Collaborative Development- Request for Topics

in CDI

Posted by: Frye.4608

Frye.4608

1) not all damage is showing in combat log
2) class balance in pvp and wvw
3) steal Arathi Basin from WoW (they stole it themselves) and make it into a new pvp map

in CDI

Posted by: Jono M.8519

Jono M.8519

1. Improved commander system.
2. Rewards.
3. Balance.

in CDI

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

1. Consider the various elements of pvp that are present in wvw, that are absent in sPvP and tPvP beyond just siege. These boons/buffs might feel more balanced with a stronger come-back mechanic in outnumbered that would include buffs across the board, in supply, siege cost, even gate/wall HP.

2. A robust training area for walking new people through the various aspects of siege, the wxp lines, supply necessity, etc. before they can just queue a map. The intro videos are OK, but on the job training for a lot of wvw can lead to frustration on both sides.

3. A time-based retrograde score weighting, that accounts for the change in population of a server. This would allow for a more accurate week-to-week score of a server over time, as transfers and server coordination shift so much and so quickly. Any scores from 15 weeks ago backward would be multiplied by .5 and that number would increase to 5 weeks ago for a multiplier of 1.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in CDI

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

WvW
1: Gear / Weapon progression on equal level with PVE
2: Zerg vs Small Group balances
3: Providing guilds a better option to to GVG other than on the BL in WvW

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

in CDI

Posted by: RiWiJo.7502

RiWiJo.7502

1. Raid/Commander UI
2. Alt friendliness
3. Server Population Management

in CDI

Posted by: Skavy.3926

Skavy.3926

1 – Alt Friendlyness (Acc-bound WvW ranks pls!)
2 – Population Imbalance
3 – Commander System

in CDI

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Here’s mine:

1) more ANET participation in game (especially with leagues and events like teq)
2) better guild management tools
3) more alt friendly

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in CDI

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

1. Improve the commander’s overall usefulness. If I were a commander (Sadly don’t have the 100 gold yet for the tag), I would like to place orders around the map that everyone could see, like ‘Attack here’, ‘Move here’, ‘Defend here’, etc. It would help the commander communicate to the rest of the server what his plan is. To help differentiate between multiple commanders on a server, you could have the commander tags/orders be color coded so you can tell who is issuing what order where. That would help greatly.

2. Re-balance siege. I find gates go down way too easily now with Flame Ram Masteries, golems, and only being able to upgrade it once. I know you have the pot of boiling oil and cannons, but those are often destroyed first. I know you can throw arrow carts down, but those are another thing that need to be reworked too since everyone spams ACs or so it would seem.

3. Re-work WvW ranks. I know why Supply Capacity was nerfed to the completely unviable state it is, but why would I put rank points into it when Guard Leech, the vitality boost, and being able to use siege more effectively are so much better than it? I guess what I’m trying to say is why would I invest 300 WvW rank points into carrying 15 supply around when I could simply pop a guild buff to do that? At least double it. That and I believe the last traits in Guard Killer and Guard Defender trees should only apply against guards, not players. Also, make WvW account bound so we don’t go from a rank 300 engineer to a rank 1 elementalist.

in CDI

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

My 3
1. Armor repair costs
2. Splitting WvW server choice from the PvE server you play on
3. Map completion in WvW

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

in CDI

Posted by: Reaper.1748

Reaper.1748

1. Server Population Imbalance, a big one here
2. WvW to PvE reward, I feel like Im discouraged from WvW because PvE holds better rewards, despite me working just as hard in a WvW field of combat, as PvE.
3. Make WvW account-wide. I mean seriously who wants to grind 300+ levels in WvW all over on a whole new character?

[Syn] Syndictive I [PYRO] Pyromancers I Sea of Sorrows

in CDI

Posted by: LostAsylum.3018

LostAsylum.3018

1.) server wvw population control.
2.)If no popululation control then make outmanned give a real bonus like 300 points to every stat. That way it’s easier to take on 1vx when outmanned.
3.)make wvw ascended ear trinkets cheaper. Why 40 laurels and 50 globs? Make them on par with rings and neck piece.
4.) Arrow carts should not be able to shoot into tunnels. How can arrows possibly penetrate through stone?
5.)Be able to use badges plus gold for sigils and runes.

Lil Kin Zen (PPOL)
Yea I kill People.

in CDI

Posted by: Pavel.5192

Pavel.5192

1. anti zerg system
2. rewards for WvWers, i dont want to be forced to do fractals
3. matchmatching, balancing powers of servers

4ever roaming

in CDI

Posted by: Tekyn.5376

Tekyn.5376

My top three topics for discussion are as follows:

1:
Zergs – Remove the incentive and the usefulness of the blog/zerg strategy in WvW.

2:
The Commander System – The tag should be removed as a purchasable item and a new WvW ability line should be added for creating squads.

3:
WvW Player Rank – Create an icon similar to the ArenaNet guild icon that displays the rank of the player in the name plate for both enemies and allies.

“I feel like I’m getting trolled here. Good day sir.”
- John Smith, ArenaNet in-house economist

in CDI

Posted by: brugal.5812

brugal.5812

1- We need Account Bound WxP. (Let us play with alt!)
2- Guild Commanders and Guild Squads. (Better UI for the guilds, parties, squads)
3- Better Rewards. (Ascend weapon and armor quality)

in CDI

Posted by: allstarpro.4610

allstarpro.4610

1: Better rewards in WvW with more incentive/better ways to get them.

2: Commander system update. More tools.

3: Server imbalance.

Sovereign Union leader

in CDI

Posted by: Screenager.7804

Screenager.7804

• Raid UI
  • Commander tag functionality (i dont see these as having to be one and the same)
  • Game and overall Meta staleness (i.e. the staleness of the way players play wvw, things being in place to force a different playstyle or tactic)
Screenager
Executed [ExE] – Piken Square
characterselect.net

in CDI

Posted by: Markadis.9012

Markadis.9012

WvW list:

1: Population Imbalance: Mainly focused on spreading the wvw players across all the servers.

2: Maps: Revamp of the wvw maps to better promote strategical game play.

3: Mechanics/Meta: If my first two gets addressed, then ignore this last one. It will naturally change to adapt to them.

Server- Blackgate
Characters- Levicus (Ele); Levicus Gear (Eng);
Levicus Shield (War)

in CDI

Posted by: ferra.9867

ferra.9867

1. Complete redesing of server structure, 1 giant pve server with district a la GW1 and “alliances” for WvWvW separations and matchups
2. No more commander tag, or at least the possibility to show the commander tag only to the guild you are representing
3. Switching borderland cooldown, wait at least 1 hour (?) before changing map in WvWvW when you enter a borderland

[OSC].Guardian

in CDI

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

1. Commander Functionality
2. WvW population/coverage disparities
3. Player tracking

A note on #3, as I’m probably the only one that will mention it:
It would be great to have a way for all players to know where people are on the current map. At the moment, only commanders are visible. I would also like guild groups and scouts to be able to have a way to communicate their location without using chat. A “scout tag” much like the commander tag would be nice. This would let both single strategically-minded players and large guild groups instantly know where they should be, and what’s happening where. There is often too much to be described just through chat, and it is confusing to try and keep track of everything happening on maps.

This is a simpler version of what I’d like to see available to commanders as part of a “commander functionality” improvement.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

in CDI

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

1) Stealth completely imbalanced in WVW. Should be 4s revealed like in PVP.
2) Class imbalance. Everything is balanced around pvp, when wvw has far more stats and factors. More so, many traits like duhmfire are nerfed in pvp for being too strong but left as is in wvw. This is unfair and promoted bad builds. Like perplexity spam.
3) Lack of rewards. Ascended accessories not available with badges. No ascended backpieces. Player kills worse rewards than mob kills. Bags of loot contain too much pointless T5 mats.

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

in CDI

Posted by: Monchichi.9301

Monchichi.9301

1. WxP/alt support
2. Commander/raid tools
3. Guild alliance tools (yes, this is a wvw issue)

in CDI

Posted by: Athalean.1429

Athalean.1429

1. WvW/PvE Reward balance (especially the lack of rewards for defense)
2. Rank system
3. Skill lags

in CDI

Posted by: Visiroth.5914

Visiroth.5914

1. Population imbalance (scoring, comeback mechanics, etc)
2. Commander system

in CDI

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

1) power creep and alts/ new players

up lvled players were essentially a free kill before you added ascended and WVW ranks, the disparity will be larger now and also affects 80s that lack ranks and ascended, i have scraped through 1v1 and 1v2 with 200 hp and less, i see no point playing against players that have at least a 10% stat advantage at all times, before even including ranks etc consider converting wvw to spvp or scrub gear so new players dont need to be free kills to the detriment of their server while trying to gear/ lvl up to play competitively.

2)rewards for defense/ support/control

if you run around healing/reviving people and dropping support/control fields you wont get any wvw exp/bags, neither will you guarding an empty tower that no one attacks

3)pop imbalance/ matching

atm there is a massive incentive for everyone to pile onto the few top tier servers, as a result lower pop servers have 0 chance of ever winning match ups and only ever acquire keeps when a server abandons them so they can get points for recapping it

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

in CDI

Posted by: Slushey.8236

Slushey.8236

1) Account Versatility (shared WvW ranks, story completion, fractal progression, etc).
2) Commander Functionality (improved squad benefits, chat suppression, etc).
3) Guild Functionality (inactive accounts, more permissions, better control, etc).

Grand Duke Slushey of the Knîghtmare Court
Blackgate | Knîghtmare [KnM] | Knights of the Temple [KnT] | Attuned [Att]

in CDI

Posted by: Skeletor.9360

Skeletor.9360

WvW player balance.
Stop the hackers and perma ban them….come on guys

in CDI

Posted by: Coarr.3286

Coarr.3286

1. an imunity timer for cc effects. like the first cc that hits you has the full effect, the second is reduced in duration for 50% and then you get a time ( 3-5 sec should be ok) where you cannot be cc’ed

2. remove the downstate from wvw. when you have way better skilled player on your side and face a 3x bigger enemy group its impossible to kill them. every time you down someone he is instantly rezzed by 5 ppl that you cannot bring down because of the ae cap. removing the downstate would effect both sides positive. the skilled player get rewarded and the “zerg” players get motivited to increase their skill, instead of 1 1 1 1 spamming, double dodge crap and bunkering. you only lern from defeates

3. remove the port points from the keeps. the maps are simply to small. you can run everywere within 2minutes.

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

(edited by Coarr.3286)

in CDI

Posted by: skarner.9124

skarner.9124

1) Account bound WXP
2) Raid/Commander UI
3) PPT system
4) New map
5) special wvw armor/weapon skin

in CDI

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

WvW:

1.) In Gold League play, make sure that the #1 server isn’t given a schedule that allows them to simply sleepwalk to a 1st place finsh.
2. & 3.) Same as 1

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

in CDI

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

1) Fixing the lag. Tell Level 3 and Verizon to fix their crap. Go bark at them.

2) Equipment / Badges. Ascended weapons and armour should be outright buyable with badges, nothing more.

3) Population imbalance.

4) Increasing overall player skill levels. Promote playing more skillfully, not mash 1 against champs or enemies 1/3rd their numbers.

in CDI

Posted by: Pwnzor.5682

Pwnzor.5682

1)leages!
2)rewards!
3)arena for GvG and 1v1 etc

in CDI

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

After yesterday i want to change my points:

-Fix skillag
-Fix lag
-Fix skill lag
-Lix fkill sag
-Six lkill kitten

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in CDI

Posted by: Woodsman Silencio.9361

Woodsman Silencio.9361

1) Commander functionality
2) Guild Buff on structures and it’s functionality.
3) Length of Leagues, general Leagues issues.

Co-founder and Co-leader of: Global Guild of Dark.

in CDI

Posted by: scanz.4536

scanz.4536

1) WvW performance, i.e. skill lag
2) WvW incentives and progression, i.e. rewards, world xp (account bound!)
3) Guild functionality and incentives, i.e. GvG, in-WvW guild system with rewards for playing as a guild

in CDI

Posted by: Kalan.9705

Kalan.9705

1) WvW no longer getting under 5% of the rewards (and content) of PvE
2) Player combat modes like WvW being based more on skill less on grind as originally promised. E.G. faster and account-wide WXP, less bi-weekly OP grind from living story affecting wvw and so on.
3) Increased willingness to listen to community feedback overall. You’re finally starting to implement the first steps down feedback that was given in beta. Thousands of players, some of whom have decades of mmo combat experience can’t all be worth ignoring. New instanced wvw map eventually not based on server locked coverage can be great, gvg areas can be great, reduced bloodlust buffs etc. Please discuss other community advice that has been ignored a long time, e.g. commander utility and general organisation tools (working parties too), defense and scouting rewards, mechanics that rebalance not snowball matchups (bloodlust = bad, a new not useless outmanned = good), balancing combat skills independently for wvw (wvw is simply not the same as 5man or 8man matchups nor pve), making wxp less important and less alt unfriendly (increasing gain rates by 10x would be a quick and dirty way to lessen how long wxp is an entry barrier for each character).

in CDI

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

1 – Skill lag.
2 – WvW exclusive weapon/armor skins.
3 – overhaul of the party system, WvW requires bigger parties (not commander squads). The kick function needs to be fixed asap.

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

in CDI

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

1. Skill lag
2. Skill lag
3. Skill lag

Hm… I think I forgot to mention the skill lag.

in CDI

Posted by: Zplus.4217

Zplus.4217

1. New maps: perhaps we can use one of those open world maps and just add breakable gates on some of those structure already existed? 1 open world map is easily bigger than all 2 wvw maps combined.

2. Server lag, never mind skill lag, with the new changes to skill lag a dev talked about in his sticky, now I just gets outright DCed whenever there’s a large battle going on, at least with skill lag we are all on even ground. With the new server lag everything stops and I gets DC, log back on to find myself dead.

3. Commander tag, I think its about time to give them a bit more options other than just 2 buttons and 2 command lines.

in CDI

Posted by: Kerushi.7609

Kerushi.7609

1. Server population imbalances.
2. Rewards for defense/yak walking ect.
3. Revamp outmanned/bloodlust buff.
4. Allow us to whisper/mail/kick offline people from the party when right clicking on their names, not just reporting them
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Expanding just a tiny bit. For number 1, I find this video suggestion very interesting. Might not be a perfect fix, but it is a start.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHcO6Xo8eJ8&feature=youtu.be

For number 3 I feel like other than the armor repairs outmanned isn’t very helpful, and I think bloodlust was implemented to help smaller servers, but it seems like the larger servers just have 3 stacks of bloodlust.

~Shirin Shi (Silvari Necro)
TFG Os Northern Shiverpeaks

(edited by Kerushi.7609)

in CDI

Posted by: Jathres.7236

Jathres.7236

1. No ressurecting People that are completly dead in combat.
2. Removel of Waypoints, Maps are tiny enough.
3. New Map ala Praag from Warhammer.

Jathres BNF
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jathres
Piken Square

in CDI

Posted by: Webley.1295

Webley.1295

1. Skill lag
2. Ques
3. Downed state
4 remove people from party/change commander tag colour/ change mouse cursor colour/size – like typical UI stuff that should be there since day 1

(edited by Webley.1295)

in CDI

Posted by: madchatter.7964

madchatter.7964

1. rewards for playing defensively instead of constant flipping
2. alt friendliness (badges, laurels, wxp, etc.)
3. wvw vs pve rewards (including achievement point opportunities)
(also the currently unnecessary gold sink included in upgrading things with no incentive to defend)

GoM – [ASH] | Check out the GoMmunity!
main: Medeina (human d/d ele)
alts: yes xP

(edited by madchatter.7964)

in CDI

Posted by: Skythace.2345

Skythace.2345

1. Ironing out the WvW achievements. Are jumping puzzles and merc camp achievements really needed when queues are so huge? Keep the actual achievements that encourage to play WvW correctly.
2. Commander functions. Some fast commands that will be displayed for everybody atleast. Like Buff Up! Heal Up! Push!. Get rid of text suppression for commanders.
3. Own map for jumping puzzles. Just like EB jumping puzzle.
4. Skill lag.
5. Some ideas to break up the blob (50+ people) meta.
6. Should fully dead player ressing be even slower while in combat?

Skythace
[TLA] Thousand Lakes Alliance
Desolation

(edited by Skythace.2345)

in CDI

Posted by: Chaser.2870

Chaser.2870

1. Skill lag
2. Skill lag
3. Skill lag

Hm… I think I forgot to mention the skill lag.

Exactly I want

in CDI

Posted by: baseballguy.4865

baseballguy.4865

1) Voice to text
2)UI changes
3)Waypoint creation

in CDI

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

1. Skill lag
2. Commander UI
3. Squad/Party/Guild UI & Management

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

in CDI

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

1. Weekly matchups being decided exclusively by coverage differences with no impact whatsoever from player skill
2. Skill lag
3. Way too many game features favoring zerg play and brute-forcing your way to victory simply by outnumbering the enemy

in CDI

Posted by: xSwissroll.9820

xSwissroll.9820

1. commander system
2. Population balance
3. WvW vs PvE gears and rewards. (ascended n legendary stuff)

Swisspancake ~ Elementalist
[ZzZz]ZombieCoast
Toastie~

in CDI

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

1. Server imbalance & skill lagg
2. Alts: make them as strong as level 80s
3. Ascended gear: no

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain