Cliffside Fractal final boss Broken

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: zerofill.1980

zerofill.1980

We had a dungeon-breaking problem with the cages as well in this fight. As the final boss was very low, he sent me to the cage, and then about second later went down to 0% health and dropped the hammer. After he went down the cages become unattackable, so I was stuck in there permanently and couldn’t get out. When I was first sent to the cage, I could see the red glow on the cage indicating it was attackable for a split second, then he died and it went away and became unattackable.

It didn’t give us credit for beating it despite the seal being at 0% health. I was locked in the cage and stuck in combat and couldn’t die so we couldn’t even restart from the checkpoint. Sadly, it was our last fractal too.

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Let’s see if last update fixed it

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Save your frustration and use http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Experimental_Teleportation_Gun to get out of cages.
Also extremely useful in other cases when someone gets stuck.

Anyways boss gets extremely easy when you pull it to other room.

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Except the gun doesnt work at all if you’re inside the cage, tested yet.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

zerofill.1980

Yeah, I couldn’t target enemies or select anything outside of the cage, you are cut off from everything, portal gun doesn’t help. The easiest fix would be to simply have the cages open when the boss dies.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

I think the way to get people out of such “stuck” situations is that someone outside makes a portal entrance as close to the obstacle as possible, and the stuck player should be close enough to that entrance that he can activate it. LoS isn’t checked for that.

zerofill.1980

I think the way to get people out of such “stuck” situations is that someone outside makes a portal entrance as close to the obstacle as possible, and the stuck player should be close enough to that entrance that he can activate it. LoS isn’t checked for that.

Ahh, good to know, will have to try that until they properly fix it. Thanks!

Posted by: Treplos.5182

Treplos.5182

Save your frustration and use http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Experimental_Teleportation_Gun to get out of cages.

At lvl 20+, it is still hard when you pull to the other room. The 15-20 mobs around the seal can down people very quickly (it gets worse if you don’t break the stun, which many mobs don’t seem to get affected by it btw). Plus all the dmg from the boss, melee, debuffs and agony start to add up. It can be done but it takes a good, coordinated group with lots of luck because it can get very messy, very fast. IMO it is borked and needs to be fixed.

Also, having to use a tele gun as a band-aid is absurd. They should just hot fix this pile of poo already.

This, in addition to the inability to rejoin fractals has put me off playing this game for several days now. I won’t bother to log in anymore till they get both of these problems sorted out.

(edited by Treplos.5182)

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Yes, if someone makes a portal/use a gun outside saving the caged one, helps. Except when this kind of behaviour begins, in a matter of seconds every other member goes inside. The life saver have to go out of combat by the boss, to save himself to be caged triggering the bug. On some rare cases the portal is still up ,someone/ all can escape and continue, but is rare.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

At lvl 20+, it is still hard when you pull to the other room. The 15-20 mobs around the seal can down people very quickly (it gets worse if you don’t break the stun, which many mobs don’t seem to get affected by it btw). Plus all the dmg from the boss, melee, debuffs and agony start to add up. It can be done but it takes a good, coordinated group with lots of luck because it can get very messy, very fast. IMO it is borked and needs to be fixed.

Also, having to use a tele gun as a band-aid is absurd. They should just hot fix this pile of poo already.

This, in addition to the inability to rejoin fractals has put me off playing this game for several days now. I won’t bother to log in anymore till they get both of these problems sorted out.

Bring stun-breaker or stay in another room when other people go to damage seal. 3 players are more than enough for that job. Quickly running back usually prevents most of enemies coming with you.
You probably need some defensive skills to avoid wells but dodging flash should be very simple.
I’m not really surprised that people have problems when they have relied on exploits.

And if you don’t want to use portal gun it’s fine with me.

Posted by: Helenorz.2547

Helenorz.2547

Had no problem with this. Of course my group goes out of its way to do every dungeon the way the devs ment them to be done. Since we do that, we were prepared to do this event the right way, you know, the exact same way we have been doing it since launch.

Thank you for the fixes Anet.

So I guess these are all intended:

- add not spawning.
- add spawn infinitely.
- add doesn’t reset after wipe.
- Boss can start aggro and attacking you as soon as you respawn at the check point.
- Boss’s phase doesn’t reset and stuck in the AOE phase.

Get off your high horse.

Only 1 of those happens happens if you do the boss correctly. Whatever tho. So many people here want to whine rather than beat the boss right. Every time they make a boss with some interesting phases like this one and Lupicus, the people who cant,wont, or too lazy enough to beat it come here and whine.

The seal needs to have its protective seal at the start of the fight. Once thats done, the rest of the fight is not broken.

what is doing it “correctly” exactly? what are we doing that’s not “correct” that’s causing infinite spawns, seal resets, etc etc? If “doing it correctly” is the workaround ANet has come up with, which is the whole don’t kill the first set of adds thing, that’s not really “doing it correctly”, as inifinite spawns and ALL that was not intended. I’ve had it where the moment you got it, there’s not protective shield. at that point, it’s not that none of us were not doing it right or wrong, it’s simply it’s bugged/messed up/whatever.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

I’ve killed the boss “correctly” plenty if times before the “fix” before we knew about the bug.

Correctly for me is just killing the first adds, DPSing 25% of the boss, picking hammer, killing one of the now fast (but reasonable) spawning mobs to charge hammer, hitting seal, EVERY MOB except boss despawns and we are stunned, then restarting from the DPSing 25% of the boss part until victory.

The current situation where adds spawn very quickly and don’t despawn on seal hit look like a bug to me no matter how you say it.

(edited by stof.9341)

Posted by: Sosyn.8154

Sosyn.8154

This fractal is unbeatable and will make people stop doing FotM. I think it should be removed from the fractal rotation until fixed.

^ this … take it out of rotation pls …

anything up from lvl 12 just spawns endless amount of vets wich don’t despawn after the boss picks up hammer

take it out now

Lucas Ashrock.8675

I’ve killed the boss “correctly” plenty if times before the “fix” before we knew about the bug.

Correctly for me is just killing the first adds, DPSing 25% of the boss, picking hammer, killing one of the now fast (but reasonable) spawning mobs to charge hammer, hitting seal, EVERY MOB except boss despawns and we are stunned, then restarting from the DPSing 25% of the boss part until victory.

The current situation where adds spawn very quickly and don’t despawn on seal hit look like a bug to me no matter how you say it.

That’s exactly how i remember was this fight, not exploiting, who had a sense. I’m still wondering who was the genius to put loads adds not despawning, but well, considering even the cage doesn’t work properly, it’s enough clear the entire fight is just a bugged fractral, and if lucky to not get one of the bugs, you will pass. Shrugs.

Posted by: Treplos.5182

Treplos.5182

Bring stun-breaker or stay in another room when other people go to damage seal. 3 players are more than enough for that job. Quickly running back usually prevents most of enemies coming with you.
You probably need some defensive skills to avoid wells but dodging flash should be very simple.
I’m not really surprised that people have problems when they have relied on exploits.

And if you don’t want to use portal gun it’s fine with me.

Hey Sherlock,

First, thanks for the tips, but we already know and use them. This does not make that fractal any less borked.

Btw, you have some supreme powers of deduction. You over-generalize that everyone relied on exploits and all that jazz. You can stop that now, thanks.

Posted by: Slacker.2679

Slacker.2679

In case you guys don’t read the patch notes…

Cliffside: Fixed a bug that would cause the final boss to spawn too many cultists at higher scales.
Cliffside: The first wave of cultists will now heal the arm seals if no players are within aggro range.
Cliffside: Fixed a bug where players could send their pets in to kill the first boss before the event was active.
Cliffside: Fixed a blocking bug where the cultists would not reset correctly on party wipe at scale 10 or higher in the final boss fight.
Cliffside: Fixed a bug where the Legendary Archdiviner’s health would not reset properly on party wipe.

Everything seems to be in order now, got Cliffside on 20 the other day and we were able to defeat the boss with no issues. The side room is locked off during the fight now (not sure what the reason for this is) but the difficulty progresses normally through stages now instead of hitting an exponential brick wall so removing him from the main room is no longer necessary.

Posted by: toothlessgrin.5360

toothlessgrin.5360

At level 3 cliffside, 4 people stuck in cage, mesmer outside dead… sigh too many times dead end because of bugs

Attachments:

Posted by: lostkt.5679

lostkt.5679

This fractal appears to be still bugged. We just did it as 3rd in level 10 fractals, and the cage bugged out with no HP bar for any of the cages. We got stuck and relogging did not reset boss at all, even though it reset the seal. Filed bug report in game but this isn’t exactly a new bug. Ended up having to quit after so much time spent in it.

Posted by: Lambros Augustus.6594

Lambros Augustus.6594

I used to love that level because of the giant but with the bugs and the difficulty of the arm seals, I loathe it.

Posted by: Clever.7918

Clever.7918

6-7 months since this has been posted and my group just encountered this bug where we get stuck in the prison and no way out. Can this please be fixed?

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Sup brah, you main a necro?

Posted by: Clever.7918

Clever.7918

Ya i do for fractals, were you in my group lol?

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

ugh don’t necro dev response threads, it makes me think one has actually posted in the dungeon forum in the last 6 months.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

Recently when I did this fractal as well the cages were broken. I, Engineer with my ranged weapons, could not attack the cage. Melee didn’t seem to have an issue.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

Player Character.9467

Ya i do for fractals, were you in my group lol?

No, you necro’ed the thread. This isn’t about the same bug and it was posted by a dev so it doesn’t really require you say anything unless a dev or patch notes say something about an attempt at patching it and you want to update them on it.

Player Character.9467

Can’t you just remove the fractal from the rotation until you fix it?

He says in response to a dev post from December 3rd, 20:46

Posted by: adri.2476

adri.2476

6-7 months since this has been posted and my group just encountered this bug where we get stuck in the prison and no way out. Can this please be fixed?

We had that problem already three months ago.

Recently when I did this fractal as well the cages were broken. I, Engineer with my ranged weapons, could not attack the cage. Melee didn’t seem to have an issue.

I played a Guardian and wasn´t able to attack the cage either.

Posted by: AnnieGYG.6842

AnnieGYG.6842

9 months and half of this is still not fixed, just had this bug and the cage was unbreakable for everyone, melee, ranged, pets, inside, outside and of course AOE had no effect.

All 5 of us trapped in it with no way out, we all logged to character select and logged back in but the same thing happened 5 times where 1 by one we would all end up in the same cage with no way out.

Edited to add: Further information is that the group had already completed a set of 3 fractals including this one, teleported back to the lab on completion, then went straight into another set of 3 fractals without leaving. Not sure if this is useful info or not.

Edit for Paradigm, sorry fella, no point in starting new threads when the bugs been reported before

Property of Gandara EU

(edited by AnnieGYG.6842)

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Please don’t give me a heart attack like this. I actually thought Hrouda came back from the grave and made a post.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Oh my god me too, I was all “HE’S NOT GONE, HE HASN’T ABANDONED US”

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Broadicea.8294

it’s not like he did anything while he was here, who cares

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

Probably because anet wouldnt let him. He couldnt find ways to tie gem store items into his dungeons, so they canned him. LOL

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Probably because anet wouldnt let him. He couldnt find ways to tie gem store items into his dungeons, so they canned him. LOL

It’s pretty easy to tie gem store to dungeons. It will make you elitists so proud to show off the stuffs only you can have. Or things that make those w/ zillion achievement points proud. And useful if you continue up the ladder. But I won’t tell because it’s unfair that Jon Smith makes more than I do.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

It’s pretty easy to tie gem store to dungeons. It will make you elitists so proud to show off the stuffs only you can have. Or things that make those w/ zillion achievement points proud. And useful if you continue up the ladder. But I won’t tell because it’s unfair that Jon Smith makes more than I do.

When you fix your grammar and post in paragraph form that people can follow, feel free to repost. Otherwise i have no idea what you are trying to say.

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Take your sense of entitlement to a subscription game.

Player Character.9467

Take your sense of entitlement to a subscription game.

Wtf does his post have to do with entitlement?

Broadicea.8294

Yaki, Yaki, Yaki.

Back when I was in South Korea there used to be some awesome street food vendors selling yaki mandu, little fried dumplings. Man, you just reminded me of that stuff. Mmmmmmm.

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

When you fix your grammar and post in paragraph form that people can follow, feel free to repost. Otherwise i have no idea what you are trying to say.

Do a search on Google to find some scientific papers about how modern human making senses of bad form contexts. But those papers are applicable to modern human only. Cavemen need not apply.
There are couple more reasons but I won’t say here because it would make the previous reason even pale in comparison. And of course, you would not understand what I’ve just said.

“When you fix your grammar and post in paragraph form that I can follow, feel free to repost. Otherwise i have no idea what you are trying to say.”

Fixed it for you.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

This thread is really starting to confuse me.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|