Precursor, 300, 800,1540 now 1850g

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

This is funny how people compare a game item to real life luxury lol. Do you really have to justify the RNG in game by comparing your item to a real life luxury? Just because you compare a legendary to Lambo/Ferrari don’t even think for one second that is true. Legendaries are meant to be achieved by gamers while luxurious cars target different customers. Unless legendaries suddenly become available only by real life currency, please don’t make such ridiculous comparison

Please tell me where it says that all players are Entitled to a Legendary? Just because all players are capable of getting one, doesn’t mean they all deserve one.

I never said they are “entitled” Please do quote me on that usage of vocabulary. I said they should be achievable, which could mean from RNG to crafted/hunted. RNG is not a measure of skill or knowledge of this game. Players who have been playing this game for many hours are still hindered and crippled by RNG system. I’m not asking for “entitled” legendary. I’m simply saying that there should be another way to acquire 1/4 of legendary other than RNG.

You implied it when you scoffed at the notion that a Legendary is not a Luxury.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

This is funny how people compare a game item to real life luxury lol. Do you really have to justify the RNG in game by comparing your item to a real life luxury? Just because you compare a legendary to Lambo/Ferrari don’t even think for one second that is true. Legendaries are meant to be achieved by gamers while luxurious cars target different customers. Unless legendaries suddenly become available only by real life currency, please don’t make such ridiculous comparison

Please tell me where it says that all players are Entitled to a Legendary? Just because all players are capable of getting one, doesn’t mean they all deserve one.

I never said they are “entitled” Please do quote me on that usage of vocabulary. I said they should be achievable, which could mean from RNG to crafted/hunted. RNG is not a measure of skill or knowledge of this game. Players who have been playing this game for many hours are still hindered and crippled by RNG system. I’m not asking for “entitled” legendary. I’m simply saying that there should be another way to acquire 1/4 of legendary other than RNG.

Because a Legendary isn’t a luxury? I fail to see how a Legendary can be a luxury when you compare it to Lambo and Ferrari. I also don’t see how you thought that I was going for “entitled” legendary when I only wanted to discuss how anet has been breaking their words about creating other ways to acquire precursor and refuse to intervene when its about precursors.

Tour

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

And no, the legendary weapons are not luxury cars…

Legendary weapons are, it’s magic: “Legendary weapons”. You know? Being a hero, explore the world, killing people in the mists, explore dungeons and other’s…

Legendaries are Magical LUXURY weapons.

That some people luck into half off coupons

I’m still curious to see what will happen with craftable precursors, will they have all precursors cost the same to make? Will that cause dusk/zap/dawn/legend to balance out down closer to Storm/Bard/Chosen/Lover etc?

(edited by Jerus.4350)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

Because a Legendary isn’t a luxury? I fail to see how a Legendary can be a luxury when you compare it to Lambo and Ferrari. I also don’t see how you thought that I was going for “entitled” legendary when I only wanted to discuss how anet has been breaking their words about creating other ways to acquire precursor and refuse to intervene when its about precursors.

Because it is? A luxury good in real life is like a Lamborghini, or a Gucci purse. You don’t need it, but it commands status. In GW2, a luxury item is a Legendary weapon, or a Tormented skin.

In 2012, Colin referred to Legendary weapons as “Prestige gear”. It goes hand in hand with the idea that Legendary weapons are carrots on a very long stick. If you choose to get one, that’s your choice. And when you do get one, your character suddenly stands out in the crowd.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

The concept of Legendary Weapon’s is: “Working hard to get ingredient, sooner or later.” Even if you put 6 months 1 year or 2. It is guaranteed, sooner or later, you get the ingredient.

Everyone has guaranteed to have sooner or later, an ingredient that has a price (extreme) increases again again and again? No, no guarantee, nothing.

That still applies to the precursor and that’s why this argument is stupid. The mats you collected to craft the legendary are worth MORE than the precursor. If you can get the legendary mats, NOTHING is preventing you from earning the gold to get a precursor.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zoxea.9564

Zoxea.9564

“Prestige = Luxe”

Made my day

@Below: A prestigious school, for example, is not a school of luxury… :rolleyes:

Now, if you have nothing more to add, except flooder and be hysterical, i advise you to go your way and let people meet without their messages either drowned in a torrent of silly things…

(edited by Zoxea.9564)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

“Prestige = Luxe”

Made my day

I’m glad you understand this.

in Black Lion Trading Co

TheFamster.7806

Because it is? A luxury good in real life is like a Lamborghini, or a Gucci purse. You don’t need it, but it commands status. In GW2, a luxury item is a Legendary weapon, or a Tormented skin.

In 2012, Colin referred to Legendary weapons as “Prestige gear”. It goes hand in hand with the idea that Legendary weapons are carrots on a very long stick. If you choose to get one, that’s your choice. And when you do get one, your character suddenly stands out in the crowd.

Legendary weapons are carrots on a very long stick but do you obtain luxury by RNG? Or do you work for it? And the difference between legendary weapons and luxury is that for latter, you either live in it or you don’t. Unlike legendary weapons which were meant to be “work” towards. And even if you decide to buy those luxury items, there are no RNG parts involved in acquisition methods. You pay money for what you get, unlike precursors which is 1/4 of the entire Legendary Recipe.

Tour

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

Legendary weapons are carrots on a very long stick but do you obtain luxury by RNG? Or do you work for it? And the difference between legendary weapons and luxury is that for latter, you either live in it or you don’t. Unlike legendary weapons which were meant to be “work” towards. And even if you decide to buy those luxury items, there are no RNG parts involved in acquisition methods. You pay money for what you get, unlike precursors which is 1/4 of the entire Legendary Recipe.

Um, you realize that you can buy Precursors, right? I’ve sold many in my day, so I know for a fact that people buy them.

Precursors are luxury items too.

in Black Lion Trading Co

TheFamster.7806

Um, you realize that you can buy Precursors, right? I’ve sold many in my day, so I know for a fact that people buy them.

Precursors are luxury items too.

Umm you do realize when you work towards something it isn’t RNG? For instance your paycheck which can be used to buy luxury isn’t RNG. And Car engine components also aren’t RNG. When you build/work towards something, you don’t expect heavy RNG components unlike gw2

Tour

(edited by TheFamster.7806)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

Or how can you explain that some people can get 100 legendaries and the most not even one?

That’s easy … someone worked to get 100 legendaries … someone else didn’t do enough to even get one. That’s not an economy problem and if anything, your example illustrates this beautifully … A working economy does indeed separate 100 legendary people from zero legendary people, AS INTENDED.

While people can argue the legendary system doesn’t work, that’s not indicative of how the economy as a whole DOES work. Again, I think it’s worth noting that as much as ignorant people consider the economy to be broken, the way it works is intended and confirmed as such by the experts at the helm of it at Anet.

Except that it is NOT AN ISOLATED economy. The GW2 economy is connected to the real world economy by way of the gem store because people can always convert real money to gold Rich people out in the real world, can move some of their wealth over and still be rich in GW2 without investing too much in terms of playing time.

Having legendaries doesn’t prove that you are a better player. It just means you are richer in the game.

Lol… No.

Lol…if you think that having legendaries implies that you are a better player then you really have not heard of the gem-gold currency conversion or playing the TP for gold.

If having more gold is your definition of “win”, then we can compete as to who holds the most gold if real money is allowed into the competition.

(edited by DarkSpirit.7046)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Obtena.7952

Umm you do realize when you work towards something it isn’t RNG? For instance your paycheck which can be used to buy luxury isn’t RNG. And Car engine components also aren’t RNG. When you build/work towards something, you don’t expect heavy RNG components unlike gw2

This is not the full truth … precursor is only RNG if you decide to obtain it through forging. If you want to work towards precursor and not be RNG’ed, you don’t have to, Your argument addressed.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

Ummm, what does any of what you said have to do with a Legendary not being a luxury? Anyways, to help, allow me to repost the following:

Luxury: a condition or situation of great comfort, ease, and wealth; something that is expensive and not necessary; something that is helpful or welcome and that is not usually or always available

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/luxury

Pay close attention to the second and last part of the definition. I’ll bold it for you to point them out.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Or how can you explain that some people can get 100 legendaries and the most not even one?

That’s easy … someone worked to get 100 legendaries … someone else didn’t do enough to even get one. That’s not an economy problem and if anything, your example illustrates this beautifully … A working economy does indeed separate 100 legendary people from zero legendary people, AS INTENDED.

While people can argue the legendary system doesn’t work, that’s not indicative of how the economy as a whole DOES work. Again, I think it’s worth noting that as much as ignorant people consider the economy to be broken, the way it works is intended and confirmed as such by the experts at the helm of it at Anet.

Except that it is NOT AN ISOLATED economy. The GW2 economy is connected to the real world economy by way of the gem store because people can always convert real money to gold Rich people out in the real world, can move some of their wealth over and still be rich in GW2 without investing too much in terms of playing time.

Having legendaries doesn’t prove that you are a better player. It just means you are richer in the game.

Lol… No.

Lol…if you think that having legendaries implies that you are a better player then you really have not heard of the gem-gold currency conversion or playing the TP for gold.

If having more gold is your definition of “win”, then we can compete as to who holds the most gold if real money is allowed into the competition.

My comment was actually to your first part which was too ridiculous to address.

in Black Lion Trading Co

TheFamster.7806

This is not the full truth … precursor is only RNG if you decide to obtain it through forging. If you want to work towards precursor and not be RNG’ed, you don’t have to, Your argument addressed. [/quote]

Precursors still exist only as forged/drops, so they are RNG nonetheless. Any player that obtained the precursor was affected by RNG, so precursors are RNG except that they can be traded

Tour

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarkSpirit.7046

Lol… No.

My first part is connected to my second part so my entire would not make sense without them.

My proposal of a competition is meant to illustrate just how silly defining “having more gold” as a “win” in this game is.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Obtena.7952

Any player that obtained the precursor was affected by RNG, so precursors are RNG except that they can be traded

If that’s your argument, then RNG affects LOTS of mats you use to craft everything so it’s nonsense to argue that stuff shouldn’t be RNG because you ‘work for it’. If anything your expectation SHOULD be RNG, not the opposite.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Black Lion Trading Co

TheFamster.7806

Ummm, what does any of what you said have to do with a Legendary not being a luxury? Anyways, to help, allow me to repost the following:

Luxury: a condition or situation of great comfort, ease, and wealth; something that is expensive and not necessary; something that is helpful or welcome and that is not usually or always available

Pay close attention to the second and last part of the definition. I’ll bold it for you to point them out.

By that definition even exotic gears are luxury for this game so your point is still moot. Everything can be done even with white gears so then why do we even bother obtaining exotic gears at all? While we have different perspective of Legendary weapons (you think its luxury, I think its an end game content/achievement), there is no denying that excessive RNG does not comply with gw2 market anymore, especially when we were introduced the blade shard vendor and Lyssa recipe fiasco. Even anet had to patch RNG for CP/QG events, and I don’t see why they can’t do this for precursors.

Tour

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Snip
Because of that, I’ve accepted I won’t be having even one Legendary
Snip

If you just want a Legendary to have a Legendary then there are at least 3 precursors priced at 80 to 90 gold. Rodgort’s Flame, Rage and Venom. Carcharias is currently about 120 (buy) to 145 (sell). If you don’t have your heart set on one of the high priced ones, a precursor is definitely within reach.

(Shrug) it’s what I did. There wasn’t a Legendary I particularly wanted but when I saw how cheap Rodgort’s Flame was I decided to get it anyway.

You could always make the Legendary from the cheap precursor, sell it and use those funds to go toward a precursor for one you really want.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ayrilana.1396

Lol… No.

My first part is connected to my second part so my entire would not make sense without them.

My proposal of a competition is meant to illustrate just how silly defining “having more gold” as a “win” in this game is.

Your point? Doesn’t change the fact that I was still just referring to your first part of the post. You instead applied it to half of your statement in the second half which I wasn’t referring to.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

By that definition even exotic gears are luxury for this game

Try again. Exotics are affordable, while Precursors and Legendaries are not. It’s like the difference between a Toyota and a Lamborghini. You need to read the bolded parts I pointed out to you. I’ll post the definition again for clarify.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

actually legendaries are meant to be an endgame pursuit, its not a luxury. it actually (was) a long term goal. They were supposed to show game mastery, they were supposed to be an achievement, a prestige item.

around 7 minutes they talk about legendaries, and how they are end game goals, prestige items.

You guys are mistaken in the assumption that legendaries are supposed to primarily be something for rich people to buy, it supposed to be a merit based goal, though i think we can say now, that its kind of far from that.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

You guys are mistaken in the assumption that legendaries are supposed to primarily be something for rich people to buy, it supposed to be a merit based goal, though i think we can say now, that its kind of far from that.

Merit based goal that’s inherently expensive and unnecessary.

Luxury items:

• Precursors
  • Legendaries
  • BL Ticket skins
  • My wife’s Coach purse and matching boots
  • My Gucci hat

in Black Lion Trading Co

phys.7689

Luxury items:

• Precursors
  • Legendaries
  • BL Ticket skins
  • My Gucci hat

something merit based isnt a luxury, its supposed to be an achievement. Like winning a pulitzer prize, or designing a building in NYC if your an architecht.

to be honest when they made legendaries they had no idea they would cost this much for a precursor. (which they kind of should have known) this is why at one point they said they were a bit too expensive and they would watch it. (this was when it was like what 300 gold?)

many things didnt go exactly as they may have thought. Some things should theoretically be baking as we speak. But legendary was not supposed to be your gucci hat. Thats supposed to be the gem store stuff.

I honestly think they need some items that would fall more in line with luxuries, marketed and designed to be gold focused rewards/endeavors. Treasure goblin back packs that drop money. golden pistols that shoot coins. Extravagant housing (if they ever add housing) but legendaries werent meant to fill that role.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarkSpirit.7046

Lol… No.

Your point? Doesn’t change the fact that I was still just referring to your first part of the post. You instead applied it to half of your statement in the second half which I wasn’t referring to.

Perhaps you need to read again if you don’t understand what I am saying. If you don’t agree with either the first or second part, I can always provide proof through competition. Like I have said, it is not an isolated economy and I am ready to prove that.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

Luxury items:

• Precursors
  • Legendaries
  • BL Ticket skins
  • My Gucci hat

something merit based isnt a luxury, its supposed to be an achievement. Like winning a pulitzer prize, or designing a building in NYC if your an architecht.

to be honest when they made legendaries they had no idea they would cost this much for a precursor. (which they kind of should have known) this is why at one point they said they were a bit too expensive and they would watch it. (this was when it was like what 300 gold?)

many things didnt go exactly as they may have thought. Some things should theoretically be baking as we speak. But legendary was not supposed to be your gucci hat. Thats supposed to be the gem store stuff.

I honestly think they need some items that would fall more in line with luxuries, marketed and designed to be gold focused rewards/endeavors. Treasure goblin back packs that drop money. golden pistols that shoot coins. Extravagant housing (if they ever add housing) but legendaries werent meant to fill that role.

It’s an initial achievement that can be sold on the TP , thus making it a luxury good. And you can’t make a Legendary without a Precursor, which is also a luxury good.

Edit – Colin might not have anticipated the costs, but I’m sure John did.

Edit 2 – If Legendaries were Account Bound upon crafting, then your argument might hold more water. But even then, I could also argue that it’s a luxury achievement.

(edited by Smooth Penguin.5294)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Snip
Snip

If you just want a Legendary to have a Legendary then there are at least 3 precursors priced at 80 to 90 gold. Rodgort’s Flame, Rage and Venom. Carcharias is currently about 120 (buy) to 145 (sell). If you don’t have your heart set on one of the high priced ones, a precursor is definitely within reach.

(Shrug) it’s what I did. There wasn’t a Legendary I particularly wanted but when I saw how cheap Rodgort’s Flame was I decided to get it anyway.

You could always make the Legendary from the cheap precursor, sell it and use those funds to go toward a precursor for one you really want.

This is smart.

For someone who’ve collected all the materials but missing the precursor, this is actually a way out. Buy a cheap precursor and craft a legendary, sell it and buy the desired precursor first. Don’t worry about T6 cost as Laurel will take care of it in a long run. Once getting the precursor, only globs, lodestone price matters.

I am probably the poorest legendary user. My acc highest gold amount is never over 202 gold, mostly of my play time i have below 100 gold. Usually i am able to finish my daily and i am done for the day. Even if i have the time, i only run AC P1 and 3. I gave up almost all ascended trinket in order to save up laurel for T6, there are about 1200 T6 mats are from laurel. It took me about 6~7 months of time to craft a legendary after i gain my precursor.

So for someone who are able to gain more gold than me, you are definitely able to buy a cheap precursor, craft a legendary and sell it, so you can buy the desired precursor. Once you bought the precursor, it is only a matter of time to get to your dream.

in Black Lion Trading Co

phys.7689

Luxury items:

• Precursors
  • Legendaries
  • BL Ticket skins
  • My Gucci hat

It’s an initial achievement that can be sold on the TP , thus making it a luxury good. And you can’t make a Legendary without a Precursor, which is also a luxury good.

Edit – Colin might not have anticipated the costs, but I’m sure John did.

Edit 2 – If Legendaries were Account Bound upon crafting, then your argument might hold more water. But even then, I could also argue that it’s a luxury achievement.

did you watch the video i linked where they talk about legendaries as endgame goals that were supposed to show your mastery of the game, and as prestige items? by the two head designers of the game?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ayrilana.1396

Here’s a long, pointless explanation. Everyone else feel free to skip this post to spare yourself.

Perhaps you need to read again if you don’t understand what I am saying. If you don’t agree with either the first or second part, I can always provide proof through competition. Like I have said, it is not an isolated economy and I am ready to prove that.

Alright fine. I’ll break down your post since you don’t even know what you said.

The first paragraph is you stating that the GW2 economy is connected to the real world economy via the gem shop because people will buy gems and convert to gold. You then go on about how rich people in the real world can buy gold without having to spend much time in GW2.

The first sentence of the second paragraph you state that having a legendaries does not mean that you’re a better player. This has nothing to do with your first paragraph. Rich people buying gems to convert to gold is not the only way to acquire legendaries. One can also make the argument that acquiring legendaries by drops alone doesn’t require skill either. So obviously this means that your second part is not the same as the first part and are two separate arguments.

I then post “Lol… no.” because I found your first part ridiculous. You know, the part about the GW2 economy being tied to the real world economy via the gem store.

You then post:

I was laughing about the ridiculousness of the first part but you immediately inferred that I was referring to the first sentence of the second part, which I wasn’t. When I clarified this to you, you stated the following:

Again, I was laughing about the ridiculousness of the first part. You saying that my “Lol…no.” comment can only refer to your comment that legendaries require skill and not to the first part, as I had intended, is completely illogical. You cannot cherry pick which part of your argument that I can comment about.

It does not matter that you stated that legendaries do not require skill nor that it’s part of your entire post/argument. I can comment about about whatever part that I find to be ridiculous and don’t agree with.

I can make the following post:

The world is flat.

We all live in this world

You then “Lol..no.” my post and then I respond by saying “What’s you don’t think we live in this world?”. You then say “I was commenting about your first part.” I’ll then say “Well both parts are part of my argument so you can’t make an argument about either part separately.”

Do you see how wrong you are to tell me what I can and can’t argue against and how asinine it is for me to have to breakdown everything to explain it to you? I was commenting about your first part. You applied it to the second part. I said no I was referring to the first part. You said no, I can only comment about both parts even though you have the option to apply what I said to the second part.

Ridiculous. Just ridiculous.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarkSpirit.7046

Here’s a long, pointless explanation. Everyone else feel free to skip this post to spare yourself.

Alright fine. I’ll break down your post since you don’t even know what you said.

The first paragraph is you stating that the GW2 economy is connected to the real world economy via the gem shop because people will buy gems and convert to gold. You then go on about how rich people in the real world can buy gold without having to spend much time in GW2.

The first sentence of the second paragraph you state that having a legendaries does not mean that you’re a better player. This has nothing to do with your first paragraph. Rich people buying gems to convert to gold is not the only way to acquire legendaries. One can also make the argument that acquiring legendaries by drops alone doesn’t require skill either. So obviously this means that your second part is not the same as the first part and are two separate arguments.

I then post “Lol… no.” because I found your first part ridiculous. You know, the part about the GW2 economy being tied to the real world economy via the gem store.

You then post:

I was laughing about the ridiculousness of the first part but you immediately inferred that I was referring to the first sentence of the second part, which I wasn’t. When I clarified this to you, you stated the following:

Again, I was laughing about the ridiculousness of the first part. You saying that my “Lol…no.” comment can only refer to your comment that legendaries require skill and not to the first part, as I had intended, is completely illogical. You cannot cherry pick which part of your argument that I can comment about.

It does not matter that you stated that legendaries do not require skill nor that it’s part of your entire post/argument. I can comment about about whatever part that I find to be ridiculous and don’t agree with.

I can make the following post:

The world is flat.

We all live in this world

You then “Lol..no.” my post and then I respond by saying “What’s you don’t think we live in this world?”. You then say “I was commenting about your first part.” I’ll then say “Well both parts are part of my argument so you can’t make an argument about either part separately.”

Do you see how wrong you are to tell me what I can and can’t argue against and how asinine it is for me to have to breakdown everything to explain it to you? I was commenting about your first part. You applied it to the second part. I said no I was referring to the first part. You said no, I can only comment about both parts even though you have the option to apply what I said to the second part.

Ridiculous. Just ridiculous.

Like I have said, if you don’t agree with my first part that the amount gold in this game can be influenced by real world riches, then why don’t you take up my challenge to prove it to you?

You can lol and try to argue with words all you want, but the fact remains that I can prove my point through action and you can’t.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Gold you get from selling gems is gold paid into the exchange for gems and thus was from the game’s economy in the first place (except for the gold the exchange was seeded with on day one). Therefore the buying of gold has no impact to the game’s economy.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ayrilana.1396

Oh you beat me to it. I was going to post John’s quote on how the gem<->gold conversions work.

@DarkSpirt; You failed to understand what I was asking. That logical fallacy was created by you misinterpreting what I was asking by the way. Both questions were essentially the same asking to show how it was impacting the economy. I was challenging you because I had a feeling you did not know how the gem<->gold conversions worked.

There seems to be some confusion:
The currency exchange has a supply of Gems and Gold.

If players are converting Gold to Gems, then the Amount of Gold player will receive for their gems goes up.
If players are converting Gems to Gold, then the amount of Gems players receive for Gold goes up.

The exchange rate changes based on the scarcity of each supply. You cannot inflate it, it’s an exchange rate. As players purchase in one direction, it entices purchases in the other direction.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

Snip
Snip

That’s a pretty good idea. Maybe I’ll have to look into that. I probably have enough money to make a crappy Legendary at decent cost to make a profit in the long run.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: AGGabriel.9230

AGGabriel.9230

Sadly precursors and legendary will be only for the rich and the devs will get there wish making them exclusive items

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Sadly precursors and legendary will be only for the rich and the devs will get there wish making them exclusive items

Kittenlitter… I got a precursor drop – Dusk no less – and had less than 1 gold at the time. If I wanted to create a Legendary it would have been relatively easy to farm/buy mats for a few months and I’d have Twilight. Instead I sold it and used the money to level and gear several alts, gave some gold to my wife for her toons, stuff like that.

Random drops do happen, and can happen to anyone who plays the game. One drop can put you on the path to a Legendary or turn a “poor” player into a rich one.

in Black Lion Trading Co

phys.7689

Kittenlitter… I got a precursor drop – Dusk no less – and had less than 1 gold at the time. If I wanted to create a Legendary it would have been relatively easy to farm/buy mats for a few months and I’d have Twilight. Instead I sold it and used the money to level and gear several alts, gave some gold to my wife for her toons, stuff like that.

Random drops do happen, and can happen to anyone who plays the game. One drop can put you on the path to a Legendary or turn a “poor” player into a rich one.

random luck is random luck. Out of the 6 players i used to play closely with, all having clocked 1000-3000 hours, one person got a precursor drop from monsters, and it was a rage.

So regardless, no one should be counting on, or expecting a precursor to drop from normal gameplay imo.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Snip
Snip

That’s a pretty good idea. Maybe I’ll have to look into that. I probably have enough money to make a crappy Legendary at decent cost to make a profit in the long run.

Before heading down this path I strongly advise you to do careful research.

Last week I pulled Leaf of Kudzu out of the forge.
All I need to craft Kudzu are the icy runestones, a bloodstone shard, around 20 piles of crystalline dust, and to buy the recipes for gifts of wood and nature, and run TA dungeon around 5-6 times for the tokens. I have all the other mats.

However I decided to check the value of all the mats compared to the sell/buy offers for Kudzu on the TP. I was quite surprised with the results …

I will break this down for you as follows (prices from 22/07/2014):

Gift of Mastry: 50 silver, but a shed load of karma and skill points and some BoH
Gift of Fortune: 1052g (TP lowest sell); 1005g (TP lowest buy)
Gift of Kudzu: 845g (TP lowest sell); 813g (TP lowest buy)

So, these add up to 1898g (TP lowest sell); 1818g (TP lowest buy)

Leaf of Kudzu: 730g (TP lowest sell); 710g (TP lowest buy)

Kudzu: 2700g (TP lowest sell); 2350g (TP lowest buy)

Now for the interesting part ..

I consider the value of the mats based on their lowest sell offer.
So if I craft Kudzu then sell it to the lowest buy offer, subtracting the 15% TP ‘tax’, I will loose 20g based on the value of the mats!

Even if I considered the highest buy offers for the value of the mats, I would make only around 20g.

listing Kudzu at, or close to, the current lowest sell offer, would net me around 300g, or10% profit, which is a terrible RoI, and take much longer to sell.

My advice, check before crafting, particularly if you are looking for a quick financial turn-around though selling a legendary to the lowest buy offer. You would be better off selling all the mats at or close to current sell offers, then using that gold to buy the precursor you want

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Anet’s going to eventually introduce Precursor crafting on patch day without telling anyone, making all those precursor hoarding trading post barons scramble to sell off the precursors they got to get any kind of profit. The economy is going to crash, making precursors cost less than 100 gold again, and when that happens, I’m probably going to spend an entire day just /laughing at anyone in-game who complains about the price drop.

in Black Lion Trading Co

phys.7689

Anet’s going to eventually introduce Precursor crafting on patch day without telling anyone, making all those precursor hoarding trading post barons scramble to sell off the precursors they got to get any kind of profit. The economy is going to crash, making precursors cost less than 100 gold again, and when that happens, I’m probably going to spend an entire day just /laughing at anyone in-game who complains about the price drop.

there will probably be some pushback, but most likely whatever type of work required/time gate or whatever will likely be high enough that the current prices arent that bad.

However, people will have a choice, and will be able to work towards it (depending on design) So might be an initial sell off, but it would probably still be pretty expensive. Prices will probably normalize a bit, with super expensive ones going slightly down, and other ones staying the same.

But its all just guess work at this point

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

Looks like it’s not only rising in price because of gold inflation but also a change in supply. If you look at Storm (http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/29176) you can see how the supply slowly drained. Last month the supply of scepter precursors was still at 25 and within the last week it went from 12 to 1. Because of that decrease in supply the price has increased from 650g to 999g.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Obtena.7952

If precursors do get ninja-introduced, none of that will happen because people are under the false expectation that crafting a precursor will be something that is easier than how precursors are made right now. If anything, I’m going to save up for the few fools that do dump their precursors because of crafting.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ayrilana.1396

Looks like it’s not only rising in price because of gold inflation but also a change in supply. If you look at Storm (http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/29176) you can see how the supply slowly drained. Last month the supply of scepter precursors was still at 25 and within the last week it went from 12 to 1. Because of that decrease in supply the price has increased from 650g to 999g.

No. Gw2spidy does not show transactions. What you’re not seeing is how many precursors are sold.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Dusk-2000g/first#post4048636

This was over two days.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

If precursors do get ninja-introduced

When precursor crafting get introduced there will be nothing ninja about it. A ninja moves fast, and comes suddenly when you don’t expect it. This is more like a massive steam-engine freight train with giant bells on it that is roaring its way across every part of this forum, stopping in every thread before it finally enters the Tyria’s Central Station, where a crowd has been holding giant WELCOME signs for so long they’ve become local weight-lifting champions.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

No. Gw2spidy does not show transactions. What you’re not seeing is how many precursors are sold.

This was over two days.

Not sure what point you’re trying to make. I know there is no source for transactions. That doesn’t take away the fact that the supply has decreased for Storm though. This has influenced the current price in gold.

The question we can’t answer is how this has happened. It is likely caused by someone who bought up all the Storm precursors. Although it could also be because of multiple unique sellers cancelling their sell listing. Although I doubt they would do that as they would lose out on their listing fee. It could also be the case that the game hasn’t dropped any Storm lately and therefore no new supply could be added.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ayrilana.1396

This was over two days.

Not sure what point you’re trying to make. I know there is no source for transactions. That doesn’t take away the fact that the supply has decreased for Storm though. This has influenced the current price in gold.

The question we can’t answer is how this has happened. It is likely caused by someone who bought up all the Storm precursors. Although it could also be because of multiple unique sellers cancelling their sell listing. Although I doubt they would do that as they would lose out on their listing fee. It could also be the case that the game hasn’t dropped any Storm lately and therefore no new supply could be added.

You didn’t read the dev’s posts in that link, did you? The point is that a lot of precursors hit the market and the supply count you see on gw2spidy is not the true supply. Precursors are obtained and sold more frequently than you think.

I have 100 oranges at the beginning of the day. I sold 150 oranges. At the end of the day I have 25 oranges. How many oranges did I have over the course of the day? Apply that to precursors.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

I wish people would stop using GW2Spidy to illustrate short term change, it’s sampling rate of the market is infrequent where gw2tp.com’s is every 5 minutes or so. Look at the day chart.

http://www.gw2tp.com/item/29176-storm

Storm’s supply dropped to 0 for about 3 hours which allows the first seller to set a new price point. And like the 2000g Dusk, in a day or three we should see prices drop off considerably from this 300g hike. It’s already down to 900g with a supply of 4.

Considering bids are up by 50-60g now I don’t expect the price do drop much below 750g in the next two to three days. The high price might shake a few more Storms loose from stockpiles but the rate of new supply is low enough that the price won’t be able to correct as quickly as a high supply volume item.

Edit: Also to expand on Ayrilana’s point, with a high price, limited supply item like precursors, the current low sell may only be an indicator of the price it’s not selling at. It’s just the lowest sell price of the current supply on the market.

In reality a lot more are traded at a price below that. Every so often gw2tp.com will catch a precursor priced way below the going rate for one maybe two updates at most only for the price to return to it’s previous “low sell” price. These aren’t even detected on GW2Spidy. The question becomes how many does gw2tp.com miss with it’s 5 minute sampling.

There is a lot of information we don’t see on these third party charts that are simply not available to us. How many are sold in a day? At what prices? These two pieces of information alone could change a lot of people’s beliefs about markets like precursors.

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I’ve gotten multiple Precursors, and each one I didn’t buy. Everything is working as intended. The only thing that’s broken is your assumption that you’re “Entitled” to a Precursor for a low cost. This argument is similar to a Middle Class single dad wanting to buy a Lamborghini, but that car price is “broken”.

Why do you always take things to such extremes and purposefully mischaracterise people and/or their desires?

Because this debate is over the desire of the OP to have a luxury item, my real life example fits perfectly. If you want a Louis Vuitton purse, you have to pay the price. If you want that Lamborghini, you pay the price. If you can’t afford it, either work hard so you can afford it, or seek something else.

There’s an old saying: Live within your means. If you work for $10/hour, don’t expect to be walking around in a Prada suit. But in this game, as with real life, you can if you work hard towards that goal.

Cept Lamborghini’s don’t fall from the sky.

One of the biggest things that bothers people about the pre, is WHY should they pay 1000g to someone who just got lucky.

A better example would be comparing to scratchcards or gambling.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

One of the biggest things that bothers people about the pre, is WHY should they pay 1000g to someone who just got lucky.

Because you and nearly everybody else who wants one wasn’t lucky, that’s why it’s 1000g.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Because you and nearly everybody else who wants one wasn’t lucky, that’s why it’s 1000g.

I don’t care tbh, I’m busy on my ascended crafting.

but the point still stands, people wouldn’t be bothered so much if they could go to npc and hand over 1000g for a pre, it’s paying others your hard in cash because they were lucky.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Obtena.7952

That’s just a personal hang up that jealous people have … and they aren’t going to influence people with that argument.

It’s transparent to the buyer what box you dump your money into. 1000G to the player or the NPC, the result to the buyer is the same.

(edited by Obtena.7952)