CDI- Guilds- Logistics and QOL

in CDI

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

(..)
What are the 3 top QOL features you think Guild Halls could provide that maybe couldn’t exist otherwise? (…)

- sense of progress
- additional sense of belonging to a group (visuals, style)
- undisturbed meeting place

The first two points are if we are able to customize the hall, not if everyone has the same just with a different logo.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in CDI

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Ok time for a third topic.

Guild Halls.

I see this subject come up a lot in this thread and while we can talk about other aspects of Guild Halls at some point, let’s try another exercise.

What are the 3 top QOL features you think Guild Halls could provide that maybe couldn’t exist otherwise? Try not to list features that are beyond QOL, but I won’t hold it against you because its hard to do.

I’m out for the day hiking at Mt. Rainier but will try and return with my own top three later this weekend.

1. Guild members being able donate furtiture (or the funds for doing so).
    This would make players personally invested on the guilds they would donate to, creating a sense of home and strenghtning the feeling of primary guild.
  2. Place for all guild members to meet each other and talk with each other.
    A bit more personal/ intimate than just having a guild chat and nothing else. Also allows for funny events, emotes, etc.
  3. Unique sense of progression by itself.
    Getting halls, unlocking hall features, hall-related gear and acchievements, housing collecting/ customisation…
  4. Zone with tutorial golems.
    Interesting for guild members to share and show off their builds with each other, without being disrupted by other players in the map.

Wait, that’s 4.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

in CDI

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

Guild Halls.

I see this subject come up a lot in this thread and while we can talk about other aspects of Guild Halls at some point, let’s try another exercise.

What are the 3 top QOL features you think Guild Halls could provide that maybe couldn’t exist otherwise? Try not to list features that are beyond QOL, but I won’t hold it against you because its hard to do.

I’m out for the day hiking at Mt. Rainier but will try and return with my own top three later this weekend.

If you think about this question, it is really hard. Everything I want Guild Halls for, I can already do in-game now. It just takes a lot of effort on my part.

1. A meeting place. I already meet in a predetermined area with my guild, but it has to be in a city because I need a spot for all my guild to enter (no level restrictions in the cities). And during the weekends, we’re more likely to be split. It could take up to 10-15 mins to taxi everyone in. We meet up on a regular base to share boons such as banners, trays of food and bonfires, so being in the same instance helps.

2. A way to show pride/unity as a guild. Roughly, 50% of my guild has guild kites, and during guild events we just pop them up and strut like the bosses we are. (60+ active members here :p) Showing our unity to new recruits is the ultimate feeling you can have as a guild. A Guild Hall does just that.

Personally, I’d be content with being able to invite more than my party into a home instance. Maybe a squad gets the prompt to enter the home instance.

Because Guilds Halls aren’t so much for QOL, you could charge gems for them. All the Guild Hall upgrades could also be bought via gems (if you don’t want to do an influence thing) to make the hall more custom.

in CDI

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

Than GW2? I played those games for about a month, tops, I’ve been on this one for two years now, so yeah, definitely “lesser.”

I’ve got bad news then… xD

I would hate any move towards making it so that you choose one thing, and are more or less permanently locked into that choice.

this is the core point that separates RPG fans from action games fans: we want permanent choices that weigh and count, you guys want everything at disposal and and avoid like plague choice/consequence mechanics.
Since this has been sold as mmoRPG, I expect it to turn into it as soon as possible coherently with the expectations.

Because I’m not a mind reader.

just a text reader will be enough

You posited making a tailor guild. You can already do that. You make a guild, you call it something like “Tailors Unite,” and you recruit on the basis that it’s mostly for tailors. Tailors join it, they sew things, it’s a tailor’s guild. Done.

too bad the guilds “Ferocius Jumping Fish”, populated prevalently by quaggan roleplayers who focus on solving jumping puzzles can do exactly the same. So, again, nope it can’t be currently done as the game has not any feature to do so and everything is left to the imagination.

No. No to all of that.

ain’t too soon to enter denial already?

No, you’re getting way too hung up on your personal, history-based definition

I didn’t write those books, I am merely accepting what has been proven by someone else.

t MMO guilds are something else entirely.

…in GW2. ‘cause there are many games in which guilds work as expected, and it would be awesome to have so much fresh good content injected here.
There are aspects of GW2 in which it excels, and there are aspects in which need polishing, then there are those aspects in which it severely lacks: devs aren’t blind and are taking action.

in CDI

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

Guild Halls.

What are the 3 top QOL features

- unique and customizable sense of progression
- fully interactive craftable architecture and furnitures (yeah, you should be given the possibility to actually build the Guild Hall itself, maybe as very long term Guild Mission, crafting statues of most representative members ecc)
- an extremely detailed management system (taxes, expenses, items rental, alliance war funds and so on) I’d probably play this more than I should from my office #^^#

have fun climbing

in CDI

DiogoSilva.7089

Guild Halls.

1. Guild members being able donate furtiture (or the funds for doing so).
    This would make players personally invested on the guilds they would donate to, creating a sense of home and strenghtning the feeling of primary guild.
  2. Place for all guild members to meet each other and talk with each other.
    A bit more personal/ intimate than just having a guild chat and nothing else. Also allows for funny events, emotes, etc.
  3. Unique sense of progression by itself.
    Getting halls, unlocking hall features, hall-related gear and acchievements, housing collecting/ customisation…
  4. Zone with tutorial golems.
    Interesting for guild members to share and show off their builds with each other, without being disrupted by other players in the map.

Wait, that’s 4.

Also want to add that guild housing should not come at the cost of personal/ home instance housing, so it would be interesting if a system like that could be developed for both instances, killnig two birds with one stone, and then have each one tweaked differently.

Example 1
All members being able to donate furniture to their guild halls vs players being able to unlock story npcs in their home instance.

Example 2
Guild halls having guild-only furniture (something grander and more majestic) in addition to the humble furniture that would be available for personal housing.

And then, both versions of the system could use the same means to obtain, what I would call, “furniture collectibles”:

• From new dynamic events;
  • From new crafting recipes (wood furniture, metallic statue and sword decorations, leather carpets and hunter’s trophies to put at the wall);
  • From new achievement/ pvp/ wvw rewards;

Which would lead to two other big QoL changes that a housing system could bring to the game:

5. An opportunity to expand already existing content and maps of Tyria.
6. An opportunity to add plenty of new rewards and reward types to the game.

Bad@ss Prestige Example
Killing Tequatl would unlock a wall decoration to the guild hall with Tequatl’s tooth, claw, scale or even his entire head.
It could even be a tiered reward, getting more impressive the more times it was done.

in CDI

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’m not sure this is the right point to get into Guild Halls, simply because there’s no existing system allowing targeted QoL suggestions for improvement. I myself have many ideas on what would make personal and guild housing truly fun. However I don’t see a way to suggest good embellishments yet. It’s like asking what color ribbons to put in one’s hair before one knows what else one will be wearing or if ribbons will even be an option.

That said, without going into all the foundation details of what makes it worth having a guild hall I’d guess QoL might include:

- Ease of access. One shouldn’t have to travel 20 minutes just to enter the hall.
- Ease of use. Enough room not to have to stack if you want to be in there with a few other guildies. If the hall has functional items like crafting tables, have things like that in useful configurations and locations without using all the space on them.
- A good number of granular permissions. A way to let non-guildies come and see without necessarily using and definitely without power to take or alter anything inside. It could be a great recruitment tool to show off the spiff secret HQ.

Beyond that I’d be getting into my wish list for customization, theming, instancing, etc.
-

in CDI

DiogoSilva.7089

That said, without going into all the foundation details of what makes it worth having a guild hall I’d guess QoL might include:

I think what Jon Peters is asking is, what QoL changes would a guild hall offer to GW2 as a whole, and not what QoL changes are needed for itself (which, as you said, it’s impossible to determine without thinking of how it would work in the first place).

Halls would enhance the guild community and social experience, expand content and rewards, and improve world immersion/ roleplaying, I think.

in CDI

Posted by: Nitross.6987

Nitross.6987

Part 3:

Proposal Overview

Extensive rank permissions for guild missions.

Goal of Proposal

Create different rank permissions for guild mission field control:

• Primary: Start a rush/puzzle/challenge by interacting with the banner, accept or decline credit for completing a mission activated by other guild.
  • Secondary: Activate guild bounty targets, interact with secondary guild challenge objectives (trapped quaggans, Southsun crab first grab).
  • Tertiary: Interact with tertiary guild puzzle and challenge objectives (bazookas, crab in the ground, explosives, turrets, light orbs, etc) and interact with guild trek locations.

Proposal Functionality

Create new rank permissions.

Associated Risks

None. A member might find himself unable to complete something, with those who can complete it way too far. This could be a problem and make a guild fail their mission, but it’s on the guild leaders’ hands to give the permissions or not.

Proposal Overview

Detailed guild mission interaction history.

Goal of Proposal

Know who activated each of the objectives during guild missions.

Proposal Functionality

The history would show things like who triggered any of the primary and secondary interaction objectives described above, in the previous proposal. You would know information like who activated a guild bounty target or found a guild trek location. It could be useful to know who’s contributing more, and reward them with a promotion or other benefits.

Associated Risks

None. This would help guild leaders determine who is trolling by constantly activating outside the guild’s plans, and react in consequence, by kicking or demoting the responsible player.

I want to add my support for this. Although, if it’s too complicated to implement as suggested, it need not be that detailed: if missions could only be started – and by that I mean interacting with the flags and, maybe, bounties – by Guild Members with “Mission Control” permissions, we would already be much better off.

- Fort Aspenwood -

in CDI

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Which in essence excludes crafting stations, bank access, mystic forge ect since all those are available from multiple location and exist very well without the need for a guild hall.
Although in terms of QOL… well that’s a difficult one since would things like hall customization, displaying trophies etc. be considered QOL? That’s usually what people want from a guild hall, a meeting place (for some reason, I guess physical presence is something guild chat doesn’t offer) and the ability to brag (i.e. show off achievements, trophies, style etc.) and I’m not seeing how that would increase my day to day play (i.e. the quality of life).

I’m not sure this is the right point to get into Guild Halls, simply because there’s no existing system allowing targeted QoL suggestions for improvement. I myself have many ideas on what would make personal and guild housing truly fun. However I don’t see a way to suggest good embellishments yet. It’s like asking what color ribbons to put in one’s hair before one knows what else one will be wearing or if ribbons will even be an option.
-

Pretty much this. Before discussing QOL of guild halls we’d firstly have to establish what we (and ANet) mean by guild halls which I don’t think we’d be able to do given that at this points it’s all hypothetical (i.e. I don’t expect ANet to tell us there’s thoughts or ideas regarding Guild Halls, which would provide a basis for discussion of QOL changes that can be added).

in CDI

Posted by: Lonami.2987

Lonami.2987

Guild Halls.

Wait, when was the second one?

Also, I really think you should make separate topics for each theme. This thread alone is large enough to make it even larger :/.

Elonian elite specialization ideas: El: Dervish
M: Bladedancer – N: Scourge – En: Occultist – Ra: Swampstalker
T: Sharpshooter – G: Sunspear – Re: Hierophant – W: Corsair

in CDI

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Guild Halls.

Just 3 I can think of so many more.

1. Easy access to city type NPCs (Crafters,Trading Post,Bank)
  2. Gathering place for Guests and Guild members before triggering World bosses. Would be nice to have a ability to trigger a world boss with perhaps a 10-20 minute delay to allow some randoms to join.
  3. This is one feature I think could be built to encourage reputation and a sense of belonging to a guild. Any guild member or guest to join the instance however perhaps a player set representation percentage could be set to only allow those who represent the most to interact with some of the services.
In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in CDI

Nitross.6987

Guild Halls.

I agree, it is hard to talk about Guild Halls in terms of purely Quality of Life features; we risk simply making private cities and lose player presence in public areas. I believe Guild Halls would need to be introduced with gameplay features, such as allowing for GvG but in a way that would extend already existing systems; I would personally see it as an extension of Edge of the Mists AND a special 8v8 sPvP arena.

But, elaborating on my ideas for that would be, in my opinion, something for a whole other CDI Topic.

So, what would Guild Halls bring to the game in terms of QoL that we cannot get elsewhere? As many have mentioned, it is hard to say when excluding what the core Guild Hall functionality would be. But, we do know of one thing we all agree it should be: a private meeting place for your guild.

With that in mind, here is my top 3 QoL features:

1. Private zone for social interaction and roleplay
The guild chat seems a bit impersonal at times and, sometimes its fun to have a place to show off your armor and toys with your friends where other players won’t interfere (Guild Halls could have a “Stage” with good lighting?). Also, with the introduction of the Megaserver system, players who like to roleplay no longer have a place where they can do so without interference from those who don’t. It’s a bit sad to limit them to one zone but, it’s better than having no place to do so.
2. A place to test PvE skills and builds
With the destruction at Fort Marriner, we no longer have training dummies in PvE. Guild Hall upgrades could include dummies and even something like a PvE dueling circle/pit/arena, with players entering the circle becoming able to hurt each other. You could even use influence to “hire” the NPCs that are in the Heart of the Mists to practice against with your PvE gear.
3. Goals for your guild: A sense of scale and accomplishment
I put this last but it is not the least. With the current Guild system, it is easy to max out your upgrades and for your guild to be “done”. Unless your’e fighting in WvW, your influence gets maxed out quickly and Guild Missions become a simple grind. Investing in your Guild hall will give a sense of accomplishment. But, if it is simple, permanent upgrades, we will hit another wall soon; I think many – if not all – of the Guild Hall features should be temporary. NPCs could have an Influence upkeep (rather than using more upgrade slots) and some structures could be temporary, either in time (like renting a “Stage” to show off your armor, or opening up the Hall as a sPvP arena) or, depending on what Halls do, they could be destroyed in combat. Because of this, Guild Halls would give a permanent outlet for Influence and Merits.

- Fort Aspenwood -

in CDI

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

a lot of different possible directions

• a part of a city which works for RPers with taverns, libraries,…
  • a combat-focused area with a duel-arena and npcs who take bets
  • a portal-area which takes you directly to certain guild-missions
  • a guild-jumping puzzle that can be enhanced by players.

Each of those take slots in the guild-halls so you have to choose or upgrade the area to have more slots.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in CDI

Donari.5237

Ah good point there. Game QoL. Hmm.

- An increased sense of guild identity (especially if the hall is customizable and there are varying types available).

- A place to host larger scale events that can avoid griefing.

- Team-based horizontal progression.

in CDI

Posted by: Oldyoung.6109

Oldyoung.6109

Proposal Overview:

Personal Influence that players can donate to the guild of their choice or spend at guild vendors.

Goal of Proposal:

I’m not a fan of being in a large guild and to me a small guild has very little to offer so the guild commendation vendor is someone who doesn’t take me seriously which is annoying since he has some great items for non-guild players.
when I’m not in a guild i get influence scrolls from things like the personal story or black lion chests which tend to pile up in my bank or inventory with no real use currently.

Proposal Functionality:

along with earning influence for your guild you earn an influence currency for yourself which you can donate to your guild another guild you belong to or spend on guild vendors like the current commendation vendor, guild armorer and guild weapon smith and any new guild based vendors that may be added.
this empowers players in a guild by giving them a measurable sense of importance in their guild while giving non-guilded or members of small guilds better availability of guild vendors.
things that currently give influence still give influence to the guild but would also add to the players store of influence aside from personally based sources like scrolls.
guild missions would still give influence, items and merits but instead of commendations players would get influence consumables.
guild reputation builder vendors would give personal influence to allow players to easily earn personal influence they require for the vendors which doubles as a gold sink.

Associated Risks:

players “selling” influence to guilds
guilds inviting players asking for their influence then kicking them
long boring meetings
players not given a large incentive to donate to guilds of their own volition

in CDI

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Guild Halls.

1. It gives the guild a place to call home, gather groups to organize for things such as dungeons or such, or maybe just to hang around. (This is a lot of what my alliance used halls for in GW1.)

2. Potentially, it would give a sense of ownership and “this is our house” to guilds. There is probably no technical benefit here but the intangible is worth noting.

3. Grants options to work with later. A Guild Hall existing means there are options on what to do with it later on, such as events or updates which could include something happening with the Hall for guilds who can do that stuff.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in CDI

Posted by: Jandopo.2107

Jandopo.2107

Guild Halls.

1. Special crafting stations to craft unique items (it’s QoL or content? I can’t tell…. maybe something in between).

2. A customizable “room” istance where player’s achievements and accomplishments are shown in some way and provided of an additional chest for the items (again, half QoL half content). I think this could even replace Housing.

3. A place for every guild-related NPC, like the Commendation Trader, the Guild Banker…

There will be a Guild Halls CDI right? I’ll leave the rest for it.

(edited by Jandopo.2107)

in CDI

Posted by: Seiishizo.7162

Seiishizo.7162

Being able to use guild influence to get the following NPC’s/objectis in the guildhouse

-Bank
-TP
-Crafting masters and tables
-Mystic forge
-Portals to some area’s?
-General merchant
-Guild merchants

In general the most important thing is that people would rather spend time in the guild house than anywhere else when not really doing something content related (like PvE/WvW or PvP) So its a nice place to hang around and do the stuff you would normally do while hanging around in LA or one of the other big cities

Owner and creator of http://www.gw2score.com
Btw: It’s Sey-Shi-zo ^.^

in CDI

Nitross.6987

Proposal Overview
Using a Guild Banner or Guild Banquet grants Influence to that guild
Goal of Proposal
Helping smaller guilds grow (and gain access to higher upgrades) and offsetting the cost of guild consumables so they see more use. It would also give a way for players to “tip” guilds who organize large events by using their banners or banquet.
Proposal Functionality
Whenever a player uses a guild banner or banquet, he also gets a “buff” that makes it as though he is a representing member of the guild who placed the banner – in addition to his own – when calculating Influence gains for Event and Dungeon participation. The buff can only be applied once; the last item used could be prioritized. Banners or banquets from your own Guild do not apply the buff so you cannot use them to “remove” one from another guild.
Associated Risks
“Banner wars” could happen where people could try to pressure you into using their banners last (i.e. by putting down more of theirs) and discriminate against you if you don’t. The extra influence might be too much (or useless) in the Guild “economy” for larger guilds as long as we do not have more outlets for the influence.
The risks could be offset by having the players who use banners only grant half the influence as a true representing members; only the banquet would give full influence. Or, the functionality could be added only to banquets.

- Fort Aspenwood -

(edited by Nitross.6987)

in CDI

DiogoSilva.7089

A Guild Hall could also be used as a way to physically represent guild upgrades, making the whole upgrade system less impersonal and more visceral/ tangible.

Make it so each upgrade expands or decorates a specific area of the guild hall.

Some of the guild buffs, instead of being automatic, could also be manually obtainable within the halls. Slightly less convenient, but far more immersive, and clearer. Clearer, in the sense that in the current system, players might sometimes forget that those buffs even exist, considering that the only way to see them (?) is by checking the guild icon or navigating through some menu windows that won’t be of interest to everyone. Having those buffs clickable in a guild hall is, say, easier to understand for the overall playerbase, and thus a clearer mechanic.

Besides, I’m a fan of any mechanic that has stronger visceral impact, but unfortunately, it has the risk of skyrocketting the development’s budget. :P

in CDI

Posted by: mosselyn.5081

mosselyn.5081

Proposal Overview
Make the roster tab for your currently active guild the default view when you open the guild UI.

Goal of Proposal
The current UI, with two views of membership (Main and Roster) is quite confusing. Members often don’t realize the second, “Roster” tab is there, so they don’t know additional information and functionality is available on the Roster tab. If you’re not in multiple guilds, the distinction between the Main and Roster tab is baffling.

Proposal Functionality
Ideally, I’d like to see the two tabs consolidated into one, but if that is not feasible, then at least make the roster of your currently active guild the default view. Add some text to the “Main” tab that clarifies what it is for, perhaps at the top of the guild list column.

Associated Risks
Players who switch between their guilds frequently probably would not approve.

[OTG] The Old Timers Guild of Yaks Bend
www.oldtimersguild.com

in CDI

mosselyn.5081

Proposal Overview
Improve the roster search and make it harder to accidentally ginvite someone while searching.

Goal of Proposal
The current search is somewhat finicky. It sometimes doesn’t find members even when I know they’re there. You cannot search by full account name (x.1234). Worst of all, it is way, way too easy to send a ginvite to a random person when you are searching the roster.

Proposal Functionality
Add the ability to search by account name. Decouple roster search from guild invite functionality.

Associated Risks
None.

www.oldtimersguild.com

in CDI

mosselyn.5081

Proposal Overview
Separate social options and administrative options on the member name right-click menu.

Goal of Proposal
Accidentally gkicking someone has become a right of passage for all new officers in our guild because it is too easy to click the wrong thing when attempting to whisper or invite someone. There have been a few accidental promote/demote incidents, too, but gkick is the big one.

Proposal Functionality
Put administrative functions into a sub-menu of the right-click menu so that you have to work a little harder to kick, promote, or demote someone.

Associated Risks
Mass kicking/promotion/demotion becomes more work. Speaking as the person who does roster maintenance for a large guild, I’m OK with that.

www.oldtimersguild.com

in CDI

mosselyn.5081

Proposal Overview
Improve the upgrade interface.

Goal of Proposal
The current upgrade interface is confusing to new users. It almost always gets screwed up when someone other than the usual bag holder has to queue or activate upgrades.

Proposal Functionality
I think something as simple has adding tooltips to the major section headings would help. For example, hover help for the Build Queue, Unlocks, Boosts, Consumables. Move the directions that are at the bottom of the window to the top. (The text that starts with “This is where everything your guild has available for use is displayed.”)

Associated Risks
None.

www.oldtimersguild.com

in CDI

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Guild Halls.

1.) Sense of specialized community. A place for friends to gather. A restaurant or pub(Lion’s Arch) is nice but home(guild hall) serves a different purpose for friends. Someone at ArenaNet rightfully thinks that adding guild halls sequesters players and can make hubs seem less occupied and they are right. As a player and leader of a longstanding guild in Tyria(player since launch, leader since 2007) I can tell you that the appearance of the game population means absolutely zero to me. Having a place where only my guild members can congregate is much more important to me and the players of my guild and also a large portion of the playerbase.

2.) Chat channels. Sure, I can turn off chat channels. Do I want to though? Not really. Chat can be downright disgusting at times in local and map chat channels. I want a place I can go to do my trading, Mystic Forging, Crafting etc. without “white noise” from local and map chat. If there is a way to get those things in a guild hall, then that is what I want. I like the airship in Gendarran Fields especially after LA opened back up. The only thing missing are my guildies popping in between adventures or doing crafting as well.

The chat there is all ours. You can’t put a price on that as a QoL upgrade.

3.) A private congregation place.

All the things I have listed are inherent QoL features simply by ArenaNet putting Guild Halls in the game. None of these even need to be added at a later point or even need to be thought about.

This is all stuff metrics can’t show you, but if you have ever played an MMO you know to be true. Guild Halls and housing should have been in the game at launch. They should be completely inexpensive to obtain so that any size guild has access to it. It’s a feature that should just be standard. I personally don’t even think there needs to be discussion about it. It should just be in the game.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in CDI

mosselyn.5081

Proposal Overview
Add a “build queue queue.”

Goal of Proposal
The current build queue is too restrictive in what/how many of an upgrade can be queued. Every time our CL goes out of town for a few days, there’s a fire drill related to who is going to queue up buffs and guild missions to keep things rolling. An example for us is the karma buff. We try to keep it up all the time, but we cannot queue several to built at once, so it becomes a maintenance headache when officers are not available.

Proposal Functionality
I would like to be able to queue up multiple upgrades, even if the max permitted is already met. When “space” becomes available for a given upgrade, it is added to the queue. Adding things to the queue consumes the required influence. Removing something from the queue refunds it. A similar queue for lining up buffs as they run out would also be nice.

Associated Risks
None I’m aware of.

www.oldtimersguild.com

(edited by mosselyn.5081)

in CDI

Nitross.6987

Proposal Overview
Create better metrics to evaluate guild participation
Goal of Proposal
In order to maximize their active roster, large guilds need to frequently kick inactive players to make room for new ones. Using the “last online” as a baseline only works well when players have only one guild but, with the possibility of having more than one guild, leaders and officers require a fair way to evaluate participation.
Proposal Functionality
At the very least, a “last representing” option in the roster would be nice but a player could simply cycle trough all his guilds every day. To offset this, I would propose to have the date of the “last participation” instead. This would be the time when the player last contributed to Influence gain for the guild. Bonus if we can tell what event the influence came from but, I know stocking this information might require too much.
Also, a “loyalty” rating could be made visible to leaders and officers only; this would be the ratio of Influence contributed to the guild compared to the other guilds the player represents. The ratio should be calculated from the time the player joined the guild or within the last week only; at best, both this “lifetime” and “recent” loyalty rating should be available, giving leaders solid data to make tough calls when membership culling is required.
Associated Risks
Discrimination based on the loyalty rating or participation is a risk. That is why it is important to limit who can see it using the Guild permissions.

- Fort Aspenwood -

in CDI

mosselyn.5081

Proposal Overview
Improve intra-guild messaging support.

Goal of Proposal
As others have mentioned, it would be useful to be able to send out a guild-wide message for events or other important guild happenings. I’ve played other games with this capability, and it has not been abused.

I am also very, very, very tired of getting blocked by the spam throttle when trying to send out inactivity warnings to a dozen or more members. It takes me half an hour to send out a couple dozen warnings every month, simply because I’m twiddling my thumbs for a few minutes between each message.

Proposal Functionality
Mail-to-guild capabilities, permission controlled. Others have touched on this, so I won’t belabor it.

Ease up the message throttle when sending messages to guild members (or party members!), or enable creating a message with multiple recipients who are in the guild.

Associated Risks
Compromised accounts and irresponsible officers could spam members.

www.oldtimersguild.com

in CDI

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

Guild Halls.

(it’s going to go slightly beyond Qol because what QoL it provides is entirely dependent on how Guildhalls are implemented).

1.) A space with all the features of a city (Mystic forge, Merchants etc) and a place that can host special unique merchants. Gives an area where you don’t have to suffer the load times or background chatter of large amounts of players, a controlled environment.

2.) Quite frankly A means to show off. This is our glorious guild hall look at the amazing custom banners, the entrance halls with statues from creatures our guild has defeated and landmarks in our guilds development etc etc.
If there’s one thing that GW2 doesn’t do well at the moment it’s giving a means for a player or group of players to stand out from the crowd. Content stemming from a guild hall system could allow for that (will elaborate in a separate post if wanted).

3.) A staging ground/training ground. A place where you can organize your guild for content without having passersby or other issues. You meet up in the guild hall form your squads organize your tactics then immediately deploy to say your guild bounty or TT, Teq even a guild WvW run. Add in training dummies/ obstacle courses and you have a space to practice group tactics and test builds.

Bonus. A space of your own, You’ve decorated it, you’ve laid it out as you want in a style you want. Gives a space that really means something to the players and a place for them to stay in game for downtime activities like chatting, in game parties or hosting games.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

in CDI

Posted by: Zesbeer.8365

Zesbeer.8365

Proposal Overview
Make the roster tab for your currently active guild the default view when you open the guild UI.

Goal of Proposal
The current UI, with two views of membership (Main and Roster) is quite confusing. Members often don’t realize the second, “Roster” tab is there, so they don’t know additional information and functionality is available on the Roster tab. If you’re not in multiple guilds, the distinction between the Main and Roster tab is baffling.

Proposal Functionality
Ideally, I’d like to see the two tabs consolidated into one, but if that is not feasible, then at least make the roster of your currently active guild the default view. Add some text to the “Main” tab that clarifies what it is for, perhaps at the top of the guild list column.

Associated Risks
Players who switch between their guilds frequently probably would not approve.

I would rather it open to the last tab you had open.

in CDI

Nitross.6987

Proposal Overview

Goal of Proposal
The current build queue isn’t actually a build queue, IMO. It’s what’s actively building. Every time our CL goes out of town for a few days, there’s a fire drill related to who is going to queue up buffs and guild missions to keep things rolling.

Proposal Functionality
If there was really a build queue, you could queue up a week’s worth of upgrades, even though only 2 or 3 at a time would be built. Adding things to the queue consumes the required influence. Removing something from the queue refunds it. A similar queue for lining up buffs as they run out would also be nice.

Associated Risks
None I’m aware of.

I am not exactly sure what your’e asking for here; you can already put more in the queue than the 2 or 3 items being built and they will start building as soon as crafting slots become free. Your proposal functionality seems to be asking for exactly what we have.

Could you elaborate on what you think is missing? Do you want to be able to queue up items even when the amount is full and have them start as soon as there is room? Or is it something else?

- Fort Aspenwood -

in CDI

mosselyn.5081

Proposal Overview
Make it easier to tell who has joined or left the guild when reviewing roster history.

Goal of Proposal
We have a large, fairly active guild, so the roster history can get pretty busy. I do roster maintenance once a week, and it is often hard to sift out comings and goings from promotions/demotions/kicks, especially since each invite generates multiple log events. I care about who leaves for obvious reasons. I care about who joins because the officers who do the inviting rarely remember to set ranks properly.

Proposal Functionality
Make the “so-and-so has left the guild” and “so-and-so has joined the guild” stand out more or make it possible to filter/search on these events. The leaving notices are usually easy to spot because of the “:accountname” prefix. However, the joinings do not follow this same pattern, and I have noticed that the leavings do not always, either. Why the latter is sometimes true is beyond me.

Associated Risks
Interface bloat if you add a filter options. None I can think of if you do it by change the font, font size, color, or format to make the events more prominent.

www.oldtimersguild.com

in CDI

Posted by: CyClotroniC.4957

CyClotroniC.4957

My main reasons for a Guild Hall:

It’s a shared home for your guild and it would improve social life inside that community, which I consider a form of QoL improvement. It’s also a shared goal to improve to work for as a team. It’s a place to customize, to change, to improve, to attract more players, to have some fun with tonics, spend some karma on beer, maybe roleplay a bit and so on. It’s not just about the utility, it’s a private funpark. If it’s done well, it could serve as a reminder of your guilds progression and past in this game. For me it would have more emotional values than practical ones, though I can think of some features like a dueling arena, where we can test some builds or even hold some minicompetitions. All in all guild halls are opportunities if I’m allowed to be a bit vague at this moment.

Necros need more love… seriously. – http://necroaming.tumblr.com/

in CDI

Posted by: Alethia.3597

Alethia.3597

Sorry this is going to be complicated as it is merging some already posted ideas and taking a step sideways with it interlocking.

Proposal Overview
Assuming that individuals maintain their own guild memberships as their personal choice of an alliance, create functionality to allow guilds and individuals at hand to align for tasks with ease of communication and rewards.

Goal of Proposal
Create custom guild level alliances, temporary custom chat, temporary membership rights and tools using a guild squad functionality and a guild level LFG tool. This might work around attempting to align various interlocking guilds into GW1 structured environment, tidy up various ambassador and guesting ranks in guilds and could protect smaller guilds with reasons not to align chat with a bigger rowdy guild but let them have freedom to join in if they wished.

Proposal Functionality
Alliances

• add a guild pane for managing a list of allied guilds with functions to add and remove guilds, granular permissions/filters for the LFG aspect for content type and rank the invite was issued from eg. individuals filling a party vs open guild missions from guild leadership.
    I could see this working as an extension of a custom chat channel, it just needs to be able to convey a temporary flag of belonging/representing a guild.
    The allied guilds would be different for every guild not a set 8 guild mutual alliance. Guild A might be allied with B, C and D; Guild B might be allied with A, D and E etc. Ideally you could hard filter so you might only get guild missions invitations from one guild and WvW invitations from another but could see all of them from a sister guild.
  • add a new alliance icon to the menu bar to manage a LFG or guild level invite system. Individuals looking to fill out a party could trigger the icon to flare like a guild buff being activated, a guild issuing an open invitation could change the color of the icon to be noticeable. Be able to target the invitation to all allied guilds or selected allied guilds with a basic description. Be able to toggle a notification to indicate the offer is closing soon and is underway, but have the option to join in for latecomers.

Guild Squad
Leaving aside wanting to use existing tags to be visible to guild members only, this would be to use a large squad type function to bring allies into the guild. Anyone in the squad could be eligible for rewards without having to represent the host guild. It could also just be used as a chat channel to hang out with friendly guilds temporarily.
The guild squad chat could be seen by any guild member and any ally who accepted an invitation to join in. Individuals, such as people on a map, could be invited either via a right click context to join or a targeted skill if it was spawned by an item.
This could be activated from the guild panel and only one hosted squad could be active per guild at a time as it would essentially be a guild’s second guild chat. It would need to be anchored to members of a rank being online to stay open rather than a specific leader in case of dc or a time out function if a confirm dialogue wasn’t used to keep it open.
Ideally, it would be useful to set a WP location like a go to the mists button so squad members could jump right to the action. It could be optional for the cost of the individuals waypointing or adding the waypoint location to be charged to the guild funds. It doesn’t have to be a custom waypoint, it could point to an existing one in the world just to save time and loading screens.

Associated Risks
It might be resource intensive essentially adding a 6th potential guild membership for everyone and a second lfg tool.

in CDI

Nitross.6987

Proposal Overview
Guild Event Calendar

Goal of Proposal
create a fast and easy way to schedule guild events without having to send out mail or whispers to your guild.

Proposal Functionality
Under the guild window there would be a calendar tab with a plan blank calendar

• ability to add events
    • date and time info along with ingame waypoint or poi
    • ability to have the event span across more than one day
    • ability to have events repeat like when make up guild missions take place ect.
  • rank options for who can add, remove, edit and view
  • option to be able to be mailed a summary (per player so if a player wants to opt out of it they can)
  • option to turn on anet events ( things like feature patch updates or pvp/wvw tournament starts)

Associated Risks

• spam
  • inappropriate language or events added
  • conflicting events with other guilds (note that every guild would have there own and other guilds would not be able to see them unless you were a member of that guild)

In additional to what suggested.

Goal of Proposal
Easier to coordinate with individuals of different timezone.

Proposal Functionality
Display a alert in guild chat if there is a upcoming guild event in xx minutes.

I want to add something to functionality too: a calendar could also be used for Guild Upgrade activation planning. You could set the date and time for any upgrade, making sure your Magic Find bonus or gathering bonus are up when your guild is online the most, even if there are no Officers online to activate them.

- Fort Aspenwood -

in CDI

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

Guild Halls.

Well would the question not first be what we want with guild-halls. Because I would love to not just see guild-halls but maybe even guild-castles you can manually build in maybe PvE or maybe even WvW type maps. And maybe guild-members can also do stuff there (from mini-games to housing).

That is out of the scope now because it’s content but what i’m trying to say is that the QoL question depends on how you would see guild-halls.

So I will try to give examples that are more general for now.

- Achievements.
For now there is not much guild can achieve (except for some unlocks) but lets assume we are being able to unlock more then it can of-course be a check-list in a window somewhere but it can also be something in the guild-house. Being it a statue, or a mini-game or maybe even (parts) of the ‘guild-hall’ itself.
So that sense of achieving something together, building something together and progressing together.

-Group bounding.
When you have this place that you build together and hang together you get much more of a real group / guild feeling then when you share a bank, chat a little and do missions together once in a while.

- A place to meet up with no other people around.

in CDI

mosselyn.5081

Proposal Overview

[snip]
Could you elaborate on what you think is missing? Do you want to be able to queue up items even when the amount is full and have them start as soon as there is room? Or is it something else?

Sorry, that was poorly explained. Thank you for asking. I’ll try to correct it.

The problem we have is that you can only queue up one at a time (or have one) of some things. For example, we cannot queue up several days of karma buffs.

www.oldtimersguild.com

in CDI

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

Curious if anybody has a reason for guild halls that isn’t…

1) I want the things I get in cities, just not the other players (idling, crafting, MF, etc)
2) I need to show off
3) I want to group up with people

I feel like we can get more creative than that. Training/dueling/whatever sounds interesting… what if there was an arena that allowed you to spawn specific bosses (from dungeons is my thought) so your guild can practice kills. No loot, just for practice?

A dueling arena would also be fun. Being able to use PvE builds for PvP with guildies is pretty much impossible right now.

I’d also like to be able to name somebody Guildmate of the Week, maybe there could be a function which lets you erect a statue of a character? It’d be a cool way to give members credit for helping out the guild.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

in CDI

Devata.6589

Curious if anybody has a reason for guild halls that isn’t…

1) I want the things I get in cities, just not the other players (idling, crafting, MF, etc)
2) I need to show off
3) I want to group up with people

I feel like we can get more creative than that. Training/dueling/whatever sounds interesting… what if there was an arena that allowed you to spawn specific bosses (from dungeons is my thought) so your guild can practice kills. No loot, just for practice?

A dueling arena would also be fun. Being able to use PvE builds for PvP with guildies is pretty much impossible right now.

I’d also like to be able to name somebody Guildmate of the Week, maybe there could be a function which lets you erect a statue of a character? It’d be a cool way to give members credit for helping out the guild.

The whole process of building it and unlocking elements inside give guilds goals stuff to work towards. It can be linked to other content (guild-missions, raids). So it allows for a lot of content. Of course unlock stuff guild-related should then not be cash-shop related because then it would indeed be nothing more then what you say.

But yeah it could add a lot to the game much more then just a place to hang and something to show of.

in CDI

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

The whole process of building it and unlocking elements inside give guilds goals stuff to work towards. It can be linked to other content (guild-missions, raids). So it allows for a lot of content. Of course unlock stuff guild-related should then not be cash-shop related because then it would indeed be nothing more then what you say.

But yeah it could add a lot to the game much more then just a place to hang and something to show of.

“Stuff to work toward?” It’s just an influence sink. Large guilds get it nearly immediately, unless it’s heavily time-gated, and small guilds like mine spend months struggling to catch up. No thanks.

Linked to other content how? Like, guild missions INSIDE your guild hall? That’s an interesting concept. I’m not sure I feel strongly about that one way or another. Still, that’s not QoL, that’s new content.

Guild Halls would be a sensible launch point for guild mission/world boss instances, if we ever get those.

I just don’t see these ideas for GHs so far and go, “Oh yeah! That’s something really cool worth the development effort!” But maybe that’s because I don’t care much for the “showing off” part of it.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

in CDI

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

this is the core point that separates RPG fans from action games fans: we want permanent choices that weigh and count, you guys want everything at disposal and and avoid like plague choice/consequence mechanics.
Since this has been sold as mmoRPG, I expect it to turn into it as soon as possible coherently with the expectations.

“You guys,” I play more RPGs than action games, so I don’t know why you’re trying to marginalize my opinions, but here I am first and foremost a GW2 fan, and GW2 is not about locking you into permanent choices, so if that’s something you like, go to a different game for it.

I didn’t write those books, I am merely accepting what has been proven by someone else.

But you’re trying to apply your definition to this game, where ti clearly does not apply. Don’t you understand that sometimes words have different meanings in different contexts? An MMO guild bears only the most casual relationship to a historical medieval guild, and to 99.99% of players, that’s how they would prefer it to stay. Most players do not want a medieval guild, they want a guild like the guilds that have existed in this, and other MMOs that they have played. If forced to choose, they would prefer to have the :guild" feature renamed to something more strictly accurate to their function than to have their function changed to be more strictly accurate to the name.

Also want to add that guild housing should not come at the cost of personal/ home instance housing, so it would be interesting if a system like that could be developed for both instances, killnig two birds with one stone, and then have each one tweaked differently.

Yeah, being able to design a guild hall would be nice, but unless it came super cheap so that everyone could afford to make their personal guild hall, it’s more important to focus on individual player housing than on guild housing.

I think basic guild housing could be ok though. If it offered too many features then it would just take the point away from the Royal Terrace and that pirate ship, so I think the basic function should be that you get an open plan hall capable of holding ~50 players easily, ~150 if you crowd them, that you can instantly teleport to from a button on the Guild menu, and that is ringed with gates leading to LA and the five starter cities, just like the old LA portal island.

It would also be considered to be inside LA for map purposes, allowing you to WP directly out of it to any location on the map for the same cost as if you left from LA, making it a reliable staging area from which to start Guild Missions.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in CDI

DiogoSilva.7089

I’d say a guild hall-housing system with some (key word: some) furniture behind gems, merchant unlocking behind gems, and perhaps even space expansion behind gems would potentially give more revenue to Anet than the current Royal Terrace pass, so I wouldn’t use it as an obstacle.

Space expansion for housing is specially interesting, I think. Small guilds wouldn’t need it, and big guilds would love it for the sake of prestige. This would offer a nice sink for big guilds, without negatively affecting smaller guilds, as they would probably be satisfied with smaller guild halls.

in CDI

Devata.6589

“Stuff to work toward?” It’s just an influence sink. Large guilds get it nearly immediately, unless it’s heavily time-gated, and small guilds like mine spend months struggling to catch up. No thanks.

Linked to other content how? Like, guild missions INSIDE your guild hall? That’s an interesting concept. I’m not sure I feel strongly about that one way or another. Still, that’s not QoL, that’s new content.

Guild Halls would be a sensible launch point for guild mission/world boss instances, if we ever get those.

I just don’t see these ideas for GHs so far and go, “Oh yeah! That’s something really cool worth the development effort!” But maybe that’s because I don’t care much for the “showing off” part of it.

Influence? Maybe the ability to start building on it yes. But when done right it’s much more. You might unlock stuff with drops from a guild-puzzle or a raid-type dungeon. And you might be able to basically unlock building blocks (much like WvW keeps also exist of different ‘blocks’) then you can then do to build your hall / castle with.

It should be much more then just something you unlock with influence.

And that’s then also how it’s linked to other content. (And that would also mean it’s doable for smaller guilds as well). No guild-missions inside the guild-hall while that might be one of the things you could unlock for your hall. (not just with influence)

And I know thats not QoL but that is the answer to your question.

It’s not about showing off, you do that for yourself / your guild.

in CDI

Devata.6589

I’d say a guild hall-housing system with some (key word: some) furniture behind gems, merchant unlocking behind gems, and perhaps even space expansion behind gems would potentially give more revenue to Anet than the current Royal Terrace pass, so I wouldn’t use it as an obstacle.

Space expansion for housing is specially interesting, I think. Small guilds wouldn’t need it, and big guilds would love it for the sake of prestige. This would offer a nice sink for big guilds, without negatively affecting smaller guilds, as they would probably be satisfied with smaller guild halls.

But unlocking that stuff in the world would add game-play. Also the amount of money would be limited because there are a limited number of people and since everybody in the guild should help it’s more likely people would use gold for it.

Of course Anet needs to make money but just lock that sort of stuff behind game-related things. Dungeons, raids, guild-missions and so on. Guild halls (when done properly) can easily be one of the selling points for an expansion so let them do that and earn money that way.

in CDI

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

I Really like the idea of guild housing, but I would like that to be the one area without gem store influence tainting it. I can’t really see a middle ground working out for it as I can see the same problems that currently exist with the gem store weapon skins occurring again.

Ideally from a game play perspective that the “best” skins should be in game obtainable only (directly from game-play don’t give me the gems>gold bull) ,Say the baby quaggan lamp is the reward from a special guild mission but then why would someone buy generic lamp 3 from the gem store? Which has led to the situation in other games that the baby quaggan lamp is left as the reward but the gem store gets the ultimate baby quaggan lamp. This tends to be unfair on the players and detracts from the overall game experience.

If the gem store must be involved limit it to an initial single time cost only, that way you don’t set a precedent and the whole slippy slope situation doesn’t happen.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

in CDI

DiogoSilva.7089

I want to see a guild housing heavily expand the gameplay’s and reward’s systems as much as you do, but it’s easy to understand how, at the very least, a few gem-only cosmetics here and then, and space expansion based on gems (for big guilds), would be a potentially good way to monetize the system without hurting it (as long as the bulk of it is in the gameplay and not in the gems). I can understand how unlocking merchants behind gems might be more questionable, but considering they are just a convenience upgrade, I would ask, why not?

The bulk of the rewards should be statues and other decorations of the monsters we kill, furniture we would craft, decorative relics that we would discover around the world, and new dynamic events and mob spawns specifically designed for that.

in CDI

Donari.5237

Let’s save the nitty gritty of hall design for its own thread (I still think the question should have been saved for that). Right now the focus is on QoL — what function or fun thing in the game would a guild hall do that cannot already be done with existing systems?

This phase of the CDI is all about improving systemic functions, not designing entirely new features. Believe me, I’m champing at the bit to get to the design part but we need the devs to have focused topics of conversation so the good stuff doesn’t get lost in the flood.

in CDI

Devata.6589

I want to see a guild housing heavily expand the gameplay’s and reward’s systems as much as you do, but it’s easy to understand how, at the very least, a few gem-only cosmetics here and then, and space expansion based on gems (for big guilds), would be a potentially good way to monetize the system without hurting it (as long as the bulk of it is in the gameplay and not in the gems). I can understand how unlocking merchants behind gems might be more questionable, but considering they are just a convenience upgrade, I would ask, why not?

The bulk of the rewards should be statues and other decorations of the monsters we kill, furniture we would craft, decorative relics that we would discover around the world, and new dynamic events and mob spawns specifically designed for that.

Why not, because also that can be game-play.
Lets for a moment look at the rest of the game. How much game-play is taken away for gems.
Most of the collecting (that can be game-play) of skins, dyes finishers. all gone. So on paper ‘just a few things’ might sound nice but you know where stuff go’s to.

Besides form a financial perspective it might also not be great. Gems earn money because they manage to trick many people to buy the stuff.
With guilds there are way lesser guilds then people. Besides how would guilds buy something with gems? You donate gems to the guild? Sounds bad.

Locking it behind an expansion they sell makes much more sense to me. Financially and game-play wise. But thats my opinion.

Because it’s going to much away from the QoL I will leave it with that at least until we really get to that subject.

in CDI

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Wasnt this “feature” pack just another QoL update as well???

Well here’s mine:

Proposal Overview
Claiming PvE Zones – similar to JQ and FA in GW1

Goal of Proposal
Allows guilds to “show off” whilst guild halls and GvG arent being developed, IF they will be developed at all

Proposal Functionality
Guilds must do tasks or whatever in order to claim a given zone. Adds to guilds working together.
Or add alliances and allow alliances to claim zones,

Associated Risks
Megaserver – as servers are no longer server specific, this can cause issues on who can claim a zone, and will a member who claimed ever get back to that zone if they zone out? Alliances may help a little with this issue.
Needs some devs to work on it and figure out how to balance things and how guilds must do things in order to claim a zone etc etc

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

(edited by Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054)