oZii.2864

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

[[Unofficial GvG Scene Thread]]

in In-game Events

Posted by: Sabull.5670

Sabull.5670

Made a discussion video about why I think featureless circle arena is very very bad (kitten) for how interesting and depth the GvG deathmatches have. It’s slow and casual but it’s true talk.

Empty arena brings really boring fights, with no different feel and storyline. Compared to the vanilla area we have currently. Alot of depth has evolved to every hill and corner in that area, that does not happen in a circle pit. Lower viewing value, and through time lower playing value.

Arena has to have small, smooth features that leaders can use to coordinate with and direct the fight. Different types of gameplay rise if the area has different sections.

Can you make a 15 minute discussion about a circle with red and blue torches? No depth.

[TA]

(edited by Sabull.5670)

in In-game Events

Posted by: fab.3298

fab.3298

I’m not really as pessimistic about it as you Sabull. Sure the terrain is a little more uniform, but some of the new features could make for interesting gameplay and help spice up the current meta.

Take for example the addition of pillars and statues as natural barriers, i’m looking forward to seeing how guilds jostle for position amongst them. They’ll act as a counter to the melee train so should be useful for regroups. It’ll be interesting seeing guilds peruse their weakened opponents up there, I imagine there will be a few upsets as the team being pursued gets off a strong burst at one of the corners and flips the fight.

Ofc that assumes we have the whole ground floor for the GvG and that the stands are free of spectators, this shouldn’t really be a problem though since we have those two elevated wooden platforms where they can stand.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

in In-game Events

Posted by: Ogre.1750

Ogre.1750

I encourage disscussion about the new arena here, so i can recollect it for the show. The release of this warrants a new edition at the very least. It might seal the deal for continued coverage… this might be the second coming of gvg ppl… wont lie to you guys, im kitten lovin it… but i’ll reserve my thoughts for the show.

Red Guard™ thug for life — GvG SHOWDOWN host
https://www.youtube.com/user/KAZOgre

in In-game Events

Posted by: Hipster.1264

Hipster.1264

The activity in the Scene is rising for sure, 3 GvGs in this week alone- getting back in shape!
And some great new guilds are rising aswell- watch out for dF, guys.

I watched your Video Sabull and you make valid points, but i didn’t expect anet to implement such things as smooth corners and stuff-would have been great thou.
From what I’ve seen it looks pretty cool, my greatest fear was that they would make a area to small to actually fight in. But man, this thing looks freakin massive- so much room for manouvering around- I don’t think it will end in an endless circlepit.
I can imagine it to be pretty hard for the guildleaders to adept to the new arena, for the points you mentioned in the video but I find it intresting to see who can adept the fastest, the best. But may be just me ^^

Mirajane Grauwind Necro

in In-game Events

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

Should try using a half circle as the effective arena and freeing up the slopes on the side to use.

I can see some GvGs that end up being caught up in the middle being dull, cutting the area in half would closer resemble what the area is now and allow for a good amount of open space while also making the usage of the pillars/torches/slopes more readily available.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Wompage.4586

Wompage.4586

I guess one positive from a perfectly flat map is the terrain height won’t kitten up hammerstuns anymore

Soulorai – http://www.youtube.com/soulorai
[Scnd][RG][TUP]

in In-game Events

Posted by: nothing.7941

nothing.7941

Made a discussion video about why I think featureless circle arena is very very bad (kitten) for how interesting and depth the GvG deathmatches have. It’s slow and casual but it’s true talk.

Empty arena brings really boring fights, with no different feel and storyline. Compared to the vanilla area we have currently. Alot of depth has evolved to every hill and corner in that area, that does not happen in a circle pit. Lower viewing value, and through time lower playing value.

Arena has to have small, smooth features that leaders can use to coordinate with and direct the fight. Different types of gameplay rise if the area has different sections.

Can you make a 15 minute discussion about a circle with red and blue torches? No depth.

Solves so many problems though, I will freaking take it.

Martin Firestorm, Borlis Pass
Gaile Gray wrote:
Oh wait, read Martin Firestorm, he says it better…

in In-game Events

Posted by: Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

What if we declare that the stairs part, all the way up to those pillars are fair game? Then there’ll still some room for terrain advantage, LOS breaking, circling, etc

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

in In-game Events

Posted by: Gorefiend.9675

Gorefiend.9675

If the buff is disabled for the entire JP zone then there are areas of the JP that offer a battlefield with varying terrain.

D/D, Staff Elementalist

in In-game Events

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

Arena has been released.
what do you guys think?

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in In-game Events

Posted by: AgentChaos.4932

AgentChaos.4932

we tried to do a gvg today but because the arena is new so there are a lot of pugs around and some of them joined in the fight so we had to moved back to the windmill.
you can watch round 1 and the canceled round 2 here: http://www.twitch.tv/averageasiandude/c/3304718
i think it has great potential after a few days/weeks once the area is less crowded

Roleplayer.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Ark vs Choo 15 v 15 – 11/21/13 – Ark 4, Choo 3

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

(edited by Evalana.5480)

in In-game Events

Posted by: Drigan.7382

Drigan.7382

Yeahh, I’m not completely convinced people should switch from the South Camp spot to the Arena. We fought [TB] 15v15 in the arena tonight and the fights just dont have the same variety that the South Camp spot has.

Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]
Fort Aspenwood – www.gw2hope.com

in In-game Events

Posted by: Gorefiend.9675

Gorefiend.9675

Again, there are more areas than the new arena in the eternal jp…

D/D, Staff Elementalist

in In-game Events

Posted by: fab.3298

fab.3298

No repair station…

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

in In-game Events

Posted by: Rhongomyniad.5081

Rhongomyniad.5081

That round V .. what a slugfest right to the end!

in In-game Events

Posted by: MartyPartys.9187

MartyPartys.9187

From spectating a GvG I can say that spectating a GvG in the new arena is terrible, it feels that you are always too far away to see what’s going on, even when you are standing on the top. It just looks like a mess, just tags moving around.

Then again, I encourage everyone to use this arena, even though it might not be as you expected. Anet has done something for the community, let’s be grateful. They have put time and effort in it and if we don’t use it they won’t see the point in helping us again. If we do use it and they see that the map is used often enough they will probably start working on an actual GvG system.

in In-game Events

Evalana.5480

That round V .. what a slugfest right to the end!

lol yea that’s the round i was insta-moa’d and dead in like a second right on the first push…. they were all in tonics and i didn’t notice the cast until it was too late…

Very good fights!

(edited by Evalana.5480)

in In-game Events

Posted by: Grotesque.6480

Grotesque.6480

[EXG] vs [PunK]

Final Score: 5 – 0

http://youtu.be/QG0_KHR_XHc

Team Aggression [TA]

in In-game Events

Grotesque.6480

[EXG] vs [DFC]

Final Score: 5 – 4

http://youtu.be/hvGLPvvEx-4

Team Aggression [TA]

in In-game Events

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

So are we going to start using the Gw2GvG site again now that the arena is added? I was actually trying to use it a minute ago and couldn’t figure out how to challenge people outside of the “suggested challenges.”

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in In-game Events

Grotesque.6480

Does the site actually update? It still shows we have played 2 matches only :x

Team Aggression [TA]

in In-game Events

Drigan.7382

So are we going to start using the Gw2GvG site again now that the arena is added? I was actually trying to use it a minute ago and couldn’t figure out how to challenge people outside of the “suggested challenges.”

Yeah, use it. I think it’d make things more publicly competitive again if more guilds use it. I think there’s some bugs with it, but the suggested challenges list all the guilds that are registered in your matchup, and it doesn’t like it when you try to challenge a guild outside of the servers you’re fighting.

Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]

in In-game Events

ParaldaWind.4523

Yeah, use it. I think it’d make things more publicly competitive again if more guilds use it. I think there’s some bugs with it, but the suggested challenges list all the guilds that are registered in your matchup, and it doesn’t like it when you try to challenge a guild outside of the servers you’re fighting.

Not all of the guilds in my matchup have registered the correct server, because they move often.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]

in In-game Events

Ogre.1750

Not a lot of activity.. or am i missing something? Underwhelming :/

in In-game Events

Posted by: adoslaw.7091

adoslaw.7091

TUP vs INC yesterday
TUP vs GD today
http://www.twitch.tv/quenoztv

Aurora Glade Invader [UNTY]

in In-game Events

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

VII will be fighting WBC, GD and INC this week

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

in In-game Events

Posted by: Emixam.6834

Emixam.6834

People just don’t post their matches here anymore.

Farshiverpeaks [SOUL]
One of the Leaders

in In-game Events

Hipster.1264

Actually there is quite a bit activity going on, but like mentioned before- many guilds don’t post it… it’s hard to view the interesting matches or the newcomers.
Hope it changes over time- at least send ogre the vods and stuff. It’s always good for your guilds to be presented there =)

Mirajane Grauwind Necro

in In-game Events

ParaldaWind.4523

There’s been a bit of activity so far.

Agg vs PYRO tomorrow.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]

in In-game Events

Ogre.1750

Just saw TUP vs GD… ok seems things slowly roll, but oddly we are very underground again? Guess I’ll have to dig deep and ask the locals, kitten ..

I am guessing and feeling a slight shift in the meta, maybe im just imagining things but i see more focus and counters. Also guilds have to get used to the new terrain and get creative, there are new possibilities to explore, but old hill meta is dead there.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

The only close fight we had on TUP vs GD was the 1st inofficial round we had. You should watch that if you didnt see.

~ Gandara

in In-game Events

Grotesque.6480

EXG is back to the lab the upcoming 2 weeks. We’ll be back though!

Team Aggression [TA]

in In-game Events

Ogre.1750

Material keeps pilling up.. little birds speak… its loking good for the next episode.

in In-game Events

Drigan.7382

HOPE’s past four GvG’s including tonight’s against [DR]:

W – 20v20 HOPE vs DIE (EB) 4-0
W – 15v15 HOPE vs Crit (DB) 8-0
W – 15v15 HOPE vs TB (DB) 5-0
W – 15v15 HOPE vs DR (SBI) 6-0

Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]

in In-game Events

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

Agg vs PYRO 12/4/13

Serane missed the 1st round

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

in In-game Events

Posted by: Seuche.4809

Seuche.4809

Bloody Baal – Disturbed Squad [DISS]
Riverside
WvW Rank 3000+

in In-game Events

Posted by: Equinox.4195

Equinox.4195

Nah, you’re not really missing anything. Seems some guilds are still hesitant, if not completely opposed, to GvGing again for whatever reasons they may have.

Even some scrimmages would be nice to see. If guilds need to train new blood, give them real experience. Nothing is more valuable.

Equinox the Undying – Thug Necromancer
http://www.youtube.com/EPEquinox

in In-game Events

Evalana.5480

Agg vs PYRO 12/4/13

Serane missed the 1st round

That 1st round seemed to be pretty epic too from the spectator pov, but I logged off for the night about 4-5 mins in. Nice video.

in In-game Events

Evalana.5480

While I was away last night Arkham brought home 2 wins.

Ark 7 – STUN 0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-lNUyvGQlQ&feature=youtu.be
Ark 4 – EP 0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4eg4J7Y_rQ&feature=youtu.be

(edited by Evalana.5480)

in In-game Events

Posted by: nothing.7941

nothing.7941

Lots of negativity about the arena here, I disagree with it, I think it’s great. Vids from that high platform provide an interesting new perspective. Borlis Brawlers had 2 gvg’s there this week, everyone loved it. And we are using gw2gvg for official matches anytime out opponents agree to it. A lot of guilds still are not registered there.

Martin Firestorm, Borlis Pass
Gaile Gray wrote:
Oh wait, read Martin Firestorm, he says it better…

in In-game Events

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

Os vs CNB

Better late than never.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in In-game Events

Posted by: ethier.3417

ethier.3417

It’s a lot more active now.
Just people not posting/updating GW2GVG, which is sad. As for VcY we’ve just had skrims since the new Arena came in.
One v [SvD] of fort ranik which ended with something like 7-0 to us and a Skrimm with [Mya] that ended 3-3 http://www.twitch.tv/mereti/c/3347105

I atually enjoy the new arena, from a range perspective, It gives fights more width and depth and doesn’t funnel the play into a small area which was more favourable to compact mele trains, due to the lack of room.

There are a few people griefing sadly, But should see it die down after a couple more weeks. Hopefully guilds will start posting more official fights on gw2gvg now.

Ethier 80 Necro Callous Philosophy [LaG]

in In-game Events

Emixam.6834

There’s a kitten tons of guilds that don’t exist anymore and just sit there in gw2gvg. Is there anyway to sort it out ? It would help to have updated lists and not try and mail non existing guilds…

Farshiverpeaks [SOUL]
One of the Leaders

in In-game Events

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

There’s a kitten tons of guilds that don’t exist anymore and just sit there in gw2gvg. Is there anyway to sort it out ? It would help to have updated lists and not try and mail non existing guilds…

How about color coding. Green name = active within 1-2 weeks, yellow active within the last month, red inactive for 1 month or longer.

I’m assuming you just want to know which guilds on which server to challenge, so that might help a bit.

in In-game Events

Grotesque.6480

@Marty – send you a PM the other day with regards to the website. Make sure to check it mate

Team Aggression [TA]

in In-game Events

Emixam.6834

Colours might work, anything that can help you identifying non-existing guilds. Sometimes on servers there are like 10 guilds and 1 active…
I mean if we want bit more activity there, some changes wouldn’t hurt ;D

Farshiverpeaks [SOUL]
One of the Leaders

(edited by Emixam.6834)

in In-game Events

Ogre.1750

Rendering ep 11 as i write this, will upload later today.

in In-game Events

Hipster.1264

great, can’t wait!

Mirajane Grauwind Necro