10G/HR CoF Path 1 Farming [Guide]

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: matemaster.2168

matemaster.2168

guys are you working for chineese gold farming company ?
… no really the name of the game is GW2 not CoF P1

(edited by matemaster.2168)

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

guys are you working for chineese gold farming company ?
… no really the name of the game is GW2 not CoF P1

Could have fooled me

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Ioflux.4369

Ioflux.4369

This is the current speed run time we have btw.

Pretty good but you totes could do it faster with 2 thieves :X

Id like to see it be done faster with 2 thieves. Believe it when I see it.

PS: It can be done faster if we decided to use flame elementals / skale venom as well.

Posted by: Scootabuser.4915

Scootabuser.4915

PS: It can be done faster if we decided to use flame elementals / skale venom as well.

HOW FAR WILL YOU GO O.O

Insert Personal Achievements and/or Youtube Channel Here

Ioflux.4369

HOW FAR WILL YOU GO O.O

The day you prove your statement. Work time goes by slowly on some days.

Scootabuser.4915

HOW FAR WILL YOU GO O.O

I already accomplished my goal of having thieves universally accepted in groups, I never get kicked anymore

Ioflux.4369

HOW FAR WILL YOU GO O.O

I already accomplished my goal of having thieves universally accepted in groups, I never get kicked anymore

Not what we were discussing but ok.

Scootabuser.4915

And then I got my legendary and I never had to set foot in CoF ever again

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

10g per hour is a lie if you dont include the melton core and some rare drops you got once in awhile.

Even a team with the smartest mesmer + highest dps warriors, you can only do up to around 8 runs per hour no matter how fast you are. (You have to consider waiting and loading in and even selling trashes)

That only net you about 7g per hr maximum. (including selling all junks)
Plus you have to consider the diminishing reward of dungeon completion after redoing so many times . (It’ll drop down to 3s eventually), neting you less $$ after the first hour you run.

Scootabuser.4915

10g per hour is a lie if you dont include the melton core and some rare drops you got once in awhile.

Even a team with the smartest mesmer + highest dps warriors, you can only do up to around 8 runs per hour no matter how fast you are. (You have to consider waiting and loading in and even selling trashes)

Plus you have to consider the diminishing reward of dungeon completion after redoing so many times . (It’ll drop down to 3s eventually), neting you less $$ after the first hour you run.

Where is your math sir? We can do about 8 and a half runs per hour, each run netting around 1.50 gold.

And I very much do include core’s and rares, (not nearly as much as they ACTUALLY drop), but when your running so many runs it’s pretty much gonna happen.

10 gold was a LOWBALL

Aomine.5012

Where is your math sir? We can do about 8 and a half runs per hour, each run netting around 1.50 gold.

And I very much do include core’s and rares, (not nearly as much as they ACTUALLY drop), but when your running so many runs it’s pretty much gonna happen.

10 gold was a LOWBALL

Umm I dont use math, that was my personal experience tbh.
I just did it for an hr and then check how much more gold I have every time after an hour, that’s it.
Btw, Molten Core dropped down to 5~6s now, so it’s not that much either.
Unless you actually get an exotic (which is unlikely even after doing 8 runs), you would not get 10g for an hr.

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

10g/hr is a lie, you can show me the math n do w/e hypothetical 8 consecutive runs in 6 mins each. You are lying to youself.

Scootabuser.4915

60 minutes / 7 minutes per run = 8.5 runs per hour
10 Gold / 8.5 Runs = 1.18 Gold Per run

Are you saying that you don’t get 1.18 Gold Per run?

Posted by: Kajin.5301

Kajin.5301

What’s your take on our current situation?

Revealed 3s =>4s, so cof p1 specced d/d thief’s dps is lowered since we can’t backstab as fast, while on other side warriors’ banners get almost doubled in efficiency.

Feels like there’s no more point to bring a thief, bring another banner/war instead :-s

ps: thank god I got my Bolt crafted last week. I bet ppl now will be even more thiefophobic for p1 farmin

Skysap & Qaju & Juqa -VILE- Desolation

Aomine.5012

Go actually do about 2 hrs or more.
Go figure if you can maintain top speed 8.5 runs per hr.
8 is usually the fastest you can get considering all the leaving/joining/waiting/selling.
So you’ll need to earn 10/8 = 1.25gold per run to meet 10g.

And if you do your math correctly, the gold you will get per run will be:
6~26s(dgn reward)+ 20.16s(gilded infusion included)+27s+junks (about 5s)
= around 60s~80s
So unless you can actually get at least 2 rares PER run (which is HIGHLY UNLIKELY, unless you’re some mf noobs who sneak in the team and exploit your members),
there’s no-way you’ll get 10g per hr.

Actually, forget about the math, go join a PUGs 4 war 1 mes team on gw2lfg.com.
(The one that will actually check gears)
Go see how much you earn per hour.
I’ll bet that unless you get an exotic in that hour, there’s no-way it’ll be 10g in an hr.
Go figure.

Posted by: Cauldron.1653

Cauldron.1653

Whenever I read a gold/hr thread, I just assume that we are talking about theoretical max here. Because in all the threads I have seen (except for maybe one, the orr farming thread) noone actually takes the time to test it out fully.

They take a small time slice and etrxapolate. The actual rate in practical terms will be much lower. (it’s just inevitable…)

“Your subterfuge of incognizance will erode under my fulgent dupery”

ZilentNight.5089

Rofl 1.18g per run? hahahaha
You must be on some sort of high…

Slave driver: 16s (thats 10s + 4s(omnom) + 2s (Gilded Amulet)
Bonus Acolyte event: 10s
Final Boss: 16s
End Dungeon: 26s
16+ 10 + 16+26 = 68s

Also this is considering the end dungeon reward is 26s run afte run which is obviously not true, after first 2 runs you get DRed to half or less. Also the chests dont always drop you anything good, the average drop rate for rare/cores/lodestones is 1 in ever 3 runs. At the very most you walk away with 80s and thats your first run. This is after I give you an high estimate for everything.

Just because you love to do cof p1 doesnt mean it makes u 10g, whats more realistic is 4-5g per hr. This is simply due to ppl leaving after 1-2 runs, making groups, dungeon getting contested, people not always skipping cutscenes in time, People falling off cliffs.
Also now that quickness is nerfed, its going to be much closer to 4g/hr average from here on out. You obviously can get lucky with lodestones and exotics but thats not how you calculate average.

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

16+ 10 + 16+26 = 68s

Also this is considering the end dungeon reward is 26s run afte run which is obviously not true, after first 2 runs you get DRed to half or less. Also the chests dont always drop you anything good, the average drop rate for rare/cores/lodestones is 1 in ever 3 runs. At the very most you walk away with 80s and thats your first run. This is after I give you an high estimate for everything.

Just because you love to do cof p1 doesnt mean it makes u 10g, whats more realistic is 4-5g per hr. This is simply due to ppl leaving after 1-2 runs, making groups, dungeon getting contested, people not always skipping cutscenes in time, People falling off cliffs.
Also now that quickness is nerfed, its going to be much closer to 4g/hr average from here on out. You obviously can get lucky with lodestones and exotics but thats not how you calculate average.

I imagine they’re talking about selling off all stuff too. I do CoF zerk runs but haven’t really paid attention to exactly how much I make. I can tell it’s pretty darn good for the time investment.

Also the quickness nerf barely affected the run. You can still kill the slaver in a single TW. And the effigy takes slightly longer than it did.

ZilentNight.5089

Point is its definately a good farm but not anywhere close to 10g/hr which is the thread title and very misleadeing.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

16+ 10 + 16+26 = 68s

Don’t forget to turn your tokens into ecto

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Ioflux.4369

Please show me the math of how this is ~10g an hour not including exotics/yellows/lodestones.
(assuming bar)

First boss = 14s
Acolytes Chest = 10s
Final boss = 22s
Completion reward = 26s + 13s + 6.5s + 6.5s(continuous thereafter) (assumes you did your daily batch already)

Lets say on average you get 12-15 blues/greens from drops (~1s each) = 12-15s

A speed run takes 7min (from zone, door open, Path vote to final boss). People tend to forget to include zoning + path voting time as part of their run time. The only way to get a time faster than 6min is to abuse a bug with skipping but lets say that you’re not doing that bug.

60min / 7min = 8.57 runs an hour.

1st run = 14s+10s+22s+12-15s+26s = 84-87s
2nd run = 14s+10s+22s+12-15s+13s = 71-74s
3rd run = 14s+10s+22s+12-15s+6.5s = 64.5-67.5s
4th run = 14s+10s+22s+12-15s+6.5s = 64.5-67.5s
5th run = 14s+10s+22s+12-15s+6.5s = 64.5-67.5s
6th run = 14s+10s+22s+12-15s+6.5s = 64.5-67.5s
7th run = 14s+10s+22s+12-15s+6.5s = 64.5-67.5s
8th run = 14s+10s+22s+12-15s+6.5s = 64.5-67.5s

Total = 5.42g – 5.66g (for first hour, less for consecutive hours until you reset DR)

Include your tokens for ectos, you get

1st run = 26-29 tokens
2nd run = 16-29 tokens
3rd run = 11-14 tokens
4th run = 11-14 tokens
5th run = 11-14 tokens
6th run = 11-14 tokens
7th run = 11-14 tokens
8th run = 11-14 tokens

Total = 108 – 132 tokens.
Which comes out to ~4 yellows ~ 4 globs ~ 4×37s = 1.48g

So in 1hr you have 1.48g + 5.42-5.66 = 6.9g – 7.14g.

7.14g/hr assuming you can maintain 7min run indefinitely. Most groups average 7.5-9min run from very start till the next startup. No rares/exotics/lodestones included. This number will also drop after the first hour since you no longer get full silver and max tokens. Please enlighten me where this is ~10g.

tl;dr: nothing else better to do at work.

This is before ectos dropped in price. His math is horrible.

Posted by: Shadow Espada.9183

Shadow Espada.9183

I just base it off, 100b hits a bunch of times and the last hit is like 18-30k damage. On my thief, unload hits less times and end burst is 6k damage. I know unload is spammable, while 100b isnt as much, but still. I dont see how thiefs can outdamage.

The AoE is useful but i guess not “needed” as you described.

Ur comparing a melee warrior vs ranged thief lol. No wayy a warrior can out DPS my thief. My friend’s HB does 47k max in 1.75sec with WT + 25 stack of might n’ 25 vul on warden . While my thief’s CaD + BS does 51k+ in just .375 with TW and Its spammable every 3 sec. Auto attkin-wise, thief still does more dmg. and when prisoner has 50% HP n under my HS does 15k-23k in just .375 sec and can be spammed 5x in 2 sec with TW. Thats 75k-115k in just 2 sec. :P
Dont 4get about Thief guild n’ Ambush they do xtra dmg. But ofcourse, its hard to find a thief who actually know his stuff and with the right Trait. Thats how veryyyy few theaves can 1.90-4sec a gate in P1. ^-^

This is my run with my 2 friends + a decent and a pug who took the vid and only does 24k HB on first boss(slowed our run by alot.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwsSAHyhTb0

Ioflux.4369

I just base it off, 100b hits a bunch of times and the last hit is like 18-30k damage. On my thief, unload hits less times and end burst is 6k damage. I know unload is spammable, while 100b isnt as much, but still. I dont see how thiefs can outdamage.

Ur comparing a melee warrior vs ranged thief lol. No wayy a warrior can out DPS my thief. My friend’s HB does 47k max in 1.75sec with WT + 25 stack of might n’ 25 vul on warden . While my thief’s CaD + BS does 51k+ in just .375 with TW and Its spammable every 3 sec. Auto attkin-wise, thief still does more dmg. and when prisoner has 50% HP n under my HS does 15k-23k in just .375 sec and can be spammed 5x in 2 sec with TW. Thats 75k-115k in just 2 sec. :P
Dont 4get about Thief guild n’ Ambush they do xtra dmg. But ofcourse, its hard to find a thief who actually know his stuff and with the right Trait. Thats how veryyyy few theaves can 1.90-4sec a gate in P1. ^-^

This is my run with my 2 friends + a decent and a pug who took the vid and only does 24k HB on first boss(slowed our run by alot.)

Here is a perfect example of a group that doesn’t time their “farming time” properly and decides time ticks the moment magg opens the door and not the entrance zone.

4 Warriors still do it faster. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgz5rGkDXZA

Magg doesnt open the door till past 50s. You’re looking at 20~30seconds faster with warriors. Nice try though.

Shadow Espada.9183

Here is a perfect example of a group that doesn’t time their “farming time” properly and decides time ticks the moment magg opens the door and not the entrance zone.

Magg doesnt open the door till past 50s. You’re looking at 20~30seconds faster with warriors. Nice try though.

Like I said LOL thats a run recorded by a pug, and a decent warrior. Not a Full DPS group. See his dmg? His HB does half of my CaD + BS so does his auto attks and they dont kill Acolytes fast enough. When i farm with my full DPS friend we do 10-13 sec Effigy. If u want we can compare the diff between ur warrior and my thief’s DPS.

Ioflux.4369

Like I said LOL thats a run recorded by a pug, and a decent warrior. Not a Full DPS group. See his dmg? His HB does half of my CaD + BS so does his auto attks and they dont kill Acolytes fast enough. When i farm with my full DPS friend we do 10-13 sec Effigy. If u want we can compare the diff between ur warrior and my thief’s DPS.

Beat the time, otherwise its just talk, no different than scooter talking to just bump this thread.

For the record: I dont “hate” thieves for running cof, but to advocate that the fastest time is done with thieves, it’s misleading. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Posted by: Ummeiko.5318

Ummeiko.5318

Honestly, just post a video. From zone in to end reward. It’s not a 5:10 (your words in the video) run if you skip the first minute to 90 seconds of the instance.

I have no problem with other classes, and hell, maybe you’re right. I wouldn’t mind a bit more diversity.

But theoretical paper dps and “this attack does more damage than your attack” doesn’t prove much over the course of a whole run in a group setting. Nor do excuses of pugs or not a dps group or the moon wasn’t in the proper phase or mercury retrograde.

Marumari – Asura Warrior
Ummei – Asura Ele

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Weird, my full zerker d/d thief doesn’t do 51k cnd+backstabs even with 25 stacks of might and 25 stacks of vuln.

tl:dr fake numbers are fake.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Shadow Espada.9183

Weird, my full zerker d/d thief doesn’t do 51k cnd+backstabs even with 25 stacks of might and 25 stacks of vuln.

Lol not every thief can hit that hard, try using 30/30(+30%crt dmg)/ 0/ 0/ 10, Superior scholars rune(10%dmg^90%HP) with +10% more dmg when target has condition(trait under 25th Deadly arts) and +20%dmg (30th trait Critical Sctikes), +10% more dmg when initiative is over 6(25th trait in Critical strikes) plus 20%dmg from Superior sigil of Smothering/Night. On top of that all possible Ascended Accessory, Ring, Back, Amulet with the +4-5 mighty infusion for amulet,back, and rings.
…..but with right traits/sigil/runes buffs thats additional 50-60% dmg. See what u get.

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

I have been wondering if Sigil of night stacked with Sigil of Smoldering. Is this confirmed?

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

Ioflux.4369

Lol not every thief can hit that hard, try using 30/30(+30%crt dmg)/ 0/ 0/ 10, Superior scholars rune(10%dmg^90%HP) with +10% more dmg when target has condition(trait under 25th Deadly arts) and +20%dmg (30th trait Critical Sctikes), +10% more dmg when initiative is over 6(25th trait in Critical strikes) plus 20%dmg from Superior sigil of Smothering/Night. On top of that all possible Ascended Accessory, Ring, Back, Amulet with the +4-5 mighty infusion for amulet,back, and rings.
…..but with right traits/sigil/runes buffs thats additional 50-60% dmg. See what u get.

The conditions you are stacking to make this number is not “consistent” and therefore not applicable to describing as the “norm”. You will not be sitting on 90%+ hp all the time, your initiative is not always “higher than 6”. Do not take your “highest possible damage” and claim it as a standard. I can say a warrior HB + Whirlwind can hit over 70k (yes it can) in a short time frame, but to say that that number is what you should be hitting at all times is foolish and misleading.

In terms of only warrior vs thief in single target burst, a thief CAN outburst a warrior, but in a party scenario, thief not providing party utilities drop the overall DPS of the party for that minor burst difference between the two classes. I don’t mind taking good thieves for cof runs, but there’s less cushion on a thief than a warrior.

PS: Warriors can 1 shot eviscerate the acolytes so the difference is backstab speed vs eviscerate speed. The discrepancy moreso comes from if you are next to the acolyte when they spawn or not.

Shadow Espada.9183

The conditions you are stacking to make this number is not “consistent” and therefore not applicable to describing as the “norm”. You will not be sitting on 90%+ hp all the time, your initiative is not always “higher than 6”. Do not take your “highest possible damage” and claim it as a standard. I can say a warrior HB + Whirlwind can hit over 70k (yes it can) in a short time frame, but to say that that number is what you should be hitting at all times is foolish and misleading.

In terms of only warrior vs thief in single target burst, a thief CAN outburst a warrior, but in a party scenario, thief not providing party utilities drop the overall DPS of the party for that minor burst difference between the two classes. I don’t mind taking good thieves for cof runs, but there’s less cushion on a thief than a warrior.

PS: Warriors can 1 shot eviscerate the acolytes so the difference is backstab speed vs eviscerate speed. The discrepancy moreso comes from if you are next to the acolyte when they spawn or not.

Lol where did I mention a party of theaves + mesmer. What am saying is a having 2-3 warriors with 3 FgJ + Battle standards and mesmer with mirror blade and Signet of inspiration would bring Vulnerability and Might stack to the max(25stack). 3-4th warrior is not needed. A thief or 2 with hounds/ambush would do more dmg. and with Critical Strike’s 15th trait grants more initiative(20% change on crit) and “VIII, Signet Use” gives more initiative…also 1rst tree under trikery grants 3 ini on steal..soo yes u can easily have 6+ initiative AT ALL TIMES…..and besides theaves can only use CAD 2x and boss would b dead. And staying at the maxed dagger range would make the warrior the punching bag for the boss and that would keep theave’s HP at 100% most of the runs. Been there Done all that
2 warrior with FgJ/Battle standard, 1 mes, mirror blade, 2 theaves with steal, grants initiate 13 might stack x2 using signet of inspiration…..
Vulnerability and Might will still be at maxed.

PS: steal(instant) + CAD easily kills colyte, no (Backstab needed)
and while invis head to the second acolyte n backstab that instead(use HS to get close to them ASAP).

Ioflux.4369

Lol where did I mention a party of theaves + mesmer. What am saying is a having 2-3 warriors with 3 FgJ + Battle standards and mesmer with mirror blade and Signet of inspiration would bring Vulnerability and Might stack to the max(25stack). 3-4th warrior is not needed. A thief or 2 with hounds/ambush would do more dmg. and with Critical Strike’s 15th trait grants more initiative(20% change on crit) and “VIII, Signet Use” gives more initiative…also 1rst tree under trikery grants 3 ini on steal..soo yes u can easily have 6+ initiative AT ALL TIMES…..and besides theaves can only use CAD 2x and boss would b dead. And staying at the maxed dagger range would make the warrior the punching bag for the boss and that would keep theave’s HP at 100% most of the runs. Been there Done all that
2 warrior with FgJ/Battle standard, 1 mes, mirror blade, 2 theaves with steal, grants initiate 13 might stack x2 using signet of inspiration…..

woosh, I can make ideal scenarios too and claim it universally. No where did I say take 4 thieves and 1 mesmer so I don’t know why you even brought that up.

We can keep talking about theorycrafting all day, in the end, it means nothing without a video. So when you get that, then we can talk. Mind you, no one in that video bothered getting Sigil of Smoldering nor Sigil of night just for cof runs. Those builds being used are universally ran from CoF, CoE, Melee Lupicus, to AC, to every other dungeon video made by that guild. I can guarantee our times could be even faster if we really decided to push out maximum speed by running dungeon specific sigils, damage food, Atk Dmg booster from gems, stacking bloodlusts, swapping gimmicky utilities for EVERY mob encounter.

We’ve asked scootabuster to upload a video of his proclaimed “thief in party do it faster” well over 1month+ now. I can only assume he has not been able to do so when he himself has stated that he’ll be loading one “soon” and that he’s farmed CoF enough to have gotten his legendary by now.

PS: You missed the point about the acolytes, the difference in time of killing the acolyte with a thief and warrior is <1s to where its not the deciding factor. The deciding factor is if all 4 people are standing next to one when they spawn.

(edited by Ioflux.4369)

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

I run basically the same build (25/30/0/0/15) and same gear. The only difference is I don’t use the gimmick sigils. My best slave drive cnd+backstab was around 32k. As far as buffs go, I was using flame legion tonic and omnombars. I suppose butternut curry squash could have pushed it a bit more.

That said the 15% extra you’re getting from those sigils doesn’t seem to close the gap of 18k damage. Even considering the mighty infusions adding 20 power thats like, .05% more damage.

Please post some kind of evidence, I would love to be proven wrong.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Shadow Espada.9183

woosh, I can make ideal scenarios too and claim it universally. No where did I say take 4 thieves and 1 mesmer so I don’t know why you even brought that up.

We can keep talking about theorycrafting all day, in the end, it means nothing without a video. So when you get that, then we can talk. Mind you, no one in that video bothered getting Sigil of Smoldering nor Sigil of night just for cof runs. Those builds being used are universally ran from CoF, CoE, Melee Lupicus, to AC, to every other dungeon video made by that guild. I can guarantee our times could be even faster if we really decided to push out maximum speed by running dungeon specific sigils, damage food, Atk Dmg booster from gems, stacking bloodlusts, swapping gimmicky utilities for EVERY mob encounter.

We’ve asked scootabuster to upload a video of his proclaimed “thief in party do it faster” well over 1month+ now. I can only assume he has not been able to do so when he himself has stated that he’ll be loading one “soon” and that he’s farmed CoF enough to have gotten his legendary by now.

PS: You missed the point about the acolytes, the difference in time of killing the acolyte with a thief and warrior is <1s to where its not the deciding factor. The deciding factor is if all 4 people are standing next to one when they spawn.

LOL aight aight lets rephrase.
“In terms of only warrior vs thief in single target burst, a thief CAN outburst a warrior, but in a party scenario, thief not providing party utilities drop the overall DPS of the party for that minor burst difference between the two classes.”
“In terms of only warrior vs thief in single target burst, a thief CAN outburst a warrior”
soo true.
“but in a party scenario, thief not providing party utilities drop the overall DPS of the party”
true again.
But, all u need is 2 warriors to provide maxed might+vul, therefore 2 war/2thief/1mes, would do most outgoing DPS. I mean u already have maxed of everything and might stack doesnt go over 25, IF POSSIBLE 4 warriors can but its just not possible lol
4 thief may not be as good, but you never know what 8 hounds+4 Ambush+11might stack atleast n 25Vul does(never tried it).
And I have both Mes/Thief, So I would know how 4 war/Mes runs and war/mes/thief together.

Ioflux.4369

“In terms of only warrior vs thief in single target burst, a thief CAN outburst a warrior, but in a party scenario, thief not providing party utilities drop the overall DPS of the party for that minor burst difference between the two classes.”
“In terms of only warrior vs thief in single target burst, a thief CAN outburst a warrior”
soo true.
“but in a party scenario, thief not providing party utilities drop the overall DPS of the party”
true again.
But, all u need is 2 warriors to provide maxed might+vul, therefore 2 war/2thief/1mes, would do most outgoing DPS. I mean u already have maxed of everything and might stack doesnt go over 25, IF POSSIBLE 4 warriors can but its just not possible lol
4 thief may not be as good, but you never know what 8 hounds+4 Ambush+11might stack atleast n 25Vul does(never tried it).
And I have both Mes/Thief, So I would know how 4 war/Mes runs and war/mes/thief together.

“yawn”, again we can theory craft as much as you want, in the end, our video outruns yours “theorycrafted party”. So when you can provide footage, all your arguments to prove your point are null and void.

I’ve played all 8 classes of the game, it does not make it credible for people to believe when I say I know how all classes work with all their builds (which I know I don’t). I rely on visuals to prove my point, something that people can see and is unrefutable, not scribbles written in someone’s head of the ideal theorycrafted scenario.

Footage > Theorycraft.

I will accept your setup can do it faster when you can beat our speedrun, and we attempt to optimize our equipment for cof run specifically and still can’t beat it. Until then, our non cof specialized equipment setup still outruns the one you’re boasting.

Aomine.5012

and while invis head to the second acolyte n backstab that instead(use HS to get close to them ASAP).

We don’t really care about your blabbering or theory crafting.
His time beats you, that’s the fact.
If you wanna prove him wrong, show another video record in his way and then prove him wrong. End of story.

And since you’re talking about PuGs, it’s much easier to find a decent warrior than a decent thief, since many of the thieves are so BS that ppl don’t wanna waste time trying on all the thieves out there.

Anyway, please guys, back to topic.
Where’s the 10g in an hr?

Ioflux.4369

If you wanna prove him wrong, show another video record in his way and then prove him wrong. End of story.

And since you’re talking about PuGs, it’s much easier to find a decent warrior than a decent thief, since many of the thieves are so BS that ppl don’t wanna waste time trying on all the thieves out there.

“Ioflux.4369:
Please show me the math of how this is ~10g an hour not including exotics/yellows/lodestones.
(assuming bar)
First boss = 14s
Acolytes Chest = 10s
Final boss = 22s
Completion reward = 26s + 13s + 6.5s + 6.5s(continuous thereafter) (assumes you did your daily batch already)
A speed run takes 7min (from zone, door open, Path vote to final boss). People tend to forget to include zoning + path voting time as part of their run time. The only way to get a time faster than 6min is to abuse a bug with skipping but lets say that you’re not doing that bug.
Total = 5.42g – 5.66g (for first hour, less for consecutive hours until you reset DR)
1st run = 26-29 tokens
2nd run = 16-29 tokens
3rd run = 11-14 tokens
4th run = 11-14 tokens
5th run = 11-14 tokens
6th run = 11-14 tokens
7th run = 11-14 tokens
8th run = 11-14 tokens
7.14g/hr assuming you can maintain 7min run indefinitely. Most groups average 7.5-9min run from very start till the next startup. No rares/exotics/lodestones included. This number will also drop after the first hour since you no longer get full silver and max tokens. Please enlighten me where this is ~10g.
tl;dr: nothing else better to do at work.”

Yeah, I agree with you, I still never seen ~10g an hour without gettin lucky for lodes / rares / exotics. (I’ve had runs where 2-3hrs worth i got none of those). And I’ve clocked well over 300-400 hours worth of cof farming for multiple legendaries.

Posted by: thisisu.7504

thisisu.7504

Yawn indeed. fifteen

Thisisu – Mesmer – FotM 51
Thisisudax – Guardian – FotM 49
Fractal Videos: http://www.youtube.com/thisisudax

Aomine.5012

Btw, I bet that warrior is not full zerk and does not use max dm trait.
In a properly geared team with banners and 70 power passive, a warrior HB can hit up to 35~40k (And a proper 4 war team will quickly stack up 25 vulnerable), and normal attack can hit up to 6k~7k per hit.

Anyway, to all seriousness, you still can’t get 10g/hr and nor does that really matter.
Just relax and do it in an enjoyable way (like chatting to each other in hiding part)

(edited by Aomine.5012)

Posted by: joeytan.3865

joeytan.3865

I was wondering what build you guys use to farm. I used to play on my own zerker mesmer but I’m using my frens warrior not to play. So I have no previous knowledge of playing war.

Thus it would be great if someone could pass me a link of the optimum build for cof 1 farming.

Shadow Espada.9183

Fact says, my time beat their even with FIVE sec delay spawn on ALL acolytes and with 5 sec quest(run to acolyte) delay after slave driver was killed due to the patch long ago on March. Btw thieves was nerfed with 4s reveal and Mesmer with 50% TimeWarp bahh blahhh blahhh

Posted by: VanityValentine.6203

VanityValentine.6203

Fact says, my time beat their even with FIVE sec delay spawn on ALL acolytes and with 5 sec quest(run to acolyte) delay after slave driver was killed due to the patch long ago on March. Btw thieves was nerfed with 4s reveal and Mesmer with 50% TimeWarp bahh blahhh blahhh

You cant compare a Thief/War/Mes with just War/Mes…We all know Thieves out DPS Warriors even with Reveal Nerf

Posted by: Iures.2894

Iures.2894

You cant compare a Thief/War/Mes with just War/Mes…We all know Thieves out DPS Warriors even with Reveal Nerf

Wait, hasn’t he been arguing this entire time that two Warriors and a Mesmer is all the group buffing you need, and that after that bringing in Thieves allows for more damage? Because, that’s what I remember him as saying, and that’s what his video purports to show, but for some reason you say that’s not allowed?

Shadow Espada.9183

soo true.
true again.

“yawn”, again we can theory craft as much as you want, in the end, our video outruns yours “theorycrafted party”. So when you can provide footage, all your arguments to prove your point are null and void.

I’ve played all 8 classes of the game, it does not make it credible for people to believe when I say I know how all classes work with all their builds (which I know I don’t). I rely on visuals to prove my point, something that people can see and is unrefutable, not scribbles written in someone’s head of the ideal theorycrafted scenario.

Footage > Theorycraft.

I will accept your setup can do it faster when you can beat our speedrun, and we attempt to optimize our equipment for cof run specifically and still can’t beat it. Until then, our non cof specialized equipment setup still outruns the one you’re boasting.

So much for “Theorycrafting”, and btw, this was done with TW/Reveal n’ Dungeon Nerfed…..soo You’re looking at a 30sec speed diff with thieves, and wait…thats just with 2 thieves, 3 can do it faster…
And ulike other people, I dont believe in theorycraft, I believe in simple logic.
Yawn

Posted by: haxi.9038

haxi.9038

“Ioflux.4369:
(assuming bar)
First boss = 14s
Acolytes Chest = 10s
Final boss = 22s
1st run = 26-29 tokens
2nd run = 16-29 tokens
3rd run = 11-14 tokens
4th run = 11-14 tokens
5th run = 11-14 tokens
6th run = 11-14 tokens
7th run = 11-14 tokens
8th run = 11-14 tokens
tl;dr: nothing else better to do at work.”

Yeah, I agree with you, I still never seen ~10g an hour without gettin lucky for lodes / rares / exotics. (I’ve had runs where 2-3hrs worth i got none of those). And I’ve clocked well over 300-400 hours worth of cof farming for multiple legendaries.

Hi lolflux, I’m Mercy!

VanityValentine.6203

Wait, hasn’t he been arguing this entire time that two Warriors and a Mesmer is all the group buffing you need, and that after that bringing in Thieves allows for more damage? Because, that’s what I remember him as saying, and that’s what his video purports to show, but for some reason you say that’s not allowed?

Nah, I mean a mixed group of warriors/mes/thieves does the run faster. But most to all warriors here bubt that. AND UNLIKE them, I dont need a video to believes that 2thieves/2warrior/1mesmer is faster than 1mes/4warriors…Its just common sense.
Espada’s Video sure is way faster(with mixed group).

Posted by: Iures.2894

Iures.2894

Nah, I mean a mixed group of warriors/mes/thieves does the run faster. But most to all warriors here bubt that. AND UNLIKE them, I dont need a video to believes that 2thieves/2warrior/1mesmer is faster than 1mes/4warriors…Its just common sense.

I think I may’ve just misinterpreted your last post, then, sorry. :p

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Here’s your updated video:

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Espada’s Video definitely is slower. And now they are saying stuff like “well the warrior was late” or “I didn’t blink” or “The thief used his elite” So what! All that kitten lead to a slower run! Which is the point.

“I believe what I believe and all evidence that points else where is blasphemy!”

RIP in peace Robert

VanityValentine.6203

Espada’s Video definitely is slower. And now they are saying stuff like “well the warrior was late” or “I didn’t blink” or “The thief used his elite” So what! All that kitten lead to a slower run! Which is the point.

“I believe what I believe and all evidence that points else where is blasphemy!”

LOl calm down, records are ment to b broken…dont 4get about that..and as mentioned on youtube….“Slow Run”to begin with.
Im sure they’ll update a vid when they get a chance to.
Soo yeah chill out no need to rage

I saw both vid ….gj on both teams and DPS-wise I calculated both their Slaver/ Effigy dmg
and Espada does more dmg than Strife by tens of thousands more.