out foul play, when the guild leaders have already went over it.
There was a D/D ele that RTL out of the fight, and turned around. If he dropped combat, the regen was short. I watched your video. And I already talked to them about it, we don’t OOC intentionally.

Odinzu [EP]
Thug life

in In-game Events

wedo.3049

you are both making a bigger deal than it needs to be, the buffs aren’t the problem. ever play a game called dark age of Camelot? they had a similar system with buffs but it increased your crit, crit dmg, and spell pierce but people still played and people still attacked the stacked servers. In the end teamwork and skill will win. im not trying to start a fight or anything but stop acting high and mighty. I was merely pointing out that if the shoe was on the other foot we would have lost no biggie gone on our way and continued to play (since its a scrim). it was fun times and should be fun for all.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Odinzu.9645

Odinzu.9645

All I said was that the buffs make bombs strong. Nothing more, nothing less. We’re probably arguing the same point on team work w/ buffs.

My problem is with people claiming we OOC intentionally. No one does this in EP.

Odinzu [EP]
Thug life

in In-game Events

Equinox.4195

you are both making a bigger deal than it needs to be, the buffs aren’t the problem. ever play a game called dark age of Camelot? they had a similar system with buffs but it increased your crit, crit dmg, and spell pierce but people still played and people still attacked the stacked servers. In the end teamwork and skill will win. im not trying to start a fight or anything but stop acting high and mighty. I was merely pointing out that if the shoe was on the other foot we would have lost no biggie gone on our way and continued to play (since its a scrim). it was fun times and should be fun for all.

I think I’m starting to see the point you were trying to make.

had a scrim NS vs EP tonight with buffs didn’t make a big difference

I interpreted this as saying “Had a scrim tonight with buffs, but it didn’t make a big difference. We had have won anyway.”
Whereas I think the point you were trying to make was that buffs shouldn’t matter and people should continue to GvG like this regardless even though it’s only as scrims, at least until something changes.
My apologies for misunderstanding. Skritt happens. Wasn’t trying to act high and mighty, just thought you were taking shots at us.

We agree that skill matters over buffs, and I think we both agree that when two extremely talented groups clash like we did, the buffs do start to make a difference. Let’s face it. [NS] would have been a handful even without the buffs.
Anyway, I’m going through and editing right now and every fight lasts a minimum of 3m10s. Some really intense kitten right there. Perhaps it goes without saying, but I think [NS] is definitely #2 NA if we are #1.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

I interpreted this as saying “Had a scrim tonight with buffs, but it didn’t make a big difference. We had have won anyway.”
Whereas I think the point you were trying to make was that buffs shouldn’t matter and people should continue to GvG like this regardless even though it’s only as scrims, at least until something changes.
My apologies for misunderstanding. Skritt happens. Wasn’t trying to act high and mighty, just thought you were taking shots at us.

We agree that skill matters over buffs, and I think we both agree that when two extremely talented groups clash like we did, the buffs do start to make a difference. Let’s face it. [NS] would have been a handful even without the buffs.
Anyway, I’m going through and editing right now and every fight lasts a minimum of 3m10s. Some really intense kitten right there. Perhaps it goes without saying, but I think [NS] is definitely #2 NA if we are #1.

you guys will have to come down to a lower tier server and fight [GF] to see is this will be true.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in In-game Events

wedo.3049

cant be number 1 yet:P havnt beaten us:D

in In-game Events

Equinox.4195

Here’s the NS vs EP video, for all those interested:

in In-game Events

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

cant be number 1 yet:P havnt beaten us:D

Who is “us” btw??

in In-game Events

Jinks.2057

you guys will have to come down to a lower tier server and fight [GF] to see is this will be true.

It has begun

in In-game Events

Jinks.2057

Relics made a HUGE difference in 8v8’s and 1v1’s in DAoC…..wtf you smoking???

Also relics only effected Attack Damage, Spell Damage, and Healing Power……Orbs not only juice up your attack but significantly blunt your opponents while giving more HP.

There is a reason stacking weapons aren’t allowed btw

in In-game Events

wedo.3049

relics helped but a good 8v8 still had no problem farming zergs, we are NS, and the ppl I ran with in DAOC we ran 8man on mid and hib and they only scary ppl were alb tank trains when they had all the relics, but besides that we were still able to farm RR and compete for awhile.

in In-game Events

Jinks.2057

relics helped but a good 8v8 still had no problem farming zergs, we are NS, and the ppl I ran with in DAOC we ran 8man on mid and hib and they only scary ppl were alb tank trains when they had all the relics, but besides that we were still able to farm RR and compete for awhile.

Alb extend groups > Alb tank trains.

Heck alb hybrid were > tank trains

Cept your argument is flawed b/c 2 great 8v8 teams can be easily decided by relic bonuses. This isn’t skill vs scrub…….no this is skill vs skill where stat advantages are distinctly felt more so.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Pryda.8257

Pryda.8257

I don’t see the problem going out of combat btw. It offers enemies an advantage in number and you can also get nuked by a thief or w/e. It’s a choice.

Same kitten for rezzing, if you’re bad enough to let your enemy rez and waste their time on it without taking the opportunity to bomb them it’s your fault.

Red Guard [RG]

in In-game Events

Equinox.4195

I don’t see the problem going out of combat btw. It offers enemies an advantage in number and you can also get nuked by a thief or w/e. It’s a choice.

Same kitten for rezzing, if you’re bad enough to let your enemy rez and waste their time on it without taking the opportunity to bomb them it’s your fault.

That’s a very good point made, and the only line I really draw in running OOC is if it’s being done far outside of the battlefield (behind the windmill or into the forest), which is more of an out-of-bounds debate than an out-of-combat debate.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Mushin Tips.1623

Mushin Tips.1623

in our last gvg against RET from fa we tried running no foods since we had 2 or 3 bl buffs. from that fight i can honestly say that what kind of foods you run outweighs the buffs, even the 3 star bl. didnt realize how much the -condi food mattered to the frontline during the fights.

[NS] – Night Shift mesmer

in In-game Events

Posted by: Sabull.5670

Sabull.5670

GvG and wvw would be quiiiite different if -40% didn’t exist. And +40% too for fairness. Melandru alone is fair but it’s the combination.

[TA]

in In-game Events

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

The GvG reveal by Sacrx.

Basic deal is that there is something coming with that will facilitate GvG’s. A instance with in the jumping puzzle. Something like a arena.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in In-game Events

oZii.2864

The GvG reveal by Sacrx.

Basic deal is that there is something coming with that will facilitate GvG’s. A instance with in the jumping puzzle. Something like a arena.

{Thief}

in In-game Events

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

./groan, couldn’t you have timestamped it? Not going to sit through that entire thing

in In-game Events

oZii.2864

./groan, couldn’t you have timestamped it? Not going to sit through that entire thing

oh sorry I thought I did link the timestamp. here you go

{Thief}

in In-game Events

oZii.2864

{Thief}

in In-game Events

oZii.2864

{Thief}

in In-game Events

Centrix.4065

You don’t need to post the same message 2 or 3 times.

You also didn’t link the timestamp correctly (in none of your double/trippleposts)

There you go

- EDIT

Apparently you can’t do &t= on these forums -.-

It starts to get interesting at about 55minutes

(edited by Centrix.4065)

in In-game Events

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

Fantastic news if true, but I wouldn’t hold my breath on it happening anytime soon.

~~Ayeres~~

(edited by Tellerion.8102)

in In-game Events

Posted by: Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Devon Carver just confirmed at least part of it on Reddit:

“That is a half-truth. The most likely plan is that we add a space to the EB Jumping Puzzle that is useful for GvG. We’d then pull the buff from the Jumping Puzzle. It would still, in fact, be a jumping puzzle. This is one of those times wherein the viable solution is a fast one and this made the most sense.”

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1nwh68/sfr_state_of_the_game_sacrx_with_information_on/ccmuhlt

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

in In-game Events

Posted by: Kiliaan.1934

Kiliaan.1934

Devon Carver just confirmed at least part of it on Reddit:

“That is a half-truth. The most likely plan is that we add a space to the EB Jumping Puzzle that is useful for GvG. We’d then pull the buff from the Jumping Puzzle. It would still, in fact, be a jumping puzzle. This is one of those times wherein the viable solution is a fast one and this made the most sense.”

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1nwh68/sfr_state_of_the_game_sacrx_with_information_on/ccmuhlt

CPR Anet! We are gonna loose em!

This feels like a reaction to the massive lull we have felt in dedicated hardcore players in WvW that were part of the backbone of the community and also interested in GvG.

The momentum is lost but perhaps there is something to salvage here, I am happy for the change but have difficulty giving Anet credit for applying a bandaid on a problem they created.

Without expecting too much, I hope this is a start.

Xeviel [GF] – Ehmry Bay

in In-game Events

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

I would rather they add a real GvG arena, separate from WvW but with the same gameplay mechanics, and the ability to pick gear such like sPvP(but with WvW builds). They could add weekly tournaments with entry fees being large amounts of gems per guild if they want to monetize it.

It’s a start, but it just looks like something done to shut up the GvG crowd, and it’ll probably work.

in In-game Events

Centrix.4065

I would rather they add a real GvG arena, separate from WvW but with the same gameplay mechanics, and the ability to pick gear such like sPvP(but with WvW builds). They could add weekly tournaments with entry fees being large amounts of gems per guild if they want to monetize it.

It’s a start, but it just looks like something done to shut up the GvG crowd, and it’ll probably work.

Knowing them, it would take way too long for them to do that. For a “quick” solution, this seems pretty decent.

Kinda bummed it’s only in EB though, since EB is probably the map with the most queues. Unless you can access it without going to EB first.

(edited by Centrix.4065)

in In-game Events

Posted by: Emixam.6834

Emixam.6834

Knowing them, it would take way too long for them to do that. For a “quick” solution, this seems pretty decent.

Kinda bummed it’s only in EB though, since EB is probably the map with the most queues. Unless you can access it without going to EB first.

From the vid it was implied that JP will be accessible without EB…

Farshiverpeaks [SOUL]
One of the Leaders

in In-game Events

Centrix.4065

From the vid it was implied that JP will be accessible without EB…

Yes implied, not expressly stated. It didn’t sound like it was a fact. There’s a difference between “they most likely will do this” and “they will do this”

in In-game Events

Posted by: Emixam.6834

Emixam.6834

Following this thinking nothing was really a fact besides that bloodlust will be removed from JP

Farshiverpeaks [SOUL]
One of the Leaders

in In-game Events

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Anyone else a little disappointed this stuff was leaked?? I’d be pumped to log in one day and “OMG WE CAN GVG!!!@!#!@” rather than just waiting for the update to come out now…

Thanks a bunch Sacrx, you ruined Christmas

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Ogre.1750

Ogre.1750

Hello? is it me you’re looking for?

Red Guard™ thug for life — GvG SHOWDOWN host
https://www.youtube.com/user/KAZOgre

in In-game Events

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

If this is correct then this game is really in a death spiral.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in In-game Events

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

If this is correct then this game is really in a death spiral.

Elaborate please?

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever