Broken events in Arah Explorable Dungeon

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Next

Hey folks,

Can you please post here about broken events in the Arah dungeon? I’ve been fixing bugs all around the dungeons, but I’d like to take a moment to focus on Arah.
I’m not asking about events that are too hard that your group spends an hour on. I’m more concerned about things like the following: The NPC dies as the event ends and then the door doesn’t open because she doesn’t say her lines.

I have a few bugs to fix for the dungeon on my plate already, but I would like to know about the issues you run into as well to see which ones overlap, and which ones I simply don’t know about.

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Arah-path-4/first#post752563

I’ve seen a few posters with similar problems as mine from that earlier thread. I’ve also read about some in path 1 and path 2(?). I couldn’t give specifics on those first hand.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

Posted by: Nebilim.5127

Nebilim.5127

The ones that i encountered.

You cannot see the last boss of path 4. I cannot see in my screen the bloodstone shard. Happened with other friends too. I can still hit him.

Fairly often, a few monsters from the golem part on path 2 will ignore the inquest “attract turret” at end and pursue you to kill. Would also appreciate if you could move the waypoint just a bit to the left because the monsters have a huge aoe instantly killing anyone that spawn on that waypoint if they stay there too long.

Several stuck events leading to open arah. The NPC simply do not start them.

Bugs that i heard from friends

Last door of path 1 do not open if the npc dies
Lupicus door not open on path 2 if the npc dies beforehand
Lupicus not entering aggro mode if the npc dies before entering the room
The whisky skills replaces permanently the skills of the person on path 1 even if he drops it(it also hit allies, bug or intended?)

I know this is for arah but there are other bugs that i haven’t seen a fix or mentioned here. After killing the last boss of Honor of the waves path 3, you can clip through a wall and fight the boss of path 2 for an extra quick 60 tokens.

The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
It is God’s decision that i fight.
As knight of honor, as protector of the sin. I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Previous

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Next

posting from a PM:

The door in path 2 will sometimes not open. The one before lupicus, I believe? I’m not sure if this one is fixed but it’s one of the ones I’ve been told about. Path one’s door bugs and players must shadowstep through the wall if the NPC dies to get the reward. Path four’s final boss sometimes won’t start, either. Finally, path four’s sparks during the dwayna fight will kind of just hang around randomly instead of going into their cells, and there are people who have been petrified and stay petrified despite having a tear used on them.

Posted by: Nebilim.5127

Nebilim.5127

YES i almost forgot it…how could i:

The whole spark thing on dwayna is extremely bugged. Even if the cage is empty and you lure them to there, nothing happens.

For example, first time is normal, you can lure the 5 sparks to their respective cages. But after that, some of the cages remain active, and some of the activated sparks goes invisible leaving the cages empty. Then you have to start luring them around each cage until it works.

Also confirming the petrifying thing not working when a tear is thrown.
And sometimes, you get petrified two times in a row. You are petrified with a dead eye stare and gets immediately petrified again when you get out.
Sometimes, you can still move while petrified but not attack.

The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
It is God’s decision that i fight.
As knight of honor, as protector of the sin. I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.

Posted by: Catcrafter.3917

Catcrafter.3917

Hi, we on the Ring of fire server are unable to enter Arah dungeon for 2 weeks now because the pre-event is bugged. Can devs give us any confirmation that this is being looked at? I would much appreciate that.

Posted by: Addihul.6941

Addihul.6941

We are currently in Arah Path 4 and have defeated all the bosses prior to Gigantus. We’re standing right in front of him now and he won’t aggro up. He’s still in his green form, and his body is shaking back and forth slightly. We tried pulling the NPC to him, pulling mobs to him, running back out and in of dungeon, you name it. We’d like to be able to salvage the last couple hours if possible. /help!

Posted by: Kellie.3687

Kellie.3687

Bug: Lupicus

While it is not directly a bug, it should be seen as one, Lupicus will spawn grubs on Ranger pets, Necro minions and just about any other entity. This should, and never should be the case.

You have asked for Arah bugs, this one does cover many instances right now and needs to be resolved and removed from your design for any future instances, you lately made the same mistake with the Jade Maw.

Effect of Bug:
We do not take Necros with 5 points in the death tree to Arah. Because of the terrible jagged horror. They result in Lupi gaining more stacks because they are in melee range, for lupi to spawn grubs on.

(edited by Kellie.3687)

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

Lupicus:
-Resetting at random times (I’ve only experienced this once, it was when he was supposed to change to the 2nd phase but he regenerated to full HP instead)
-Targetting the same player throughout an entire phase. This is not necessarily a bug but it really sucks for the player and the fight gets a bit boring for the rest of the team.
-You can get stuck in the “barrier” around his death cage thing. You keep getting knocked down and take heavy damage even if you are outside the cage.

Path 1:
-The tar elemental boss (I think it’s called Legendary Skaggoth) sometimes places the covered in tar debuff on you. Some times this debuff cannot be removed with the whiskey, and you have to either die or wait 50 seconds for it to expire.
-Abilities remain disabled even after the debuff is removed. You have to relog in order to get your abilities back
-If the NPC dies during the stargazer fight she gets stuck and will not open the door

Path 2:
-Some times it feels like the golem suit doesn’t respond to the power discharges. Not sure if this is a bug or just the result of PING.
-Lupicus gates not opening
-Alphard gets stuck when teleporting and doesn’t use any abilities until she reaches 75/50/25% HP and summons illusions
-Alphard staying on one target during the entire fight (A bit like Lupicus, not necessarily a bug but it can be frustrating for the player)

Path 3:
-Invisible projectiles thrown by the risen hands during the second fight

Path 4:
-The Lyssa boss gets stuck straight from the beginning and doesn’t use a single ability.
-Lupicus doesn’t wake up after the cutscene.
-Personally I’ve never had any difficulties with this part but the spark AI during the Simin fight is apparently not always the best
-The bloodstone does not become hostile after the risen around it have been killed

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

on a further note about what you said my groups had found a way around that, the person the npc was following stays outside and spam chats with her. The NEW bug however, is that the fire stays after the boss dies so the npc can STILL RUN INTO THE FIRE AND DIE even though the boss had already been killed.

More on p1, the ancient ooze can get stuck in the beside the wall on the left as you turn right, entering on the side with the risen.
Sometimes when standing on the oil spouts for the tar monster, the tar won’t stop spouting thus summoning more tar minions until the person repositions. Also things like guardian burn and engi flamethrower don’t apply the same burn as the 500 year old whiskey. Might not be a bug but certainly doesn’t seem right.’
Sometimes after killing the ooze the 3 risen that are supposed to flood the area get stuck around the corner and don’t go in.
After the NPC dies after the jotun, when I try to bug the door and teleport through it (to get the kitten tokens, do not remove that option), sometimes I can fall through the floor and be able to see the underside of the entire underside of the city of arah. It looks like a floating palace inside an eerie yellowish environment.

P2, all I can think of atm is at the end the visuals for when you’re out of phase sometimes don’t click in or click in and out during the fight.

P3, the first boss, the hunter guy, is immune to blinds even though his tool tip says nothing about that.

still haven’t completed p4 so I guess just try and fix those sparks and other than that idk. Oh and the npc also is a melee dbag that spawns grubs, making it impossible to stop Lupi from eating those free grubs unless we intentionally kill the npc before the fight.

General
Lupi
Sometimes Lupi resets himself back to p1 and full hp even when there are people still in the room and attacking him. This happens especially often when a thief uses the stealth to heal skill or the goes invis at 25% ability while lupi is focusing them. Another This could be fixed by giving Lupi a grace period of something like 15s of 0 damage and 0 targets before he is allowed to reset.
Sometimes the npcs just drop whatever it is they are doing and just sit still until someone actively goes back and searches for them and talks to them. Until that point they won’t do anything and you can’t progress.
Lupi can shoot over some projectile block like smoke screen, not very often but it does happen.
Sometimes Lupi gets stuck on 1 player, once in p2 (p3 is understandable and happens often there but not in p2) he will spam his single target nuke at 1 player up to 4 times, dash to the player, and continue shooting at that same player until they are dead. Thank god I was a thief when this happened to me or else I would have died much faster.
Some projectile reflection abilities (like feedback) can reflect lupi’s rapid fire but it is very inconsistent. If a thief uses dagger storm inside the aoe they still die.
If you are standing a solid foot (assuming a foot in tyria is the same as a foot on earth :P) outside the aoe of both rapid fire AND his p3 drain (where he floats) and it will still deal damage to the player.
Sometimes Lupi won’t do his single target animation or even look at the play but the player will still get struck by an invisible single target nuke, usually happens as he does the animation for his massive aoe attack in p2.
This is merely visual but sometimes when we reset lupi during p1 because grubs, the indicator still says that he has the buffs active even after he resets. This isn’t bad because as soon as you start attacking him again the indicator vanishes.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

randomfightfan.4091

Deadeyes, you can block their sniper fire with abilities like smoke screen but if you use dagger storm, the shot will shoot right through your reflection and drop you instantly. Also blinds don’t do anything

Illusionists
Don’t know if it is intended but their chaos storm damage seems way too high considering the minimalistic damage the player’s chaos storm can deal.

If only 1 player is inside the city at the time and they talk to the npc to decide which path to take, if the player accidentally presses the interact button (for me it’s f) the path choice screen disappears and can not be brought back up again.
I found this ^ out when I decided to solo the p3 first 2 bosses. Reset the dungeon and was actually able to kill them both. They should be buffed imo, not hp wise but damage wise. Also the hammer guy shouldn’t just have the 1 attack and should be able to kill people if they are standing on those 2 balls on the wall.

Sometimes an enemy can attack and kill you but if you try to attack them it indicates that they are invulnerable. Can happen of any non boss type champion.

Also the gates of arah won’t open so people can’t even get into the dungeon but you all obviously know about that one already.

And that is all I can think of atm but I am tired so maybe I’ll remember more later.

Posted by: Gab.5630

Gab.5630

I don’t know if this can help,by the way sometimes in path1 Ooze stucks,and he keeps jumping withouth moving
( i wasn’t able to reproduce it ,but here a screen http://i.imgur.com/U4tO2.jpg )
During fighting Korga it also stucks into “pillars”
(Here 2 screens,same run,but i called friends becouse Legendary Tar spawns only with 4 people…http://i.imgur.com/gZ78t.jpg http://i.imgur.com/V7m9e.jpg )

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

On Lupicus :
When I was the only one alive to fight him, I used some stealth and the guy just immediately reseted and went back to full back in less than 1 second, coming back to P1 O_o
I think he should take more time to reset or even should not reset if this is only a stealth :/

Bukkebruse.2810

P3, the first boss, the hunter guy, is immune to blinds even though his tool tip says nothing about that.

Blinds are less effective on enemies with the Defiant buff.

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Bug: Lupicus

While it is not directly a bug, it should be seen as one, Lupicus will spawn grubs on Ranger pets, Necro minions and just about any other entity. This should, and never should be the case.

You have asked for Arah bugs, this one does cover many instances right now and needs to be resolved and removed from your design for any future instances, you lately made the same mistake with the Jade Maw.

Effect of Bug:
We do not take Necros with 5 points in the death tree to Arah. Because of the terrible jagged horror. They result in Lupi gaining more stacks because they are in melee range, for lupi to spawn grubs on.

It also forces Mesmers to run GS, although the fact that he has all the AoE means all other weapons are pretty much useless against him. I don’t mind being forced to use GS, but I really feel like Mesmers need another range-AA weapon. Kind of off-topic.

Posted by: xvalkyrie.6742

xvalkyrie.6742

There seems to be a bug with the waypoints in Path 1 (Jotun) after you kill the tar boss, no waypoint spawns. To me this seems like a bug, because if you do another path (I believe it’s path 3, the Forgotten) there will be a waypoint spawned in the tar boss’ room, even though you never go that way during that path. So it just ‘feels’ like the waypoint is spawning in the wrong explore path once you pass the light orb hot potato part (in Path 3) and never spawning in Path 1.

Path 4, if no one has mentioned Randall, I will again, because the dude is melee and annoying. Can you give him a rifle instead of a sword and shield, until something else is done with npc AI? He runs up to Lupi and spawns grubs under his feet, and sparks chase him in the dwayna priest encounter. The other 3 paths have ranged npcs that, while still mildly annoying, don’t cause anywhere near the problems he does due to being melee.

People have already mentioned Path 1 npc dying in the stargazer room to the fire that stays active after the stargazer dies. (If she runs into it, she dies, and will not complete the dialogue to open the door). Those are really the only bugs I can think of that we’ve experienced.

Valkyrie – [RMPG] Blackgate
Altaholic, can never have just one!

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Don’t forget about the most important one, the door to Arah won’t open on some server or some bugs preventing the door to open, if you can’t figure what it is just have it permanently opened until you do.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

Path 1: Waypoint is really REALLY far away from Lupicus so if you do wipe you have to spend 10 minutes or more just running back which is just a waste of time which is odd because the waypoint is there on all other paths. I understand the need for no graveyard zergs but 10 minutes walk? (Correct me if this has been changed haven’t done path 1 in weeks).

Path 4: Most of the bosses have too much health, I love this path but they simply have too much of it dragging the fight on needlessly.

The mesmer boss Farnaz sometimes like other bosses stops using her abilities with a high dps group (at least I assume that’s it as it happens with Subject Alpha as well)

Simins, The sparks sometimes spontaneously loose aggro and reset to their original position. Also hitting her in a corner when stealthed and having to drag out tears as the only realistic way to beat this encounter feels off. Maybe have her be outside in the first place and have tears spawn outside and have her regen while in stealth be a bit less so more group setups can complete this fight.

Lupicus, NPC (RAWR Randall!), clones, pets, minions etc. have grubs spawning on them making the first phase very boring for some professions (as you can only really use auto-attack as a greatsword mesmer basically) and the safest is to keep Randall out of the fight for the first phase as it’s too much of a gamble otherwise with him being melee.

We’ve avoided running path 1 and 2 because we’ve heard about the gate not opening for some so until that’s fixed and confirmed we will stick to 3 and 4 just to be safe

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Posted by: Daddy.1825

Daddy.1825

yea sometimes Giganticus will Target just one person and one person only. making for a wipe pretty easy

Posted by: morganabanana.3517

morganabanana.3517

Path 1:

The Tar elemental boss. We ran into the issue the other day where if you died while the covered in tar debuff was on you, your skillbar would remain locked permanently until you left the dungeon and reentered.

Posted by: wiloman.8613

wiloman.8613

1) Arah gate events are bugged, can’t open it. It’s been that way for…a month ?

2) When Lupicus does his big AoE in phase 2, it hits all over the place (even if not in the red circles) and sometimes without the animation

Posted by: Fuzzy Lyra.4016

Fuzzy Lyra.4016

Path 4 – When my team got to Lupus room, cut-scene did not trigger and we were unable to fight Lupus and finish the dungeon. We tried waypointing and coming back, getting the NPC killed and ressing him and clearing all mobs but nothing would trigger Lupus to wake up and fight us, he remained in his ‘NPC’ state.

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

1) Arah gate events are bugged, can’t open it. It’s been that way for…a month ?

2) When Lupicus does his big AoE in phase 2, it hits all over the place (even if not in the red circles) and sometimes without the animation

2nd one is not a bug. His “auto-attack” in phase 2 is a ranged projectile that looks identical to his big AoE and he usually uses it after casting the big AoE. To dodge it, you simply walk back and forth sideways.

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

My group spent over 2 hours on the path 4 Simin fight because of the sparks.

- The circles aren’t lighting properly after pulling the sparks to them. We had instances where a circle appeared unused but the spark would not go on so we dragged them to circles that appeared used and they triggered them instead so I guess they are lighting properly
- Some sparks stacked on the same circle after triggering different circles which made it difficult to tell which is still needed for remaining sparks
- Some sparks weren’t even near the shrine but it triggered the shrine for us 2 times. I’m not really sure what happened but the one time it looked like we lost aggro on the front one that is alone along the rocky divider and it floated back and triggered the shrine. We liked this bug.
- After about 2 hours the circles were all bugged out. Only 1 random circle was there when the sparks spawned and the other 4 were completely invisible so it made it difficult to tell where to put them but the circles appeared after we put a spark in that area. When the sparks spawned this same cycle repeated itself.

I guess all you have to do is play this and fail at it for awhile to see those things. It took us about 8 hours to finish this path and this added a lot of time and frustration.

path 1

- if your skill bar gets locked by the tar boss it stays that way until you log out and back in and then you have to run a mile back to it
- wtb a waypoint at tar boss at the very least

Also, I have one suggestion. Lupicus is an epic boss which deserves some decent loot. I managed to get a white leggings drop from him yesterday.

(edited by obal.3218)

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

This happened to me this weekend in path 2, but the first boss fight (the little asura) didn’t activate and just stayed green and non-attackable.

Luckily it is an early bug so you only waste about 5 min, but still should be fixed.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Posted by: grayskull.2367

grayskull.2367

I’ve done this dungeon more time that i can count and failed equally that many time it pure luck if i can defeat Lupicus or not.

Fighting lupicus you are basically required to take a guardian if you want to stand any change ageist him. This is just wrong no class should be more valued in a instance than another, under you direction you wanted it to be perfectly doable without any classes being a requirement.
Well let me tell you it not at all you need tankly build and heavily DPS builds to stand a chance!
Oh don’t you dare be a Ranger or an Necro as people will right out refuses to take you some time because of your build chose, that you cannot change less making you totally useless in combat. “BTW I’m Necro player traited in death magic” Which is like having the black death mark on you to the other players as you’re going to be spawning horror at random with you first 5 point in the death trait which no one wants including me which give a much higher change for grubs to spawn.
So PLEASE fix it so grub will not spawn from this trait as it make us necro unwanted in this fight, and likewise for ranger pets and Mesmer clone’s thee thing should never ever spawn grubs NEVER!!!!.

A little more about the grub just before he change in the phase two he will randomly spawn 1-2 grubs as your all running for your life to avoid the AOE spam. This pretty much mean you have to stay still and kill them as Lupicus AOE spam you into dust greatly risking the change or wiping in the progress it’s a little obsessive to spawn grubs just as he change phase is it not?

About Lupicus AOE attack the red marks on the ground some time don’t show up “invisible to the player” making them impossible to dodge out of the way of. This only happen to me one but it happened. Also the the red marks on the ground will damage you even if you outside the markers so even if you can run of them/roll out the way they can still damage you if you’re standing just outside them. make the very hard to get out of the way of.

Finally the way point WHY!? oh why is it so dam fair away it take almost 2 minutes with a run speed boost to run back into the fight, 2 minute….. I get you don’t want the hardest boss to be graveyard zerg to death I’m cool with that i don’t want to kill him like that ever but as it stands if you die your group will have to survive for 2 minutes with out you. Wait for you to get back to the fight, and if more than one of you dies and has to run back it’s almost a guaranteed wipe one person in that room with lupicus is pure suicide as he will spam you in to oblivion. So get praying to the gaming god your team mate can run like forest Gump and get back into the fight before you are kill. As he will reset instantly the moment his last attack hits a player killing him no time delay at all.

simple fix add a way-point half way between the boss and the way-point we have to use at the moment "far too far to run back! This will making die less of a problem bit still keeping it challenging, and add a delay to his reset time.

(edited by grayskull.2367)

Posted by: Eve.4819

Eve.4819

Path 1: Lupicus Resets with people still fighting him in range, happened several times in the same run, after he resetted 4 times while there was someone fighting him each time, we gave up. Also he seemed twice as strong as usual (but that might not be a bug, just annoying)

Also Path 1: When fighting the tar boss, we some of us permanently lost our skills. They did not come back with the firebreath, not when we got from down state, not after death, just not at all. We constandly had to relog and reenter the dungeon one by one to get our skills back.

Also, and this only happened to me, not the other teammates, When ever i stood on the water at the tar boss my client completely crashed (gw2 stopped responding). Thank god there were only 4 people needed to stand on the water, i litterally crashed all the 3 times i tried. How ever when in deathnova, i was able to stand on water and not crash, just not in normal form O_o

Path 4: Lupicus again. the cutscene before engaging him never triggered, he remained in his npc state what ever we tried. Killing every foe inbetween him and waypoint, getting npc killed and revived, waypointing to other places in arah..

Posted by: Arkarian.1679

Arkarian.1679

I experienced a few of these bugs:

Path 1: I experienced this like 1 month ago, so I don’t know if it’s fixed (I suppose it isn’t), but when getting to the 9 immune Jotun’s that have to be brought to the light in order to be able to deal damage to them, 3 of them stayed as friendly NPC’s and we couldn’t advance through the dungeon.

Path 4: Here I experienced 2 issues. The first one, Lupicus resetting even though we were hitting on him. The second one, the sparks at the dwayna fight were randomly introducing or not to an empty cell when passing through these.

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

YES i almost forgot it…how could i:

The whole spark thing on dwayna is extremely bugged. Even if the cage is empty and you lure them to there, nothing happens.

For example, first time is normal, you can lure the 5 sparks to their respective cages. But after that, some of the cages remain active, and some of the activated sparks goes invisible leaving the cages empty. Then you have to start luring them around each cage until it works.

Also confirming the petrifying thing not working when a tear is thrown.
And sometimes, you get petrified two times in a row. You are petrified with a dead eye stare and gets immediately petrified again when you get out.
Sometimes, you can still move while petrified but not attack.

I’m playing this right now, and can confirm that many many times the sparks won’t go in cages, they just wobble around the outside and rub against them instead.

This event would be better if they went in any cages as long as they were pulled into a big circle around the pole.

(I know you specifically asked not for this, but it’s also probably a tad too hard anyway and her HPs should recharge a little more slowly than at present).

Attachments:

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

randomfightfan.4091

Blinds are less effective on enemies with the Defiant buff.

so using unload as my projectile finisher behind smoke screen 3 times in a row and still every one of the hunter’s attacks hit is just because blind is less effective? He IS immune to blinds sadly.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Blinds are only 10% effective against foes with Defiant. It is not that statistically unlikely for a Defiant boss to hit through several dozen attacks while blinded for every one of them. If he were immune to blind, you would see the “Immune” text appear when you attempt to use blind against him and no condition would appear on his bar.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Gab.5630

And today we did Path 4 again,becouse i wanted to record Simin fight,but she bugged.
Here what i mean : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ_LOuK9JDM

randomfightfan.4091

watched the vid, don’t see the bug… not sure if she went invis or not, that might be the bug you’re talking about. Not sure though, couldn’t really see much.

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Path 2 the first boss will bug out if the asura npc isn’t following your group making the first boss unattackable. Path 4 giganticus seems to bug out(doesn’t wake up and become attackable) if you enter his room when randall is dead not 100% sure

Path 2 the part with the powersuit and guns that energize the suit. There is an object that attracts all the spiders/abominations by the waypoint it doesn’t seem to attract them all the time and they will chase the player until he/she goes invis or dies

Path 4 bloodstone shard doesn’t become attackable randall does not interact with the shard triggering the cutscene not sure what causes this

Path 2 Alphard doesn’t spin when meeled. When alphard teleports to the middle he takes time before he starts spinning and shooting lightning bolts everywhere. If you melee him as soon as he teleports he will keep getting pushed back causing him not to do his spin attack not sure if this is intended.

Path 4 sometimes when pulling simin out of her room she won’t attack cast the lightning aoe/petrify/invis she will just stand there and you can take her down to 0% not sure what triggers this

Path 1 the part where you have to fight champions in the green light. As a mesmer it seems your clones will always do 0 dmg even if they’re in the light. I need to do this path again to confirm

Path 2 final boss mesmer illusions do 0 damage as they aren’t phased.

Path 3 first boss with the hunter/crusher you can stand on a spiky ball and the crusher won’t be able to attack so you can range down the hunter

All of the veteran abominations in Arah are broken they do not generate fury nor are they unstoppable

There is also an exploit where you can go straight to giganticus it only works for path 3 because the other paths you have to follow the event chain. There is also another jumping exploit by the lanterns for path 3/4 the ones you need to take the item from the lantern and put it into the empty lantern to open the door. There is a place you can climb to skip mobs I can PM it to you if you want

*Also why are people posting stuff like nerf giganticus? I thought this thread was for broken events not incompetence causing failure?

(edited by RoRo.8270)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Mesmers can always shatter before infection. Just saying.

Posted by: Ummeiko.5318

Ummeiko.5318

Path 2, first boss.

The boss event will not trigger if the gates are contested or closed. (At least, this is the correlation we have come across. If the gates are open, everything proceeds as normal. Every time the gates have been closed or become contested while we are in the instance, the boss doesn’t trigger.)

Marumari – Asura Warrior
Ummei – Asura Ele

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Sitting in front of GL right now in path 4 with him not activating… gg.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Gab.5630

watched the vid, don’t see the bug… not sure if she went invis or not, that might be the bug you’re talking about. Not sure though, couldn’t really see much.

She never attacked,never petrified anyone,and didn’t go invisible and her healing breeze didn’t started,she was like a statue.
I’ve heard that some bosses just stucks when DPS is too high ( alpha,lyssa ) but she started do nothing since i pulled her..

Bukkebruse.2810

She never attacked,never petrified anyone,and didn’t go invisible and her healing breeze didn’t started,she was like a statue.
I’ve heard that some bosses just stucks when DPS is too high ( alpha,lyssa ) but she started do nothing since i pulled her..

Alpha gets stuck when he spawns the Alpha’s Essence during the third fight. Idk about Lyssa, the times we fought her she was stuck from the beginning of the fight

Posted by: grayskull.2367

grayskull.2367

*Also why are people posting stuff like nerf giganticus? I thought this thread was for broken events not incompetence causing failure?

Because no mater how you look at it the way the grubs spawn from Lupicus in that fight is bugged and need a serious look at.
They should NEVER spawn from Necros horror trait “that cant be change less making that build useless” or like wise ranger pets and Mesmer clone should NEVER!!! spawn grubs this just make other play resent these class and refuse to take them in a party if this is not a bug i don’t know what is.

The red circles on the ground also sometime bug out damaging you even when not inside them of better still going invisible so you cant see them on the ground oh then add the fact the Lupicus will AOE spam one target to dust not once changing target to attack someone else until that player is dead having to run back from the 2 mile hike way point!
(This way point is far to far away it take two minutes all most to get back with my Necro run boost which i have 2 of BTW “spectral wall and locust swarm”)

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

for simin, I believe, and this is just believe, that she will not do anything because she has become aggroed onto the NPC. And while aggroed onto the NPC she will never stealth, nor petrify players. I’ve heard rumors of players who watched randall fight her at the entrance of the cave, and kill her as she never retaliates against him.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Because no mater how you look at it the way the grubs spawn from Lupicus in that fight is bugged and need a serious look at.
They should NEVER spawn from Necros horror trait “that cant be change less making that build useless” or like wise ranger pets and Mesmer clone should NEVER!!! spawn grubs this just make other play resent these class and refuse to take them in a party if this is not a bug i don’t know what is.

You can stow pets and shatter clones. Only issue seems to be necro traited at least 5 in death magic.

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

The red circles on the ground also sometime bug out damaging you even when not inside them of better still going invisible so you cant see them on the ground oh then add the fact the Lupicus will AOE spam one target to dust not once changing target to attack someone else until that player is dead having to run back from the 2 mile hike way point!
(This way point is far to far away it take two minutes all most to get back with my Necro run boost which i have 2 of BTW “spectral wall and locust swarm”)

The only thing I agree with is him attacking only 1 player(it is still doable). I play a mesmer all I do is change traits and take ranged illusions for phase 1 you should learn how to adapt to fights. The aoe hits you because it bounces if you hadn’t noticed. Also in your earlier post you exaggerate where you say you are required a specific class you can do this fight with any class seems you’re just looking for excuses

randomfightfan.4091

I was fighting the knight solo in p4 but after I died and wped back, he followed me through the wp. We proceeded to kill him in the vigil camp

Posted by: Mathog.3157

Mathog.3157

Effect of Bug:

The solution is simple: take necro with main hand dagger which will only attack spawned grubs and locust swarms. Necro doesn’t attack lupi = minions don’t attack lupi.

Posted by: Hackmode.7092

Hackmode.7092

Seriously, no one?

“This looks very, this looks very, this looks very interesting”
“Up the slope , up the slope, up the slope, up the slope, we need to get to the altar”

And also Luppy doesn’t cause agony, I don’t know if this bugged or intended, just seems way too easy now..

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Here’s a broken event: Lupus’ grub attack targets non-players. Fix it.

randomfightfan.4091

P1, tar monster
When a player gets covered in tar it’s basically good night. They can’t move for an entire minute, the tar CAN’T be burnt off, they can’t use any ability to get out, if they go downed and res they won’t be able to use any abilities. If they die, wp back, they won’t have any abilities. If they somehow manage to survive the full minute they will be granted with, you guessed it, the ability to have no abilities.

Sometimes the NPC disappears and you can’t find her.

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Can’t even reach the dungeon it since the events leading up to the contested gate are frozen on my server.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

P1, tar monster
When a player gets covered in tar it’s basically good night. They can’t move for an entire minute, the tar CAN’T be burnt off, they can’t use any ability to get out, if they go downed and res they won’t be able to use any abilities. If they die, wp back, they won’t have any abilities. If they somehow manage to survive the full minute they will be granted with, you guessed it, the ability to have no abilities.

Sometimes the NPC disappears and you can’t find her.

You need to keep tar boss perma burned, otherwise he will use that skill .

(edited by haviz.1340)